Setmore Reviews

Setmore

Online customer appointment scheduling calendar

4.66/5 (694 reviews)

Pros
  • Super easy to see my schedules, and I like how fast they are filling up. My Patients find it easy to use as well, and like the appointment reminders.Cynthia W.Read the full review
  • Its easy and everything thought out generally very happy and easy to use. Perfect for my beauty therapy bookings.Charly S.Read the full review
  • I am super happy with the service I receive. I have encountered very little issues and when I did, it was to do with me not understanding or finding the answer on my own.Laynah L.Read the full review
Cons
  • I loose business when I make a customer wait. Setmore insures that I never loose my customers.Cyndi M.Read the full review
  • Have to shut if off and turn it back on Regularly, or it just stops working all together. We have actually lost some appointments due to this issue.Robert T.Read the full review
  • We thought it was people just being difficult however it was such a common complaint- can we report it to you and you look at a history of what happened within that transaction.Suzi H.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Holly Brink, REALTOR®

So far, so good!

Reviewed 2020-01-08

So far so good. I reached out to support Via the chat feature and they were very helpful.

Pros
It’s easy to set up and get started. I tried others for a minute and never finished

Cons
Wish it synced with multiple calendars as I have 5. So I have to do some shifting around after people schedule an appointment; which can defeat the purpose sometime.

Michelle Carvalho

I really love Setmore! It does what it's supposed to do with a few surprising perks!

Reviewed 2020-02-20

Overall, it's exactly what I need at a rate I can afford.

Pros
I was having a difficult time choosing between Setmore & Calendly. The integration (easy) to my social media accounts, free trial with ability to sell on free account, and great instant customer service made them the winner. It's a great tool overall and they make it so easy and friendly to use. I also love that I can put different images in to represent my lifestyle course one on one calls!

Cons
The need to create multiple staff members in my account to set a different schedule/day for a service. It would be easier to simply be able to adjust or customize the calendar slot (open and close days) straight from the product itself. It's mostly all good though. I'm new and haven't found any real issues here in Setmore.

James Scott

The Scheduling App You've Always Wanted

Reviewed 2020-03-30

So far after just a few hours of setting up, tweaking and using....I'm up and running and I'm quite pleased with the sheer flexibility of it.

Pros
Everything that I've wanted in scheduling software is in this application. The ability to set recurring appointments, block cancellations within a certain time period, sync to Google Calendar, block time by user or use, sync with Facebook....etc..etc...and great customer service.

Cons
I REALLY wish it integrated with Zoom, or Google Hangouts, Skype, etc...

Suzi Hurley

A few things I need that are imperative

Reviewed 2019-10-30

Overall experience is good but just so frustrating that the support chat I feel dont understand your points or address / understand you problems. It feels like they're so detached from caring. Ive literally just had a conversation with someone on chat and it was an awful experience.

Pros
Super simple and works with you, quick easy and makes life simple

Cons
Really important for us and reasons why I witched: We need to take varied deposit amounts If someone cancels their appointment we have to contact them to get their card details to to refund their deposit- it's really frustrating Sometimes when I contact customer support I feel like they dont listen Our clients frequently commented on the fact that they stated going through the booking system then it quit/froze/took their card details and didnt go through. We thought it was people just being difficult however it was such a common complaint- can we report it to you and you look at a history of what happened within that transaction? Why can we not reuest payments off people through setmore- its a really great feature. There's not enough characters for T&Cs & notes to the customer when booking.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Anonymous

Even the free account works perfectly.

Reviewed 2020-02-07

The system is very easy to use and customize. The help desk is always available to ask questions, and they give the right info very fast because they know the system and understand your needs very quickly. What can I ask more? Thank you!

Pros
1. It is free! Heartfelt thanks from non-profit schools like us. 2. Customizing almost everything acc to our school's needs. Being able to add required fields while booking. Please keep all the existing functions other than the "cons" I'll mention below.

Cons
1. We had two services with two different slot lengths: 15 min and 30 min. I couldn't open both from the same account. I had to open one more free account for the 30 min service. If I did not, students could make appointments every 15 minutes, which meant they could make double reservations. 2. When customizing the booking page, the character limit for the titles of the required fields is very low. I couldn't even write "purpose of study". Could you make at least one field where the character limit is much more? I needed students to summarize briefly what they needed to study. "Purpose of study" is not clear enough to convey my message. 3. If you cannot do the 2nd one, could you at least let the admin customize the "comments" box?

Nadetie Rodriguez

Extremely Helpful

Reviewed 2020-02-20

I am very happy with Setmore. My experience has been very positive thus far. Customer service is outstanding- very fast response time and extremely helpful agents!

Pros
I love how easy to use and well-organized it is. The free version of the app has an incredible amount of features.

Cons
There are parts of the app that aesthetically could be better- such as the calendar and the booking page when a day has been blocked off. As a visual person, it really helps me if I am able to see my appointments clearly.

Merlin Dergham

best software for online booking

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2020-02-21

so far so good. i am still experiencing it. I see the interface on mobile does not show up all options as on desktop from client perspective.

Pros
easy to use and i find most features that I am after

Cons
some boxes seem not to be modified although they are. I guess such boxes should be bold. for example under class>category. I hovered over the title of my category and clicked on to rename it... nothing happens. It turns out that i have to go on the other side of the title and click on to modify. that was misleading and indirect to me.

Rayann Williams

Love the conviense

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2020-05-20

Pros
Clients can make there win appointment without having to contact me directly

Cons
Unable to have a GPS location attached. I still have to send iut a location

Erik Barragan

Reviewed 2020-05-18

Pros
Honestly Setmore is the only booking application that is really easy to use, and allows for so much in the free version, helping me out a lot.

Cons
There’s nothing to complain so far with Setmore!

Euripides Siouras

Massage therapist

Reviewed 2019-10-25

Pros
The user interface and the android app is the best on the market

Cons
The features are lacking compared to other similar software

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Christine McInnis

Best I've found for a free booking software option.

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Softmore gives me a great option for online booking and booking management. I love that it gives my customers reminders and offers the opportunity to pay ahead of time. Please add an ability to highlight dates with available bookings though!!!

Pros
The price for sure, but also that the customer support is fantastic. It has most of the features that I need, including a booking app, nice landing page, appointment reminders. So far I haven't found any glitches or issues with Setmore.

Cons
Only one issue, as a therapist who only works 2 days a week, it can be hard to customers to know which dates have available bookings. It would be FANTASTIC if days with open availability would show up green, or highlighted somehow, so customers know to click on those days. Everything else is great...however this one issue does make me consider switching to another software.

Suthasinee Rebello

The best customer service and affordable price in the market

Reviewed 2019-10-17

Easy to use platform. Affordable price.

Pros
Very easy to use, custome service are great, you can reach them anytime ( love it) I would recommend this app for everyone who need a basic scheduling app because it's very cheap and easy compared to many on the market. I have tried a lot of Software but Setmore is by far the best. Would be perfect if they offer marketing, intake form, client's file or SOAP which very important for many industries nowadays. I am not only like the app but I like its people too. Thanks guys for hard work.

Cons
I know they are doing they best to improve their app everyday. Keep it up the good work. Cheers

Jörgen Puis

Why I still use Setmore

Reviewed 2019-10-17

So far very satisfied with constant improvements in Setmore.

Pros
Very easy to manage, great customer support, clear and simple interface.

Cons
Lots of bugs over time while booking an appointment or especially when changing currenty booked appointment. Many times customers are overbooking each other, even when it is not allowed in the settings. For an example, two customers have probably booked from computer at the exact same time. So one of them gets the appointment created email and the other does not. But for the first timers it is very confusing so they both come at the same time it was available. I suggest implementing a small time frame the booking has to be made, so when a customer clicks on the preferred time he/she is the only one accessible for that appointment in this small time frame, lets say 2 min. Other thing which would be beneficial for the users would be so called "Customer view". Simple push of the button in the booking calendar view for the administrator that would hide currently booked customer names, so when Client is in the office he/she can choose another available time without seeing other customers names and info. So to say discreet view for customer eyes.

Melanie Coldiron

Easy to Use Appointment Management Tool, Free Version of Setmore Meets All My Needs

Reviewed 2019-10-16

My experience with Setmore has been outstanding. The free options have provided me with everything that I needed and things that I didn't know I needed, but love! I use Setmore every single day. Customers from various organizations can easily make appointments through the easy to use interface. I can customize the interface and corresponding emails. I can generate daily reports and schedules for my staff. I can look up customer information to follow up with customers. I can modify the availability of appointments. I am very excited to have found Setmore. One more thing, the customer service at Setmore is excellent. When I had an issue with reporting, the Setmore staff helped me immediately and gave me updates along the way. The Setmore staff followed up with me and made sure that everything was working well for me. A big thank you for the excellent customer service!

Pros
Setmore has been the perfect fit for what I need. I needed a way for an exclusive list of customers to make appointments, but I needed to be able to control when the appointment times were available based on a variable schedule. For instance, some Mondays appointments were available from 10am - 7pm and on other Mondays appointments were only available 12pm - 7pm. The free version of Setmore allows me to: customize the appointment dates/times available, allows me to embed the appointment schedule into a WordPress site, allows me to easily view and report appointment times, allows me to maintain a customer list, and even allows me the ability to customize messages to customers. Setmore has been the perfect appointment tool for my program and organization.

Cons
I love Setmore. If I had to pick one limitation it is that when I customize emails through Setmore, I have a set character limit that is just a few characters shy of the total message that I would like to send. I make due with the character limit, but my message would be a little better if I didn't have the character limit in place.

Steph Grassi

Highly recommend for Property Managers/Sales Appointments

Reviewed 2019-10-15

Setmore solves our scheduling issue with clients - we don't need to email them open timeslots and then have it change by the time they reply - now we just sent them a link to see the 'live calendar' and they can choose current openings. It also allows us to schedule group classes, and have multiple people meet us at once. We can easily ask the clients a few preliminary questions that they must fill out before their appointment, such as their budget and move-in date, so we know what products to show them at their appointment. It saves us phoning them ahead of time to discuss options and make sure we have products available for them.

Pros
I've used this software daily at my past and current company for 2+ years, it's very easy to set up and start using and the Pro version was a 'must have' when I changed companies. The ability to remove Setmore branding and integrate it into our business helps us look professional and consistent in our branding for our clients. We use it to schedule private appointments with clients, book group appointments, and reserve elevators for people moving in/out. It's easy to update hours/availability, add staff or services, and add clients. Very user friendly for our clients, we never need to help them with online bookings. The value for money is excellent, especially considering the amount of time it saves us trying to book appointments with clients (often 40+ appointments per week at our peak).

Cons
We had requested and then tested a new chat feature that would allow us to text message users from the software, but wished that it could show our work cell as the 'reply' number. It's not that important to us, so this was a non-issue. I wish we could set up reoccurring group classes (ie every Friday at 5pm, we offer ABC class, but people register for individual sessions) but it's not yet a feature so we manually add the group classes.

Debby Emeny

Easy to set up and use straight away

Reviewed 2019-10-10

I am a new business and wanted to provide an option for new customers to book online, and to also centralise the management of appointments, which Setmore has provided. Regardless of where I am, I can immediately take a booking via my mobile or land device. I was pleased to see that they have covered all major integration points and I have used this within my social media posts and website, which generates business. I am also looking to integrate with my Zoho account.

Pros
I am 6 months in and still on the Free version. I have found it user friendly and very easy to set up. I have found the customer support to be amazing and they are always looking to help resolve any issues. As I work from different locations, I have set this up by changing Provider to Location, which works for me as I am the only therapist in my business. I love that it integrates with social media, which is a huge benefit.

Cons
I would like to see a little more flexibility in some areas, and perhaps consideration of some wording options, such as, there is no option to 'Cancel' an appointment, only to 'Delete'. Delete is permanent and entirely removes the record from the customer account, it remains in the 'back-end' of the system. This creates a problem as if a new customer needs to cancel, then their whole record is 'Deleted', and to make another appointment I need to re-input their details. I understand this to be different for those that make their own appointments online, but most come directly through me, as the sole point of contact. Customers looking to 'Cancel' their appointments are contacting me, as their only option is to 'Delete' which is confusing for them. An option needs to be available where the client record is retained when the appointment is 'cancelled' by the administrator It would be useful to have an option based on 'location' rather than 'provider/therapist'

Corinne Pomroy

Excellent value, reliable online booking system

Reviewed 2019-10-10

I am a sole-proprietor massage therapist. My job does not allow me to answer phone calls during the day, and I prefer to not be returning calls during my small breaks between clients. The online booking option is perfect for my business. Most of my clients are now booked with recurring appointments, or will book online using the "Book Now" button on my facebook page. This allows me to spend less time on the phone. Less time on the phone greatly decreases the amount of time I spend on administrative tasks.

Pros
I wanted software that would allow online booking and text reminders that was affordably priced for small business.

Cons
Two complaints: 1. I really need the option to display only the first name of clients that are booked in to the system. My workspace is oriented in a way that clients can see my calendar while booking, and as a regulated health professional it is required for me to protect this information from public viewing. 2. There is no option to email, export, or print any appointment history. I am often required to share this information and it is a very common feature for other appointment systems. Currently I am required to cut and paste this information from Setmore where it is not easy to even highlight for copy. It seems to be a feature that should have been added after all these years I've been waiting for it now.

Matthew St Germain

Easiest and Most cost effective scheduling interface available

Reviewed 2019-10-10

We have had a much easier time getting our clients comfortable with booking their own appointments and being more responsible with cancellations using this system. The staff appreciates the ability to book from their phones or cancel and reschedule from outside the office.

Pros
It is easy to set up and maintain. The integration with our website was seamless. We're able to customize on the fly.

Cons
It would be more helpful if the client also had an interface that allowed them to see upcoming and past appointments. A register of cancellations, dates and communications times would also benefit us.

Monica Henry

Excellent Product & Service

Reviewed 2019-10-06

I wouldn't be able to provide the services that I do without Setmore. I am a sole practioner (massage therapist) and do not have any staff....I have back to back massages and no down time....without the online scheduler, it would be VERY difficult for me to set up appointments. Allowing clients to schedule their own appointments makes my job a lot easier and they appreciate it as well. They know their schedules and what works for them so it is convenient for everyone.

Pros
I love this software. It meets all of the scheduling needs for my small business and I really appreciate how easy it is to use and that I can customize it to fit the services that I offer and the timeframe in which I want to offer them. I especially appreciate being able to block out time.

Cons
I have been using this software for almost three years and I really do not have any complaints. The only thing that has been a problem for some clients on occassion is that they do not always notice that the month has changed when using the online scheduler. I am booked out a month and a half and I have it set up for the scheduler to take the client to the first available appointment....because they aren't always expecting that first appointment to be so far out, and the month at the top of the calendar doesn't "stand out," they don't always realize that they are booking in a different month. The only other slight problem has been when people are accessing the scheduler on their phones and the "confirm" appointment comes up to finalize the booking.....they don't always see that that part because it is cut off on the screen and don't scroll down to see it so a few people have missed that step and thought that they had an appointment but it was never finalized. However, the vast majority of my clients have had no problems using the scheduler and I receive a lot of positive feedback about the scheduler from my clients....they love it!

Sue Posada

A decent program that's easy to use

Reviewed 2018-11-28

The software was great for my first time using an online booking/ scheduling app. It didn't have a lot of bells and thrills, but I think it did the job in keeping it simple for even a dummy like me to use. Of course over time with use, as with everything else, there are times while in the moments I had an, "I wish I could do (blank) with this" moment. Nonetheless, I think this is very user friendly for a beginner.

Pros
While using this program for about 5 years it grew on me as a simple way of scheduling clients. I am not very tech savvy, but I was able to use it with ease. It was great being able to create a service menu and be able to link it with Yelp. It has a nice feature that allows you to have reminders sent via email or text to clients so they know their appointment was coming up. The online booking feature was also easy to navigate for clients. The scheduling tabs were very clear and easy to see from the main calendar view. You're able to toggle on or off the view of other staff members schedules so you don't have to view a crazy calendar at all times.

Cons
The inability to put a real credit card info to hold appointments. While it was an option to request credit card information to hold appointments, any number would be sufficient to bypass that measure and an appointment would be booked. It would have also been a nice feature to have the same reminder options available for the staff to get notified of appointments coming up that day. As an appointment based only business I had a few missed appointments because the app never sent a notification through whether my phone was in bad service or not.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Bill Anderson

Day Spa Booking software

Reviewed 2019-10-11

Good, but could be better.

Pros
Setting up services is smooth and allows for the order to be determined by client and not A-Z. Most booking software do not allow for this. Thus you can not put your top selling services at the top of the booking page for ease of clients that book online. Sends confirmation emails and reminder text. The reminder text greatly reduces no-showes. Easy ability to download booking information into spread sheet that can be uploaded into email markeing programs. Keeps an ongoing data base of all clients year to year. So you data base just gets larger. Not difficult for staff to learn to use for booking appointments.

Cons
Does not have a staff only interphase that can be at the front desk. To allow staff to have all functions they must use admin page. That allows for booking software surfing by staff and the deletions of settings and services by mistake. Does not allow for Room booking. Only does staff booking. So if a services requires more then one staff member can result in over booking and angry clients. Needs the ability to be able to book rooms or service areas, then when assigned to staff, then staff can receive emails on service times. Currently does only books staff. So my staff never receives booking notifications. I have each set to areas or rooms in the spa. Does not allow payment processing threw local banks or other merchants that have lower interest rates compared to Strip and Square.

Justin Passerini

Easy to use anywhere, especially great for a new start up (free option)

Reviewed 2018-05-26

Pros
The best thing about Setmore is that it is very simplified, to the point, and easy to use anywhere. I have ran into clients at the grocery store, park, etc. and instead of them having to call my office to set up an appointment, I can tell them right then what is available and schedule them. We first found the free version as we were transitioning from paper and pencil scheduling to electronic, and we have found that it is perfect for our needs. You can completely customize your schedule to include as many services as you would like for different lengths of time, prices, etc. You can also add employees and customize other features including colors for services (as they appear on your schedule), office hours, and scheduling intervals. You can add as much or as little contact information about your clients as you would like. Also, I have had to contact customer service 3 times during our use, and they have been GREAT every single time. They have resolved any issue that I have had within 24 hours and were very open with communication, keeping me informed with progress.

Cons
There are a few things that I wish Setmore was a bit better about... Setmore is not really "secure". A medical office, for instance, would probably not be able to use this option for scheduling. The only real "issue" that we've had with using the app (on iOS) is that it does crash upon opening quite frequently. It does open on the 2nd or 3rd try every time, and we have never contacted customer service about this issue because it really hasn't interfered with our productivity.

Melissa Bennae

Best UI all in One Service Pay Scheduler

Reviewed 2019-10-15

Solved time management, productivity, processing payments in advance of appointments. Customer services are above and beyond expectations always!

Pros
My customers compliments on my automation that allows them to schedule, see fees, choose services and pay online.

Cons
Not 1 complaint! Always great and fast for support if needed.

Melita Morrow

LOVE Setmore..but

Reviewed 2019-10-10

I have tried other's and have come back to Ashmore!!

Pros
The ease. Not too many p ages to flip through. We sto p ped using setmore and paid for more expensive ones... only because doesnt quite cover our needs. But i came back to setmore when weighing up pro & cons

Cons
I ideally need more photo space. And to be able to view photo bigger. I would also like better reporting. We have now got square so I'll see i f that makes reporting better. Also staff get to access client info, it would be good if they just saw their schedule ,& not able to change it and not see $ .

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Maia Wilson

Instrumental to my business

Reviewed 2019-10-14

We were setting appointments the old fashioned way in a calendar book. I knew I wanted an option that would allow me to set appointments from anywhere, be ause I spend a lot of time away from the store yet am usually the person interacting with customers. I also needed my appointment setting software to integrate with a crm. I found hubspot and the 2 work together very well. Seamlessly. I also added a slack integration to help me keep track of new bookings so I can set up our email reminders. They are more detailed than the automatic emails generated from setmore. But I still use the setmore emails to remind clients of their appointments. The fact that I cam use setmore for both regular appointments and to set up classes is perfect for my business.

Pros
Easy to use Integrates with my crm, mailchimp and slack Allows us to set appointments any time from anywhere

Cons
Automatic emails are not customizable. We had to set up separate emails to explain our process to our customers. It would be so amazing if I could use the setmore automatic email feature for all of that explaining.