Setmore Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.13/10

Reviews by rating

Great for the beauty industry, easy for us to use and easy for clients, much more reasonably priced than other scheduling software.
I like how user friendly the software is. Also if I can't figure out something costumer service is wonderful and helpful.
Easy to set up and use with other third party vendors, impressed with functionality and flexibility. Love the features to include others in the calendar when working as a team.
I get calls all the time of accidental appointments made and they are unable to locate how to cancel them. Or I have to call and verify that is the day and time they wanted their appointment for.
It turns out that i have to go on the other side of the title and click on to modify. That was misleading and indirect to me.
I am still unsure of how I need to streamline my settings as to not double up on services or make things more confusing than they need to be.

Brett B.

CEO, Life Coach & Business Coach

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

A perfect fit!

Transcript

Brett: Hi, I'm Brett. Professional life coach. I'm giving Setmore five stars. For more reviews like this...

Alex H.

Office Manager

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Setmore use in Scheduling

Transcript

Alex: My name is Alex. I'm the office manager, and I give Setmore a four out of five. For more reviews...

Britany S.

E-Learning, self-employed

Best Appointment Scheduling Software

I would recommend this app for anyone needing a basic scheduling app.

Pros

Setmore has a very easy-to-use interface and setting everything up is almost effortless. A few features I like most are the self-booking features for clients, the ability to set up automated appointments, and responsive customer service. It's free to use but you do have the option to upgrade to a paid plan for more features.

Cons

Setmore is available online and on mobile but there are no desktop versions available.

Hi Britany, Thank you for taking the time to review Setmore! Thrilled to hear that you think Setmore is easy-to-use and that you found the setup effortless. It's great that you appreciate the features available and you like that it's free. Julia, Community Team

DE

Debby E.

Do not overlook Setmore

It has been a huge blessings as I started my business with Setmore and it has allowed me to take bookings online. I have only used the free version and will be sad to leave them, but should they upgrade to the more modern style and more capability, I would love to hear about it as I know they will do it right.

Pros

It is very easy to use and intuitive to set up. It has online booking capability that integrates with my Wordpress website. The online help is second to none and they are very quick to respond and super friendly. Their FREE version is amazing for up to five practitioners and integrates with numerous payment providers. It has a notes section and option to list classes. They are also constantly improving their system, striving for the best.

Cons

It does not look that modern and although they do the basics very well, I need more than that now, which they cannot yet provide, such as concession cards, membership options, discounts, SOAP notes etc. It looks a little outdated and wanted to have a modern look with lots of clear images.

Hi Debby, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is extremely important to us as we are constantly striving to improve the product. Please continue to reach out to our support team or email help@setmore.com if you have any issues. Thanks, Julia, Community Team

SH

Suzi H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

A few things I need that are imperative

Overall experience is good but just so frustrating that the support chat I feel dont understand your points or address / understand you problems. It feels like they're so detached from caring. Ive literally just had a conversation with someone on chat and it was an awful experience.

Pros

Super simple and works with you, quick easy and makes life simple

Cons

Really important for us and reasons why I witched: We need to take varied deposit amounts If someone cancels their appointment we have to contact them to get their card details to to refund their deposit- it's really frustrating Sometimes when I contact customer support I feel like they dont listen Our clients frequently commented on the fact that they stated going through the booking system then...

CM

Christine M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Best I've found for a free booking software option.

Softmore gives me a great option for online booking and booking management. I love that it gives my customers reminders and offers the opportunity to pay ahead of time. Please add an ability to highlight dates with available bookings though!!!

Pros

The price for sure, but also that the customer support is fantastic. It has most of the features that I need, including a booking app, nice landing page, appointment reminders. So far I haven't found any glitches or issues with Setmore.

Cons

Only one issue, as a therapist who only works 2 days a week, it can be hard to customers to know which dates have available bookings. It would be FANTASTIC if days with open availability would show up green, or highlighted somehow, so customers know to click on those days. Everything else is great...however this one issue does make me consider switching to another software.

MS

Matthew S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Easiest and Most cost effective scheduling interface available

We have had a much easier time getting our clients comfortable with booking their own appointments and being more responsible with cancellations using this system. The staff appreciates the ability to book from their phones or cancel and reschedule from outside the office.

Pros

It is easy to set up and maintain. The integration with our website was seamless. We're able to customize on the fly.

Cons

It would be more helpful if the client also had an interface that allowed them to see upcoming and past appointments. A register of cancellations, dates and communications times would also benefit us.

MH

Monica H.

Excellent Product & Service

I wouldn't be able to provide the services that I do without Setmore. I am a sole practioner (massage therapist) and do not have any staff....I have back to back massages and no down time....without the online scheduler, it would be VERY difficult for me to set up appointments. Allowing clients to schedule their own appointments makes my job a lot easier and they appreciate it as well. They know their schedules and what works for them so it is convenient for everyone.

Pros

I love this software. It meets all of the scheduling needs for my small business and I really appreciate how easy it is to use and that I can customize it to fit the services that I offer and the timeframe in which I want to offer them. I especially appreciate being able to block out time.

Cons

I have been using this software for almost three years and I really do not have any complaints. The only thing that has been a problem for some clients on occassion is that they do not always notice that the month has changed when using the online scheduler. I am booked out a month and a half and I have it set up for the scheduler to take the client to the first available appointment....because they...

JM

Jill M.

Setmore Electronic Scheduling

In depth experience from purchase through implementation and use.

Pros

Easy for clients to use. They do not need to create an account like most competing online scheduling software. Setmore also allows colorful icons to be created in the back end for the online booking page for each individual treatment.

Cons

There is limited functionality in some areas. For instance you can post an address on the online booking page, but if you have 2 locations or more, the back end will limit you to post one address. Can be confusing to some clients.

Hi there Jill, Thank you for your kind review! Delighted to hear that your clients find Setmore easy to use. We're currently looking into multiple locations for our customers, keep an eye on our Monthly Highlights for new features and integrations. If you need any assistance in the meantime, please feel free to contact Team Setmore at help@setmore.com or via the live chat in your app. Julia, Community Team

MB

Melissa B.

Government Relations, self-employed

Best UI all in One Service Pay Scheduler

Solved time management, productivity, processing payments in advance of appointments. Customer services are above and beyond expectations always!

Pros

My customers compliments on my automation that allows them to schedule, see fees, choose services and pay online.

Cons

Not 1 complaint! Always great and fast for support if needed.

ED

Erik D.

Music, 1-10 employees

ALMOST PERFECT

I love using Setmore. I've been using it for my other business in the Massage Industry which how I found this platform. It worked great for the wellness industry since the limited booking time frame issue wasn't a concern in that industry since appointments are never booked passed 12am (but it did lack other functions like contracts/document sharing and HIPPA protected file management for SOAP notes, etc.) – but as a booking system for a music studio it works great, minus that one issue with the 24-hour limited booking functioning.

Pros

The ease of use and great customer service.

Cons

The limitations on functionality, for example: it's impossible to book an appointment that passes 12am, therefore a 4 hour appointment from 10pm-2am has to be scheduled as 2 separate bookings (10pm-12am then 12am-2am) which is very inconvenient.

Junko O.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

A system to book appointments necessary

It is a tool that has an automated system for reservations and even online payments, it is also easy to use and is adaptable to the company

Pros

I like it because it is an ideal tool to manage and schedule appointments without conflicts, this cloud-based solution allows updates to always be current, allowing reservations to be made without problems, it is a type of system that can be implemented anywhere industry since it is much easier to manage employee or even customer schedules with greater accuracy

Cons

I have no problems and it has become an excellent tool for contact management with clients and partners, in a way organized in the cloud and accessible

Hello Junko, Thank you for your positive feedback on our appointment scheduling system. We are delighted to hear that it has evolved into an excellent tool for managing contact with your clients and partners. We are delighted that you find our cloud-based solution simple to use and adaptable to your business's requirements. Our automated reservation and online payment system is intended to improve...

LM

Lela M.

Almost met all my needs

Overall, with as much as I like it, the inability to book multiple services with one buffer time is a deal breaker for me and I'm probably going to have to go with another software.

Pros

I like that the software integrates Square for CC processing, which I have already been using for years. I like that it is easy to set up. I like that you can add a buffer to the services, that really helps with the new cleaning requirements due to Covid.

Cons

I am disappointed that I am unable to book multiple services from my end of the software. This is huge for me as I rebook my clients at the end of every appointment. If I had to rely on my clients to rebook themselves in a timely manner they would forget and my schedule would be disrupted. Not being able to do this affects my business income, which is a huge problem. Other minor concerns are, 1)...

DE

Danny E.

Setmore diary

Customer support has been excellent and they have taken on-board various suggestions for future software upgrades. Both the team and our patients find the system very beneficial.

Pros

The package is easy to use and my patients really appreciate the email and text reminders as well as the online booking system. As a team we can access it anywhere. Overall it has reduced our need to answer the phone as the patients book themselves in direct.

Cons

It does take a bit of getting used to - setting up and navigating - but once you've got the hang it's a simple system to use. I wish there were more exciting colours to choose from for the various services available.

AG

Ashwita G.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Good Product, but Indians cannot take payments

It is great for scheduling.

Pros

Very easy to use and lots of options to create workshops as well as appointments.

Cons

The email sent to the customer can only be customised for ALL emails. So whether or not they sign up for a workshop or an individual session, they receive the same instructions, which makes this hard. Also if you want to recieve payments, you have to subscribe and that is super expensive, and also if you're an Indian, receiving payments from Indians is not an option unless they use credit cards only (since you can use stripe).

JC

Jim C.

Fine Art, self-employed

Service with a smile

I will now be able to book appointments with my clients when they click a button on my website, when I text them a link to my booking page, offer that link in social media, and email it to anyone wishing to meet with me. This is awesome.

Pros

Upon trying out Setmore for the first time, I began experimenting with features and setting up my schedule. Very quickly I was met with a chat by a friendly "Hello". Every time I came upon something I had a question about, another assistant chimed in to say Hi. I ended up asking questions as I came upon them, then was already accustomed to using the chat by the time I asked a few questions on my own. Relevant articles were suggested, direct answers were given. I am discovering, with all this help how powerful and simple this app is. Also, since I am getting really fast response, I am more efficient using the app. I intend to integrate it with my website.

Cons

I sincerely cannot think of a negative aspect to Setmore.

MC

Melanie C.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to Use Appointment Management Tool, Free Version of Setmore Meets All My Needs

My experience with Setmore has been outstanding. The free options have provided me with everything that I needed and things that I didn't know I needed, but love! I use Setmore every single day. Customers from various organizations can easily make appointments through the easy to use interface. I can customize the interface and corresponding emails. I can generate daily reports and schedules...

Pros

Setmore has been the perfect fit for what I need. I needed a way for an exclusive list of customers to make appointments, but I needed to be able to control when the appointment times were available based on a variable schedule. For instance, some Mondays appointments were available from 10am - 7pm and on other Mondays appointments were only available 12pm - 7pm. The free version of Setmore allows me to: customize the appointment dates/times available, allows me to embed the appointment schedule into a WordPress site, allows me to easily view and report appointment times, allows me to maintain a customer list, and even allows me the ability to customize messages to customers. Setmore has been the perfect appointment tool for my program and organization.

Cons

I love Setmore. If I had to pick one limitation it is that when I customize emails through Setmore, I have a set character limit that is just a few characters shy of the total message that I would like to send. I make due with the character limit, but my message would be a little better if I didn't have the character limit in place.

AB

Angelica B.

Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 employees

Optimize Your Calendar Management: An In-Depth Analysis of Setmore

I had the chance to use Setmore for scheduling and meeting management while working as an intern at the university's pharmaceutical research and development division. The software turned out to be a useful tool for planning and monitoring various research-related tasks. With its simple interface, I was able to quickly schedule meetings with study participants, collaborators, and supervisors, resulting in efficient time management. The automatic reminders reduced no-shows and enhanced communication in general. All appointments were kept up to date across all devices thanks to Setmore's smooth interaction with well-known calendaring services. Overall, Setmore dramatically improved our appointment management procedures, increasing output and fostering effective departmental collaboration.

Pros

A number of benefits are available with Setmore for effective appointment management. Businesses may simply schedule and track appointments using its user-friendly interface, which lowers the possibility of multiple bookings and scheduling problems. Businesses may customize their scheduling procedure and simply link it with their website thanks to the software's adaptable booking page. In addition, Setmore offers automated reminders and notifications to decrease no-shows, and its extensive reporting and analytics capabilities provide insightful data on the efficiency of businesses. Setmore guarantees flexibility and accessibility for both clients and clients' businesses with its mobile app and connectivity with well-known calendar services.

Cons

Although Setmore has many advantages, there are also some disadvantages to take into account. One drawback is the absence of sophisticated customization possibilities, which might not be suitable for companies with intricate scheduling needs. Additionally, some users have mentioned that the software occasionally has bugs or speed problems. Despite the fact that these flaws are not serious and have little effect on Setmore's overall functionality, fixing them would improve both the software's usability and dependability.

Hi Angelica, Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Setmore! We're thrilled to hear that our software was able to streamline your appointment management procedures and improve collaboration within your department. Our goal is to provide a simple and efficient solution for scheduling and meeting management, and we're glad to see that we were able to deliver on that promise for you. We...

JP

Justin P.

Easy to use anywhere, especially great for a new start up (free option)

Pros

The best thing about Setmore is that it is very simplified, to the point, and easy to use anywhere. I have ran into clients at the grocery store, park, etc. and instead of them having to call my office to set up an appointment, I can tell them right then what is available and schedule them. We first found the free version as we were transitioning from paper and pencil scheduling to electronic, and...

Cons

There are a few things that I wish Setmore was a bit better about... Setmore is not really "secure". A medical office, for instance, would probably not be able to use this option for scheduling. The only real "issue" that we've had with using the app (on iOS) is that it does crash upon opening quite frequently. It does open on the 2nd or 3rd try every time, and we have never contacted customer service about this issue because it really hasn't interfered with our productivity.

MM

Melita M.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

LOVE Setmore..but

I have tried other's and have come back to Ashmore!!

Pros

The ease. Not too many p ages to flip through. We sto p ped using setmore and paid for more expensive ones... only because doesnt quite cover our needs. But i came back to setmore when weighing up pro & cons

Cons

I ideally need more photo space. And to be able to view photo bigger. I would also like better reporting. We have now got square so I'll see i f that makes reporting better. Also staff get to access client info, it would be good if they just saw their schedule ,& not able to change it and not see $ .

KF

Kirsten F.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Excellent Product

Pros

Everything about this product is easy and fluid. I have been using setmore for 2-3 years. I can link it to landing pages, customize the features

Cons

They have two glitches. One is that you can limit the future ability to set an appointment, I choose 2 days. The HUGE problem is that it counts the weekends even if your office is closed and no employees work on weekends. So I can send out emails of Friday to have people set Monday appointments. REALLY REALLY BAD as it messes up all on my online advertising and ability to have people schedule during...

SW

SARAH W.

SERENITY

Over the years when I have had an idea to make SETMORE work alittle more taylored to my buisness I have shared this with customer support. I love how you strive to take into consideration what a client has asked for in your develop of SETMORE program which evolves all the time.

Pros

As a business owner I have found SETMORE very easy to use when setting up my business profile and everyday use. My customers have loved being able to make an appoinmtnet 24/7. Even my clients who find technology a challenge have stated how easy and straight forward the process was to make a booking.

Cons

The only little issue for my buiness it that I would like to be able to set up a treatment with various time durations and prices E.g Swedish Massage - Drop Down ICON for TIME & PRICE - 30 min $40 , 45 min $55 , 60 min $70 , 75 min $90 & 90 min $110. Currently I have to list this massage 5 times on SETMORE. This makes my menu list very long as I offer other styles of massage and treatments at various time periods.

HD

Helen D.

Professional looking Appt Calendar

I really like it. I am looking at using the automated text message reminders as my client load builds and I can afford it. A great professional looking calendar for people just starting out in business. I simply googled and trialled several other calendars. I found Setmore the most professional looking and easy to use for myself and my clients making their own appointments online.

Pros

It's a professional looking appointment calendar to clients who book online. This is important to me as others such as Calendly don't look serious. I have corporate clients, senior professionals and business owners as clients. It's important the look and feel of the calendar looks highly professional. All my clients have found it easy to use. I also like the immediate notifications via the app I get when clients book in online.

Cons

The ipad version is very slow to reload. I find accessing Setmore through my ipad via Safari easier and faster to load and work with, than using the ipad version. I can't see the full view of my calendar using the ipad app as opposed to accessing it through Safari

cO

conor O.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Disgraceful

This company is an absolute disgrace, they provide a simple service and yet cant even run it correctly. I spoke with 12 individual customer support agents, all in an attempt to solve 1 simple issue, they consistently left the chat once they realised it wasnt a simple fix, or else told me the issue was on facebooks end and not theirs, despite this being impossible as the data showing up in my error...

Pros

Nothing there is way better options out there

Cons

This company has been an absolute nightmare to deal with, their customer support is like dealing with infants who have zero technical knowledge. Avoid at all costs, better options out there which provide far better service.

IL

Irma L.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Setmore for small business

Frustrating, lack of confidence, irritating. Do recognize eventually when they are at fault and will financial compensate. When it works it's great BUT all to regularly it doesn't work and can impact the bottom line of your business. They are not financially compensating for that, just your subscription fee

Pros

They ha ve recredited my account for the failure of the service meeting the agreement I paid for. When you insist on being escalated. You will eventually get through to an English speak who can fully understand the nuisances of the language. There by getting "what is" and being able to provide customer service.

Cons

Setmore online calendar is slow, restricting and inflexible on phones. It is most flexible through the google calendar BUT that connection of syncing between Setmore and Google calendar continuously breaks down. I had to wait 2weeks to get the fix done. It has continuously failed over the past 11months of subscription, and adversely affected my business. The first tier of customer service support do not have English as their primary language, and a substantial amount of frustrating time can be spent speaking at cross purposes. Thereby failing to resolve anything. All customer support contact is through texting

ck

claire k.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Using Setmore

I would recommend this system to anyone in my business, value for money, easy to use and makes my business run very smoothly

Pros

Very easy to use for my business, integrations for staff easy to use. Appointment reminders.

Cons

Not being able to find client by phone number, repeat booking into termed classes, has to be manually inputted each each.

YC

Yvonne C.

Highly recommended

Excellent

Pros

I use Setmore daily to ensure clients receive appointment notifications and reminders for appointments. Clients have come to rely on this service. They also like to be able to make their appointments online without waiting for me to be available to help them. I have been able to personalise the features for my business and maintenance and development are easy. On the rare occasion that I can't work out what to do, the online support is quick and efficient. I would be lost without this product. I am a one-person business with a small turnover. It's perfect for me.

Cons

As I receive this service free, some options are not available to me. But I am not complaining.