TapMango Reviews

TapMango

Customer Loyalty & Marketing Platform

4.73/5 (124 reviews)

Pros
  • We use TapMango as our loyalty program because out current CRM does not have one with a lot of features. Our clients found it pretty easy to use, which is great.Vanessa D.Read the full review
  • TapMango has helped us maintain our loyalty program with different types of promotions. We really enjoy the easy to use interface and great customer service.Vanessa D.Read the full review
  • The new development Tapmango has implemented over the last 6-8 months has been amazing. M super happy with all the features like review boost and ordering via app.John M.Read the full review
Cons
  • The problem began when our account started to do the onboarding process. First, the process of communication was horrible.Debbie B.Read the full review
  • Frustrating is beyond belief here. In fact, several emails were sent prior to me hitting the "do not return to this program ever" button signed frustrated.Debbie B.Read the full review
  • Does not function well with other retail POS software. No support and I have been trying for 6 month to stop them from billing my card.Ram U.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Natalia Castro

Highly Recommended

Reviewed 2019-01-28

They have been amazing to work with from their initial sales approach to their constant customer service through this process. I am looking forward to working with them as my business grows and ages and hope that once we are fully set up (I have been using the program for 3 months), I won't have to rely so heavily on their support team and my customer loyalty initiative can mostly run itself so that I can focus on other parts of my business.

Pros
I have a retail boutique where I use Lightspeed as my Point of Sale system. After reviewing customer loyalty programs that integrate well with Lightspeed, I was very pleased to come across Tap Mango. Aside from their easy integration, I really appreciated their re-targeting capabilities, customer recognition and rewards, and their check-in system. I wanted a program that was very inclusive and gave me the ability to enhance my customer loyalty through a one-stop platform. Since using the program, I have been able to develop e-blasts to promote new arrivals and sales, strengthen my customer communication and engagement, and track customers who visit/purchase. Upon recently, I am delving into understanding the analytics that the platform provides. Overall, my strongest pro of utilizing this software is the customer support that I have received from my account manager . He has been a great support is helping me understand the capabilities and process of the software, and has truly worked to set up my requests in a way that the system can automate my re-targeting initiatives as easily as possible. He seems to really care about how the program enhances my business' growth and has been readily available at all times.

Cons
The most significant con that I have of the software is the usability. As I mentioned before, my account manager has played an integral role in my ability to use and understand the software, however, if it wasn't for his direction and dedication I wouldn't really know how to use the program the way that it would be most beneficial for my business. I have needed to rely heavily on to get me set up. For example, it was tough for me to create an email template that was branded in the way that I needed it to be for my business. Their design team created the template for me that I am now very happy with, however, it would have been impossible for me to know how to do it on my own. A second con is their reporting and analytic system. I know that they are working to improve it, and I am currently working with acc manager to develop a work around to better understand my customer analytics. While it is definitely possible to pull comprehensive reports, but the program itself could use a better design to understand your analytics.

Response from TapMango

Thanks for the glowing review, Natalia! We appreciate all the feedback as it helps us identify areas where we need to improve. Since you mentioned you were having trouble with the usability of our email builder, I'm pleased to inform you that we are currently working on an enhanced email designer that is much more user-friendly. This improved tool will be launched very soon and your account manager will let you know as soon as it's ready. Thanks again for your feedback and for your business with us!

Dave Smith

Outstanding Product for Restaurants, Built to Scale

Reviewed 2020-03-19

Overall, Tapmango has been a great asset for my business. We launched our restaurant in February 2020, and due to the ease of signing up new customers, within our first month we had over 500 people in our program with over 50 app downloads. These are awesome numbers for a new business, no matter what industry you're in. Also, the support has been amazing, whether it's one-on-one calls or emails with my Customer Success Manager or live chat with Customer Support, I can rest assure that my issue will be resolved asap. I would recommend Tapmango to any restaurant owner looking to improve their bottom line, increase loyalty, build an ecosystem, and boost their technology arsenal.

Pros
For my business, these are the features that have been most impactful: 1. White-label App: Tapmango gave us the ability to have a mobile app for both iOS and android branded to our business from day one. Plus with mobile-ordering functionality for customers to order ahead, as a new business this is the most rewarding feature, as having our own app built with these same items would have cost thousands. 2. Ease of sign-up: With the in-store tablet, its super easy to introduce the program to customers and have them sign-up on the spot. All they need to do is input their phone number, check two boxes (terms of service, agree to receive SMS communications) and that's it. They can start building points from their first purchase. Plus, customers can also join the program via text, online forms or smartphone. 3. Marketing capabilities: With our business just being a little over a month old at the writing of this review, we have yet to realize the full potential of Tapmango. However, based on the features we've used to date and the ones [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (Customer Success Manager) has shown me in training, the sky's the limit when it comes to what is available. SMS messaging, push notifications, emails, vouchers, discounts, instant win (similar to a raffle), mobile ordering with live order updates, friend referral, birthday offers, customer segmentation based on items bought/number of visits/spend/mode of sign-up/etc., program tiers (for e.g. gold, silver, bronze) and so much more.

Cons
I believe the UI and overall look of the admin dashboard can be improved. It looks a bit dated on the backend and can be difficult to understand for first timers. However, with my Customer Success Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I've been able to learn about the different tools and features at my disposal and if I'm not sure about something, he's always helpful.

Sandra Sauder

Not designed for clothing Boutiques

Reviewed 2019-08-01

All in all this platform has GREAT potential. But the flow and ease of use REALLY needs work. I honestly dont think this is a platform for clothing Boutiques. Unfortunately we signed a year agreement with them because i felt I did enough research on it and it seemed amazing. But the execution of the platform in a whole is just not great.

Pros
* Customer service is top notch! * All the possibilities for the software has great potential. * There is no other customer rewards program like this out there.

Cons
It is NOT easy to use. We have an online store as well as a physical location. *Customers are confused as where to go to complete their profiles as no matter if they sign up using text, we only get their phone number. If they sign up using their email from our website, we dont get their phone number. No matter what, their profile is NEVER complete. Unless they sign up in store. If they are online shoppers, they do not know that they HAVE to go somewhere to complete their profile. *Customers are having a hard time connecting to our store on the tapmango app to view their rewards. *The Facebook sharing option is a total joke. A customer shares a pic of themselves wearing an item from our store and the link that is shared goes to tapmango instead of our store! Then the potential customer has absolutely NO idea what to do from there. How is that beneficial?? * Tapmango implemented an online ordering process for the app. BUT it's useless to us as we sell womens clothing and you can not provide pictures to your customers.

Response from TapMango

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your feedback. We're always striving to improve and take feedback very seriously.

We're glad we were able to come to a resolution over the phone. For reference, the generic mobile app is meant to be used within a business first before it can be used remotely. Given your customers shop online a lot, we can set you up with a branded app to resolve this issue. The purpose of the Facebook post is for customers to be able to sign up to your rewards program directly from the post, which is why it is hosted by TapMango. Lastly, the online ordering was developed for our quick serve restaurant clients and we apologize for any confusion.

Our support team is always available to help and we regret that this feedback was not addressed sooner through our frequent follow ups. We are confident that our conversation following your review provided adequate solutions. Should you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us!

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Randy Harmon

Functionality & Customer Service

Reviewed 2020-03-30

Our experience with Tap Mango has been exceptional. Customer service and response time is outstanding. Combining the excellent customer service with top notch functionality, it's hard not to give a solid 10 out 10 stars.

Pros
My wife and own and operate a Gourmet Popcorn and Candy store. Given the nature of our business and the fact that most software packages are not designed for our business type, we frequently have to create work-arounds to work effectively. The TapMango platform is designed such that it is highly functional yet flexible enough for a majority of businesses requiring few if any work-arounds.

Cons
I've not experienced any cons with the software at this point.

Erin Davis

May have been a great product, but we couldn't even get through set up

Reviewed 2016-11-23

We already had a loyalty program in our boutique. It was adequate. Not amazing, not bad. So when Tap Mango called and said they could give me more features for less money, I was intrigued. I went through the presentation and we decided (it's a family business) to make the switch, even though our previous service provider actually beat their price when we called to cancel. This was all in the lead up to Black Friday and Small Business Saturday, the beginning of our biggest shopping season. I explained to the sales rep that business has been very slow this year for almost all of the small businesses in our area because of economic issues in our state and the uncertainty of the election, so I need this season to be a big success. I was assured that we would be up and running by Small Business Saturday, no worries. We would have a perfectly smooth transition. Unfortunately, the attempt to transition was anything but smooth. From proofs that weren't sent to me in time to get them printed by the deadline (I actually had to email and request the proofs) to a tablet that dies while connected to the charger and a variety of other issues in between, nothing was going well. I know we all have bad days, bad weeks even, but when everything you are doing is wrong, I expect customer service that is excellent to smooth it over with me. Win me over. Instead I felt like I was chasing them to get answers, and being told, that I just needed to understand that it can be rough and cut them some slack. It would get better. Here's an excerpt from an email from the supervisor: We have thousands of businesses that use our platform, from small single location shops like yours to National franchises in various industries. Although we deeply care about each and every one of our clients and we actually generate more revenue from franchised businesses, family businesses like yours mean much more to us on a personal level. We realize that it might be your life savings, it is years of hard work, it is a career. We get it and in fact a lot of what we do and how we designed the product is with this in mind. I hope this email is a slight sign of this as well. Are you kidding me? Now I have to figure out new promotions for Small Business Saturday because I had centered 75% of them on featuring our updated customer loyalty program, and yet, no one there really seems to care. So today, I cancelled and I hope you stay away or proceed at your own risk.

Pros
I never even really got a chance to use it because of the poor customer service. I was looking forward to using the geofencing feature though.

Cons
The user interface could be a bit more user friendly.

Response from TapMango

Dear Erin, thanks for your honest review. First of all, we're glad you actually decided to proceed with TapMango.

Secondly, we are very sorry to hear about your experience. We acknowledge that there were a few hiccups in your onboarding process, and rest assured that your experience has been highly unusual.

Regardless, we have reviewed our onboarding processes and made appropriate changes to ensure this doesn't happen again.

We strongly believe our Customer Success Team is second to none, and I'm sure you'll appreciate our level of service and the platform itself once you are completely onboarded.

Again, we appreciate your feedback.

Best of luck.

Your TapMango Team.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Keith Dunphy

The future of customer engagement!

Reviewed 2020-03-24

Always fantastic!

Pros
Feature rich and very customizable with many logic controlled actions.

Cons
The learning curve was steep, but if you want features it was worth it.

Lisa Johnson

Great Rewards Program!

Reviewed 2020-03-11

Personally, I have enjoyed learning the software and developing a deeper understanding of how the integration works. For our business, we have seen a marked improvement in revenue since starting the program. The customers love it too! I have especially enjoyed working with the tech support department, most prominently [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I'm super-excited that I will get to work with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as an account rep.

Pros
The ability to customize it to our needs. We are always trying new approaches to our rewards to find out what works. It also allows me to go back and analyze a campaign to see how viable it was.

Cons
I would like more control over what the customer sees on the app and the tablet

Doug Sleeth

Tap Into TAP Mango

Reviewed 2020-01-30

the team has been outstanding helping me get started and following up with me!

Pros
Many features! Outstanding support!! Included App so customers can order through it.

Cons
A bit overwhelming at first with all the features

Benjamin Louis

Over all great product, but the customer service team is the real value behind this product.

Reviewed 2020-03-26

Overall I have noticed an increase in my business mostly with return customers. The support staff is always prompt and on top of things.

Pros
I really like the customization of the software and the ease of use.

Cons
sometimes the tablet is glitchy and doesn't connect to the internet

Liz Huntley

Owner - CEO

Reviewed 2020-03-27

Excellent - 10/10 for sure

Pros
It's so user friendly!!! And our customers love it!!

Cons
All is good.....no complaints........it's the best program I really do believe!

Erica Thomas

Our old pad was having issues and we recently received a new pad.

Reviewed 2017-11-15

Customer service is top-notch. We love the online chat service (Chris has been especially helpful to us via online chat), and we are frequently contacted by phone to make sure everything is working well.

Pros
The pairing between the tablet and the computer; the customer UI on the tablet; the tablet base that switches between customer and administrative UI depending on which way the tablet is flipped; customer privacy is maintained well - we switched from using fivestars for our loyalty program because fivestars shared customer emails without our knowledge or consent;

Cons
Customers are frequently put off by the amount of information that is required to enter the rewards program; the fact that the customer UI tells a customer that their phone number is "incorrect" if they choose not to enter a cell phone number. It would be preferable if the system prompted the customer to change their number once, and then on future log-ins just went straight to the normal customer page. Many customers are frustrated or confused by being prompted to change their number every time they log-in. The birthday requirement also puts customers off - it would be helpful if the sign-up page mentioned the birthday discount. When entering points as the administrator, if the wrong number of points is entered each digit must be deleted using the "delete" button, even on the computer. It would be better if on the PC the numbers could be highlighted and then deleted witht he "delete" key.

Glen Molchan

Fantastic Product

Reviewed 2019-02-12

This system is completely changing how we do business. It gives you so many options and features that we have had a huge uplift in monthly returns so far, and the system pays for itself

Pros
I have been a marketing manager for over 20 years now and have my own marketing consulting business. I have used more marketing tools than I can remember and have had much success with many of them. We have just started with TapMango and I can't express, how impressed with this company and product. Starting with their sales team was a complete pro. I get sales pitches all the time to start new software and services. the team approached the process as I would have wanted it. They did call me and try to sell me randomly, but spent time before our call and learned about my business, and directly showed me the benefits of how TapMango can solve my current concerns and even did research on other similar business and how they use the System. I didn't feel like it was a hard sell, but rather a consultant who wanted to help our business. The onboarding process was extremely smooth. support team has been a fantastic support in understanding my business and helping strategize how we can best use the service, set up systems that will solve my current challenges and team even did the leg work on setting it up for us, provided me full education on the system, and even continues to follow up and make comments as they can see what I am doing with it. This company has been fantastic for us! In a short time, we have used it, it has instantly changed our business, in that we are completely changing our 2019 projections and goals.

Cons
Nothing at all. It is so easy to use, and the support we get is wonderful.

John Meyer

Amazing! Helps me promote growth within my business!

Reviewed 2019-09-19

Customer service has always been sapaticular. Ive been really happy with the tech help.

Pros
The new development Tapmango has implemented over the last 6-8 months has been amazing. I'm super happy with all the features like review boost and ordering via app.

Cons
I signed up with Tapmango being told they were working on integration with Lightspeed Ecom. I'm pretty bummed and disappointed that they have decided 2 years later not to do so after ive already worked so hard building out my loyalty program.

Jimmy Woodley

Tapmango is excellent!

Reviewed 2017-11-13

We're able to effectively communicate to our customers when we are running sales. The auto campaign keeps customers engaged and reminded about our store without being intrusive. This program allows our customers an exciting and interesting way to earn discounts.

Pros
We have tried several of the popular rewards programs for our business, but none of them compare to TapMango. Our customers absolutely love the program, and the program is very easy to use. When we send out a custom campaign for a sale, our sales numbers spike significantly. This program easily pays for it's monthly fee inside of the first few days of each month. I highly recommend TapMango.

Cons
TapMango is still a smaller company, which means that the service is always very quick and tailored to your specific account. This also means that they don't yet have official featured integrations with some of the big name POS software companies. I know they are working hard on this though, and it will get there.

Andrew Raftery

Excellent customer support and once figured out, easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-11-10

Pros
The quickness data is transferred is extremely useful. My last system would do an update every 24 hours, which made it difficult to quickly reference or correct errors. The staffs ability to assist with questions and concerns is excellent. There is never more than a few minute wait in line and a quick solution to any problems that arise.

Cons
There should be more videos on the YouTube channel to educate and assist with the full capacity this software offers. I spend most of my time learning from YouTube tutorials and wish there was more TapMango videos to learn from. Compared to what I have spent with previous rewards systems, I feel Tapmango is a bit overpriced. To resupply key tags seems to be outrageously priced, so we have decided not to use them anymore.

Response from TapMango

Andrew, thank you for your feedback.

You mentioned that you found our system overpriced. In these cases, we believe we failed to convey the full benefit of our platform. From ability to effectively retain your customers, ability to bring you new customers through automated friend referral and online reviews, to ability to upsell to you customers through flash deals, we truly believe our system is more than fairly priced, as it can have a profound impact on any business that uses it.

As far as the cost of resupplying the tags, TapMango does it at cost. Our tags are manufactured in the US to ensure high quality and quick turn around time. But even then, we believe we were able to negotiate the lowest cost on the market.

As far as YouTube videos go, we have revamped our support site, including video tutorials. Please visit Help & Support link from your portal.

Again, please let us know if we can be of any further help.

Thanks,
Your TapMango team.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Christina Smith

So many ways to reward Customers!

Reviewed 2017-04-27

There are so many different things that you can do on a regular basis to keep customers coming back!

Pros
I love how it is tailored to my company. If i want to make a change, add a feature, or if I am just having trouble figuring something out, there is someone there to help me all the time! I have never had an unanswered question! There are so many different ways to reward your customers, from automatic texts when they haven't been in for a certain amount of time, to sending out specific promos and vouchers to get them back in sooner. The birthday gift is a huge hit as well! We just give out something small. But Customers love it!

Cons
The only con that I would have is the trouble I had in the beginning with the tablet not staying charged. But a new cable that I got sent for free and staying diligent to make sure my staff turned off the tablet at the end of each day made a 100% improvement.

Sebastian Ramirez

Punch cards have better ROI and engagement in small businesses

Reviewed 2019-10-13

It was a great sales experience. Sales team know their app up and down. Great customer service at the first phases. Then I was pretty much left on my own. Everytime I reached out for help on getting campaigns, the ball was put in my court. I know Fivestars reps help with campaigns. I wished I had gone with them.

Pros
1-Biggest reason why I went with Tapmango was users were able to self-checkin 2. it has a basic integration with square calculating rewards for my staff

Cons
1. Customer facing tablet is not intuitive to customers. I reached out to complain to support and the response was blaming my customers. (101 - UX never blames the customer, but in this case the customer was blamed) 2. Gift card redeemption is full of bugs. I've had customers walk in the day after I sold them a gift card and the balance was showing $0 dollars. I reloaded the gift card with the balance of the previous day and it then showed double the balance. Aweful experience for me as a business owner and operator when i have to try to explain myself to my customers. 3. Not much support from SMS campaigns. I was told on day one that tapmango was an expert in the coffee shop industry and they would help me get the money out of the program. I have not gotten much help other than trying to push me to get customers to come for the free products. QUICK TIP: ANYONE CAN INCREASE LOYALTY USAGE IF YOU GIVE PRODUCT FOR FREE 4. Customers don't have to opt in through a text message. As a result, I have found that most customers give fake numbers. I've gotten a couple of complaints from people who are not even in my state, plus I've seen a bunch of bounce number (there is a reason, fake numbers) 5. Too many bugs to know what is going on. I had a customer register and once his profile was open, the customer had over $50 dollars in rewards. That was one that I noticed, I am not sure how many times that has happened and I haven't just notice. Support said everything looked good

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Jose Rafael Zabala Perez

A very interesting software that allows you to organize your client portfolio

Reviewed 2018-07-11

Tapmango is a software that revolutionized our interaction with customers and investors. Loyalty is a commendable value that must be maintained with much effort, permanently seducing users and customers, and Tapmango has made it a reality, keeping the customer captive of our new products.

Pros
Tapmango, has revolutionized the management of clients in my workplace and reasons have ample: - Creation of customer loyalty program through promotions, new products, new shipments and nationwide distribution form. - Develops a detailed program based on the customer experience with our GLI products and new investors. - It is quite customizable, creating a more efficient categorization of our clients.

Cons
I thought that at the time of making the initial configuration of the software, it was a bit tedious and we took too long, however, that we have been solving progressively while we familiarize ourselves with the software

Michael J. Schiff

Great Service, wonderful customer service at a valued price!!

Reviewed 2018-11-09

This system is a breeze. Great customer service, fully customizable for your business needs. If you have any ideas the customer service team will help you make them a reality. Tapmango is a must to stay competitive in the every growing business world. Don’t waste anymore time you won’t regret it

Pros
Fully customizable around your business needs. This is a great CRM software designed to get your customers back through the door. Take away the guess work and know your return. Customer service is super friendly and always available.

Cons
Nothing bad to say. Everything works as intended...

Renee Lloyd

Great Decision

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Loyalty program is what I was looking for along with being able to connect with my customers....I have experience the power of text messenging and how powerful that tool is to bring your customers back....Hoping to experience the fencing as well

Pros
Very easy to use, quick response time for support. This software runs the back end of advertieing when I am busy.....It brings loyal customers back and automatically lets are customers know when we have not seen them in a while. My customers absolutely love this software....I have had many compliments on this software.

Cons
The software claims to do everything I was looking for, but I have been waiting a while now for them to fix some of the apps that I was told I would have right away. Hopeful they can fulfill certain functions that sold me on the software to begin with.

Jeff Lichterman

Great Loyalty Rewards Program

Reviewed 2017-04-20

While the manager of the Memphis Franchise, having used Five Star, we were looking for a different more cost-effective solution and found Tap Mango. The solution is very easy to use, the cost for us is extremely affordable and the Customer Service and support from the Account manager on down is second to none. I have recommended Tap mango to many of my fellow franchisees, and implemented it immediately upon purchasing the Nashville franchise! I cannot say enough for all they do for us!

Pros
Ease of use, and low cost

Cons
I cannot think of anything

Melissa Mueller

I love this company!

Reviewed 2017-02-21

As a small business owner, I have high expectations of my software providers and the crew at Tapmango has exceeded every one of my expectations!! My account rep is top notch, He is on top of any question that I may ask and works closely with their developers to make sure everything is perfect. The development team goes above and beyond for me. I had a relatively complex integration with my existing software and a client list over 10,000 that needed to be accommodated in my transition to Tapmango. They never told me they couldn't do something!! I was amazed that they always managed to find a way. I am so happy that I decided to make the switch to Tapmango. Best of all my guests like all the added features and the ability to check-in for their services using the tablet.

Pros
Ease of use, the interface is so user-friendly that all of my staff have picked it up right away

Jerry Harrell

The Best Add-On Service We've Used

Reviewed 2017-02-17

We had been using another client loyalty app for our business when we learned of Tap Mango. Once we compared the two, Tap Mango offered many more features that we wanted at a better price. We haven't looked back since the day we rolled out the service to our clients. Now we use it for Rewards, Communication, and Pre-Paid Services (via the Vouchers). As new features are added so are our ways to use the program.

Pros
Ease of use for clients

Cons
Sometimes organizing Campaigns can get confusing.

alejandro Rangel

We took a shot!

Reviewed 2018-08-02

When choosing something important as a loyalty app. We'd scoured the internet and tech conferences. From day one of using TapMango we knew the possibilities. In the rare chance customer service was needed. There was an agent a couch or call away.

Pros
For me and my wife it came down to ease of use. We'd researched some of the others, even had the chance to test run others in Dallas. But we kept going back to Tap.

Cons
I'm not saying that I'm right. Or this is a justified con but I wish the interface was a bit cleaner. Form and function is great. But I'd like to see a more stylized approach.

Umer Awan

Great experience, customer service is awesome.

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Repeat customers.

Pros
Tap Mango is great, we use it daily and customers like having a loyalty program. It does help bring customers back in which is great.

Cons
Need it to sync with Shopify. Our online customers will stick with us with this option. I have been shopping around at the moment due to the price of this and lack of shopify integration.

Response from TapMango

Hi Umer. Thanks for you review.

Our team is working on a Shopify integration, which should be available within a few weeks. We'll reach out to you once that becomes available!

Thanks again,