Whova

Cloud-based event management and marketing platform

Whova Reviews

Pros

I would readily recommend this app for any group event for the ease of use and the ability to create better interaction with attendees and organizers.

Margaret C.

This has been a useful tool for networking virtually. As an exhibitor we've had good attendance to our virtual booths and good lead generation.

Rosemary R.

Whova is simple to use and comes with an incredible amount of detailed customizations and abilities to fit any event needs. Love the ease of communicating with other people taking part of the app.

Michael B.

Cons

The only thing I can say disappointing about this software is that I was not exposed to it first.

Lynden M.

I'll be really disappointed if the next conference I attend - virtual or in real time - does not use it.

Rosemary W.

There have been other virtual neuroscience meetings that have not worked well and as the president of our Flux society, I was nervous.

Beatriz L.

Whova for a Virtual Event Win!

With six weeks to go for a virtual 4-day conference, Whova met all the requirements we were looking for in a virtual conference experience for both the organization and the attendees. The price point was ideal for a small organization, and their a la cart pricing helps keep within any budget. It was a very successful event for the organization and discussion is to have some virtual option moving forward, even if we still hold an in-person event.

Pros

A Small non-profit I work with moved their in-person event to virtual event for 2020. With 6 weeks until the event start in September, a decision was made to move it to a more robust option allowing for sponsor interaction. Whova came through for us in many ways - financially, user-friendly for both back end and attendee end, integration with already existing registration platform - RegFox, Zoom interface, meeting rooms, session surveys and robust reporting. Any issues we had and sent support emails were addressed in a timely manner. They offer several help documents and videos to walk you through various set-up and troubleshooting.

Cons

Be aware that Whova has their own drip-campaign of emails they send to those attending your event. We were not aware of these prior to them sending, and it cause a bit of confusion and frustration on our end. We are not able to see in advance nor edit those emails, which also contained information not pertinent to our virtual event. We did address this with our sales person in our post-event meeting, and this is an issue they are aware of and addressing.

A must have tool for event organisers

The app is optimized for business events (were no abstract handling is required), however, we used it successfully to manage our attendees in a small scientific conference. We loved checking in our attendees ultra-fast, posting last-minute changes and useful information in the app and share event photos. It helped a lot in creating the name badges (maybe could consider a certificate feature according to the registration category as well?). As organizers, we would prefer a bit more flexibility and one cost for all the features, however, all of our participants loved the application and we received very positive feedback from them

Pros

The QR code attendee check-in is probably the highlight of Whova's features. It checks in the attendees a matter of seconds, skipping the long lines in the registration counters. The updated version of Whova includes features that can be used directly to the event's website (e.g. Agenda webpage). Great customer service experience with online training on how to use the app.

Cons

Several features require in-app purchases and purchases per-use (e.g the paid tickets or the sponsors' features). This may be a struggle for small events (less than 500 participants) who need to have an idea of the overall cost in advance. As a customer, I would greatly appreciate the flexibility to rename and create new or delete categories in all the fields of the event content, as well as flexibility...

efficient, silent, and extremely powerful tool

Whova has had a lot of impact on the structure of our events. We always had to engage professional event organizers to help us manage our stakeholder engagement events, that often included simultaneous parallel sessions and large groups. With Whova as our able assistant now, we are able to efficiently manage these events with just our in-house staff. And the live polling feature has certainly made our events much more enjoyable and interactive for our participants.

Pros

The innovation of the virtual network tables has been groundbreaking for me, both as an event organizer and also as an event participant. I love that we are able to select from a wide range of practical options for which format these groupings and sessions should take. Whether one on one, small groups, or larger ones; these are the parts of events I enjoy the most, and whova has successfully kept that feeling with the networking tables.

Cons

Integration with other native conferencing software does not work smoothly every time. Our videos kept freezing, and having time delays that affected the flow of the event.

Nice features but unreliable. Do not use for critical applications.

Pretty horrible if you have to explain an audience of 1000+ people that the app was down for >1.5 hours mid-conference.

Pros

Nice features, admin interface relatively user-friendly, user-interface very user-friendly.

Cons

I used it for a large virtual conference (1000+ attendees, up to 10+ parallel sessions), and it was down for >1.5 hours. Extremely embarrassing and impossible to recover from it. Medium impact weakness is that the interface is not very responsive (i.e. slow). Minor impact (but nonetheless frustrating) weakness is that the admin interface is buggy (or has 'quirks' like they call it themselves). From lots of things we could notice this is not a company built on solid software engineering (e.g. they use "FirstName LastName" as the 'key' to identify attendees, and some of the admin features behave in a very illogical and unexpected manner).

A must for the new age of tele-conferences and webinars as the norm

I can attend a conference virtually or in person and have an electronic attendance record and the certificates to reflect the amount of continuing education credits earned to submit to my accreditation board.

Pros

Great customer service. When I needed access to the recordings of a training I hadn't been able to attend in person, customer service was very helpful and responsive to my request. I was able to use the app during a conference to collect attendance information and produce documentation for accreditation purposes.

Cons

I didn't have any problems while using this app. There are no cons that I can report. It worked as desired for me.

Whova

My overall experience was very positive. In a new age of virtual fairs/workshops/meetings, I definitely recommend Whova. I downloaded the app on my phone and on my laptop. I definitely recommend it, and I can not wait to use it again.

Pros

I was amazed by all the features in this app. and the ease of use for each of them I used it for a recent Nursing fair. Loved the way we can post topics - some posted fun/social topics and some posted professional topics for admissions and programs and nursing information. I was also able to post pics, video and handouts, and email attendees directly. We did not use the live video feature. We received tech help with simple solutions in a very quick manner.

Cons

I do not have any Cons to list for this software at this time. The only negative I can list would be that we did not have any interaction with the attendees, but this was not the fault of the app or the event organizers. We are all experiencing virtual burnout.

What A Great Product!!

I was able to facilitate a breakout session and workshop via this platform. It was easy to use and it provided great support to ensure I had what I needed to be successful.

Pros

The ease of us was matchless. The fact that a whole conference can be self-contained was priceless in this time of uncertainty with the coronavirus pandemic. I loved being able to see the complete conference schedule, and then being allowed to create my own schedule was awesome. Even better was that the particular sessions I chose were easily integrated into my personal and professional calendars via Microsoft Outlook!

Cons

I think the only think I struggled with was being able to readily see who was registered for my workshop, but then I found that so I was good.

Great event app for users!!!

I have attended several virtual conferences since the pandemic started but my recent experience with Whova was leaps and bounds above all of the other conferences that I have attended. It was easy to use and I felt very engaged with my fellow attendees. As an exhibitor, I got to really engage with attendees, which was really nice.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes I found that notifications that I looked at on the website version still showed up in the app on my phone/iPad as unread and were not always easy to find but that was a minor issue for us.

What a great app to manage Conferences!

This application really changed the game. No longer need thousands of paper documents for your event.

Pros

Incredible application to manage all things related to conferences. Communicate with attendees, post schedules, track attendance, and much more.

Cons

Nothing at all. This is an incredible app.

Attended a Whova conference

Great to attend a conference online that has the agenda, the video and the ability to communicate all on one screen.

Pros

It was easy to load, get on, and navigate.

Cons

Some technical issues for people with sound - sometimes I just had to reload it to get it to work but it's a minor glitch.

Great Event, Webinar and Video Chat Meeting Platform

Overall, enjoyed using and being able to participate in a conference that would otherwise be physical and being able to interact with other attendees. I believe there's more potential for increased interaction and exchange of info with others vs. a physical conference. I like being able to go back and reference past posts and be able to continue engaging with attendees after the event, but I wish there were no expiration for the event info and chat posts.

Pros

I used this platform for our database vendor's annual conference which had to be entirely virtual this year due to Covid-19. They offered webinars, individual drop in meeting hours with various reps, special interest topics/chat rooms, a document download section and even photo contests. There was so much available, I'm sure I didn't explore every feature. Pros: -Easy to register and log into via...

Cons

Because I am on an older Chromebook, I was unable to do some of the following: Cons: -Limited functionality on older devices kept me from viewing a Comment I added to my posted Photo in the Contest chat area (did not take the Comment), which I added via older mobile Phone - I was unable to view Comment on either my Phone or my older Chromebook (could have been user error) -Comment to my Photo by others...

Excellent option to keep your conference attendees engaged

This app was an incredibly useful tool for both an in-person and a virtual conference. I think any company organizing an event would be remiss not to consider it.

Pros

I have not purchased this software to use with my business, but have used it for two large conferences I attended and it seemed to make the events run seamlessly. The ease of which attendees can peruse the available sessions and then add events to their own agendas is wonderful. You can click between the full schedule and your own agenda easily. Also, the web version and the mobile version are...

Cons

The mobile app does not allow you to view nested zoom presentations for any given session. I believe many people would utilize that feature instead of having to sit on their computers. That being said, these were learning sessions so perhaps that was a choice of the organizing body since they wanted attendees to have a separate window open to work through the training modules in their software.

Advantages of Using Whova at a Conference

At the Cority conference in Nashville, I was able to set my schedule for sessions that related to me and take notes at those conferences from the app. It allowed me to set up networking with others in my field. The opportunity that Whova extends for engagement between attendees is phenomenal. All attendees were able to communicate like issues with current software usage, likes, dislikes, schedule meetups,...

Pros

Whova is great for the ease of setting schedules, networking opportunities, functionality, flexibility, user friendly interface, ability to create meetups, ability to share memories through photo sharing, and the engagement opportunities with other attendees at the conference. I also like that you can still communicate with other attendees (networking opportunities) even after the conference is over.

Cons

I have used the Whova app at several Cority conferences, and I have yet to find any negative issues.

Attending Seminars in 21st Century

The cost of attending conferences can be staggering. Not only for registration but travel and staying at the conference. Using Whova to organize the conference allows the attendees much more freedom and ease in attending and tracking where you need to be.

Pros

Whova is a wonderful addition for any conference. I first used Whova in 2018 while attending RTUC in Las Vegas. As you can imagine, this is an enormous place with lots of things to do for a first time visitor. Whova let me organize my agenda, set up meetings and after hours get togethers, all in one place. I loved being able to look in one place to find what was coming up. This year our conference...

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. I think Whova has a very appealing look and very user friendly

Whoa! Whova

I have begun to connect with like minded people and work on a Virtual Reality project to build an application for many programs.

Pros

I attended the Kaltura 2020 Connect conference in New Orleans, LA. and Whova is the first interactive application I have been introduce to at a conference. The Kaltura team kept all of the attendees engaged in every event that was going on prior to the conference and throughout the 3 days using Whova. I realized how powerful Whova was when I found myself lock in to the application day after day....

Cons

If you have Whova Conference is very easy and effective!

Pros

This app helped me a lot in the meeting. The best meeting app I've seen so far. I liked being able to easily create calendars, connect with people, scan business cards. It was VERY helpful to have photos of people also in the participants section. I managed to connect with many people with this simple plugin. Actually, I still use it to connect with people! Whova has significantly changed my experience at the conference and I will always strongly recommend this to anyone attending a conference.

Cons

I only think good things about this software, I haven't had a bad experience.

Exceptional Value!

The WHOVA app provided a wonderful user experience for our delegates. It made it easy for our delegates to connect with other attendees and speakers, share contact information, and be informed about all the event logistics and details. As the organizer of the event, the app had the perfect combination of "ready-made" options with the ability to customize and personalize. I found it extremely intuitive to use. When I did have a question, the online customer service was amazing. Overall the WHOVA app was a great value and contributed to the success of our event.

Pros

Easy to use-ready made templates made it easy to customize and upload information. Exceptional Customer Service-online chat was prompt and very helpful

Cons

We are happy to know that you like our Whova app. Thanks for the feedback, and we will keep you updated with new features coming soon!

Successful Informative Conference provided by WHOVA Software Application

Elated by the Whova application that provided technical accomplishments with simplicity to learn how to use the application as a user. This software enabled me to attend a multiple day conference with numerous speakers during the day. What a lesson I learned by using Whova software application that allowed me to attend an informational conference that didn't have to be cancelled due to Covid-19. Bravo to conference owners and Whova's application.

Pros

Amazing application that provided reliability and resources. As a user, I logged onto application several times a day to attend speaker resentations. The simplicity and the developmental complexity secured the underlying operation of the conference with confidence that worked every time.

Cons

Though the Whova provided a log-in for the users guide, I neglected to read relying on operational time to use the software. However, without technical expertise, I maneuvered around the applications to attend the speaker's hourly presentation. A snapshot or bullet print-out lesson would have been helpful. I relied on the conference leader to keep me informed attendees with tips to solve any problems during the conference without disruption. That meant you provided the conference owners with excellent support which provided a great, successful conference.

As a conference attendee and sponsor - Whova checks the boxes

Bottom line: It helped me connect with other attendees and keep my schedule like no other platform has.

Pros

For the last conference we sponsored (Goalmakers 2020 National Forum), the ease of creating a booth space and offering a raffle and give away was unmatched to other platforms I have experienced. It tracks traffic and makes the virtual booth actually work for attendance. As an attendee, my profile had sufficient depth and made contact with other attendees easy. My schedule was easy to see and follow throughout. This is at least the third time I have used Whova with success.

Cons

I would love to see a hallway chat function. My brother attended a virtual conference that allowed attendees to drop into the "hallway" during the breaks. That would mirror the networking that would happen between sessions in an in-person conference.

Whova App is Best for Professional Development

Several of our professional development circles have previously provided printed schedules, agendas, and course descriptions, which make for a lot of material to take home after a conference. With the Whova app, all of that information is now stored online which is so much easier for a traveler.

Pros

The Whova mobile app made it easy for me to select PD sessions, take notes, and organize my thoughts while the desktop app afforded me the opportunity to immediately download materials and snip and save images. I do appreciate that Whova emailed me a copy of all of the notes I'd taken in each of my PD sessions. I also like that the information stays on my account even after the session is over. I can still see last year's pics and notes from another PD session!

Cons

Not sure how things download from my mobile device, but the desktop app is great for saving information.

Tulsa Post SAME Industry Day 2021.

it works, you don't get to say that about every app

Pros

the intuitive nature of the application design

Cons

no complaints, this app works as I expected

HORRIBLE experience for an event creator

Hated it.

Pros

Lots of features are available. But the cons far outweigh the features.

Cons

Sponsor logo size is way too small to be viewed as a benefit to anyone considering a paid sponsorship. Registrants who want to pay by PO/check have to be entered into the platform manually as “order.” BUT, when done that way they show up as FREE tickets, completely destroying the integrity of the reporting system. Also, when I manually entered a team of 16 people from one organization, I had to...

Way to go Whova

This app was good to have to help me interact with others at the Convention, too bad one it over its over. I wasn't able to access the information like photos after the conference had been over for a while.

Pros

I found this software very helpful in keeping up the events at the Phi Theta Kapp National Convention. There were thousands of people and so many events it was overwhelming at times. I liked how the software helps you meet others at the convention, displays photos of events and there is ecen a messaging feature.

Cons

The only drawback I had using this software was trying to find an log onto the PTK Convention in the first place. It has been a year so maybe that issue was fixed. You had to wait and get a code to join the Convention, maybe PTK could have sent the code with the confirmation emails or something.

Our Top Choice

Their customer service is always incredible. I cannot get over the high quality service we consistently receive on the shows we use their platform with. We would recommend Whova to others.

Pros

Whova is one of the most user-friendly, customer-service positive companies we've worked with in the last five years. We had previously used them with clients on-site at live events, and the last two years they have been our primary platform for virtual conferences / hybrid events. Their platform has a step-by-step process to set up and while it's robust, it's laid out very well for anyone to dive right into designing their own virtual event platform without breaking the bank.

Cons

Their desktop version is very disappointing. Since it was built to be an in-person event app, it's only natural their mobile app has a better user interface. We have a lot of clients that are looking for a more desktop friendly version of Whova in the future.

Thanks Whova

I loved being able to see who was at the conference, what kinds of topics people were discussing, what connections were being made, etc. It was also helpful to see what was happening pre-conference. I'm sure I'll use it again at conferences in the future.

Pros

It was great to have a social media platform dedicated to the specific conference I attended. I also loved that I could see who was at the conference and where they worked.

Cons

The community portion of the app started to get really full, which made it harder to find what I was looking for. Maybe if that was organized by topics, or if the posts that had new comments were always at the top. Being in alumni relations, it would have been AWESOME if I could search attendees by where they went to school.