Whova Logo

Cloud-based event management and marketing platform

Whova Reviews

Suggested alternatives

cvent-event-management
accelevents
bizzabo

This has been a useful tool for networking virtually. As an exhibitor we've had good attendance to our virtual booths and good lead generation.
I would readily recommend this app for any group event for the ease of use and the ability to create better interaction with attendees and organizers.
It was actually a very positive experience. The software worked great and we were able to accomplish more than I thought we would utilizing the virtual conferencing.
The only thing I can say disappointing about this software is that I was not exposed to it first.
I'll be really disappointed if the next conference I attend - virtual or in real time - does not use it.
There have been other virtual neuroscience meetings that have not worked well and as the president of our Flux society, I was nervous.

2,064 reviews

JA

Jason A.

Commander

Law Enforcement, 201-500 employees

What a great app to manage Conferences!

Transcript

Jason: Hi, my name is Jason. I am a lieutenant for a police department in Colorado. I give Whova a five...

Natalie W.

English Teacher

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great virtual conference tool!

Transcript

Natalie W.: Hi, my name is Natalie, I'm a high school English teacher. I would rate Whova a five out...

Kellie G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

Whova for a Virtual Event Win!

With six weeks to go for a virtual 4-day conference, Whova met all the requirements we were looking for in a virtual conference experience for both the organization and the attendees. The price point was ideal for a small organization, and their a la cart pricing helps keep within any budget. It was a very successful event for the organization and discussion is to have some virtual option moving forward, even if we still hold an in-person event.

Pros

A Small non-profit I work with moved their in-person event to virtual event for 2020. With 6 weeks until the event start in September, a decision was made to move it to a more robust option allowing for sponsor interaction. Whova came through for us in many ways - financially, user-friendly for both back end and attendee end, integration with already existing registration platform - RegFox, Zoom interface, meeting rooms, session surveys and robust reporting. Any issues we had and sent support emails were addressed in a timely manner. They offer several help documents and videos to walk you through various set-up and troubleshooting.

Cons

Be aware that Whova has their own drip-campaign of emails they send to those attending your event. We were not aware of these prior to them sending, and it cause a bit of confusion and frustration on our end. We are not able to see in advance nor edit those emails, which also contained information not pertinent to our virtual event. We did address this with our sales person in our post-event meeting, and this is an issue they are aware of and addressing.

VR

Vanessa R.

Excellent plataform

I use the platform for saw the agenda and contact friends.

Pros

Very fun and friendly for users. You can organize your information.

Cons

Everything is good. You can organize and meet people.

TD

Tijl D.

Research, 10,001+ employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Nice features but unreliable. Do not use for critical applications.

Pretty horrible if you have to explain an audience of 1000+ people that the app was down for >1.5 hours mid-conference.

Pros

Nice features, admin interface relatively user-friendly, user-interface very user-friendly.

Cons

I used it for a large virtual conference (1000+ attendees, up to 10+ parallel sessions), and it was down for >1.5 hours. Extremely embarrassing and impossible to recover from it. Medium impact weakness is that the interface is not very responsive (i.e. slow). Minor impact (but nonetheless frustrating) weakness is that the admin interface is buggy (or has 'quirks' like they call it themselves). From lots of things we could notice this is not a company built on solid software engineering (e.g. they use "FirstName LastName" as the 'key' to identify attendees, and some of the admin features behave in a very illogical and unexpected manner).

LE

LAUREN E.

Retail, 11-50 employees

CONVENTION APP REVIEW

It was great. I loved being able to pull up the agenda easily and it was a great way to engage with people.

Pros

The leaderboard. I got very competitive with it. It is a good tool for people to engage with one another.

Cons

The community tab is a bit messy. It was visually too busy for me.

LC

Lakeisha C.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Get Connected & Stay in the Flow

Pros

Whova provided an excellent conference experience for session locations, interactions with other attendees, and all of the resources are available. There were so many sessions that I wanted to attend, however not enough hours in the day!

Cons

Whova web version was utilized, and all areas were functioning (Community, Messages, updates, etc. Really no cons.

BW

Brittany W.

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Go Whova App

It was a very pleasurable app to use and maintain.

Pros

The events; photos; maps; easy to use app.

Cons

There is not one thing that disappointed me with this app.

rL

renae L.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

worked well for me as user for conference

Pros

all ratings I listed worked well . I was only using for even

Cons

na. I didn't pick the app. only Iowa Mental health event organizers did.

RS

Racchelle S.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Pros

Whova was easy to use and navigate, especially for a non-tech person.

Cons

I did not experience any cons while using Whova.

CR

Charles R.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Conference Attendee

Pros

The mobile app functionality was fast, thorough, and user friendly. I was able to take session notes within the app, contact other attendees, reach out to the session speakers, see event photos, and collect the presentation slides as PDFs. Really great experience with the app.

Cons

The filter settings in the 'Agenda' section are lost when you navigate away from the 'Agenda' panel. Really minor detail and was the only 'con' that I could come up with.

SW

Sonya W.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Whova Review

Pros

ease of use, event management and speaker information

Cons

Some of the threads for virtual meet ups were confusing

CD

Catie D.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Great Solution (especially for the price)!

Overall, I highly recommend Whova. In spite of some of the challenges, it is still one of the strongest tools available for the cost, and is very user-friendly. Their customer service is very helpful, and the product does continue to improve.

Pros

Whova has a wealth of features for a very low cost. It is a great solution for a clean, user-friendly registration system and app, that is still friendly to budgets. The app specifially is very easy to set up and use and has great engagement tools!

Cons

The back end system has a few quirks that take time to learn, and can be a little frustrating if you don't recognize them in advance. The menu system and where tools are located for admins can be a little confusing, though once you learn it, they are easy to use. Our biggest challenge is managing attendee records after they have registered; it would be nice if admins had more options for changing and updating their info, or using "admin-only" fields. Similarly, the difference in "attendees" vs. "registrants" can cause confusion.

AA

Alhassan A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

efficient, silent, and extremely powerful tool

Whova has had a lot of impact on the structure of our events. We always had to engage professional event organizers to help us manage our stakeholder engagement events, that often included simultaneous parallel sessions and large groups. With Whova as our able assistant now, we are able to efficiently manage these events with just our in-house staff. And the live polling feature has certainly made our events much more enjoyable and interactive for our participants.

Pros

The innovation of the virtual network tables has been groundbreaking for me, both as an event organizer and also as an event participant. I love that we are able to select from a wide range of practical options for which format these groupings and sessions should take. Whether one on one, small groups, or larger ones; these are the parts of events I enjoy the most, and whova has successfully kept that feeling with the networking tables.

Cons

Integration with other native conferencing software does not work smoothly every time. Our videos kept freezing, and having time delays that affected the flow of the event.

DD

Darlene D.

Law Enforcement, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Excellent option to keep your conference attendees engaged

This app was an incredibly useful tool for both an in-person and a virtual conference. I think any company organizing an event would be remiss not to consider it.

Pros

I have not purchased this software to use with my business, but have used it for two large conferences I attended and it seemed to make the events run seamlessly. The ease of which attendees can peruse the available sessions and then add events to their own agendas is wonderful. You can click between the full schedule and your own agenda easily. Also, the web version and the mobile version are...

Cons

The mobile app does not allow you to view nested zoom presentations for any given session. I believe many people would utilize that feature instead of having to sit on their computers. That being said, these were learning sessions so perhaps that was a choice of the organizing body since they wanted attendees to have a separate window open to work through the training modules in their software.

io

isaac o.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent Management Tool

Fantactic Tool.I would quickly propose this application for any social affair event for the ease of use and the ability to improve relationship with members and organizers. whenever we coordinate an event we use it to help with indicating the schedule, the arrangement, and the region of each and every gathering. It is so valuable in keeping us on track .

Pros

Its a Powerful Software that is designed such that its easy to use.

Cons

The desktop app could need More features.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Competitive Event Platform

Overall I think that our attendees navigated the platform easily and were able to view our content, which is most important. It was much easier for our speakers to do their presentations as everyone is now accustomed to Zoom. Having Zoom as the background for live presentations was beneficial. Chat was available for help with questions, but they didn't always know the answers. I would either end up figuring it out or not using it. I think it will become more beneficial when we are hybrid and can use some of the in-person functions with their app.

Pros

It was an easy software to navigate. We previously used ON24 which was not as intuitive to navigate as Whova is. There are easy shortcuts when building the conference pages that made building the virtual platform easy and fast. They offer you a pre-made speaker and agenda page with different templates which were great as we embedded it into our existing website.

Cons

We did not know if we did not want the audience to see the speakers we would need to purchase the webinar function in zoom. We did not know this before we purchased the platform and were disappointed as we thought we were saving money from our last platform but we ended up spending extra anyway. Also not all the analytics were as detailed unlike our last platform. We did not like that we were unable to move tabs and icons such as the "community" which was not necessary for our event.

TW

Theodore W.

Government Administration, 10,001+ employees

Easy to navigate and engage with others

Wonderful

Pros

Creating a Leaderboard and various ways to set-up meet-ups and polls was wonderful. Live streaming, chat, etc. was a great integrated feature along with setting up your agenda ahead of time to save time and organize your day.

Cons

Our group reached maximum number of polls and topic could not be organized by users. There should be an easy button to change notification settings as well.

VH

Vivian H.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Networking fun

I have used WHOVA for the last 2 years at the Elevate Derm conference. It is always one of my most favorite things to do is get on the WHOVA app and see where all the attendees are from. I have met some really great people via WHOVA app. Conferences are usually very large and sometimes it is hard to connect. WHOVA makes it so easy.

Pros

Keeps everyone up to date on what is going on through out the conference. Allows us to be engaged with one another. Great to have important information all at our finger tips.

Cons

Sometimes when we are in WHOVA point wars, it can get a little over whelming with notifications, however the point wars sure was fun throughout the conference.

HC

Hannah C.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Ideal for conferences, whether in-person, virtual, or mixed

Pros

We first used this app for an in-person conference before COVID-19 hit the world, and it was already helpful. Now, I love how easy it is to incorporate digital and virtual aspects even if/when you plan an in-person event. With all the travel restrictions and extra health precautions these days, it makes it easy to have people participating relatively equally whether they are attending physically or...

Cons

Sometimes the sheer number of features can be intimidating, and if you have two separate events that are working together, it's quite bothersome to have to constantly switch between the two events to find the specific session or resource you're looking for. It'd be nice if there were a way to have a personal agenda that includes all your sessions from all your conferences.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Highly-interactive and networking-enabling app

Whova is my preferred event app. It has the basics down (floor maps, agendas, etc.) but excels in networking capabilities. Granted, the other visitors have to contribute to make it successful, but the app provides plenty of tools. Direct messaging, polls, and questions to visitors or organizers are all there and are mostly easy to use. I can also view the visitors a few weeks before and four weeks after the show, which is super helpful for preparation and collecting leads.

Pros

I do multiple trade shows per year. There are a few event apps, but I am delighted to see the event using Whova. This app has the networking part figured out. A few days before each show, I can start networking by messaging other visitors and creating discussion topics (e.g., ask the locals for restaurant recommendations or start discussions around the subject of the event/industry). The gamification to get high on the leaderboard is another way of getting attention. During the event, the app provides real-time updates.

Cons

The UI could use a bit of an overhaul. It's not necessarily intuitive, and I still find myself in situations where I'm lost ("Where was this poll again?"). By the end of an event, I have it figured out, but I only use the app a few times a year. So, that familiarity degrades before the next event.

KP

Kylie P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Association of Migraine Disorders

Pros

The people in the chat are extremely quick to answer and provide directions. The platform is very easy to use. Our audience loved the app. Thanks for a successful event!

Cons

Since we are a non-profit and our event is sponsored it is critical that we have statistics to report to our sponsors. We have not requested the report generated from Whova yet. I hope we are able to see the number of total virtual attendees that attended the symposium rather than the number of attendees who viewed each presentation.

GR

Gabriella R.

Design, self-employed

Conferences made fun & functional!

Whova provides an incredible platform for guests to interact with one another. All guests were able to speak about current software usage concerns, likes, dislikes, organize meetups, provide recommendations, and just share fascinating facts about one other within the community. Within the app, attendees may send messages to one another and exchange information. Whova is a fantastic conference organization and communication platform. It gives you the ability to stay connected while also giving you the freedom to do so. Even after the conference, I can use the app to remain in touch with my new networking friends and send them messages.

Pros

I used this program before COVID-19 and found it to be quite useful. Now, even if/when planning an in-person event, I enjoy how simple it is to add digital and virtual elements. With all of the travel restrictions and extra health measures in place these days, it's easy to have everyone participate equally, whether physically there or not. I like how simple it is to exchange articles and other session materials, as well as notes and questions, with participants and speakers. The software promotes member connection by recommending chat rooms based on specific subjects, arranging meet-ups, and conducting polls.

Cons

The sheer quantity of features might be daunting at times, and having to continuously jump between two events to get the precise session or resource you're searching for can be rather inconvenient if you have two distinct events that function together. It would be great if there was a way to create a customized agenda that included all of your conference sessions.

jc

jayson c.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

The best easy tool to use for networking

Trying to inform conference attendees of changes while saving time and money. Overall, going virtual for knowledge sharing and cost savings is a terrific idea.

Pros

simple to use and offers a staggering array of intricate adjustments and functionalities to meet any event requirements. I adore how simple it is to communicate with other app users.

Cons

Simple accessibility, widespread acceptability, and high connectivity were all attained. Integration was simple as well.

SW

Shelly W.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Good event app for the price

Overall, our experience was good. For the price we paid, it worked for mostly what we needed. We got frustrated that every time we needed to add something (more documents, sponsors, session self-checkin, certificates) it was an additional cost which adds up quickly.

Pros

Whova is pretty intuitive to set up and use.

Cons

The Gamifications are not very customizable nor can you add your own games in. The lead scanning functionality is not the best as you cannot customize the questions fields and it was hard to tell who scanned leads per device. Everything is very a la cart. If you want to add more features, everything is an additional cost so the base price is just a starting point.

DP

Detlev P.

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

End User for Housing California Conference

I'm glad there is an app for the conference. I personally prefer the app to a paper program. I think that the app format and user interface should use some improvements

Pros

That it provided a helpful guide to the conference and the workshops

Cons

I think the formatting could use some re-design. Workshop description type is small. Some of the features like meetups are too confusing to easily follow and use

KH

Kris H.

Government Relations, 201-500 employees

Human Trafficking seminar

It was very helpful for the conference and easy to use

Pros

It gave accurate agenda as well as options to communicate with other attending the conference

Cons

uploading pictures section was my least favorite.