Smartsupp Reviews

Pros

I have to point out the perfect customer support from one of your employess. She was very kind, helpful and she has made my day much better.

HT

Hynek T.

I love the ease of implementation and the ability to customize the chatbox. I think there is a lot for the price that you pay.

MD

Matthew D.

BD

Beauty D.

Cons

I've had problems with the mobile app. Conversations were not popping and I was losing chats.

CU

Carlos U.

The inability to contact customers when a chat has been lost.

AG

Antonio G.

Chat is online after signing out. This can create a negative impression for customers.

PH

Petr H.

GREAT WEB CHAT

We have been with them for 2 years and the service satisfies us.

Pros

Low prices, good customer support, video recording on the site.

Cons

Missing the possibility to send attachments or more integration with the cms (example prestashop)

Hello, Luca, thanks a lot for your review. We are glad you have been with us for 2 years now and we hear your concerns. The file-sharing option will be ready in the new chat widget, which should be out this month. You can read more about what new chat widget brings here: www.smartsupp.com/blog/new-smartsupp-widget/ We became an official partner of prestashop and the integration is available. You can find it here: https://www.smartsupp.com/help/#integrations All the best, Michaela

3 in 1 program - it's great if it's possible with you

The program is well-worked intuitive as well as simple to use and in settings, anyone who has ever been in contact with these types of programs will be able to handle it without any problem. However, I would like to ask you about the possibilities and future integration in this program ????. That is why I will ask the question as in the title of the opinion. Is it possible for Smartsupp live chat to have additional calling options, e.g. callpage.io, we also have it in use, and pop-up messages, now marketing number 1, it works well with us. That is why we would like to have such a platform so that everything is in one place so as not to litter the website and not slow down the operation on the web. ??

Pros

I like statistics, customer search image, it gives us the opportunity to improve our ads and in particular the information that the customer needs about a given production so that he can read in detail and know what he is buying.

Cons

Everything is fine and I have no objections to the program and its work.

Hello, Krystian, thank you very much for your positive review! Currently we are not planning to add any calling options to Smartsupp, because we believe you are able to help your customers more effectively via chat, using screenshots and links. Regarding the pop-up messages, you can use our automatic messages: https://www.smartsupp.com/help/automatic-messages/. Currently, they open the whole chat window, but in the new chat widget they will show up as pop-up messages, you can see the example in this article and read some more about the new widget: https://www.smartsupp.com/blog/new-smartsupp-widget/ All the best, Michaela

Smarssapp chat usage review

Good

Pros

it takes me in contact with whom has a real interest in my product

Cons

that I cannot get in contact with all the people who navigate my website

Unreliable

Great when it works Constant uncommunicated changes to how stuff works

Pros

Imagine, that you open your website one day and the chat has changed. The functionalities have changed, so that everything works different. The email notifications have changed and are sent from a different email address. You lose a couple of days until you realize what has happened. Smartsupp has changed stuff in the past without notice, but in Oct 2020, they just replaced the whole product for a clone of the competition without any warning. The fact that you can't rely on anything is the main issue. Otherwise, the price is affordable and if you don't need support (a bot would probably do a better job of helping with anything). If you don't like an unreliable product without efficient support, look elsewhere.

Cons

Unreliable Rigid and hard to adjust behavior

Fantastic live chat service

We use Smartsupp for two separate domain websites. Mainly, we wanted to use a live chat to provide additional support for people browsing our site. It so far has far exceeded our expectations. Within the first week, we helped facilitate nearly a dozen orders and interacted with over 100 people on both of our websites.

Pros

Of course, the free account version may be the best one out there. The plan is limited to 100 chats per month, but users should be able to gauge any ROI by that point to justify increasing their plan (which is very reasonable compared to other chat services). Conversations work great! Since it is a browser-based chat, set-up time for multiple CSR's was very low. Detailed visitor information is a fantastic feature as well. Automatic messaging also helps spur conversation when visitors land on certain pages, etc.

Cons

Some of the UI and settings can sometimes be wonky. Compared to other chats, there are far fewer features that can be utilized, making it more of a bare-bones chat to use (which isn't really a bad thing). Their company is based in Europe, so you need to keep that in mind when using their customer support.

Hello. Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you took the time to share your rating with us. We are glad that you have a great experience with Smartsupp. :) If you have any questions or suggestions for improvement, don't hesitate to contact us at support@smartsupp.com. We'll be happy to hear from you. Have a great day!

Glad I found Smartsupp. I love it

I have been able to answer customer questions and concerns successfully. So far Smartsupp has been proven to be a great addition to my business. Thank you.

Pros

Smartsupp has offers several features even for the free plan that makes it one of the best out there. I love the feature where you get notified once someone lands on your website. Since I started using it I have not faced any problems. Integration was pretty simple. I highly recommend Smartsupp to small and medium businesses. Thanks.

Cons

I am yet to find anything dislike about the software. For suggestions, I would like to suggest that an update provide the ability to pull up products right inside the chat. For example shopify products can be recommended to customers right inside the chat section.

Very useful for reporting and analytics, overall great experience when compared to competition

I am using it for 3 years on different web sites and I am very satisfied with the features. It does everything I need and even more.

Pros

Definitely the most useful feature is the reporting and analytics possibilities of video recordings. The product is very easy to use both in the web app and smartphone app. Also, the chatbot feature and text shortcuts are very useful. Deployment of the service is super easy. There is even a wordpress plugin available.

Cons

I would appreciate having the possibility to customize the chat widget more, so we can stand out of the competition who uses the same service.

Has potential

It seems easy for the users to use, with some more features would bee greath.

Pros

Been able to email if user abandones the chat session helps to give a better service.

Cons

It could help to have time and date of each page visited by the user. Bot response based on the text of the question or message received, we have many frequent questions. Send by email a follow up message to ask if we helped them. Been able to ask for authorization to see what the visitor screen to help them better, we have to ask many times for a screenshot and many users don't know how to take one. Been able to help an agent in chat with hidden messages to the visitor or a medium to communicate with other agents to help them or correct them. In some pages and systems the load of the chat is too slow, we lost many opportunities.

Well done live chat

The live chat helps customers to buy services on our websites. It has all features that we need.

Pros

Easy to use, nice design, enough features and no downtimes.

Cons

Just the visitors referrer links could be more informative.

Valuable Plugin for Small Businesses

Pros

This plugin and software works wonderfully for our ecommerce shops. It integrated easily into our Wordpress based site, and beautifully blends into themes and appearances. The software provided valuable information to help a small business navigate customer service. Reasonably priced for small businesses who really need to be careful where dollars are spent. Great overall interface and easy to on-board.

Cons

Limited in abilities in comparison to competitors software, such as no social integrations. Mobile app was not notifying of conversations, despite notifications being on.

Need to improve when clients are online

Pros

Easy to use, I love the app, multy language

Cons

We have lost conversations beacuse the sistem does not inform well what a cliente is there. I have to activate the app on my phone and then I am informed when a client is there. There is no warning for the client that in a few moment we will help them, so they leave in less than 2 minutes. The sound warning is no good, since we ue computers that dont have speaker. we need something that poo up or flashes so we can see tehre is a client there.

Hi, Francisco, thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. There might be a few reasons why you don't get the desktop notifications when a visitor writes you. Try looking in our manual on how to enable desktop notifications here https://www.smartsupp.com/help/desktop-notifications/. Otherwise, feel free to ask us for help at support@smartsupp.com Your Smartsupp team

Decent tool for online chatting

Pros

Simplicity and UX is exactly what I like about this software. We have been using this SW for more than two years in our eshop application. We have tried thoroughly several other well known tools for chatting and must admit, we have ended everytime with Smartsupp. It has clean and intuitive dashboard - and what I like the most, if offline, you get the email notification ( of course this is nothing exeptional :-) but with complete and comprehensive visitor`s history - what pages had visitor visited, what time, for how long - so it records and tracks visitor mouse movements - and all these packed in pleasant email design layout. Good pricing structure ! Smartsupp has also integrated the option of video recording of visitors. It is definitely worth trying and for sure using.

Cons

I would love to have facebook messenger being integrated into the chatting tool - but as I have already learned - this is comming soon, so finger UP! And perhaps more options for for screen widget icons - people like to play - so why not offer them nice and colorful widget icon options :-)

Hello, Andrej, thank you very much for your positive review! Yes, we are working on facebook messenger being integrated into the chatting tool, stay tuned for that. Your suggestion for different widget icons is interesting and definitely one we will consider. All the best, Michaela

My Review

It makes easy to capture visitor's interest and make buy or come to the store. With the auto-messages its even easier. Its very good and best than the other softwares.

Pros

Small but very striking chat box, wich allows users to properly navegate the web. Others have a bigger chat box wich makes dificult using buttons. Easy to use web dashboard, with sounds and alerts wich help, even in the free option. Very good in every way.

Cons

Dont have (yet) facebook integration. Pricing makes a dificult pro election, not because it is expensive, its just because its a lot of money in my country. Not further cons, its a very complete software, very easy to use.

unwanted horizontal scrolls & capability of hiding user photo if needed & miss chat or offline messa

...some horizontal scroll bars, down my smart supp panel, appeared here since a couple of weeks ago. while zoom of explorer is 100% they are there, and a part of panel goes out of monitor. it was not like this before. i think previous DIV settings were correct.

Pros

the whole software is nice.... miss chat and offline messages of customers are nice too, but...

Cons

i prefer when i miss a chat, or get offline message, that message to Email me to my Gmail account, or get an SMS based on the missed chat, or offline chat, which takes me back to the computer to consider customers. there is another problem, with alerts and alarm voices. they does not work on my cellphone at all. its ASUS ZD551K... ANDROID 5 ... i think it would be nice to use MIDI format, or make alert sounds through functions over every device, instead of a MP3 format to play on it. also, it needed to hide my photo over panel, some times. at least over my own monitor. and finally, i should suggest ...

Decent Chattool

Its fast, good looking and very helpful. Our customers really like it.

Pros

its functional and the design can easily changed.

Cons

That you cant send files over the Chat.

Hello Marcel, thanks a lot for your review. The file-sharing option will be ready in the new chat widget. The estimated release time is in September/October. You can read more about what new chat widget brings here. www.smartsupp.com/blog/new-smartsupp-widget/ Have a nice day! Patrik

an excellent chat for your page

get a chat in my page connected to my cell phone before I used the yahoo messenger in my page connected to my yahoo messenger account but this application is better has more features I like a lot the user videos

Pros

the free service is good includes a video with the user screen steps it's very useful see how the user use your system, includes an app for Android, a lot of reports for see the conversations, you can customize the chat with your logo, integrates with a lot of apps like word press shopify, includes automatic responses

Cons

sometimes the Android app doesnt receive the notifications, it would great include an api to generate automatic responses programatically like the chatbots

Thank you for your review! We launched updated version of our mobile apps recently with several bug fixes of push notifications. I can definitely recommend to update to the latest version, where everything should run smoothly. If you run into any issues with push notifications on mobile, let us know at support@smartsupp.com.

Easy and effective

Pros

- 5 minutes setup - Simple Interface - Right pricing - Recording is cool to understand customers issues on purchase pipeline

Cons

- Statistics could be enhanced with better reports / automatic alerts when performance trend is decreasing and better long term comparison.

Works very good and never had any problems with it

As a B2B wholesale company we have a lot of customers who have questions while browsing about products, sales conditions, delivery times etc.

Pros

very easy to work with reasonable pricing

Cons

there were no cons what so ever, i have to fill this form....

Bien

Pros

Simple à utiliser. Les informations sur les clients sont pratiques lors du chat.

Cons

J'aimerais pouvoir visualiser ce qu'écrit en live le client (disponible chez des solutions concurrentes).

Hello, Jerome! Thank you for your review! The visualization feature you mentioned is something we are likely to implement in the future. Please, write on support@smartsupp.com and we will add you to the list of customers who asked for it. Then, after we start working on it, we will let you know. All the best, Michaela from Smartsupp

ICC review

I’ve been able to secure more business using this tool. The value is definitely there

Pros

This product is very easy to setup and customize. The mobile app is easy to setup and customize. I tend to stay away from softwares that are not easy to use. The user interface is easy to use. I like the ability for multiple agents to talk to a client at the same time

Cons

Sometimes it takes too long to get a notification that someone is on my website. I wanted this product to grab those people who come to my website for under 1 minute. I’m still missing some of those people. If you can figure out how to get a notification to me quicker you would have a real winner here.

good experience

Pros

This program is very simple to navigate.

Cons

Hey Petr, thanks a lot for your review. You can set "Office hours" in your account which means Smartsupp will appear online only in this time period. If any agent remains online after office hours, the chatbox on your website will switch to offline mode regardless. So you don't need to worry about signing out on time. www.smartsupp.com/help/office-hours/ Best, Patrik

For a free software it mends patches in your website to intergrate to live support.

The chat option allow me to use a laptop and actually type than having to thumb to a device for a half hour. The problems with new generations of culture it use to take a simple phone call 3 minutes of conversation to give advice; however now with texting causing hours of wasted time in society, Alot of people expect text and then take 30 minutes for a 2 minute conversation because teh replies they...

Pros

I like the ease of inserting the script and then the ability to log in and go live.

Cons

The phone app version does not seem to work on a few devices.. just blank screen not sure why.

Hello Keith, thanks for your review. Have you tried our new mobile app released in June? To speed up your conversations I recommend you to set up Shortcuts in your dashboard. www.smartsupp.com/help/shortcuts/ Have a nice day! Patrik

Excellent program

Excellent service from support live chat

Pros

Easy to use and simple and fast - the online support too, is very good and the mobile app is superb too

Cons

Sometimes a little inaccurate in terms of numbers of visitors but this is probably due to fast changing conditions

Hi, Tyne! Thank you very much for the review, we appreciate it! The number of visitors might differ, if you're comaring Smartsupp to Google analytics. You don't have to worry about this, the difference is not caused by some bug or issue, it's there simply because Smartsupp and Google analytics are different tools, and as such are using different metrics to measure the number of active visitors on your website. You can read more about this on our website https://www.smartsupp.com/help/whats-the-difference-between-smartsupp-and-google-analytics/ All the best, Michaela from Smartsupp

You can’t afford not to have it !

Very glad to have it installed on my websites I think it’s a must have tool for every on line business.

Pros

I own 3 online businesses and can’t stress how important it is to be able answer critical customer questions. Sometimes or even I would say very often it means sale or no sale. Great tool with great features, my favorite is visitor video recording that helps me improve my website even more.

Cons

It will be awesome if we could have a google translator built in that would allow us to talk to customers in different languages on same screen.

Hello, Sebastien, many thanks for your feedback! We are really pleased we can help you with all of your businesses. Interesting idea with the translation plugin we'll definetely think about it. But right now we give the highest priority to the new mobile app and chat box redesign. Best regards,

Super useful tool

Pros

Since you put the new interface, it is really easier to communicate. Super easy to set up on Magento.

Cons

Wish we had a library of answers of questions already asked. Wish I could still put as many agents as possible. Seems difficult to configure the Welcome message depending on the countries