Alma SIS Logo

Empower progress. Spark potential. www.getalma.com

Alma SIS Reviews - Page 6

CJ

Caitlin J.

Alma changed the way we look at student information!

Pros

The visual interface is intuitive and logical in its progressions. The customer support is immediate and tailored to your specific need.

Cons

It is still difficult to create your own reports, but the interface is progressing. We are also working towards a Data Warehouse solution that is still in the building stages.

FH

Francys H.

Great Service!

In AngloAmerican School is great tools for comunications, save information, and keep conecting with our parents, students and co-wokers.

Pros

I like ALMA cause they have a good service with their customer. Every i need help or information, they did ASAP and resolved my issues.

Cons

Nothing, i like versatality and easy manage .

BS

Ben S.

BCIS Phuket

Report cards are excellent, it has saved us so much time but we need more curriculum content to be linked from Google Drive/Classroom. We would also like to link to a LMS.

Pros

Interface, ease of use, collaboration for generating report cards, student profiles,

Cons

No branding, needs school colours and school logo, needs more integration with Google Classroom for showing curriculum content, customisable dashboard for teachers and students, more information in bio about nationality and languages spoken than race, emails with teacher signature, in-depth calendar with links to a Facebook page,

RR

Rosario R.

Daily Use

I needed to learn how to add a feature. Customer Service tends to forget sometimes that not everyone knows how to use it and perhaps needs to ask a few questions before they send screen shot directions. I didn't know how to add 11th grade for registration on Alma Start. The instructions that were sent took me awhile to understand where the features were. Once I figured it out it was easy to add the feature.

Pros

Alma is easy to use. I use it daily for attendance and to communicate with parents. I use the site for registration.

Cons

When you are not familiar with Alma it can be confusing. Once you learn how to use it you can benefit from all of the features.

MK

Mary Katherine O.

Head Lower School Math Teacher Review

I have been please with my experience with Alma.

Pros

This software allows me to easily interact with our entire student body by accessing contact information and schedules for each student.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like so far with this software.

NK

Naveen K.

Easy and intuitive interface

Overall easy to use, and easy to train others on.

Pros

Alma is very easy to use, and the interface is great. Updating records is a breeze, which is helpful in a fast-paced school environment.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more customization with running reports

RW

Randy W.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

An SIS to grow with

The move to Alma has been a great step for our school district. It is simpler and more comprehensive than our old SIS.

Pros

The customer service at Alma is unmatched. They are attentive to the growing needs of school districts and work to try to accommodate feature requests. From the parent side, the interface is simple and clean and has the pertinent information front and center.

Cons

The emergency alerting by phone is an area in need of improvement.

OD

Olivia D.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Pros

I like that this service is very user friendly, and easy to find the answers to questions that I have.

Cons

I think maybe a feature could be added where teachers could add notes and comments, not just administrators.

HM

Hector M.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great at what it does, though limited in what it does...

Good customer service. Fast/easy learning curve.

Pros

Super user-friendly. Beautiful interface. Easy on teachers and admins. Partial sync with Google Classroom.

Cons

Lack of many modules: Library, admissions, facilities... Lack of Google integration (email, calendars...). Clunky calendar features.

SS

Sharon S.

Easy to learn.

Pros

Using Alma is fairly intuitive and they are constantly add features which make it even better.

Cons

The mobile app is very difficult to navigate. It is ok for checking a grade or assignment, but it is difficult to add or grade an assignment.

KJ

Kahlil J.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Alma has been wonderful!!!

My overall experience with Alma has been exciting to say the least. I am looking forward to using this app to see new features get added in the future as well!

Pros

I like the fact that I am able to take attendance with ease and email parents if any issues arise. The app meets the needs of the students, parents and educators.

Cons

The only thing I had difficulty with was editing the settings of a class after they have already been entered into the system.

SM

Sophie M.

Alma is a lifesaver!

If I could, I would use Alama in every educational institution that I am a part of from here on out. I love how user friendly the software is and how all the information I need is in the same place.

Pros

I love how user friendly Alama is. There is a lot of information that this software contains, but it is easy to navigate and fairly simple to use.

Cons

I think the most difficult thing to navigate is just the linking to Google Classroom. It's not impossible to figure out but I haven't devoted much time to get it set up and working to a level that I like yet.

HR

Heather R.

Excellent product with great user interface. Very easy to set up, use, and navigate.

Pros

Very intuitive interface. Excellent customer service. Frequent updates that take customer requests into consideration.

Cons

Some inflexibility across users (i.e. directory access). Software is very user friendly, for both novice users and those with more experience.

Hi Heather, Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your feedback! We are happy to hear that you feel that Alma very intuitive and easy to navigate. Thank you for the constructive feedback about our directory - we are actually in the process of revamping that as we speak. Something to look forward to! You have a been a great customer to work with. Looking forward to our many Alma years together!

LK

Linda K.

This was my first year using Alma. Our school has used it for 2 years

Pros

I like the ease of keeping attendance and being able to email the parents. The parents like the ease of checking their children's grades and assignments.

Cons

I am having trouble learning the report card program. I am still receiving training for this but it seems very difficult to have to switch back and forth from one program to another. I sure once I understand it with more training I will like it. My trainer does.

SW

Stephanie W.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

It works for what i need

Pros

Easy to use. Pretty straightforward. Website works quickly. I use it for attendance and grades. It's good.

Cons

I don't have any cons. This is the software that the school provides us to use for gradebooks so i don't have a say.

EB

Ellie B.

Clear Tabs and Great Service

Streamlined functions, parent's quick access to their children's grades, and ease of utilizing tools of their pages have all served to make my time using Alma a great experience all around.

Pros

The Alma team has consistently served our school with a great website and easy to understand functions while fixing bugs quickly and communicating effectively. Alma has also been very quick to respond to our administrator's needs for support and help. Alma is highly recommended!

Cons

One thing, which is minor, that I would change is having the settings in the "grades" portion be left where they are the last time I used it for each particular class.

SK

Stacey K.

We have recently started the transition to Alma and have found the transition to be well supported.

This software is more modern that what we were using. It is very user friendly and aesthetically pleasing. It simplifies the steps needed to achieve our goals.

Pros

I like the clean layout and user friendly design. The customer support team is responsive and helpful. Overall our transition has gone smoothly.

Cons

I wish there was an app for teachers to make attendance and entering grades simpler. I also wish there would have been an easy way to transfer historical data from grade levels below high school. It would be great if payments could be processed through Alma. I look forward to seeing the enrollment forms and helps Alma will offer.

It's great to hear that your transition went smoothly. Sometimes this can be the hardest part depending on what shape your data is in! Our admissions feature, Alma Start, is going to save you a huge amount of time and will be a very professional look on the parent facing side of Alma. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. Your feedback has been noted and passed along to the team!

Education Management,

Alma has made life so much easier!

Pros

It is user friendly and integrates so many different pieces of information into one place. I am able to click on a student name and see their siblings, parents, attendance, report cards, disciplinary infractions and so on with just a few clicks!

Cons

There are a few minor improvements which we have asked Alma to improve, and they have been responsive to these adjustments.

"Alma has made life so much easier!" -- music to our ears. Our easy-to-use interface and powerful (yet incredibly flexible) technology is why so many schools and districts are making the switch to Alma! Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it.

CF

Carlo F.

E-Learning, self-employed

Why I like Alma

I teach Computer Science online to Multinational students of Safir American School and I find it very easy management of grading and issuing of report cards.

Pros

Automatic grading according to predefined grading policy.

Cons

There is no record of emails sent to students or their parents.

TH

Teacher H.

In terms of vision, mission and execution Alma is far ahead of the competition

Alma is powerful, feature-rich and there exists no significant initial learning curve for teachers and students alike. For school administrators it is still pretty hard to setup correctly though. Especially, if your school is not a typical US school. In that case your requirements might differ, but Alma can and did definitely help with almost any situation imaginable. Alma's recent April'2016 upgrade...

Cons

Hello, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a meaningful review! Your feedback is very constructive. First, we are so happy to hear that you think very highly of our product. Our gradebook updates have been a big hit and we are constantly releasing new improvements as each week goes by. We are currently in the process of revamping our help docs and have created several video tutorials over the past year. Looking to learn more about a particular feature? Feel free to reach out and I will be glad to send our video tutorials your way! Regards, Kelly

JL

Judy L.

Easy to Use for a Teacher

As a first year teacher, it was easy to figure out and barely any glitches. The customer service is great, always answering my questions right away.

Pros

I use it as a high school math teacher and it is easy to use. I post homework assignments that students can take a look at, and they can also see their grades. I can also assign the same assignments to multiple classes.

Cons

Overall it works pretty well. I wish there was a option for absent on the grade book. Currently there is only NA, a grade, late and not turned in. the late button and the comment sections are helpful.

GH

Greg H.

ALMA is customer friendly and extremely responsive.

Pros

ALMA provides flexibility and responsiveness to individual needs. ALMA continues to grow at a rapid pace developing new features which are design to expedite the management of student data.

Cons

ALMA is continuing to evolve and increase functionality as well as unique features. While the system is not old, it provides all of the necessary tools and has increased functionality considerably every year.

SC

Sam C.

Alma Review

Increased productivity and ease of use.

Pros

We have been looking at new software for a long time. This is the best I've seen. Computer scheduling of classes, Google integration, online enrollment, quick reports, colorful menus, file cabinet for student info, and intelligent communications to students and parents make this software VERY easy to navigate and it will you save time. Customer service is very good and attentive. I can't really ask for more. Contact this company...You won't regret it!

Cons

Bio area could include more fields. Maybe include Apple School Manager integration someday? Wish there was a way to sort by grade in directory.

Wow Sam! Thank you for the glowing review. We recognize how difficult change can be, and the amount of research that goes into choosing such an important component to the education process. We are so thrilled your arduous search ended with Alma and we will be here to continue supporting you in every way.

TH

Tina H.

JIS Alma Review

I have enjoyed using Alma. It has taken a full year to get acquainted with everything that is available on this program. I am still learning new things.

Pros

There are some pretty awesome features that make it super easy to navigate from place to place.

Cons

Reports. I do NOT like that the reports all download to a CSV or spreadsheet. Way too much work. We also didn't get much time to work with the program before the beginning of the year. Online registration was a little stressful because of that.

SS

Sten S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Alma is visually appealing to students, staff, and parents. Navigating the system is intuitive.

Connection to google classroom is great. Students can easily access and utilize the system. Staff can easily submit grades.

Pros

Customer service is excellent. If there is ever a problem I can use the online chat to get answers or call Alma. Alma offers custom reports to meet the individualized needs of schools.

Cons

The reports section needs attention. Waiting for an upgrade so that data can be more easily customized.