All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SAP Concur Reviews

Pros

Overall it has been a great addition to keeping us accountable and organized. The software is easy to use and we love that you can add delegates to your account so they can assist with reports.

JAZMINE F.

Read the full review
I like that is is functional and easy to integrate with other systems. I liked getting reimbursed and I like how you can see your tickets and what has been submitted.

Read the full review
They also offer an app which I haven't tried yet but have heard all good things about it. The ease of training employees is also a nice benefit as it is a pretty user friendly system.

Aubree S.

Read the full review

Cons

I have been unable to upload the expenses to QB for a month now and Concur is unable to figure out why. VERY frustrating to be paying for a product that is not even useful.

Brandy D.

Read the full review
Itemizing expenses is even worse. I have used this at two different companies and at both organizations I dread expense reports in large part due to how cumbersome Concur is.

Read the full review
They also provide terrible customer support, and linking company cards can be difficult/full of system errors.

Melanie D.

1,346 reviews

best travel booking program!

Lots of Functions Not Always Intuitive

SAP Concur

overall, I really think this product is great and a huge improvement from our previous tool.

Pros

it is easy to upload receipts and match to my expenses, either via image or pdf document. the mobile app is a life saver for someone that has trouble with keeping receipts.

Cons

My only complaint is that you can't apply the same image to multiple expenses. This is especially frustrating when you have to split an expenses.

Fully featured , comprehensive app

Have been using concur for many years in small or large businesses. Product is relatively easy to use for the amount fo features it has. Very comprehensive. Has evolved nicely.

Pros

Full feature, relatively easy to use and integrate. Nice evolution from the beginning Good mobile application Adding features regularly

Cons

Can be slow to use Not always very intuitive Credit card integration may not be flawless While using the trip booking system, does not always display all options, hence takes longer than necessary

Works Fine For Me!

As the title of my review says, it works fine for me! I recall the very first time I used Concur it didn't seem very intuitive, but after you use it a few more times it is not that bad. In my previous job, we did not even use a SaaS for expense management - I think the law firm would just create an expense template to fill in fields and then we would submit expenses that way. Concur is much more useful for larger companies/corporations where employees regularly submit expense reports and there are relatively more employees.

Pros

The process of creating an expense report is fairly quick, and I seldom run into any issues whenever I submit an expense report. You are able to attach images, check off different boxes of categories of expenses, and submit the report with few required steps. I also have not experienced any delays with getting reimbursed for expenses.

Cons

You might encounter issues when you create your very first expense report, as it does not seem very intuitive. There is probably some tutorial lurking around, but it would be helpful if there was some sort of real-time robot to provide assistance.

High Tech, Dissappointing progress recently

Started out strong, but the company’s work quality and responsiveness have dropped the last few years. The new changes are getting to a point of being comically bad.

Pros

We selected this for the integration to company card, the ease of tracking, creating, and approving expenses. It has done all of those very well. It helped us out greatly as a small company trying to manage company cards for over half the company. The pricing model is small business friendly and helps it retain value for almost any business that has started with it.

Cons

Since SAP has purchased them the user experience has gone down hill and is starting to plummet. The latest update is due to be forced on users first quarter this year. It is terrible, not a single redeeming feature and a huge step backwards for user experience. It is very error prone, makes viewing and accessing information almost impossible, and is single handled the worst change I have been seen...

Concur Review from an Executive Assistant

My overall experience with Concur is a positive one. It is simple, easy to use and likely won’t require any training if you have experience with other similar software.

Pros

What I like most about Concur is that it is intuitive. If you’ve used an expense processing software before, you will be able to use Concur without any training or confusion. I’ve used Concur at two consecutive companies now. I’ve never been trained in it and I was able to use it without any issues from the first login. I’ve also trained other executive assistants in the software at both companies.

Cons

I don’t have anything I like least about the software. It’s is quite similar to other expense processing software.

Concur for travel expense

Being able to load receipts and not having to keep up with them. Recently we have added tripit to it. To make our travel booking easier. It had truly been a great asset to our company.

Pros

We use to have to do our expense Report by hand but now with concur the process is done in no time.

Cons

The mileage tracker in my opinion still needs a little work.

Nice interface

We use the Concur expense app to bid, audit and approve expense reports. This application is perfect for this kind of use.

Pros

Very easy to understand and navigate the application

Cons

Sometimes difficult to see the bills appear

SAP Concur

The main issue we have is to be able track expenses in order to comply with the Physician Payment Sunshine Act reporting requirements.

Pros

It can help with compliance with the Sunshine Act which is very important for pharmaceutical companies.

Cons

It's very expensive. They charge $14 per expense report.

Pretty Solid Expense Tracking

For the most part, SAP Concur is a solid expense management software that automatically imports transactions. But, there are parts of the software, both on web and mobile, that could use some updates to become more in line with modern design and workflow.

Pros

SAP Concur is a software I've been using for about 1.5 years now. I use both the web app and the mobile app. The automatic expense tracking tied to my business credit card works well. The amounts are normally correct based on the actual purchase amount and monthly expense reports are automatically created based on purchases within a given month.

Cons

Although SAP Concur does a great job at automatically importing transactions and starting expense reports, the few minor issues come with filling out the rest of the info for the report. Uploading receipt images can sometimes be a painful process, especially when using the mobile app. However, when it works it is a very convenient feature. The user interface could be updated slightly to create a better workflow as well.

SAP Concur

Overall, I have had a great experience using SAP Concur and will continue using the app for my employee expenses.

Pros

What I like most about using SAP Concur is that it is a simple way of tracking and reimbursing my expenses from work.

Cons

What I like leasing about using SAP Concur is that the app is very outdated and the user experience is not very engaging.

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pros

I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial...

Cons

The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

Streamline your expense reporting

At my previous employer, I was the administrator of Concur and the person who set up the software. It revolutionized the way we processed expenses (which had previously been a manual paper and pen process). It integrates beautifully with multiple banking entities, automatically importing charges as they are posted to your card. It can accommodate e-receipts if the vendor supports those -- car rentals,...

Pros

Straightforward administration setup wizard Ease of importing receipts Integration with our corporate bank account, credit cards, and purchasing cards Ability to customize limits and alerts Ease of administering multiple profiles for executives Integration with Expense-It so that users can take a picture of receipts with their phones and have them automatically uploaded to their expense reports

Cons

The Beta version is full of bugs Developers refuse to support the beta version Does not adequately track users who have used their corporate cards for personal charges and owe the company money

Concur - with good implementation by corporate it is nearly perfect

Concur makes keeping track of expenses and submitting expense reports routine and even somewhat fun. It also provides a handy record of where you have been before. It's great.

Pros

Concur makes it very easy to do expense reports for a sporadic traveler: -expenses for the corporate card are transferred automatically (so one does not forget to claim them) -the latest implementation I use even transfers the details of hotels stays (nightly rate, tax 1,2,3 etc.), making it almost zero work to finish these. Long hotel stays with occasional meals used to be the most time-consuming...

Cons

Although the following situations are rare, occasionally an unusual situation maKes things difficult. Usually, asking for help early from Concur and the internal corporate travel contact is the best course. here are a few: 1. A flight charge and a cognate refund adding up to zero can't be submitted as report. Let this get over 30 days old so it can't be combined with newer charges, and you have to have higher authorities fix it. 2. More common is when a hotel charges for the first night reservation, but the charges on the receipt do not match the folio provided, usually because the taxes are not included. Confuses the hell out of Concur, and hard to resolve on one's own.

Very helpful software with many useful features

My Overall experience is very positive with this software and I am very thankful to have access to it. This software is a major time saver when submitting, reviewing and processing expense claims.

Pros

The software allows me to sort submitted expense claims by date, currency and location. Within the expense claim the software is very user friendly, allowing the user to select from a wide ranges of expense types, departments, countries and entities. Features such as the automatic foreign currency calculation, mileage calculator and integration with corporate credit cards are very useful for the user and saves alot of time. The software is also very customizable by allowing the admin to change expense types departments, managers and other settings. The admin is also able to view a variety of reports that are very useful as well as features such as expense connect automatic payments and allowing access for the admin to act on behalf of another user.

Cons

The website tends to have periods where it is unavailable and doesn't work. This is usually resolved within a short time and the site returns to normal. Also the customer support for Concur could be improved in my opinion as there have been times I have had issues and they have been unable to help me.

It Will Get The Job Done, But Might Frustrate You Constantly Until It Does

Our entire firm just moved over to Concur Expense, and it has not been without it's issues. I think it will be a worthwhile transition in the long run, however, I need to watch a lot more of the help videos until I get there.

Pros

It is very thorough, and really very detailed. I don't have problems with the reports once I make them, and I feel like the expense process is very thorough. From a company's standpoint, the software makes sense and provides them with a lot of information. It also has a TON of user input checks which are incredibly tedious, but also ensure that everything is inputted properly The app is also really helpful, especially when taking pictures of receipts and uploading them to reports. If I wanted to ensure accuracy and completeness and was choosing a software, I'd definitely go with this one.

Cons

Sigh... all good things have their drawbacks it seems. I'd be lying if I said Concur Expense was user friendly. There are so many error messages possible, and it is not intuitive when trying to solve them all. The error messages are small, and contain limited information as to why they've occurred. Per diem is NOT self explanatory, and my firm had to put out an entire educational PowerPoint on how to input per diem expenses. And then additional help info on basically every other function. Sometimes the system will auto-populate when I don't want it to, and other times it will attempt to categorize expenses into categories that don't make sense. It's not the most intuitive software... and when I finally successful submit an expense report, I'm relieved more than anything.

An efficient program for submitting travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel

Using Concur has made collecting receipts, submitting travel requests, and booking travel so much more efficient than ever before. I come from a background where we use to do everything by paper and getting approvals with signature. With the amount of staff we have, using this electronic system is so much easier.

Pros

Using Concur to submit travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel has been such a time saver from doing things the old fashioned paper way. I like the ability to upload receipts online and the electronic approval process. It is very easy to view a report history of what was submitted as a reference. With the Concur App, you can also take pictures with your phone and upload receipts automatically to your account. This is helpful especially for those who lose receipts all the time. You can also forward e-receipts to your account by email. Our company also uses the booking travel feature - what I like most is the ability to see the cheapest airfare available through a matrix. Once your airfare is booked, you can easily add a rental car and hotel to the travel request.

Cons

Concur has many features, which can take some time to learn. Fortunately through experience, I was able to help my staff solve some of the issues when they come to me. I think this is due to having some many features and not be able to learn them all at once. There are many shortcuts that staff may not be aware of such as allocated expenses in bulk, rather one at a time.

Easy way to track and report expenses

Overall, the best expense tracker that I have used. I would say that the features are always updated to help manage daily work for someone who remotely handles projects and needs the latest and most efficient way to work. This takes away a lot of the old processes for handling expenses.

Pros

As a weekly traveler, my expenses add up quickly. This software allows easy import of receipts, tracking of projects, and submission of expense reports. You can use your camera to take a shot of a receipt so that you don't lose it (which is a great thing for me) Managing multiple expense reports, assigning the reports to specific projects, handling foreign tax exchanges, even the submission of the reports and tracking their progress, all made easy with Concur. I like having the mobile app that syncs with my laptop app as well.

Cons

Sometimes it is not so easy to match up specific receipts to the correct expense when you have multiple ones for the same vendor. Not sure how to remedy.

Streamlines coorporate Travel Bookings, Approvals and Expense Reports in one application that is somewhat easy to use.

Pros

Great implementation experience. Nice workflow that you can customize and set up for your company needs. Nice interface and UI for users. It is great that there is an app to use when on the go. Love the fact there are integration capabilities that you can build out and customize to extract data to then ingest into other software.

Cons

User support is very hard to deal with in the fact that you have to submit 'cases' via the website and do not always get the correct person that understands your wants and needs....I find this extremely unbearable support after coming out of implementation where you had a dedicated rep that could communicate effectively with you and understands your custom set up of the system. The client service rep after implementation does little to no help with requests. The administration of the system is cumbersome and very complex. The admin has a lot to learn and a lot of different areas of the system to manage. The mobile application doesn't allow for all necessary functionality for users for approvals. System outages have gotten better but occur way too frequently.

Mobile friendly and seamless expense tool

Overall, Concur has been a huge time saver. We used to have to use excel sheets to submit expense reports. Now, it can happen in real time, and it's much easier to process the reports and submit payment quickly.

Pros

The best thing about Concur is that the app user experience is fantastic and reliable. It's easy to take pictures of receipts, or even link your purchases to your Concur account to log automatically. When I use Lyft for work, for example, I use my "business account" to book the trip, and the receipt and trip log automatically in Concur. Another great thing about Concur is it's integration with TripIt and the ability to book work travel within Concur.

Cons

The travel booking is a bit clunky, and doesn't allow for integration of certain rewards programs, like Hotels.com. It also doesn't always catch all options for your search criteria. For example, when searching for a hotel in New York City on specific dates, the cheapest hotel I could find using Concur's Travel was $500 per night, but when I went on Hotels.com, I found one for $300 per night.

Submit expenses instantly

As part of the SAP suite, the Concur Expense platform ties in perfectly with the other SAP solutions. From a Finance perspective, this simplifies reporting and journaling processes and makes it almost automatic.

Pros

The SAP Concur Expense platform removes all of the excuses when it comes to expense claims. Lost or illegible receipts, late claims - Concur handles it all. The platform can accept receipts by upload, direct email or via the mobile app. There really is no excuse for not being able to instantly submit an expense. The accompanying mobile app is great for employees that travel regularly. There's no need to keep a stack of paper receipts. Simply take a picture of the receipt as soon as you receive it and Concur will analyse it, upload it and assign it to the appropriate charge code, ready for approval and submission.

Cons

There are times when the platforms struggles to identify the details on a receipt - the date, amount, item purchased. Given the varied nature of receipts, however, this isn't the norm and having to manually adjust an entry every now and then is a pretty good compromise. One of the features of Concur is that it will automatically assign the type of purchase to a receipt. For example, if you purchase a coffee from a café it will assign this as a Food & Beverage expense. While that's true, that may not be how every organisation categorises that expense. This requires the user to review each and every upload to ensure that the various fields have been assigned per organisation procedures not be the Concur default.

My Review of SAP Concur

I am the administrator of Concur in the company where I work, together with my team. We use SAP Concur at our company to manage travel & travel expenses. It was the best thing that ever happen to us regarding expenses & travel - very good management and very custom content in order to adapt each reality to the tool.

Pros

It is very intuitive, very flexible (since we are connected to other systems and it works quite well). It is a tool that offers an endless number of features that any company would like to have in order to optimize its employee expense & travel management.

Cons

The only cons against SAP Concur I find is that, being a person who implements Concur projects in several countries, SAP Concur only works with country specifications when these are legal requirements. That is, if it is not a legal requirement but it is a constant practice of the company, Concur does not provide it. I think this is a cons against the tool, since it leaves users unhappy and in need of more (most of the time what happens is that users gain some features, but lose others - country specifications - that were already automated in tools previously used). However, I love the tool and I think it is a great asset.

i Concur

My overall experience with SAP Concur is fine in general. There are some issues they can definitely improve, especially when itemizing. Other issues I may encounter are partial reimbursements for employees. For example, if an employee books a hotel for a business trip but decides to stay an extra day (but it's a personal trip). It gets combined onto one bill that is paid with a corporate card. Concur doesn't make it easy for me to break down one expense so that one is billed to the company and one is reimbursed to the company by the employee.

Pros

It's pretty intuitive and you can figure out how to use it rather quickly. It looks a little overwhelming when you first look at the dashboard. I manage my own expenses as well as for numerous executives at my company.

Cons

I've encountered numerous problems when using this software, but I am not sure if it is a Concur problem or if it is based on filters my company might have imposed. It is still useful to bring these issues up in case other people may encounter them. Specifically when I enter expenses for other people I do not have the option of selecting "missing receipt affidavit" so I had to instead submit a PDF...

Easily the best program out there

Benefits of paperless expense reports is not only environmentally friendly, but the way to keep up in a busy never-sleep world of business.

Pros

Great program. You are able to upload receipts and even use your mobile for pictures and logging trips/expenses and even meals while travelling. The best feature of this is the mileage calculator. If you are like me, you travel for work. All you simply do is enter your starting point, and end point, and it does the rest! You can select one way trips or round trips, and the mileage gets calculated automatically. Reporting out of the software is great as well, and breaks everything down perfectly for those days in audit. Must have for any professional whom wishes to avoid paper expense reports!

Cons

I couldn't find anything I did not like with this software. I have used many before but hands-down this is the crème de la crème. I wish more companies used this program, it's easy, accurate and gets the job done in little time.

Great software for small to medium sized businesses

Overall, i’d say it’s a great software to start with, but for a business like mine that how now grown to over 1500 consultants, we have to explore other options.

Pros

I liked that the softwares expense platform was very easy to use. The approval flow and reminders are great tools and often come in handy.

Cons

It’s hard to keep track of what expenses have been paid and haven’t been paid. Also the reporting aspect is very poor.

Love and Love to Hate... Concur Expense

Trying to create order from chaos with your expense management process? Concur MAY be your solution. If you are looking to get a hold of your expense management process and have a very well structured idea of how to do it (i.e. you have a well-defined chart of accounts, have policies in place for expense reimbursement, and have an approval process) then Concur is your solution. However, it's a bit lacking for the company trying to create structure in this area, as it doesn't have sufficient documentation on the setup, what decisions need to be made, and the impact of those decisions. It took nearly a year to get all of that adequately set up, and ultimately we have a stronger platform for it, but the guidance to get there was very self-directed.

Pros

Syncs with corporate cards and allows for the team to easily manage their expenses.

Cons

Integration could be stronger, both to QuickBooks and the "Travel" component of their product, which is run through TripIt

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.