SAP Concur Reviews

4.23/5 (1,167 reviews)

Pros
  • The solution did look nice and like something we would have benefitted from using. We never did get it fully implemented though.Jayson B.Read the full review
  • I love how easy it is to book flights and travel reservations. The travel customer service reps are easy to get in touch with and have great customer service if there are ever issues.Judy J.Read the full review
  • Helps to track transactions and creating report for approval is user friendly. Automatically matches receipt with the transactions.Monel K.Read the full review
Cons
  • Also, occasionally (but not that often) a report will be flagged with an error, even though no error is apparent.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • I haven't had any negative experience, but it's hard for me to say since I use very limited functionality.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Also, there seems to be a decent delay from the time a card is charged until an expense is available.Rex P.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Burak Cinar

Best for employee expenses

Reviewed 2020-01-07

Pros
Easy to master and very easy to see and check the expenses of employees, especially if you do this in the AP department.

Cons
The only missing part of this product is lacking the reporting feature. Every reports need to be done manually.

Tawanda Musabaika

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pros
I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

Cons
The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

i Concur

Reviewed 2019-12-14

My overall experience with SAP Concur is fine in general. There are some issues they can definitely improve, especially when itemizing. Other issues I may encounter are partial reimbursements for employees. For example, if an employee books a hotel for a business trip but decides to stay an extra day (but it's a personal trip). It gets combined onto one bill that is paid with a corporate card. Concur doesn't make it easy for me to break down one expense so that one is billed to the company and one is reimbursed to the company by the employee.

Pros
It's pretty intuitive and you can figure out how to use it rather quickly. It looks a little overwhelming when you first look at the dashboard. I manage my own expenses as well as for numerous executives at my company.

Cons
I've encountered numerous problems when using this software, but I am not sure if it is a Concur problem or if it is based on filters my company might have imposed. It is still useful to bring these issues up in case other people may encounter them. Specifically when I enter expenses for other people I do not have the option of selecting "missing receipt affidavit" so I had to instead submit a PDF stating that the employee did not have a receipt. It's an easy fix, but just noting that I do not have the capability to select that option on my platform. There are other issues like itemizing for hotel stays. Even if I enter the number in correctly the system doubles the amount if it's a two night stay even if you have a meal for only one night. Sometimes I would have to divide the amount of that ONE meal into two, which is then inaccurate. Sometimes I purposely enter in 1 night (even if it's more than one night) and enter the total amount of the bill. It's an annoying workaround.

High Tech, Dissappointing progress recently

Reviewed 2018-12-29

Started out strong, but the company’s work quality and responsiveness have dropped the last few years. The new changes are getting to a point of being comically bad.

Pros
We selected this for the integration to company card, the ease of tracking, creating, and approving expenses. It has done all of those very well. It helped us out greatly as a small company trying to manage company cards for over half the company. The pricing model is small business friendly and helps it retain value for almost any business that has started with it.

Cons
Since SAP has purchased them the user experience has gone down hill and is starting to plummet. The latest update is due to be forced on users first quarter this year. It is terrible, not a single redeeming feature and a huge step backwards for user experience. It is very error prone, makes viewing and accessing information almost impossible, and is single handled the worst change I have been seen implemented on an interface. The backend is a hybrid now of multiple peoples designs and many areas of the software seem “partially updated”. Four years ago you could teach to a new users, even admins, in under an hour or so, today everything takes a lot longer and every area has errors in the interface. The list of 3rd party ERPs it integrates to has not significantly changed in 4 years. There is still no automatic way for it to handle company card reconciliation with a statement and the best support is the sales team. That means to get a problem fixed you have to have someone pitch you on spending more, then if you can get them to understand that the product doesn’t work, you might get a call back within a month from support. If you try submitting your own issue, just don’t expect help. I’d honestly be fine with that, if it wasn’t there bill in china shop meant sloth in making UI changes. There is so much half done work, it really disappoints me on whether or not the service will remain usable in the future.

Brian Hall

Reliable Travel Management Software

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-12-05

My overall experience with SAP Concur has been a positive one. Since we have a business administrator who knows the system, they are able to input everything needed and my role is reviewing, attaching required documentation, and sending for approval.

Pros
Utilizing this for travel management, this software is an "all in one" system for our company. From the very start with your request, it has multiple approval steps you can add, along with being able to attach receipts and documentation to every request. You can also find travel arrangements through the software which is handy so everything is in one place.

Cons
The only thing that's a little challenging is that it is a super robust system, which means training and learning everything it can do takes some time. Having a business administrator who's proficient is the best option. There's many steps that have to be set up in the beginning, and a lot of confusing areas. As long as you receive extensive training on the system and company expectations, it will work great.

Daniel Long

Reviewed 2019-12-03

overall, I really think this product is great and a huge improvement from our previous tool.

Pros
it is easy to upload receipts and match to my expenses, either via image or pdf document. the mobile app is a life saver for someone that has trouble with keeping receipts.

Cons
My only complaint is that you can't apply the same image to multiple expenses. This is especially frustrating when you have to split an expenses.

Krishna Chakka

SAP Concur - Expenses and reimbursements

Reviewed 2019-12-03

Overall very positive and I would certainly recommend it.

Pros
It is a SAP product which makes itself a best product. We track expenses, disbursements and corporate perks using SAP Concur. We get expenses file at the end of the day to be sent to AMEX. So easy to configure.

Cons
Nothing much negatives on this product. Only complaint I heard is that it is very expensive for a expense tracking system.

Tércio Yaokiti

One of the best expense and travel report tools

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-11-18

One of the best tools for travel and expense reporting, it has several features. One of the features that stands out is the expense auto-matching. Apart from the web client it also has a mobile app, supporting IOS and Android. Depending on the size of the report, and the number of expenses, some tasks times time, for instance allocating expenses.

Pros
It has a web version, but it also offers mobile (IOS and Android). It has lots of features, like single sign-on (SSO), expense auto-match, integration with 3PP and much more.

Cons
Depending on the size of the report, tasks may take lots of time to complete, for instance allocating expenses. SSO sometimes does not work, and you have to reload the page.

Ivan Cui

Business tool for travel booking

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-11-10

Hard to get started and hard to set up for the first time

Pros
It has a good list of all the sponsoring hotels and flights for business travel with reviews and prices enlisted.

Cons
Costs are very very overpriced on the software and it only supports big name enterprises, not very cost effective for money saving for business

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Sabrina York, MBA

Useful product but still needs work

Reviewed 2019-12-03

The program is decent I believe that it would be helpful to fine-tune the product that keeps the end-user in mind.

Pros
I love the accessibility of the product such as the ability to connect while traveling to take pictures of receipts to connect the expense reports. This is extremely helpful to the employees because it is no longer necessary to retain physical itemized receipts.

Cons
It is not very user-friendly unless you play around with the program. I believe that it has a bit too many features that can cause someone to easily get confused about the actual function they are trying to utilize within the program.

Kristen Alexander

Streamline your expense reporting

Reviewed 2018-11-29

At my previous employer, I was the administrator of Concur and the person who set up the software. It revolutionized the way we processed expenses (which had previously been a manual paper and pen process). It integrates beautifully with multiple banking entities, automatically importing charges as they are posted to your card. It can accommodate e-receipts if the vendor supports those -- car rentals, airline tickets, and hotels being the most common. And if you set the software to require receipts for a type of expense or a dollar limit, users will not be allowed to submit the expense report without attaching a receipt to the line item. It saves so much time from an administration point of view, and the interface is very user-friendly. I would give this five stars and recommend it to anyone, from a small to enterprise level organization. Now, on the downside, my current employer also uses Concur, but they upgraded recently to the beta version, and it is full of bugs. Some of the best and most convenient features have been removed, such as the ability to perform batch changes on expense items and the ability to see at a glance which expense line items contained comments. Support has been completely non-existent for the beta version and we get nothing but run-around and excuses. I have been extremely disappointed with the entire upgrade process and the level of response we have received. Thus, my less than five star review. I hope that they resolve these issues.

Pros
Straightforward administration setup wizard Ease of importing receipts Integration with our corporate bank account, credit cards, and purchasing cards Ability to customize limits and alerts Ease of administering multiple profiles for executives Integration with Expense-It so that users can take a picture of receipts with their phones and have them automatically uploaded to their expense reports

Cons
The Beta version is full of bugs Developers refuse to support the beta version Does not adequately track users who have used their corporate cards for personal charges and owe the company money

Anonymous

Concur - with good implementation by corporate it is nearly perfect

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-12-31

Concur makes keeping track of expenses and submitting expense reports routine and even somewhat fun. It also provides a handy record of where you have been before. It's great.

Pros
Concur makes it very easy to do expense reports for a sporadic traveler: -expenses for the corporate card are transferred automatically (so one does not forget to claim them) -the latest implementation I use even transfers the details of hotels stays (nightly rate, tax 1,2,3 etc.), making it almost zero work to finish these. Long hotel stays with occasional meals used to be the most time-consuming entries. I don't know if this is a new version or specific to my latest employer, but it is much appreciated! - receipts can be uploaded through a mobile Concur app, but also just as a jpg or pdf. (sometimes one has time to take the photo with one's phone, but is not in a good place to enter the details in the app - think - just purchased a coffee, now in boaRding line with a suitcase, phone and coffee). I have not used similar software products from other vendors, except one: Concur is incredibly more efficient for both those writing expense reports and those monitoring expense compliance than the alternative of copying scanning cutting and pasting and spreadsheets - any corporation wanting to increase the productivity of its workforce (and their loyalty) should bite the financial bullet and implement Concur.

Cons
Although the following situations are rare, occasionally an unusual situation maKes things difficult. Usually, asking for help early from Concur and the internal corporate travel contact is the best course. here are a few: 1. A flight charge and a cognate refund adding up to zero can't be submitted as report. Let this get over 30 days old so it can't be combined with newer charges, and you have to have higher authorities fix it. 2. More common is when a hotel charges for the first night reservation, but the charges on the receipt do not match the folio provided, usually because the taxes are not included. Confuses the hell out of Concur, and hard to resolve on one's own.

Michael Parsons

Very helpful software with many useful features

Reviewed 2018-10-16

My Overall experience is very positive with this software and I am very thankful to have access to it. This software is a major time saver when submitting, reviewing and processing expense claims.

Pros
The software allows me to sort submitted expense claims by date, currency and location. Within the expense claim the software is very user friendly, allowing the user to select from a wide ranges of expense types, departments, countries and entities. Features such as the automatic foreign currency calculation, mileage calculator and integration with corporate credit cards are very useful for the user and saves alot of time. The software is also very customizable by allowing the admin to change expense types departments, managers and other settings. The admin is also able to view a variety of reports that are very useful as well as features such as expense connect automatic payments and allowing access for the admin to act on behalf of another user.

Cons
The website tends to have periods where it is unavailable and doesn't work. This is usually resolved within a short time and the site returns to normal. Also the customer support for Concur could be improved in my opinion as there have been times I have had issues and they have been unable to help me.

It Will Get The Job Done, But Might Frustrate You Constantly Until It Does

Reviewed 2018-12-12

Our entire firm just moved over to Concur Expense, and it has not been without it's issues. I think it will be a worthwhile transition in the long run, however, I need to watch a lot more of the help videos until I get there.

Pros
It is very thorough, and really very detailed. I don't have problems with the reports once I make them, and I feel like the expense process is very thorough. From a company's standpoint, the software makes sense and provides them with a lot of information. It also has a TON of user input checks which are incredibly tedious, but also ensure that everything is inputted properly The app is also really helpful, especially when taking pictures of receipts and uploading them to reports. If I wanted to ensure accuracy and completeness and was choosing a software, I'd definitely go with this one.

Cons
Sigh... all good things have their drawbacks it seems. I'd be lying if I said Concur Expense was user friendly. There are so many error messages possible, and it is not intuitive when trying to solve them all. The error messages are small, and contain limited information as to why they've occurred. Per diem is NOT self explanatory, and my firm had to put out an entire educational PowerPoint on how to input per diem expenses. And then additional help info on basically every other function. Sometimes the system will auto-populate when I don't want it to, and other times it will attempt to categorize expenses into categories that don't make sense. It's not the most intuitive software... and when I finally successful submit an expense report, I'm relieved more than anything.

Kristin Stiles

Streamlines coorporate Travel Bookings, Approvals and Expense Reports in one application that is somewhat easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-02-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Great implementation experience. Nice workflow that you can customize and set up for your company needs. Nice interface and UI for users. It is great that there is an app to use when on the go. Love the fact there are integration capabilities that you can build out and customize to extract data to then ingest into other software.

Cons
User support is very hard to deal with in the fact that you have to submit 'cases' via the website and do not always get the correct person that understands your wants and needs....I find this extremely unbearable support after coming out of implementation where you had a dedicated rep that could communicate effectively with you and understands your custom set up of the system. The client service rep after implementation does little to no help with requests. The administration of the system is cumbersome and very complex. The admin has a lot to learn and a lot of different areas of the system to manage. The mobile application doesn't allow for all necessary functionality for users for approvals. System outages have gotten better but occur way too frequently.

Anonymous

An efficient program for submitting travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel

Reviewed 2019-08-24

Using Concur has made collecting receipts, submitting travel requests, and booking travel so much more efficient than ever before. I come from a background where we use to do everything by paper and getting approvals with signature. With the amount of staff we have, using this electronic system is so much easier.

Pros
Using Concur to submit travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel has been such a time saver from doing things the old fashioned paper way. I like the ability to upload receipts online and the electronic approval process. It is very easy to view a report history of what was submitted as a reference. With the Concur App, you can also take pictures with your phone and upload receipts automatically to your account. This is helpful especially for those who lose receipts all the time. You can also forward e-receipts to your account by email. Our company also uses the booking travel feature - what I like most is the ability to see the cheapest airfare available through a matrix. Once your airfare is booked, you can easily add a rental car and hotel to the travel request.

Cons
Concur has many features, which can take some time to learn. Fortunately through experience, I was able to help my staff solve some of the issues when they come to me. I think this is due to having some many features and not be able to learn them all at once. There are many shortcuts that staff may not be aware of such as allocated expenses in bulk, rather one at a time.

Kara Fujita

Mobile friendly and seamless expense tool

Reviewed 2019-01-02

Overall, Concur has been a huge time saver. We used to have to use excel sheets to submit expense reports. Now, it can happen in real time, and it's much easier to process the reports and submit payment quickly.

Pros
The best thing about Concur is that the app user experience is fantastic and reliable. It's easy to take pictures of receipts, or even link your purchases to your Concur account to log automatically. When I use Lyft for work, for example, I use my "business account" to book the trip, and the receipt and trip log automatically in Concur. Another great thing about Concur is it's integration with TripIt and the ability to book work travel within Concur.

Cons
The travel booking is a bit clunky, and doesn't allow for integration of certain rewards programs, like Hotels.com. It also doesn't always catch all options for your search criteria. For example, when searching for a hotel in New York City on specific dates, the cheapest hotel I could find using Concur's Travel was $500 per night, but when I went on Hotels.com, I found one for $300 per night.

Chloe Helen

Submit expenses instantly

Reviewed 2019-02-10

As part of the SAP suite, the Concur Expense platform ties in perfectly with the other SAP solutions. From a Finance perspective, this simplifies reporting and journaling processes and makes it almost automatic.

Pros
The SAP Concur Expense platform removes all of the excuses when it comes to expense claims. Lost or illegible receipts, late claims - Concur handles it all. The platform can accept receipts by upload, direct email or via the mobile app. There really is no excuse for not being able to instantly submit an expense. The accompanying mobile app is great for employees that travel regularly. There's no need to keep a stack of paper receipts. Simply take a picture of the receipt as soon as you receive it and Concur will analyse it, upload it and assign it to the appropriate charge code, ready for approval and submission.

Cons
There are times when the platforms struggles to identify the details on a receipt - the date, amount, item purchased. Given the varied nature of receipts, however, this isn't the norm and having to manually adjust an entry every now and then is a pretty good compromise. One of the features of Concur is that it will automatically assign the type of purchase to a receipt. For example, if you purchase a coffee from a café it will assign this as a Food & Beverage expense. While that's true, that may not be how every organisation categorises that expense. This requires the user to review each and every upload to ensure that the various fields have been assigned per organisation procedures not be the Concur default.

chris lalonde

Easily the best program out there

Reviewed 2018-10-18

Benefits of paperless expense reports is not only environmentally friendly, but the way to keep up in a busy never-sleep world of business.

Pros
Great program. You are able to upload receipts and even use your mobile for pictures and logging trips/expenses and even meals while travelling. The best feature of this is the mileage calculator. If you are like me, you travel for work. All you simply do is enter your starting point, and end point, and it does the rest! You can select one way trips or round trips, and the mileage gets calculated automatically. Reporting out of the software is great as well, and breaks everything down perfectly for those days in audit. Must have for any professional whom wishes to avoid paper expense reports!

Cons
I couldn't find anything I did not like with this software. I have used many before but hands-down this is the crème de la crème. I wish more companies used this program, it's easy, accurate and gets the job done in little time.

Daniel Mendieta

Love and Love to Hate... Concur Expense

Reviewed 2017-01-05

Trying to create order from chaos with your expense management process? Concur MAY be your solution. If you are looking to get a hold of your expense management process and have a very well structured idea of how to do it (i.e. you have a well-defined chart of accounts, have policies in place for expense reimbursement, and have an approval process) then Concur is your solution. However, it's a bit lacking for the company trying to create structure in this area, as it doesn't have sufficient documentation on the setup, what decisions need to be made, and the impact of those decisions. It took nearly a year to get all of that adequately set up, and ultimately we have a stronger platform for it, but the guidance to get there was very self-directed.

Pros
Syncs with corporate cards and allows for the team to easily manage their expenses.

Cons
Integration could be stronger, both to QuickBooks and the "Travel" component of their product, which is run through TripIt

Jonathan Hogue

Makes Bookkeeping Easy

Reviewed 2019-08-15

My team uses Concur Expense on the regular to keep track of our expenses for the month so we can submit a report at the end of the month. The platform collects our records each month from the attached credit cards and lets us know what expenses we need to find receipts for so they can be submitted as a report for the company. Concur makes this super easy and painless so that we can get back to our jobs after coding our receipts.

Pros
I love that Concur keeps record of payments for the sake of logging our expenses for the month. It's very simple and user friendly as far as creating reports and submitting them. My favorite feature is the fact that you can email your receipts from your email to your concur account so it is easy to attach them to a receipt for simple coding. Overall, the whole bookkeeping process is made super easy because of the way Concur is set up.

Cons
There are occasionally some weird auto-fill issues that pop up when coding a receipt, and there are some cases where it becomes challenging to know how to code something when no options for expense type quite match what the expense was for.

Charles Kahn

As a road warrior with near weekly travel, Concur Expense makes my life easier

Reviewed 2018-10-09

The overall experience has been very positive. There are a few minor quibbles, but overall the tool is relatively easy to use and has made my life much easier when it comes to booking and expensing travel.

Pros
Concur Expense is a great tool for road warriors, especially when linked with Concur Travel, allowing for seamless booking and expense functionality. The app is also great and allows you to submit reports, attach receipts (via the camera on your phone) without having to worry about being near a computer. We previously used a more cumbersome system that required mailing in paper receipts, so this has drastically improved the ease of use and cut down on wait times to be reimbursed.

Cons
There are a few minor drawbacks, mainly around all of the things that need to be specified in the tool - for example, having to constantly enter the business purpose, city of purchase, etc, even for small items like a bottle of water before a flight. To be fair, i'm not sure if that's just my company's settings within the tool, or if that is a universal function. Aside from that, the tool takes a little time getting used to, especially the drag and drop of individual expenses, but once you get the hang, it is pretty intuitive.

Modern Travel Expense Software

Reviewed 2018-09-17

Pros
I like that travelers can attach receipts to individual charges. Travelers and approvers can sort expenses by date, dollar amount, expense type, etc. Organizations can customize Concur to add their own requirements and security warnings. I like that if you choose to print an expense report and click the PDF button, it generates a complete packet with all the receipts and backup documentation.

Cons
Our organization has the Request and Expense modules, and the two don't talk to each other very well. Travelers are frustrated that they have to enter the same information and upload the same documents over again when they submit their expense reports. The expense itemization for lodging is tedious. As an approver, Concur limits my ability to make corrections. I have to send the expense report back to the traveler with detailed instructions of which fields to change, or I need to send them the step-by-step instructions to add me as a delegate so I can make the corrections on their behalf. I wish approvers automatically had delegate authority so we could make the necessary changes, then route the revised expense report to the traveler to review.

siva kumar

Industry leader in employee expense report management

Reviewed 2018-01-20

Employee satisfaction, Less work for accounts payables team.

Pros
The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) expense tracking and management tool delivers a comprehensive set of features, which is easy to use and saves time for both employees and accounts payables team. Concur has many user friendly features like the ability to email receipts and the receipts will be automatically available for the employee to submit. Concurs Optical character reading ability is decent. Concur can be integrated with employees hotel rewards, airline rewards, uber accounts, so that all the spend will flow automatically into concur. These features save time and energy. I have known situations where travelling employees travel all the week and instead of spending the weekend time with family, need to spend hours keying in their expenses in outdated tools. With tools like concur it takes less time when compared to traditional tools.

Cons
There is lots of scope for improvement. The tool can be made more user friendly. The reporting aspect can be improved. To do somethings, it requires too many mouse clicks.

Aubree Stebbins

Great expense management system

Reviewed 2019-07-11

I really like the ease of tracking and maintaining company expenses in one convenient location. As a company with a large number of employees, this system allows the expenses to be tracked as well as reimbursement to employees for expenses they pay for upfront. The ease of direct deposit to reimburse employees is a great feature of Concur. They also offer an app which I haven't tried yet but have heard all good things about it. The ease of training employees is also a nice benefit as it is a pretty user friendly system.

Pros
I really like the ease of tracking and maintaining company expenses in one convenient location. As a company with a large number of employees, this system allows the expenses to be tracked as well as reimbursement to employees for expenses they pay for upfront. You can set it for approval and review needed from their direct manager prior to the reimbursement being issued. The ease of direct deposit to reimburse employees is a great feature of Concur.

Cons
I dislike that receipt management at the accounting review level is very limited but other than that, SAP Concur is a very user friendly system that makes it easy to train new employees to use the system.