Harvest Reviews

4.45/5 (228 reviews)

Bill Bardon

Time and expense tracking and billing

Reviewed 2018-08-16

I used Harvest stand-alone when I started my business. A few years ago I took my accounting online with Xero so I explored many of the time-tracking apps that integrate with it. After less than a year, and countless other apps, I returned to Harvest because I've found nothing easier. I create invoice drafts in Harvest and copy them to Xero for final billing. It's simple, fast, goes deeper if you need it, and is reasonably priced. Harvest fits my business model. I'm a consultant who also does installs, repairs, and remote support. It's simple to set up Harvest with your client list, hourly rates, products and services. Once set up, tracking time and expenses is even simpler! They have a web interface and a mobile app. The mobile app duplicates most of the web features and is very handy when on-site - a couple taps selects the client and starts the clock. Creating invoices is a matter of running an Uninvoiced report, clicking the customer you want to invoice, and editing the items, descriptions, prices and tax rates. Then save the invoice and either email it directly to the recipient or save as PDF to print or attach later. Harvest can connect to Trello, Quickbooks, Xero, Stripe, PayPal, and about 80 other online applications, and has a programming API if you are so inclined. It only took me an evening to write a script to insert all my Harvest-tracked time into my CRM app's notes.

Alex Fleck

A Great, Lightweight App Which Does What We Need It To

Reviewed 2018-12-11

Overall a very positive experience; the software is very simple to use and does what we need it to (allows us to invoice, view income reports and send client reminders on payments, as well as allow them to pay via card online, from anywhere in the world and for the funds to be filtered into our business bank account. Some limitations persist and I wish the company would listen to the community on such items as the lack of statements facility. However, they do offer a large number of external software integrations for proposals, contracts etc. which beefs out the utility and functionality of the software.Harvest is a super-simple app which manages all our client payments and invoicing/reminders for our clients and integrates with Stripe for a seamless payment process. We use it every day and can bill clients in $ or other currencies easily, and provide them downloadable pdf's, payment portals and other functionality (using external app integrations) with ease.

Haja C.

Elegant, Clean and Valuable Time Tracking App - A Staple Product

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-08-21
Review Source: Software Advice

This is a very clean, simple appearing, a non-intrusive app which is actually a very solid and powerful platform. It has the potential to be an indispensable part of modern project-based businesses. Well, the answer is, this basic time tracking app solves several problems all at once. First of all, Harvest is available on all your devices and computers so, whenever you need to track time...voila there it is. It is super easy to set up and use, zero learning curve needed. It's nicely organized by client, so each project gets placed where it belongs. It has idle time detection to prevent inaccuracies. There are several options for arranging your time-based fees and you can even include your billable expenses. The information is not trapped in Harvest platform so you can import and export clients, invoices and other info to your other systems easily. You can easily send email invoices directly from your time-keeping records and accept payments online with integrations. In addition to budgeting time, you can also track expenses for each project in order to stay on track, both financially and time management-wise. This software plus Forecast gives you the potential to be increasingly accurate with time estimates for your clients. Once you take into account all of the software integrations and the API, you really have a valuable central point to manage your business. It helps that this software was developed by a team that had to solve these problems themselves. The company also seems to have good stewardship of the business in social justice and community arenas. I have not yet used the mobile app or API but I am definitely a fan of Harvest!-Intuitive user interface -Cute motivational quotes and illustrations -Great native desktop experience on the Mac -Wonderful integrations with other software, including Harvest's Forecast, Xero accounting and Stripe -A multi-functional API and mobile apps (IOS and Android)!

Fantastic time-tracking tool

Reviewed 2018-09-25

Especially after a recent update, I like how easy the timer is to work with. Simply select the project I'm working on and start the timer. While I'm working it stays on in the background. If I get called away from my desk for some reason, and I forget to stop the timer, it recognizes the inactivity and checks in with me upon return. That's super handy - if I was off the computer on a call related to the project, for example, one button click and it will continue timing including the 'inactive' time. If I got called off to a different project, I can easily put the minutes/hours of 'inactive' time on the appropriate project. If I got called away by something totally unrelated to work, I can toss the accumulated 'inactive' time and either keep working or stop the clock when I get back. It also sends an email reminder after several hours of inactive time - like when I quit working for the day and forget to clock out. No more guessing!

Anonymous

Time tracking made easy and simple.

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Easy tracking for freelancing and agency workflow. Amazingly simple!It's really easy to use and set up. I've been using it for a few years now and it always works great. Harvest has a web platform and also a mobile app, both of them work great with no issues so far. The mobile app is very well done and has most of the features you can find on the desktop version. It has a great feature that notifies you by email when you've forgotten your timer on for a long period of time. It also notices when you're not at the computer and asks you if want to add the time that you were away or subtracted from the current count. You can edit previous counts and you can group them based on different categories you set up. It also works great with Asana. You can start a timer directly from within Asana, linking the Asana task to the Harvest timmer. It works very well.

Leah Jakaitis

Harvest is great for time tracking and billing within small/mid-size companies

Reviewed 2018-12-03

I've used Harvest as an employee to track my time. Additionally, I have done data analysis on exported information from the platform to predict time requirements and resource allocation across a mid-sized workplace. Harvest is an ideal time tracking and billing platform for small- to mid-size companies. Individuals track their time in the desired increments, and then can sub-track their time to particular projects or disciplines. For instance, if tracking time for Client A, time can be segmented into "Client A > Project Review," "Client A > Web Development," "Client A > Business Development," etc. It can flex to accommodate multiple professional disciplines, and provides tallies / time breakouts for each user. On the backend, fairly rich data can be gathered from the platform to analyze time distribution and analysis.

Mike Brady

Harvest ypur time accurately and simply

Reviewed 2018-04-27
Review Source: Software Advice

We like the Orange and White - I know its petty, but in a world of grey-ed out infinitesimally small typeface UIs, Harvest is blunt and to-the-point. After all, who needs Team Members making errors with your TIME!The most important factor is Ease of Use and Harvest shines, the second is its integration with 80 of the top of the line of today's work tools. There are tons of features - we use Forecast and find it invaluable for Team Leaders to scope out their week's work-load and delegate. Thirdly, their customer support is brilliant - no muss, no fuss. The added bonus is that adjusting time at task once the timer has been closed is easy, and did I mention they send a friendly reminder when you've left a timer running? Oh Yes - we do that sometimes too!

Dennis Sievers

The best time tracking software out there

Reviewed 2017-11-23

With Harvest we track more hours than we did with other software. It takes the hassle out of the process. Nobody likes to track his of her hours in complicated and time consuming ways and Harvest solves that problem!It does what it does and it does it best! Time tracking on projects has never been so easy for our organisation. We have used multiple time trackers, but were never pleased with the wat we neede to register the hours we make for our clients. The mac, windows and iOS/Android apps work great. New projects are available instantly and starting / pausing the time tracker is wonderfully done. Managing the projects, budgets and tasks is really easy and if you like, you can integrate it with Harvest Forecast and plan your team ahead.

Jessica Lewis

We LOVE Harvest

Reviewed 2018-02-15

Harvest is incredibly easy to use, and doesn't try to be more than it is. It is perfect for tracking time (the iPhone app is great, too, as it allows you to start and stop time on the go) and expenses, and conducting billing. It also has a surprisingly great reporting section, which is helpful for understanding your own productivity and opportunities. Harvest is also wonderfully customizable to fit your office's individual needs.

Chris Van Patten

The only invoicing tool I'd consider

Reviewed 2018-01-09

It made visualising our project budgets and margins dramatically easier, so we know where our time and money are going.I've used Harvest for years and I can't imagine switching to another tool. It's by far the easiest, best tool for agencies who work on multiple projects with multiple budgets. Being able to visualise your margins and where your team is spending their time is an absolute game changer. The invoices are attractive and always send reliable. The integrated payment options are intuitive and simple.

Alex Wilson

Time tracking made easy, expenses reporting needs work

Reviewed 2018-11-05

Not the greatest - the lack of good expense tracking (you can only bill to a project, not to the task within the project) and the lack of decent mileage tracking make us use other products for these, causing double entry. Support has been less than responsive about the idea of improving it. Lack of any real feature updates in two years. Where is all my money going? The time tracking is easy to configure and works. Makes an easy job of managing my team and gathering their time.

Jahangir Alam

Smart Solution for all kinds time management, tracking & reporting.

Reviewed 2018-10-09

I used to use this software tools for my team as well as for my other team from 2014 to 2017. I should appreciate Harvest team for this amazing online time management tools which are helping now millions of people to track the time including multiple features. I especially love their friendly eye-catching interface including time tracking options feature. I used to submit my all project times I had spent easily without any tension as it showing real time. Pretty amazing!1. simple website design with eye-catching visualization for the essential option. 2. Can be integrated almost any latest software tools like Asana(I used to do this) is amazing sync 3. Reminder for time tracking and project reminder including project owner. 4. Can control and create layer like approval method

Harvest Time Tracker

Reviewed 2018-11-29

We only use harvest to track time and do not really use any other feature of integration or creating invoices or anything. I am not sure we are getting the best value of the software but I don't know if it is capable of doing what we need.The platform is very simple to use and track time manually or with a timer. I like that there is an app so that you can virtually log your time from anywhere. It is a nice platform to keep a log of time year over year for analysis or profitability.

Seamus Moore

Super to tracking and charging my time

Reviewed 2018-11-22

I loved how I could track my time spent on tasks in a live timer mode or I could retrofit the time accordingly based on an educated guess of a task I completed. I could easily extract my time logs to justify the costs of completing particular tasks to a client, which is massively important when it comes to software development as costs can often grown substantially.

Stuart Farwell

Great for tracking time if you're working on a client project

Reviewed 2018-01-19

I use this tool every day to track my time when I'm doing anything for a client. The browser extension makes it quick and easy to select the project and record the hours against it. When you log in you can see how much time you've spent that week / month and download reports for the client if required. The whole team uses this and it's been really easy to get everyone set up and using it.

Anonymous

The linchpin for my business

Reviewed 2017-12-06

Harvest keeps me on time, on budget, profitable, and professional. I could not run my business without it. The price is very reasonable (I hope it stays that way!) and the support team is always fantastic. It's the one tool I use that just never has problems. With other tools and services, I lose time dealing with bugs and UI failures. But I have come to trust and rely on Harvest. And that's why I recommend it to anyone who asks.

Brionne Griffin

Free Version Good for Freelancing

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Invoices for freelance work.I use the free version since I don't have a lot of freelance clients and it does everything I need. I like that I can just go in and create an invoice instantly, or I can track my time throughout a project when the pay is hourly (not project based) and create an invoice based on the time totals. I also like that they let you upload your personal logo and they pull it into the invoice. I think the invoice is also set up very clearly.

Maciej Karpeta

Best Time Tracking app

Reviewed 2018-11-27

As a freelancer who bills clients based on time spent I tried several time tracking apps, but found Harvest to be the best. Here's why: – They have a very good Mac app that is being actively developed, – The overall quality of the software is high and it's very reliable, – The free tier allows you to have 2 active projects, – Good for simple time tracking of your team, – Allows you to track expenses, – Provides detailed reports, – Does one thing and it does it really well.

Rolf Dergham

Reliable and User-friendly

Reviewed 2018-12-06

Harvest is a good option when it comes to basic time management and invoicing needs. It is easy, friendly and reliable to the point of becoming addictive. It have seen it used by freelancers and small companies. You can quickly get started with tracking your time and expenses, keeping track of project progress, invoicing customers, tracking invoices and offering online payment. The learning curve is quite mild.

Scott Mo

Time tracking made easy!

Reviewed 2018-11-18

Harvest has become a seamless part of our workflow, which we've consistently used to accurately track our time. It's helped us quote future projects based on the granular detail we're able to capture using harvest on our current projects. The fact I'm abel to efficiently and accurately track my time against a range of tasks I've previously set up makes Harvest a winner. Honestly don't know how we'd operate the studio without it.

Kevin Coyle

User-friendly time tracking and invoicing software!

Reviewed 2017-11-08

Easy time tracking, reporting, and invoicing. (1) User experience is exceptional. Tracking time within projects is extremely intuitive. (2) Very visual product in terms of forecasted costs on a given project. (3) Reporting is the best part - gather data based on team members, area of work, date range, etc.

Anonymous

Easy to learn & use, essential for freelancers and billable work

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Overall, a positive experience. It helps keep teams accountable to each other, and keeps businesses accountable to their clients. And provides data to improve processes and efficiencies. I like how easy it is to use. I've used it as an employee and as a freelancer. It helps you identify just how long tasks really take, and how to bill accordingly. It also helps you find ways to improve efficiency over time.

Caitlin L

Simple time tracking tool - good UX, but no bells and whistles

Reviewed 2017-01-24

Pros: Harvest is a very simple time sheet tool for project time reporting. Good performance, good user experience, easy to use. Cons: Harvest has poor reporting capabilities - you cannot see Margin for a project in the reporting. This is a basic functionality of time tracking for project management. When I asked Harvest about this, the customer service agent responded "Unfortunately, there isn't currently a way in Harvest to measure profit margins on projects. I'm sorry about that! While we don't have any plans to add profitability reporting right now, it is a common request we hear" This makes our company often question the business value of Harvest and the future of Harvest's product. I challenge Harvest's Product Management team to go back to the basics of Product Management and seriously consider features that are "common requests" from your customers AND easy to implement with the data that you already have.

Dave Seeman

A great balance of functionality and simplicity for time tracking and invoicing software

Reviewed 2017-09-05

Harvest allows us to easily set up projects, track budgets, and bill clients. No frills, just what you need.They have hands down some of the best support of any SAAS company, and for a very reasonable price tag. I almost always get same-day answers. The basic features are very simple to use and are getting even more simple. I love that it has simple time tracking and invoicing that just work.

Joe Payne

Harvest makes it really easy for my teams to track time and invoice for time.

Reviewed 2017-12-05

Harvest has made it easy to track team utilization (critical for a services based business). It also makes it super simple to invoice time (not to mention follow up on invoices). Reporting and team visibility has also been huge for our functional teamsHarvest is easy to use on any platform, and has direct integrations into just about any other productivity tool you can think of. I love the Team visibility and reporting. Invoicing is super easy as well.