Harvest Reviews

Harvest Reviews

4.35/5 (105 reviews)
24,095

Anonymous

I don't admin Harvest. I only enter time into Harvest. I don't like Harvest.

Reviewed 2018-01-11

I personally get no benefits from this software. I'm not a fan. So overall I'm not a fan. That said, documenting expenses is the best I've ever seen in Harvest. It's really well done and simple. Nice and clean, get your photos, get your monies and go. Big fan. That is where my love affair ends with this app. From an administrative point, maybe there are incredible advantages over other offerings. The world may have never experienced such a revolutionary piece of software and I, in turn, am a simpleton; stuck in a world of misunderstanding.

Dennis Sievers

The best time tracking software out there

Reviewed 2017-11-23

With Harvest we track more hours than we did with other software. It takes the hassle out of the process. Nobody likes to track his of her hours in complicated and time consuming ways and Harvest solves that problem!It does what it does and it does it best! Time tracking on projects has never been so easy for our organisation. We have used multiple time trackers, but were never pleased with the wat we neede to register the hours we make for our clients. The mac, windows and iOS/Android apps work great. New projects are available instantly and starting / pausing the time tracker is wonderfully done. Managing the projects, budgets and tasks is really easy and if you like, you can integrate it with Harvest Forecast and plan your team ahead.

Jessica Lewis

We LOVE Harvest

Reviewed 2018-02-15

Harvest is incredibly easy to use, and doesn't try to be more than it is. It is perfect for tracking time (the iPhone app is great, too, as it allows you to start and stop time on the go) and expenses, and conducting billing. It also has a surprisingly great reporting section, which is helpful for understanding your own productivity and opportunities. Harvest is also wonderfully customizable to fit your office's individual needs.

Chris Van Patten

The only invoicing tool I'd consider

Reviewed 2018-01-09

It made visualising our project budgets and margins dramatically easier, so we know where our time and money are going.I've used Harvest for years and I can't imagine switching to another tool. It's by far the easiest, best tool for agencies who work on multiple projects with multiple budgets. Being able to visualise your margins and where your team is spending their time is an absolute game changer. The invoices are attractive and always send reliable. The integrated payment options are intuitive and simple.

Ruth Cole

Easy to track time spent working on a client

Reviewed 2017-05-26

Efficient time tracking that doesn't take much time out of your day and clear visibility on where you are spending your time. The chrome extension makes this really easy to track the time you spend working on a particular client. With the click of a button you can select the client you are working on via a dropdown menu and you just hit 'start timer'. When you stop the timer you can also add in some extra details that are great when you're trying to report back on where your time has been spent. When you log into the desktop version you can view week by week and day by day. You also have access to a dashboard which visually represents where you spent your time.

Dave Smith

Our company has used harvest for the last 5 years and love it!

Reviewed 2017-07-20

Easy time tracking for clients and billing.The ease of use. It is very easy to navigate through and track project time to bill our clients. It is also very easy to pull reports to track hourly rates for clients and see how we are year over year. The software makes it easy to track employee time as well and allow us to keep an eye on who is not submitting time sheets properly to ensure accurate billing and time tracking for client profitability.

Stuart Farwell

Great for tracking time if you're working on a client project

Reviewed 2018-01-19

I use this tool every day to track my time when I'm doing anything for a client. The browser extension makes it quick and easy to select the project and record the hours against it. When you log in you can see how much time you've spent that week / month and download reports for the client if required. The whole team uses this and it's been really easy to get everyone set up and using it.

Anonymous

The linchpin for my business

Reviewed 2017-12-06

Harvest keeps me on time, on budget, profitable, and professional. I could not run my business without it. The price is very reasonable (I hope it stays that way!) and the support team is always fantastic. It's the one tool I use that just never has problems. With other tools and services, I lose time dealing with bugs and UI failures. But I have come to trust and rely on Harvest. And that's why I recommend it to anyone who asks.

Kevin Coyle

User-friendly time tracking and invoicing software!

Reviewed 2017-11-08

Easy time tracking, reporting, and invoicing. (1) User experience is exceptional. Tracking time within projects is extremely intuitive. (2) Very visual product in terms of forecasted costs on a given project. (3) Reporting is the best part - gather data based on team members, area of work, date range, etc.

Caitlin L

Simple time tracking tool - good UX, but no bells and whistles

Reviewed 2017-01-24

Pros: Harvest is a very simple time sheet tool for project time reporting. Good performance, good user experience, easy to use. Cons: Harvest has poor reporting capabilities - you cannot see Margin for a project in the reporting. This is a basic functionality of time tracking for project management. When I asked Harvest about this, the customer service agent responded "Unfortunately, there isn't currently a way in Harvest to measure profit margins on projects. I'm sorry about that! While we don't have any plans to add profitability reporting right now, it is a common request we hear" This makes our company often question the business value of Harvest and the future of Harvest's product. I challenge Harvest's Product Management team to go back to the basics of Product Management and seriously consider features that are "common requests" from your customers AND easy to implement with the data that you already have.

Dave Seeman

A great balance of functionality and simplicity for time tracking and invoicing software

Reviewed 2017-09-05

Harvest allows us to easily set up projects, track budgets, and bill clients. No frills, just what you need.They have hands down some of the best support of any SAAS company, and for a very reasonable price tag. I almost always get same-day answers. The basic features are very simple to use and are getting even more simple. I love that it has simple time tracking and invoicing that just work.

Joe Payne

Harvest makes it really easy for my teams to track time and invoice for time.

Reviewed 2017-12-05

Harvest has made it easy to track team utilization (critical for a services based business). It also makes it super simple to invoice time (not to mention follow up on invoices). Reporting and team visibility has also been huge for our functional teamsHarvest is easy to use on any platform, and has direct integrations into just about any other productivity tool you can think of. I love the Team visibility and reporting. Invoicing is super easy as well.

Jennifer Lancaster

Easy Time Tracker / Invoicing suited for freelancers

Reviewed 2018-02-15

I stopped using Word for invoicing and never looked back, as you can send a receipt so easily, you can send out automated payment reminders to annoy those late payers and not bother yourself.It's simple and I can track all projects. It allows simple Estimates to be accepted by the client. And you can also turn all your billable hours into an invoice in an easy step. Cheap!

Monica Crandall

Best time tracking software for our company type

Reviewed 2017-10-05
Review Source: Software Advice

I love that you can create tasks just for you. In our company we have created our own verbiage and this lets us create tasks just for us. It is so simple to create a new project.

Jessica McCall

Great for timekeeping, estimating and invoicing for a small service or product based business.

Reviewed 2017-06-27

I was able to easily track the time associated with projects and invoice based on those times. It was helpful to have that information not only for the project while it was inaction, but also for archival purposes to be able to estimate future projects. We had several users that contributed to the projects so it was a good tool to see how the project had progressed.I like that it is simple to get started and easy to use. It is so easy, you have to put very little effort into getting started. Billing is straight forward, making estimates is a breeze and the customer service has always been top notch and responsive.

Michael Sallander

Simple Time Tracking Tool I'be Been Using for Years

Reviewed 2017-08-15
Review Source

Harvest is reliable, simple and comes with most of the features and reporting that I need to run my web agency. The integration with Basecamp is essential and the iphone app is a big plus. When it comes to time tracking, the simpler the better otherwise the time won't get recorded. Harvest does an excellent job on the user interface.Interface, Ease of use, integrations

Alexa Tsongranis

Track Time Effectively

Reviewed 2018-01-02
Review Source: Software Advice

One of the things I’ve discovered from doing freelance work is that I was highly underestimating the time it actually took me to do things. Whether it’s something you’ve done before, or a brand new project, managing your time can be tricky—especially when working from home. Harvest allows you to track your time per project and per task. This can be incredibly helpful when you’re doing a few different tasks within the same project or for the same client. Not only will this tool help you better track your time, it will also keep you more organized. It even allows you to create invoices directly in the app.

Caitlin Lilly

Great. This Software is easy for employees to track billable time.

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Easy time tracking and project budget visuals. This software integrates with our task list making tracking a breeze. I like that this software is extremely user friendly. You only have to train someone one time for them to understand entering time correctly.

Talmage Egan

Finally! An uncomplicated time tracking software!

Reviewed 2018-01-11

No fuss, just simple time tracking. It makes me more productive.Harvest tracks time. No more, no less. That's a beauty of it. Name your task and click start. It's that easy. You can quickly edit you task title and adjust your time. I also think the reports are helpful. It's nice to see where you've spent most of your time. I've tried a few competitors and they just try too hard. It took so long to start tracking that I needed a separate tracker just for my time tracker! Harvest integrates with a lot of project management softwares as well.

Dawn Hancock

Hands down best tool for time managment

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Projects stay (mostly) on budget and invoices get tracked and paid through one easy to use system. Super easy to use, not trying to complicate it with too many bells and whistles. Love how it easily translates to invoicing too.

Tracy Moskowitz

I use Harvest every day and could not work without it.

Reviewed 2018-02-21

Organization and convenienceThis software is user friendly and keeps everything in order for our company. We put our hours, expenses, and projects all in one convenient place. It is a must have for businesses. It also communicates with Quickbooks.

Brett Easley

Great Time Tracking Solution

Review Source: Software Advice

The software provides the ability to carry over time entries from week to week and the ability to make notes on entries to provide time usage explanations. Allows for simple to complex time entry.

Samuel Kaley

Simple tool to record time

Reviewed 2017-09-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Easy to use on computer & friendly mobile app (for when you forget to stop time after you leave). It is easy to create new projects and log time in an organized fashion. I also like how it prompts you after you have been idle to see if you want to continue to log the time you were away.

Dave Smith

Harvest Time Tracking

Reviewed 2017-01-26

We use this company wide for 16 employees and it works great. We have been using the software for several years now and helps us improve efficiencies and manage profitability for our clients.Ease of use

Allie Yaldezian

Excellent Time/Expense Tracking

Reviewed 2018-01-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Harvest is super easy to use! It's completely customizable to our needs and super easy to share reports with our clients and team. The app is also great for on the go tracking and reporting.