Hiveage Reviews

4.88/5 (43 reviews)

Nathan Sarlow

I was on board after my first invoice

Reviewed 2016-10-24

Hiveage has made my life so much easier. I can just set it and forget it with most of my recurring billing clients. It's definitely worth the $100 a year to me - just in time savings alone. It's so simple to set up for 1 or 100 clients on one-off or recurring billing. Step 1. Add your client's email and details Step 2. Add your own Paypal (or whatever you want) account info Step 3. Make your itemized invoice - set it to recur every X months. Step 4. Hit send Step 5. Wait for your money System automatically sends invoices, reminders and payment receipts and marks them as paid once the funds come in. I only use Paypal but clients don't need to have Paypal to make payments. You can even track when a client has viewed the invoice. It had perfectly scaled with the growth of my business, and I see loads of room for future expansion if I ever need it. Customer support has always been helpful and ultra fast.

Pros
Simple to use and saves me so much time. Very inexpensive. No transaction fees, just my annual fee based on the services I use.

Cons
Some functions take a few clicks to get to which could maybe be simplified & an alternate default view for showing which invoices are outstanding would be helpful.

Bernard Birgenheier

Awesome little invoicing tool!

Reviewed 2016-11-11

If you're in the market for a simple and streamlined invoicing tool for your small business, Hiveage is the best and most thorough program out there!! We use this not only for billing, but keeping a handle on our businesses checks and balances. We get everything we need in one convenient place and for one low monthly rate. Customer service is always fast and friendly and our customers like the professional look and clear breakdown of what they are purchasing. From all of us at Senchant's Art of Teaching, Thank You Hiveage!!

Pros
Ease of creating clear and concise invoices that look professional. Ability to create income and expenses and export for tax purposes. Very inexpensive and great customer support.

Cons
Default payment button attached to invoices is sometimes confusing for our clients. We do not have this feature setup and would just prefer the button not be there.

Randall Bryan

Hiveage is very easy to use. We use it for all of our recurring invoicing

Reviewed 2017-06-16

Easy of billing and ease of pay for the customer

Pros
1) We like the simplicity of the interface. It's so easy to set u new customers ant d to bill them. 2) We like that the Mobile and Desktop experiences are pretty much the same experience. That's huge for us. 3) The customer service is awesome and they have been really quick to add or tweak features that are really needed.

Cons
There are a couple of things that bug me. We don't get a notification when a customer in auto pay has a credit card that becomes invalid. That's really needed. Also, there is a weakness in Sales Tax reporting. It's based on invoices sent and NOT on invoices paid. In my state (Texas, USA), sales tax is collected when money changes hands.

Fedja Hvastija

Perfect lightweight SME invoicing

Reviewed 2016-10-24

I've tried many invoicing apps to support my consulting business accounting, and Hiveage is by far the most useful. When most of your attention is focused on running your business, apps that are either too complex are just as much of a problem as those which don't do everything you need them to. Hiveage strikes the balance I need perfectly, allowing me to breeze through invoicing with minimal effort.

Pros
User interface, ease of use, clarity, and reporting.

Cons
Could use multilingual invoice templates

Daryl Laux

Great Software for Small Company or Individuals

Reviewed 2017-11-16

Ease of set up and use. Cost effective for the purpose. Others I looked at were very expensive and did way more than what I wanted. This is perfect for small companies/individuals who want to manage invoicing/billing.

Pros
Love the ease of use for invoicing. Easy to set up and customize. I use it daily to invoice advertisers for our daily email newsletter and website. Very easy to maintain.

Cons
Would like to be able to archive individuals/companies I bill instead of the only option is to delete.

Nathan Winski

Reliable, easy to use invoicing for small businesses.

Reviewed 2018-12-19

HIveage has allowed me more time doing what I love and less time worrying about who has/hasn't paid their invoices. Notifications on how long an invoice has been outstanding have been super helpful in terms of reminding outstanding accounts.

Pros
Hiveage has provided me a cost effective way to manage my small businesses invoicing without the hassle of learning something like quickbooks. Being able to access my invoices on the go has allowed me a freedom I din't expect out of a low-cost software. Also, being able to pull yearly reports has helped a lot during tax season! The interface is fast and reliable, I've had no problems with crashing or lost data.

Cons
I wish there was an option to send out an invoice with an estimate header so clients didn't think the quotes I am sending are payable.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Niall Flynn

Very Handy

Reviewed 2019-11-15

Very handy for all to use, the estimate setup is very nice too.

Pros
Its easy to use and connect. Clients can see statements too which is nice.

Cons
Sometimes invoice numbers cant be reused/edited.

Holly Pigg

Great Service

Reviewed 2016-10-20

I have been using the Hiveage since day one and love it. So easy to use and great service!!! I recommend this for any type of business - small or large.

Pros
Very easy set up and love the recurring invoices.

Cons
Nothing

Theric Kon

Where is the customer support team?!

Reviewed 2019-08-19

I had high hopes and want to continue using their service and vouch for their service but with the lack of customer service response on issues that affect our usage I can't recommend anyone using this if they rely on this service for their day-to-day operation. Should be as glitch-free as possible and even if there are glitches any customer service help we need should be responded back within a few days max whenever possible. I'm currently waiting at 7 weeks and counting with no reply back and that's unacceptable!

Pros
One thing I like about the software is that it has multi-currency invoicing which we need and an app where we can issue quotations and invoices on-the-go. Overall it should suffice for most businesses out there.

Cons
The lack of customer service response and also sometimes the platform is glitchy (e.g. you have a product preset and it doesn't pull up when you try add to an invoice, and if you add a new customer during the invoicing stage it doesn't add that new customer details to that invoice after you've entered all the necessary customer details and save those details). These are sporadic issues and becomes an annoyance after a while. They also pitched a custom domain option (which is one of the reasons we've signed up for this) and it worked initially and now doesn't work at all and says the feature is a beta feature (which was never mentioned on their website). When we have an issue with this and contacted customer service we get no response back and when they do they don't reply back. Live chat = non-existent. Email = no reply back.

Response from Vesess

Regarding the custom domain feature mentioned in this review: Hiveage continues to support custom domains, and the experimental feature that was discontinued was SSL support on custom domains (which was not promoted publicly). We were one of the few, if not the only, invoicing software to try this feature, but at the moment we do not have an ETA for re-introducing it.

As a policy we refrain from publicly commenting on matters specific to individual customers.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

John Douglas

Perfect solution to easy invoicing.

Reviewed 2016-08-18

Have used this software for around 16 months now and would not be able to use anything else. It is super easy to get used to and my customers also find it easy to open invoices. Very simple but effective software. Almost functions as a office administrator as it always reminds me if there are any outstanding invoices to chase.

Pros
Very easy to use and navigate

Cons
None at the moment

Pavel Sedach

Hiveage Review - Best bang for the buck

Reviewed 2016-12-26

Best bang for the buck. Back in 2014, I reviewed various services and Curdbee (which turned into Hiveage) was the best for my needs. I am a private tutor (only 1 person accessing the account) that needs regular billing, a summary of all invoices with invoice numbers. Note that this is not a burn software (which is a good thing! Tax people like this!), meaning invoice numbers cannot be deleted/changed (as far as I know) - this allows you to keep records good for the Canada Revenue Agency.

Pros
Cost for software as a service. Too many other companies charge way too much for simple invoicing.

Mark Zoril

Hiveage is Great

Reviewed 2016-10-20

I have been using Hiveage for several years now. I am a financial adviser in the states and, unlike most financial advisers, I bill my clients directly. First I used Hiveage's free service but I upgraded two years to take full advantage of the system. It is a great value! It works very, very well for me. It is easy for me to use and just as easy for my clients as well. I am not an IT expert so it is important that the system be as simple as possible. And Hiveage is! I can't imagine getting more value for what I pay for Hiveage.

Pros
Easy to use and very effective

Cons
I have no cons

Boy Smeets

Hiveage does it right!

Reviewed 2016-09-28

Pros
Intuitive interface, quick and easy to set up, domain integration, great customer service, 14-day free trial.

Cons
Simply, no! They offer everything I need to run my admin smoothly. It would be nice to create estimates/invoices from the mobile app but they're working on that!

Stephanie Huntress

Easy to Manage our Clientele

Reviewed 2018-12-17

Pros
I love this program! We all work remotely in our company, so this program makes it easy for us all to access client info if we are working on multiple projects. We can easily save images, pdfs, any files to their account within Hiveage.

Cons
Only thing I do not like is when I go to download an attachment from the client's portal within Hiveage is that it opens in a new tab for me.

Magdaline Middeke

User Friendly, Easy Invoicing

Reviewed 2019-11-16

I started using this software as a free service, but there was no hesitation when they raised their prices. It serves my purposes perfectly and makes invoicing and tracking projects/payments super simple.

Pros
It's very user friendly with a simple interface that helps me track jobs and payments easily.

Cons
I wish it were easier to find details like when an invoice was sent. This info is buried a little.

Anonymous

Excellent invoicing software compatible with many gateways

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
I like the customizable invoice page, the customizable domain, the variety of gateways to choose from, the ease of use, the reliability, and just the overall experience. I have been using it for over 2 years and not had a complaint.

Cons
The only con I would have is that it can be a little difficult to set up if you aren't tech savvy. I did not have a problem but I've held back on recommending it to some folks because I didn't think they would be able to employ it.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Ishan Sharma

Good Software, Mobile Apps lack a few features

Reviewed 2018-03-28

Pros
Hiveage is a great software for freelancers and consultants and has almost every feature you'll ever want. They have usage based plans which allow you to pay for only what you want.

Cons
Mobile app lacks some reporting features and it can be hard to see some information that's readily available on web.

Rachael Eliason

Exactly What We Needed

Reviewed 2016-10-20

Hiveage has delivered a portable, easy to use invoicing program for our small business. The features have developed over the past few years so that we feel it has every feature we need and nothing that we don't. And it's completely affordable to boot!

Pros
Affordable, easy to use and not over complicated

Cons
Not much I don't like

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Scott Citron

Works for me.

Reviewed 2016-10-06

I've been using Hiveage for years to help run my graphic design and Adobe software training business. From the beginning I've always liked its simplicity, pricing, and support. Perhaps there are other solutions with more features, but for me Hiveage just works.

Pros
Simplicity and support.

Cons
Lack of more export options.

Erich Bertussi

10 years + from curdbee to Hiveage I'm a life time lover ;)

Reviewed 2016-10-22

super low friction fast setup, I recommend it to clients all the time. great support, great people behind the product.

Pros
easy to use and great support.

Cons
no cons.

Dan Kreisher

Super Easy to Use

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2016-09-26

I have been using Hiveage since it used to be Curdbee many years ago. Hiveage revamped some features to give users options from like an a la carte that I find very handy. Super easy to navigate and connects with my major forms of payment. Allows the ability to upload your business logo and just plain works. Its nice to have it send PDF copies of invoices to clients for their records and receipts for payment. Couldn't be happier with my experiences at a price that doesn't break the bank.

Pros
Flexible, budget friendly, connects with major forms of payment, has a mobile app.

Cons
I would like to see the ability to create an invoice from the mobile app.

Pieter Els

Perfect, quick and sufficient!

Reviewed 2016-10-20

Previously I hate to do my invoicing and postponed till the last minute, often way beyond due date. Hiveage just make it so much easier, quicker, it's without hassle, so user-friendly - cant ask for more, and the big bonus I have the comfort of knowing where all my invoices are, available at any time. I will recommend Hiveage at any time to anyone.

Pros
User-friendly, need layout!

Cons
Did not find anything yet.

Boy Smeets

Hiveage does it right!

Reviewed 2016-09-28

I've used tons of online invoicing solutions in the past. For me, Hiveage is the only one that does it right! I was sending invoices minutes after getting started. The interface is fast, intuitive and the invoices look professional. At the beginning of this month I've sent 6 invoices in less then 5 minutes, I knew exactly when people viewed the invoice and with the iDeal & Stripe integration all the invoices were paid in less then a week. One more thing, they're offering a 10% discount on your monthly subscription for a full year! Not sure if the coupon code is still valid but you can atleast try: SAVEMONTH10 Good luck everyone!

Nathan Lastiwka

So easy to use!

Reviewed 2019-11-15

Makes it possible to do daily invoicing and keep on top of things. Great value for the yearly price, and lots of detailed features to use!

Pros
The app is so quick to make invoices straight from my phone through the day.

Cons
Doesn’t seem to save the km instead of miles in the system.

Response from Hiveage Inc

Please note that you can select kilometers instead of miles from Settings > System Preferences (drop down titled "Mileage unit").

Luis PW

Simple yet advanced invoicing system

Reviewed 2019-03-13

Overall, I'm loving Hiveage. It's helping me and my students process payments more easily and keep track of my income and expenses.

Pros
Hiveage provides me with a great way to invoice my students and other clients from one platform. I can create customers and link one-time or recurring invoices. I can also have my customers pay online (I'm using PayPal and Stripe, but it has more options). So I'm finding it really useful. Besides, you can also keep track of your expenses, adding one-time or recurring bills, which is nice.

Cons
I believe the UI could be improved a little, and maybe the initial set-up process should be simplified. But it's nothing too complicated, to be honest.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10