Limelight

Cloud budgeting, reporting & forecasting platform.

Limelight Reviews

Noel B.

Luke W.

Limelight has been a tremendous partner that we are extremely grateful for. They listen, execute and advise on best practices to fulfill our reporting needs and goals.

Kyle K.

Cons

Not being a computer geek, I have learned that all the relations between downloaded data, the input templates and the reports have a complex inter-relations that any little thing can set off wrong.

Julie P.

Inability to change column or row members once a template or report is created.

Kris W.

I don't think there is anything we disliked about Limelight, even the pricing is reasonable, so nothing to complain about.

Jonathan B.

4.6

Best reporting solution for your budget!

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, create, administer and maintain all functions around the reporting. We find it a breath of fresh air with a dramatic leap forward from previous solutions and competitors. The people and service was truly the key as they tailored it to our liking. They are truly a partner that listened and executed well to fulfill our vision.

Cons

There are only minor enhancements that we would like for the software however, the limelight team listened well and already have those improvements in the roadmap in the very near future.

Limelight review

I have to say that I was expecting the set up to be a little bit easier. I understand that every company has different needs so the design is done from scratch but I thought a budget is a budget same for all companies. Not being a computer geek, I have learned that all the relations between downloaded data, the input templates and the reports have a complex inter-relations that any little thing can...

Pros

Being in the service industry, our most important expense is wages and it happens to be the most complex expense in our organization combining multiple collective agreements, progression rates, multiple benefits, and also incudes multiple funds , regions and departments. Limelight designed a combined integration of input from our accounting data base and manual overrides with recalculations that gives us the most accurate budget all the way down to the individual employee. What would normally take dozens of excel spreadsheets in all done through a few templates and flow trough to our financial statements under budget column

Cons

Limelight was able to provide us with all the necessary features so there is really nothing that I do not like in the software. It does take a bit of getting used to to navigate the steps but Limelight provided training and went so far as provide us with our own personal how to instructions .

Exceptional

Pros

It’s reliable, accurate, and fast. If there are any issues, it’s easily fixed.

Cons

I like it all. It all works exactly like it should.

Limelight 3 mths in

The support I am getting from the limelight team is the best I have ever experienced with a software company. I reach out to them, and they are immediately trying to help me out. Great group of people.

Pros

The software offers a lot of flexibility. I can present data in report format which is much more useful than the typical dashboard presentation views in other tools. The ability to use limelight for both data collection applications as well as distribution is great. The natural connectivity to Essbase means I don't have to invest much time in changing my existing reporting platforms to leverage limelight. I have had the tool now for 3 months and have successfully written over 30 reports that will serve 100+ users easily. My management team is excited about what we will be able to do with limelight to minimize data management overhead within the finance organization.

Cons

Graphing needs to be enhanced. Some small tweaks to report development would go along way. Looking forward to seeing version 3.

A big upgrade

As our single largest expense item, workforce planning is critical. Limelight has helped us gain more accurate projection capabilities into our workforce, utilizing employee-specific data, linked with actual payroll data (from ADP) and the ability to see historical paid hours and project specific hours by employee into the future. Often our prior projections involved carrying forward current month actuals, maybe including new hires we knew about, but often inaccurate. Now we have projection employee counts, accurate paid time (even during holidays and breaks) for nearly 2,000 employees

Pros

The workforce planning tool has been the biggest improvement to our processes, providing insights and projection accuracy that we didn't have previously. We're able to get both employee counts and paid time historically as well as projected values through our projection period.

Cons

While the workforce planning module has been the most useful tool to us, it's also been the most challenging to set up and run. This was a new process for us, and we have 35+ end-users in limelight. Most of our challenges have been creating an environment with intentionally limited input options so users don't "break" the calcs. Limelight's support team has been very responsive, even after go-live...

Still at the starting line but excited for where this platform will take my team

If every sales team and integration team were like Limelight, the business world would be a better place. All too often in my career, the sales teams justified the reputation of the "Sales" guy, constantly over promising while the platform underdelivered. The disconnect between the sales team and the implementation team was, more often than not, a gap that could rarely be filled. From my first conversation with the reps to the continued working relationship I carry with the customer reps, I have every ounce of confidence that Limelight as a platform, and as a partner, was the right choice for our team!

Pros

Right from the start, the platform was visually familiar and seemingly uncomplicated. Its ability to communicate with our accounting software, virtually seamlessly, promised to increase our ROI on the time committed to completing variance reports and conducting variance analysis. Throughout the demos I couldn't help but think "this is too good to be true, nothing is this easy". I was convinced of its benefits from the end user perspective but was concerned about the potential complication of the back end or maintenance of the software. Much to my surprise, Limelight was true to their word, the back end and maintenance has been just as smooth as promised.

Cons

Given that I am still in the construction stage, I am not in the position to comment on this aspect as of yet. So far, I am extremely pleased with the entire process, as well as the amazing team that introduced us to Limelight along with their colleagues who have worked with us to build the platform to suit.

Exceptional product

It's allowed us to supply the Business unit leaders with the proper financial reporting and give them insight to each and every account down to the penny. It's opened up a number of possibilities in regards to budgeting better and forecasting on the fly. Limelight has allowed us to hold better control of our expenditures. Love this product!

Pros

I love the ease of use and the availability of reports it's capable of producing. It's helped with our closes and FP&A reporting tremendously!

Cons

There isn't much if anything that I haven't liked with this software. It's super easy to use and allows instant reporting for financial presentations.

We gained faster reporting and analysis

Limelight is adding tremendous value to our organization. Users find it easier to adopt the system and we now have a centralized place for budgets, expenses, and reports. Information is so much more readily available to our senior management.

Pros

It has a better user interface than the native TM1 software.

Cons

We were hoping to have Single Sign On right out of the gate but owing to our specific environment in our company, it did not go smoothly during implementation and we needed to push it to the next phase.

Great solution and team

Pros

Easy to implement with support of Limelight project management team. Flexible product. All cloud so easy to deploy within the organization.

Cons

Nothing negative yet on Limelight implementation and use.

Limelight Financial Software

Our company struggled to pull financial information and our monthly reporting package was over 120 tabs in Excel just to make it work. Limelight solved all of those problems and we no longer have to prepare Excel financials, saving us time and money. It also has enabled us to perform analysis immediately and drill-down into the details. We couldn't be happier with the results of Limelight.

Pros

The best part of Limelight is the ease of use. It's very user friendly and easy to pick up. It does not require hundreds of hours of training like other software does. It does exactly what our company needs and the entire Finance department was able grasp the functionality within minutes.

Cons

We have no cons, it works exactly like we had hoped.

Limelight Review

Pros

This software has enabled our company to have instant P&L reporting , whereas in the past we had to make manual reports every time to needed to run financial data.

Cons

The only thing i don't like is that I cannot drill down to GL activity.

Slice data any way you want to!

Pros

Limelight's ease of use to slice and dice financial information is second to none. Whenever there is a financial question, limelight is there to solve it. The continuous support of their staff has also been key to our analytical growth as an organization.

Cons

The only real con would be to standardize more of the expressions rather than having to know code (ie: previous or next member).

Lots of value add

Since the time we implemented Limelight, it has been so easy to close the month and easily figure out any miscoding, it's been an amazing experience so far. The budgeting and forecasting has never been so easy. The support from the implementation team and the project managers has always been excellent.

Pros

The ease of slicing and dicing the data to get the answers you need, easy filtering.

Cons

Needs a sort and search field on payroll resource planning template.

Currently in implementation....

Experience to-date has been very good from the start of the engagement, through the sales process and contact signing. The Lime light sales team was very easy to work with and were not your typically "sign-a-deal today" type of crew which was refreshing. We have not yet pushed Limelight into a production environment, but are confident that the cloud-based planning and reporting solution will greatly improve efficiencies and controls with our annual planning and quarterly forecasting process.

Pros

The implementation process has been proceeding on schedule and our implementation consultant truly understands the FP&A function which has added great value to the process. While we're not yet complete with the implementation, the process has been very flexible allowing complete customization to our company specific requirements, including reporting We are looking forward to our user acceptance testing and go-live.

Cons

At this point in our process, I have not identified any cons and the application is on a path to function as advertised and provide the value and efficiencies we were seeking as we move away from an Excel based planning tool.

Awesome CDN service!

We've been using Limelight for quite a while now as our main CDN system. The experience has been great so far !

Pros

Customer service is really good. The CDN functionality is awesome and helped speed up our website considerably.

Cons

I don't think there is anything we disliked about Limelight, even the pricing is reasonable, so nothing to complain about !

Pretty good product for what we use it for.

Limelight is good for basic applications. As the company matures, the software is becoming more versatile.

Pros

Simple software. It works well for simple applications.

Cons

Lacking some functions since it's a relatively new product, but the engineers are constantly working to improve.

Limelight review

Experience working with Limelight team and customer service is great. Quick to respond to issues or other questions.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and manage.

Cons

Inability to change column or row members once a template or report is created.

Limelight Report Writer

Pros

Ease of use is a big plus as well as ability to create your own reports.

Cons

No drill-down ability but that's not something the software ever claimed to do. In the future if Limelight can bolt on to ERP for real time drill-down ability, I would be interested in that product.

Limelight Software

Overall my experience with the system is very positive. It eliminated most of our Excel workbooks that we had been using for budgeting and centralized all our data. Currently working on making some minor tweaks to make things easier on the end user, and the support received from Limelight has been great.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. It functions similarly to Excel which made it a great choice for my company since we were on a very tight implementation deadline. The support is also great. Any issue that we had while implementing was addressed immediately and typically only took a day or two to resolve.

Cons

The software does have its limitations. Our company structure is very complex which made it challenging at times to integrate certain aspects of our budget into Limelight.

Maxim Crane

Honestly, the turnover within the project team has been somewhat frustrating. I have had multiple project managers, and now several account reps. Not having consistency has been a challenge.

Pros

The functionality is very strong, and like the excel based platform that makes it very easy to navigate through.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about the software.

Best in Market

Limelight allows considerable flexibility to drill-down within reports to see what was driving a specific reported result or variance.

Pros

We reviewed several sw solutions that were much more expensive and Limelight was the most flexible and simple to use. The team at Limelight really "gets it" -- they should open a recruiting service!

Cons

Some basic items had to be requested -- such as printing on 11x17 paper -- but Limelight is nimble and addresses any concerns.

Solid for planning

Pros

Limelight gives a solid base for planning and productivity.

Cons

Very focused, haven’t been able to expand it to other projects