CharmHealth Logo

CharmHealth Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.62/10

See full reviews by rating

It is visually intuitive and easy to navigate. I am really satisfied and happy with Charm EHR.
We use Charm for a Telepsychiatry company with all TeleHealth visits. Charm has been responsive to our product inquiries and integration options.
When I contacted customer service for anyone who can handle this case, the only thing I got was "sorry", and then no more after, the chat was terminated. Not accurate patient's due and reports.
But they have limited hours and can sometimes be difficult to get in touch with. That being said they usually respond within 24 hours.

MS

Matthew S.

Physician

User Friendly Effective EMR

Transcript

Matthew: Hi. My name is Matthew. I'm a pediatrician, and I give ChARM EHR a rating of five. We've looked...

Charles C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Very solid value EMR

For us, it was a system that would be device agnostic. Charm works on any computer or mobile device with an HTML5 compliant browser.

Pros

Easy to get started. Has a very approachable user interface. Easy learning curve. Always improving. The company listens to customers and incorporates improvements based on feedback. Comparatively very inexpensive. Integrates with labs, erx solutions, and e-commerce solutions.

Cons

Customer Service is offshore and is not "real-time". But they do respond and are usually helpful. It is a trade-off for the pricing of the software. Some design issues in billing involving the integrated billing clearinghouse and downloading ERA's, and real-time eligibility verification requires a workaround to normal practices.

SF

Suzanna F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Charm is agile and cost-effective

I have used Charm for almost three years now for my private practice and it is cost-effective and so powerful and customizable.

Pros

Charm can be customized and personalized. There is a steep learning curve, and it is worth learning and making your own. I bill, send invoices, schedule, use the website scheduling widget, chart, communicate through the secure portal. The support team is constantly innovating and improving the product.

Cons

I loved the Zoom integration when it was impossible to get HIPAA compliant Zoom for less than $200/month. Now, it is no longer as cost effective. Support sometimes takes up to a week to respond to an email, though I have had good results with chatting with support through the website. Like all programs with legacy code, some of the templates that I have used for years get a little buggy. I wish the patient portal was mobile-friendly; it works best on tablets and desktops.

JA

June A.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Big issue with billing, very difficulty to get responds from the company.

EHR was OK. Billing related is nightmare. Poor responds from certain people from company!

Pros

It looks clean, modern looking, more user friendly than my previous one.

Cons

Billing and customer service is a nightmare. I started using Charm Billing back to October 2020. I got a zoom training for about an hour or two, during the training, there was one or two insurance was put into the system. After that, I was told to do it myself. However, I could not login for a long time. Finally, I had to set up another login in order to get into the right place. Until March 2021,...

SC

Sara C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Best EHR for value

I sampled several EHR systems last year and ChARM had most of the qualities that I wanted a administrator and clinician. I really enjoy using this EHR system and it is easy for my clients to use as well to sign paperwork and access resources.

Pros

I really enjoy that I can customize all of my notes and templates that I need on a daily basis. I also really enjoy that everything can be electronic and all paperwork can be sent to clients and have signatures in real time.

Cons

I feel the customer services could set up EFT and enrollments for payers to make it streamlined and easier for the provider.

MS

Matthew S.

User Friendly Effective EMR

An effective EHR for us as compared to other software packages that is easy to use and cost effective for a smaller practice. Many enhancements have been made over the past 2 years which has made it even more attractive to use.

Pros

We changed to CharmHealth about 2 years ago after using PracticeFusion which did not have the flexibility we needed to add information. This software is easily customizable and has a vast library of templates for pre completed notes. It was easy to customize and had all the features we needed. Calendar is very user friendly and integrates well with the EHR. Can easily print out hard copies of anything we need and especially immunization records which are frequently requested by patients.

Cons

Although it hasn't been an issue for us, for a very large practice the cost could get rather high as compared to other EHR platforms. Since I have a relatively small practice, the cost is not an issue. There have been problems with sending eprescriptions - The software can not locate the particular medication and you must know the generic as well as the trade name on occasion to get it through. There...

PR

Phyllis R.

Used other for 6-12 months

A Practical Approach to Integrating an EHR into a Medical Practice

I would definitely purchase this EHR again. It is saving time which is now spent on developing and maintaining our patient base. The recall system has been most helpful. Automating the process for upcoming appointments and lab tests has eliminated a patient from not having the proper screenings prior to the Doctor's appointment. It also keeps the patient from getting 'lost' because a recall wasn't done.

Pros

The software is user friendly. Setup is not difficult. Learning the system is logical. Being able to access the different elements of the Charm EHR helps with training the employees using the system. As they begin to integrate the information about the practice into the Charm EHR their initial orientation reinforces the information they need to complete their tasks. Being able to add different programs is a plus factor. You don't become overwhelmed with too much information at one time. If there are problems support is there to assist where assistance is needed.

Cons

I would like to see Charm use videos with explanations that can be downloaded as slides in order to be able to quickly reference the items being taught. Chatting is fine but when you are interrupted and come back to what you were doing there maybe a lapse of time whereby you are not able to recall exactly what you were suppose to do to resolve the problem. Perhaps U-Tube could be an answer if Charm doesn't have their own site setup. This would be a more user friendly method of learning the EHR.

EE

Emily E.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Great for solo-solo practice!

I am happy with my selection of Charm. I have been using it for 15 months and have worked out the kinks in my processes. As with any EHR, not everything is perfect, but it fulfills my need. And the cost is well worth it!

Pros

I like everything being in one place - office notes, appointments, faxes, documents, patient messages, appointment requests, billing. I went from a totally paper practice to Charm, and could only do so because of the reasonable cost of Charm. I am more organized and can respond to my patients as I should in the electronic era.

Cons

Creating my own templates is time consuming, but I appreciate being able to use templates developed by other practices as well. I wish it came with a virtual assistant!

CR

Christi R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great value for the price

Our practice partners want to practice medicine. They don't want to spend all their time on the computer. As a Telehealth focused practice we want the systems to ease our note taking burden and this EMR does that nicely.

Pros

CharmHealth has been a great find for our practice. The setup time was next to nothing and the ease at which our providers were able to learn the software was surprising.

Cons

The scheduling portion of the software is the one area I think the product owners at CharmHealth could really improve. The limitations are not insurmountable, but compared to the rest of the product, this area could use some updating. It isn't easy to set up block time and if you want the patients to be able to schedule the times at which the patients can see on the web are not customizable to the practice leaving very little options for the practice. I think this is the biggest opportunity Charm has for improvements. The other improvement suggestion comes in the way of being Telehealth focused. There are several areas in the product that still focus heavily on having an office (like uploading insurance cards), however, if we aren't in the office that becomes a challenge,

MC

Margo C.

Excellent EHR system

At first I insisted on meeting staff and it was not welcome at first however when I was able to touch base with an instructor it made a huge difference to learn it’s functionality.

Pros

The software is practical and you can use it on a cell phone which is great. I do home visits and it is very helpful.

Cons

There is a learning curve to use it but once you learn it it is great.

PS

Peggy S.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

ChARMed

Getting all of billing services set up - just need the equipment and a little more time to implement this component.

Pros

Flexible program, HIPAA & HITECH compliant. Superb support staff!

Cons

More resources for therapy providers would be helpful.

AF

Autumn F.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Review of CharmHealth from a solo practitioner

I really appreciate the online scheduling feature. As a solo practitioner (with no admin support staff), this has been an extremely helpful feature. My patients love it! It saves a lot of time for me and it encourages patients to schedule multiple appointments as they see the scheduling filling up. Thank you!

Pros

I really appreciate the availability of the support staff. I have used the online chat several times, and most of the time my question is answered in a few minutes. With more complex questions, I still get a response within a day or two. Thank you! I also really appreciate the ease of updating/personalizing my Charm account for online scheduling and appointment types.

Cons

I work with several compounding pharmacies and it is extremely difficult to write a prescription for a compounded prescription through Charm. Several of the standard pharmacies in our community do not like the way that the fax or e-prescribe feature places the electronic signature - it is difficult for them to determine if it is signed "dispense as written," or if it is signed as "substitution permitted."...

NB

Nerissa B.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Love my EHR

CHARM has made my life so stress free. I love it and even my families love it. They love the portal and the ease of using it. When COVID hit, I was able to transition seamlessly to Telehealth. The fact that the organization even offered it free for several months to encourage users to use Telehealth was amazing. I highly recommend this product and have told others about it because it is so easy to use!

Pros

What I love about CHARM is that it is user friendly. I have my own part time private practice and I knew I needed something that I could get up and running quickly, keep me organized and compliant. CHARM is the answer! I never loved EHR systems before I found CHARM. Having tried other packages when I was in academia, everyone gripes about EMR systems. But CHARM "works like a charm!" I could make my templates by dragging and dropping easily, I could make changes if needed easily. I uploaded all my blog handouts to then quickly put in patient portals. SO easy to use! I love the quick text feature. I love the auto populate feature too!

Cons

The only thing are these: 1) in the event that I have a patient whose parents are divorced, they both want and need access to me to send me updates. The portal right now can only accommodate ONE user log on. Sometimes divorced parents do not want to share--which is understandable. 2) Support is not instantaneous. They have a chat but someone is not necessarily on there 24/7 to answer and provide support in real time. I had two instances where I could not get logged in right before a clinic day. Luckily it was fixed in 20 minutes but again It would have been nice to have someone right there responding to my urgent messages knowing it would be handled.

AB

Aaron B.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, complete package

I've been a happy user of the software for over two years and it has helped me be faster and more efficient with my note taking and patient tracking than most of the other EHR software I looked into.

Pros

Simple and easy to train new employees on. Efficiently handles scheduling, notes, insurance, payments, and ability to get analytics out of software is also nice.

Cons

Applying payments when paying multiple invoices at once is slower than making and applying payments to one invoice which is automatic and very efficient.

SW

Shawn W.

Strong EHR (Charting) with Superior Patient Engagement Features

Pros

The software is remarkably intuitive. Very easy to navigate from patient setup, scheduler, charting and billing. Charting can be easily customized to your own needs which you can do yourself easily without assistance from "tech support". What really stands out with this EHR compared to others are the patient engagement features. The Patient Portal enables easy document sharing including questionnaires,...

Cons

Only limitation I've noticed is related to case management and the ability to tie several encounters/visits and related documentation under one case. I believe this is a planned improvement. Technical support can be challenging to get on the phone.

MW

Mignon W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Customizable, Affordable, but Customer Service may take DAYS!

Outside of issues with electronic prescribing and customer support- which are SIGNIFICANT!, the EHR is otherwise almost perfect for my clinic. I am hoping they can figure our a more robust customer service, or better train their frontline employees to really make this a 5 star EHR.

Pros

Easy to use and get started. Customizable templates and a library of emails, consents, visit templates, etc are available to use from day one.

Cons

Customer service by phone is not available 24/7 as advertised. The support by phone is not knowledgeable to help on most issues, and frequently I have to figure the issue out myself. There can be a 2-3 day delay waiting to have your issue resolved from India. For some issues that's okay, but several times not my electronic prescribing has been offline for more than 2 days with patients suffering...

KP

Khanh P.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

An EHR system that will grow with you practice

Pros

I love that Charm EHR has designed the software with the focus of integrative/functional medical doctors in mind. The forms and questionnaire templates that have been shared by other practitioners has been helpful. The software is very easy to use. I especially love the inventory functionality which a lot for EHR's are missing. The pricing scheme is suitable for new offices and the add on features are great as the practice has grown. The support desk is also very helpful and replies in a timely manner.

Cons

I wished there was an ability for patients to fill out questionnaires when they are in the office without having to sign into their account. Many patients do not remember their password without their computer. It is hard to expect all patients to fill out their questionnaires before they get to the office.

LF

Lisa F.

ChARM review

Now that I am starting to put all my intake forms, questionnaires, etc. into ChARM, I find it much easier to get a patient set up. I love having easy access to all the patient info, also. I can't wait to get all my inventory and such into the program. What a huge time-saver it will be!

Pros

This software is robust, professional, and grows right along with my practice. I am using it more and more. I have had a difficult time transitioning from paper charting, but ChARM is beginning to win me over! It is an incredible value.

Cons

the ability to chat online with someone in real time when I need help. I like that I can FB message, but having a speedier reply than an hour or two, would be cool.

SF

Stephanie F.

Alternative Medicine, 11-50 employees

Ease of use and comprehensiveness

Overall I am very pleased with charm. It is ease to use, offers lots of reports and analytics, and everything is contained.

Pros

I love that everything (records, charting, scheduling, communication within office and with patients, billing, supplement inventory) is all contained within charm.

Cons

Inactive patients are treated no differently from active patients. Once inactivated, a patient shouldn't be able to have an invoice or encounter created. Inability to relabel or change dates. Searching is also a challenge. If there were a way to have a search bar that searched the entire patient chart (messages, tasks and comments, quick notes, encounters, labs, documents), that would be extremely helpful.

VR

Vanessa R.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Easy to use platform that streamlines operations

Easy to use, streamlined integrations and patient portal is great. Good price for subscription.

Pros

Cheap and easy to use! Its very intuitive programming

Cons

I cant think of anything. Customer support has been easy to access so what I cant figure out they are very helpful.

AA

Amanda A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Loaded with Features, Expands with Your Practice.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this to small practices looking for a work horse to help them streamline their practice. It's a bit tricky to use initially, but it's well worth figuring it out. They are also constantly updating and adding features to make my life easier.

Pros

I have been using Charm for almost 2 years now, and once you get it set up right, it generally saves me a lot of time. I'm a solo practitioner, so having all of the integrated features is a game changer for me. It meets HIPAA guidelines, generates personalized templates for supplement protocols, has templates for visit types/different charts, and it is free until you have over 50 clients regularly coming in monthly.

Cons

It has a steep learning curve initially, but it's easy to pick up by watching a few videos. Customer service is also great about getting back to you in a couple of days about any of your concerns or feedback.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

For a small medical practice it's a good investement

Having the billing and collections reports intergated to the EHR makes a huge positive differnece, and the price is very reasonable to services rendered.

Pros

I like being able to see waht colleagues are doing with my patinets, and also like the intergrated billing and messaging support. having everythign on one place makes patinet care easier. I also enjoy being able to see patient messages and appointment requests via my cell phone app

Cons

I can't pull up a patient chart on my cell phone app, which makes answering specific questions ont he go difficult. Charm also lacks larger intergration of hospital visits-- we ahve to have other doctors fax results/ notes and enter them manually which can be a bit of a pain and hinderance to patinet care

AS

Andrew S.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Excellent all-in-one solution for management of Integrative Medical Practice

Pros

The ability to customize and create many different templates and structure for our office, has allowed hour office to grow and thrive.

Cons

Occasional challenges with connectivity, but these are often short-lived.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Great for small cash practices, not so great for busier practices

It is OK for clinics just starting out. Once you get beyond 2 patients an hour, it takes too long to chart and bill appropriately.

Pros

Great small all-around software that provides everything a small company needs. You can see a patient's financials from right within the chart, which is excellent. As well as their prior appointments. You can copy over phrases or entire notes from prior as well. e-scripts are easy, but do lack notifications. Scheduling is good. And, patient is able to book their appointments from your website.

Cons

Charting can be combersome. Our main issue is that the billing isn't robust enough. You have to use their system and their billers to get any benefit out of it.

Dear Anonymous Reviewer- Thank you for your review. We would actually love to work with you on the issues you are having! Are you taking advantage of all the billing features? We also have billing support in case you'd like to bill on your own. If you email me at info@charmhealth.com with the Subject: Attn:Billing Help Needed-- I can help nail down the problem and suggest an appropriate solution for you. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

ES

Elizabeth S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Needs more updates for customization that makes sense

I like that telemedicine platform, that is easy to use, and the fullscripts it easy. That's the only thing that really makes it stand out from other EMRs.

Pros

Fullscripts integration, telemedicine, PMP integration.

Cons

There is no orders tab, no diagnostic testing tab. Everything that is a task, can be completed, but not deferred or deleted if not performed. There is no integration of software for diagnostic testing like EKG, Spirometry, or Holter Monitors. The process of customization is not very easy. When a lab order is connected with an encounter it can't be modified through the lab tab (makes NO sense). Billing needs to be updated, it's completely an obsolete system that is being used. More providers would use this if you would fix, incorporate, include these MAJOR items.

Dear Dr. Seymour, Thank you for your review! We are happy you are enjoying some of Charm's features such as telemedicine and Fullscript Integration. Regarding some of the other features you are requesting, we're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with Charm. We value our customers' opinions and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will reach out soon and you should get an email from me to determine how we can provide a solution that makes things right. Yours sincerely, Ranjani from Charm Health

LL

Lisa L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Best EHR I've used

ChARM has been a great experience, with integrated billing, inventory, practice management, and patient scheduling.

Pros

I've used several EHR and PM systems in the past and wasn't impressed until I tried Charm. It has all of the features that we need integrated into one very intuitive system.

Cons

There are some bugs when new features are released, but they are quickly remedied.