CharmHealth Logo

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.56/10

Reviews by rating

When COVID hit, I was able to transition seamlessly to Telehealth. The fact that the organization even offered it free for several months to encourage users to use Telehealth was amazing.
It is visually intuitive and easy to navigate. I am really satisfied and happy with Charm EHR.
We use Charm for a Telepsychiatry company with all TeleHealth visits. Charm has been responsive to our product inquiries and integration options.
When a lab order is connected with an encounter it can't be modified through the lab tab (makes NO sense). Billing needs to be updated, it's completely an obsolete system that is being used.
When I contacted customer service for anyone who can handle this case, the only thing I got was "sorry", and then no more after, the chat was terminated. Not accurate patient's due and reports.
But they have limited hours and can sometimes be difficult to get in touch with. That being said they usually respond within 24 hours.

MS

Matthew S.

Physician

User Friendly Effective EMR

Transcript

Matthew: Hi. My name is Matthew. I'm a pediatrician, and I give ChARM EHR a rating of five. We've looked...

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

For a small medical practice it's a good investement

Having the billing and collections reports intergated to the EHR makes a huge positive differnece, and the price is very reasonable to services rendered.

Pros

I like being able to see waht colleagues are doing with my patinets, and also like the intergrated billing and messaging support. having everythign on one place makes patinet care easier. I also enjoy being able to see patient messages and appointment requests via my cell phone app

Cons

I can't pull up a patient chart on my cell phone app, which makes answering specific questions ont he go difficult. Charm also lacks larger intergration of hospital visits-- we ahve to have other doctors fax results/ notes and enter them manually which can be a bit of a pain and hinderance to patinet care

PK

Patricia K.

E-Learning, self-employed

Speech Pathology use of ChARM EHR

My experience has been absolutely great!! This has been a real gift to me in being able to continue my speech therapy telepractice because it is HIPPA compliant.

Pros

The best feature of this system is that it is HIPPA compliant, which is an absolute must for using this for teletherapy for speech and language. It is reliable and does not have any glitches that I can see. It is easy to switch from a full screen that you can pull up other language apps. It also has a great white board.

Cons

I think the use of the white board could be expanded.

JL

Jennifer L.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

The worst EHR for a medical doctor

This is the WORST EHR ever. Totally inefficient. Wastes hours of time day in and day out. Absolutely horrible help. They never call back or fix the issue. They might fix 1/5 issues after 10 days. DO NOT GET THIS EHR!!! I would change if I were not in an office of naturopaths who have used it before I joined this office.

Pros

Nothing good compares to the bad. This program is the WORST

Cons

This is the worse EHR I have ever used. It is clunky. It wastes so much time. it does not alphabetize drop-down lists. It accesses a database for ICD10 Codes that is completely unusable and a total waste of time. It has completely lost medical records that it should be saving after 1 hour of work. The customer service is TERRIBLE. They will not fix your program. You are asked to write them with your issue but the issues are NEVER fixed, nor does anyone ever call you back. It lists diagnosis codes that are incorrect and therefore put you at medical legal risk. And they charge you every time you ask a question or make a record to try something out during programming.

AF

Autumn F.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Review of CharmHealth from a solo practitioner

I really appreciate the online scheduling feature. As a solo practitioner (with no admin support staff), this has been an extremely helpful feature. My patients love it! It saves a lot of time for me and it encourages patients to schedule multiple appointments as they see the scheduling filling up. Thank you!

Pros

I really appreciate the availability of the support staff. I have used the online chat several times, and most of the time my question is answered in a few minutes. With more complex questions, I still get a response within a day or two. Thank you! I also really appreciate the ease of updating/personalizing my Charm account for online scheduling and appointment types.

Cons

I work with several compounding pharmacies and it is extremely difficult to write a prescription for a compounded prescription through Charm. Several of the standard pharmacies in our community do not like the way that the fax or e-prescribe feature places the electronic signature - it is difficult for them to determine if it is signed "dispense as written," or if it is signed as "substitution permitted."...

AB

Avanti B.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Charm review

Pros

automation!

Cons

paying extra for different features and every little thing

AF

Autumn F.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Charm EHR for a naturopathic medical practice

Charm offers many features that other EHR programs do not not. The cost is low for getting started which has been extremely helpful for me. As I scale my practice, I have been able to add in features as needed (and when I can afford it).

Pros

I like the ease of customizability. The support team is very helpful.

Cons

The e-prescribe feature is a challenge for prescribing compounded formulas.

cn

candace n.

Sears Family Pediatrics

we appreciate the billing and patient charting all in one place

Pros

Yes, this product was affordable and easy to use. The transition was simplified by the efficient, supportive, and kind staff from Charm

Cons

I would not change anything. We do have a 24 hour return time but it has never been a problem

AH

Ashley H.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Well Organized

Pros

Our office has used Charm EHR for a couple years now. Out of all the other medical management software that we have used, we definitely like this one the best. It is very well organized, and easy to use (both for practitioners and patients)

Cons

When issues arise either for practitioners or patients, it is difficult to get the issue resolved with customer service. For example, there is a limit on the amount of messages that a patient may send to their provider, which in general is a great rule. However, the message limit is supposed to reset after each visit, and often times, it does not. Patients often get quite frustrated over not being able to reach out to their doctor, and it creates more hassle for the office as well. If there is a way this can be altered/fixed, that would be wonderful!

CR

Christina R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Affordable option

Pros

This is the most affordable option out there and really provides you the option to grow. If you are a new practice and don't need a lot of bells and whistles, then this is a great option. Fancier features cost more.

Cons

My main gripe was with the online booking. There was no way to customize menus or offer links for one service so the patient is presented with every service available for online booking in alphabetical order. No way to change the order unless you get creative with naming of services. There is also only one option for integrated payment processing which was not good for me, especially since that company took 6 months to respond to me about opening an account.

Shannon C.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

A but challenging to learn initially, but am really enjoying it

ease of access, secure, easy to review charts, HIPAA compliant

Pros

I love having integrated labs, scheduling, chart notes and billing-- having everything in one place is very helpful and convenient. I also like having HIPAA compliant messaging, and an iphone feature where I can see my schedule and treatment rwequests.

Cons

the iphone app is a bit clunky and if a patient emails with a questions I can't access their chart.

MW

Mignon W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Customizable, Affordable, but Customer Service may take DAYS!

Outside of issues with electronic prescribing and customer support- which are SIGNIFICANT!, the EHR is otherwise almost perfect for my clinic. I am hoping they can figure our a more robust customer service, or better train their frontline employees to really make this a 5 star EHR.

Pros

Easy to use and get started. Customizable templates and a library of emails, consents, visit templates, etc are available to use from day one.

Cons

Customer service by phone is not available 24/7 as advertised. The support by phone is not knowledgeable to help on most issues, and frequently I have to figure the issue out myself. There can be a 2-3 day delay waiting to have your issue resolved from India. For some issues that's okay, but several times not my electronic prescribing has been offline for more than 2 days with patients suffering...

SF

Stephanie F.

Alternative Medicine, 11-50 employees

Ease of use and comprehensiveness

Overall I am very pleased with charm. It is ease to use, offers lots of reports and analytics, and everything is contained.

Pros

I love that everything (records, charting, scheduling, communication within office and with patients, billing, supplement inventory) is all contained within charm.

Cons

Inactive patients are treated no differently from active patients. Once inactivated, a patient shouldn't be able to have an invoice or encounter created. Inability to relabel or change dates. Searching is also a challenge. If there were a way to have a search bar that searched the entire patient chart (messages, tasks and comments, quick notes, encounters, labs, documents), that would be extremely helpful.

HS

Hanna S.

Excellent updated product

Excellent! Have been using it since 2016, and still in awe with how innovative they are when they upgrade aspects of the software.

Pros

It's far easier and more comprehensive to navigate than it's competitor products. The customer service and response time is superb (within minutes of hopping on to the chat on Charmehr.com with customer service). Links automatically with Fullscript and Wellevate. Excellent for Naturopathic, Integrative doctors, and acupuncturist style practices. Features can always be simplified optionally.

Cons

I wish I could take CC payments and info for the cancellation's and for appointment confirmation automatically.

SH

Susan H.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Charm EHR for Psychiatric Private Practice

Overall, I am very pleased and feel excited to start to use even more features that I am using right now. I would recommend Charm to anyone starting in private practice in psychiatry. I am very grateful I found Charm!

Pros

I have found Charm quite straightforward for writing notes and managing patients's charts. I moved to Charm from 11 years of paper charts and was certainly nervous to move to an electronic record. I heard from a colleague that Charm had fabulous customer support and that is what made me give it a try. I absolutely can say that I have gotten excellent customer support from Charm. I feel that I still have a lot of functionality of Charm to understand better but what I am using right now meets my needs and I am sure that as I explore more of what Charm has to offer as an EMR my practice will get even more efficient. I went from being scared to start an EMR to excited to have one in 3 weeks with the excellent support. That is pretty awesome!

Cons

I really can't say yet what I don't like about Charm because I have not fully started working with all that charm offers. It's a little overwhelming to get started but I feel Charm support staff helped me through that.

KE

Kelsi E.

Fly

So wonderful genuine staff who are so helpful and positive

Pros

Customizable Easy Reports are diverse

Cons

How much time I have to spend on it Still iron out glitches maybe forever

TT

Temperance T.

Happy as I could be

I use charm to it's fullest extent. It has literally changed and helped my practice grow. They are always improving and making updates to the software and are good at listening to customers needs. Customer service could be faster but once you get up and running it is an excellent product.

Pros

Documentation & scheduling as well as inventory modules are critical to the success of my clinic and movement of patients through the day.

Cons

Customer service really could be a lot faster. It always takes at least 24 hours if not more for questions to be answered no matter how simple they are.

SH

Shawna H.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

very good basic free program

headaches, learning new interface (why? why? why?)

Pros

well, originally it was the ease of use but with this new user interface...not so certain. Like the charting feature, easy to populate fields. Also like the patient communication it provides and tracks.

Cons

the new user interface has too many too small icons with too much info on the desktop. gotta figure out what all these silly icons represent. also why make such a large leap away from what all users are familar with?

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

1990s style is not ChARMing at all

Pros

It appears to have all the features required.

Cons

System is 4 panes arranged horizontally with no way to resize. Messages are displayed in the right-most pane, but on a tablet or phone that pane is squished so you only see a couple characters per line. The website is Buggy, as customers were unable to read messages this week. ChARM isn't responsive to customers, must have authorized contact forward bug reports to ChARM to get them fixed. Also the system does not allow providers to adjust message limits - which is definitely needed during covid lockdowns. There are better solutions out there.

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear about your experience. We would love to connect up with you to see if your problems can be corrected. If you're open to discussing this further, please email me, Ranjani at newsletter@medicalmine.com. We'd greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things right and work toward a smoother experience.

MT

Melissa T.

Alternative Medicine, 11-50 employees

Awesome EHR

We are very please with charm and have recommended it to three other practices

Pros

We love a lot about this software and how it has optimized our buisness- the calendar is beautiful and the features are very thoughtful.

Cons

We wish you could add a resource to the provider calender and book the room- the kiosk feature does not actually check in patients - and insurance is very not user friendly for patients

aw

andrew w.

Excellent small practice EHR solution

Pros

Very intuitive and flexible. Lots of good options for electronic patient interaction. You can usually get someone on the phone to help with questions.

Cons

ePrescribing platform not yet approved in our state (nevada). It would be nice if patients could request their entire health record from within their PHR account, and have access to visit notes. I find the Chat feature intrusive and distracting and would like the option of having it disabled.

KK

Kathryn K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Review for [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

I would like to say that my overall experience with the RCM at charm was good but [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was the most responsive and knowledgeable representative I worked with. I asked her if I could give her a review becuase I was so impressed with her performance.

Pros

It is easy to use. I like the billing platform.

Cons

the calendar is terrible. IT is not user-friendly. Look at schedulicity or acuity and get some tips from them. I

LH

Lonna H.

Excellent EMR for Internal and External Efficiency

This is been the very best experience across my work with this current business enterprise, and my past extensive experience in other industries. The software is excellent and the support teams are always responsive and willing to go the extra mile

Pros

This software is totally intuitive with seamless integration into many other programs

Cons

I really can't think of anything that we disliked

ZW

Zak W.

Design, 1-10 employees

ChARM Implementation

ChARM allows me to easily configure and evaluate practice configurations with Practioners and staff. This allows me to prepare and train to our practice's unique work flows and scenarios. I am looking forward to completing the roll out and feel confident that the ChARM team will ensure that we are fully implemented on time.

Pros

ChARM provides multiple support channels offering comprehensive onboarding and post-implementation support. I rely on their knowledgebase and experienced team to quickly review configurations and support tuning for our unique work flows.

Cons

ChARM is a rich, comprehensive practice management platform. As the implementation lead, I did not in nitially integrate the (available) e ChARM resources into our team.

AL

Anton L.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Pros

The design of the intake access makes thing so easy.

Cons

Tutorial lesson should be improved. It's hard to find the configuration sometimes.

KB

Katrina B.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Excellent Choice My Small Practice

I started using ChARM EHR in my practice in July 2014 when I wanted to move away from paper charting. I had worked with hospital-based EHR systems in the past, and I am delighted to report that ChARM EHR has been far more reliable than the previous hospital-systems I used. I love the ability to fax and receive records directly from the system without having to print. Charting, uploading labs, uploading...

Pros

Online faxing directly in the system Customization of chart notes and labs Ease of charting Reliability Ease of communicating with clients