Doxy.me Logo

Doxy.me

Telemedicine solution for healthcare professionals & clinics

Doxy.me Reviews

4.6

1.1K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.45/10

Reviews by rating

User friendly, secure, affordable, I appreciate that I can purchase some features on a need to use basis/ monthly.
Overall, I'm very happy with this option. I like how easy it was to figure out and implement and how consistent it has been in quality.
Overall Doxy.me has been very easy to use and is secure. It has been great being able to provide secure telehealth services to clients during the pandemic.
I have not experienced the kinds of problems you may normally have with the internet such as poor connections. Any connection issues have been from the patients end due to poor internet services.
Internet issues which DOXY cannot control - Some distortion or loss of contact occasionally - typical internet problems with all telehealth portals.
So there is no session (I think they are a no show and they think I am a no show). In mental health, my income depends on it and there are times that someone is sucidal.

1,126 reviews

CL

Cassandra L.

Office Manager

No Downloading

Transcript

Cassandra L.: Hello. My name is Cassandra. I am an office manager. And we use Doxy. And the rating that...

Kim A.

Naturopathic Doctor

Great telemedicine platform

Transcript

Kim: Hi, my name is Kim. I'm a naturopathic doctor, and I'm giving Doxy.me a four out of five star review....

Peggy S.

Excellent and efficient product

Using doxy for our telehealth program has been a critical aspect for our clinic.

Pros

Doxy is an accessible and easy to use product that allows our small clinic to use basic functions for free! I appreciate the ease for patients and providers to use the platform.

Cons

It does seem that if connections are weaker, doxy does not perform as well.

CA

Cp A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

HIPAA compliant, customizable, and really easy to use

I’ve used this system since BEFORE the pandemic made it necessary. I’m happy with the product and the pricing.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. No downloading for patients. I also use it when supervising nurse practitioners. I can join an exam instantly - I just send the URL.

Cons

There are some issues with sound especially when the patients use Bluetooth devices.

PS

Paris S.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Can't get customer help to improve technical difficulties.

see above

Pros

It's easy to use. That's it at this time. nnnnnnnn

Cons

I have been getting a horrible connection since about mid month. It has interfered with my ability to connect with my clients. The video freezes, the audio and video fall out of sync. I have used the troubleshooting options in the articles by other users. I have tried using a new computer and even a different internet connection. I am very disappointed because I have been paying for this monthly for...

I am so sorry for the trouble! We are currently doing over 10 million video minutes a day right now. I'm not sure why it won't work for you. We are happy to help troubleshoot. Email support@doxy.me. We also have a very generous refund policy and will refund your payment if you are not satisfied.

HM

Hannah M.

would highly recommend

excellent, I really love how easy it is to use and that there's no app to have to download.

Pros

Free/ user friendly / efficient / secure

Cons

at times there can be some microphone feedback so I can hear myself back on a call and also sometimes video calling abroad can be hit and miss.

AP

Angela P.

Free telehealth platform

Pros

Ease of use for patients and providers, free

Cons

No issues or complaints, it's free, I wish my main practice used it

WB

Wachovia B.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great site for telemedicine

I love using it. I've used it for about 3 years now and I think it's great.

Pros

I like the website because it's easy to use for the physician and the patient, and it's cost effective.

Cons

scheduling issues but that's not directly related to the site

KO

Kamberlyn O.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Pros

Simple program to connect with patients. Have had no issues with the service.

Cons

Picture quality is poor on free version.

EA

Esther A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Reliability? Look no further!

Pros

Doxy.me has always been available. Technical difficulties at the most inconvenient times? I have not experienced a delay in starting the sessions due to upgrades or sort of technical details.

Cons

I find it difficult to identify least likes.

SC

Shawnel C.

Life made easy

Overall, my experience has been a good experience.

Pros

The convenience and ease of this platform.

Cons

The static in the audio while trying to talk or listen to someone talking.

EL

Ellen L.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Excellent application for telehealth sessions.

I appreciate the ease of access, ease of use, and reliability of Doxy.me.

Pros

Doxy.me is user friendly, reliable, and has excellent customer service. I highly recommend Doxy.me for telemedicine/telehealth sessions that must be HIPPA compliant.

Cons

I do not have any negative comments to report regarding my utilization of Doxy.me thus far.

NB

NICHOLE B.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Great product and extremely affordable

Overall Doxy.me is great. I highly recommend this site for business and individual providers. You receive a lot of services for your money and being able to say you have a free HIPAA compliant service is amazing.

Pros

Doxy.me is very easy to use. It is very self-explanatory. I set up 10 accounts for providers at our office and showed them how to use them. Even our providers who are not tech-savvy had no issues.

Cons

I have no complaints. Some of our providers only use the free feature and the connections are great, the virtual waiting room is great and none of our clients have had complaints. One of our providers paid for a level one so they could share their screen and utilize the texting feature. Another provider pays so she is able to host group therapy with 8 clients and everyone has had success.

AL

Alysia L.

So happy I switched!

My appointment reminders, which I send myself, have the same meeting link creating simplicity for my clients. There are not very many distractions with certain extra features and the screen size defaults in a way that I have the best opportunity to observe my client's non-verbals. It helps me to do the best version of my work when I'm not doing it face to face.

Pros

I really enjoy how doxy.me gives me one link to use all the time. It's simple in overall use. It's designed for the needs of clinicians and provides those needs at a substantially reduced price of other popular platforms that do not cater to clinicians. I particularly like the "pay by the day option" as I think is a great flexibility for clinicians who are still building their caseload. I also viewed it from the client's perspective and it provides a generally professional look while also being easy for the clients to use with their devices.

Cons

When I log on, the camera and microphone are already on. I would like the option to default them to being off.

SM

Sheila M.

Great Platform for Telehealth

Solid, HIPAA complant platform.

Pros

We are very happy with the ease of use for providers and clients. The video and sound have overall been very clear with little interruptions.

Cons

The cost for all users in our office is a concern. We do not know where the viral pandemic will take us in the months to come. In our area, it seems to be settling down, but we are still concerned about ongoing local and state governance of business related to the same.

JC

Jassy C.

Efficient and effective

I originally chose Doxy.me as a back-up for when my normal video platform, VSee, was not working. But I now consistently use Doxy.me instead of VSee because it's more reliable.

Pros

Doxy.me has been easy to use for both myself, a licensed psychotherapist, and my clients some of whom are not very tech savvy. It has a user-friendly interface which makes life a lot easier for those of us who had to quickly move to Telehealth.

Cons

Sometimes the visuals aren't as stable as I would like - and not sure if this is the stress on the bandwidth or a software issue.

AB

Ariel Blau B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Does what it promises to do well.

Doxy has made it easy to have a backup video tele-therapy platform.

Pros

I love that all you need is a permanent link. My patients can engage with me through video easily and from any platform. Some of my patients actually prefer to use doxy instead of fancier platforms because it is so amazingly easy to use. The customization is a bit clunky, but I am not that bothered by that.

Cons

The customization is a bit clunky, and it is difficult to make it look elegant. For me that is a pity, because it does not support branding efforts so easily.

RK

Ryan K.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Great potential, too many technical issues

We selected this telehealth option at the beginning of the year for virtual client counseling sessions. We used it infrequently until March when Covid hit. For the next 6 months we had nothing but technical problems with it. The ease of use and functionality were great, but 50% of the time our sessions were interrupted due to technical failure. When a competing platform became HIPAA compliant, we switched to them and had no further technical issues.

Pros

Ease of deployment, ease of start-up for new users, customizable options for the waiting room and a detailed Meeting History were all bonuses. A big benefit was a short URL/name for waiting rooms, which clients could manually type in if they lost the email or text with the initial link. The fact that they are a purely HIPAA compliant telehealth platform was the main selling point. Overall, it has great potential to be a solid platform for telehealth sessions.

Cons

Technical issues. A significant amount of them - almost 50% of our sessions could not be completed due to technical problems. They were initially discounted as internet/wifi issues or operator error, but after months, they still persisted. Switching to a competing product removed almost all technical problems.

PS

Paul S.

Great Solid Product!

Easy to use and set up. A lot easier than Zoom.

Pros

It was easy to setup and use. All my staff can use it. My patient's love it.

Cons

Not much. It's a great product. I with they had a change background feature like Zoom. Other than that it has been a workhorse.

YB

Yvonne B.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

An excellent platform that is easy to use

The benefit of being able to provide services to my clients who experience challenges coming to the office for their therapy sessions has been a plus. It also provides me with the opportunity to provide extended evening hours where it would not have been possible in the past. Thank you Doxy.me for adding to the flexibility in my schedule in being able to provide more service options to me and my clients.

Pros

Doxy. me has allowed me to provide telehealth services to my clients from a platform that is easy to use and easy for my clients to connect with me via a link. It allows me to see when my clients enter my waiting room but also provides me with feedback on the average amount of time, I spend in session with each one of my clients. I love that with the professional version I can provide my couple access for services when they are not able to be in the same space for the session. I love the additional features available, such as changing the background setting and treatment forms, that assist in improving my practice.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the system, it currently meets all of my needs.

Kyle M.

Social-Forward Healthcare

I have had VERY few hiccups with quality, connectivity, and other technical issues, but they appeared to be concentrated around the time a major overhaul of the aesthetics and features was taking place. I love it, my patients love it, and my staff love it. We have attempted other programs with "better" functions, but those fell with empty promises and the "added functionality" was marketed to make work flow simpler, but they were just so much more confusing than Doxy. We are really please with Doxy, and don't foresee a change in any near future.

Pros

I love the simplicity for patients to be able to access my virtual waiting room from anywhere. The features, as needed, is a great functional option; we're a nonprofit clinic and don't need all the features every day and don't need the cost to branch over every day. So, having the option to have them for a particular day is best for growth for any sized company and in any direction. Several other products were charging upwards of $300 per month when it was just me trying to reach patients in rural farming communities to prevent 3 hour travel times to get to the office. Doxy saved the day. Tele-health should be for ALL, not only those willing to pay the cost for convenience.

Cons

Not much; I do wish the app was still around. That made it easier for Providers on tablets, and notification when the Patient is in while multitasking.

Hi Kyle! Thanks so much for the review! We are so glad doxy.me is fitting your needs. We also believe telemedicine should be for all!

AP

Alisa P.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

"Life saver" HIPAA compliant telemedicine solution

I support a medium-sized primary care medical practice. They need to implement telemedicine almost immediately in light of this Corona Virus crisis. I was able to create an account and send out a request that was received by another device that I have, and within minutes was able to have a live videocall between the two. The graphics were fine, the audio was fine, very little lag. The upgraded...

Pros

Patients do not need to create an account, and are able to access from popular browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, from any device.

Cons

Well, patients still have to allow access for the browser to use the camera and microphone. And the email link will open in whichever internet browser is default, and not all patients know how to call up a link in the correct browser. This is difficult sometimes for people who have very few tech skills. However, these problems would exist currently with almost ANY telemedicine solution, as they have more to do with the permissions on the devices being used by the patients rather than relating to doxy.me specifically. Also, they advertised that there was a 30-day "free trial" for the upgraded version, but once I signed up, the upgraded version was only available by paying for it -- however, the fee was very reasonable.

Thanks for the review!

RP

Robin P.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Excellent app for my practice

excellent; especially during this period of Coronavirus and need to change my care to online. I've used Doxy.me pretty much since its inception many years ago and have alway liked the program. As a result, I've told many colleagues about it and as a result several large clinics in the Portland Metro area use it.

Pros

aside from the fact that it's free, it is very easy for my providers and patients to use. they don't need to download anything and access my virtual waiting room directly from the URL.

Cons

the free version doesn't give any direct customer support but able to email concerns and receive relatively rapid responses

Thanks for telling other providers about doxy.me!!

EC

Elizabeth C.

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Doxy.me saved me and my practice!

Doxy.me is excellent for videoconferencing. Like everything else, it has its moments, but their staff seems to be “on it” to resolve issues quickly.

Pros

Due to Covid, nursing homes where I had a contract informed me that I would not be able to come back into the building on March 13, 2020. I started using other video conferencing tools when a colleague told me about Doxy and how it was HIPAA compliant. I started using it then and I have never looked back. When the nursing homes got to where they could not do telehealth with me anymore, I started looking around and found Cerebral. I signed on with them and was pleased that I already knew how to use that software. To me, it’s easy to use. Wish I could put a consent form in my waiting room on the free side of it.

Cons

I wish there was a way that I could move the thumbnail of me to a different location on the screen. Sometimes the person holding the device in the nursing home is behind that… It looks like their head on my body. It would be nice if there was a way to boost their signal when it is weak.

SG

Sonya G.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Used Doxy successfully for about 6 mths, and now it is freezing constantly during sessions

It was working really well for client appointments (which I do a lot of using tele conferencing systems) but has become extremely unreliable in the last month. I did recommend it to one colleague who is having similar issues

Pros

In the past I would have said easy to use and reliable ..

Cons

I have tried every possible combination to have the highest speed possible, and my clients have high speed service, but Doxy is constantly freezing up during sessions. I used to have excellent service with Doxy and I'm wondering why it has changed. When I do Doxy's diagnostic service it says everything is "excellent", but I can tell you it is not!I have already paid for the service for the year, but I'm considering switching. I received an email from the CEO of Doxy a month or so ago saying he was leaving and i am wondering if things have changed and the service isn't what it used to be?

Hi Sonya, I'm sorry for the trouble. We haven't changed anything in the past couple months in regards to the quality of our service. I'd be happy to jump on a call with you and see what might be going on. Sometimes even things like not having a recent software update installed can have negative effects on performance - so I'm confident we could get it worked out. We also have a satisfaction guarantee so we will refund you for any unused time on your yearly plan if we are not able to come up with a solution for you. I sent you a email as well so we can setup a time to troubleshoot. Thank you, Dylan Turner dylan@doxy.me CTO and Cofounder

SM

Stephanie M.

Simply put

Doxy.me has been the most helpful accessible, easy to navigate, HIPAA compliant softwares that I have used, the picture quality and sound are pretty reliable and it is absolutely worth it to upgrade to the professional setting if you are using Telehealth daily.

Pros

This software is easy to use for the clinician and for clients alike. This software has many great capabilities and even gives you the option to have the professional version for a small fee. The best part of this software is that it gives the ability to have group sessions, which is particularly helpful during covid for family sessions where a member of the family is out of the home. This feature is only available in the professional setting ( $30/mo) which honestly is 1$ a day.

Cons

I believe this software can be better, at certain times there is a rush of people using the software where I have noticed it to crash. Usually during mid-day I have a little bit of difficulty connecting to clients but eventually it works. It would also be helpful to me if there was some sort of log for outreach, like if a text message or email is sent and at what time, how many times, so that it can be logged and there can be a paper trail. Also if there was a way that outreach can be preset and sent out at specific times it would be extremely helpful.

Michelle G.

Easy to use.

Videoconferencing with clients.

Pros

Hipaa compliant. Free option, some paid features. No software required- runs on internet browser. Good mobile app. No log-in code required for each session . Clients don't have to register. Clients can log into the "waiting room" at any time. Custom virtual waiting room. You can message clients in the system.

Cons

Only runs on certain internet browsers. If I open another program (Skype, Facetime), I generally have to reboot my computer for Doxy to recognize my microphone again. Video and audio quality varies - often freezes up. Freezing up may be in part due to either my internet speed or the client's internet speed, so I am not sure how they could fix this. They do offer different quality levels (to match the internet speed) however on the paid version.

Thank you for your review! Have you ever taken our diagnostic tests for freezing video? You can find a link at help.doxy.me! Doxy.me works on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.