Doxy.me Logo

Doxy.me

Telemedicine solution for healthcare professionals & clinics

Doxy.me Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend9.37/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

User friendly, secure, affordable, I appreciate that I can purchase some features on a need to use basis/ monthly.

PM

Peter M.

Overall, I'm very happy with this option. I like how easy it was to figure out and implement and how consistent it has been in quality.

MC

Megan C.

Overall Doxy.me has been very easy to use and is secure. It has been great being able to provide secure telehealth services to clients during the pandemic.

AS

Alissa S.

I have not experienced the kinds of problems you may normally have with the internet such as poor connections. Any connection issues have been from the patients end due to poor internet services.

TG

Tricia G.

Internet issues which DOXY cannot control - Some distortion or loss of contact occasionally - typical internet problems with all telehealth portals.

EC

Elizabeth C.

So there is no session (I think they are a no show and they think I am a no show). In mental health, my income depends on it and there are times that someone is sucidal.

Doxy.me users...

Google Meet

Zoom Video Webinars-logocaret
+ 1

Zoom Video Webinars

How would you rate Doxy.me?

CL

Cassandra L.

office manager

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

No Downloading

Transcript

Cassandra L.: Hello. My name is Cassandra. I am an office manager. And we use Doxy. And the rating that...

Great telemedicine platform

Transcript

Kim: Hi, my name is Kim. I'm a naturopathic doctor, and I'm giving Doxy.me a four out of five star review....

I like Doxy best

Pros

I have used 3 other online video chat systems to meet with clients; this is the best one yet. It is easy for me and easy for my clients. When I had some problems using Doxy.me after buying a new computer, the help desk people were prompt, kind and helpful, resolving it in short order.

Cons

When there are problems with call quality, sometimes it is difficult to tell if the problem is from my (or the client's) internet connection or with Doxy itself.

Thank you for your review!

Affordable and simple telehealth solution -- recommended but with a few gotchas

I've aided in selecting and deploying (Doxy and other solutions) at numerous practices. It is a safe and recommended choice. It's simple to administrate and use. Despite the "peer to peer" architecture it's reasonably reliable. Please make sure your provider computers have an SSD hard drive and at least a Core i5 or similar processor. Please make sure your practice has fast Internet, preferably fiber. Please train your providers how to restart their Chrome browser if there is an issue access the Microphone. Always a good idea to do this 5 minutes before a telehealth call.

Pros

#1 Doxy.me is a very affordable solution. #2 Doxy is healthcare specific (unlike Zoom and Teams). #3 Doxy is also very simple! It is easy to configure and centrally manage by IT, or even by a lightly practice administrator. You can do it! : ) From a central management website the admin can create providers' custom weblinks, that can be given to patients.

Cons

#1 Customer support is not good. It's a chat. Historically I've waited 12 - 24 hours for a reply. Not acceptable. Not when you have providers/owners asking for clarity on issues. Doxy, if you are listening, offer an optional paid support option with a phone number. Most practices would gladly pay for US-based good quality support. #2 Doxy uses a web browser -- ideally Chrome. It is not uncommon...

Can't get customer help to improve technical difficulties.

see above

Pros

It's easy to use. That's it at this time. nnnnnnnn

Cons

I have been getting a horrible connection since about mid month. It has interfered with my ability to connect with my clients. The video freezes, the audio and video fall out of sync. I have used the troubleshooting options in the articles by other users. I have tried using a new computer and even a different internet connection. I am very disappointed because I have been paying for this monthly for...

I am so sorry for the trouble! We are currently doing over 10 million video minutes a day right now. I'm not sure why it won't work for you. We are happy to help troubleshoot. Email support@doxy.me. We also have a very generous refund policy and will refund your payment if you are not satisfied.

has increased my consults

Pros

clients do not have to download anything or learn any kind of program to get on doxy

Cons

sometimes connectivity issues and cannot use on chrome on the phone

Happy expeirence using it over a year

Pros

I have used Doxy for more than 2 years now, I prefer it to other platforms, because 1- there is no need to install any software or add-ons 2- It is compliance with HIPPA,

Cons

just i wish that i was also able to share my screen, if i want to!

Hipaa compliant telehealth meetings!

Overall ease of use, compliant for Hipaa, great audio, and video! Definitely would recommend it to others.

Pros

I love the ease of use for me and my patients. I love how easy it is to share the link and get started. My number one priority is compliance and Doxy is compliant!

Cons

NA- I have had no issues with the product.

Great for telementalhealth

The program is HIPPA compliant, I can use it with very minimal issues, and I think it is a good platform.

Pros

The software is easy to use - both myself and my clients, it works well 85% of the time, and the other 15% it either improves while on the call or at worst, we still have audio. This is generally with clients who have tried to do sessions from their vehicles.

Cons

In a previous program, I liked that clients could leave me text messages via the portal. While this is a viable option while on with a client, I have not seen a way to do this with clients not on the portal.

Thanks for your review!

Doxy.me for small medical business.

Works great for the patient that can not get into the office.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Simple to invite a patient to log in.

Cons

I found with the free version, it does not work from mobile phones, a user needs to log on from a pc.

Excellent telemedicine platform

Using doxy.me, I was able to switch completely from in-person visits to 100% telehealth in the space of a week.

Pros

The platform is secure (very important for confidential health care communications) and usually very stable. It is very easy to use for me and for the people in my practice. There is nothing to download. I was asked recently, "Is it like Zoom?" I replied, "It's like Zoom, only easier." Doxy.me also provides a "pre-call test" so that people can make sure that their camera and mic will work properly before their first call.

Cons

Print on the screen is very small. But that might be because of the computer I'm using.

It’s simple, and it works!

It has made doing telehealth visits easy and,painless.

Pros

Dependable. Easy for clients to access….and they don’t have to download anything. I work with elders and they have no problem using Doxy.

Cons

I don’t have a single negative thing to say about Doxy!

Best Medical Practice Assistant

Providing excellent, HIPAA compliant telemedicine is a must for our practice. Being able to meet patients where they are at, instead of having them wait, take time away from work or family, and make sure their healthcare needs are met is the number 1 reason we use this program in our practice. It is an excellent program.

Pros

I love the ease of use. I like that there is nothing to download for the patient or provider. Everything is cloud based. Can be used on any device with a camera and internet access.

Cons

Sometimes based on internet service providers, the service can be slow. But this is an outside problem.

Thanks for the review Cori!

Great product and extremely affordable

Overall Doxy.me is great. I highly recommend this site for business and individual providers. You receive a lot of services for your money and being able to say you have a free HIPAA compliant service is amazing.

Pros

Doxy.me is very easy to use. It is very self-explanatory. I set up 10 accounts for providers at our office and showed them how to use them. Even our providers who are not tech-savvy had no issues.

Cons

I have no complaints. Some of our providers only use the free feature and the connections are great, the virtual waiting room is great and none of our clients have had complaints. One of our providers paid for a level one so they could share their screen and utilize the texting feature. Another provider pays so she is able to host group therapy with 8 clients and everyone has had success.

Outstanding Product - Someday an Industry Standard?

I initially started using doxy to cut down on missed appointments due to illness or conflicts. Doxy allowed me to engage in "telehealth" on those occasions when a client would otherwise have to "late cancel," thus leaving me with the option of charging them for it (not good from a customer relations standpoint) or eating it. Then, when the coronavirus emergency hit, I was able to transition easily to all telehealth, thus keeping myself and my clients safe. Yay!

Pros

I wanted a platform that was secure for my clients. What most attracted me to doxy vs. other secure platforms (or other platforms in general) was the fact that my users (clients) didn't have to download anything, just click on a link. In a former life, I used to design and develop computer application systems and I really like the "feel" of doxy, it's usability for me and my clients, plus my modest exposure to their tech support has been quick and useful. All of this allowed me to transition quickly into the "telehealth" arena very quickly, which I appreciated during the coronavirus outbreak emergency.

Cons

It's hard to respond as there are so many positives. If at all possible, it would be nice to have additional ways to troubleshoot connectivity or video/audio quality issues in real-time. For example, real-time advice for the user as to what to do to correct things on their side. I know a lot of this is in the available articles, but it's hard to go searching through articles when you're trying to quickly get things going during a "meeting." Maybe I'm asking for an "artificial intelligence" solution that's not feasible?

Thank you for your review! Glad you were able to transition everyone to online appointments!

Psychologist-Very Happy with Doxy.me for Teletherapy

I wouldn't have had a teletherapy practice as early as I did without a reliable HIPAA-compliant teleconferencing service like Doxy.me. I realize that there are others out there now, but Doxy.me was one of the firsts. I was up and running Day 1 of the shut down.

Pros

Biggest thing! Doxy.me gives you the same dedicated link for your patients to click EVERYTIME, NO passwords , NO user ID's! Patients, like the rest of us, forget things all the time, and I am always resending info. However, after one or two Doxy.me sessions, No one ever has trouble logging in. I get so angry now when MY providers try to give a 17-step map to log onto their sessions! Also, I kid you not, that Doxy.me takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'! Some days I'm on Doxy.me straight for up to 5 hours (I only do teletherapy) and it just keeps running smoothly.

Cons

Especially early on, calls would drop or not even start until I logged on multiple times. That is very rare now (haven't had a problem in months). Credit Doxy.me. They always want to know if you have trouble and overtime the product gets more robust.

So happy I switched!

My appointment reminders, which I send myself, have the same meeting link creating simplicity for my clients. There are not very many distractions with certain extra features and the screen size defaults in a way that I have the best opportunity to observe my client's non-verbals. It helps me to do the best version of my work when I'm not doing it face to face.

Pros

I really enjoy how doxy.me gives me one link to use all the time. It's simple in overall use. It's designed for the needs of clinicians and provides those needs at a substantially reduced price of other popular platforms that do not cater to clinicians. I particularly like the "pay by the day option" as I think is a great flexibility for clinicians who are still building their caseload. I also viewed it from the client's perspective and it provides a generally professional look while also being easy for the clients to use with their devices.

Cons

When I log on, the camera and microphone are already on. I would like the option to default them to being off.

Social-Forward Healthcare

I have had VERY few hiccups with quality, connectivity, and other technical issues, but they appeared to be concentrated around the time a major overhaul of the aesthetics and features was taking place. I love it, my patients love it, and my staff love it. We have attempted other programs with "better" functions, but those fell with empty promises and the "added functionality" was marketed to make work flow simpler, but they were just so much more confusing than Doxy. We are really please with Doxy, and don't foresee a change in any near future.

Pros

I love the simplicity for patients to be able to access my virtual waiting room from anywhere. The features, as needed, is a great functional option; we're a nonprofit clinic and don't need all the features every day and don't need the cost to branch over every day. So, having the option to have them for a particular day is best for growth for any sized company and in any direction. Several other products were charging upwards of $300 per month when it was just me trying to reach patients in rural farming communities to prevent 3 hour travel times to get to the office. Doxy saved the day. Tele-health should be for ALL, not only those willing to pay the cost for convenience.

Cons

Not much; I do wish the app was still around. That made it easier for Providers on tablets, and notification when the Patient is in while multitasking.

Hi Kyle! Thanks so much for the review! We are so glad doxy.me is fitting your needs. We also believe telemedicine should be for all!

Doc See Me Lives Up to Its Mission Statement

I have been VERY happy with Doxy.me, overall. I truly appreciate that their goal of increasing telehealth access means that solo practitioners like me can use the software for free. Connectivity issues happen with different platforms on different days, and the free account allows me to have a Plan B when my EHR's video function fails.

Pros

I started using doxy.me in late February, 2020, when an immunocompromised patient requested video sessions to limit their exposure to COVID-19. I found it very easy to use, greatly appreciated the ease with which I got a Business Associate Agreement, and I like that it shows how much time has elapsed in each session. My patients have also found it to be easier to use than my EHR's video function. Also, it keeps a record of the start and stop times of all my sessions, which makes it easier to get the times right on my progress notes.

Cons

There's nothing that jumps out at me as an issue, honestly.

Thanks so much for your review Alice! If you ever have connectivity issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us! support@doxy.me

Doxy.me Pro Review

Doxy.me works great for my psychotherapy practice.

Pros

I initially used the free Doxy.me program, and found it satisfactory, though not perfect, for my psychotherapy business needs. I upgraded to the Doxy.me Professional program because I wanted the ability to videoconference. I think the Pro program has fewer instances of screen freezes and better audio. The videoconferencing feature is simple to use and making the connections that includes everyone...

Cons

There are still instances of screen freeze, echoing sound, audio out of synch with the speaker, and very rarely there has been difficulty in making the actual connection.

"Life saver" HIPAA compliant telemedicine solution

I support a medium-sized primary care medical practice. They need to implement telemedicine almost immediately in light of this Corona Virus crisis. I was able to create an account and send out a request that was received by another device that I have, and within minutes was able to have a live videocall between the two. The graphics were fine, the audio was fine, very little lag. The upgraded...

Pros

Patients do not need to create an account, and are able to access from popular browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, from any device.

Cons

Well, patients still have to allow access for the browser to use the camera and microphone. And the email link will open in whichever internet browser is default, and not all patients know how to call up a link in the correct browser. This is difficult sometimes for people who have very few tech skills. However, these problems would exist currently with almost ANY telemedicine solution, as they have more to do with the permissions on the devices being used by the patients rather than relating to doxy.me specifically. Also, they advertised that there was a 30-day "free trial" for the upgraded version, but once I signed up, the upgraded version was only available by paying for it -- however, the fee was very reasonable.

Thanks for the review!

Essential Business tool

Seamless transition: working from the comfort of my office to moving my practice online. Doxy Offers the security that is mandatory for my work.

Pros

Cons

I would appreciate a more affordable rate to upgrades. ie: more than one participant, But i do appreciate that I can purchase features at a monthly rate with out having to buy in for an annual fee

Great Platform for Telehealth

Solid, HIPAA complant platform.

Pros

We are very happy with the ease of use for providers and clients. The video and sound have overall been very clear with little interruptions.

Cons

The cost for all users in our office is a concern. We do not know where the viral pandemic will take us in the months to come. In our area, it seems to be settling down, but we are still concerned about ongoing local and state governance of business related to the same.

Best Ever

I have been using Doxy.me for almost a year now. Since signing up I have received nothing but praise from my clients who use it. When doing therapy over the internet it is important to have a product that is not only HIPPA compliant but also Secure.

Pros

A colleague recommended this product to me and I have been using it ever since. I love the feature of having a virtual waiting room for my clients. I am notified promptly when they have entered the "waiting room". I can share the screen with my clients while working on a treatment plan or homework. I can use it on my computer, my phone or my tablet and so can they. IT is the best HIPPA compliant app I have found.

Cons

I have not had any issues related to this software. Most of the time the issues I have are with WIFI or other connectivity issue not related to this product.

Hi Noreen! Thanks so much for the review! We are glad you and your patients are enjoying the platform!

Efficient and effective

I originally chose Doxy.me as a back-up for when my normal video platform, VSee, was not working. But I now consistently use Doxy.me instead of VSee because it's more reliable.

Pros

Doxy.me has been easy to use for both myself, a licensed psychotherapist, and my clients some of whom are not very tech savvy. It has a user-friendly interface which makes life a lot easier for those of us who had to quickly move to Telehealth.

Cons

Sometimes the visuals aren't as stable as I would like - and not sure if this is the stress on the bandwidth or a software issue.

Free, confidential, easy to use

I'm a mental health counselor who had to suddenly figure out how to provide telehealth sessions in a HIPAA compliant way once COVID 19 hit. A colleague & my boss recommended Doxy.me as free, easy to use, & HIPAA compliant. It has proven to be all 3. Initially I had some extremely frustrating experiences trying to get my bluetooth to work with it, but once I figured that out it's been pretty smooth. I'm glad it's been smooth, because customer service seems to only consist of their user issues library. I don't know how to get a hold of an actual person for support. It appears that must be a premium/paid feature.

Pros

I like that there is a waiting room where more than 1 client can be waiting w/o any overlap or breach of confidentiality. The software is very easy to use for both me & my clients- no downloading a specific app- just go to a website. We use the same link every time, so there's no last minute prep needed, or changes each time that I or the client have to keep track of. They have clearly worked very hard once COVID hit to improve the system, work out bugs, & address issues. I rarely have an issue anymore.

Cons

Human support (beyond the problems library online) seems to be a paid/premium thing- I can't seem to access it as a free user. There were some frustrating bugs 3 months ago, but they've clearly worked very hard to get the kinks out & it is now a very smooth process nearly every time.

Awesome platform for individual or couple's counseling

Simple to use, even for the most computer-challenged!

Pros

This product is very easy to use for both my staff and clientele.

Cons

My only complaint is that it really doesn't work well for groups larger than 4, which Doxy tells you. During the pandemic we have needed to run group therapy online, and sadly had to access another platform for that.

Hi! We did make an improvement to group calling last week. Have you tested it out since then? Also, I would confirm that all participants on group call have speeds of 10mbps or higher. Group calling does take more bandwidth then a 1-to-1 call. https://discuss.doxy.me/t/weekly-product-update-big-improvements-to-group-call-feature-and-more-may-1-2020/26055