Kareo Billing Reviews

Pros

The software is user friendly so that help's me as an Owner to train new staff on billing. I also love the "unpaid insurance claim" report that helps my employees to work the Account's Receivable's.

JL

JANELL L.

With a few tweaks to the system (I'd love to help!), coupled with its extreme ease of use and excellent reliability, Kareo EHR could become a powerhouse in the rapidly growing urgent care market.

TF

Theo F.

The best product I have every used and when I need help the service is excellent.

VP

Victoria P.

Cons

They will leave you on the phone for 25-40 minutes before getting you some body who will brush you off. You have to figure your problems by yourself or suck it up.

KM

Khaled M.

This is a truly terrible billing software with poor customer service. I strongly advise talking with your billers before going down this road.

AS

Andrew S.

Kareo knew about the problem, saw what was happening and could not fix it. It was yet another Kareo glitch due to the badly executed and buggy software.

KS

Kyle S.

Great EHR with room for improvement for natural healthcare providers

Using Kareo has been a overall great experience. It does almost everything we want it to do well, and the few things it needs to improve it at least allows you to do partially.

Pros

I love the layout of Kareo. The dashboard is great and offers a lot of functionality while still looking clean and professional. The clinical portion is great as it shows all the sections of the note on one page. The ability to add and remove sections is also very useful. The interaction checker is nice, but needs improvement. The iPad app is really slick and I preferring using it when adjusting my patients (Chiropractor), as it allows me to quickly tap on each segment I'm adjusting from a list.

Cons

There is very little support for natural products/supplements in Kareo. You CAN make it work, but it's definitely not easy - requiring manually entering every single product you wish to recommend in the "Drug Favorites" section.

Kareo has great reporting

Kareo has been an improvement from our previous software. I appreciate that the cost each month has been predictable and fair.

Pros

The reporting capabilities and customization of reporting is the most valuable feature to us. We are able to give our clients a more comprehensive view of the financial health of their practice. Contract management reports and analysis reports help us to give suggestions and analyze the data coming in so that providers and practice managers can see how claims are processing and where the money is coming from and going to.

Cons

The ERA enrollment process has been a nightmare. I feel like this process was not adequately described to us, and it has been dramatically more time consuming and labor-intensive than we thought it would be. Customer support has been inconsistent. In some circumstances, the representatives have been very helpful, but in others, they have been disconnected and unable to adequately resolve issues.

First time Biller

Pros

I had never done billing before. Our PT clinic wanted to keep the billing in house so we tried Kareo. Of course I didn't have anything to compare too, but Kareo was easy to understand and the Kaero support was the best.

Cons

The price per therapist went up - with our reimbursement from insurance companies going down, we need to lower our cost

Maybe Try Again in a Few Years

Poor experience. ALL EHRs have glitches and issues, but this is terrible.

Pros

The product on the app is ok to use once you set it all up.

Cons

Customer "Support" - Kareo has a vast support section, but you have to know EXACTLY what to type in to get results that are not buried in 30 other pages of key words. When you try to get answers to your questions, the support people try to assist, but the answer invariably is: here's the link to submit input for upcoming changes - changes that are NEVER implemented. Billing: Kareo does not even...

Hello Kalliste, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize if you've experienced any confusion while using Kareo. Our records show that you did have an implementation period from September of 2020 to February of 2021 where you had direct access to one of our implementation coaches. We do offer a variety of webinars & training videos through Kareo University & our customers are given access & asked...

Highly recommend Kareo

Kareo is so helpful because the list of claims show exactly what stage each one is in.

Pros

Kareo is very user friendly. In the event I have an issue, the customer service team is immediately available to help me thru, via live chat, phone call or complete email instructions. They are very patient and tolerant of any need I may experience.

Cons

There really is nothing not to like about the software. It has all the features I need for my practice.

Kareo for ParkerPT

It is a wonderful product to house medical billing information. You have easy access and may reports and tools to access when managing patient accounts. I love the on-boarding. I felt it was helpful and very comprehensive. I wish there were opportunities to work with this group to learn what is new or old that I could benefit from knowing. There is so much this system can do and I just don't feel like I am taking advantage of all the features because I don't use or remember to use from our initial training sessions.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and I like all the options you have but don't have to pay for unless you use. Being a small business we are always looking for ways to increase productivity and save money.

Cons

Posting of ERA. This has not been improved since we began using 10+ years ago and if it has then I missed the memo. You have to address each individual date of service verses reviewing and have post automatically. I would even be happy to setup default selections to make posting quicker. Also would like a resource to assist with rejection error messages that would provide suggested issues. Current messages can be very cryptic.

REVIEW OF KAREO

Kareo has made billing a smooth process and accounts receivable is manageable in a timely fashion. Any issues are clearly identified and resolved.

Pros

The ability to perform a little extra claim scrubbing on the front end and also simple explanations for any rejections or denials.

Cons

The system gets very slow periodically and we are not able to use the document storage because it slows it down even more.

Kareo - The most user friendly billing software I have encountered

When I initially saw the layout of Kareo I love it. All of the tabs are clearly labeled and I was able to navigate the software without any training. However once we started posting and applying payments, it began to get tricky. Since we were new to the software Kareo supplied someone to come out and train our employees and his personal line so we were able to call him whenever we have questions. That was a great help. We also enjoyed their training videos supplied on Kareo university.

Pros

It is a clean looking software and is very quick. It is very quick and easy to input payments and make notes on the payments. It is also easy to look at the AR to see what was denied, pending, etc. Most of the denials also have codes that help us figure out why it has not been paid.

Cons

Some parts of the program are confusing and not intuitive. Applying payments seems like it is a more extensive process than it needs to be. Calling for customer service is also a pain because I am often on hold for a long time, at least 30 minutes, and the people I am calling often do not seem knowledgeable.

Low Implementation Cost Solution with High ROI

Excellent product.

Pros

The system is designed to enable staff to easily navigate through with little onboarding time. The web version provides ubiquitous access while still delivering rich functionality.

Cons

The reports section; however, this can be better adopted by our organization with additional training. The reports section is well outlined. Our organization needed some specified reporting that was a challenge to find; however, our onboarding coach directed us to the right resources.

Not good for our single-physician dermatology practice

Not good. See my "Cons" list above. Unfortunately instead of month-to-month...the sales guy (who, after you sign up, you'll never hear from again) talked me into 1 year. Now I'm trying to buy out that year so we can go back to CollaborateMD...which was much more evolved...user-friendly...with features that actually work.

Pros

Fairly easy to use on a daily basis for me as the physician, entering SOAP notes. I did like immediately entering ICD-10 and CPT codes right after seeing the patient and writing my note. Relatively inexpensive compared to other options

Cons

Whew.... 1. I guess my expectations for a "success coach" were different from what they provide. If, during implementation you want to schedule time with your "coach," that person provides you a link to THEIR schedule and you find a time (usually at least a week away) and pencil yourself in. 2. Many ICD-10 and CPT codes for my specialty are not in Kareo when you go to create the superbill. It's been...

Hello Mathew, Thank you for letting us know about your experience with our system. We value any and all feedback about our software, as it helps us to continually evolve and improve our services. It is important to us that your practice is set up for success in every way possible, and our Success team is an important part of that process. In addition, our Support team is available and willing to provide immediate support if your Success coach is unavailable. We currently have a specialist assigned to your account, and they will be contacting you immediately to address your specific concerns. Regards, Kareo

Kareo Software Review

I enjoy Kareo, I currently have 6 practices using it. I always refer clients looking for new software to Kareo. The success coach Rose Nguyen has been helpful and makes me feel very confident in my knowledge of Kareo and had I can pass that on to my staff.

Pros

I love the eligibility tool. I also enjoy the help doc, I can usually look up what I need which is much faster than calling customer service.

Cons

Requesting new features takes a long time to get done. Also the time difference. If I have an issue at 8 and it is only 7 in California my wait time for customer service is much longer.

Easy to learn and use

When we first went to Kareo, we were coming off a system that had brought us to our knees: nothing worked right, clients were frustrated and we had no faith in things reported in the system. Kareo changed all of that for us--we were able to have reports we could trust, true transparency for the clients, and so many functions we were able to do more efficiently.

Pros

We love that the software is intuitive, and we can teach a clinic how to use it (on a basic level) in about an hour. The reports are accurate and easy to use. We can set up favorite reports, and generally get help whenever we're "stuck"

Cons

Enrollments--getting providers enrolled properly and getting assistance with those enrollments. Also, we really dislike that they offshore their help desk. It's challenging to get someone who can help us when we get an offshore rep. We also wish there was a better defined collections procedure/status in the system which would help us better monitor what's gone to collection. We cannot bill UB04 charges for facilities out of Kareo.

Kareo Billing Software

Overall we've been pretty happy with Kareo. There are a few features we miss from our old software but some of the features we gained by switching to Kareo mostly make up for the difference.

Pros

The main reason we were drawn to Kareo was it's API. It helped that it is cloud based and user friendly but our focus was on the ability to get the data out for use in reporting and our proprietary software and we were able to do that with Kareo.

Cons

The canned reporting is okay but most of the reports export to excel in an unusable format (or at least a difficult to use format with filler cells and merged cells).

Great software for billing but the EHR could use some polish

My overall experience with Kareo is very good. We use them for our software and practice management. I’m not using the EHR as it is not included with the package and there are some limitations for my specialty when participating in the MIPS .

Pros

The software is web-based and very easy to use on the iPad as well as any other format that supports the browser. It is easy and intuitive to use and everything is well laid out. You can access the data most of the time you’re only limitation is the speed of your browser The software is web-based and very easy to use on the iPad as well as any other format that supports the browser. It is easy and intuitive to use and everything is well laid out. You can access the data most of the time you’re only limitation is the speed of your browser The software is modular in that you paid for different modules from the E in charge of the software and practice management features They have a great feature set. There always improving and adding more functionality.

Cons

There are too many marketing advertisements in my email for other features. The HR should be included for free if we do the practice management it doesn’t make sense to be forced to use another software. The practice management needs to have more versatility with the types of reports we can generate it is plenty of boilerplate template that should suffice most practices. They need to have better support...

Billing Softare Tried and True

I have had an amazing experience with Kareo. Of course like any software program you will have hiccups and bumps in the road but after working in the medical billing industry for almost 15 years I can say that Kareo has been the best software program I have used!

Pros

The feature I like most about Kareo is the built in eligibility feature. Not having to login to numerous portals to check eligibility makes my job 10X easier!

Cons

I wish Kareo would not make you get out of the pt insurance info area to check the pts eligibility. This happened with the newest update and it is not very efficient at all. Also the same with adding a new Medicare policy, you have to get out of the insurance area and go back in to check hospice, the drop down box won't work unless you do this. Not efficient at all. I would also like to see Kareo automatically capitalize pt demographics when you are entering them, all other software programs I have used have this feature built into them.

Medical Billing Lead

Pros

Ease of use. There is a lot of helpful educational information, and when you call the reps are very knowledgeable and sincere about helping you with your problem.

Cons

When looking at payments entered daily, I would like to be able to scroll back and forth in the calendar rather than enter the dates. There is a daily report, but I just want to quickly scroll through the dates. This is one feature that would be nice, at least for me to quickly check to be sure all money is posted daily. The reps are very knowledgeable and willing to help you in most cases, except...

Kareo Practice Management

Reporting, posting payments, sending invoices, etc are all a breeze with the software. Customer service is without a doubt the most helpful and easiest of any vendor I've ever used.

Pros

The software is very easy to use after a few weeks of learning the in's and out's. I likely don't utilize half of what the software is capable of, but it's perfect for what I need.

Cons

I wish it was possible to integrate the Kareo Practice Management software with more than one EHR in my industry. It is only available for Medicfusion integration.

Kareo Billing Review

Very satisfied

Pros

Very easy to use software. The installation and set up was seamless.

Cons

A few glitches on the online payment platform. Patient are told to sign into the patient portal to see an itemized statement. That is not possible if only using the billing platform as a standalone module.

Billers of Metro Atlanta

I think the numbers of years I have used Kareo shows my satisfaction with the overall software product. I have trained 50 plus people in the 20 years I have used this product. I am still growing and encourage those I meet to transition to using this software. I have demonstrated my confidence in Kareo by including page on my business website promoting Kareo.

Pros

I have been a user of this software since the 90's. I found Kareo to be a very cost effective software which allowed for training new staff, integrating practices and decreased initial startup costs. Kareo continues to update and add new features which are relevant to industry standards and changes.

Cons

I would like to have more capability from some of the screens to multi task. Such as printing as statement from track claim status page. I would like to see Kareo add actual advanced billing personnel to the support staff who handle the help tickets. Currently some help tickets have been answered by sales staff. I believe this would speed up the process.

Kareo software

My experience has been great with very few problems

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and easy functions

Cons

some of the billing areas have a lot of steps to get to the final result.

Almost 3 years of use and we still love it!

Pros

I came to our practice with no experience in health care and was immediately tasked with firing our 3rd party billing company and bringing everything back in house with Kareo. I had no experience in billing, patient demographics, insurance, posting payments etc. Within one week of our launch... we had the basics down and were able to seamlessly transition our single physician practice to Kareo....

Cons

Some payers will make surprise changes in their EID that do not get updated into system tested into Kareo in a timely manner. It normally is discovered when payment posting gets out of whack and then it is discovered that the payer made a change in the technical date interchange. Then discovered that the change was not system tested in Kareo. It is a little bit of finger pointing on who is to blame for the interchange misses.... but don't get me wrong... when issue is discovered - they work to fix it - it just takes some time.

Kareo Customer Review

Overall we are pleased with Kareo

Pros

1.I like the ability to learn as needed with Kareo university and ease of use for our team We love the automated reminders and the ability the send messages with the software

Cons

I'm not too fond of the way Kareo calculates the end of month reports. If payment was collected in a month and deposited in our account, the monthly report's end should reflect the same as my bank statement.

kareo survey

I love the no response files. If you work those, you will rarely ever have a timely filing issue again. I also really like how we can add suggestions to better the software and Kareo listens.

Pros

I love the ease of use with Kareo. You can literally sit down, bring up kareo and start billing if you just read the screens. I've worked off of other softwares including Athena, Epic etc and the ease of Kareo is definately refreshing.

Cons

I have a wish list of a couple i things I wish Kareo had. On the clinical side, i would to be able to set up Kareo notes that it would automatically pull the cpt codes into the superbill. On both sides, platform and billing, i wish Kareo would hook up with the NPPES file so when i search for a doctor or practice for referring purposes, all the info would be there.

This reviewer only left a rating

I am a nurse practitioner with my own practice seeing patients primarily in nursing homes. I also do my own billing. When I was setting up my practice, I was told about Practice Fusion EMR software by a colleague. I saw that Practice Fusion is integrated with a billing system called Kareo, so I decided to check it out. Once I saw what they had to offer, I didn't look any further. Cost got my attention...

Thoughts on Kareo

Overall Kareo is a great product

Pros

I have been using Kareo since 2012 and it has been very easy to use. The scheduler is very user friendly and east to navigate. I also use the billing end of it as well . I like that it populates the statements that are to be sent as well as the secondary claims that medicare sometimes does not forward.

Cons

I have had patients complain that the appointment reminder calls were not easily understood and did not give specific information about the doctor for the appointment.