Tebra Logo

Tebra

Automated solution for medical practice management

Tebra Reviews

4.0

1.2K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.11/10

Reviews by rating

The software is user friendly so that help's me as an Owner to train new staff on billing. I also love the "unpaid insurance claim" report that helps my employees to work the Account's Receivable's.
With a few tweaks to the system (I'd love to help!), coupled with its extreme ease of use and excellent reliability, Kareo EHR could become a powerhouse in the rapidly growing urgent care market.
The best product I have every used and when I need help the service is excellent.
This is a truly terrible billing software with poor customer service. I strongly advise talking with your billers before going down this road.
They will leave you on the phone for 25-40 minutes before getting you some body who will brush you off. You have to figure your problems by yourself or suck it up.
Kareo knew about the problem, saw what was happening and could not fix it. It was yet another Kareo glitch due to the badly executed and buggy software.

1,206 reviews

Laurie R.

Owner

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Not the Best for a Small Clinic

Transcript

Laurie R.: Hi, I'm Laurie, a nurse practitioner. I would like to give Kareo a rating of four. If you'd...

Cynthia M.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

#1 User-Friendly EHR Ever Used!

In my experience of over twenty years using various EHR software platforms, I and can honestly attest that Kareo is by far the most user friendly and comprehensive EHR I have encountered in my professional career. I plan to be a loyal customer for life, thank you, Kareo!

Pros

Kareo is; user-friendly for people with little software experience, ready to go with little training, excellent implementation support, good customer service, amazing templates, forms and SALT Feature that cuts time & makes documentation a snap. The formatting/presentation of EHR notes is organized & professional. I love how I can select what information to share and can easily do so through the...

Cons

I would like to be able to attach documents to the internal email system when communicating with patients.

CW

Crystal W.

Kareo is user friendly

Pros

It is easy to learn to use and user friendly.

Cons

The new changes when switching to Tebra are not pleasing to the eye and difficult to see, most screen backgrounds are white. The reports are difficult to figure out and there is not report to run for patient numbers.

LD

Libby D.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Kareo now Tebra is laughable

Terrible. I would never recommend this company to anyone. I honestly cannot believe they are still in business. The support team is not helpful when we run into a problem, the administrative team is nonresponsive.

Pros

The telehealth feature when it is working is nice.

Cons

Kareo is the worst EHR system I have ever used. It is constantly breaking, they take away features and products on a monthly basis without warning. It only works on a windows based computer.

MM

MOHAMAD M.

Tebra review

Not had any problems. Love Karla from out Tebre she has always been very helpful.

Pros

Fast no issues electronic prescription

Cons

Alot of down time. slow when sending a control substance

SS

Steven S.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Bad Customer Service

It is a great overall software. Hopefully, with the move/merger with Tebra, Patient Pop the customer service improves.

Pros

The application and features themself are great. Overall, easy to use and pick-up. Very comparable ease of use compared to Athena or Epic. So far, I have received good feedback from patients using the portal.

Cons

Insurance and account set-up was sloppy and slow. Emails to the support teams are either very slow to respond or just will never respond. The billing software is not integrated but needs to be opened and processed separately and that software is old and janky (but usable). I like the product and will continue to use it, but having second thoughts

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Kareo - The most user friendly billing software I have encountered

When I initially saw the layout of Kareo I love it. All of the tabs are clearly labeled and I was able to navigate the software without any training. However once we started posting and applying payments, it began to get tricky. Since we were new to the software Kareo supplied someone to come out and train our employees and his personal line so we were able to call him whenever we have questions. That was a great help. We also enjoyed their training videos supplied on Kareo university.

Pros

It is a clean looking software and is very quick. It is very quick and easy to input payments and make notes on the payments. It is also easy to look at the AR to see what was denied, pending, etc. Most of the denials also have codes that help us figure out why it has not been paid.

Cons

Some parts of the program are confusing and not intuitive. Applying payments seems like it is a more extensive process than it needs to be. Calling for customer service is also a pain because I am often on hold for a long time, at least 30 minutes, and the people I am calling often do not seem knowledgeable.

LB

Luanna B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Easy to navigate, one flaw

Unfortunately benefits don't always outweigh risks. Working with another small practice and when asked if I would recommend Kareo I had to say no in its current state. I hope the bugs are fixed soon, so that can be a yes.

Pros

Easy to navigate, easy to teach when onboarding new associates to our practice

Cons

The site locks up, crashes or simply won't open multiple times a week which puts our productivity behind. Costing overtime hours

Thank you very much for your feedback Luanna, as it helps us improve. We understand that the experience this past month has not been optimal and our goal is to help your productivity, not to impact it negatively. We have certainly put matters in to play to prioritize our customer experience and continue to invest in overall performance stability. We hope to turn that sentiment back to a "yes!" as soon as possible. Thank you again for your comments and we appreciate you for continuing to bestowal your trust in us. Best, Kareo

SS

Shelly S.

Kareo Product

Pros

It is a user friendly product. Different ways to get to the same outcome. A/R easy to read.

Cons

Sometimes customer service is difficult to understand.

AM

Armen M.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Better than most

Customer service patient dashboard and simple interface.

Pros

Modern platform, ease of use and on-boarding options.

Cons

It's not for large organizations, that said it will fit most practices.

Harold A.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Perfect product if you want a hands-off approach to your web presence.

First Year 8/10 Second Year 6/10 Third Year 4/10 Ideal for someone that wants a "Hands Off" service to pick up some new patients.

Pros

The look of the final product is quite impressive and patients frequently complement us about this as a practice gateway. The support staff in the initial phase of setting up our service was truly exceptional and quite responsive, I think the initial phase took two months or so. Since that time the support representative that has been assigned to our account has functioned at a very high level regardless...

Cons

Despite the positive response that we initially felt having started the service a few things became evident over the first year (we are now in our third year using the service). The fee that you pay to get started with the service is certainly a loss leader for the company, however over time once your website is set up and the secondary review sites are established there is very little intervention...

JG

Jan G.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Kareo for ParkerPT

It is a wonderful product to house medical billing information. You have easy access and may reports and tools to access when managing patient accounts. I love the on-boarding. I felt it was helpful and very comprehensive. I wish there were opportunities to work with this group to learn what is new or old that I could benefit from knowing. There is so much this system can do and I just don't feel like I am taking advantage of all the features because I don't use or remember to use from our initial training sessions.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and I like all the options you have but don't have to pay for unless you use. Being a small business we are always looking for ways to increase productivity and save money.

Cons

Posting of ERA. This has not been improved since we began using 10+ years ago and if it has then I missed the memo. You have to address each individual date of service verses reviewing and have post automatically. I would even be happy to setup default selections to make posting quicker. Also would like a resource to assist with rejection error messages that would provide suggested issues. Current messages can be very cryptic.

MM

Michele M.

Financial Services, self-employed

Billing Softare Tried and True

I have had an amazing experience with Kareo. Of course like any software program you will have hiccups and bumps in the road but after working in the medical billing industry for almost 15 years I can say that Kareo has been the best software program I have used!

Pros

The feature I like most about Kareo is the built in eligibility feature. Not having to login to numerous portals to check eligibility makes my job 10X easier!

Cons

I wish Kareo would not make you get out of the pt insurance info area to check the pts eligibility. This happened with the newest update and it is not very efficient at all. Also the same with adding a new Medicare policy, you have to get out of the insurance area and go back in to check hospice, the drop down box won't work unless you do this. Not efficient at all. I would also like to see Kareo automatically capitalize pt demographics when you are entering them, all other software programs I have used have this feature built into them.

BO

Blake O.

Kareo Practice Management

Reporting, posting payments, sending invoices, etc are all a breeze with the software. Customer service is without a doubt the most helpful and easiest of any vendor I've ever used.

Pros

The software is very easy to use after a few weeks of learning the in's and out's. I likely don't utilize half of what the software is capable of, but it's perfect for what I need.

Cons

I wish it was possible to integrate the Kareo Practice Management software with more than one EHR in my industry. It is only available for Medicfusion integration.

BK

Bailey K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

User friendly

Pros

Very easy transition to this software. User friendly.

Cons

Would like to customize super bill more Need capability to have multiple participants in telemed visits And to resend link as needed.

LS

Leann S.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Disappointed

I wish I could say something that is being solved with Kareo, but at best it's a functional bare bones EMR, where you can document notes and bill. If you need much more than that, chose another EMR.

Pros

Documenting the H&P and progress note is pretty straightforward and easy. The superbill completion is also easy and seems to function well.

Cons

Where to start... first, it seems that Kareo expects that you and your practice should conform to their clunky set up. after the initial sales call (their sales guy is great), you're expected to schedule weekly phone visits with Kareo's on boarding coordinator. She made a point to say how busy she is and need to schedule far in advance so that she can fit you into her schedule. Really? The coordinator...

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you feel Kareo has not met your expectations. Success Coaches serve as your main point of contact upon sign up during your implementation, their role is to guide assistance through milestones and facilitate processes between different departments (enrollments, training, support, etc). Although training may be intensive, it is very important that it be...

MW

Melvin W.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Things I would like to see

Overall I think this is a very good platform and very easy to understand.

Pros

Karen is a very easy platform to maneuver. I like how you can find you client data with one or two clicks.

Cons

I would like to see patients that are made inactive be placed in an archive. By looking at names that are no longer a client make it takes longer for me to maneuver through the platform. Also the charge for telemedicine sessions is ridiculous. I have to pay $7.00 per session. Telemedicine is about 80% of my business so I never can budget for Karen it is always a surprise at the end of the month....

JK

Joan K.

Patient Pop is Patient PLOP Dramatic fall i. Organic

Every one is as nice and sweet as can be , although most almost clueless Patient pop should be ashamed of product site put out filled with errors. Cuts and paste. zero SEO optimization. The parts did write were just generic and NOT applicable for my practice at all Choosing patient pop over my previous web builder (changed on basis of what sales people told me ) was BIGGEST most costly mistake ever. Have documented proof of loss of revenue beginning two weeks after site went live and dramatic fall off on organic ranking

Pros

Nothing. Except Like call tracking , but this is very common. Have this with other things I used. Don’t like that with phone call leads cannot add notes

Cons

Don’t know where to begin. As i was told OVER PROMISED. UNDERDELIVERED Web site development is at level of intro self building. Plug abs build website. Most everyone talk to knows nothing even of most basic website elements and relays message. Horrendous website building experience. I had to build over 90% of it myself and still patient pop couldn’t get it right. Paid in August and still don’t have the website complete I LOST my top organic search presence dominance withong two weeks of patient pop going live. I have been in business six years and dominated legs is SEO before patient pop

BC

Brandon C.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Needs improvements, but has potential

The customer support is always nice, but their seems to never be a resolution or even a phone call from higher ups in the company explaining what is going on. It would be nice to be a little more informed and involved with them, because they have great potential. It is an affordable software, but very very frustrated when problems arise.

Pros

It has a smooth feel and not terribly hard to learn how to navigate the software. Also has a nice and easy to use self help page to look up "how to do's" on your own. The customer support is always friendly.

Cons

Several glitches. We were told to get the P400 card processor, which worked for a few swipes, then no longer is capturing on the Kareo side; however, the Stripe is capturing the transaction. We had made multiple phone calls to Kareo and Stripe, none of which has ever resolved the situation, and this has been months of reaching out. Also a big glitch in the patient's appointment times. We have...

Hello, Thank you for sharing your insights on your experience while using Kareo. We are disappointed to hear that you've had issues with collecting payments, processing eRX requests or entering diagnosis codes. We would like to discuss these issues further with you. Someone will be reaching out to you to obtain your contact information so a specialist can contact you as soon as possible. Thank you again for your time and sharing your feedback, Kareo

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Vandalized my practice.

Hard to say all that is bad. I so wanted to like this service. They falsified reporting to me. To try to inflate their influence they reported more than one patient as having written positive reviews weeks before the patient's first contact with me. Then, they denied it. I asked them to not do anything with my account from then on as I couldn't trust them. Over considerable time, I built out my...

Pros

Ease of access to analytics. The people were quite friendly, but one didn't know what the other was doing.

Cons

1.) The disorganization of the staff. One person did not know what the other was doing. No one took responsibility for anything.2.) Can't get a straight answer from anyone, or at least not a consistent answer.3.) The sales people are deceptive. I specifically asked if I would be in complete control of my website and I was assured I would. I have no control.4.) THEY control all of your data, not...

PS

Patrick S.

3 year review

Overall Kareo has been a good learning experience for me to determine what I expect and need from an EHR system. I have been looking into others systems and expect to be with another company within a year. For a small clinic, this may work well for a provider. For a Group Practice that is expanding, it is lacking the support for the amount of issues they are working to fix.

Pros

Price. As a new practice, price was very influential in the decision to go with Kareo. Our Success Coach was very helpful at first. Kareo appeared to have a high turnover initially which made it difficult during the first several months. However the Success Coaches were the highlight of Kareo's customer support.

Cons

The fact of the matter is their customer support lacks the manpower to answer calls in a timely manner to be helpful. I have had staff/myself on hold for over 30 min waiting to get through to customer support on several occasions. Just in the last couple weeks I opened a case file. Kareo says they will have someone call you within a certain time-frame. A week later I had my staff call to only find out that the case was closed out without anyone calling us and the problem still persisted. We have issues with provider super billing that rearranges diagnosis codes from the provider view to the billing view. Provider lists diagnosis in a certain order and when billing receives it it is in a different order.

Hello Patrick, Thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us. We are committed to working with you on overcoming any obstacles you've experienced, and will have someone reach out to you directly to discuss your concerns more in depth. Thank you again for your honest feedback, and we look forward to speaking to you soon, Regards, Kareo

KS

Kyle S.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Run Away. Kareo is Awful and Could Ruin Your Practice. It Nearly Ruined Ours. Stay Away.

Horrible. Kareo managed billing was absolutely horrible. We lost tens and tens of thousands of dollars to incompetence and mistakes. Collections were so bad it nearly cost us our practice. We were told they had knowledgeable billers and coders, but the opposite was true. It got so bad that Kareo has to sell off their managed billing department, which took this nightmare to a whole new level. We are still trying to clean up the messes that they made. But there was only so much we could do and the providers never got paid. The people who took over said that they had never seen such gross incompetence.

Pros

Nothing. The interface is modern looking, but it hides the abominable lack of functionality. The EHR is a poorly thought out and is missing basic functionality. The whole system is clunky and you and your staff will waste countless hoursuyiuyi

Cons

I do not have enough room to write a complete list of how terrible Kareo is. Basically, the EHR is a poorly thought out and is missing basic functionality. The whole system is clunky and you and your staff will waste countless hours trying to create work arounds. Your system will go down in the middle of your clinic and you have no recourse. During a particularly bad couple of days of no and/or unusably...

Hello Kyle, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience and truly value your feedback. It is important to us to understand where we may be falling short so we can continue to focus on providing a world-class experience for our customers. Although our managed billing solution is now managed by a separate company, this was not due to inadequate...

DW

Daniel W.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Eprescribing is virtually unusable and company does not care

Software looks slick to an administrator but is absolutely frustrating if you are busy and trying to diagnose and prescribe for patients. Get something that does the basics well.

Pros

It looks slick in a sales presentation and has numerous features for collecting bills.

Cons

1. There is no way to refill an eprescription. 2. There is no way to verify whether eprescriptions are received except to call the pharmacy which takes forever. At irregular intervals eprescriptions are not received. Patients are upset. 3. You have to manually enter your NDEAN for every single rx for buprenorphine. This is an incredible waste of time. The company doesn't care. 3. It does absolutely...

Thanks for the review. Kareo allows refills of standard eRX and EPCS requests. For EPCS requests(Specific to Schedule iii and iv medications only), you can add up to 3 refills when creating the prescription(or up to 90 days of refills). For Schedule i and ii, refills aren't allowed but you're able to set future refill dates the pharmacy will not fill until the specified date. For errors with eRX or...

JT

James T.

The worst of the worst

You have been warned, don't use Kareo. Customer service is zero! Literally none. I have written multiple times about this issue. It either gets ignored or I get a reply 6 weeks later that says to "clear my cookies". Brilliant suggestion, I am a moron and never thought of that.....and guess what? That solution doesn't work at all! You can disable cookies it doesn't matter. You will be logged out over and over for the rest of eternity. My wife is dealing with it as we speak. Also payments through Kareo is a complete joke. This is 4th grade software, and isn't worth the price. Spend $50 more and get something that actually functions.

Pros

It's a fairly simple layout with easy navigation and basic functionality. Easy to learn and get started because it has almost no functionality. Notes are somewhat easy to write.

Cons

This is the single most frustrating EMR I have ever seen and I have used at least 8 different ones. I had heard this was a problem from other reviews but I figured they were doing something wrong or it wouldn't happen to me. Here is the issue: Kareo has a timed automatic logout feature. BUT.... it doesn't work like anything else I have ever seen. It will log you out in the middle of a note, when...

AT

Amber T.

Extraordinarily Disappointing

I would not recommend doing business with Kareo at all. Their products are sub-par. I have found out just how sub-par in the last 3 months of transitioning. Any organization that continues to charge a customer's credit card after twice confirming a plan cannot be trusted, and that was after numerous other broken promises. The people we worked with were all very nice, but the systems they had to work in failed to actually assist customers. Please invest your time and resources elsewhere.

Pros

Our small 2 provider office started out relatively successfully with Kareo about 4 years ago with both EHR and Practice Management (PM). I thought my trainer did a good job. After that...it was downhill.

Cons

We added three more providers in time. Kareo's promised functionality on their PM platform didn't receive attention, support or vision that really paid off on the user end. The EHR experienced minor improvements that were hailed as miracles, however still lacked significant benefits. Kareo transitioned to charging for EHR and the communication with us at least failed completely. It took 2 months...

DB

David B.

Kareo Billing Review

Very satisfied

Pros

Very easy to use software. The installation and set up was seamless.

Cons

A few glitches on the online payment platform. Patient are told to sign into the patient portal to see an itemized statement. That is not possible if only using the billing platform as a standalone module.