Little Hotelier Reviews

User ratings

4.2

• Likelihood to recommend8.16/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

A friend who had been in the hotel industry for many years recommended that we incorporate this software to help manage our online reservations. It was one of the best decisions we have made.

JS

James S.

CD

Catherine D.

The integration and change was so simple and the support from Little Hotelier was amazing. The Reports section is so helpful with the day to day accounting.

CD

Catherine D.

Since the updates, it lags when you try to drag a booking between rooms/ beds and it also refreshes every time you try to do something which is very frustrating.

SN

Sam N.

Initially it was horrible and we began looking for alternatives.

TN

Tom N.

I was trying to input previous guests into the system and customize emails for marketing. There was no way to do this without creating a reservation, then cancelling it.

LB

ResNexus

Cloudbeds-logocaret

Cloudbeds

Compare both
How would you rate Little Hotelier?

the solution my property needed

Helps on a daily basis to update and keep track of the rooms I have booked on my property without the need to invest in expensive software that gets outdated easily.

Pros

Easy of use, almost no training needed. Perfecto customer support. Always up to date with new settings for the users.

Cons

There is nothing negative about it. It was the perfect solution for the property i manage, helped on the daily processes.

Hi Alfonso, Thank you for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Thanks, Misha

Simple and easy to use

After using the software for just over 2 years now I am still very happy with Little Hotelier - we are a basic room only 2* hotel and the software is perfect for us. I have researched other companies and had demonstrations but Little Hotelier although not the cheapest, is good value for money and has helped streamline our business and saves time. It is so simple to use. During Covid we have struggled with our with having the finances to pay the fees. The company have really helped and bent over backwards to help us.

Pros

Very easy to use with clear uncluttered screen layout. It was the first time we used a CMS as the hotel had not really got into the 21st Century. The integration and change was so simple and the support from Little Hotelier was amazing. The Reports section is so helpful with the day to day accounting Very rarely have any glitches or problems with the software. I am pleased that we now have a choice of 14 and 28 day calendar view

Cons

The invoices are unnecessarily complicated and take up too much paper. Guests do not want a copy of their invoice that is 3 pages long if they have stayed for a month. Obviously we email invoices if requested but guests do comment and say it is too complicated. If a guest cancels through our OTA, and they fall within the free period they are not charged, but Little Hotelier does not remove the cost so it comes up as an outstanding amount. It would be good to have a button that marks a guest as a no show so we can track how often this happens through the reporting (also we still take payment for the room)

Hi Catherine, We loved getting your detailed review and amazing feedback! You've really encapsulated everything Little Hotelier tries to be for small busy customers like yourself and we are so glad to hear it's really helped you streamline your business and save you time. Thank you for your suggestion regarding simplifying the invoices, they are currently designed to show a very detailed breakdown of nightly cost and extras added to the booking, so long stays can stretch out the invoice format, however this feedback has been added to our product team's development board for consideration. Thank you again for your partnership over the past 2 years, we hope to continue supporting you for many more. Warmest, Jessica

Little Hotelier

The cons led me to leave Little Hotelier for a company with a personal technical customer service department. I pay more for it but its worth it to have a local accent to help when I need as well as my own account manager.

Pros

A lot of good functions, mostly easy to use.

Cons

When you need help with something the customer service is not good - it started off good but the outsourcing or whatever they changed it became difficult to get through then when you did get through you would need to be able to get over an accent issues as well as the technical issue you calling about. The calendar was also not helpful as if I had a one night stay in one room and the next day there was a one night stay in another room it would appear like we have a 2 night stay availably but we didn't so I would get abuse and be accused of lying not very pleasant.

excellent but with major gigantic faults

very good. would be great the ingenues there understand these two points and stop being blind about the, give good service without dual interests. and they will have a super app. that will make much more revenue than this stripe co-related business.

Pros

user friendly interface, integration with other siteminder softwares. and new apps... that are very useful. vote 10! but

Cons

gigantic problem. there is no way to put in evidence in the calendar with a strong color the bookings that are still unprocessed or have problems. And siteminder aims on a percentage of the business coming from STRIPE quite clearly. Conflict of interests, good service to their clients, against making more money from percentages of all Stripe sales. WRONG, morally wrong. ...

Hi Stefano, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. It's great to hear that you find Little Hotelier excellent with a user-friendly interface, and are enjoying our huge range of connections and app integrations. With regards the problems you are having with payments, there is no way for the system to be able to track status of a payment unless connected to a gateway so if you are manually taking...

Awesome software for a micro operation.

It's been great since the outset. Excellent customer service/support. It's clearly a company that cares about what it does. I think they would fare even better if they were to promote some of the features/apps they offer.

Pros

Ease of use. Integration with the other apps available. Flexibility of the view in the calendar. The reports and analytics. And there are tons of features I would love to explore but don't have the time.

Cons

Not much. I'm really pleased with the recent upgrades to the mobile app. The only feature I'd like to see is the ability for me to colour code my calendar based on the incoming channel. That way I would have a quick visual confirmation that tells me at a glance where the reservations are coming from and would quickly indicate to me how any specific promotion is doing depending on the channel. If the reservation also could have an indicator of what promotion was used, that would be even better!

Fantastic product and service.

I am extremely happy with Little Hotelier. Their customer service is excellent and they are very helpful in helping when I have an issue and extremely patient and polite.

Pros

It has everything I need, reports, customisable emails, guest registration forms and invoices. An app that at a quick glance I can easily see what I need to as well as do bookings. Integration with my website and OTAs.

Cons

I found the set up a bit confusing , but I am not good at technology and am new to the industry, so it could be me and not the system.

Hi Melanie, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate your feedback. Please, don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need help with anything along the way. Our support team is available 24/7 via chat for any inquiries you may have. We loved hearing your thoughts and so greatly appreciate your partnership with us, Melanie! Kindest, Jessica.

ting

Pros

ease of use, price, great features, linked with website and other software

Cons

not enough features, can lag some times, needs added features like making rooms clean or dirty etc

Hi Ting, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We are glad you enjoy having everything in one place with Little Hotelier. We are working on adding more enhancements to our system. We will definitely let you know of any future updates, so you can make the most out of everything. In the meantime, you can connect Little Hotelier to almost 100 integrated apps. You can check more here: https://appstore.siteminder.com/ Thanks for your trust! Warmest, Jessica

Outstanding

Extremely good service and perfect product.

Pros

Simple and still provides everything you need

Cons

Nothing. It's outstanding. I've literally not had one single problem or one single wish not fulfilled.

Tech help is not available on weekends? I haven't been able to log in for a few weeks. That's bad!

The only reason I wouldn't recco it now is because of the lack of tech support on the weekends. There's no excuse for the NO HELP on weekends. That's when we are the busiest and it's frustrating being hung out to dry with no help. What do you mean...your answering service says we are closed for the weekend....that's horrible to do to your customers who count on you to keep their balls in the air...I need to charge cards and get information and check for availability...Right now I can't stand this program.

Pros

I'm not saying anything above the software. I've read other peoples' comments and I am agreeing with them that it could be better. For me having 4 rooms and a private suite of 2 rooms...which means 5 total...and being the first online reservation program that I've ever used I was pleased...but no help on weekends? What's that about. That's nonsense. We in the wine country mostly have weekend visitors...

Cons

I haven't been able to access the program from my computer for three or so weeks. They've taken away the person who used to manage my account and she was a Gem. Return call right after her morning meetings...never let me hang. Even called me one time on a weekend. I thought can you imagine that....but not even a tech available on a weekend..my gosh...I can't use a program without assistance when I need it...could me once in a year but when you need help with running your business that is when you need it. Frustrated here in Plymouth, CA.

Hi Sandra, Thanks for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. We value all feedback from our customers and your feedback has been passed directly onto management. Weekend support is something we are working towards internally. Our support team will have more details and dates on when this will be available in the near future so we will keep you updated. Also, we have contacted your support team and they will be in touch to sort out the problem of you not being able to log into your account as soon as possible. Again, thank you for taking the time to submit your review. The team @ Little Hotelier

Modern software

tracking my holiday rental business

Pros

Little Hotelier is a good software for small hotels and self-catering properties. Great channel manager with a big number of booking sites/agents.

Cons

Little Hotelier is not providing booking calendar widgets codes for private websites made in Word Press.

Hi there, Thank you for reviewing Little Hotelier. We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience using Little Hotelier for your holiday rental business. If you have any further feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the team. Thanks, The team @ Little Hotelier

Love the team and staff but functionality is a real issue

Pros

Its easy to use and navigate and customer service is excellent, I like the team and the management and that they are based in Australia.

Cons

I am sorry to leave negative feedback as customer service is excellent but I have tried to contact directly 4 times (twice of those in writing) to prompt your software development team to fix some really basic functionality issues: 1. Automated Guest Letters - This is a basic function available in any hotel management system but Little Hotellier is the most limited I have seen. - There are no "fields"...

Difficult set-up-Good value after that

Initially it was horrible and we began looking for alternatives. Over the past 18 months we have come to rely on it as a foundational part of our success.

Pros

LH covers 90% of the tasks we need to complete in an effort to run the hotel. It is stable and reliable. It is very affordable.

Cons

Set-up was not intuitive and initially customer service support ineffective. Subsequent to launch we found the development team does not talk to the sales/customer support team so developers roll out beta versions of enhancements before the bugs are worked out and without telling customers of the changes. Initially I found the customer support team poorly trained with limited communication skills. I sensed they were also frustrated with their inability to satisfy customer needs. in the past 18 months I have not had to lean on customer service as frequently and when I do, the service is good.

Hi Tom, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We're really glad you're finding Little Hotelier as good value, stable and reliable. We continue to work on improving the products for customers like you. We appreciate your feedback about the onboarding process and you will be relieved to know we have made some big strides in streamlining and simplifying this process recently, however...

Important even though we are small!

Instant booking from our website and booking agencies has really helped to increase our reservations. We are very pleased with Little Hotelier

Pros

Little Hotelier is designed for small Hotels/Bed&Breakfasts. We have only three rooms. When I looked at others and they asked if we had more or less than 100 rooms, I felt they were not interested in hotels like ours. Yet, Little Hotelier is part of Siteminder a company that does work with the large hotels, best of both worlds. Little Hotelier offered an easy gateway for deposits and channel manager to connect to booking agencies. When we change a rate or availability, it instantly updates everywhere. Customer service with chat or a person by phone has been wonderful.

Cons

I feel the most complicated thing is connecting to Channels. I find I need help each time I add a new channel and still cannot master it on my own. The good thing is support is quick to answer questions and makes a new connection easily. Once a channel is connected, I do not need to go back again.

Hi Lars, You are so right! Little Hotelier is completely designed for little properties like yours - we are the one for the small! You'll always find us prioritising your unique needs above all. It's great to hear that Little Hotelier is really helping your property get time back so you get the efficiencies you need everyday. And yes, our support team are always at the ready to help you 24/7 on chat directly in your product, or on the phone if you prefer to speak to someone. Thanks once again allowing us to be part of your small business journey! We're so glad you're with us. Warmest regards, Jessica

The Cabins at Cloudcroft

We love LH and have had several chances to change providers. With the exception of the two issues above, we would not change.

Pros

It's easy to use, the reports are on the spot, and the online interface (booking button) is top-notch. Customer service is some of the best I have experienced.

Cons

I do not like that I cannot combine duplicate guest records. Every time a reservation is made and there is something as simple as a changed "-" or period, a new customer record is made and the previous reservations tied to the first customer record are not coupled. This is a big time-waster for me, especially when I am making reservations. Having to thumb through multiple records when I have multiple...

Hi Karl, Thank you so much for your insightful feedback. We are so glad to hear you are happy with our booking engine and our support team. Working on improving our customers' experience is always a collaborative journey for us, so on your point on duplications and blacklists, we've shared your recommendations with our product team's for consideration alongside other customer's suggestions. Thank you again for choosing Little Hotelier, Karl. Kindest, Jessica

Little hotelier makes bookings easy

Excellent service highly recommend

Pros

I cannot double book a room and customer service is excellent very patient even with a non computer geek like me

Cons

It tends to ask for the password every other day

Hi Christine, Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so glad to hear our support team is doing their best to assist you. For your security and that of your guest's data, we have a multi-factor authentication process that ensures your password is updated every 90 days. This is common best practice in any online system. ...

Overall great product, some multi-language options can be improved.

Pros

Great customer service, very customizable, integrates seamlessly with our webpage

Cons

We have clients who speak English and Spanish. By changing the language in front desk there is a long delay before the language change is reflected on the invoices and hotel confirmations. It would be ideal if there was a way to detect the language of the user and send documents in their language of choice for best communication.

Dear Karl, We're really happy that you're satisfied with your Little Hotelier product and service experience! We're also glad to note that our work on multi-lingual enhancements in product and through our support team is meeting your needs. Your suggestion about auto-detecting user language of...

Why I switched to Little Hotelier for my small holiday stay business

Superb training and help in understanding the system, developing it, using it. I would otherwise be using a set of spreadsheets, manually, to organize and record information crucial to running a small holiday stay business.

Pros

1) ease of use of Front Desk for bookings on my own website 2) excellent Channel Manager software, and Payment software, integrated with booking calendar in Front Desk 3) unbelievably friendly and helpful customer support and training video resources 4) modern mobile phone and tablet friendly software for users 5) innovative tie-in with Google maps and search

Cons

Inability to easily customize forms and templates for reports for self use as well as for customers . It can be done if one is comfortable using java script style code. But I'm only an HTML/css trained guy. I'd like to see something friendly like Wordpress uses - our own website is run through self-hosted Wordpress and its "templates" and customizability is excellent for someone with my skill set.

Hi John, Thank you so much for taking the time to review SiteMinder! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue providing you with the best possible customer experience. Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly, and our support staff helpful! We value the feedback we receive...

Great little software for a little property

Great experience so far happy with it,

Pros

The software is extremely simple to use, which is exactly what we needed. With just a little training, our staff is able to use it intuitively. Simplicity is key for our staff

Cons

Because it is very simple, it could use some additional features such as adding Agents or being able to split a bill. Few issues here and there, but it's good having chat to talk to staff when it's available. Our other PMS software is in India, but they have staff at northamerican hours A big problem is the time of services since the staff is in Australia or somewhere with a total different time zone , to practical for northamerica. They need at least couple of staff living in this continent working remotely to attend clients needs

Hi Ricardo, We so appreciate your recent review shared with us! It's wonderful to hear that Little Hotelier is working so well for your little property. Our aim is to make sure we're simple yet complete with all the essential tools you need to manage your needs with minimal training required. With regards your feedback on split reservations and billing, we've raised this with our product team for their future development consideration. We do appreciate your input - keep it coming! Finally, on support - you may not be aware but our support experts are available 24/7 on chat right in your product when you login. We are always available to help you around the clock in your time zone, Ricardo. Warmest, Jessi

Fantastic tool for hotel room inventory management

Very positive, the software generally suits all our needs as a small property and the support team is always very helpful.

Pros

The integrated features that link to all channel and our website, saving an enormous amount of time through automatics inventory updates and automatic emails to guests

Cons

The booking window could be expanded especially with the disruption of Covid some guests are tying to book more than 2 years from the current date..

Dear Lisa, Thanks so much for sharing your review on Little Hotelier. The team are really thrilled that automation and integrations are creating incredible time savings for you! On booking windows expanding...

Easy to use and cost effective

Very good.

Pros

- The fact that we don't have to insert the same information for repetitive guests. The info pops out as soon as we type the name of the booking. - The fact that we don't pay commission for bookings coming from OTA's - we pay only a flat monthly fee - The type of reports given - So easy to use

Cons

- The fact that we have to create different bookings for same guest coming for interrupted dates (some guests leave for 1 night and then come back). - The fact that we have to create different bookings for guests that move bedrooms. (some guests have to change rooms and the system doesn't allow the same booking to have a change of rooms or dates)

Hi Susana, We really appreciate your feedback and the time taken to share it. It's great to hear that Little Hotelier is helping you to save time, so you can focus on your guests. We are really glad you are able to manage your business cost-effectively with us. In relation to your suggestion about creating different bookings for the same guests, this is something that has been considered by our product team. We really appreciate your feedback and ongoing partnership. Warmest, Jessica

Little Hotelier could not have arrived at a better time.

After spending one month with front office manager we added OTAs. Two days before our second month ended I had to get surgery on my foot. I am now in the 5th week of having to spend 7 weeks with my foot elevated 23 1/2 hours a day. Because of little hotelier I have been able to run the office and manage the OTAs from my bed and the couch. July is traditionally one of our 3 slowest months. Despite my Recuperation restrictions we closed July with 87.6 % occupancy. How many times do you get to lay in bed for a month and earn a bonus.

Pros

I like to be able to view the calendar wherever I am, in order to check availability . My wife and I also give it a quick look in the morning and plan for the day. Second I love the reports key. I can check income, statistics and break them down in so many ways in seconds. It is great to be able to rattle off numbers to my boss at the drop of a hat. Third I have been very successful filling up rooms by running last minute specials on the OTAs. It only takes a few seconds to advertise world wide . I can also cancel them just as fast.

Cons

I would like to be able to remove any reservation or payment in cause of last minute change. Once you check someone in you can't reverse it. I would like to have a master code to check credit card information instead of having to go to my e-mail for a new code each time. One other very small item that is just a pet peeve but I wish it would auto format the phone numbers.

Hi Dan & Joanie, Thank you kindly for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it. We are so glad to hear how happy you are with Little Hotelier. We have taken on board your feedback and will look to implement these features in the near future to make the operation of your property easier for you. Regards, The Little Hotelier Team

6 years and many more to come happy customer

Live customer service is precious

Pros

Reliable and simple to use yet versatile

Cons

Small business affordable. Good value for what it offers.

Hi Olga, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and other hoteliers. It's customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. We are so happy to hear you have been with us for 6 years. That's a milestone. We will keep working to innovate and make sure you keep having a great experience with us. Thanks again for all your support and kind words. Warmest, Jessica

Great System and Support

We recently transitioned our property to this software and we are pleased with the software. As with any system, there are little things that could be adjusted or added that would make this a 5 star system, but at this time they are not implemented or available. Housekeeping report is very basic. Adjusting the rates is very easy and pushes out to all connected channels correctly. Guest emails and communication...

Cons

Hi Justin, Thank you for taking the time to review us - we really appreciate your feedback! We have taken your comments on board and you will be pleased to know that we are working on an integrated payment solution that will be available very soon. You'll be able to process payments in a click! Our product team is working hard to continuously improve and evolve our solution and our product...

Good reliable booking solution

We wish that LH doesn't make the software too sophisticated because it wouldn't help.

Pros

- The service for setting up this software was outstanding. We came from an other nonfunctional very expensive software solution and there was no problem for the customer service to take the database over to the LH system. It is very easy to handle.

Cons

There are still some little software improvements to do. Invoicing to travel agents, direct email from the system to guest about the booking and changes they make along the way. Mapping could be easier. Too many nonsense emails from the support.

Hi Werner, Thank you for taking the time to review Little Hotelier, we really appreciate it. Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly and our on-boarding process smooth. We are always looking for ways to continually improve our users' experience, so we appreciate your feedback. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Thanks, Misha

Ideal PMS

I started with Siteminder in 2008 and watched it develop over the years. Then it morphed into the PMS Littlehotelier which enabled me to go totally paperless and manage everything easily even from my mobile phone when I am away from the office.

Pros

It works, meaning it does a lot of work for you, saving you time and effort

Cons

Relatively expensive. The inventory page is slow to load.

Hi Dirk, Firstly, we want to thank you for being such a loyal customer and member of the Little Hotelier community! It's excellent that you've gotten such great results using our products. We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and have a dedicated support team. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Have a wonderful rest of your week ahead :) Thanks, Misha