Little Hotelier Reviews

Web-based reservation & accommodation management

Review Summary

James S.

Read the full review
Overall, we are very pleased with this software and the integration with OTA channels and our website works like a charm.

Justin R.

Read the full review
Service is fantastic and this is a very robust product given the price point.

Brooke D.

Read the full review

Cons

I can't imagine a worse one out there but I don't have the time now to change over all of our information to a new system so I am trapped with them for the time being.

Cathy B.

Read the full review
No alerts are sent when there is a problem that can potentially affect a number users. Therefore you don't know if its your problem or a overall problem.

Mandy C.

Read the full review
Reporting and Billing with poor to no Customisation. Website within Little Hotelier complicated with absolutely no support.

Kevin F.

3.9

the solution my property needed

Helps on a daily basis to update and keep track of the rooms I have booked on my property without the need to invest in expensive software that gets outdated easily.

Pros

Easy of use, almost no training needed. Perfecto customer support. Always up to date with new settings for the users.

Cons

There is nothing negative about it. It was the perfect solution for the property i manage, helped on the daily processes.

Hi Alfonso, Thank you for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Thanks, Misha

Tech help is not available on weekends? I haven't been able to log in for a few weeks. That's bad!

The only reason I wouldn't recco it now is because of the lack of tech support on the weekends. There's no excuse for the NO HELP on weekends. That's when we are the busiest and it's frustrating being hung out to dry with no help. What do you mean...your answering service says we are closed for the weekend....that's horrible to do to your customers who count on you to keep their balls in the air...I need to charge cards and get information and check for availability...Right now I can't stand this program.

Pros

I'm not saying anything above the software. I've read other peoples' comments and I am agreeing with them that it could be better. For me having 4 rooms and a private suite of 2 rooms...which means 5 total...and being the first online reservation program that I've ever used I was pleased...but no help on weekends? What's that about. That's nonsense. We in the wine country mostly have weekend visitors...

Cons

I haven't been able to access the program from my computer for three or so weeks. They've taken away the person who used to manage my account and she was a Gem. Return call right after her morning meetings...never let me hang. Even called me one time on a weekend. I thought can you imagine that....but not even a tech available on a weekend..my gosh...I can't use a program without assistance when I need it...could me once in a year but when you need help with running your business that is when you need it. Frustrated here in Plymouth, CA.

Hi Sandra, Thanks for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. We value all feedback from our customers and your feedback has been passed directly onto management. Weekend support is something we are working towards internally. Our support team will have more details and dates on when this will be available in the near future so we will keep you updated. Also, we have contacted your support team and they will be in touch to sort out the problem of you not being able to log into your account as soon as possible. Again, thank you for taking the time to submit your review. The team @ Little Hotelier

Good reliable booking solution

We wish that LH doesn't make the software too sophisticated because it wouldn't help.

Pros

- The service for setting up this software was outstanding. We came from an other nonfunctional very expensive software solution and there was no problem for the customer service to take the database over to the LH system. It is very easy to handle.

Cons

There are still some little software improvements to do. Invoicing to travel agents, direct email from the system to guest about the booking and changes they make along the way. Mapping could be easier. Too many nonsense emails from the support.

Hi Werner, Thank you for taking the time to review Little Hotelier, we really appreciate it. Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly and our on-boarding process smooth. We are always looking for ways to continually improve our users' experience, so we appreciate your feedback. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Thanks, Misha

Too basic for modern hotel management

Generally it is very easy to use day to day for bookings and reservations. However, this really is the base line for any PMS and I expect more control and convenience to manage my property. Accordingly I am looking for a replacement. Reservations does not handle groups well at all. You can book multiple rooms on one reservation but only if all guests arrive and depart on the same days. You can't...

Pros

Easy to use dashboard and reservations control

Cons

Terrible (non-existent) groups control Poor accounting and billing system Complicated and inflexible rates control

THE UPDATE IS TERRIBLE

Are the staff at Little Hotelier in tech support are great they are patient kind helpful and knowledgeable but I am just so disappointed with this new face upgrade!!!!

Pros

When it looked so user-friendly it was user-friendly now it has literally become like all the rest are zoomed screen difficult to drag things and when you press on the icon it doesn’t bring you straight to today so you must always know your dates I find this update terrible I am very disappointed!!!

Cons

The update calendar is terrible .. I specifically signed up with Little Hotelier because it was different.. the screen was so simple and easy to see and read .. now it looks like an excel spread sheet!! I literally hate it!!! it was a step above the rest now it has literally downgraded to be just like everyone else’s! Yet the price keeps going up! :(

VERY NICE BUT WITH INCREDIBLE HOLES

I am sorry, the team is really supportive. and I am sorry to send in this negative review. I like the overall tone of the app. the calendar part and the synking. but there are some INCREDIBLE FAULTS in the RESERVATION LIST page I tried so many times to send out the message that the PAYMENTS PART needs some URGENT and I believe essential adjustments. I wasted time training, and setting...

Cons

Hi Stefano, Thank you for taking the time to review us - we appreciate your feedback and are really sorry to hear you are were not 100% happy. Our customers' success is our sole focus. We spend time helping our customers utilise the system to it's full advantage, and try take on all of the admin work to set you up so that you see the benefits immediately, without disrupting your tight schedule....

You asked for my opinion

barley enough to do the job, and for context, we are a seasonal 19 room golf lodge, and it barley gets the job done.

Pros

The customer service team is extremely helpful

Cons

As the manager and sole operator of the system with the phone app I do not have the ability to make a reservation, change the length of a stay, build out a quote. or any of the most basic operations of the job. the phone app is only a window to view what is happening with the system and does not let me alter anything in the system. A broken tool. The reporting functions are EXTREMELY limited, we only...

Hi Micah, Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. I am sorry to hear your experience has not lived up to our normal high standards. Regarding the App functionality, I wanted to point out that you are able to create a reservation and change the length of stay. To do this, navigate to the homepage and select "Create Reservation" at the bottom right. If you have a persistent...

The best design I have ever seen

Pros

Even I am not with Little Hotelier anymore I still remember great and bright design of PMS they have. Very user friendly. Understandable, intuitive.

Cons

The only problem of Little Hotelier (beed with them 3 years) has been timing answering support tickets.

Hi Zanneta, Thank you for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly. We're constantly working to improve the service and support we offer our customers and ensure that all support queries are answered in a timely and efficient manner. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with a member of the team. Thanks, Kaitlyn @ Little Hotelier

Modern software

tracking my holiday rental business

Pros

Little Hotelier is a good software for small hotels and self-catering properties. Great channel manager with a big number of booking sites/agents.

Cons

Little Hotelier is not providing booking calendar widgets codes for private websites made in Word Press.

Hi there, Thank you for reviewing Little Hotelier. We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience using Little Hotelier for your holiday rental business. If you have any further feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the team. Thanks, The team @ Little Hotelier

Love the team and staff but functionality is a real issue

Pros

Its easy to use and navigate and customer service is excellent, I like the team and the management and that they are based in Australia.

Cons

I am sorry to leave negative feedback as customer service is excellent but I have tried to contact directly 4 times (twice of those in writing) to prompt your software development team to fix some really basic functionality issues: 1. Automated Guest Letters - This is a basic function available in any hotel management system but Little Hotellier is the most limited I have seen. - There are no "fields"...

Why I switched to Little Hotelier for my small holiday stay business

Superb training and help in understanding the system, developing it, using it. I would otherwise be using a set of spreadsheets, manually, to organize and record information crucial to running a small holiday stay business.

Pros

1) ease of use of Front Desk for bookings on my own website 2) excellent Channel Manager software, and Payment software, integrated with booking calendar in Front Desk 3) unbelievably friendly and helpful customer support and training video resources 4) modern mobile phone and tablet friendly software for users 5) innovative tie-in with Google maps and search

Cons

Inability to easily customize forms and templates for reports for self use as well as for customers . It can be done if one is comfortable using java script style code. But I'm only an HTML/css trained guy. I'd like to see something friendly like Wordpress uses - our own website is run through self-hosted Wordpress and its "templates" and customizability is excellent for someone with my skill set.

Hi John, Thank you so much for taking the time to review SiteMinder! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue providing you with the best possible customer experience. Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly, and our support staff helpful! We value the feedback we receive...

Little Hotelier could not have arrived at a better time.

After spending one month with front office manager we added OTAs. Two days before our second month ended I had to get surgery on my foot. I am now in the 5th week of having to spend 7 weeks with my foot elevated 23 1/2 hours a day. Because of little hotelier I have been able to run the office and manage the OTAs from my bed and the couch. July is traditionally one of our 3 slowest months. Despite my Recuperation restrictions we closed July with 87.6 % occupancy. How many times do you get to lay in bed for a month and earn a bonus.

Pros

I like to be able to view the calendar wherever I am, in order to check availability . My wife and I also give it a quick look in the morning and plan for the day. Second I love the reports key. I can check income, statistics and break them down in so many ways in seconds. It is great to be able to rattle off numbers to my boss at the drop of a hat. Third I have been very successful filling up rooms by running last minute specials on the OTAs. It only takes a few seconds to advertise world wide . I can also cancel them just as fast.

Cons

I would like to be able to remove any reservation or payment in cause of last minute change. Once you check someone in you can't reverse it. I would like to have a master code to check credit card information instead of having to go to my e-mail for a new code each time. One other very small item that is just a pet peeve but I wish it would auto format the phone numbers.

Hi Dan & Joanie, Thank you kindly for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it. We are so glad to hear how happy you are with Little Hotelier. We have taken on board your feedback and will look to implement these features in the near future to make the operation of your property easier for you. Regards, The Little Hotelier Team

Ideal PMS

I started with Siteminder in 2008 and watched it develop over the years. Then it morphed into the PMS Littlehotelier which enabled me to go totally paperless and manage everything easily even from my mobile phone when I am away from the office.

Pros

It works, meaning it does a lot of work for you, saving you time and effort

Cons

Relatively expensive. The inventory page is slow to load.

Hi Dirk, Firstly, we want to thank you for being such a loyal customer and member of the Little Hotelier community! It's excellent that you've gotten such great results using our products. We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and have a dedicated support team. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Have a wonderful rest of your week ahead :) Thanks, Misha

Great System and Support

We recently transitioned our property to this software and we are pleased with the software. As with any system, there are little things that could be adjusted or added that would make this a 5 star system, but at this time they are not implemented or available. Housekeeping report is very basic. Adjusting the rates is very easy and pushes out to all connected channels correctly. Guest emails and communication...

Cons

Hi Justin, Thank you for taking the time to review us - we really appreciate your feedback! We have taken your comments on board and you will be pleased to know that we are working on an integrated payment solution that will be available very soon. You'll be able to process payments in a click! Our product team is working hard to continuously improve and evolve our solution and our product...

Makes managing an accommodation straight forward

We run a small accommodation. Little Hotelier is the third channel manager we have used and have been with them for many years now. If l have any problems that l cannot fix they are always their to talk too on the phone in order to solve any problems.

Pros

Little Hotelier recently upgraded their software. It has helped make it very user friendly and easy to navigate. Site is set up in a logical way so that drop down boxes are clearly explained and navigated. When we get a booking we immediately get an email with detailed and clear information on the guests. Very easy for people to use who are not that confident with using websites. Other channel managers l have used in the past were extremely complicated and way to many dropdown boxes which made to very confusing.

Cons

I find when l first go into the site their are way to many steps until you finally get in. Needs to have some kind of shortcut.

Hi David, Thank you for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us :) Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Thanks, Misha

Little Hotelier makes our small business more professional and cuts down administration time

Pros

It was easy to set up and is easy to use (for a non-technical person!) and it streamlines our booking process. It allowed me to set up an 'enquire only' on the booking engine so I can vet my guests and gave me the ability to use a pricing calculator for booking enquiries and the use of a compliant credit card system. It was good to link it to my Facebook page. It is very handy to have it on my mobile to use whenever and wherever I like.

Cons

My only problem is that it's not a channel manager and the calendar doesn't link to Air BnB and Stayz - I have to change the calendars individually for every booking. That's because I don't take direct online bookings and need to vet guests first, but it would be good to link the calendar bookings to i-Cal.

Hi Jen, Thanks for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. It's great to hear that you had a good experience setting up the system and are enjoying the convenience of our app. You'll be excited to hear that it was recently announced that Airbnb has chosen Little Hotelier to be the first channel manager with a real-time, two way connection. This will eliminate the need for an iCal connection as you can connect to Airbnb as a channel and your inventory will be automatically updated as a booking is made on Airbnb. Your hotel will be able to apply to connect to Airbnb over the coming weeks when our connection live. Keep an eye out for the link on our website or communication via email. Let me know if you require any more information. Thanks, Kaitlyn @ SiteMinder

Esay to use

very good but do not like the contact by telephone. have had no luck speaking to anyone after holding for a long time the call goes to a message box each time!! please improve your telephone conatct although email support is pretty efficient

Pros

Ease of use - not too complicated. Front desk visuals easy to comprehend at a glance. App for mobile so easy to use when offsite. Good invoicing system

Cons

Log in sometimes tricky especially if need to change password.

Hi Stephanie, We really appreciate you taking the time to share with us about your experience with Little Hotelier! Thank you for your insightful feedback and we certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and have a dedicated support team. We are actively ramping up our support team so that we can better serve our customers needs. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Thanks, Misha

Little Hotelier

A friend who had been in the hotel industry for many years recommended that we incorporate this software to help manage our online reservations. It was one of the best decisions we have made. The support team from Little Hotelier has been fantastic. They know their product and are always patient when providing over the phone support.

Pros

It is relatively straight forward to use and is incredibly useful for running our business.

Cons

We have not been able to fault anything about this software.

Hi James, We want to say thank you for taking time out to review us! We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile :) Thanks, Misha

Daily user

Pros

Easy to set to and use. Easy fir a new user to follow and provided all the relevant information when making a booking.

Cons

Slow to respond after an update of software. no alerts are sent when there is a problem that can potentially affect a number users. Therefore you don't know if its your problem or a overall problem

Hi Mandy, First of all, thanks so much for taking time out to review us! We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and have a dedicated support team. We have some exciting changes coming that will alleviate the issues you mentioned. We hope these changes will make life a little easier for all of our customers. Thanks again for trusting us to be your partner. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with :) All the best, Misha

lacks reporting and statistical reporting

good for maintaining reservations but quite basic in its design. from a functional point of view does not allow for traces to be set for specific days for reminders, cannot set overbooking levels and cannot provide details by room type, business on the books etc. If you make one reservation for 2 rooms it cannot let you know later what the Average rate per room was as it combines the details. The reporting side is very weak and you cannot get all the details exported to excel to mange the data yourself. Good for the basics but don't expect much more. Call center good and responsive but as system is lacking capability most questions go to the development team so no idea when basic features will actually be added

Pros

easy to use good interface to OTA

Cons

lack of reporting no tracing features for reminders not good statistical cannot get data dump to excel to compensate for lack of reports

Hi Chris, Thanks for sharing your experience with Little Hotelier. We¿re glad to hear that you enjoy the interface, easy connectivity, and customer service. We appreciate your valuable feedback on the functionality within the system and can assure you that enhanced reporting is on our roadmap. We¿re always looking to improve Little Hotelier to make sure the features are as powerful as they are simple to use, so please contact us at [email protected] with any additional feedback. Regards, The Little Hotelier Team

Beware: Track your payments

Unsatisfactory. Still waiting for accounts payable that are due over 90 days.

Pros

Looks good and easy to use. The software is much better than some of the hack channel managers available.

Cons

The problem is the service behind the software. After the initial period of on-boarding, there is no responsive account representative, it is very difficult to get technical support and impossible on the financial end. We experienced double bookings due to glitching of the channel manager and booking engine. Technical support failed to take responsibility, simply blaming the OTAs . On the financial side, Siteminder (the company behind Little Hotelier) has taken deposit payments from customers on our behalf and failed to on-ward transfer them. Accounts are due over 90 days. Advice: monitor all your set up and financial integration very closely.

Hi Angela, Firstly, I am so sorry that we had not suitably resolved your outstanding issue with payments and that you felt you have not received the highest level of support to resolve the issues promptly. I have personally escalated this to our senior payment specialist, who has been in touch. Unfortunately this issue involves Stripe, therefore we had to work with them to resolve the issue that occurred. I am pleased to let you know the issue is resolved on our end, and the funds should have been promptly returned. We thank you for your continued patience as we worked with Stripe to get this resolved. If there's anything else I can do, please let me know, Angela. Sincerely, Misha Stemper

Whispering Pines review

I like using Little Hotelier

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to use

Cons

I find it hard to make a reservation on the mobile phone when I am out. I usually use a desktop which is very easy to use. I don't really like using the mobile phone anyway. It is much easier on a desktop .When you are making a booking and you put in a discount or a percentage. It doesn't take it off the extra people amount.

Hi Monique, We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. Thanks for leaving us a review! We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and updates and have a dedicated support team. So we appreciate your insightful feedback on the mobile app. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. All the best, Misha

Little Hotelier

Overall the experience with Little Hotelier is excellent.

Pros

We can turn the computer on and login and check future bookings without having to refer to hard copies when you have a direct inquiry.

Cons

Having to change the password every 3 months. Having to hold on when you call the call centre in a que.

Hi Robert, Thank you for your wonderful review and taking the time to share your opinion with us. We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. It's excellent that you've gotten great results using the product! Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. All the best, Misha

Fantastic Software

Pros

Little Hotelier makes my life so much easier managing different OTA channels and is so easy to use and navigate. I would highly recommend to any small to medium sized B&B or Hotel.

Cons

The end of financial year reports for forward bookings is not great

Hi Murry, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us! We are extremely grateful for all of our customer feedback. We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and have a dedicated support team. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. All the best, Misha

Poor invoicing workflow with account customers

We moved from Reservation Master Pro which had poor support, security issues and was not cloud based. Every system has its challenges however. We have less errors with LH however invoicing workflow to account customers is very time consuming and takes more time than the previous software. They are not very responsive to queries and you get the corporate runaround.

Pros

*Cloud based *Siteminder linkage *Security features *Credit card verification

Cons

Visuals are clunky *Generates unprofessional invoices to customers and cannot automatically produce a PDF invoice which most corporate customers require. *Very basic reporting making reconciliations difficult. *Tax invoice numbers on bookings do not match actual invoices *No integration to Xero

Hi Tracey, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We have passed your feedback on to the product team and they are currently evaluating the most effective solution for these features. Regards, The Little Hotelier Team