All categories
Big Biller

Recruiting software that streamlines the recruitment process

visit website

Big Biller Reviews

Pros

I love the simplicity of the main screen and the versatility to move it to fit your needs. The Customer Support is superb.

Jenn A.

Ease of use improves once you commit to use daily, and understand its capabilities. The addition of TEN was brilliant.

Randy S.

The ability to create and archive recruit lists is really great when manual follow-ups aren't created, and it helps keep our team organized / focused.

Autumn E.

Cons

Lack of graph making- which could be user error.

Megan M.

Over my (almost) two years there have only been a few times that we needed support, each time I was disappointed with the availability to get someone on the phone / response time on email.

Michael S.

The interaction with external APIs is extremely limited. Being able to download and upload data with various fields and mapping is restrictive.

Fred K.

Great software

Transcript

Mike G.: Hi, my name is Mike. I own an executive search firm, and I give Big Biller a five out of five....

Review for Big Biller

Transcript

Cheryle: Hi, my name is Cheryle and I'm the owner, founder, and recruiter for a healthcare IT recruiting...

Fantastic software!

My experience has been great and that's why I'm still with them.

Pros

I have used Big Biller since January 2015 and I loved the ease of set up and use from the beginning. They have constantly upgraded the system to make it more user friendly. Tech support is always available to help guide you through any issues you might have and are incredible kind. Pricing is affordable for smaller firms and the software integrates with my website which is amazing. I really like being able to bring recruiters in and out without being tied to lengthy contracts. Importing resumes and writing notes are a breeze.

Cons

I wish the email integration worked more seamlessly, but I know Big Biller has been working on this.

Big Biller is extremely user-friendly and reliable

One goal I have it to become paperless. Big Biller is helping me achieve a large part of that goal.

Pros

The search features for candidates and targeted markets are very reliable. The Hot List features allow you to create a system within a system and customize the system for your own use regardless of industry. One of my favorite features is the ability to use "Open Activities" and schedule a future activity or reminder. The system sends you an email in the future as a reminder for follow-up. How cool is that? Big Biller has the best customer/technical service I have ever experienced! They are there when you need them! Friendly, Helpful and Knowledgeable! This system is very affordable and a value for a smaller recruiting shop.

Cons

Report functions need to be ramped up a little. I would also like to see some billing and accounting functions built into the system.

Big Biller Software

Overall, I have had a really good experience with Big Biller for ease of use, especially with the webinars given by one of the trainers. However, customer service could use a lot of improvement.

Pros

Ease of use; I can navigate around the software without the need for a User Manual by my side all day!

Cons

The applicant tracking doesn't parse the year of a candidate's graduation date. Getting an answer from the customer support online.

New Platform is Extremely Difficult to Navigate

The only reason I'm still with Big Biller is, despite the awkward, and user unfriendly interface in the new platform, moving to another service is out of the question during this Covid-19 pandemic where business is down 30%. Our bandwidth, as a small company, for non revenue generating projects has to be kept to a minimum. The customer support is great but software layout and design should be intuitive and not require so many calls to support to begin with. I remain hopefully BB will work out the kinks. I pay $15,000 a year for Linkedin Recruiter so money is not the deciding factor, ease of use is. Originally Big Biller had the friendliest customer support and simple layout and that was the deciding factor. Not cost alone

Pros

Great customer support and easy to reach by phone or online chat.

Cons

The new version of Big biller has set me back 20 years in my productivity. I actually go out of my way to use Outlook and avoid the new BB cumbersome, user-unfriendly interfacte. The 'running man" (we call him 'burning man' icon offers no clue as to what menu lies underneath. The 'hot list' icon looks like a poop emoji and I had to have someone explain this to me. Too many lengthy menus that open, vanish, disappear, are difficult to find once they are minimized, etc. I'm advanced with computers and can design basic code and find this new platform roll out very dissapointing.

Wrong Applicant Tracking System will Cost You

So far my overall experience with Big Biller has been great, and the monthly webinars and ongoing tutorials are very helpful to keep me centered.

Pros

Big Biller software has a learning curve--everything does--but it is interactive with strong and informative webinars and tutorials as well as "a real person" to talk with if you get stuck. The different ways to access all the information are obvious and easy to use, and when there is an update, the user doesn't go into meltdown because everything is messed up.

Cons

I didn't have an issue because the system I was on prior to Big Biller was brutal--Big Biller was a breeze compared to it. Has a lot of extras that I tried to use in the beginning, and then just let it slide as it wasn't critical for me as a user.

Good ATS

I like the fact that this is cloud based software and that I can access it from anywhere without having to lug my laptop around.

Pros

This is a solid ATS for my business. Easy to use and access from anywhere.

Cons

At some times can be cumbersome to work with, but that's been my experience with other ATS's.

Big Biller helps me Bill Bigger

Human beings are available to help you set up, answer questions. Quick response when emailing in questions. On line help is great. Ongoing training webinars to make sure you are getting the most out of the software. Love the humans at Big Biller. I tried a competitor but couldn't get any answers - the online help didn't answer my questions and humans weren't available.

Pros

designed for agency use. Ease of use. Easy to customize to my needs. Parsing of resumes. I can actually talk to a human when I have questions. Love that there are always updates. Learning opportunities

Cons

Hot lists for prospecting could be better - more like pipeline for jobs. Some other programs have a nicer look but I don't think they work as well.

Satisfactory Software

It's a nice product for startup companies, but as our company grows, we wish there were easier to use features and the ability to restrict some things for our employees

Pros

We reviewed other software after using Big Biller for about 5 years, because there are some features that other companies have, we desired. Talk to text was one. And there are some that are less clunky.

Cons

With a growing company, you'd like to be able to have parameters on what employees can choose for titles and how to have companies appear to be more fluid. As we continue to grow and add users, we can eliminate some items that are in the database as options and we wish we could. this continues to be a growing concern for us, but seems to lack solutions currently.

BigBiller is very good and user friendly

BB is such an upgrade to the FileMaker system we used previously. However, the parsing of jobs is slow and a lot manual cut/paste. And, as mentioned, lack of the audible reminder is a hindrance to my desk, personally. Tech Support is friendly and VERY helpful, particularly [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! He's my guy!

Pros

I love hotlists and pipelines. I run my entire desk around those two on the candidate side of the equation.

Cons

Searching legacy candidates using keywords is very kludgy to both my partner and myself. I also used to LOVE that you had the audible sound to remind me of my appointment calls, email blasts, etc.

Big Biller Review

I feel like I am lost in an abyss, I need help learning about it, understanding it, so I can get more automated.

Pros

It seems like it can help you get very automated, but I am having a hard time getting this thing up and running. The learning curve on this seems to be overwhelming. I need help, can somebody help me?

Cons

I am not sure, I am kinda lost here with it.

Easy to use and easy to customize

I love Big Biller. I've been using it for years and they do a great job keeping the software simple and intuitive while constantly updating and refreshing the look and functionality.

Pros

Intuitive Customizable Visually pleasing Reasonably priced Hotlists and pipelines are great to use and productive

Cons

Sometimes there are too many clicks involved to get the information I need I wish it ran better on Safari and I would like an extension for Safari. I don't like using Chrome. Support is good but I sometimes feel like they push me to a video or article and I would like to speak with someone.

Thoughts on Big Biller

I have had an excellent experience with Big Biller. As we all know, technology does not always work the way we want it to or when we want it to, and Big Biller is no different. However, Big Biller has an excellent support team working for them. They care about your opinion and work with you to make your job easier so that you can operate successfully. This mentality has stood out to since day one of working within the Big Biller system.

Pros

I have been using the Big Biller software for just over two years now. Since the update, a new feature that I think is beneficial is the automatic nominations. I enjoy the nomination feature because I can see all the applications within the candidate inbox. The apps are all in one place and do not have to worry about adding them into Big Biller, tying them to the correct recruiter and job. This feature...

Cons

No one likes change and adjusting to the new system has not been easy, but after establishing a routine and going through the excellent training videos that Big Biller has to offer it has made the process much a smoother transition.

Big Biller as an Applicant Tracking System

I think Big Biller is an acceptable and more affordable ATS for a smaller/boutique agency overall BUT its search tool for recruiting is POOR for me. Just too many ways a title can be written, spelled, displayed - and if I don't search for it exactly as it's written, it doesnt show up. Even though it offers TAGS to always include job titles/functions, there are too many ways that things can be misspelled and thus not searchable. Technical support is almost always available and pretty good at describing what I need to do to customize and/or troubleshoot a problem.

Pros

It's web based so can use it anywhere you have internet connection including mobile devices. It's highly customizable. It offers many template options. Newly offered texting is awesome. Shows trail of all communications - notes, emails and texting. Technical support is pretty good at walking through training and customizations. More affordable than others.

Cons

It's search tool is not effective for me at all. There are too many ways a job title may be written, spelled, abbreviated, etc. so the results are not good at all. Too many different "tiles" that hold far too much information on front screen, requiring constant clicking across various tiles and levels within the tiles to see information. Too rich in data making it hard to find info I need to see quickly....

Customer Review - SMB Recruiters

I have over 30-year experience in recruiting and have used several databases during that time. It is a great ATS but lacks as a CRM/sale process tool. It is complete and thorough and easy to use. It is no overly complex. You use most all of the features. Most records or entries are usually no more than 2 clicks away. The parsing feature is invaluable - just ask us old timers that had to OTC faxed...

Pros

Ease of use but thorough. Parsing is awesome. Great customer service. Big enough company to fill the needs of a database and support, but not so big that there are barriers to info and exchange of ideas, suggestions or problems

Cons

Needs some updating on processes - one click instead of 2. Not a very good CRM. the 'note' field does not automatically save. I have seen an hour interviewing a candidate and then go to another record and forgot to save the notes. This really hurts production, efficiency and credibility with clients candidates. Better CRM/Sales pipeline mgt system. Able to select the names in the quick add field of a company record to email a specific person in a campaign. Otherwise, you can't organize by company status (Lead, prospect, account etc) and you have to enter the names manually in a hot list to be emailed.

User review

In general it has been good, but ALL INFORMATION has to be more user friendly, guiding you to what to do next or options at that point. MORE USER FRIENDLY WITH SAVE THEM MONEY/LABOR ETC.

Pros

I think TE has done a good job developing their software. But...there is so much information, it becomes more complicated to use. There is very little owner/manager PR contact. They need more targeted zone client development/training, which in turn should give them more referrals from present TE customers. Corporate TE Zoom meetings to bond operations together, to get NEW and stragling customers to...

Cons

See above....plus MANDATORY TE resume submittal through and to PIPELINE....NO EXCEPTIONS... I am getting resumes as attachments only, expecting me to reply etc. etc. and then I have to input to my pipeline to manage. When you have alot of resumes being received the TE Pipeline management is very helpful IF people submit the resume through the TENetwork with NO exceptions.

Old Reliable

Overall for the cost effectiveness of the tool, I would highly recommend Big Biller to anyone looking for an effective ATS/CRM.

Pros

Big Biller is a perfect software with a lot of the basic tools necessary to run an effective business.

Cons

Would like the email logging function to be more robust, but the work around is not complex and works for us.

Tools for success in Recruiting

I am saving time and Big Biller has increased my efficiency.

Pros

After over 20 years of recruiting and using several software platforms, I found Big Biller to have the best platform I have used by far. Big Biller has increased my personal productivity in managing my recruiting desk and allows more time for working with clients and candidates vs working with the software.

Cons

I would like to see the AI track info to take me back to my most recent client or candidate. An example of this is when working with a candidate for a search assignment, other search assignments by other Top Echelon recruiters should pop up to save time in matching the candidate for other options (if they are not a fit for the original search assignment)

Differentiators

What I like most is NOT the Software -- it is the Incredible Customer Support!! From my first contact with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], it seems like decades ago, and with every successor to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who has carried the Customer Support torch, they have always had the patience to explain, to clarify my issues for me, and work through solutions to remedy my misapplication of features in the excellent software.

Pros

The software works and works well. I used ACT for about 10 years, then Big Biller for about 10 years, switched to another SAS for about 3 years, and then returned to Big Biller in 2015.

Cons

Waiting for more complete integration with GMail.

Praises to the BigBiller product!

I have used your software since 2005. That speaks volume for my opinion of your services.

Pros

Big Biller is a very user-friendly product. It has comprehensive functionality that leaves the statement, "I wish it did this" totally out of the picture. The customer service is outstanding. I mean "Outstanding". They know their product, they always have an answer, they are patient with a string of questions, and they always get back with you if you email them questions. The help section is always the first place I go and generally, I can find answers there.

Cons

At the moment, I have no constructive criticism to give. :-)

Great tool for Recruiters

My overall experience is excellent - both with the software as well as Customer Support.

Pros

Big Biller is a great product that is loaded with lots of features at a very reasonable price. And I like that the software is designed in a way that matches my workflow. I don't feel that I need to adjust the way I work as a Recruiter in order to accommodate the software. Additionally - the developers continue to add features that not only make Big Biller easier to use - but also make the software even more beneficial for my business. Plus Customer Service is excellent!

Cons

There is not anything that I dislike about this software.

Told [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] I'd write a good one

I confess that Big Biller is the first "real" applicant tracking system we've used, so I have no real point of comparison I will say that via email, help chat, and in person, they are dedicated to having happy customers. They are open to suggestions to improve the product

Pros

It works! Tracks and monitors everything we need. LOVE the ability to text from it.

Cons

Lately there have been many updates. I'd say they came "fast & furious". I appreciate the motivation and confess that I am "old school" so some of it has been a bit overwhelming and confusing. They are very helpful however, no matter how dumb the questions are. It is difficult to navigate the topics to find help solving a problem

Big Biller

Overall they are great to deal with and the software works very well- Definitely happy with it.

Pros

Big Biller is easy to use, visually appealing and it does everything I need in my recruiting business. Nothing fancy or complicated but as a single user I really don't need complicated. Great product !

Cons

Some of the analytics are hard to work , they also don't have everything I am trying to analyze. Certain other little bugs , like when sending an email to a candidate on a Job search- the one job I am trying to send doesnt populate ever and you have to actually manually search for it . One would think that its easy to fix but so far, no...

Outstanding Software for the Money

The Pros outweigh the Cons on this software. It has an ease to it which makes it my only go to software for placements and tracking. With a built in email system it is the best product out there for the money.

Pros

Amazing product. It saves me time with easy access to all my candidates for the particular job. I can create my own panels within each candidates profile which helps me streamline. It is the first software I bring up and the last one I close out at the end of the day. I can't say enough about its functionality. The self help material is outstanding.

Cons

There are two things which I would like to have more control of. 1) The Reports. I want to be able to do specific reports but I am unable. It is set on certain reports which can't be changed. 2) The pipeline and candidate availability. I wish I could add more in the process instead of just showing INBOX, IN PLAY, Placements and Disqualified. I have certain phases that I would like to see there but could not add to that. (It can be added in the little circles but I wanted an actual tab on top for certain phases)

Great Software, Amazing Support

It's a great database for recruiting, with everything a recruiter might need, for a reasonable price. It's truly OUTSTANDING feature, though, is tech support. In the very rare even that I have needed them, I call (yes, call ON THE PHONE....they don't divert me to just a chat or email function), and lo and behold, a live person THAT ACTUALLY WORKS THERE AND KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT answers in the first couple of rings. They then solve my problem DURING THE CALL, giving me as much time as I need for questions. If the problem can't be solved during the call, the follow up is excellent. They behave as if they value each and every customer, and I only have one seat with them currently.

Pros

Easy to use, customizable, does everything I want it to in a straightforward manner

Cons

I wish that there were more keyword searching capabilities, such as keyword searching on the planner, and an "all records" keyword search, but it doesn't discourage my satisfaction with the software; I had to "reach" for a "what did you like least" example.

Big Biller Software

Big Biller is easy to learn, but more importantly their tech support is fantastic and always there when I have questions. Also I like that they continue to update the software and take recruiter inputs to make it better.

Pros

I like the pipe lines as I go back to them time after time when I get new job orders. I like that you can parse candidates directly from Linked IN as well as parse multiple resumes at one time.

Cons

The minor issues I have I passed along to tech support and they were incorporated.