Big Biller Reviews

4.48/5 (184 reviews)

Pros
  • Great customer support. Unmatched customizable options. Very easy to use.
  • Easy to use, customizable, does everything I want it to in a straightforward manner
  • I find BB easy to navigate and it provides me an independent recruiter just what I need.
  • Easy to learn and incorporate into your daily routine to enable you to run a more efficient recruiting desk.
Cons
  • I would like to send mass emails and maybe it does??
  • I dont have any cons or dislikes about this software!
  • At the moment, I have no constructive criticism to give. :-)
  • -The new version is running a little slower than the previous version
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Anonymous

Love

Reviewed 2018-11-06

Pros
We love everything about this software. Its easy to use, easy to learn, they offer lots of training and customer service team is amazing

Cons
I dont have any cons or dislikes about this software!

Clare Sullivan

Thoughts on Big Biller

Review Source: Software Advice

I have had an excellent experience with Big Biller. As we all know, technology does not always work the way we want it to or when we want it to, and Big Biller is no different. However, Big Biller has an excellent support team working for them. They care about your opinion and work with you to make your job easier so that you can operate successfully. This mentality has stood out to since day one of working within the Big Biller system.

Pros
I have been using the Big Biller software for just over two years now. Since the update, a new feature that I think is beneficial is the automatic nominations. I enjoy the nomination feature because I can see all the applications within the candidate inbox. The apps are all in one place and do not have to worry about adding them into Big Biller, tying them to the correct recruiter and job. This feature saves a lot of time and energy. Another feature that I enjoy is the pipeline. As an intern, my main focus is on finding qualified candidates for our positions. When I am searching, I can easily see if we have considered them for the current opening and other openings we have had in the past. Before the update, this was a feature we did not utilize often. I think the pipeline has improved to become an excellent tool as I can see what candidates I have found and where they are at in the process. I can easily see the candidates that have been rejected or moved onto an interview and adjust my searching with this information.

Cons
No one likes change and adjusting to the new system has not been easy, but after establishing a routine and going through the excellent training videos that Big Biller has to offer it has made the process much a smoother transition.

Randi Evans

Big Biller as an Applicant Tracking System

Reviewed 2019-11-19
Review Source: Software Advice

I think Big Biller is an acceptable and more affordable ATS for a smaller/boutique agency overall BUT its search tool for recruiting is POOR for me. Just too many ways a title can be written, spelled, displayed - and if I don't search for it exactly as it's written, it doesnt show up. Even though it offers TAGS to always include job titles/functions, there are too many ways that things can be misspelled and thus not searchable. Technical support is almost always available and pretty good at describing what I need to do to customize and/or troubleshoot a problem.

Pros
It's web based so can use it anywhere you have internet connection including mobile devices. It's highly customizable. It offers many template options. Newly offered texting is awesome. Shows trail of all communications - notes, emails and texting. Technical support is pretty good at walking through training and customizations. More affordable than others.

Cons
It's search tool is not effective for me at all. There are too many ways a job title may be written, spelled, abbreviated, etc. so the results are not good at all. Too many different "tiles" that hold far too much information on front screen, requiring constant clicking across various tiles and levels within the tiles to see information. Too rich in data making it hard to find info I need to see quickly. I have to scroll and click far too often to get to the info I need, if I can find it at all. Too many opportunities to misspell words in the "tags", making searching very often filled with errors or providing poor results. Cannot reparse easily within same resume. Glitches often (maybe because it does rely on internet). Migrating all my data was time consuming and filled with many missing fields and hard to decipher data.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Steve McAleavy

This software - while very inexpensive - is punching above its weight

Reviewed 2014-06-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Frankly, the best feature is the cost relative to the benefits. There are solid features in terms of linking applicants to positions, applicant searching, emailing from the system, etc. that you would get on the more expensive ATSs. This system is not perfect, and there a are few things that can take a bit to get used to, but overall it is a great value for the money and easy to learn.

Cons
You can only link the candidate to the job from the candidate screen, and when you update the candidates in the jobs module the candidate jumps to a new position reflecting its advancement relative to other candidates as soon as you update the candidate (introduction, interview, etc.). So sometimes, if want to push a candidate up two notches and you are not paying attention to the movement of the candidates, you advance to the wrong candidate.

Jim Folger

Review Source: Software Advice

Overall my experience with Big Biller has been positive, and when we have an issue the support staff is awesome to help us resolve issues.

Pros
The most powerful aspect of the software is the pipeline. It makes it easier to stay organized and know the current status of all your searches. You are able to prioritize each job by A, B,C so that your team knows which jobs are the hottest and should be worked on first.

Cons
The integration with the Top Echelon network and network functions are a work in progress and are still in the development stages.

Carolina Díaz

Effective recruiters identify highly qualified candidates software.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

The most common problem I could solve by using Big Biller is that I can combine marketing tools with email. Thanks to this application I can get the essentials for tracking applicants.

Pros
What I like most about Big Biller is that thanks to the job publication tools it allows me to publish applications on the company's career site, in various industry-specific job sites and on social channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. This seems excellent to me.

Cons
One downside is that Big Biller right now is not compatible with Outlook integration. I hope you can develop this feature because it is very necessary. You can also say that the design is somewhat outdated, I think they should modernize its graphical interface.

Blair Puggini

Overall a great product with great support

Reviewed 2019-09-03

Pros
Great customer support. Unmatched customizable options. Very easy to use.

Cons
The fact that it does not sync with Microsoft Outlook to create an email. They should make a link to click on an email address and populate a new email in outlook.

Jody Considine

Streamline Process

Reviewed 2019-10-27

We now have a streamline process to track our candidates. We can also track our own goals and metrics. We can produce reports to better help our Recruiters.

Pros
I love that we can track our clients and our candidates in one place. We are able to run reports and keep our data available for all of our users

Cons
I have some trouble with downloading reports. At times I have some issues. I log out and back in to resolve.

Jeffrey Gampel

Use of Big Biller

Reviewed 2019-12-16
Review Source: Software Advice

The benefits are all info in one place...done.

Pros

Cons
I would like to send mass emails and maybe it does??

Tonja LaFrenz

Big Biller Review from a Small Staffing Business Owner

Reviewed 2019-11-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Big Biller has all the bells and whistles of the more expensive CRM/ATS products on the market but it is catered to fit businesses, like mine, with a smaller budget. Top Echelon offers incredible customer service and training that is always right there at your fingertips. Response to my questions has been immediate. I love the personalized touch that this company gives me. They make me feel extremely supported and valued. Proud to say that Top Echelon & Big Biller will be part of my success story!

Cons
Everything that I wish Big Biller did is already being researched for launch.

Gary Nashif

Customer Review - SMB Recruiters

Reviewed 2016-12-16
Review Source: Software Advice

I have over 30-year experience in recruiting and have used several databases during that time. It is a great ATS but lacks as a CRM/sale process tool. It is complete and thorough and easy to use. It is no overly complex. You use most all of the features. Most records or entries are usually no more than 2 clicks away. The parsing feature is invaluable - just ask us old timers that had to OTC faxed resumes and still correct them by hand. The CRM/sales process is not as efficient as the ATS functions, as this is an ATS. But the new database should have new CRM features. I would like a little better metric report system, but I am not sure why or what would be better, It just not as comfortable as some dashboards that I have used. And some of the features I am sure will be updated I.e. emails - auto-type entry, cut and paste pics and data, integration with calendars, also even VOIP systems. (click on the number to dial). It is sometimes not as intuitive as it should be but I think most of that is being addressed. Also, I think it should have some accounting info, placement data information, for both full time and temp. Nothing exotic by can be integrated with popular accounting systems. Support and assistance are easily 5 stars, everyone is willing to help one on one. People are reasonably easy to contact. And everyone speaks excellent English and are culturally aware.

Pros
Ease of use but thorough. Parsing is awesome. Great customer service. Big enough company to fill the needs of a database and support, but not so big that there are barriers to info and exchange of ideas, suggestions or problems

Cons
Needs some updating on processes - one click instead of 2. Not a very good CRM. the 'note' field does not automatically save. I have seen an hour interviewing a candidate and then go to another record and forgot to save the notes. This really hurts production, efficiency and credibility with clients candidates. Better CRM/Sales pipeline mgt system. Able to select the names in the quick add field of a company record to email a specific person in a campaign. Otherwise, you can't organize by company status (Lead, prospect, account etc) and you have to enter the names manually in a hot list to be emailed.

John Frey

Praises to the BigBiller product!

Reviewed 2019-08-02
Review Source: Software Advice

I have used your software since 2005. That speaks volume for my opinion of your services.

Pros
Big Biller is a very user-friendly product. It has comprehensive functionality that leaves the statement, "I wish it did this" totally out of the picture. The customer service is outstanding. I mean "Outstanding". They know their product, they always have an answer, they are patient with a string of questions, and they always get back with you if you email them questions. The help section is always the first place I go and generally, I can find answers there.

Cons
At the moment, I have no constructive criticism to give. :-)

Laura Cordera

Great Software, Amazing Support

Reviewed 2019-08-10
Review Source: Software Advice

It's a great database for recruiting, with everything a recruiter might need, for a reasonable price. It's truly OUTSTANDING feature, though, is tech support. In the very rare even that I have needed them, I call (yes, call ON THE PHONE....they don't divert me to just a chat or email function), and lo and behold, a live person THAT ACTUALLY WORKS THERE AND KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT answers in the first couple of rings. They then solve my problem DURING THE CALL, giving me as much time as I need for questions. If the problem can't be solved during the call, the follow up is excellent. They behave as if they value each and every customer, and I only have one seat with them currently.

Pros

Cons
I wish that there were more keyword searching capabilities, such as keyword searching on the planner, and an "all records" keyword search, but it doesn't discourage my satisfaction with the software; I had to "reach" for a "what did you like least" example.

Brian Courtney

Big Biller Software

Review Source: Software Advice

Big Biller is easy to learn, but more importantly their tech support is fantastic and always there when I have questions. Also I like that they continue to update the software and take recruiter inputs to make it better.

Pros
I like the pipe lines as I go back to them time after time when I get new job orders. I like that you can parse candidates directly from Linked IN as well as parse multiple resumes at one time.

Cons
The minor issues I have I passed along to tech support and they were incorporated.

Amylyn Kyler

A tool and team you MUST have to run a Successful Staffing Business

Reviewed 2019-08-09
Review Source: Software Advice

I starting my "Head Hunting" practice 4 years ago and was introduced to Top Echelon. On the surface one could think it was just another splits network but it is SOOO much more. The technology behind Big Biller came from this networks (the end users) suggestions. It is not just something thought up by a bunch of people in a room. It truly is made FOR recruiters using the input of RECRUITERS Big Biller helps me to keep everything straight. It also provides the power of a HUGE network behind me to do my sourcing and posting It allows me to credibly tell my clients that this business is not JUST me, it is me and an awesome technology that is connected to a network of RECRUITERS who can get the toughest jobs filled The reporting allows me to more easily do things like taxes and year end planning.

Pros
User Friendly Well Supported Constantly growing and improving Very robust and intuative I have used many ATS systems but this by far is the best Made by recruiters for recruiters!

Cons
I don't have enought time to fully utilize all the well thought out offerings of this technology, if I did, I would be making even MORE placements.

Steve Zollner

Reviewed 2019-08-12
Review Source: Software Advice

I run a small recruiting business and Big Biller has everything I need to work with and track candidates, jobs and clients. I have been using Big Biller since 2008 and have been very pleased with the software, functionality and support. It actually has more features than I need but they are available if I ever want to grow my company.

Pros
-Full Featured -Integrated with Top Echelon Network -Extremely Customizable -Great search capabilities on anything in the database -Ability to tailor the screen to meet my daily workflow -New version is similar to older version so little retraining needed -Great support from Top Echelon -Has everything and more that I need to run my recruiting business

Cons
-The new version is running a little slower than the previous version

Wendy Jespersen

Big Biller- glad we made the switch

Reviewed 2019-08-28
Review Source: Software Advice

We are able to track our jobs, candidate activity and pipeline more efficiently than ever. The ease of the site in setting up a job/ email templates/ emailing candidates and tracking activity is so simple. You can increase your activity and productivity. Customer support is outstanding. Personalized and prompt. They are always looking for improvements with the database to make it better and are interested in what tools their users need/want.

Pros

Cons
Drop down fields for industry codes and job titles do not seem as current or applicable as they should be

Michael Stuck

Big Biller is the best. Love it!!

Reviewed 2019-08-22
Review Source: Software Advice

We are in staffing and recruiting and, I can say Big Biller has made recruiting candidates much simpler. I highly recommend Big Biller to any staffing firm.

Pros
This software is very easy to use. Everything is online so I can access it anywhere. The technical support is A+++. They are fast and efficient. I love how Big Biller developers are constantly making changes and improvements to the software too.

Cons
Hard to say there are any flaws. It works perfect for our business.

Mike Duke

Reviewed 2019-08-23
Review Source: Software Advice

We give the new BB software a thumps up for the following reasons: Great Job Top Echelon Team for a job well done. We can't wait to see what you do on the Network software.

Pros
We have customize our data sheet by moving the cards where you want them. We have eliminated any of the cards that we didn't use. We have create our own agency cards for things like Qualifying Questions and Job Order Questions You can enter a phone number and the software will find your candidate (The old system was not so good in this area) We have customize the pipeline by eliminating columns we didn't use. I am able to call , look at the resume, log and schedule activities from the pipeline without getting off the page. We are very impressed with how easy the new BB Software is to customize.

Cons
I like to see all the people in the pipe line the software defaults to active people. I have to click on see all records.

Christina Federline

Easy To Use + Easy To Customize = Easy To Succeed!

Reviewed 2019-08-14
Review Source: Software Advice

It's great to know the same names and faces of the people who work with Big Biller. The service and ongoing training and commitment to continuous improvement are out of this world.

Pros
This software is incredibly user friendly. It's easy to customize and we were even able to add a card for all of our interviewing questions to help us streamline how we capture that information as we qualify candidates. For the times we need help or have a question - the customer service is absolutely above and beyond!!

Cons
I miss the candidate emails and am having to re-train myself to check the candidate inbox daily.

Steve Kohn

Reviewed 2013-08-30
Review Source: Software Advice

Big Biller is a very impressive, forward designed product. In particular, the ability to run a search and then send an email to the entire screening level, is something that is priceless. Big Biller then updates every candidate record with the email, which is a terrific tool because nobody wants to be overexposed to their candidates. I also use the mail merge and mail template features a lot, and have sent well over 200,000 emails in the last year using the system. Big Biller is completely seamless when it comes to interfacing with my Hiring Hook website, and the software automatically tracks which of my applicants have applied for the jobs of other recruiters. In short, everything that I previously had to enter manually is now fully automated. This equates to tremendous time savings. I stopped using ACT! and other databases and ATSs because everything is painlessly integrated into Big Biller. I tend to work in chaotic ways, and Big Biller takes care of being organized for me. This allows me to use my time where I'm very efficient, instead of wasting my time where I'm not. What I don't like, and want, is the ability to email entire search screen levels when searching the general TE candidate database and having the choice to either email the candidates directly or their recruiters directly. Also, I'd like it if Big Biller automatically parsed all website applicants instead of waiting for me to do it manually. What would also be cool, would be to take a candidate and have Big Biller automatically search the TE jobs database for potential matches - and then give the option to send an alert to the candidate automatically for the jobs that match. This could be done even for jobs that are not shared with the TE membership, thus allowing recruiters doing really confidential searches to obtain potential candidates without advertising even to their peers.

Joe Feldman

Compared to Other Software in the Market

Reviewed 2019-08-21
Review Source: Software Advice

I do a lot of email marketing and being able to create customized templates, it has made me more productive.

Pros
It is extremely easy to use. What makes this product effective is the team behind the scenes. I am not only buying the software, I am buying the support that Big Biller provides. They listen and respond. The past year or so they have implemented multiple upgrades to the software and continue to make it user friendly.

Cons
I can always find something wrong, but in this case, I like the product and the continuous upgrades that being made.

Jamie Riley

works well but looking forward to new release

Reviewed 2017-09-15
Review Source: Software Advice

looking forward to the new release.

Pros
using it for candidate tracking, email, research on LinkedIn, Facebook, the internet all works well and very easy to use.

Cons
search is a little cumbersome at times , cost for 10 jobs cost more than the monthly fees, the way to remove duplicates is troublesome. the cost of advertising and the lack of some of the boards that you can pick from if you are in a specific industry. The split network needs to have some better oversite as to the split policy as some just auto forward without doing any work but get half the fee.

Natalie Buford-Young

Big Biller is easy to implement and affordable

Reviewed 2009-10-22

I love it enough to keep using it. We are constantly being approached by other vendors but have no interest in changing. It seems that we are constantly uncovering new features/functions in Big Biller even though we have been using it for 5 years. Our candidates are our livelihood. We have more than 21,000 sales professionals in our database. I know that our data is safe with Big Biller.

Pros
Before selecting Big Biller, we tried other servics that were much more expensive and harder to implement. They also required ongoing costly upgrades. Big Biller is a hosted solution that is always available and always improving. Compared to the solutions my friends use at other search firms, we have a winner! My favorite feature is the ease of getting new resumes into the system and parsed. The HOT LIST feature also allows us to build our call lists and keep track of candidates that are perfect for our active searches.

Cons
Big Biller does not currently have a project/pipeline management tool so we still track our search progress in a spreadsheet. (I hear that they are working on a solution though.) The integration with our website is good but not great. From a candidate perspective, it seems a bit clumsy when they are trying to search through our multiple openings. I also liked it best when our tech support was provided by one of the original tech employees. He has moved up the food chain and the new tech support guy is "Mr No." I also wish it would allow you to automatically merge candidate files in the event that two or more seperate files are accidentally created.

Jason Chad

Fantastic value for an ATS

Reviewed 2018-04-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Really solid product with a fantastic price point. Why spend more?

Pros
All the functions and features that you would expect from one of the 'Big Players' but at a way better price point. You can tell that this Product was designed by Recruiters for Recruiters. Great new Web-based interface. Really smart integration with LinkedIn. Good candidate-search functionality. Solid parsing tool. etc...

Cons
Overall, I'm extremely impressed with this product. Amazing what they are able to offer at that price point.