All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Dayforce HCM

Cloud HCM platform to manage the entire employee lifecycle

Dayforce HCM Reviews

Pros

I really like how robust the system is -there is so much that you can do to help drive efficiency and accuracy. I also like that is relatively intuitive to use for employee side.

Kylie P.

Read the full review
They like the ability to have information and access at their fingertips as do I. Thank you Ceridian.

Tanya M.

Joy T.

Read the full review

Cons

Too difficult to use and understand its set-up and costly, poor customer support to solve problems.

humberto p.

Read the full review
Disappointed with some features and functionality being sold as available but then unavailable when asking to see them in action.

Read the full review
I have had a few times that I have run into an issue with something and the solution was a buried check box. Simple to fix, but frustrating finding out it was just a box that was missed.

Kylie P.

Dayforce - HR and Payroll software

Transcript

Shreshthi M.: My name Shreshthi. I work for a mental health care company as an HRS manager, and I've...

Our experience with Day force has been great from Implementation on. We never felt alone.

Before Dayfore, we were using three different systems. One for payroll, one for time and attendance, and another for HR. We had to import data from one system to another so there was the potential of data dropping off. We were able to combine three systems into one with Dayforce. Since Ceridian uses one solution, once an employee is hired they are visible in all parts of the system immediately....

Pros

I love that it is one solution. No more imports, no more worries about data dropping off. The test portal allows us to set up new deductions and earnings, and test them before putting them into production. The future dating feature works really well. It allows us to enter increase early and test them in a future payroll to see how the employees pay check will look, and gives us more time to audit our changes thus relieving some of the stress that comes with year end. The education portal is a big plus. It allows us to learn at our own pace, and to schedule that classes that are helpful for each administrative role.

Cons

Managing your own settings means lots of potential for success and mess

Honestly, I am pretty neutral at this point. For each thing that has changed for the positive, there is something else that has changed for the negative. I am still optimistic this will work out for the better in the long run but as in my previous comment, implementation has been extremely difficult and we are in a severe situation with our clients and investors on the 401K funding situation.

Pros

-Ability to control the majority of your settings -Real time gross to net calculations -Great payroll auditing tools -Many standard reports and ability to tweak them to your needs -Auto setup of a lot of policy assignments based on data management criteria - eliminates human error

Cons

THE IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS - We went through at least 3 weeks worth of work to gather all our settings, decide on how we would like it built, did research on the best way to put our data in the system, even received guidance from one of their recommended consultant groups, THEN went through 16 hours of Discovery calls to talk through how we wanted the system setup. In the end though, all the job codes...

Good intention, but poor execution

I like our older system, TimeForce by Qquest much better. It was much more user friendly.

Pros

This product attempts to gather all HR themed items in one location. That is beneficial. Timesheets, schedules, pay stubs, benefits, etc.

Cons

Much of the software appears outdated. Organization is at a minimal, it's like they kept adding things and never organized it well. Locations for certain aspects are all over the place, and rarely makes sense where to find. Forms are not very clear. Training videos are outdated and show clearly older versions of the software. Work Schedules for my employees are never correct, I then correct it,...

Dayforce - Implementation Beware

Bumpy at best. Some days I actually say I miss ADP.

Pros

I like the 'one' database aspect the best.

Cons

Implementation was very lacking. Nearly a disaster. I am over 2 years in and still have not been able to get everything we originally intended to do up and running.

Solid Software but Struggle with Support

The sales process was standard with an excellent rep. Having said that was told that each Live Force Education package supported 3 staff. Just to be told later that was untrue and would have shell out another $1200 to get 2 more staff trained. Took weeks to get answers to my queries. Was not impressed with the after purchase treatment. Got our money and then wanted more.

Pros

The functionality was exactly as advertised.

Cons

I found the software to be fine. Issues were with customer support.

Dayforce User

Dayforce allows our organization to house all of our employee records and performance reviews. Previously we had ADP and we had issues with retaining employee records with accurate information.

Pros

Very easy to maneuver through screens once you get the hang of what you want to see.

Cons

Terminated employees were not included in the search feature but this has recently changed and a box has been added to show those employees.

Employee-friendly self-service once implementation hills are climbed

Pros

The ease of and accessibility of reporting and the self-service features for employees, including the always-expanding app, is wonderful. I also find the handshake between the onboarding feature and the HR to be a strong plus.

Cons

I feel like my con is less about Ceridian as a platform and more about the lack of cohesiveness offered by the support team. I feel like the value of and quality of communication and follow-through vary wildly from case to case.

Decent HR Software Program That Gets the Job Done

Dayforce HCM is our main source for anything employee-related and it has been a consistent and useful resource for us. It has the information we need and when we need it, and we can trust and depend on them to provide the functionalities we require. Although not as UI/UX friendly as other software platforms such as Workday, it is a relatively cheap platform that allows employees to do what they need to do.

Pros

Dayforce HCM is a good HR software program in that it is a cloud-based platform for workforce management and other essential things such as payroll, benefits, and document management. It essentially gets the job done for the common employee and offers enough functionality to be a useful platform.

Cons

The overall aesthetic feel and functionality wasn't as smooth and intuitive as the previous HR software our company used, which was Workday. It's not a dealbreaker but it goes a long way to empower the user to feel like they understand and to a large degree have a comfortable control of the app in the first few experiences.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback! Your insight is very valuable and we appreciate you spending the time to share your experience. Very best, Michael

Happy Customer

Our payroll is much easier, HR processing is a bit harder than prior and reporting is good but complex.

Pros

Flexibility, customer support, sales team, leadership

Cons

Complexity. The software is so powerful that it becomes quite confusing .

Dayforce HCM Software

So far going smoothly but some disconnect with the implementation consultant.

Pros

It has a lot of features that will keep all employees and managers happy throughout the use.

Cons

Lot of at times unclear connecting steps and very long process.

Not userfriendly but to discover

Overall, it was painful at moments (because of all the issues) but I'm happy I only had one centralized system to work with.

Pros

I worked with Dayforce from Ceridian for over 2 years. It was difficult to implement it but what is good with this system is how EVERYTHING is centralized, employee information, payroll, timesheet, time off request, onboarding, etc. This is GREAT, it saves time. They do have FEW but VERY competent technical support specialist that we can rely on but unfortunately, not all of them are able to support you properly.

Cons

The problems with Dayforce are that EVERYTIME you want to do a modification (vacation calculation per example) it cost you money. Every time they do a modification based on what you asked, it will impact something else (since everything is centralized) and most of the time, their customer support team are not specialized enough to know what changes impacts what. It is VERY painful working with their team sometimes as a problem solved creates another issue where most of the time you still need to pay extra money to solve it.

Dayforce HCM Review

We have been able to become more paperless with Dayforce. For the most part, payroll processes correctly each pay period. Open Enrollment saved lots of time and paper and the employees seemed to really like the process. I think as we learn to use all of the functionality of the system, we will find more benefits and cost-savings. We are just disappointed that we did not get this information/recommendations from our implementation team. And the fact that modules that should have been live and working properly at the time of implementation are still not functional has been extremely frustrating. Our HR Admins are doing more work now, than they did before implementing Dayforce , where Attendance Management is concerned.

Pros

The system has lots of flexibility and functionality - unfortunately our implementation did not go very well (we are still working on it over a year after going live) so I don't believe we are using the system to its full capacity. The user experience is really friendly. Our current employees and onboarding employees like the system.

Cons

It seems that the implementation team wants to cut you off long before the system is running as expected. It's wonderful that Ceridian is working on so many great, new, cutting-edge options but our users (PR/HRAdmins, Managers) just want the current functionality to work properly. We are still submitting lots of tickets to support on a weekly basis and we have found the quality of support to be herky-jerky. Some of the reps are really good and others seem to just want to get the case off their plate without full resolution of the issue.

Dayforce has changed HR and Payroll at our organization in a postive way!

Pros

Once we went live on Dayforce is felt like we left the dark ages for the electronic age! No more paper times sheet which several people handled, the employee punching the time clock, the supervisor totaling hours, identifying how many at regular pay, how many at overtime 1.5, how many vacation hours, how many hours against sick time, where were they transferred, etc. Once the supervisor wrote...

Cons

I do think Dayforce can improve upon the Recruiting module. I do realize they have an upgrade coming which does show it has upgrades in the recruiting module. I would like to see them provide the functionality to schedule interviews without Outlook without leaving Dayforce. I would also like to see them provide more standard reports for those client who must write an Affirmative Action Report. I don't feel I should be required to create my own report to pull the required data for this report.

Dayforce has completely changed how we do life at Kern Health Systems HR.

HR efficiencies, ROI by 60% over our other provider in the first month and a support team that truly supports their clients efforts. I feel like we have gained a partner not a vendor.

Pros

We love that we have been able to go paperless in all of our HR processes from application to termination. We no longer use paper apps, compensation change forms, benefits apps, or onboarding documents. Everything is paperless. We can look in the system and see where approvals are sitting. This has made our HR flows and processes so much easier and efficient. We also love the one employee record....

Cons

Prior to the newest upgrade to 53, Reporting was a bit clunky and difficult to understand. As a busy HR Leader, I don't have extensive time to take a bunch of classes to learn how to run reports. They need to be easy, user friendly and intuitive. Prior to the upgrade they were not. The new Reports module has come a LONG way in improving this. The reporting module is now in HTML and much easier to understand and use. Other than that, I cannot think of one other Con to the Dayforce system. I came from a very different provider that I was extremely displeased with, so it makes it a little more challenging to find Cons. I am very happy with the decision to move to Ceridian.

Dayforce HCM is a great, single database cloud software, that is constantly adding new features.

Having used Dayforce HCM for over 5 years, I can honestly say that it is an incredible piece of software that is ever-expanding, and the developers are always hard at work creating more modules. As opposed to previous systems where it required multiple file feeds internally, which would constantly update one place such as the HR record, but would not update in Payroll, Self Service, Benefits, or wouldn't...

Pros

One database means data is always consistent throughout modules. The flexibility within the configuration is unmatched. Beautiful appearance and very user-friendly.

Cons

The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading when using the new HTML pieces. Aside from that, the system is as good as your involvement and motivation to learn (especially during Implementation - be diligent and thorough in your discovery and scoping, or it will be painful when transferred to support).

DayforceHCM - One Year After Implementation

Pros - Our previous system basically operated on a "point in time" basis; historical information was kept in hard copy in employee files. Reporting from the payroll system was difficult and in many cases required expensive custom reports to be written by the service provider. Approximately 65% of our employees do not have access to the company email account, consequently requests for vacation payments,...

Review of Dayforce HCM

Pros

Cons

The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading.

Spend more time on strategic decisions and less time worrying about your software application.

Summary: Dayforce has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities. Employees can view their time card in real-time and it's easy to view task progress across devices. Reporting could be more robust. Dayforce is very useful in an environment where there is a fast pace and multiple access points such as retail, grocery stores, etc. Places of work that...

Pros

- Intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities - Employees can view their time card in real-time on many different devices - Easily view task progress across devices and with downward visibility throughout the organization

Cons

- Dayforce could use more robust reporting within the application but have recently released a new Business Intelligence tool to fill the need

Expect the Unexpected

We are overall extremely pleased with Ceridian and our vendor partnership with them. They truly take the time to get to know your business and your needs and help decide what the best solutions are for your business - which may not by the newest product they are selling. We have a very complex payroll, and we have the right solution for us at the present time. We also continue to find new ways...

Pros

It is highly configurable. It handles changes due to union contracts with ease.

Cons

The new HTML timesheets have some quirks. I feel hopeful they will be worked out.

Dayforce - HR and Payroll software

It is a good product. It is cloud based which makes is highly desirable during the pandemic. Customer support is also very helpful.

Pros

A lot of features are easy to adapt and there is less of a learning curve. The software can be used for a host of HR functions from payroll to recruitment, LMS, performance management and more.

Cons

The system has a vast number of features and one needs to rely on a consultant for customization. Advanced knowledge of software engineering is necessary while creating reports or XML forms.

Empowering Team Members

Overall, we have truly benefited from partnering with Dayforce. Our team members are excited about the user friendliness of the program, the accessibility from their mobile devices and the functions that empower them to submit requests & changes electronically. Our managers have raved about being able to schedule within labor guidelines and team member availability. Time Off requests are easier to track, schedule, approve/decline. Personal Action Form items that require approval are now electronic, which has smoothed out our process. We have seen a decrease in the amount of paperwork that was being processed & tracked, we have seen an increase in managerial productivity, we have seen a time savings in our payroll processing and an improvement in our reporting capabilities.

Pros

• Our team members are excited about the user friendliness of the program, • Great to have accessibility from their mobile devices and the functions that empower them to submit requests & changes electronically. • Managers have raved about being able to schedule within labor guidelines and team member availability. • Time Off requests are easier to track, schedule, approve/decline. • Personal Action Form items that require approval are now electronic, which has smoothed out our process. • We have seen a decrease in the amount of paperwork that was being processed & tracked, we have seen an increase in managerial productivity, • We have seen a time savings in our payroll processing and an improvement in our reporting capabilities.

Cons

Implementation might drive you crazy, but your team will be elated & productivity improved. It would have been helpful to know more about what was required & expected for implementation so we could have made better decisions with assigning responsibilities during the implementation process.

Dayforce HCM great for Payroll and HRIS

Dayforce works great under the right circumstances, but they still have some work to do to gain a bigger market share.

Pros

Dayforce HCM (DF) is a great product for payroll, which is the company's core offering. They have incorporated other HRIS modules into DF, some of which work extremely well. Dayforce does a great job of using only one employee record for everything, so there are no internal interfaces, and all changes are made real time. The company keeps up to date on all regulatory changes, and is quick to roll out updates and fixes to the software, which are seamless because they happen in the cloud. Works great for both our US and Canadian populations.

Cons

Dayforce does not process payroll in Mexico, so we cannot use it for the sole solution in North America. The reporting on data is sometimes difficult; the tool is pretty robust, but some common-sense reports are almost impossible to build, due to the cumbersome process of linking data fields together. This is getting better, but still lacking. Support response times are usually timely, but support personnel are not always knowledgeable enough to fix the issue right away. Any extra work on the product is always billable, and never cheap. Due to the design of the product, any changes to the company's organizational structure will almost certainly result in a long, expensive project to update the product.

Leaping into the future...

ABC Inoac previously utilized the Ceridian HPW platform solely for payroll management. Due to personnel changes and attrition over the years, we were down to only two users who could operate within HPW. As the obvious need for change was being discussed, we became aware of the Dayforce application and could not wait to see it first hand. From day one we knew this was the solution would best fit...

Pros

Fairly seamless transition from HPW to Dayforce platform. We used to utilize a separate Kronos system for timekeeping so having timekeeping and payroll all in one application now is so much easier. Our HR and support staff are able to focus on other important issues rather than spend hours on timesheets. Utilizing the benefits functionality has been a bit of a transition but has gone very well. We look forward to a totally interactive open enrollment in 2017.

Cons

Implementation team changes caused some delays during configuration which ultimately cut into our testing timeline. This was a bit of an inconvenience but thanks to a great internal team, we were able to navigate the changes without jeopardizing the go-live of 1/1/16.

Dayforce is Great

It replaced a prior HCM system that was not doing a good job. Users were not happy with the accessibility to infromation

Pros

It is fantastic. It handles all of our HCM and payroll needs. The reporting is great, never any issues with compliance

Cons

There is nothing that i dont like . It is a great platform.

Transformation

My overall experience was good. Our implementation team kept us on track and asked us questions to understand our business and processes and recommend best practices for us. I would and have recommended Dayforce to others.

Pros

Our business was heavily paper driven prior to using Dayforce. We had an older payroll system, no benefits administration, a separate time and attendance system outside of payroll, a manual recruiting and manual learning process. What I like most about Dayforce is that it’s a single platform that will house all important employee information is together. I no longer have managers calling to ask...

Cons

The downside is that each module that we purchased is a separate cost. This is a good and bad thing, we only pay for what we need, but since I want everything we need to pay for it.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.