Deel Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.92/10

Reviews by rating

It benefits that it works with cryptocurrency and this is a must for my usage. The way Deel works is fast, money gets withdrawn very seamlessly and integrates with most platforms perfectly too.
The support/client success team we have as well are the most responsive I have ever seen, and are so friendly, intelligent, and helpful.
Their salary and benefit tools have been excellent so far and have helped us make successful offers to international staff members.
Once you sign, they immediately leave you alone, with no real support whatsoever and difficulties setting everything up.
Sudden migration delay for entity enrollment or cancellation is barely acceptable from the beginning. Had to endure a payroll delay due to Deel's system error.
Firstly, they charge a calendar monthly service fee no matter when you joined, I joined on the 21st so I still paid in FULL for that month despite getting NO service and no paychecks.

RB

Rilwan B.

Product Designer

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Deel Review: Fast Efficient & Allowed For Growth.

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Rilwan. I'm the co-founder and product designer at [inaudible 00:00:06]. Right...

Philippe L.

INTERNATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Deel Made My Life Easy!

Transcript

Philippe L: Hi, my name is Philippe. I'm a director at Global Media Post Ltd. So, we're a media company...

Andrea R.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Ability to Manage Offshore Contractors with Ease

I have not only been extremely happy with the platform but my rep has been the biggest help! I work with [sensitive content hidden] and she is ALWAYS there to help me through roadblocks or to answer any questions. It's truly been a pleasure to have her on my side.

Pros

Deel is crucial to the management of our offshore team. It's refreshing to know that we have compliance documents auto-populated for each country and that takes the worry off our plate. It's easy to pay our team, record time off, adjust contracts, add additional contractors, etc. Overall very happy with this platform and highly recommend!

Cons

When updating a contractors pay you have to terminate the contract and start a new one - I would love to see improvement here. It would be extremely beneficial to update a contract without the hassle of ending the contract, paying the contractor off cycle then starting a new one.

MS

Malvika S.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Simple, efficient and compliant EOR service that is value for money

Deel was a great EOR partner service platform that delivered quality, value for money service throughout its course. We were extremely satisfied with the customer support team which has been ever responsive and kept up with all our queries at all odd times. Definitely a partner worth working with for all our future international hiring that require contract and payroll support

Pros

Value for money Ease of use Simple, efficient dashboard systems Responsive Customer Support

Cons

Over-reliance on customer support for easy doubts or query resolutions

Internet, 11-50 employees

Bad on all fronts

Nothing short of bad, a road full of hiccups and disaster. it was so bad that <2 months in we started looking at switching to another provider.

Pros

1. it allows you to hire and pay remote employees in a long list of countries and comply with the local laws 2. the onboarding uploading screen of the documents needed is fairly straightforward

Cons

1. the admin has no clue where each one of his onboarding employees is at in that stage (if they have finished it , if there are bottlenecks 2. the UI is nothing short of a disaster - in order for you to try and find things like trying to resubmit expenses you need to click on your contract instead of actually have a dedicated expenses section. it feels that it was built as an after-thought 3....

Mv

Mickey v.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy to use employer of record for international hires.

Pros

The best thing about Deel is that it makes it a lot more easy for your company to hire people that are not in your country or jurisdiction through their employer of record service.

Cons

Deel can be quite expense as they have to take a lot of the employer responsibilities that you don't have to deal with yourself.

Yvonne R.

Human Resources, 10,001+ employees

Using Deel, streamline global hiring and payroll

Any organization that employs foreign freelancers, contractors, or gig workers should strongly consider using Deel. For the majority of businesses, the advantages of having a single, streamlined solution for international payments and contracts will almost probably outweigh the relatively slight disadvantages. Businesses and contractors alike obtain the tools, direction, and certainty they need to expand and operate cooperatively across borders with Deel.

Pros

Deel streamlines and makes onboarding new international contractors simple. Through Deel's user-friendly platform, tasks that once took weeks to accomplish, such as opening local bank accounts, completing tax forms, and creating contracts, may now be finished in a matter of minutes. Contractors start operating rapidly so they can begin adding value right away. The quick and simple onboarding process also increases the likelihood that contractors would want to stay on board with the company.

Cons

Although Deel offers a complete solution for managing contractors around the world, the platform has little flexibility for companies that need customization outside of the built-in features and processes. Deel may not give the flexibility to fully configure the software to fit the precise compliance, payroll, or reporting demands of businesses with very specific requirements. Deel is best suited for companies who are happy to use the majority of its core features without having to considerably customize the platform.

Marián B.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Payroll & Benefits Coordinator

Great!

Pros

I love that everything is in one place. It's user-friendly, and all the contractors always agree with it; they have no problems, and I have never received a complaint about the platform

Cons

I would improve the reporting part, making it more customizable

Hey there, We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with Deel. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing us. We look forward to helping you in the future! Best, Deel Team

Cenk T.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great tool to manage and pay the contractors and compliance

So far, so good. We recommend it to all of our clients as we are an accounting practice.

Pros

Deel is improving every month, adding new and new features... We like the most:Options to pay contractors: They are flexibleCompliance: Has standard, country specific agreements and also does the KYC and tax forms.Wide services: Depending in where you locate, types of contractors or employees, Deel has a wide range of services and products and as a CEO, I can decide the cost/benefit and choose one. We are not forced to fit a solution but can choose.Client Service and Support: Our client manager is great and we discuss the risks and options and methodologies to choose the right solutions.

Cons

None that comes to my mind... but I would say their EOR solution is a bit costly.

Mariano V.

Internet, self-employed

Deel is the deel

Love the website, love what they achieve to centralize every payment in one place.

Pros

Deel help me receiving payments abroad very easy and to send it wherever I want.

Cons

I need to take my money in less than 30 days. I dont understand this rule.Oh and I will love to have an app for my phone.

Hi there, Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Best, Deel Team

Twajesh G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Amazing experience

Amazing product and very helpful in processing international payments

Pros

Payment processs and contractor management

Cons

Deel verification before contract creation

Hey there, Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're committed to providing excellent services and appreciate your feedback. Best, Deel Team

SR

Stephanie R.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Great payroll software for remote work

Great payroll service for remote workers. Conversions are fair to generous with currency exchanged and direct deposits are lightning speed quick! 10/10 would recommend if you want your money quick into your bank

Pros

I get paid from abroad and the process of getting my money into deel and subsequently into my bank is lightning speed. Takes usually 1-8 hours for me and sometimes it’s instant! Fastest payroll online service out there.

Cons

I encountered issues when uploading receipts proof for reimbursement (under expenses) JPG files would not upload but then tried with PDF files and worked okay

MB

Madeleine B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great payroll services

With Deel I am able to manage my offshore hires and their payroll with ease. I don't have to know local law - Deel takes care of it for me.

Pros

It's an easy onboarding for both employer and employee.

Cons

The time reporting is a bit confusing (for employer). It's difficult to find historic time reports and know exactly which reports belong to which invoices. It takes unnecessary time for me to put the pieces together.

Hi there, We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with Deel. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing us. Your feedback is important to us and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Best, Deel Team

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

If you are small company you don't matter

They start by getting your company solely on price comparison and once you sign, the honeymoon phase ends and they disappear which is not cool when dealing with global payrolls. After 3 months of no support or answers, I switched to a competitor and I'm not coming back with them.

Pros

Initially, they show you the software and possible perks and benefits you could get for a lower price point than other competitors (The Software is not that different from all of them), while stating we would have full support which was attractive vs their cost

VC

Vicki C.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Global HR Operations Director

Pros

What like the most is the responsiveness of the custmer services, like sending a ticket and having their response in 24 hours. The account manager connecting us to the resources timely. However, the customer success manager changed frequently.

Cons

The cost/pricing which is not very friendly to SME like us, when we really need a good long term partner for global expansion and scale up. The flexibility to solutions, or platform, or payroll cycle lag time is long which adding a lot of extra work to the current time. Like we already have our own system to apply leave, and reimbursement, or boarding etc. How to synergize those process between Deel and Appier to make better employee experiences to our employees, who won't feel they are outsider, or different than regular employees.

MS

Martin S.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Streamlined Global Hiring and Payroll Made Easy with Deel

It has significantly reduced the time and effort required for our international hiring and payroll management, allowing us to focus on what matters most - our business.

Pros

Deel has truly simplified international hiring for my business. Its platform offers seamless compliance and management in over 150 countries, making it easy to hire talent from around the world without the hassle of setting up foreign entities. I particularly appreciate the localized legal contracts and the user-friendly interface.

Cons

While Deel has greatly improved our global hiring processes, there were times when I felt customer support could have been more responsive.

Hey there, Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Best, Deel Team

LW

Lexa W.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Great options for remote jobs

Pros

Easy access to withdrawing money. The option to make quick deposits direct to the card was great, but the fact that it still has additional fees is inconvenient and adds up if you're aren't the type to make one big withdraw and if you do so the fee is still high

Cons

Additional fees for each withdraw that is made. Maybe it can be an option to only charge fees after 2 or 3 withdraws. In my case I make small withdrawals and by the month it adds up.

Hello there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed using Deel. Your feedback means a lot to us! We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Best regards, The Deel Team

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

Very bad support - extremely inefficient

Pros

The concept sounds good - the problem is big and is worth solving - could have an amazing impact

Cons

Deel sounds really good on paper, the problem they are addressing is important and their impact could be huge on both their clients and their employees. On actuality, Deel failed to meet the minimum expectations every time they were needed.The processing of the visa was delayed multiple times, and the process is full of inefficiencies. The employee is asked to use the portal to upload their documents,...

OO

Olena O.

Computer Games, 201-500 employees

Playgendary's review

Overall experience is pleasant

Pros

User friendly interface, good customer support, flexibility with pricing policy, a lot of information on how to use Deel is available

Cons

EOR with visa support is expensive (one-off 7k+ for visa application looks over expensive)

Hey therem Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Cheers, Deel Team

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Helpful for remote contract management

Pros

We hire contractors across multiple states and countries. Deel has made it easier to onboard and pay them, as well as manage their contracts. It's nice to have everyone in one place.

Cons

The user interface can be a bit clunky at some times. Deel is constantly making updates to their platform and revising their workflows. Every update has improved the user experience so far.

GB

Grace B.

Banking, self-employed

Deel Review

Pros

Easy to use and very user friendly. A breeze to use!

Cons

There's a ghost $5 fee charged to me every time I process my payment. This is separate from the $5 you charge. In total, I'm always paying $10 to tranfer my money out of the deel account.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed using Deel. Please know that the additional $5 fee on your withdrawal is not a Deel fee but a fee charged by the provider. More information about withdrawal fees can be found from this help article: https://help.letsdeel.com/hc/en-gb/articles/14391381019537-About-Withdrawal-Fees Your feedback means a lot to us and we look forward to assisting you again soon! Best, Deel Team

ln

leann n.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Good for first-time international payroll runners

Pros

Easy to use product that allows our company to hire internationally and compliantly. They are working on the transparency of EOR costs and I can really appreciate that. Customer service is also quick. I'd like to think that I was one of their early customers and I can definitely say they have come a good long way.

Cons

International hiring can be a headache but Deel tries their best to make it easy.

Ak

Anthony k.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Product

Very positive

Pros

Ease of useVery quick implementation Customer service (shout out to [sensitive content hidden]) Was very impressed with how quickly we got our china team onboard back in December when I was out. I felt supported by the Deel team.

Cons

Future dating of existing contracts. Can’t amend a salary change until day of change

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Deel! We are thrilled to hear that you were satisfied with the service provided. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent support.

IA

Ivan A.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

A Game-Changer for Global Contractors

My overall experience with Deel has been quite positive. It's been a game-changer for my contracting gigs, offering streamlined global expansion and handling compliance in different countries, which used to be a real headache. The automated invoicing and payment options have saved me time, although I haven't tried the Deel Card yet. The user-friendly interface keeps everything organized. In summary, Deel has definitely made my contractor life smoother and more efficient.

Pros

Deel has made my life as a contractor way less complicated. It's more than just a payment platform – it's like having a friend who takes care of the boring stuff so I can focus on what I do best.

Cons

I haven't given the Deel Card a shot myself, but just looking at those transaction fees, it seems like they could pile up before you know it. Another thing I would like to use is to be able to send a transfer to NUBANK in Mexico, seems that this is not an official bank on your platform.

Hello Ivan, Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Best, Deel Team

LS

Lizzie S.

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Aces basic functionality but little support

Pros

It did exactly what we needed it to do initially, which is administer contracts and payroll for our overseas offices. Everything works like clockwork which makes it very black and white with deadlines and therefore very easy to know what's what. Very easy to change contract details. When I was put in touch with the account manager, she was very friendly and keen to help however she could with any queries I had.

Cons

There was no support, and the support I do get is actually factually incorrect every time I manage to get hold of someone. I found myself sending gov websites to the people answering my questions to show them their answers are incorrect. One time I had a whole conversation with support and then it turned out the entire time they were looking at the wrong thing and so giving me the wrong answer, which felt typical.

RA

Raymund Anthony A.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

How useful was Deel for me

Pros

The platform is useful for freelancers like me especially in receiving your salary from your client/employer. They have a number of withdrawal options for you to choose.

Cons

When I first used it, I had trouble adding my work hours. As time goes by, I was able to adapt to it and it's now easier for me to use. Hoping they can still improve it's UI so that it will be more user-friendly for new users.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great product and service!

Pros

Ease of use, timeliness and willingness to help find the right product and solutions for our needs.

Cons

More information for us to already have on hand instead of needing to go to support with legislation and compliance.