Together Mentoring Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.02/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

After a couple demos from various vendors we realized that Together offered the best platform for cost and by far had an amazing and responsive team behind them.
There was also a great amount of opportunity for customization throughout the process from creating the initial program, setting up the algorithm, email communications and pairing.
The platform does not work well with zoom and if it does, we haven't been able to figure it out so maybe not the most user-friendly.
When it conect with microsoft teams some time it will get confuse time for meeting.
Didn't have lots of mentors to select from, but that could've been affected by participation.

JD

Jackie D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Best Mentoring Software for External Program!

Pros

Our membership society had a huge need to launch a structured mentoring program, but we do not have enough staff to support it. After MUCH research, I pitched Together Mentoring to our Board of Trustees, and they approved. The whole process of working with the Together team was amazing. They customized the program to our needs (medical mentoring), set up tricky match algorithms based on our member...

Cons

None! It's met every expectation we've had.

SG

Sharla G.

Renewables & Environment, 1,001-5,000 employees

Together Platform - Mentoring Program

Pros

Software is easy to use. I like that I can go back and review previous sessions. Booking sessions was easy as well, I like how obvious it was showing the calendars. I liked getting notifications when my mentor added something to the notes. How it integrates with our email system/calendars is great too. Overall, this software is easy to use, straightforward and helped with managing the mentorship I'm part of. Having all the notes, scheduling, everything in one spot is awesome.

Cons

Always getting an email on when I typed notes in was annoying and not super useful for me. It was useful for my mentor to get the notes but when I'm the one typing them it doesn't make much sense to get an email notification that I typed notes. Also, not super keen on the multiple scheduling sessions system that is in place. It would be nice to be able to click "multiple sessions" but also able pick...

CH

Catherine H.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Together software was a good mentoring service

Pros

How it paired me with a very compatible mentor

Cons

Weekly updates to log and there were certain specifications to discuss during allotted time.

EL

Emily L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Dynamic and Powerful Software

Working with Together has been a great experience and I would highly recommend it. We've watched our program grow and can now make decisions based on data, from the reporting and health monitoring aspects of the software. The users appreciate the platform to track their relationships and have one place to keep dates, details, session agendas, notes and feedback.

Pros

We moved from a series of excel sheets to the Together Platform, and after implementation, our program has tripled in size. The ease of use, robust reporting and dynamic updates - offering new functions and capabilities, I am so grateful we decided to purchase this software. The ease of enabling users to schedule directly in the platform, and admin functions to easily see feedback and monitor the pairings supports our program participants to stay on track and engaged. It also allows the admin to support relationships instead of spending hours with admin-related tasks.

Cons

As we had a pre-existing program, the onboarding process for past users, or those already in the program was challenging, although this isn't exactly a software issue.

ED

El D.

Banking, 201-500 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Personalized, easy-to-use platform

The Together team is super friendly and very accommodating. We had some very specific and unique pairing requests. The Together staff really went out of their way to make sure the pairing happened as we had hoped. When it was time to roll our program out to the organization, they made themselves available for questions, and even hosted Q&A sessions for the program administrators in advance. They have been incredibly pleasant to work with! It has been a great choice to work with them!

Pros

The platform is also relatively easy to understand and navigate. The program suggest pairings based on proposed best fit. The platform developers are able to implement changes quickly.

Cons

The platform changes a lot. This is good from a process improvement standpoint, and the Together team does a nice job of signaling change. Nonetheless, it's frustrating as an administrator when things are shifting often. Also, some functions of the program (i.e. on the admin side) are not intuitive to navigate to.

JS

Jana S.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Together makes linking mentees and mentors a breeze.

Overall, we have been very satisfied at every stage of our Mentor program development and execution with Together. I can't speak highly enough about this experience.

Pros

Together made the process of onboarding mentors and mentees easy. The content that is available to organizations saves us both time and money when it came to designing our mentoring program. What was most helpful is the software's ability to match those with similar backgrounds, interests, and industries. This seamless matching made for sessions that were more engaging, more focused, and with measurable outcomes. All this is coupled with excellent customer service. Together's ability to quickly respond to our inquiries and troubleshoot issues really made our experience to date seamless and trouble-free.

Cons

To date, I can't report any problems or concerns regarding the software.

JS

Joan S.

Commercial Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Incredible Customer Service makes this product superior!

Utilizing Together, we implemented our first mass scale mentoring program within our company and it has been an overwhelming success. 100% thrilled with our experience thus far.

Pros

I think the product was easy to use but the real key was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He could not have been easier to work with, accommodating, patient with our endless questions, he held our hand every step of the way and we knew we could rely on him if we had any hiccups. Of course we did (user error) and he jumped in and remedied the situation immediately. Everyone in our company is thrilled with the product and the overall experience. It has been a huge WIN for us an an organization. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], you ROCK!!!

Cons

We would like to have the ability to do reverse engineering. As an admin, I still struggle to get to where I need to to perform certain tasks, I think the navigation is not as intuitive as it could be as I wander around a lot trying to figure out how to do what I want.

KA

Kath A.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Together Mentoring at Heineken UK

The overall experience was rocky - because of challenges at our end. If we hadn't have had those challenges, it would have been good - but the challenges really gave the Together team a chance to shine.

Pros

There are so many good things about the Together mentoring app, that I would struggle to list them all so here are my top 3. First of all the platform is easy to use - both for the users and for the administrators. I'm reasonably confident on tech and found it very intuitive. The second thing would be a tie between the reporting and just the speed with which you can get a mentoring programme up and running using this app. Finally - the team at Together deserve a huge shout out, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular. We faced some significant challenges during set up and the team were very patient with us. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped us all through and is really happy to help us with any questions or queries. Thank you Together team!

Cons

There are no cons - it's true. I can't think of any!

CD

Chastity D.

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

The Together Platform has been an excellent tool for our growing company!

Together Enterprise Mentoring has served as a great platform tool for the implementation of our first-ever mentorship program. Customer service has been great and the tool itself is so intuitive that it renders customer care almost obsolete.

Pros

The integration of the product was seamless and very intuitive. The algorithms built into the system have made it easy to pair mentors and mentees. Navigation and user experience are excellent!

Cons

As the system becomes more widely used, I expect that there will be changes to the content offerings, which are limited right now. But I am excited to see what developments are ahead.

AT

Ashley T.

Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 employees

Landmark Health - A happy customer!

EXCELLENT! I would highly recommend.

Pros

I truly enjoy our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He has been a tremendous support, help, and advocate to ensure a successful onboarding experience. The platform is very user friendly and the touch points are beneficial to discuss areas of opportunities, reporting, and data analytics centered around the program deliverables.

Cons

The algorithm in pairing mentors and mentees the first round was more of a manual process, but since we've revised the rules in the settings area of the platform and have placed more definition around process of pairing.

KW

Kimberly W.

Biotechnology, 1,001-5,000 employees

Training Program Manager Review

I really like it! I think there are some things that could be better but you have a sold platform.

Pros

I like the user experience for this software.

Cons

1. We need a rich text editor (HTML, Tables, More Formatting Tools) on laying out the mentoring checklists. 2. I want to customize the debrief page to customize it to my program. 3. Reporting for Admins other then myself does not work. 4. I want the reporting to work better on the debrief process. 5. Goal management could work better and be integrated into the session report out feedback.

CD

Cassandra D.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Mentoring Review

Pros

I like how the prompts given help the user to create a report to follow for the mentoring lesson and we can choose to add or omit prompts during sessions. The way to reflect after the mentoring session helped to rate how successful the session was to the overall prompt

Cons

I wish that it had a better way to integrate into our calendar system. I found some minor issues with time zones becoming automated when creating the invites.

BC

Beth C.

Medical Devices, 1,001-5,000 employees

Together

My experience has been wonderful! One of the best systems I have implemented. I truly felt like I had a partner throughout the entire experience.

Pros

Together really checked all of our boxes. It allowed for one central location for mentorship within the organization. It has beautiful and easy integrations with Teams, Zoom etc. The system is user-friendly allows for easy training so mentors and mentees can focus on what matters, their relationship.

Cons

We haven't yet encountered too many cons of the system. Up to this point, my only feedback would be to allow for custom timeframes for activation email reminders. I would have liked to be able to set exactly when invited participants would receive notificaitons.

MI

Marina I.

Human Resources, 10,001+ employees

Great software that can bring your mentoring program to the next level

It has been a great experience and I think that our mentoring program has benefitted from the use of this platform.

Pros

The software is very easy to use, very clear and intuitive. It also provides really good support with building a mentoring relationship and provides a lot of great content. Furthermore the team is very supportive, quick to reply and very motived. It is a joy to work with them.

Cons

There are some small features that can be improved, but the team is very open to suggestions.

KS

Kristina S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great platform, very helpful for mentorship programs!

Overall, I loved using this platform for the mentorship program I was a part of. As the mentee, I was the one using it to book meetings, and submit feedback after each meeting. I think it was very useful, and effecive in helping us achieve our goals.

Pros

In my opinion, this platform was really easy to use and helpful. I really liked the reminder emails telling me when it was time to schedule another meeting with my mentor. As an Executive Assistant, I have my plate full of helping others stay on track, and his feature made it easier for me to keep myself in line with my own mentorship scheduling.

Cons

The inability to easily change meeting times in calendar after scheduling through the Together Platform. The meeting time in the invite lists the time differently than my current time zone, so this made it challenging to try and select a different time for my mentor and I to meet at a mutually convenient time.

AP

Albert P.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great platform for mentoring!

Pros

Ability to set goals and have focused mentoring sessions

Cons

Scheduling is a bit confusing - doesn't include a way to add a google meet link.

CI

Christine I.

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

May 27, 2021

It has been amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been great support and makes every question feel valid...even if it is a repeated question.

Pros

We initially considered the software to assist with Mentorship pairings, but what sold us was the pre-loaded agendas and ease of tracking the mentoring progress.

Cons

I wish I used it more than once or twice a year so that I would remember the implementation steps.

AN

Anne N.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Frustrating as an admin, great as a user

Pros

The automatic pairing between mentees and mentors

Cons

Navigating the software ad an admin can be frustrating

SC

Sara C.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Awesome for Mentor Programs

Pros

I love that this guides a mentee and mentor through a program. There's not much extra work we have to do outside of what the program provides, which makes its usage a no-brainer.

Cons

Not much. A little bit of Zoom/Calendar integration - would like it to be able to check availability through the app.

LT

Louis T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Kickass Mentorship Software

Pros

Handles all of the logistics of running your mentoring program. High customizability. Killer customer service.

Cons

Doesn't let an admin update user information on the fly without SQL updates.

WM

William M.

Civil Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Mentoring Software

Pros

The ability to schedule and view the calendars of recipients.

Cons

Semi-difficult navigation.

SP

Shiv P.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Mentorship

Pros

Hi, I like how it makes mentorship a formally supported system at my company. It is easy to sign up and get paired. I like the suggested agendas too.

Cons

So far, so good. Maybe I wish it was easier to log the sessions we had together.

AP

Anthony P.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

It was amazing.

Pros

How user friendly it is between both my mentor and myself. At no point did it make reflection on the meetings or communication difficult.

Cons

It was great I have no real negative things to say.

KL

Kathryne L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Kathryne Lewis

Pros

I like being able to see my mentors profile and track the information and the details of the call agenda.

Cons

I don't like the scheduling feature, like getting started to get the agenda!

MM

Marlon M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

We improved our culture with Together

Pros

Our employees love using together. The product is also super easy to use. Highly recommend trying it out.

Cons

I look forward to seeing the product evolve. There are many features we'd love to see built.