Jenesis Software Reviews

Mike B.

What I liked most about the software was the ease of use.

Kayla E.

This is very easy to use software. I liked the personal help you get from the Jenesis team.

Dawn S.

Cons

I started in the insurance business on jenesis and now all other systems are ruined for me.

Rosa C.

Ermelinda L.

The updates block us form quoting and downloads and we have to call they get us up and running really fast though.

samantha p.

I like this software alot

Transcript

Jeanna: My name is Jeanna. I'm a business owner in the insurance industry, and I give Jenesis a four...

Great Value and Easy To Use

Absolutely fantastic. Easy to use and understand. The JenesisNow GUI is pleasant and customizable without being overly complex. I did not feel like I was needing to re-invent the wheel.

Pros

The ability to store documents related to an individual policy is very important for our agency. We have a number of clients that have multiple properties and other solutions did not allow this feature. We can also "tag" each policy with its address and simply hover over the record to see which property the policy relates to. I also have to mention the ACORD forms are spectacular.

Cons

New and renewal commissions reports are not available unless the underwriting company is downloading comp through IVANS. There is a work around with manual calculations but an automatic process would be better. However, my understanding is that this is in process and may be resolved in the next few months.

Fantastic Insurance Management System

We are so grateful we put this into place well ahead of the pandemic! It allows us to work from anywhere and have the crucial answers we need quickly for our client requests. We also appreciate the continual improvements that we all benefit from on an ongoing basis.

Pros

This software is easy to use and helps us have the ability to quickly see what our clients need. Since we are an independent agency, we have multiple companies to coordinate. JenesisNow brings it all together in one place. We also appreciate customer service - emails, chat feature, phone calls..... they are always there to help when we need it.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve that can only improve from daily use even after certifying in the software system.

Wow, Shawna! Thank you so much for the awesome review! We appreciate it more than you know!

Jenesis software is hard to beat at the price level

They are quick to assist on IT with good follow up and the system works pretty well within our agency.

Pros

Jenesis has a robust platform with a low cost. It is adequate for most smaller agencies. They are also easy to work with.

Cons

Although I certainly have a Jenesis "Wish List", they are quick to add functionality that makes sense and continue to build out the system with updates so the Jenesis Now version (which I believe was brand new 3-4 years ago) continues to evolve.

Jenesis Software

Pros

When working at its best I think it is great. The best feature is the group quoting feature.

Cons

lots of problems with commercial imports , items disappearing (aka: quotes,note,etc) when system I guess has not had a compact and repair so not sure whos end this falls on.

Couldn't have done better myself

This is everything an agency could want in software. If I had to create my own software, it would not be as comprehensive as JenesisNow. This is hands down the most comprehensive program available for managing client and policy info...especially for our agency which writes a LOT of Lloyds. This programs is intuitive and so easy to use.

Pros

Easy to customize and navigate. Perfect for Lloyd's and ES policies.

Cons

Have not found any yet, only complaint is I wish I had started using sooner!

Good Software Great Technical Support Team!

Overall, Jenesis is a great software. Their team is fantastic and we have used them for 12 years. To see how far that they have come in the software is unbelievable. Their team is fantastic and always willing to help with any software issues and updates monthly.

Pros

This software does a lot from agency management and employee management, to quoting, to policy servicing. Works with IVANS. The technical support team does a great job about helping with any questions or making changes to software to better serve agencies. They actually take suggestions and implement them much more than other softwares.

Cons

Software lacks in commercial functionality. They continue to improve commercial account servicing though and are on their way to making it a great system for commercial. Life and Health is a challenge in the software but bare basic functionalities are there.

Benefit of Jenesis

No business problems. Software and company are as advertised

Pros

Ease of use. One on One assistance from Jenesis Techs.

Cons

No negatives. Only positive things to say about Jenesis.

Tools to manage our business

Manage customers. Communication between agents regarding customers. Aware of cancels and renewals. manage quotes and new customers

Pros

Love the dashboard where all info is easily accessed. Using this software is easy for those with little computer experience and a breeze for those who are experienced. Looking up clients and handling renewals and cancels are now manageable and not overwhelming. Training was individual and answered lots of questions. Customer Service and follow up is awesome.

Cons

I would more like more accounting added. Email to multiple customers at once. Hard to say in some ways as this is our first management system so I still have alot to learn about the depth of how Jenesis can be used

Great Program

Pros

The level of functionality. So much more useful than spreadsheets.

Cons

I wish my L&H companies could download policy info like the P&C does.

Thanks!! We're so happy you chose Jenesis and are glad you are enjoying it!

Jenesis makes job easier

The varied reports are helpful when the owner wants to see who is writing what companies and what companies are not being used as often.

Pros

I like that we can email receipts, and send texts through Jenesis and we receive replies in our email. I have used the desktop version for five years and we are planning to switch to the web version soon; from what I have been told it is even better.

Cons

In the five years there have been minor problems, usually new users in the agency have created, but the Jenesis staff have helped us to figure out what happened and fixed them. So I guess there is not really anything that I do not like.

Jenesis Overall

Al together Jenesis is a good I will not say great Agency Mgmnt System, I enjoy many features on it for the simplicity that it gives my overall work day, but at the same time I do have the issues with some of the everyday work load, for which i can not name any at this given time, but I will start keeping a log and be better informed. For the next review.

Pros

I had honestly not used the Quote control function, due to it having some issues the times that I had tried it, but in the last couple of months I have been able to use it with not so many issues and I like the fact that it quotes all my companies at once. I like the process of being able to scan/save documents to images with ease.

Cons

One thing I however do not like about the quote control is that its ratings on some of our companies is not accurate, and there for I have had issues with clients being told 1 price and then when we go in to process the application it gives us another price. Also one issue we have had problems with is when we go in to make a change it is not processed sometimes at the time it is done. Especially if a renewal offer is already in place.

Huge Upgrade!

This has help streamline my job so much and I am still finding new ways to work the Jenesis features into my job to make it even easier!

Pros

We love how many features we can utilize to streamline our processes. Being able to email and text directly from the system and having it note what you sent automatically has made a world of difference in my job personally! I love the client image sections organizing capabilities and lay out. Such a huge improvement from our basic system we were using before, it finally feels like we can trust the information that's in our customers electronic file.

Cons

Like any platform it has it's glitches and errors but the team is usually helpful. The tech support system is kind of contrived though so a lot of the smaller issues we just find work arounds for (like ACORDS not saving to images ect) because it's not worth the back and forth to explain when and where the small issues occur.

Mariah, thank you so much for the amazing and honest review. We are more than grateful to have you guys as part of the Jenesis family and look forward to the future with your team!

Take Your Agency To The Next Level

I have been a JN user now for 6 months and absolutely love it. The software will excel your agency to the next level. Pricing is very competitive, and customer service is unmatched.

Pros

The functionality is super easy to learn and use on a daily basis. Any issues you have can be dealt with immediately with he chat function. It completely streamlines your business and customer contact.

Cons

There are a few functions that can be tweaked, like downloads coming in changing prior information. But the prior information can still always accessed so it is not gone for ever, it just updates. The best part is if you have an issue with anything, you can reach out to the Jenesis Team and they will work on fixing it. It really is a great feature.

Thanks, Aaron. We appreciate you!

Excellent System

Eddie, we have been out of the office for several days. Sorry for the late response. If every company/business was as concerned with their product and service as Jenesis is, it would be a much better world. You guys do an amazing job with your service and response time. We currently do not have any issues. If you wanna (nic-pic) one thing that comes to mind is make sure every report we run prints the...

Pros

Ease of use....Service.....Support Always improving the system

Cons

No issues . Team is always improving and asking what is needed

Affordable and easy to use!

My website has been helpful because I have someone to call if I need any changes, updates, or system fixes. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has provided me with tips and tools to keep me on top of google searches, and he does his part to make sure I am up to date as well. I have acquired a broader customer base with the Quoting tool on my website. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to filter out spam so I am now getting legitimate quote requests on all product lines. I am guilty in that I don't check my website often enough, but I know it is in good hands with Jenesis.

Pros

Jenesis is easy to access and use as a multi tool for my business. It has helped me broaden my customer base and feel like I am up to date with today's internet search technology. I love that people can search "insurance" or other key words and my business pops up first.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like. I have been with Jenesis for years!

Thank you so much for being a JenesisWeb customer, Vanessa! We appreciate you!

Love Jenesis

Preparing my E & O is very easy with this software. A couple of buttons and you know what you made from which company. It's so easy to work with. I'm not very computer literate, but Jenesis is easy for me. Of course, I love that.

Pros

We all love Jenesis at our office. The ease of looking up a customer, seeing all the notes about the customer let you know what has happened with them without having to go through all that again by mouth. You post the payments to Jenesis, and you make notes. One look and you know what's going on. You can see if they are canceled, pending cancelation or right on time.

Cons

The least thing I like about Jenesis is when you post a payment you get notes back, example The date paid field on this policy is empty. I'm not sure if we are properly putting the information in or it's just a hiccup.

MY OPINION

Jenesis helps our office when we need to quickly look up a customer when we are unable to access the company we need to get to. (website down, etc....) informantion is easily store and also helps if we need info about the insured and we are unable to contact that person. Usually we have already stored their info in jenesis.

Pros

I've been in the Insurance field for 16+ years. I have worked with many different systems and jenesis is by far the easiest to maneuver through and understand. Any time i have had an issue, I call the support team and they are very friendly and eager to help with the issue at hand. I would highly recommend jenesis to anyone that is looking to advance their system.

Cons

I really dont dislike anything about jenesis.

Great Software

My experience with Jenesis has always been good. Customer service is their strong suit. I can email or call, and I always get help if I have questions or an issue.

Pros

Great filing system to keep client's images (for paperless). Great way to keep track of notes. Easy to Learn for beginners. I like been able to store property address for dwelling policies. This is a great system to keep track of new/active/cancelled policies.

Cons

Jenesis Chat. I was very pleased when I seen this feature added to the software. But disappointed after using. Sometimes it will work, and sometimes there is a time delay on the message to show. At times, my typed message just doesn't show up at all.

User Friendly Software

It's was an easy transition from the management system I was used to (which I used for 15 years) I've been using Jenesis for a little over a year and I have had minimal issues.

Pros

It's very east to navigate through to get to where you need with out opening a million screens.

Cons

The updates are needed quite often. Other than that, there are not many "cons"

Finally!!! A Company w/ a Team That Understands!!!!

Having the ability to track what information is being added to our client base as well as the use of actual time stamps is a great positive in our field. It cuts out the he said / she said that clients will try to use against you at a later date!! We recently started using the Insuresign with Jenesis and that was another huge step in generating revenue and making clients lives much easier when signatures are needed!!

Pros

The integration their software uses to interface with our providers is a HUGE help!!

Cons

As far as a dislike, it doesn't have the ability to integrate with my Google contacts and vice/versa. That really isn't an issue I have with the software. I really don't have any complaints about the actual software in place.

A Good Policy Management System

It's been a good system for us, overall. And they work continually to try and improve it.

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly, it makes policy management a whole lot less complicated. The Technical support team is friendly and eager to help. They respond positively to suggestions and ideas on how to improve the product.

Cons

It has a tendency to freeze up during use, causing a reboot of the computer. This is just about a daily occurrence for my agents.

Fantastic Agency Database

I have worked in the Jenesis agency database for well over 10 years. Their system is constantly being maintained and updated to users liking.

Pros

I would score overall an 8. I have worked in Easy Apps and other agency databases, Jenesis is by far the most user friendliest. I have used Jenesis for approximately 12 years of my 15 years in Jenesis. Not to mention tech support that always goes over and above to help assist all the way to the end, until problem is resolved.

Cons

I don't really have any cons because Jenesis tech support is a phone call away and will stick with you until your problem is resolved.

Wow! Thank you, Tiffany!

Very good to work with. Constantly improving something that's already good.

I just put all this in a few pages back. So hey let's review. It makes keeping up with customers and their forms much easier.

Pros

Functional. The buttons aren't a mystery to find. I use this software daily at three locations. It has streamlined my procedures for keeping up with forms and files. If I get a call from an adjuster wanting a copy of forms all I have to do is pull up the name of the customer and efax it right out.

Cons

Lack of name recognition. I'm sure this won't last long. The only other downside is that it can be a little fussy with downloads. If everything doesn't match up you have to do a manual override. Good and bad in that.

My experience with Jenesis is always a 10. They are so helpful!

Everything in one place. Images, Notes, Downloads, Accounting, Suspenses are all easy to access. Jenesis makes servicing your clients so much easier every day.

Pros

I like the ease of use and all of the neat features form J-links to reports that drill down as well as the prompt customer service when needed.

Cons

Jenesis could use a little more for commercial. I know that they are always adding new and exciting features to help with commercial clients. Also no after hour/weekend/holiday help/support if you are locked out for agents working those days/hours.

Thanks so much for the review, Christy! We are open on Saturdays from 8:45am-12pm EST so if you need us during that time, we'll be here!

GOOD AMS SYSTEM

BEEN A CUSTOMER 15 OR MORE YEARS AND THEY HAVE ALWAYS WORKED TO MAKE SURE THEIR SOFTWARE IS COMPATIBLE TO OUR INDUSTRY CHANGES.

Pros

VERY GOOD SOFTWARE WITH EASY ACCESS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS AND QUICK FIX TO ANY PROBLEMS.BEST PART IS THE PERSON WHO DEVELOPED THE SYSTEM HAS ALWAYS BEEN RESPONSIVE TO ANY PROBLEMS OR ISSUES,ALWAYS ADDRESSES OUR CONCERNS WITH GENUINE DESIRE TO MAKE OUR PARTNERSHIP A CONTINED GOOD ONGOING RELATIONSHIP AS IT IS VITAL TO OUR BUSINESS!

Cons

I HAVE NO CONS AS I SAID ANY PROBLEMS WHICH DO POP UP FROM TIME TO TIME AS MET WITH A DERSIRE TO RESOLVE THOSE ISSUES.