Katana Manufacturing ERP Reviews - Page 2

Easy To Use

Before Katana we had our inventory and orders etc in different spreadsheets and systems. we where always miscalculating what stock we had and had to double and some times triple entry on all. we discovered Katana and now its all in the one system that is easy to use.

Pros

it is very simple to use and helpful to have all the information in the one spot

Cons

i cannot think of anything that i did not like

Thank you for the feedback and kind words!

Worth every penny

I get space back in my head. I used to always be thinking about inventory and what I'm going to run out of next. My spreadsheets weren't very effective. This solves that problem without costing as much as bloated ERP systems.

Pros

Since it integrates with my Shopify store, I now have a closed loop system that can tell me what I need to make, and how much of each part I need to make it.

Cons

There could be some extra automation features, like when I create a make-order of a product with subassemblies, it should create make-orders for all of the subassemblies. And when I do that, it should also create purchase orders for all of the parts I'm missing. But I can see why a feature like that could lead to other issues.

MRP Software with multiple features (PO, MO, Stock Sync)

Katana was really easy to implement and support was quick and effective when needed. The product is still missing some advanced information fields but it will probably be added

Pros

Intuitive user experience, 1 clic e-commerce integration

Cons

More feature could be added to Purchasing order like Minimum Order Quantity per supplier, checkbox for invoice received and payement

Manufacturing MRP

Good support and they are constantly improving the software.

Pros

Cloud based and easy to use. PNs support variants which allows for great flexibility when pricing items to multiple customers.

Cons

Interface with Quickbooks could use more customization. Item quantities need to be able to support fractional based values.

Katana

Workflow was a problem for us as was keeping track of raw materials - Katana solved both of these on day one!

Pros

The ease of setup to a non-ERP user was great and support team always willing to help

Cons

Minor enhancements like customising documents produced and report Paramus/filters neon saved

Thank you for the feedback!

Katana

On time ordering, not running out of stock, being aware of all aspects of the business.

Pros

It is the only product I have found which helps run my entire process from purchasing raw materials to selling end products.

Cons

It sometimes gets complicated. Luckily, support is good.

Thank you for the review!

Katana

Pros

Ease of use with material inventory and production task management.

Cons

Katana pulls order information from Shopify, and the info as it appears in Katana is always rearranged and never in the same order.

Thank you for the review! Regarding Shopify orders appearance - just wanted to let you know we are working to improve the user experience on this!

The Manufacturing Resource Planning software that we needed

Pros

I am admittedly new to Manufacturing Resource Planning tools. I can say though that I was surprised at how extremely intuitive Katana's user interface is. This makes it very easy for all the team to quickly get on board and start using Katana. By my estimations, the cost of not using this software easily exceeds the cost of NOT using it, by a) preventing manufacturing and operational delays, and b) saving time tracking the status of inventory and manufacturing.

Cons

Being very picky, I'd like to see more options to document the manufacturing operation steps by adding images, rich text, headers etc.

Love this option for our manufacturing/ecommerce brand

Pros

I love the ease of setup with this tool, and the ability to integrate it so well with all of our other platforms.

Cons

I wish the Lot Tracking came standard because it is a health and safety issue and should be included in the basic plan in my opinion.

Thank you for your feedback!

Katana Changed Our Business

Pros

This software took our company to a new level. Our inventory and purchasing is so much more organized. It has helped our daily flow of production and keeps our team on the same page.

Cons

It doesn't give enough of an overview of the workflow.

Easy tracking of materials and products

GREAT!

Pros

I like the ease of visibility to see what I have, what I need to order and it links into my accounting software, Xero which saves double entries.

Cons

Still new to software but I would say the response to issues is slightly delayed as I believe team is overseas, the information they give is great and fixes my misunderstandings/errors, it is just slightly delayed.

Thank you for the feedback!

User friendly inventory and manufacturing management solution for small companies

Pros

The best thing about Katana is that you can follow the whole process of manufacturing. We have tried many similar softwares but they usually lack some crucial components in the manufacturing pipeline. The user interface is extremely easy to use, and their customer support is extraordinary, too.

Cons

It is quite costly, but it is definitely worth the price.

Thank you for the kind feedback! We always try to provide more value for money and Katana's features keep evolving in time to make an even better impact on your manufacturing and inventory operations.

Great software with helpful support

We like being able to track our inventory with live allocation of our raw materials, and the moving average cost calculations are an added bonus. This software helps bridge the gap between Quickbooks and raw material consumption without the need for a full-scale ERP.

Pros

This program is easy to implement and is very intuitive and user friendly. We ran into a few hiccups at the beginning and the support team was very responsive and helpful in helping us remedy our issues.

Cons

There is a limit in the number of SKUs that the software can support - we were able to find a workaround, but ideally the system will support 200,000+ SKUs in the future.

Thank you for your review!

Super easy to use while not compromising on functionality

I was looking for software that would bring structure to my operations without being too complex to grasp on a daily basis. This is exactly what Katana does.

Pros

Katana is visual, modern and easy to use. I get an instant overview of where we're standing without unnecessary features crowding the picture. It works for both the managerial team as well as the production unit fulfilling the orders. Great customer support that works quickly and pays attention to details. Very easy to integrate with the existing sales software.

Cons

Nothing really, customer support helped me solve all questions quickly.

Break through

Initially had bumps when I was setting it up, but overall once you immerse yourself within the software. It's relatively easy to use and I thank all the customer service representative that extended their help to me.

Pros

The software is fairly easier to use as compared to other providers. It's pretty straight forward and the booking system gives us an immediate glimpse of our current production status. Customer service is also excellent!

Cons

The company behind Katana is relatively new, so there are still a lot more features that they can add but I know they have been working on them! Would love to have access control options feature.

A good support

Pros

We use Katana everyday to track our supply flows through different warehouses and to get the average value in stock. Once the main integration is made it is easy to use. Katana team members were always available to help us through this process and still are when needed.

Cons

Our use of Katana is limited since we are not handling our production ourselves, so we don't use all the functions available and have to adjust the features to our business. Small changes like adjusting the interface according to the daily customer needs would be a real bonus.

Thank you for your feedback!

Inventory management for small businesses

We were looking for a system that would work for our small team. Manufacturing and inventory management is new to us and Katana has helped our efficiency and organization immensely.

Pros

The set up was very easy to go through - with just a few videos, I was able to set up our entire inventory management system. It was easy to train staff on and maintain.

Cons

I like the integration with QuickBooks - I wish there was not just the invoicing feature but also a feature for estimates.

Glad it was easy to set up your business for success with Katana. Thank you for your review!

Sell what you make

Helps us manage our complicated manufacturing and synch into Shopify to easily manage order fulfilment.

Pros

Good setup for small manufacturers who sell what they make on Shopify. Easy to use and they are always improving functionality. Great support.

Cons

Poor batch controls at first but they have addressed that mostly.

Thank you for the feedback! Regarding the batch controls - it's coming very soon!

Loving it so far

It's really helped me run my business and the team is very helpful with any questions and concerns.

Pros

I am able to organize the production of my "made to order" orders. I used to just use excel sheets and this is so much easier to use and manage since it imports the orders from shopify!

Cons

It's still new so there are some features that are little hard to use and some features I wish it had that it doesn't

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are trying to do the most to get you up and running + keep supporting you all the way through your journey with Katana.

As Described, Easy to Use

Pros

Product is as described, mostly. Easy to use. Has made a big difference in sorting orders and tracking inventory. Reasonably priced for a small business. There is a lot to the software program, and we are still learning, but customer service is always available to assist in answering any questions, and so far each employee that has used it, agrees that it is easy to navigate through.

Cons

Lacking a few features but they are expanding and often adding new features.

THank you for the support!

Easy to use manufacturing software

Pros

Once you understand the structure of the software and the solutions it offers, it gives you simple, but useful overview of your production process. It is easy to use as a team as well.

Cons

Since the software is made for a very wide range of products manufacturing, there were not as many options we would specifically needed for our prefab timber house production process, but after a period of time, there has been many updates and additional options added to the software.

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Overall great experience with Katana - Available features still need some work but great app overall

Supper easy Material and Production planning for our workshop

Pros

Very User-friendly and great customer support. The team are clearly hungry to add features and are always willing to listen to user feedback. Gives great Manufacturing planning at a fraction of the cost and complexity of large ERP's

Cons

Feature list still needs maturing - especially ability to draw reports, and interface the system with real-world workflows (Example - Ability to export lists, or print MO's)

Thanks for sharing your experience with Katana!

Simple inventory solution with BOM

Pros

A simple solution for tracking ingredients and manufacturing operations tied to work orders and final products.

Cons

Covers most the basics but missing some nice to have features like custom metadata/fields for orders and the ability to bulk modify delivery date. I also would like simple ways to adjust work orders and inventory for scrap or loss during production. Seems there are workarounds for these though.

THank you for sharing your feedback!

Recomended for made to order businesses

Pros

Most useful feature for me is to be able to import orders from multiple sources, like Shopify stores. Easily manage all my orders on one place. Also Katana has easy onboarding, just start using it.

Cons

It seems to me that Katana does not meet the price level at the moment, but it is constantly being supplemented and improved. New features are added regularly. Definitely soon it will become the best software in its niche.

Almost everything we need in one app

Satisfied.

Pros

Batch tracking was something we needed and always faced issues with. It is now solved using this software.

Cons

To raise a PO to purchase certain materials from suppliers, it would be good if a list of all the items supplied by the selected supplier can appear on the screen to select from rather than remembering which supplier each ingredients come from.