All categories

ZenMaid Reviews

Pros

I am overall very happy with ZenMaid, it has turned our business around for the better, I hope the minor issues can get fixed. I would highly recommend it to other cleaning services.

Darlyn T.

Thomas & Katie R.

Love how the software tracks your leads and how they came to you - provides great reporting for tracking which marketing sources are the most effective for you.

Gina C.

Michelle D.

The app and website both run slow on mobile as well. The WORST part about mobile usage is the lack of any kind of autosave feature.

Tom H.

Payroll has been an ongoing issue and I am beyond frustrated. There is a glitch and it takes me 3x as long and many reviews to get it right each week.

Heidi G.

BEST MAID SERVICE SOFFWARE

Transcript

Atama D.: Hi, my name is Atama. I'm the owner of a maid service, and I give ZenMaid a four out of five....

Zenmaid my life easier!

The benefits of using this system have been amazing. I've scaled from myself and my husband to 20+ staff without breaking a sweat. It provides a GPS audit trail of appointments and the customer and technical support is second to none. The owner is incredibly hands on and actually listens, helps, advises and answers support questions himself - enabling him to remain in touch with what we the users want. The additional level of support that Zenmaid provides not just their users but the industry is amazing. They recently hosted and coordinated a global online summit bringing industry experts from around the world to provide help, support, ideas and beat practise to to the industry.

Pros

Having started with this software when it was just my husband and I, it very quickly became the reason that I could grow my business so quickly. The ease of use, the ability to scale and the additional features it has are amazing. From GPS tracking apps, to snapshot reporting to a simple to read dashboard - it really does everything. Inclusive (free) texts to customers through the system to remind...

Cons

Really difficult to say. I will agree with another review that the inability right now to calculate travel time directly in the system can be frustrating - however setting up travel appointments is one option that works as is simply exporting the payroll to CSV and applying some excel wizardry! Only other thing I like least is that the Halloween customisation was only around for a few days but I can't wait for the Christmas one!

Thanks Krissi! Was a pleasure meeting you in London last month :-) You'll be happy to know we're discussing mileage/travel time now that we have a new map view releasing next week!

Life Changing

When I started my residential cleaning company, we were completely on paper. I started searching for a scheduling software. I had tried several and was unhappy with each of them. Then I found ZenMaid. Not only did they import all of my customers (saving me many many hours), they also put my schedule together and set up my booking page! This software has freed up so much of my time, so that I am no longer spending hours a day working my business. On top of all of that, they have the best customer service that I have ever come across. Thank you ZenMaid for changing my business and giving me my life back!

Pros

Its customization makes for ease of use

Cons

The only con is that I didn't find it sooner.

Needs work

Very friendly customer service and great potential, but the time I spent on redoing payroll is a deal breaker for me. very frustrating.

Pros

Cheap, easy to use (other then the glitches and having to refresh every time you make a change) and I did like the calendar scheduling system designed for the uniqueness of a cleaning company, from booking form to finalizing payment (but not following through to payroll ).

Cons

Not sure how this product is getting rave reviews when it has glitches that are huge problems, such as missing payroll hours (on the calendar,logged in and not on payroll)! ...unless of course the users are trusting that the program is calculating properly, as it should be! This is only one of many little glitches.....customer service responds but never answers or solves the problem. Payroll should not be sold as a service on this system. So be aware, if you get this software - do your own time sheet calculations. After using this for 6 months and pulling my hair out, I switched to a software that works.

BEST MAID SERVICE SOFFWARE

I love it! My company have significently saw a difference in the quality of online booking threw our forms.

Pros

As maid service Zenmaid hit the target when improving and developing their platform. The improvements over the years are amazing. I looked into it a few years back and it was not right for us then. However, with the new changes and upgrades we cant say enough of how it has changed our Business. Our staff loves it more then the other software we have tried. A plus they move you over to their platform free??

Cons

I do think they need to work on their Review platform. Most recently i did see them addressing this issue and are working on a fix and cant wait for it.

Thanks for the awesome review Atama! :-)

Great Cloud Based Scheduling Software

The customer service and support is excellent. If I have a question; it is addressed almost immediately in the chat box or by email.

Pros

It is so easy to use as well as get up and running. Very intuitive with a clean and uncluttered interface and very easy to navigate. It has a good deal of customization which is nice. I feel it has just enough bells and whistles to manage my cleaning business without being overly complicated or having too busy of a user interface.

Cons

I have been using since August 2019 and have not found anything yet that I don't like. I will use this program until I don't need it anymore.

Must have

Zen Maid overall is a must-have for any cleaning service. It is a professional advantage to have clear communication from your client to the office to the field . As you grow scheduling can become challenging Zen helps to keep things simple and the features improve all the time . The zen maid team is also a great resource to those newer to the industry. I’d recommend using zen to help you grow and obtain a professional image .

Pros

We love the auto scheduling and reminder features . The system is very helpful for keeping all your clients info in one place and staying on track of things . The app is also great for keeping track of employees with GPS and auto reminders

Cons

There are a few issues from the technicians cell app our cleaners report connection issues and notes don’t always save . It would be amazing to see photo sharing , live dispatch screen that shows openings vrs bookings to assist with scheduling . A group message area would be awesome too .

ZenMaid saved my sanity!

Less canceled appointments and lockouts. I save money from having to purchase a multitude of other software/apps.

Pros

The team behind ZenMaid is topnotch. Onboarding was a breeze and it has saved me thousands of dollars over the past 2 years. My clients and team members alike appreciate its reliability, ease of use and constantly updated and improved upon features. I can't imagine my business would be where it is today without this software! Thank YOU!

Cons

No bad experiences. Any time I have a question or recommendation it is addressed promptly.

Co-Owner

We have benefited from using ZenMaid tremendously. We have become VERY organized with scheduling our clients. More organized business = happy clients = more business. We have grown our team due to the scheduling feature as it became easy to see and record workers' appointments. We have saved TIME. Our teams have saved time thanks to the map feature being able to click right on the address and not get lost. As owners, we have saved time with scheduling, billing, etc.!

Pros

Gosh, this is tough to answer...I like most how it is affordable. Also everything for operating my cleaning business is in one place. It is SIMPLY laid out and easy to navigate through. TONS of useful features from color coordination, on my way texts, tracking client payments, dashboard, etc.. Also there's such caring team who operates Zenmaid where they RESPOND to your questions and concerns in a timely manner.

Cons

The thing I like LEAST is the name...We are not MAIDS but cleaners. It would be ideal if it was called Zen. The task feature is something I don't care for. It seems like there isn't much usefulness to it. It would be ideal if there was a icon on the left side for tasks and it was like a "To-Do" list. I feel it's currently more of a "reminder" than a task. As an owner, needing to use the browser to change the schedule/assign workers last minutes. It would be ideal if there was a separate thing so we can do that right from our phone with ease.

Zenmaid has given us our evenings back!!

Pros

The automated daily reminders save us so much time as we were sending these separately to each customer in the evenings. We were also using an older system that we were only able to use on one computer which was frustrating and Zenmaid has allowed us to access the schedule on any computer. We have been able to take a family trip of 5 days in another state and the business was still functioning while we were away because of Zenmaid. It has been a life changer!

Cons

I don't really have anything that I don't like. The nice thing about Zenmaid is that it is constantly being updated and the users are being heard when giving feedback on what could work better.

Wow.

The software has solved my issues with the back end of the office and having to have so many programs to do the everyday things, ZenMaid has save me time and money. And can't forget to mention the booking software has added so many new clients to my business.

Pros

The software so easy to use. Their training videos and all the information provided is wonderful to get through the learning curve of a new software when your busy. The look of everything is beautiful. And the booking form has brought tons of business.

Cons

Nothing. Things are always being updated and Improved. And the fact that you guys want to hear from the user and our input, our suggestions is priceless.

Thanks Liz! I hope we can add some of the features you requested via FB here soon :-)

Zenmaid Review 11 months use

The software is definitely getting better. In the beginning there was a TON of glitches or things that would happen such as appointments not saving or not being able to see what I was typing, or just the overall speed of the application was running at turtle speed. Over the months it has definitely gotten better. I'd say in the last 3 specifically

Pros

I like having everything in one place. Being able to look at when our cleaning techs clock in/out and simple one click options

Cons

I hate the little circles with the tech's initials. We have many employees with very similar initials. Also, when I schedule a team to clean a location, it always turns the job ticket to one specific tech's color, I wish there was a way that it would divide the color in half or by 3 or 4, so that I could easily pull up the calendar and see who is working right then without clicking into the job. Right...

Thanks for the review, Michelle - please contact support@zenmaid.com if you continue to struggle with anything in the system :-) For anyone else reading - here's what the owner of Above the Line Cleaning (Michelle's company) sent our support this morning (11/10/2019): "We're good! Trying to grow obviously; booked a record breaking FIVE new clients today, which is literally record breaking as we may go a month to do that...finally have a good team and the last two months have been prosperous. Saving up to step up marketing. Feels like a helluva a lot longer than a year but I am SOOOO grateful to you, Courtney, and Maria. Literally lifesaving :-) :-) :-) "

Excellent for scheduling and communication, has some drawbacks

Zenmaid has done a stellar job at the main thing we wanted it to do, which is helping us communicate effectively within the company and with our clients. It has a lot of room for improvement in all other areas.

Pros

Zenmaid has helped us nearly eliminate lockouts and late cancellations, has improved communication with our staff, and has strengthened our appearance as a professional and organized company. I love the amount of customization available within client/contact notes and notes regarding staff. I want to emphasize that this is the main reason we went shopping for a management software and we have not been disappointed. 5 stars for these features!

Cons

As a company that pays staff travel time between jobs and for office duties, reimburses staff for mileage, and allows unpaid breaks in the middle of longer jobs, we find the timekeeping and payroll side of Zenmaid to be all but useless. If your company only pays time on site and doesn't allow breaks you will have no problem with the software (though you may have trouble retaining staff). We also don't...

“There is no failure. Only feedback.” – Robert Allen

The benefits of having someone else take care of an important software we use daily has been great. Because our other software was in house, the upkeep and updating took a lot of time and pulled us away from things we should be focusing on instead. Its the saying "leave it to the pros" is where I am going with this. I think its hard for anyone to switch to something completely new after using something else for years, but the Zenmaid team made it easy.

Pros

The layout is easy to look at and use. If we have any issues at all, we can easily contact someone in the company for help (and they are always helpful!) It makes us question systems we have put in place before we started the software showing us that there are other ways to do things. (makes us think more efficiently). I love the ideas/feedback section on the software and being able to see other peoples suggestions AND I really love the Facebook group and getting to know other companies all over the world. So coo!

Cons

Im not sure if its because our last software had a custom online booking we created, so I am comparing, but I wish it was more customizable for how we charge and lets us have more forms for difference services we offer. We have had to add a step back in our process to confirm booking information, where we wish it could be a one in done on the clients end. We had spots we put on our schedule that were specific for online bookings, so anytime a potential client tried to book, they could see what was available and book it themselves. Easy money for us not having to do anything! haha.

ZenMaid for Scheduling & Customer Database Functions

We are only using ZenMaid for scheduling purposes so I cannot speak to the payroll / invoicing experience.

Pros

*Designed specifically for cleaning companies * Options for automated communications for both customers and employees (email and/or text) - eg. appointment reminders, schedule changes, customer follow ups after service and more * Excellent customer service - Zenmaid extremely responsive and helpful with questions or concerns *Reasonably priced *Constantly upgrading, improving & adding new features...

Cons

* Can be cumbersome at times - particularly with making changes to recurring services. They seem to be aware of the issue and have been working on making improvements but it's not quite there yet. * Can be glitchy at times but generally can be correlated with when they have been introducing a new update which is understandable I guess. * Custom fields show up in order created and cannot change order...

I love ZenMaid!

I can now sleep at night knowing everyone has all the information they need. I don't have to worry about clients forgetting us or techs not showing up. The GPS clock in is a game changer for peace of mind!

Pros

This software is so easy to use and customizable. There are so many features that have been built out since I started using this software that I feel like it grew with me. I came from using pen and paper and was consistently being locked out of houses because they didn't remember I was coming, my cleaning techs didn't know where to go or what to do when they got there, we were losing checks all the...

Cons

This is really a tough one. Every time I have ever had any thoughts on what could be improved the team makes it happen in a short amount of time! They are so great at being responsive to the needs of the business owners because most of their team are cleaning business owners themselves.

Great Software, Continuous Improvements, Great Staff Support

Pros

I really like that Zenmaid has a very responsive team and they seem eager to offer updates at a client's request. I also like that Zenmaid is specifically tailored to the cleaning business industry and that they offer valuable support of the industry, in addition to providing a great software. Many of the top cleaning businesses use this software and there is so much online interaction. I tried...

Cons

Initially the program did not have a map however they are currently working on this. Also there weren't many reports that could be pulled from the database. I would love to be able to have more reports in the future, such as a calculation of drive time spent between the "clock in" and "clock out" time of client houses.

SIMPLY BRILLIANT!! AMAZING PRODUCTIVITY BOOSTER!

Pros

We began using ZENMAID 8 months ago. After using 5 different systems previously, we finally found the one and only we need. It is so simple to use, the team loves the features, and as an owner of a very rapidly growing cleaning business, I was so happy to finally find a software program that did EVERYTHING! We used to use 4 different systems costing us time, frustration and most importantly-MONEY....

Cons

I have tried over 5 different software systems for the past 3 years as we have been growing. NONE of them do what this does for our company. You cannot beat this system if you own a residential or commercial cleaning company-or any service related business for that matter. We are so happy to have found one system that does it all, and so easy to use.

Zenmaid is AWESOME

My overall experience has been a great one. If ever there is an issue, Zenmaid is sure to fix it promptly.

Pros

I have been using this software for many years now and have seen this company grow. They pay special attention to each and every customers needs. This is an easy software program that even the least techie (me) person can use and understand. Most importantly each and every person on the Zenmaid team is helpful in every way possible. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and staff go above and beyond. I highly recommend this software and company.

Cons

I’d like to see the ability to map out a new customer for the best spot on the current schedule of customers.

Software is a Lifesaver!

How important it is to have good communication with employees and clients.

Pros

I love how easy it is for employees to find all the info they need for their work. I love that it keeps the clients updated, as well and sending the reminders to both them and us. Been a game changer for me!!!! I also LOVE the simplicity, ease of use, look and feel of the software. I have tried other scheduling system, and although functionality is of course the most needed part of it, I have found Zenmaid the easiest to navigate and enjoyable to look at and deal with.

Cons

I wish that there was a way for everyone on the team to be able to see if someone already hit the "on the way" button so that it isn't hit more than once. I also would LOVE to see the ability to upload pictures of items that may have been found/damanged from the employees phone, and also I would love love love the ability to upload checklists that the employees would need to check off to be able to clock out to save paperwork being everywhere.

We Love ZenMaid!

We are able to schedule, send out quotes, do payroll, and communicate with our customers more efficiently than ever before.

Pros

We love the fact that ZenMaid is so in tune with the needs of its users. They are constantly making improvements and working to make this the best maid service software on the market. We love how easy it is to use and the incredible support we get from their team.

Cons

We don’t really have any complaints. We understand that this company is always updating their softwares capability, and functionality, to address the needs of its users.

Best Software for a House Cleaning Service Owner

Pros

The online booking platform has great customization. The app for employees makes scheduling a breeze. The entire software makes my company look more professional from a clients perspective due to online booking, automated texts and emails and invoicing.

Cons

This is a new software so they are working on the kinks. The team is very responsive and helpful when there is an issue.

Zenmaid to the rescue!

Zenmaid has been a saviour for my business and personal life. Zenmaid takes care of alot of tasks i used to waste time on. Once a clients information is set up, the email confirmations go out, then reminders, as well as work orders for staff. After a few weeks of not hearing from clients, it will even send an email asking them to come back. I'm able to go on vacations for weeks without having to worry about my business fuctioning without me. Thank you ZENMAID!!! Now I can't picture my life without you!!

Pros

Having all my info in a databae that's easily accessible. The reminders and emails so clients won't forget appointments or have no escuse to do so.

Cons

Ipad app has minimal function. However i know an update just launched so i have to check it out. I'd like the girls to be able to check their future schedule on there.

Thanks for the kind words, Julie! The mobile apps on iPhone and Android are still works in progress and we'll definitely be adding to them as we go. The cleaners can already see into the future however they have to do so day by day which is what you're referring to here, I think. That's changing next month and we'll be adding more functionality for you, the owner! :-)

Zenmaid Review

. The biggest benefit that I love from the software is the reminders to my customers set up a few days before the service as well as the booking feature

Pros

I like that customer service including [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] get back to me within hours of a question that I may have that type of customer service can't be beat. I am been so happy and relieved since I've started using zenmaid it has taken so much guesswork in free time put back into my life

Cons

Because I am a super small company right now and growing the price monthly is a little high but I am willing to pay for it because I do love the software so I make sure that it's taken care of

Game Changing Software

5 star experience. The team is diligent in responding to questions. They are a progressive company and I know they will continue to be innovative. I look forward to each new item they add to the software as it means more free time for me!!

Pros

Ease of use. Makes for clear communication with our team. Automations give me my time back!!!

Cons

Lack of route density options ( glad a beta map feature is in the works ) that adding images to each clients homes is not an option... Yet :) The onboarding process initially

Better than the "big guys"

The owner and his team try their best to deliver a maid-industry specific software solution and generally do very well.

Pros

I liked how when I was creating a new client or scheduling n appointment, it was off to the right like a sidebar and that allowed me to view the entire calendar while creating the appt. Easier to use than the "big guys" like Housecall Pro or mHelpDesk.

Cons

The schedule for multiple employees was not lined up nicely so that I could easily see where there are openings in the schedule for a new client. Very scattered and too much like using google with multiple calendars. I'm not going to pay to look at a schedule that is just like google's FREE version.

Thanks for taking the time to review us, Cindy! You are absolutely right! Our calendar does look like a view option in Google Calendar which is exactly what we were going for in ZenMaid. Google Calendar is super user friendly, and anyone can use it without a learning curve. We purposely wanted to mimic that. Where ZenMaid shines light years beyond Google Calendar (and our paid competition)...