Mailbutler Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.94/10

Reviews by rating

I like the scheduling feature the most, it helps me reach customers when it's best for them but write the actual email when it's best for me.
A version for Thunderbird. Apple mail lack some features.

RN

Rhiannon N.

Music, self-employed

Where was this all my life?

I like the product but hope more functionality is added. I also really want the option for a lifetime version and hope this can be made available. :)

Pros

This software really helps me to run my small business. My favourite feature is the activity: message opened acknowledgment. I can anticipate when people will reply and am not thrown off when I hear back from someone months later. It is also helpful in dealing with vendors who claim they never received an email, yet I know they read it. It keeps us all honest!

Cons

I wish it was trackable when sending from my iPhone. I have to wait until I am at my laptop to send an important email. I also wish it was easier to locate the delay countdown once I hit send-- if the little window with the send now/unsend closes, I cannot figure out how to reopen it. I also want to use more features other than track but find them hard to manage being alone in my organization. A single user version would be ideal. It's also rather costly. I tried to sign up for the lifetime version but was told it was no longer offered. I keep entering contests and really think it would be ideal that a manager allows me this opportunity. I am too small a business to keep paying these fees every year, especially as I am in Canada and the currency exchange is killer.

AL

Anika L.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Life saver

Besides the above-mentioned disapointment with the subscription changes, I honestly cannot run my business without MailButler! I am a night owl and tend to do most of my work at night, after business hours. I don't want to encourage clients to email me at all hours expecting a response, so the ability to snooze/schedule emails to appear and send during my business hours is a life-saver! It's also amazing to be able to see if my emails have been opened, and the time they were opened. This has helped to resolve some conflicts in the past. All-in-all, I would highly recommend MailButler to all night-owl entrepreneurs like myself. It will save so much time and brain space to let MailButler do the heavy lifting.

Pros

Send-later allows me to schedule emails during my business hours. The ability to see if the email has been opened is an asset. Works with all the emails on my server system. Super easy to use within the MacMail system.

Cons

I originally purchased MailButler when it was called "Send-Later" and the scheduling was all it did. The Send-Later software was sold at $25 for life, but within a year of me purchasing it, was bundled within a subscription (MailButler) and the Send-Later software was no longer updated. I now pay per month almost the same that the "for life" software cost.

SD

Steve D.

Design, self-employed

I get a sneaky feeling that MailButler is becoming a CRM!

I love MailButler, it's changed how I'm interacting with the mass of email that avalanches in every day!

Pros

I love being able to snooze mails that come in, I use it in place of creating todos and reminders! I simply am snoozing my mails and adding notes to help me go… and it’s working! I don’t know if that was your intention with MailButler - but that’s what I am doing!

Cons

sometimes i can't find a mail that was snoozed

LT

Luc T.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

The add-on to Mail that I've been waiting for a long time!

Having to manage several email addresses in connection with my various functions, Mailbutler allows me to have a vision and a fast and efficient follow-up of all my mail.

Pros

THE essential complement for managing emails. In one "click" an impeccable view of mail tracking.Easy to use and many essential features.

Cons

A French version of the software would be very welcome. Better integration in Microsoft Outlook.The "Business" version at a more affordable price for non-profit organizations would be very welcome.

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We appreciate your suggestions for a French version of our software and improved integration with Microsoft Outlook. We're continuously working to enhance our offerings and provide a better experience for all users. While we strive to balance our pricing with the value we provide, we understand your point about affordability for non-profit organizations. We'll take your input into consideration as we refine our plans. Your insights help us shape our roadmap and improve our service.

DO

David O.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Mailbutler - Make Mail Great Again

Pros

I love Mailbutler. The abilities it has via it's service interface to cleanly and quietly track if people have read your emails, setting reminders on emails, and expansive customer relationship management features make mailbutler indispensable as a plugin for Apple Mail. Apple Mail overall is a great mail client.. you'll be hard pressed to find something that works as well within the macOS ecosphere. Mailbutler makes your email productive again.

Cons

Previously there was an 'allowance' of Business-level features (tracking when emails were opened, how often, what devices, etc). And that feature was removed. It's a shame, because there are use-cases where you might only use that feature 5-10 times a month. Having to upgrade to the Business product for a feature you might only use half-a-dozen times seems excessive.

LK

Leah K.

Photography, self-employed

Best email management software!

Pros

I love the signature features and email templates. I need the email tracking to know that my emails are getting to the person I send them to. They used to get lost or end up in junk folders so I needed to be sure the client knew that I responded to them.

Cons

In the version I use, I can't see exactly who opened my email if I have sent it to multiple people. That said, I am able to see a bit more detail if I use the app on my phone.

Thank you for your fantastic review! We're thrilled you love our signature features, email templates, and email tracking. For even more tracking details, our Smart and Business plans offer per-recipient tracking. We appreciate your feedback about the version you're using and are dedicated to enhancing our service. If you have more questions or suggestions, feel free to reach out to support@mailbutler.io – we're here to help!

AK

Allan K.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

All The Features Apple Left Out Of Mail.app Are In Mailbutler

Love Mailbutler!

Pros

I love the snooze, delay sending, and undo send features of Mailbutler. These features ensure that I can focus on my business and not worrying about forgetting email messages, errors in email messages, and more. I've been using Mailbutler for many years and the development and support teams are spot on and provide regular updates and excellent support.

Cons

I'm not using the contact management features, but am curious. I would love to see it integrated tightly with Apple Contacts. So hoping to learn more as I dig into the new features of this latest release.

KP

Kathleen P.

Entertainment, self-employed

I've used Mailbutler since its inception

I got Mailbutler when it was just starting. I've used it consistently for a few years now and I really like it. The tracking features are quite helpful and notes are another helpful feature. It's been consistent and hasn't crashed and I get all the updates I can stand, LOL. I highly recommend!

Pros

Mailbutler works easily and effortlessly in the background. I really like the tracking feature and the notes. I have the professional plan and it works very well for me. I'd like more tracking as my business grows, but it's fine for now.

Cons

I think the interface could use a refresh, but really that's all.

MB

Marco B.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Add the missing features to macOS Mail

I started using the free features of Mailbutler to get more organized, associating mails to reminders and todo activities, they were so good I started to use the paid version. It is very well integrated with macOS mail app.

Pros

The features I use the most are those that let to associate reminders, todos and notes to emails, but also the possibility to schedule outgoing emails and tracking the read status are fundamentals. Mailbutler can be integrated with many other tools, I use the Todoist and GMail integrations to better associate emails to actions and track projects.

Cons

I'd like an integration of the notes with macOS notes app, but I suspect that macOS doesn't allow it. notes can be integrated with other services, though.

JC

Jeff C.

Mailbutler lets me know if/when someone opens an email. Gives me time to 'undo' before sending.

Pros

I love the ability to track important emails. Ever wonder if someone opened you email? Mailbutler let you know when someone opens the email, which is great, no more guessing when to follow up. I also like big able to choose the amount of time before an email gets sent. How many time have you hot send, notice a typo, then want to take it back? I set mine for 5 seconds after I hit send, that gives me one more chance to stop the email from being sent. Invaluable.

Cons

The cost per month is a bit steep for this user. They do have a very limited "free" version that gives you a handful of the main features per month. Great to "test drive" the program, its more of a tease than anything else.

EG

Earl G.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Mailbutler Has Become A Major Part of How I Do Business

In the 2 years or so that my team has been using this, we've had no real problems with using the product, and when we've had questions they've always been answered in a timely manner. We've recommended the product so many times to others who are seeking software to do this job and inside Facebook groups that we are part of.

Pros

The notifications that I receive when people have opened up a mail and/or clicked a link have become invaluable for my 'Just in time' follow ups.

Cons

It would be great if you could get these same notifications when using the product on a mobile device.

SM

Shaun M.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Tracking made easy

Pros

The ability to know exactly when someone opened and read the email without asking for a read receipt is so good, it allows you to act dynamically in pursuing leads, chasing responses and more... the ability to add custom signatures to multiple email accounts makes life so easy and the Schedule send is the icing on the cake

Cons

Cost is high for small business, but there is a lot in the package

JM

Jeremy M.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good add-on for Apple Mail

Pros

Program is simple and adds a lot of useful features. The ability to schedule or snooze emails has been great and should be a standard feature at this point. With my work, I need the option to schedule items to go out and do so consistently throughout the day. It was the main reason I downloaded this program and stuck with it after trying so many other options.

Cons

I wish the mobile app mimicked the Mac app a bit better. I find myself using a different program on my iPad and iPhone.

SR

SIMON R.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Great add-on to Apple Mail

Really like MailButler. It keeps my email routine organized. The possibility to set reminders and to confirm when an email has been read is very useful. Customer service is A+ Highly recommended !

Pros

Ability to send email at a later date Ability to see when an email has been opened

Cons

iOS app more limited. But not a dealbreaker for me.

VN

Veronika N.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Best CRM add-on for Mac Mail!

So far I did not find any other app (or combination of apps) that would match Mailbutler functionality.

Pros

Mailbutler adds a lot of features that Apple Mail is missing. You will find open/read feature very handy if you are in daily contact with your clients - you are always sure if and when (and how many times) your customers read your message.

Cons

It is a bit pricey, but only if you do not use all the features Mailbutler offers.

VC

Vincent C.

Philanthropy, self-employed

Absolutely essential

Pros

I use several signatures for different profile : personal, association leader

Cons

What's missing ? 1) For sending to multiple recipients, find out who opened the sent mail 2) a version for Thunderbird. Apple mail lack some features

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Schedule Your Email

It's good - works like it says it will - but it wasn't sanctioned, so had to get rid of it.

Pros

I loved this because I work a different shift than the rest of my colleagues, so I was able to write messages while I thought of them, but pace them a bit for delivery.

Cons

I had to remove it because IT asked me to. It was IMPOSSIBLE to uninstall. Took a long time for me to figure it out!

Amanda W.

Entertainment,

A simple and easy way to track and schedule emails

Pros

I really like that you are able to track all emails that you send out. This helps with being able to send appropriate follow up emails.

Cons

From what I understand this service is only compatible with Mac Mail (which I use). I don't always send emails from Mac Mail and would like it to be compatible with Google, as well as mobile capabilities.

CL

Charlie L.

Education Management, self-employed

Great tool for Mail

Pros

it adds many features to Mail, like Undo send, Unsubscribe, Send it later, Mail templates, Attachment reminder, etc...

Cons

Previously you could use the basic version with a limited number of features, which was perfect for occasional use. This is no longer possible with the new formula.

JN

JA N.

Retail, self-employed

Mailbutler is working for me

I have been very pleased with the product. It makes scheduling and following up with clients so much easier than doing everything in a one-off fashion and is more personal than using an email service like Constant Contact or Mailchimp.

Pros

I like the scheduling feature the most, it helps me reach customers when it's best for them but write the actual email when it's best for me!

Cons

The dashboard could be a little more user friendly, but overall nice product.

HC

Henry C.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Does what it says it does!

Consistent performance with rare minor glitches

Pros

Manages a large volume of junk mail.

Cons

Price for full feature access.

Tano B.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Very good features

Pros

One of the most helpfull features is the option to delay the sending of a message. Another very helpfull features is the option to see if the recipient got the message and received the message, like on Whatsapp. Very user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Unfortunately, not one of the official providers for secured electronic communication in Switzerland [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], which it could become if it applied. If it was that, almost all swiss lawyers would use Mailbutler, because the only two registered providers have apps that are really not user-friendly.

ZT

Zhixiang T.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Great software with good core features

Pros

I use it primarily for tracking read receipts and opened links, and it does the job pretty well. I also especially love the ability to retract an email for a few seconds upon clicking Send.

Cons

I think MailButler could use a better online platform and Mac/iOS applications, particularly iOS. The iOS application is, in my opinion, almost un-useable, given that it has almost no integrations with Apple Mail that I use as my main email software.

HJ

Hali J.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Mailbutler Business Review

Pros

I like that this software lets you see when an email has been read by the receiver. I also like that you can delay your message to send out at a specific time.

Cons

The one thing I don't like is the delay on the message, you have to actively make sure it sends out to be sent immediately. It sends seconds later but I like knowing that me email sends when I want it to.

CT

Corey T.

Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

Great Product

Pros

I love the delayed email features, which allows you to schedule and send emails at a later time. I can compose emails for my team while sitting on the couch at night, and schedule them to send at 8am. Super function!

Cons

System glitches or fails at times, and emails aren't sent properly.