Mailbutler Logo

Mailbutler

Email communication and contact management

Mailbutler Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.74/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I like the scheduling feature the most, it helps me reach customers when it's best for them but write the actual email when it's best for me.

JN

JA N.

JM

Jeremy M.

The tracking features are quite helpful and notes are another helpful feature. It's been consistent and hasn't crashed and I get all the updates I can stand, LOL.

KP

Kathleen P.

I also want to use more features other than track but find them hard to manage being alone in my organization.

RN

Rhiannon N.

A version for Thunderbird. Apple mail lack some features.

VC

Vincent C.

I tried to sign up for the lifetime version but was told it was no longer offered.

RN

Gmail

Mailchimp-logocaret
listing-logo

Mailchimp

How would you rate Mailbutler?

I get a sneaky feeling that MailButler is becoming a CRM!

I love MailButler, it's changed how I'm interacting with the mass of email that avalanches in every day!

Pros

I love being able to snooze mails that come in, I use it in place of creating todos and reminders! I simply am snoozing my mails and adding notes to help me go… and it’s working! I don’t know if that was your intention with MailButler - but that’s what I am doing!

Cons

sometimes i can't find a mail that was snoozed

Great tool to stay organized and productive

Pros

I have been using Mailbutler for many years now and I love how it keeps me organized throughout my day. I can organize my messages, write emails quickly with templates, and auto send emails at a later time so that my clients aren't recieving emails from me late at night. Highly recommend!

Cons

Early on many of the features were spotty but since then have been updated and haven't had any issues.

Good add-on for Apple Mail

Pros

Program is simple and adds a lot of useful features. The ability to schedule or snooze emails has been great and should be a standard feature at this point. With my work, I need the option to schedule items to go out and do so consistently throughout the day. It was the main reason I downloaded this program and stuck with it after trying so many other options.

Cons

I wish the mobile app mimicked the Mac app a bit better. I find myself using a different program on my iPad and iPhone.

Great add-on to Apple Mail

Really like MailButler. It keeps my email routine organized. The possibility to set reminders and to confirm when an email has been read is very useful. Customer service is A+ Highly recommended !

Pros

Ability to send email at a later date Ability to see when an email has been opened

Cons

iOS app more limited. But not a dealbreaker for me.

Mailbutler has some great features!

Pretty good, it is helping us schedule emails and therefore not need to set reminders (that may be missed) to send out emails and schedule everything in advance.

Pros

We love the ability to add this extension to our Apple Mail, and then use it to schedule emails to be sent out at a later date.

Cons

The other provided features with this software are unnecessary to us, and usually just make simple tasks on Mailbutler annoying. Every once in a while, the software fails and important emails don't get sent as scheduled.

Makes my life easier and more organzied

Time!

Pros

It puts all the features needed to be efficient in one place. I can create a template and not spend my time looking for a sent email. I can schedule emails so I don't forget to remind staff. Amazing.

Cons

The only issue is at this time is only being able to use it in apple mail. I look forward to these features in Gmail.

Best CRM add-on for Mac Mail!

So far I did not find any other app (or combination of apps) that would match Mailbutler functionality.

Pros

Mailbutler adds a lot of features that Apple Mail is missing. You will find open/read feature very handy if you are in daily contact with your clients - you are always sure if and when (and how many times) your customers read your message.

Cons

It is a bit pricey, but only if you do not use all the features Mailbutler offers.

MUST USE DAILY SOFTWARE

This is one of the best add ons to Apple Mail hands down. I use this extension every day. Why Apple hasn't added these features into Apple Mail is beyond me.

Pros

I know when clients open my email and I can keep track of my responces to them.

Cons

I can't think of thing besidesthe price.

Mail Butler Makes My life Easier

It makes my email life much easier and I am still able to use Apple Mail

Pros

Getting notified when mail is opened and by whom. Using mail templates. Makes Apple Mail much more functional.

Cons

I run out of some features on a professional and should upgrade.

Absolutely essential

Pros

I use several signatures for different profile : personal, association leader

Cons

What's missing ? 1) For sending to multiple recipients, find out who opened the sent mail 2) a version for Thunderbird. Apple mail lack some features

Good signatures make it worthwhile

Pros

Signature feature allows you to set up very slick signature for your email you can use repeatedly but optionally. I also like the 9 second unsend option. Ability to track email receive/read is well implemented though I seldom need it.

Cons

A bug in an upgrade stopped logos from being displayed correctly in signatures. It took several updates to correct.

Schedule Your Email

It's good - works like it says it will - but it wasn't sanctioned, so had to get rid of it.

Pros

I loved this because I work a different shift than the rest of my colleagues, so I was able to write messages while I thought of them, but pace them a bit for delivery.

Cons

I had to remove it because IT asked me to. It was IMPOSSIBLE to uninstall. Took a long time for me to figure it out!

Everything that should have come with Apple Mail

Pros

The functionality is outstanding. It brings all the features that should have been standard in Apple Mail.

Cons

It's a bit on the pricy side and it is subscription ware.

MailButler - my invisible scretary

The support is NON PLUS ULTRA. They are always happy to help you and they do not let any issues go into oblivion. The issue is resolved within 24 hours!

Pros

Mailbutler is a part of my every day's communication with ozens of business partners, customers, friends. It never allows me to forget what mails to send when and to whom. It also gives me the opportunity to block sending of the mail I wrote when I realize in the last moment that this mail should not go and the SEND button is already pushed! You get use to it very quickly and once you are used to it, you never go back! Congrats to the developing team that constantly makes improvements to the present features and adds new ones! Thumbs up!

Cons

The business version lets you see where and when the recipient opens the mail. Great tool & feature, but it is really overpriced!

A simple and easy way to track and schedule emails

Pros

I really like that you are able to track all emails that you send out. This helps with being able to send appropriate follow up emails.

Cons

From what I understand this service is only compatible with Mac Mail (which I use). I don't always send emails from Mac Mail and would like it to be compatible with Google, as well as mobile capabilities.

Essential for Apple Mail

Pros

I bought it so that I can tell when people read my emails without having to request a read receipt, which continue to flood your inbox. It provides that information exceptionally well. I also live for the "snooze."

Cons

I need this product on my phone as well. I have to draft an email and wait until I get to my computer so I can send it, otherwise I won't get the read notifications. I would love to know about my links, but that feature is too expensive. I use bitly.

Great tool for Mail

Pros

it adds many features to Mail, like Undo send, Unsubscribe, Send it later, Mail templates, Attachment reminder, etc...

Cons

Previously you could use the basic version with a limited number of features, which was perfect for occasional use. This is no longer possible with the new formula.

Very good features

Pros

One of the most helpfull features is the option to delay the sending of a message. Another very helpfull features is the option to see if the recipient got the message and received the message, like on Whatsapp. Very user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Unfortunately, not one of the official providers for secured electronic communication in Switzerland [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], which it could become if it applied. If it was that, almost all swiss lawyers would use Mailbutler, because the only two registered providers have apps that are really not user-friendly.

Use it every day....

Pros

Love that it's automatic and very easy to use.

Cons

I wish the full-featured version was less expensive.

Easy install with seamless integration to EverNote

Great, does just what I expected it to do. Would recommend if you are an EverNote user.

Pros

I downloaded this software because of its integration into EverNote. I don't know what I was expecting, but it turned out to be much easier to use than I envisioned. Simply click on the MailButler icon and leave a note or keyword and your email gets automagically saved into EverNote.

Cons

I wish that the trial period was longer, I got busy with other projects and didn't get to fully test the software. But what I saw I liked, easy install, easy to use, and stable (I'm running macOS Big Sur).

Excelente asistente

Excelente experiencia con el software. Intuitivo y de fácil uso e integración.

Pros

Facilidad en rastreo de correos y funcionalidades espectaculares para el trabajo y gestión de recursos.

Cons

Precio muy alto para beneficios obtenidos

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Damit wird Mail zu einem Werkzeug

Mein MailPostfach ist inzwischen leer und trotzdem verpasse ich keine Aufgabe

Pros

Ich nutze am meisten die "Aufgaben" da sich diese mit Todoist verbinden

Cons

Das Design ist etwas gewöhnungsbedürftig.

Showing original review in German. See translation

Are Your Emails and Email Links Being Seen and Read?

Again as I have indicated, users not in a business environment would not be able to purchase the professional edition as it is expensive

Pros

Mailbutler is an amazing piece of software. Whenever I send an email or an email which has links, I can be notified by Mailbutler that the email has been read and if the receiver has opened any links that I have included in my email. There are many other features to this software that I can use when necessary like delaying when an email can be sent.

Cons

The Mailbutler Business is the professional side of Mailbutler which is extremely expensive for users who are are not in a business environment but would like to use some features in the business application.

Expensive but so tempting

Great but disappointed in the free trial disappearing

Pros

The ability to schedule a mail send is beyond value sometimes. Apple mail has nothing to compare. Tracking is also very useful

Cons

The price.. for such a small business as mine the cost to schedule a mail send is just too much to justify. That's all I really need and the free plan was ample for me but now that it's going I'll have to use Gmelius which I really don't want to do.

Mailbutler is working for me

I have been very pleased with the product. It makes scheduling and following up with clients so much easier than doing everything in a one-off fashion and is more personal than using an email service like Constant Contact or Mailchimp.

Pros

I like the scheduling feature the most, it helps me reach customers when it's best for them but write the actual email when it's best for me!

Cons

The dashboard could be a little more user friendly, but overall nice product.