Auvik Reviews

Auvik Reviews

4.81/5 (21 reviews)
1,487

Matthew Greenbaum

This is honestly one of my favorite products to use. It's the most fun I have using IT software.

Reviewed 2018-01-12

Auvik is great for mapping out your networks. It's really nice to get an overall view of your networked devices and how they all connect to each other. And it's wonderful for troubleshooting outages and connection issues because you can see everything including the actual switch ports being used. But my absolute favorite part of Auvik is the discovery portion. You install the agent and it goes out and sees what networks it can see. And then it starts querying the devices with either the default credentials it has or the ones you put in yourself. And it starts building out your network. It shows you where everything is and guesses at the things, like unmanaged hubs, that it can't see. And then it finds new networks and asks if you want to scan those too and you have your main office and all the branches all in one beautiful picture with different lines indicating Layer2/Layer2/VPN/Wireless and I just find it so enjoyable. It also is great for MSPs. The billing breakdown is very nice, and it's very easy for us to have access to all our clients but then give our clients access to just their own stuff. And the notifications are easy to setup and very granular.

Corey Kirkendoll

What you need to provide complete Managed Services to your customers!!!!

Reviewed 2017-06-21

In the past, we as an MSP would try to offer Managed Network but it was too costly for us to do so or we missed a lot of things due to time and human errors. Now with Auvik we can truly offer Managed Network services quickly and better than ever, We can actually sleep better at night because our customers have Auvik on their networks and we are really taking care of the network. I like how easy it is to install, setup, and use. I had it running in about 20 minutes... I really love the searching capabilities they have you can find anything with a simple name or part of a name to help you navigate to any device or link quickly.

Rusty Pywtorak

Auvik is a good product because it is backed by good people.

Reviewed 2018-01-04

monitoring of customer networks- Easy to setup (the data collector service can run on any windows machine) - Web based client (nothing to install; does not require java) - Support is just a chat away (they answer pretty quickly) - Nice people! - NetFlow support (requires separate license, per device) - Support for 2-factor authentication - Multi-tenancy works well - It backs up copies of router configs automatically - The ability to compare 2 configs to see what changed is awesome - They support the Meraki Cloud devices - You can exclude IP ranges from scanning - You can give customers read-only access to console

Ross Leisner

Auvik: Good Not Great

Reviewed 2017-03-15

Auvik is a good product with a fantastic premise, when you start to realize the full capabilities you begin to understand how it could best be utilized. Working with Auvik feels like I'm working with Next Generation technology, that just isn't mature yet. While the product is great, it still feels like it is in it's infancy, it does a fantastic job of hooking right into SNMP data that you set but there are some major downfalls that inhibit us from using it on a larger scale. The need for new features are identified quickly but implemented slowly. We've been working with Auvik for around 6 months and they still have not added; 2FA administration capabilities (cannot remove my own users devices from their accounts), Vanity URLs for site logins, RBAC (Role Based Access Control) for users and groups (no groups available at all currently, lack of multiple sets of credentials (would like different privilege level SSH logins to my devices based on group membership etc). In my eyes those features list above are must-haves before I would rank Auvik as an excellent tool, in a larger environment it's just too cumbersome to manage everything individually. Negative aspects aside Auvik blows other utilities out of the water that I've utilized. The ability to SSH into a network device from anywhere over browser is extremely convenient but the true value in my eyes comes from the configuration backups and line differentials to see what has changed. All that being said, I would still opt to include Auvik into any network I expect to manage, but so far the comments above are what keep me from pushing it everywhere, I would simply spend too much time managing the users and permissions.

Garry Adams

Totally love Auvik! It has changed the way we manage networks!

Reviewed 2017-11-21

Remote access to routers/switches/devices that do not have their own cloud management. Custom alerting. Integration with our Autotask, our PSA (Ticketing) system. Dynamic network maps. Layer 1 to Layer 3 visibility.

Jeff Hauser

We have had a great experience using Auvik to monitor and manage our MSP environment.

Reviewed 2018-01-04

Easily managed infrastructure monitoring and managing of clients. It is cloud based so it requires little of the client's resources to setup and use the product.The software is easy to setup and get functional monitoring in a very short time. Configuring alerts and management functions makes the product even better to use and recommend.

Corey Kirkendoll

Very positive and great tool to have in my toolbox

Reviewed 2018-01-04

Allows me to have a huge added benefit to my end customers. Ease of use and very simple to setup and get valuable and useful data for you and your customers. I have tried several other tools and nothing works this good and this fast out of the box.

Stephen Tracy

Auvik Review

Reviewed 2017-03-18

Auvik has been great from the moment I spoke to the staff at a peer group meeting. We setup a demo of the functionality of Auvik and then decided to test it out a couple of client sites on a trial basis. We were happy with what we saw and decided to purchase 100 licenses for use. We plan to roll it out across all of our clients eventually, but for now we use it in some of our larger environments where we need insight into what is happening from the networking side. We had never really used a product like this before and we are seeing some good returns on it from our engineers who have been able to use it to identify issues and cut down on the amount of time it takes to diagnose a problem. We are still learning how to best utilize it as far as alerting and some of the functionality it offers, but Auvik has training classes available that they encourage you to attend and run every couple of weeks. Overall, I would highly recommend Auvik and I look forward to continuing to grow our use of it.It's easy to configure initially and is able to pull a lot of information for being so easy to run on a client's network

Anonymous

Very good software driven by a stellar team of devs.

Reviewed 2018-01-04

Easy to setup and configure and get visibility into client networks. The product guides you through the setup and implementation in an efficient manner.

Eve Fishman

Brilliant and has been super easy to use &very handy for trouble shooting clients that are offsite

Reviewed 2018-01-04

I can see the whole network for remote clients and if there is an issue we save a lot of time on pinpointing the issueThe ease of use and the fact that I can see the whole network and trouble shooting is so much easier now. It doesn't take long to learn and anyone can set it up and configure.

Chad DeRocher

Auvik is a great tool and has been a huge asset to us.

Reviewed 2018-01-04

Time and Savings.Its user friendly and speeds up troubleshooting 10 fold for us. The network maps are very detailed and its nice to launch a remote session out of Auvik.

Andrew Hutchison

Auvik fits our needs as an MSP perfectly. It integrates well with ConnectWise Manage and Automate.

Reviewed 2018-01-08

ConnectWise Manage (alert ticketing) and Automate integrated network device monitoring.Ease of use and integration with ConnectWise Manage and Automate are the biggest positives. We migrated from a competing cost equivalent solution in about a quarter the time it took us to set up that competing solution and have way better integration. When compared to competitors, Auvik is priced competitively. Onboarding training was great and did not cost us extra to train multiple pools of staff.

Matt Kopp

Amazing product with an over abundance of features. Excellent service when things go sideways.

Reviewed 2018-01-04

Incredibly in-depth piece of software that allows reatime tracking of network and infrastructure assets. Amazingly scalable to any infrastructure. Excellent for Root Cause Analysis and network tracing. Fantastic, knowledgeable, friendly support.

Donald Howard

Beyond Belief Network Visibility

Reviewed 2017-03-15

We never know that we could see so much of our client's networks without the use of a $ Fluke Network device. We are able to see more then out expensive RMM tool is able to provide at a barebones cost. This is a must have for every MSP in their network management tool kit. We are now looking to use it with our Network Audit accounts. The reports are very through and elevate what you are able to document and show your client.How thorough the software is in gathering information on everything that is on the network.

Chad Odom

Great Software

Reviewed 2017-11-21

Monitors and alerts work great with callback to Autotask PSA. Drill down into the port level is excellent. It backs up your configurations and monitors changes.

Go from 0 to visualized in 20 minutes

Reviewed 2018-01-08

The visualization of the network is about as simple as it gets. The setup is very easy. Not many hours involved in getting to the end goal.

Arthur Hutchinson

This has made our job as an MSP so much easier

Reviewed 2018-02-15

The way it goes out and finds every thing on the network is fantastic. We can on-board a new customer much quicker than we used to. We can quickly hunt down a device that is consuming a lot of bandwidth. The backups of configs is very useful.

Lance McGinn

Auvik "The Account Manager Perspective"

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-03-28

Historically, MSP's can be perceived as a threat to IT departments for fear of outsourcing their teams. Auvik has helped Mytech as an MSP to relieve that tension, to work in concert with information technology departments and increase their value in the organization. The typical SMB IT manager¿s toolset exposure may be limited to the last system they used or freeware monitoring systems. Mytech, positions Auvik and its integration with our PSA system, ConnectWise, as a true co-managed value add, to help elevate that IT manager with easily aggregated and targeted insights that help make educated decisions, and a positive impact for their organization. As a win win, it gives our technicians a deeper understanding of our client¿s networks and sales opportunities for our account managers. When one of my former, well researched, senior engineers took an IT Director Positon for a medical center, and approached us specifically about Auvik, I knew that this solution was a game changer. I helps me to help IT professionals

Eric May

Great product if you know what it is

Reviewed 2017-03-27

This is a great product as long as you know exactly what it is. It is an excellent graphing, diagramming, and configuration management tool for network devices. It allows us to make good judgement calls for clients and helps us to diagnose things before they become huge. It is not great at telnet/ssh connections, lacks some in supporting all vendors (graphing), and isn't very fault tolerant. We've had issues in the past with support giving us canned answers and not being very attentive to our issues. Overall, though, it is a great product we use every day and continue to pay for, which says something!

Anonymous

Amazing ability to scale, monitor notify and back up.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-01-04

Network mapping and overview.Easy to use and implement/manage. Auvik is non-platform specific, which makes things nice. Presentation to clients flows in-line with the product.

Anonymous

Very good just hard to get clients to pay for switch, router, & firewall monitoring

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-01-08

Allows me to see down to individual ports on all devices and store configurations for easy backup of network devices