LogMeIn Central

Endpoint management for desktops, servers & mobile laptops

LogMeIn Central Reviews - Page 3

This has provided an enterprise solution for less than the expected cost

Overall experience has been extremely positive, after the initial setup has been completed LogMeIn scales to any size organisation via GPO installation and I have only very rarely run into major issues with it. I intend to continue using LogMeIn for the foreseeable future.

Pros

I am able to set up groups within LogMeIn to specify domain/non-domain/desktop/laptop/server/etc. This makes finding the correct computer much easier LogMeIn can be installed via GPO and when configured correctly functions with zero intervention from IT staff and runs silently in the background so the users are not disturbed by it. Two factor authentication ensures that the account cannot be breached by any means Passwords can be set for each computer so in the extremely unlikely event of 2FA being breached the computers remain secure.

Cons

There is a "Trust this computer" or "remember me" button on the login - this does not work if 2FA has been set up. It is confusing and frustrating to keep this button available on the "enter the code we just text you" page when it serves no purpose. On rare occasions LogMeIn has crashed requiring the client to reboot their PC before it becomes accessible again.

Logmein Central Savings

I can troubleshoot issues without leaving my office, which we have 20 locations throughout Missouri. I can also install updates remotely. These are the 2 most important things that has saved our company tons of time and money. Also, I have used it for training personnel on the remote computer.

Pros

I can install it on our remote computers throughout Missouri and troubleshoot issues or install updates without having to travel.

Cons

I would like to see file transfer capabilities on the level I have purchased

LogMeIn saves time, money and headaches!

I tell my friends about this software all the time and I recomend it to any others IT techs that need to use remote software!

Pros

LogMeIn is by far the best remote software I've used. Having over 200 remote computers at various different business locations can be hard to keep organized but not wtih LogMeIn. LogMeIn easily lets you catolog machines by subfolders and it even lets you setup installation deployments!

Cons

I honestly cannot say there is anything about LogMeIn that I feel can be classified as a con! I love the software and I use it on a daily basis. With an average of 350 computers connected to it.

Good third party remote desktop application.

Pros

We have clients that we are not able to vpn or rdp to since they have their own networks. We use logmein to remote into the computers that run our software so we can troubleshoot issues. This software is pretty smooth and easy to use for what we use it for. The process to configure it is simple and any one can manage this. My overall use of this is everyday 8hrs a day. well made software.

Cons

At times it can be a heavy resource constraint on a computer that is limited with hardware. It could use some updates to it's functions but not a bad con, more like a minimal con.

Very feature rich but can be a little buggy

Pros

I like the suite of features. It's so much more than just remote access. However, that is the main use for me. To be able to just drop into a customer's computer is a wonderful thing.

Cons

Lately I have seen issues with the logmein agent crashing and kicking me out of remote sessions. Hoping this is fixed in the future. But it's very simple to reconnect. Just can cause interruptions.

The Gold Standard for Remote Management.

After a problem caused by a bad Windows update, I needed a way to remotely administer my servers while away from the office. LogMeIn Central allows me to see which machines have pending updates and decide whether or not to post-pone them pending isolated testing, all from a central location. It's also allows me to schedule batch updates for third-arty software via the One2Many tool. And as a bonus, it allows me to aid employees with issues on their client computers with an Ad Hoc Support session.

Pros

Ease and speed of deployment. Multiple platform support for client software. Automation.

Cons

It's on the pricey side, but there aren't many tools out there with this many features.

Highly recommend

I and my users are able to have remote access to our servers and workstations when and where we need them.

Pros

I like having remote access to all of my system's machine right in one place and can manage all of my users and set access controls as needed.

Cons

Only issues I have had is sometimes if you log in at an unfamiliar location it was do the prove your are not a robot thing with captcha and it doesn't always work well with the images.

President

I have used LogMeIn for over 10 years and it is one of the great access software out there.

Pros

You can easily login to a system that has issues any time and any place. Also you can see the status of the computer for usage and updates and more. Plus you can give access to your customers to their system as well.

Cons

Is the port that is used for LogMeIn. It is a critical port that makes the PCI compliance to fail

LogMeIn Central

We use it to service clients at our business, and it's been well worth the money.

Pros

Ease of use and deployment options. Stellar security history and proactive approach.

Cons

Some limitations in features only available in MUCH higher prices (pro vs. central and the gap in price) as well as some bugs that occur here and there. Definitely not enough negatives to make me use another software.

Helps us manage our infrastructure at a good price

Pros

We use the user management, antivirus management, system health monitoring and computer grouping according to location, access and permission frequently to keep on eye on everything and compared to the other software we looked at this has been a great buy for us.

Cons

The only major issue that I have with this product isn't even with the product, it is with the customer support that assists whenever an issue comes up. Being escalated to different tiers of support until you are able to get to the person who can actually help you.

Amazing remote software

The overall flexibility of the subscriptions allows for scalability for small to large IT firms looking for a flexible and customizable solution. The ability to have access to reports showing everything from attempted access to duration of access.

Pros

Flexible subscription options. The charts & reports are very useful.

Cons

A few major changes were rolled out, but not made public to even the subscribed users till last minute.

I love this tool. We use it multiple times daily.

Pros

This tool has simplified remote connection and remote management of PCs. We use it for about 250 PCs. Our IT staff love it due to its reliability and ease of use. Our staff love it because it makes it trivial for IT staff to fix their machines remotely.

Cons

The price has been going up every year. It is getting expensive enough that we may have to look for a more cost effective solution.

A great solution for IT infrastructures

A reliable and safe solution for accessing devices remotely.

Pros

- Response time between computers - Great selection of features for IT when accessing computers - great option for device maintenance

Cons

- It's sometimes buggy - Frequent updates - Pricy - Not great business support (I opened an important bug/ticket about 6 months ago and it is still open.. no resolution or updates on the matter)

Have used for years across multiple clients

Allows users to work from home. have setup many employees at clients to work remotely using this software.

Pros

Easy, reliable and great for setting up remote access for notice users who need to work remotely or connect into a pc occasionally.

Cons

Cost has gone up over the years. use to be much less expensive. be sure to buy a longer time period to get discounts.

Great way to remote in

Overall logmein is perfect for getting into my office computer from home when I need to get work done. O try not to use it extensively however due to the lag time.

Pros

Logmein gives you fill access to your computer from am outside location. I have had no issues with full functionality of software remotely.

Cons

There is a large lag time so getting tasks done remotely can take a while. Beyond that I have no issues.

Log Me In

Pros

The best remote access software I have used. It is a simple, easy, and secure way to access a computer without being in front of it.

Cons

This product used to have a free version. The subscription cost goes up every year. At one point, I accessed all of my computers (home and 2 offices) with this software. I currently only see the need to pay their subscription fee on 2 computers.

Remote Automated IT Support Tool

Overall, I have not been disappointed with LogMeIn. I have used it both as an admin accessing a remote terminal, and as an end-user receiving service and support. There is a reason LogMeIn is considered one of the most stable and reliable remote terminal products on the market.

Pros

When we were first launching, this was the tool we used how to manage remote desktops. It's saved our bacon a few times when we had to access remote terminal for major software and OS updates, security scans, etc.

Cons

For the price, we switch to a full-service IT provider that uses the same software but manages the processes themselves. This product is obviously priced more affordably for resellers who are using it to manage multiple clients and companies.

LogMeIn User

I use it everday, we wouldn't be able to function as smoothly without it.

Pros

Couldn't do business without it. I have multiple computers hooked up over 4 locations, and this gives me access to them at the drop of a hat.

Cons

Sometimes a computer gets logged off or needs to be updated, but that's not their problem. Software is amazing.

Review of LogMeIn Central Software

We have 15 computers and will be growing that beyond 25 within the next six months. It's the most convenient way to access them all, anywhere, anytime. Even when travelling on an international flight, if on my of in-store managers has an issue, I'm able to login and assist. The value on this is priceless.

Pros

Ease of use. Always reliable. I have never had one single login error, ever. This says alot! We use other major software platforms and they often go down for "Maintenance" at least once per week.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the software.

Very helpful product when doing IT support.

Changed the way our department is run when doing IT support.

Pros

This software helps us to track all our organization pc's in one place. The dashboard allows you to see the health, updates and antivirus statuses of the organization.

Cons

Not inexpensive. When using this product in a large organization the cost can be quite high in order to track all of your assets.

Powerful and solid

Software is very useful and fairly easy to use. Product is well worth it’s current pricing.

Pros

Allows for the management of a wide array of computers from a single interface. Sessions are easy to manage and maintain.

Cons

Pricing per seat has increased the last several years and there is a huge leap in numbers between tiers.

Reliable Tool For Remote Support Professionals

It is our most used tool and allows reliable access on even slow, latent connections.

Pros

Reliable. Easy Installation. Ability to allow customer to access their system remotely as secondary user for no additional charge.

Cons

Expensive. For the price, features such as file transfer and system monitoring should be included.

Logmein Central Made it easy to manage all our endpoints.

Pros

Managing all our clients was easy with Logmein Central. We could easily see who's online, or not. Manage updates, easily obtain remote access, and all the other features are a huge plus.

Cons

I couldn't really find a huge downside to this software. Their support is amazing, the features are up there with all of their competitors.

It's alright but could be better

LogMeIn Central does the job but I still had to look for an alternative.

Pros

The software does remote desktop well; the resolution is good and even some of the remote management for Windows computer is beneficial.

Cons

There is poor support for Mac. The software for Mac doesn't support chat. The layout of the targets in the portal could be better; deployment is not the greatest; push preferences are for higher tier pricing.

Great product for remote support

Pros

Agent based remote support - installation of agent is simple and connecting and making use of the product is simple to use - a life saver when needing to access remote servers/computers

Cons

A security risk without patching the agent and software often. Support is poor depending on the person who is helping with your issues.