Marker Reviews

Pros

Marker IO makes it super easy to report a bug directly into Jira with a screen grab, some overlay text, arrows. It makes reporting a bug super easy and helpful to the support team.

The ease of capturing screenshots and marking them up with annotations. Additionally, Github integration is fantastic.

I like most about this software that it is super easy and intuitive. You really don't need to train people or show them how to use it.

Markus O.

Cons

Sometimes some of the drawing tools don't behave properly; the text tool is the worst, sometimes the cursor ends up miles away from where the text is actually appearing.

Richard C.

For my purposes I have yet to find a criticism with the product.

No option to set up integrations at the company level - leaves the integration up to each user. Lacks workflow sophistication - integration with backend systems can feel very open-ended.

4.8

Easy way to share visual issues

This is the kind of software that saves you time allowing you to focus on what really matter.

Pros

As a developer, I love that all issues reported into Jira actually come with the source URL and information about the user environment (Browser, OS, screen size, ...)

Cons

I really hope that the team at Marker.io will build the ability to edit the built-in bug reporting template

We now support a custom bug report template help your colleagues & clients report bugs that fit your developers' needs. Just go to your dashboard and you'll see this a new tab allowing you to edit your bug report template.

Bug reporting has never been easier since I've been using Marker !!

Pros

Before Marker, it was very difficult to explain a bug to my development team. I had to take print screens, then send by email, explain in the email the bug, etc. Thanks to Marker, it became very easy! all done in <10 seconds!

Cons

It would really be nice if the team could add video recording as a new feature to capture more dynamic bugs

My overall experience with marker.io has been good.

Pros

Works well. The customer support is highly responsive. I had a video chat with a couple of your representatives and it was great!

Cons

I'm used to using Bonfire (which is now Jira Capture) and I'm missing a few features, like I mentioned in the video chat I had with you guys (the template management feature).

Premium capture and annotate tool built for Agencies

Pros

Marker.io makes it easy for our clients, project managers, QA and designers to report bugs and issues to our development team via Trello and other support services we employ.

Cons

If Marker.io could grab the content of the console log, that would be awesome. Also, really looking forward to having access the Browserstack integration!

Super simple way to report web app issues to my team

Saved a bunch of time and it was a really easy setup with the Chrome (and now Firefox) extension.

Pros

GitHub integration was the big winner for me. As soon as I spot a bug in our web app, I report a GitHub issue without having to log into the GitHub interface. It's a big time-saver for me.

Cons

I'd love for the ability to create and edit different bug report templates for separate GitHub repositories. This would be really helpful and save me even more time :)

Reduced our QA process time by 60%

Pros

Marker.io is all about reducing the number of steps and it has helped us reduce our QA process time by more than 60%.

Cons

Can't wait for the Browserstack integration to get out of beta so that all issues reported via Marker.io will include the meta data of the Browserstack device

It just works perfectly!

Pros

Very easy to use visual tool. I use it all the time to explain things to customers or to create documentation for our knowledge base.

Cons

I would like to be able to capture screenshot outside of webpages. A Mac app would be a great improvement!

Huge time saver!

Pros

t's really impressive! I had tried hundreds of similar tools and no one compares with Marker.io. Huge improvement to my workflow.

Cons

Maybe the only thing would be the ability to capture the console logs when I report a bug.

Simple way to share product feedback

Ease of use...screenshot commenting, integration with Trello, daily usage

Pros

I initially signed up for the Jira integration but the Marker.io is much more than that. I use Marker.io as soon as I need to get a point across

Cons

I think the pricing is a bit steep, especially for small teams but once you've started using it, it's hard to stop paying.

Gets the job done and saves time!

Makes reporting issues vastly simpler and more consistent

Pros

Easy visual capture enriched with critical environmental details Encourages consistency, but allows for flexible and fast reporting Integrates with backend project management systems

Cons

No option to set up integrations at the company level - leaves the integration up to each user Lacks workflow sophistication - integration with backend systems can feel very open-ended

We now allow you to set up an integration on a company level. This way, your team members don't have to sync their own account. It's super fast to onboard your whole team or clients if you're an agency! Could you send me an email at ev@marker.io so we can enable that on your account?

Anyone reviewing, commenting and collaborating on browser software should be using Marker.io

A simple-to-use tool for reporting software issues and getting them into our Trello workflow.

Pros

As a small team, wearing many hats, Marker.io has really streamlined how we develop software. We use it to develop our own Saas platform RunMags.com and also when developing our own website. We used to take screenshots with a regular snipping tool but then had to go into Trello, create a new card and then upload the screenshot. It was tedious so not all issues were reported. With Marker.io that entire process is simplified to one single move! An additional plus is that it's 100% Chrome based so those of us who work with Chromebooks can partake in the bug reporting process.

Cons

I'd like to have the same simple tool for phones and tablets. That would really simplify reporting responsiveness issues.

We actually have a mobile app connected to marker.io. You can now take screenshot of a bug in your phone or tablet and create an issue in your Jira/Trello, etc with Marker.io. We automatically attach all the information of the device you were using when you took that screenshot. Learn more https://marker.io/mobile or go in your dashboard to download it.

Excellent alternative to issue trackers if used with Trello.

Pros

Ease of use and comes with lots of functionality like full page or desktop screenshots. Integrations to Trello, Jira and Github or just get the sharable link and paste it where needed.

Cons

A deep integration with Browserstack would be a huge win for our QA team as the developers will immediately know on which device a certain bug was captured.

Marker has completely changed the way my team does bug validation

Pros

The ability to create cards on the fly without even having trello open is absolutely remarkable. This product has changed the way we do release management and bug testing. Not to mention I can organize to multiple boards at a single instance.

Cons

Honestly my cons for this product are few. Honestly I think you should bring back the legacy plan that my team is currently on. I have reccomend to a few small teams who would like that feature. Other than that just a few quirks with the UI. Mainly the pull direction when drawing arrows.

Marker.io has been an excellent product to help us manage our software development.

Pros

I am the support manager for one of the products that my company develops, and so Marker.io has made communicating things with my development team extremely simple. - The GitHub integration means I can post new issues quickly and efficiently, vs. having to take a screenshot, mark up the screenshot, and then upload it to GitHub. - The fact that most of our GitHub items for our repository are right...

Cons

The only thing I would say I dislike about the software (and I don't even really dislike this, it's just the one thing that I think is missing) is that you can't assign the issue to a project. That is the one thing that I still have to go into GitHub to do after creating and posting an issue with Marker.io.

Reporting GitHub issues is now a pleasure

Win time and be loved by your dev team.

Pros

As an account manager, I'm constantly in touch with our customer who report improvements ideas and small bugs. Marker.io makes is easy for me to log that for our development team

Cons

A desktop application to capture feedback outside of the browser window would be awesome, especially for desktop-based apps.

We found it easy to start using marker.io and now it's an important part of our QA process.

Pros

Collecting product feedback and logging bugs visually with marker.io and a trello integration has proven to be really useful for the team. It is especially useful gathering feedback from business users on the team who may not have experience communicating about product features or bugs; the ability to mark up a screenshot removes the ambiguity that usually arises in these flows. The light-weight, visual and integrated nature of marker.io is perfect for our team.

Cons

Easy to capture and send to slack!

Pros

Integrates with Slack to make project QA a breeze. Marking up screenshots for client support saves so much time.

Cons

No current way to capture a hover or dropdown effect. This is available with some desktop applications that allow you to delay the capture for a few seconds so you can click or hover over an element.

Perfect for QA & product feedback

This product saves us so much time, I recommend it daily to users!

Pros

Marker.io is a key tool for our development team. I love how they completely reinvented bug tracking via deep integrations.

Cons

The ability to record video is the one feature that I miss the most as sometimes bugs are easier to explain with a short Gifs

Intuitive way for clients to report feedback into Trello

Pros

The Trello integration is really the best part about Marker.io. Our clients and team mates use it all the time to report website issues into Trello

Cons

I wished it would be easier for clients to get started. The customer success team told me that this was something they were working on.

Best & first bug reporting app to be adopted across all departments

Creating bug reports really easy and in a consistent manner across the whole company.

Pros

It's ease of use and simplicity. - While we started using this with Trello, we have switch to Productboard for our main PM-tool. - No problem for Marker - It's just send the bug report/screenshot to the inbox-email instead

Cons

It' limited to the browser only. We sometimes need to capture stuff outside the browser. - And video recording would be a big plus as well.

Use it every day!

It’s been a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone thinking about purchasing.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use across all my daily work- different apps, on the internet, etc. it’s been great for communicating with my team and capturing certain aspects of important work. I really love the integration to slack allowing me to directly share important pieces

Cons

Opens up multiple tabs while capturing screenshots

Using marker.io alongside Trello for project managements has streamlined our bug tracking

Pros

I love how simple it is to create a screenshot, markup the image to point out the issue and the fact that it supplies additional information such as the users browser version, resolution etc.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to figure out how to delete screenshots at first, besides that its done everything I've needed it to!

Seamless bug reporting experience. Simple and easy on the eye.

Pros

Really enjoy the user experience and how it has reduced many of the unnecessary steps and friction when providing feedback or reporting bugs.

Cons

For the moment, you can only take screenshots. I hope one day I'll be able to take videos as my job sometimes requires showing more than a snapshot.

I use marker io on a daily basis. It has definitely made posting github issues easier

Pros

The github/ slack integration is by far the most useful portion. Being able to directly create github issues had improved our efficiency

Cons

Not being able to add github labels. The github repo list can be slow -ish to load. I wish there was improved slack integration

Sharing visual feedback feels like a breeze!

The support team is really good and they have promised a few key features that they have delievered so I don't have much to say.

Pros

Whenever I want to share something visual to a team mate or a customer, I use Marker.io. But the best part is how easy it is to create GitHub issues.