N-sight Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.38/10

See full reviews by rating

Cons

What i like most about SolarWinds RMM is the the integration of multiple software solutions in one location. Also the SSO to other RMM software like Backup is great.
SolarWinds has a great solutions and been happy with the support. They give generous discounts and allow very attractive solutions to provide more features and products to our clients.
I got a call that we would get extra charges and the value of the product dropped. I paid and asked to cancel.
Needs training to use, so many things to do, it can become easy to get lost or forget where the lesser tools are placed or what their called.
The biggest problem is that the agent can really take over CPU and memory.

N-sight users...

PRTG Network Monitor-logocaret

PRTG Network Monitor

Pulseway-logocaret

Pulseway

Pro-logocaret
listing-logo

Pro

Panda Cloud Office Protection-logocaret

Panda Cloud Office Protection

How would you rate N-sight?

Almost the perfect solution

Our IT unit was in disarray when I took over and Solarwinds helped us get control of all aspects of systems management. From monitoring servers to patching workstations and protecting our users from CTD's. And on top of it all... inventory. We now know where all our assets are and who is using them.

Pros

Above all, this software gives you the tools you need to run an IT department. Patch management, Managed AV, Web filtering, Risk Intel etc..

Cons

There isnt much. If I had to gripe on something I would say the UI and UX could use a facelift/makeover. Hover menus, cleaner look. But this is just to pick something.

Highly Recommended

Monitoring made easy.

Pros

I have used Solarwinds RMM for 3 1/2 years, the program has changed hands many times. I like the integration with teamviewer, makes monitoring workstations and servers extremely easily. I don't think I could manage customers without RMM.

Cons

Support isn't the best, not timely and often you do not get the solution you are looking for, they need to clean up and update their online guides.

Solarwinds RMM Review

We have been using Solarwinds RMM for quite a while now and have been very happy with they business relationship we have formed, easy, cost effective RMM with loads of features.

Pros

This RMM is cost effective and web based, no need to install a bunch of software to use it. The ability to turn on components as you want to upgrade and grow is brilliant.

Cons

I have to say I cannot think of anything that I like the least.

SolarWinds RMM MSP Software

Pros

Remote Access, Industry Standard Software for protection, quick install, Data collection

Cons

Loading of the RMM is slow, workstation drag and drop not available, does not provide much information like Kasaya does, and issues installing because its not showing up on the RMM Dashboard. Dashboard also could use a touch up. Support is slow to respond, Make this more like Kaseya, and you will have the Perfect RMM. Keep the pricing more lower then the others as well. make support easily accessable to partners like myself. And provide more training and help for setting up billing, and consumer side visuals.

Instant notifications = quick response rates

We've had SolarWinds deployed in place for years and it works perfectly.

Pros

I've used SolarWinds notifications across multiple organizations I've worked for. Battery Backups fail after short power outages and SolarWinds helps to identify those needing replacing.

Cons

SolarWinds is a staple in the field, we do not have anything negative to say about SolarWinds RMM...

Remotely keep an eye on your customer computers

Pros

Monitors many items on a company's computer network, allows for remote access, antivirus monitoring and reporting, control over when updates are installed, can schedule reboots for off hours.

Cons

The main application needs to be installed onsite. There is some delay when a computer is restarted for the portal to show that is online.

SolarWinds makes a fantastic RMM tool.

Pros

What I like most about SolarWinds RMM is it's value. I believe you get the most bang for your buck compared to other RMMs. In a recent survey among MSPs nationwide, SolarWinds was even ranked the best overall.

Cons

Patch management could be better, but I know they are working hard on it. Right now it's a bit complicated to setup and use.

Good product for a small shop

Managed services, able to take control of computers and to keep an eye on important functionality.

Pros

Not expensive. Pay per use. Easy to use. Works well.

Cons

Some features like chat with the user have still not been built in. Patch management seems to fail on patches some times.

Great product to manage clients from a single dashboard

Single dashboard to manage all our clients.

Pros

Love the ability to push out updates/patches with a single click or a custom script. Tons of extra features if you are willing to purchase them.

Cons

The reporting feature of this software is sub par at best especially with network vulnerability feature. This could definitely be improved.

Makes my live easier

We have an expanding business with ever changing IT needs, solawinds has molded itself to work with our fast paced environment. To have an overview of out IT infrastructure and critical IT system at the touch of button. Pretty much anywhere allows for some easy IT management that without Solarwinds would take double to the time

Pros

The ease of use Speed of information Great patch management Amazing product interrogation

Cons

Some menus can be clunky Searching and changing large amount of items can be hard to find interface could be more modern

Nice to have all your customers in one place

Customer service is hard to reach and slow to respond

Pros

The fact that I have all my customer computers in one place

Cons

Updates fail constantly and the reason is not clear. Also it doesn't work with trendmicro antivirus which is my solution

We're sorry to hear you've experienced some challenges with customer service as we always strive to deliver the best service experience possible. This obviously wasn't what you experienced and that's troublesome. We will reach out to you shortly to hopefully assist you further.

Solarwinds RMM software review

I consider Solarwinds RMM a powerful software for managing IT Services which combines a set of tools into a unique panel, making the network administration more flexible and intuitive , allowing remote access and scalability to incorporate more network and IT components into its service scope.

Pros

- Provides a set of tools for managing IT Services into an unique panel. - Last version includes NetPath which allows us knowing network performance and infrastructure from starting to finish points of our network. - Allows active monitoring and alerting . - Inlciude remote access that allows to monitor and administering the network wherever we are. - QoS analysis available.

Cons

- The configuration process for this software must be done by person with high level knowledge about Networking and IT Infrastructure.

Long Time User

We use this product all the time to monitor our customer's systems. The alerts and checks are the main features I use. It has helped us in many situations prevent many disasters.

Pros

-easy to monitor -easy to use -lot's of features

Cons

I don't have any issues with this product

easy and too helpfool

Pros

1. easy to customize checks as per the system status. 2. easy to deploy agents. 3. easy to make reports. 4. easy and sophisticated to take remote, chat session and file sharing features. 5. best for security purpose 2 factor authentication facility.

Cons

1. update little bit lately. 2. network discovery feature is not available. 3. do not have inbuilt ticketing tool.

Excellent and fast remote monitoring system

Pros

- The importance of automation reflects very solid characteristics to be taken into account. - The use of a centralized console makes our students clearly identify the managed services. - Allows to anticipate problems thanks to monitoring alerts. - Large amount of scripts in the network that serve as support.

Cons

- We have detected that sometimes the notification of the emails does not arrive. - The amount of information presented within mobile applications should be expanded, since today it is a very useful element for this type of user.

Great value RMM tool that does the work of many people on my team!

remote support, patch management, antivirus management

Pros

I love the remote support, the file transfer, the chat feature, the scripting tools, and being able to get checks cleared from the software without using a remote session

Cons

I don't like its Mac integration, it seems broken. I also don't like the fact that it doesn't tie into Kaseya BMS at all.

Former user

I think SolarWinds is a good company and probably a great fit for many companies.

Pros

Several years ago, before Solar Winds acquired this product from the vendor I was using, the features and pricing model worked well for me. The ability to connect and manage client PC's was reliable and functional. Also, adding anti-virus, backup and web protection was a good feature.

Cons

After losing one of my larger users, the flat rate platform fee made the overall cost a bit much for the remaining users. Also, the pricing model for the backup was no longer competitive in my environment.

SolarWinds RMM Works for the MSP

Pros

This Software does all of the heavy lifting and will save you time and money from managing your network the manual way

Cons

This software does everything that I ask of it.

Works as a remote desktop for remoting into computers or servers

Overall it has been good. It has allowed me to remote into computers and servers and correct issues with no problems. Only if the agent eats up a lot of CPU and memory will you have an issue with slowness.

Pros

Easy to get setup. Install the windows agent on a computer or Server and then add a discovery job to find that device. Can also be used for cell phones, printers and any network device you need to monitor. Allows multiple options form Take Control to Remote Desktop, Java web control.

Cons

Can sometimes be flaky. The biggest problem is that the agent can really take over CPU and memory. Sometimes to the point of making the device you are remoted into really slow. Tried everything suggested on SolarWinds website to mitigate this to no avail. Location tracking for cell phones is also buggy. Soem phones report location correctly, others will not report at all, so if soemone loses a phone, good luck trying to find it. Good thing for Google tracking.

All the alerts!

SolarWinds in general is amazing. They are responsive, helpful, and reliable. Their forum is full of advise from other users and it is a great resource not just for solarwinds products, but in general.

Pros

There is so much versatility with this. You can monitor so many things and automate responses.

Cons

It can be information overload, but that is not their fault. I was new to IT and didn't know what half of it did. Now, I think I would be able to process the information better and utilize it more.

Great piece of software!

Pros

I like that everything is so nicely sorted out. All issues are clearly visible, and the Wall-chart is amazing!

Cons

It is a bit slow, and i would like to see the Dashboard inthe same function as the wall-chart.

SolarWinds RMM is Fantastic

Pros

-Easy to Use -Easy to Manage -Great Customer Support -Provides lots of tools that make supporting a large environment with remote users easy

Cons

-Backup Tools are expensive -Some of the security reports that estimate the value of your data are a little exaggerated

Great Product

I am very pleased to be able to see all of my devices in a single pane.

Pros

Everything is visible at a glance, icons make it easy to what needs to be updated, what to reboot, and what needs further attention

Cons

Setup of new devices can be a little cumbersome, but it can be done.

Jack-Of-All-Trades Monitoring Software

Although the interface can be a bit crowded, the absolutely feature-rich software that is SolarWinds has won me over as a lifelong customer.

Pros

A simple right-click on any workstation or sever will let you explore a wealth of options and configurations for every single device that carries the SolarWinds (also known as GFI) software. Backups, updates, controlling services, remote desktop control, you name it, SolarWinds has got it!

Cons

Modules can be slow to uninstall and re-deploy, and remote connections can be spotty occasionally if the SolarWinds remote services begins having issues after updates (which can usually be fixed by restarting or re-installing that module); besides that, I have very few complaints!

Comprehensive platform for managed service providers

Pros

Single platform for managing windows updates, helpdesk, remote support, and monitoring. I really like the ability to run custom scripts, and scripts in reaction to issues identified. This saves us time and money and helps us stay ahead of the competition.

Cons

We often get false email alerts for failed checks sent to our helpdesk, which can cause a nuisance.