Uptime.com Reviews

Uptime.com

Uptime & performance monitoring made easy.

4.59/5 (27 reviews)

Wes Broadway

Reliable monitoring system, very flexible.

Reviewed 2018-10-10

I'm a solo developer/admin for an internet-based company, and so it's crucial that we are immediately aware of any outages or problems with our sites. We've been using Uptime for roughly 18 months, and it has proven to be extremely reliable in detecting any outages. Additionally, the advanced monitoring checks that are available are impressive - it can submit data to forms, observe real user sessions, verify that SSL certificates are valid, and more. I strongly recommend Uptime to anyone who relies on a steady internet presence for their business. Tremendous value for our company, and great peace of mind for myself especially, as the overseer of our operations.

Pros
- Easy to use, very clean design - Notifies quickly of any detected outages - Reliably detects even small/brief outages - The wide variety of things that can be monitored, including APIs & multi-step pathways - Very quick to navigate through the various console pages - API access to the reports that can be integrated into internal applications - Documentation is very thorough - Monitoring checks are executed from several points around the world

Cons
There are no cons, in my opinion. It does exactly what's advertised - and more.

Saransh Kataria

Uptime monitoring with performance metrics that more people should know about

Reviewed 2020-01-22

Uptime monitoring is simple by nature which could lead a lot of individuals to think the choice doesn't really matter. Uptime maintains the simplicity you would expect (even in its branding) but allows a lot of complex problem-solving under the hood. This balance of easy-of-use and powerful extensibility is exactly what my team was looking for. I'm glad we stumbled across this product.

Pros
A myriad of available notification options. This helps ensure that alerts are seen right away. We push alerts to user's phones, through our internal messaging software, and to kiosk monitors in the offices. Threat detection was an unexpected plus as well. Alerts can come from multiple locations around the globe so it can help discover regionally isolated incidents as well.

Cons
The concept of team management and user permission management is still evolving and not quite as robust as I would prefer.

Response from Uptime.com

Hello Saransh, thank you for your feedback. As a user-centric organization, we take user requests very seriously. Our support team would love to hear about user permission improvements you may have. Feel free to contact our support team at support@uptime.com

Alan Wilder

Uptime is great

Reviewed 2020-04-09

excellent, stream-lined

Pros
It has really saved me when my app melted down. I knew right away thanks to the text messages I got.

Cons
I have not found any downsides with using this software. Works as intended.

Deon Wilken

Zero African Footprint

Reviewed 2020-05-05

Loved the product. Just wish it offered a full global presence. I can recommend it if your service is not hosted on the African continent but if you not, find something else.

Pros
I love all of it and this product would stay my first choice if it had a footprint in Africa.

Cons
We get false downtime notifications whenever there are issues with the undersea cables linking Africa to the rest of the world. This complicates monitoring SaaS and leaves the product useless for SLA and OLA calculations.

Response from Uptime.com

Greetings Deon,

We believe the faults attributed to your poor monitoring experience are with another monitoring provider. We have maintained a probe server in Johannesburg for some time, and are continually expanding the number of locations we cover.

Are you certain that your experience was with Uptime.com?

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Raymund Dalugdugan

SMS Credit notifications

Reviewed 2020-03-10

Your technical support is doing a good job, listening to our issue and finding a solution for us.

Pros
Sending SMS messages and alerting us if any of our services are down.

Cons
On your subscription plans, it's a big difference (big jump) base on price from Business $64/mo to Enterprise $240/mo.

Franz Maruna

Works great!

Reviewed 2018-10-17

Great experience. Wonderful service, powerful tool, good people.

Pros
Lots of configurable controls. Simple to use interface that's both attractive and functional. Gets the job done right.

Cons
It'd be nice to be able to more easily see which specific server a down report comes from. Sometimes there's just general internet network issues and I don't care if some server in Peru can't ping the site.

Response from Uptime.com

Thank you for reviewing our service! Appreciate the kind words. We indicate location when sending and displaying alerts.

If you need assistance on this we are happy to help! Feel free to email us at support@uptime.com.

Paul Zwagerman

Keep it UP! Informs within minutes if there is an error

Reviewed 2019-09-18

Love it, it monitors really great, the emails send never end up in my spambox and the sms service is reasonable quick, nice for monitoring during the night, just a quick sms on your smartwatch :-)

Pros
This service is amazing, you can define keywords on the monitoring to actually see if your website is up and is showing the proper content instead of an error, also I like the SSL check, it warns you when you are about to renew, superb!

Cons
Sorry, nothing to complain, you need to pay for shorter checks, in case you would like to check every minute, instead of 5 minutes, but its cheap, sorry, its not a con...

Thomas Delenda

Excellent and simple software

Reviewed 2018-11-06

Really great tool on the whole, all websites should use a tool to monitor the uptime and Uptime does the job perfectly!

Pros
Very easy setup. Notifications by SMS + email: perfect.

Cons
Default SMS notifications could be more optimized: you get an SMS for each monitored page that is down. It's possible however to fine tune this, but I haven't taken time to do it, set up could be a bit more guided to do it more easily (but honestly I haven't tried so hard since it's not so much a big deal).

Damian Mendoza

Uptime Monitoring Review

Reviewed 2019-11-02

gave us great insight into a problem we were having with web servers going up and down

Pros
Simple to implement, easy to use to monitor our 80 web servers

Cons
I can't think of any cons to the software

Ariel Estulin

Truly useful app

Reviewed 2019-01-21

Pros
Keep me in the know when something goes down so I can investigate any issues with my web host or server.

Cons
not much to dislike, it works just like advertised.

Dale Schroeder

Fast way to get an external watch on our system.

Reviewed 2018-08-31

Pros
It was simple to setup. They have all the documentation need to open up just what you need to access your system to monitor. It a great that it is free to start with so you can see if it will work for your company.

Cons
It only keeps 30 days record of that your system has done. Until you buy the pay version it only checks every 5 minutes. Other than that I love the product.

Anonymous

Most complete website monitoring solution

Reviewed 2019-03-06

We use Uptime to provide real-time monitoring information to our users. We're able to quickly identify and address issues on our platform, leading to increased customer satisfaction.

Pros
Email and SMS alerts in order to be notified as soon as one of our web services goes down. This is very useful for us as we're able to identify and resolve issues very quickly. Being able to personalize the look and feel of our website monitoring system is also very important for us.

Cons
Quite expensive pricing and lack of dedicated plan for early-stage startups. Also the documentation for the REST API could be improved, with exemples over what's possible with Uptime.

Hector Felix

Quick and Effective

Reviewed 2018-04-09

Pros
I like how quick you are able to see results for any web page. We constantly use this to monitor the status or do a quick check for our site.

Cons
Nothing. It is a great free tool that at the very least provides, at a glance, when there might be something not right.

Quentin Stoeckel

Easy to setup, one of the most valuable tools for our businesses

Reviewed 2018-10-26

Quickly go back on your toes, and don't expect your users to contact you when your service goes dark!

Pros
It's really easy to setup: in a blink, you can ensure that all your services are up and running - and if not, you'll be able to react in a second and fix things. It became one of the most valuable tools for our services.

Cons
At first, I was a tiny bit reluctant about the pricing. Think twice. Does peace of mine really have a price?

Wendee McFalls

My review

Reviewed 2018-10-29

Before we started using Uptime we had no idea when our website was down - not a good thing.

Pros
I like the email notifications. When I am off or at home I am notified when something is not working!

Cons
There is really nothing I do not like about the software.

Brandon Zell

Feature rich uptime and RUM

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-04-22

Uptime has a great uptime checking service along with the less common realtime user monitoring (RUM) service. The service could definitely use some polishing, but for the cost, it's really fantastic. There was a problem I ran into where reports couldn't be exported to CSV if you defined a date range. Initially support was great, until they stopped responding. It took months for the issue to be addressed. At one point I left a review on their Facebook page because they had become completely unresponsive. They immediately replied and I was back in touch with support... until they stopped replying again. But in the end it got fixed, and there's nothing else I've had to contact support for!

Pros
- Uptime checking with a decently fast interval between checks. - Simple RUM reporting!

Cons
- Doesn't seem that RUM is being improved or developed in anyway. - Support can take a while to resolve a bug.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Debasish Panda

Does what it says

Reviewed 2018-10-19

Good experience so far.

Pros
It does not have a gazillion options, does not let you nuke a small African nation from its control panel, it does best what it should, constantly monitor & notify me when my sites go down, thats it.

Cons
Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Response from Uptime.com

Thank you for the review! Glad to hear you are satisfied with our service.

Jared Keith

Great Product for Uptime monitoring

Reviewed 2018-11-05

Easy to configure, easy to test and validate outages. Great product that will instantly provide value to your company.

Pros
The array of checks available. The reporting. The RUM checks. The Support. The integrations. The API to pull data into custom dashboards.

Cons
Public status pages could be more configurable.

Erik Rohrmann

Uptime helps us Keeping the News Flowing

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-10-03

Pros
The simplicity of the set up and reliable coverage for our websites. If we hit a snag we are alerted immediately so we can keep our clients information moving to their audience.

Cons
No issues to date with the software of support for any questions we may have about our network.

James Burke

Server issues - find out when!

Reviewed 2020-04-29

It's helped us track exactly when regular downtimes were occurring, and allowed the IS team to trace the issue with a lot more accuracy to target what was occurring during those times - making the process of finding a solution a lot quicker

Pros
We encountered significant server issues with our websites, and unfortunately our admins are based overseas, so the issues happened when they were asleep. We were able to generate reports for them to show the times that issues would continue to occur

Cons
For the lowest pricing level, it doesn't seem to offer much more than other free tools online will offer

Adam Robinson

Uptime is a simple to implement and thorough from a reporting standpoint.

Reviewed 2018-11-02

Pros
Loved how easy it was to get started. Took me about 60sec to pop my URL's in there and I was up and running.

Cons
There's not much to dislike - it's all very straight forward.

Anonymous

It does what it needs to do, and priced fairly

Reviewed 2019-03-15

Pros
Instant text notifications can't be beaten. Before you start getting the flurry of emails, you know.

Cons
Can't say there's anything the bothers me.

Philippe Haché

Works well and simple to use

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2020-01-13

Pros
It works well and it's pretty straightforward to set up. The API monitoring allows to set up steps to get API credentials and then continue with a typical API use-case. The screens look good and are not confusing to use.

Cons
I wish it had something like a webhook that my backup cron jobs could call to make sure that those are working well as intended.

Jane Gilpatric

False downtime notifications, but easy to use

Reviewed 2018-05-12

Pros
Nice admin interface, easy to use and you can Pause uptime monitors, select different locations to monitor from, and get email notifications if a site goes down.

Cons
It's great when it works but I've seen a lot of false notifications come in for websites I monitor and Unreliable: I'll check the site while it's "down" and it's fine, so I'm not sure it's actually working properly. I monitored 10 sites for about 7 or 8 months and always got tons of downtime notifications that weren't true.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Great value for money

Reviewed 2018-10-26

I'm happy and looking forward to hearing the release of new features :D

Pros
As we are a small business we need just a basic monitor and Uptime gives us a flexible plan that adjusts to our needs. :D

Cons
I would like to use some more flexible javascript in some of my checkers

Response from Uptime.com

Thank you for reviewing Uptime.com! We would be happy to take into consideration your suggestion for more flexible javascript. If you could please email support@uptime.com with more details on your request, we will be take look at developing.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10