CaseFox Reviews

Web-based legal billing software for lawyers, CPAs, & more

Review Summary

Pros

Overall, a good and affordable solution for legal services billing. Easy to use and produces many useful reports including reports that can be imported into Quick books.

Julie L.

Pros: Great customer service, great price for online billing software which is a plus for a small firm, great that you can access your time and billing from a browser.

Mandy L.

My overall experience with CaseFox has been great, it filled a gap in my practice software needs perfectly and now makes me look 100x more professional when dealing with complex cases.

Tom K.

Cons

If I had to pick something, I would say that sometimes I can get lost in the different tabs of where to go.

Stephen S.

Interface is bit complex and difficult to understand. Its difficult to search for any features unless you go through the documentation and explore every feature of software.

Muhammad T.

We have twenty two consultants located around the US and Europe. We had been preparing invoices on our own spreadsheet system and missing a lot of hours.

Jim C.

4.7

Works well and easy to use

Pros

I like that CaseFox contains all of the features I would need for basic case management in their free offering. This really gives you plenty of time to ensure it is the right fit for your practice before committing to the higher tiers.

Cons

Unfortunately CaseFox is undergoing a redesign, whilst this does not have a major effect if you stick to one version and use it there can be problems when changing to the new version as it doesn't have all of the same features as the old one and reformats some of the reports.

Best online software for case management, time entries, biling and accounting

Accounting, especially trust accounting, batch invoicing, entering time - I wasn't going to use a software for case management but now that I've been using CaseFox and it is so easy and accurate I am going to keep using it for case management, tasks, calendaring, etc.

Pros

It is sooo easy to use, very intuitive, has every feature you would want, set-up is a breeze, no demo even required, no sales people to talk to trying to sell you on it, extremely affordable, links to google, outlook, quickbooks and more. I just love it! I tried trial versions of a ton of other programs and was quickly frustrated. Not with CaseFox. I am surprised more people aren't using it, but I'm sure they will be soon.

Cons

A "desktop" or hybrid desktop version would be cool.

Happy Client

Excellent

Pros

It seems to do everything we need. Customer Support is top notch. Quick, reliable, and very responsive if an issue or question arrises. Casefox team is always improving the product.

Cons

I would like to be able to rearrange the user interface a bit. That might not be possible or it could be cost prohibitive. It works fine the way it is, but you asked.

What the heck happened?

Awesome until December 31, now miserable.

Pros

Nothing. I am writing the rest of this to fulfill the minimum text requirement.

Cons

The interface changed and its completely unusable, clunky, unworthy, and confusing. If I could fire Casefox today, I would, but you have all my data, so I I can't.

Nothing has changed. We have two user interfaces running in parallel and the new one provides better performance and many new features have been added. Basic layout is the same. Not sure what the issue here. There is a switch to switch to either one of the interfaces. We work hard to provide a feature rich and much affordable software and last several years we have had almost 100% up time and excellent...

Amazing, cost-effective case management and billing software

We have tried out literally 4-5 different practice management software solutions over the years, and we have finally found one that is simple, straightforward, and cost-effective. We love it.

Pros

User-friendly, intuitive, easy to fix mistakes...and, of course, the price.

Cons

Occasional bugs and glitches, which aren't a big deal because I've always been able to find a work-around.

Good Software for Solos

This keeps us much more organized, and being able to access it from pretty much any computer is great. I have not tried this with a phone. While customer support may be overseas, it has ALWAYS been prompt and gotten the issue resolved. They even upon request, at no charge, created an ability for me to get my time sheets auto-uploaded into a State appointed case log required to get paid, which saves us from manually typing entries.

Pros

Before using this software, we were manually typing billing entries and billing took two days on average. This software is not perfect and not for everyone, but we practice mostly family law and criminal defense and it has been excellent at the basics. I use the old format - I saw the new and instantly switched back, so I cannot write as to new features. I was given this product's name from another attorney - for the price point I think it is hard to beat. If you want an automator, etc. you may want to look elsewhere.

Cons

There seems to be some issues with Safari browser as to the timekeeper itself. I use mostly PCs, so this is rarely an issue, but it seemed to stop tracking if the computer would go to sleep (ex: while on a call).

Way better than the ones I have used

Pros

I practice intellectual property and love all of the customization that Casefox provides. I have used leading industry products and used to get frustrated with how few features relate to IP. Casefox offers the ability to customize the invoices, billing codes, the case information and offers great bang for buck. Once I figured out how the invoices can be set up so that payments are reflected on my trust and operating account, bookkeeping got even better.

Cons

While Casefox does offer the option of selecting a more modern looking interface, the look of the default interface which seemed somewhat messy and old has grown on me over time.

product review

We are very happy with the product

Pros

We have used software far more expensive for case management, which did not have the ease of use and functionality of Casefox. The support is excellent when we have had a problem

Cons

The improvement I would like to see are more tutorials on youtube in regards to the advance features of the software

Affordable and Easy to use

Professional, easy to use, easy to train, app on phone so I don’t miss billing

Pros

I Was very intimidated by all of the software out there and I needed some thing that was gonna be easy to use for all employees. There’s even an app on my phone that makes it even easier to use if I’m out and about or at the courthouse. Love this product

Cons

Billing took some practice and having to write off some amounts because clients don’t pay, appears as income

Excellent Product

Pros

I use CaseFox every day. It has revolutionized the way I manage my practice's billing and accounting as well as utilized daily to remind me of tasks on my to-do list. Allows me to track time spent on a particular project with ease.

Cons

The only change I would request is that, when two people are sharing the costs of my work, I would like ot be able to re-allocate expenses to just one person at times.

Awesome software for home businesses

I have been using Casefox for approximately 3 years now. I have had no major issues with the software that wasn't fixable by Casefox immediately. The price is more than reasonable for all the flexibility you get in this software. It tracks everything. I also love the capabilities of making the invoices my own and tracking my own file numbers plus entering all trust funds right into Casefox. It...

Pros

The functionality of the software and I can access it anywhere at any time with a wifi connection. I am also able to format the things that I need; file numbers, backdating, and especially being able to track with my calendar is great.

Cons

I wish you could upload all of my emails and documents to casefox to keep all files together; I have to have a separate drive for that (Google Drive), it isn't making me leave the software but it would be helpful if your software could have downloadable capabilities of all file types; pdf especially. I would like to able to open the client's file and all the documentation that is associated with that client. I would also like the capability to streamline the Invoice fields to the names of what I know. For example Government #: we don't have a government number except for hst/gst and that has to be at the end of the invoice anyway. But I would love to change the field to Court Location.

Good work

Timekeeping a breeze. Invoice prints should be a breeze but the formatting isn't customisable enough for me.

Pros

Free version just as capable as paid, so moving up to the paid version was an easy choice. Thanks guys. Easy decision over my competitors!

Cons

It's a little clunky, the UI/UX needs work, I don't understand the new interface at all so have stuck with classic, integration with Google Drive could be better so I don't use that aspect. More or less, this is used this for purely timekeeping but if the other features were more user-friendly, I'd tend to use them more.

EASY AND EFFICIENT WAY TO KEEP TRACK OF ATTORNEY BILLING

Pros

CAN ACCESS FROM ANYWHERE-EASILY ABLE TO IMPORT DOCUMENTS TO THE INVOICE-EASY TO TRANSFER TO CLIENTS. GOOD VALUE FOR THE PRICE SUPPORT IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE

Cons

WOULD LIKE AN AUTOMATIC BACK UP TO THE CLOUD

Thank you for your candid review. We really appreciate hearing both pros and cons and we consistently make improvements based on feedbacks we receive from our esteemed customers. BTW, if a dropbox or box account is linked to your CaseFox account, daily/monthly backups are automatically and transparently stored in your own cloud storage account.

Works well and doesn't require a lot of attention

Pros

Allows submission of LEDES format invoices. Works well for recording time and generating invoices. Easy to add and remove users and have different rates for different clients and matters.

Cons

Wish the invoices could be customized. Sometimes the Word output invoices require some formatting work before finalized.

We have used CaseFox for over 3 years. It improved greatly in that time. Easy to use.

Easy way to keep track of time and bill our clients.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to set up. Customer support very responsive. If something does not work the way we want it to, we contact them, and they make it happen.

Cons

Does not automatically generate reminder bills in matters with no recent activity. The available reports do not provide all of the information I want it and I do not have the skill to customize the reports.

Excellent service at a great price!

When I first started out as a solo practitioner, CaseFox was a huge help in quickly and easily tracking my time, billing my clients and managing my accounts.

Pros

The time tracking & billing features are seamless and very intuitive to use.

Cons

It would be nice if the ledger "learned" what certain recurring payments I input are, so that they are categorized properly in the future.

Easy to Use and Implement

Ease of use and price of software made the decision to switch to CaseFox easy.

Pros

This was incredibly easy to switch over to. It is also very easy to use.

Cons

It could use more robust reporting. Also, it did not flow well with Quickbooks.

Excellent billing software

overall casefox is very good and easy to use billing software.we can try it in free plan.

Pros

casefox is easy to use and good billing software.we not need to install and setup casefox software on our system because its maintain on cloud so we and client and access casefox software on any platform.casefox can manage all client billing rates ,document, and phone calls.casefox integrate with some famous tools like google drive, dropbox , office 365 and paypal.

Cons

sometimes its difficult to transfer billing entry from one case to another.casefox user interface design can be more beatiful.

A great way to make money

We have a small tax consulting firm. I had been tracking chargeable time on a spreadsheet, and summarizing on the monthly invoices. This software has made thousands of dollars for us in capturing consultant time.

Pros

It tracks time and charges perfectly.

CaseFox

Pros

It is easy to use. I like all the features from setting up a client/matter, timekeeping, invoices, ledger, historical billings.

Cons

I can't think of any issues I have with the software.

Its a good product.

It has made things easy for me, although I m not a lawyer but I have learned it very soon.

Pros

Casefox is easy to use and is user friendly.

Cons

The case category reporting should be developed further.

Great product for the price with necessary features.

I have been relatively happy with CaseFox.

Pros

CaseFox is inexpensive and easy to use.

Cons

It lack many features that are available in other products.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT

Pros

I have been a user for many years. Wonderful support. Does everything.

Cons

Would love to have an automatic back up to the cloud------Is it comming ?

Easy to navigate and comprehend

Pros

I really enjoy how easy it is to navigate around the pages and how easy it is to understand what things are. If you aren't sure what something is, there is always the icon that helps explain the feature. I love this software.

Cons

At this time, I don't have any cons. It's all pretty great.

Amazing product and value

Super functional yet incredibly simple. Support is amazing and quick with responses. Developer is incredibly open to adding new functionality.

Pros

Simplicity of use even though it contains the functionality of much more complex and expensive packages. The price is perfect for the solo and small firm practice

Cons

Nothing