CaseFox Reviews

4.62/5 (60 reviews)

Pros
  • Love that I can access anywhere and we get daily backups. Only thing I wish was better was ability to track my time.Christina P.Read the full review
  • In addition Casefox has an outstanding support which has always solved our needs and problems in a timely and effective way.Esteban E.Read the full review
  • Customer service is excellent they respond very quickly and are very open to suggestions on ways to improve the software.Ryan S.Read the full review
Cons
  • Interface is bit complex and difficult to understand. Its difficult to search for any features unless you go through the documentation and explore every feature of software.Muhammad T.Read the full review
  • We have twenty two consultants located around the US and Europe. We had been preparing invoices on our own spreadsheet system and missing a lot of hours.Jim C.Read the full review
  • This makes it difficult for me to use the software for invoicing as I cannot present reports or invoices in English in my country.Mateus M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Peter Vlautin

EXCELLENT PRODUCT

Reviewed 2019-02-20

Pros
I have been a user for many years. Wonderful support. Does everything.

Cons
Would love to have an automatic back up to the cloud------Is it comming ?

Jill Forcier

Awesome software for home businesses

Reviewed 2017-03-22

I have been using Casefox for approximately 3 years now. I have had no major issues with the software that wasn't fixable by Casefox immediately. The price is more than reasonable for all the flexibility you get in this software. It tracks everything. I also love the capabilities of making the invoices my own and tracking my own file numbers plus entering all trust funds right into Casefox. It helps me with my daily run of my business in the legal field and I highly recommend this software to any small business. The best part is going on vacation and having the ability to login from any wifi free establishment with ease. Thank you Casefox for making my business run smoothly. Your Customer Support is awesome and very kind. They have always been able to help me and it's not because your software has malfunctioned; if I have a question on how to do something within Casefox and do not understand the help tutorial; you are there to assist. I appreciate that!

Pros
The functionality of the software and I can access it anywhere at any time with a wifi connection. I am also able to format the things that I need; file numbers, backdating, and especially being able to track with my calendar is great.

Cons
I wish you could upload all of my emails and documents to casefox to keep all files together; I have to have a separate drive for that (Google Drive), it isn't making me leave the software but it would be helpful if your software could have downloadable capabilities of all file types; pdf especially. I would like to able to open the client's file and all the documentation that is associated with that client. I would also like the capability to streamline the Invoice fields to the names of what I know. For example Government #: we don't have a government number except for hst/gst and that has to be at the end of the invoice anyway. But I would love to change the field to Court Location.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

MARGARET SEDY

Best online software for case management, time entries, biling and accounting

Reviewed 2019-07-12

Accounting, especially trust accounting, batch invoicing, entering time - I wasn't going to use a software for case management but now that I've been using CaseFox and it is so easy and accurate I am going to keep using it for case management, tasks, calendaring, etc.

Pros
It is sooo easy to use, very intuitive, has every feature you would want, set-up is a breeze, no demo even required, no sales people to talk to trying to sell you on it, extremely affordable, links to google, outlook, quickbooks and more. I just love it! I tried trial versions of a ton of other programs and was quickly frustrated. Not with CaseFox. I am surprised more people aren't using it, but I'm sure they will be soon.

Cons
A "desktop" or hybrid desktop version would be cool.

Walter Luers

What the heck happened?

Reviewed 2019-01-02

Awesome until December 31, now miserable.

Pros
Nothing. I am writing the rest of this to fulfill the minimum text requirement.

Cons
The interface changed and its completely unusable, clunky, unworthy, and confusing. If I could fire Casefox today, I would, but you have all my data, so I I can't.

Response from CaseFox

Nothing has changed. We have two user interfaces running in parallel and the new one provides better performance and many new features have been added. Basic layout is the same. Not sure what the issue here. There is a switch to switch to either one of the interfaces. We work hard to provide a feature rich and much affordable software and last several years we have had almost 100% up time and excellent customer service. This review is uncalled for because no issue has been described. Perhaps the user accidentally switched to the new interface and got startled. And instead of asking us, started posting negative reviews on social media and here. It would have taken just a few seconds to ask us how to switch back to the old interface if the switch to classic button were not easily visible in the upper right corner.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Peter Vlautin

EASY AND EFFICIENT WAY TO KEEP TRACK OF ATTORNEY BILLING

Reviewed 2018-01-18

Pros
CAN ACCESS FROM ANYWHERE-EASILY ABLE TO IMPORT DOCUMENTS TO THE INVOICE-EASY TO TRANSFER TO CLIENTS. GOOD VALUE FOR THE PRICE SUPPORT IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE

Cons
WOULD LIKE AN AUTOMATIC BACK UP TO THE CLOUD

Response from CaseFox

Thank you for your candid review. We really appreciate hearing both pros and cons and we consistently make improvements based on feedbacks we receive from our esteemed customers. BTW, if a dropbox or box account is linked to your CaseFox account, daily/monthly backups are automatically and transparently stored in your own cloud storage account.

Joe Jacobsonf

We have used CaseFox for over 3 years. It improved greatly in that time. Easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-02-07

Easy way to keep track of time and bill our clients.

Pros
Easy to use. Easy to set up. Customer support very responsive. If something does not work the way we want it to, we contact them, and they make it happen.

Cons
Does not automatically generate reminder bills in matters with no recent activity. The available reports do not provide all of the information I want it and I do not have the skill to customize the reports.

Nathan Shoff

Excellent service at a great price!

Reviewed 2016-07-24

When I first started out as a solo practitioner, CaseFox was a huge help in quickly and easily tracking my time, billing my clients and managing my accounts.

Pros
The time tracking & billing features are seamless and very intuitive to use.

Cons
It would be nice if the ledger "learned" what certain recurring payments I input are, so that they are categorized properly in the future.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

Excellent billing software

Reviewed 2018-09-28

overall casefox is very good and easy to use billing software.we can try it in free plan.

Pros
casefox is easy to use and good billing software.we not need to install and setup casefox software on our system because its maintain on cloud so we and client and access casefox software on any platform.casefox can manage all client billing rates ,document, and phone calls.casefox integrate with some famous tools like google drive, dropbox , office 365 and paypal.

Cons
sometimes its difficult to transfer billing entry from one case to another.casefox user interface design can be more beatiful.

Jim Casimir

A great way to make money

Reviewed 2016-08-24

We have a small tax consulting firm. I had been tracking chargeable time on a spreadsheet, and summarizing on the monthly invoices. This software has made thousands of dollars for us in capturing consultant time.

Pros
It tracks time and charges perfectly.

Allison Schoeman

Excellent

Reviewed 2019-04-30

Pros
I absolutely love the versatility of this program and the fact that i can now monitor my staff's productivity throughout the day. These reports can be used for performance reviews.

Cons
I have only just started using this product so we are still finding our way around it. so far i cannot find anything that i dont like

Eric Crescimano

Amazing product and value

Reviewed 2016-09-14

Super functional yet incredibly simple. Support is amazing and quick with responses. Developer is incredibly open to adding new functionality.

Pros
Simplicity of use even though it contains the functionality of much more complex and expensive packages. The price is perfect for the solo and small firm practice

Cons
Nothing

Juan Bravo

Multiple Practice Professional Review

Reviewed 2016-06-16

So far I like the fact that this product can be used across multiple industries. I would honestly say that it's a software that I can highly see in the future having multiple lawyers use it.

Pros
That it has an Apple and Android compability software.

Cons
That I'm unable to use it as Quickbooks to see how much income is left after working on a particular case.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Mateus Mosse

I love CaseFox, but I wanted it in Portuguese

Reviewed 2017-01-01

I am trying to fully use CaseFox for my firm. The only problem I am having is that this brilliant software is no translated into the Portuguese language, my county's language. I have translated the invoice text, but these settings apply only to simple PDF invoice format which is not good to be presented to clients. Simple PDF is the just very bad format.

Pros
Just a very good software.

Cons
No language options. No Portuguese language. This makes it difficult for me to use the software for invoicing as I cannot present reports or invoices in English in my country

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Ryan Schwank

Does almost everything, and did it well.

Reviewed 2015-09-22

I first started using Casefox when they were relatively new to the market, and although I've experimented with other programs none have the range of functionality of Casefox at a similar price point. the integration with Google Drive has been very critical to my business because I work remotely travel across multiple countries for my practice. my only complaint has been the lack of a mobile device interface however that was resolved earlier this year when Kispiox released their android app which is probably the best laid out and thought out legal services that I've used. Customer service is excellent they respond very quickly and are very open to suggestions on ways to improve the software. In fact, one of my very first experiences with their customer support was calling in to ask if it was possible to create a user role that offered limited access to case files But which had the power to injure phone calls memos and other billing line information for me. They responded by adding the requested user role in less than 48 hours from my request.

Stephen St

This is a great timekeeping software that is easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-06-29

Pros
I like that it is online, and that my co-counsel in other states can simply log in and enter their time on my cases.

Cons
If I had to pick something, I would say that sometimes I can get lost in the different tabs of where to go.

Anonymous

Very Good Option for Start-up Law Firm

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-04-04

I would rate my experience fairly positively. Again, it is a great option for a start-up firm because of the pricing and flexibility. But once your firm grows up, you may want to find a more stable and more professional billing program.

Pros
We did many head-to-head price/functionality comparisons when my partners and I launched our law firm. Casefox's pricing and functionality could not be beat by anyone. We ended up using Casefox for the first 15 months of our practice as we continued to expand our team and our client base. Casefox allowed us to structure billing options the way we wanted, and it easily tracked payments made from our trust account, etc.

Cons
Three things: there are typos, the bills looked rather unprofessional, and it often glitches! You can tell that it is created and managed by an offshore team because of the English typos. We eventually switched from Casefox to Leanlaw because Leanlaw had a more professional billing system and easily linked to Quickbooks (our accounting software).

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Jeffrey Fink

Outstanding customer support!

Reviewed 2017-01-11

I am a solo practitioner. My corporate clients are now requiring LEDES formatted bills. My existing billing program did not have LEDES format. For the same price I was paying, Casefox provides the formatting I need, plus provides far greater functionality. My greatest praise is for its Customer Support. It responded immediately to my email inquiries, even offering to speak with me by phone and it diligently worked swiftly to help me transfer my unbilled time slips into Casefox. I have only just begun to use Casefox, but expect it to meet and surpass my needs. Based on my experience so far, I highly recommend it.

Pros
Full functionality. Easy to use.

Cons
None so far.

Suzanne Hurley

CaseFox is GREAT!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-02-20

But I was extremely grateful to be able to get help from the CaseFox employees who answered the phone and exhibited great patience in helping me learn.

Pros
It provides a small firm the opportunity to have access to a powerful and sophisticated software that would otherwise not be accessible. I can operate my small law firm and keep my books straight using CaseFox as well as print professional invoices. I love it.

Cons
At first, I did not understand how powerful it was and I may have made some entries that were incorrect.

Julie Lopiccolo

Good Affordable Billing System

Reviewed 2015-09-22

Overall, a good and affordable solution for legal services billing. Easy to use and produces many useful reports including reports that can be imported into Quick books. Things we would change: the bills update in real time, so if you want to know what you actually sent to a client, you need to keep a hard copy. Also, you cannot search by bill number, which is frustrating.

Response from CaseFox.com

Thank you for your feedback. Invoices can be searched by numbers on the Dashboard. Also, more preferred way is to simply go to the matter where you will see all invoices right upfront. When an invoice is edited, yes the invoice is updated in real time. Keeping old copies of invoices would unnecessarily complicate the user interface and cause confusion and will be prone to mistakes as a user may actually send a wrong version of invoice to client.

Kristine Eckley

So helpful!

Reviewed 2017-12-05

Streamlined time/expense entries, accounting info, etc.

Pros
We are a small firm but I asked a ton of questions and the support team was always there, going above and beyond what I ever expected. Switching software can be a nightmare but they definitely are there to help keep things in order. Highly recommend!

Cons
For our firm the use of cases/clients can be confusing but I can see how it would be helpful for other firm types.

Christina Pitchford

Great product, very intuative and staff is always ready to help!

Reviewed 2015-09-22

Great software, they always help when we need it, and have actually modified our program for us. Way better than software we used that was 3 times the price. Love that I can access anywhere and we get daily backups. Only thing I wish was better was ability to track my time. I want to see a calendar that has just my time. So I can see a breakdown of what I billed each day on a large calendar. I can search a specific amount of time (like a week of time or 9 days of time - whatever date range I put in) and it will tell me the amount I billed and I can click on each day and it can list what I billed each day.

Response from CaseFox.com

Thank you for your feedback. We will try to follow your suggestions. We can easily set your account so that you see your entries only in your Calendar view.

Muhammad Tasleem Qadri

Most comprehensive software for legal practitioners and law firms to manage their business

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-07-03

Its a comprehansive crm amd billing software for Law firms

Pros
Great tools for time keeping and invoicing. Batch invoicing is a great time saving feature to manage invoices in a short time. Multiple online payment options for getting payments from clients Google calendar syn and other software like outlook and ical are value added feature

Cons

Response from CaseFox

Thank you for your review. We are going to launch a new interface soon.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jim Casimir

This is the greatest improvement to the operation of our practice the last five years.

Reviewed 2015-10-12

We have twenty two consultants located around the US and Europe. We had been preparing invoices on our own spreadsheet system and missing a lot of hours. The system is so easy to access that today I am confident that all time charges are made. Invoice preparation is really simple and the product is professional and beautiful. Raj was most helpful in modifying our application since we are not a law firm. We are a tax resolution company with special needs and nomenclature. He was very responsive and the result is totally satisfactory. When I read similar evaluations of products like this I didn't always believe them. This is real. My email address is Jim.Casimir@CasimirConsulting.com Write me if I can be of any help to you.

George Hampton

Just what we needed

Reviewed 2016-01-11

When my partner and I started our law firm 10 years ago there were only a couple of options for time and billing software so we chose the one that spent the most on advertising to small firms. We thought we would never change. Since then, we evaluated various practice management programs, but nothing seem to fit our practice. Each program tired to do either too much or was too basic for our needs. Scalability was also a big factor. Casefox fits our needs perfectly. Although all of us at the firm found Casefox to be intuitive, the customer service is outstanding whenever one of us had a problem. Personally I cant wait until the release of the iOS App.

Response from CaseFox.com

iOS app has been submitted to Apple. Should be live next week. Thank you.

Christopher Hancock

So Far So Good

Reviewed 2017-01-26

So Far So Good, except how they make you write a review in order to continue, either way it does a great job!

Pros
It does everything

Cons
It asks you to write a review

Response from CaseFox

Thank you for a review. We sometimes ask our users to write candid reviews about our service and product so we know how we are doing, but this is not a requirement to continue to use our product. In any case, we appreciate your review.