Feedly

Cloud-based news aggregation application with mobile support

Feedly Reviews

4.9

Pros

I've had a very good experience using Feedly and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to be on top of what is happening for whatever their business is.

KS

Kim S.

Almost perfect and rarely do I use perfect to describe software tools.

Is impressive how easy to organize the different categories in the app is.

SP

Shaun P.

If you were trying to find where to be informed and up to date in all topics, stop looking.

Great feature set but needs competition

Transcript

Justin S.: Hi, I'm Justin DevOps engineer, and I give Feedly four out of five stars. formore reviews...

Per restare sempre aggiornati sulle ultime news

Feedly è un eccellente Feed Reader, che offre un’esperienza davvero molto piacevole, sia da desktop che tramite App.

Pros

Quello che preferisco di Feedly è la possibilità di organizzare il feed a mio piacimento, dividendo le fonti in cartelle tematiche e inserendo manualmente i siti che intendo seguire. Infatti, inserendo la url di un blog o un magazine che ci interessa, ti viene mostrato il feed e la possibilità di seguirlo, aggiungendo eventualmente in una cartella dedicata. Volendo, puoi creare degli alerts, inserendo keyword specifiche che ti interessa monitorare.

Cons

Per quelle che sono le mie esigenze, non ho individuato veri limiti o difetti.

My favorite news feed

Feedly has integrated itself into my morning wake-up routine. I have tried to find alternative services to see what is out there, but I find myself never temp to change.

Pros

Feedly has made it easy for me to find and manage my news feeds. I have used several different methods over the years but this is the one service that I've never felt the need to look for another. It's easy to use, customizable, and generally just works.

Cons

It has periodically had issues with suddenly showing old entries for a bunch of feeds or other annoying issues. But has overall been quite stable. I have seen some services that claim to display articles based on what you read. While these services have not been nearly as useful as Feedly, this is a feature that I think could be useful.

Great feature set but needs competition

Feedly is in a unique position to capitalize on its unique feature set, but unless more serious competitors enter this space, I expect prices to remain high.

Pros

Feedly is the only product I could find that offers the features that most "lightweight" RSS readers lack: the ability to process feeds using machine learning and the ability to have team-wide sets of RSS feeds.

Cons

Feedly has the concept of an "organization" and a "team," but an organization can only have a single team. It would be much more effective if we could have multiple teams under the same organization. Feedly is expensive; it could use some competition to help drive prices down.

Niche Marketing Newsfeed

I am using Feedly to get my weekly dose of marketing specific and hospitality specific topics and trends. I like that I can add my own sources as well apart from the big magazine names. SUrprisingly its recommendation tool is also very helpful and it knows what exactly I am interested in topic wise.

Pros

- bookmarking - a loooot to read - can import from other feedlly competitors - synch with mobile app

Cons

- limits....sometimes I read more than my limits...but that's just me

Remember the days of RSS readers?

A lot of time is saved finding the content you need to share. Even keeping up to speed on your industry or skills is easy-peasy.

Pros

Well, this is a lot like that, only quite a bit better. Feedly is a critical tool for any marketing team that needs to find good quality content to share. Feedly even has the ability to make it a collaborative process. Bookmark, share, schedule, and save your favourite sources by theme.

Cons

Sometimes apps have arbitrary pay-points, and in some ways, Feedly feels this way. Lots of value in both free and paid plans though

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate taking the time to give us positive feedback! Happy reading :)

Feedly Handles the Fire Hose of Info

I'm happy with the service and upgraded to the paid version which includes Leo. It works well with pulling in RSS feeds, Twitter feeds, and newsletters. It's nice to have the info come into a central place than having to go to so many other sources.

Pros

It nicely pulls in the sources I want to follow and provides an easy way for me to scan and determine what I should read. I also like that with the paid version you can pull in newsletters via a feedly email address.

Cons

There is a cap on the number of newsletters you can pull in. And I wish it were easier to ignore certain items such as ones with foreign languages.

Feedly saved my life when Google Reader shut down

Overall, Feedly has been a solid feed reader for me for many years. The features available in the free version are plenty for me.

Pros

Feedly is a sleek and simple feed reader. It was there when I needed it most, when Google Reader shut down. It had a simple import tool to import all of my feeds.

Cons

I feel that there are a number of features that should be available for free, but are only available in the paid version. All I need is in the free version.

Feedly A Good Social Media Posting Source

My overall experience with Feedly has been good. I have used it as a content source for over 3 years.

Pros

I use Feedly for most of my social media posts. It creates enough different feeds where I can find content for most pages that I promote.

Cons

There are some days where the feeds have limited content for the pages I need to post for. I end up not posting on that day.

Excellent Product!

My overall experience with Feedly is one that is very positive.

Pros

Feedly is a wonderful tool that helps us in our daily business and work for non-profits. We've never had any problems using it.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any negatives to say about using Feedly in our program on a daily basis.

Feedly Save a lot of Time daily.

Pros

I love this program because I have it set up for information that I share every day, and I don't have to go searching for the info. It's a time saver.

Cons

I have only been using this program a short time, to date I have not found any dislikes about using Feedly.

A better way to read the internet after Google Reader

Awesome and i never had any problem using it, the free plan are awesome the paid plan are more awesome, the only downside is the search feature are only available on premium plan.

Pros

- Feedly are a very good alternative RSS reader after Google Reader discontinue - fast & many layout design for reading the content (compact, magazine etc) - the free plan offer an OK function - Black themes - Image thumbnail are pre-chaced, so i can see images from a website that blocked in my country. - recommendation feature on similar content are super-super awesome

Cons

- no search function for free user - sometimes i overwhelmed with how much rss website i subscribe. - ads are in the middle of the rss feed, the same design with content, very very sneaky way to get a high click rate, but i dont blame them as it is a free version.

Feedly saves me time!

Overall, Feedly is a huge time saving tool for me as a time poor Salesperson. I can achieve in 20mins what what usually take hours of scaaning the web for information. I highly recommend Feedly.

Pros

My primary use for Feedly is for keeping up to date with my Clients in the media which is critical to my role. Feedly allows me to aggregate all the media alerts of my clients into a single, easy to digest, platform. I can then spend 10-20 minutes each morning reading the lastest news and alerts about my clients and take that knowledge into my days meetings and interactions. It enables me to be alot more informed.

Cons

At the beginning I found it slightlty confusing to set up and differentiate my news list. However quickly learnt the process and was on my way.

Feedly Review

I use this tool throughout the day to save and access all of my RSS feeds.

Pros

Feedly is an amazing RSS feed tool that I have used for years. I used to manually subscribe to RSS feeds over the web. Feedly allows me to search and select the sites that I would like to receive RSS updates for and get them all in one central and searchable place.

Cons

Once in a while I have some issues with trying to save feeds into a saved section. This has only happened a couple times in several years, but it was a bit frustrating.

absolute best RSS reader

almost perfect and rarely do I use perfect to describe software tools!

Pros

so many content floating around the web nowadays, using a RSS is a must to curate the top content from trusted news source, and feedly does just that, also Leo the AI component does the job real well

Cons

so far nil, though it did has a small learning curve which i consider normal for SaaS anyway

All news in one!

Pros

I am in a profession that requires me to keep on top of what's happening every day. Feedly really gave me a solution for that. Now I don't have to scramble to open a million tabs to be on top of my news. It also tells me which are the stories that are popular so if I'm running short on time, I can always focus on those instead.

Cons

I like everything about it so far! It fulfills my needs well.

Excellent RSS App and Content Aggregator

Liking it so far. Switched to the pro plan about half a year ago, and no complaints so far.

Pros

its easy to use, well priced , works on all my devices and has a friendly user interface

Cons

I wish it integrated directly with scoop.it which is my curation software of choice.

I pretty much stopped using social media after using it

Besides socializing, social media helped me to connect with entertainment outlets that I love. It was good because mostly all of them update their social media accounts daily, but the experience is plagued with other unimportant stuff. Feedly really helped me to dive into a pure discovery journey of articles and posts I love, without having to see ads, videos, and awful rants. Is nice that you can customize the experience to separate your feeds by interest (culture, science, entertainment, etc)

Pros

Easy to use, friendly, can customize feeds to your liking

Cons

Some of the articles are not displayed in full within Feedly (you need to visit their website)

My daily routine allows me for a lot of "free" time. I wake up early, I prepare my morning coffee, and scroll through everything that I miss from the last day on my social networks. But is difficult to keep track of time, and minutes can become hours just scrolling. I have been trying to have more healthy habits, and I downloaded this app to curate my feed and start reading about uplifting/inspiring things in the morning.

Pros

Is impressive how easy to organize the different categories in the app is.

Cons

I don't think that I can say that I don't like anything about the app.

Feedly is my best reader

Pros

Generally, Feedly is perfectly ideal for quick reading of subscriptions. Each category of subscriptions or posts of one blog for you is a mini-magazine that you can read fluently both at the counter in the store or meticulously, at home on the couch. All the management of Feedly - it's comfortable and simple strokes on the screen.

Cons

I do not quite understand why the connection of Feedly with the free IFTTT costs money. Perhaps there are other ways of monetization.

Hi Nataliia, thanks for reviewing our product! Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have questions about our integrations, we'd be happy to help!

Trying to use my phone for more productive things

I only use my phone for social networking. My phone is also a work tool, so those are the only things that my phone is used for. Given the pandemic, I have been trying to do things outside my comfort zone and given a colleague recommendation, I started using the app. It seems that I only needed a good app to be interested in reading on my phone. I also don't read many books, so this is quite a jump from not reading anything, to read a little more during the day.

Pros

Is easy to use, which is encouraging because I don't read on my phone at all, this is a first.

Cons

The interface looks good, but is not as intuitive

Start the day reading, instead of using social networks!

To be honest, apps are kind of a headache for me. I have a smartphone, but I limit my use to texting and calls (old fashioned, I guess). But I also like to read, and this app was a recommendation, apparently, even a not sot techy person like me can use it, and it is true. It was easier than I thought, and it didn't make me feel dumb with complicated menus or settings, I will try to use it as much as possible.

Pros

User friendly, even for non-tech-savvy persons

Cons

Non whatsoever, works as smooth as I can ask for.

Amazing app if you like to read on your phone

Normally I commute 1 hour daily, and mostly I play games using my phone, or I tend to also scroll through all the social networks I use, but I have never thought of reading on my phone until I discovered this app. Is quite convenient, and I can create as many categories as I want.

Pros

The articles are easy to browse, the app has a night mode setting

Cons

Not at the moment, the app has not disappointed until now

This reviewer only left a rating

Cons

Thanks for your positive feedback, Paul! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you with :)

This reviewer only left a rating