Meltwater Logo

Meltwater

Monitor, analyse & engage online conversations in real-time.

Meltwater Reviews

User ratings

4.0

• Likelihood to recommend7.59/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

My team benefits from saving time while searching for media coverage and Meltwater has great reporting analytics to show each client the amazing weekly progress.

SC

Shantel C.

In a small team it's really important to be able to utilise time effectively and this is a great tool to achieve that and cost effective too.

JB

Jo B.

The customer support is usually very fast and any issues always get resolved. The platform and staff are very reliable and useful.

KW

Kathy W.

Avoid this company at all costs. They have unethical and deceptive business practices.

DC

David C.

The customer service and their business practices are just unethical and deceptive.

DC

David C.

BJ

Bertrand J.

Meltwater users...

How would you rate Meltwater?

Robust Social Media Monitoring at a Price

Transcript

Linda R.: My name is Linda. I'm a director of digital communications in the higher education industry,...

All you need for monitoring mentions

Marketing awareness of brand and products by way of the social publishing tool

Pros

I'm happy with that how a tool like Sysomos can be so amazing! It is great at monitoring media mentions and pull data from everywhere. There are many sub-tools of Sysomos which are helpful in finding the relevant search results of the quiries you're looking for.

Cons

You need to work further to build the right search queries so to gather only high-quality and relevant results from searches.

Meltwater Review

It's been great. The customer service and walkthrough they provided was great customer service.

Pros

It's a one-size-fits-all for running social channels. The ability to schedule, check analytics and build lists is unmatched.

Cons

There's not much not to like. I do wish that meltwater app and meltwater engaged were within the same platform for ease of use.

Hi Michael, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We will pass your feedback along to the team.

Meltwater Review

Overall, this was a great platform to use to better realize a fully encompassing social strategy: Social Media management, increased responsiveness, better reporting, and the previously mentioned social listening!

Pros

The social listening component of this management platform is top notch, as it allowed for us to search out mentions of our company (good or bad) on social without having been specifically tagged. That's great!

Cons

Frankly, the cost was a little on the higher-end for organizations that do not have a lot of extra budget for social media management and analytics.

Terrible for Analytics

I don't see how any analyst tested this tool. Doesn't include what I consider basic functionality. Requires multiple unnecessary steps to analyze data.

Pros

Customer Service is responsive. Tool is very affordable.

Cons

Social Analytics are awful. Problems include: • Data Exports – Have to email data exports through individual chart widgets. • Separate steps for creating queries and building dashboards with visuals. • Have to create separate searches for News and Social separately – Duplicates work. • Charts – Don’t have basic number labels, aren't usable. • Can't download basic volume trend. • Volume and Sentiment numbers do not match.

Excellent customer service

As an independent contractor, I am not familiar with the overall experience for Corcoran GL. I do know that the analytics are very good.

Pros

As a free lance writer, I am not an employee of Corcoran Global Living and was not involved in the purchase, cost analysis or review of the software. However, from the very beginning, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and staff have been available and pro-active to ensure a smooth operation. My skills are more literary and less technological (very much so), so I appreciate the help and the patience.

Cons

I haven't encountered any dislikes. So far, so good.

Elaine, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

To avoid !

Very bad. If the sales department is very good at making you choose their solution, the rest is much less ..... I have no confidence in the data in their database, I must each time check that the data is still good. In addition, by reading the T & Cs, they have no obligation of result or reliability: "Meltwater provides the Site" as is "without any express or implied warranties or conditions of any kind. Meltwater does not warrant the uninterrupted, safe or error-free operation of the Site. Meltwater makes no representations or warranties. as to the accuracy, timeliness, quality, completeness, relevance or reliability of the information or data appearing on the Site or to which the Site provides access. "

Pros

Initially, the strong point should have been to strengthen the quality of the distribution of our press releases.

Cons

Journalists database partly obsolete (at least a good third after having consulted a good number of files). Data displayed as updated 3 months ago has not been good for several years. A support service that hides behind sanitized excuses to justify this obsolescence of data.

This review was translated from French. Read original review

Access to great data

Pros

one of the most comprehensive listening platforms. what i love is that i can see all of the data and get unlimited data runs. Analytics its catching up with the competition, but still has some way to go. a lot of filer options are now available

Cons

Sentiment analysis is not good, but the option to manually override the tag is helpful. they should have used sysomos's algorithm. lacks any demographics data within the main tool. you need to subscribe to a partner portal to get insights (which is somewhat worth it)

Nice platform, not worth the money for my uses

Nice company, cares about their customers- but they have no true success garuntees.

Pros

It was fairly easy to use. I had a few training very light sessions and was able to figure out the rest after that. Also, the account managers are very personable and smart.

Cons

There is no guarantee that their database of writers will pick up your story, no matter how granular you get with your target list. I tried posting multiple articles that were about community service and one writer replied that they "might" look into it further. Even with AM's help, I wasn't able to hook a writer.

Not the Best PR Tracking System Out There

Our experience with Meltwater was just okay. We ended up switching to Signal AI due to the machine learning that they were able to do to make sure the PR results we were seeing were accurate and up-to-date.

Pros

Meltwater has a clean dashboard/homepage and a pretty good customer service team, but there were more cons than there were pros in my experience with the software.

Cons

A lot of the times our saved searches for PR tracking would bring in irrelevant publication results that we couldn't use as actual results. When it came to using the service as a contact database, a lot of the contact information we'd come across was out of date. They have potential as a service, but for our needs they aren't the best option.

Easy and fast to track down journalists, pitch them, and increase the possibility of media coverage

MW delivers better functionality than Cision and also allows me to work faster and more effectively

Pros

MW is quick and simple to figure out, and if there's a glitch, their chat feature can address your issue within minutes!

Cons

It would be great if I'd be able to organize and divide long lists of results for targeted journalist searches into shorter sub lists.

Expensive tool made for big corporations but not for start-ups

Pros

Not a lot to say. Overall we very disappointed by the too.l

Cons

Poor quality of the journalist user base. Lots of bounces when we write emails. Also abusive legal close to renew your contract with a 3 months notice period for a simple SAS and the sales person comes to you sending the invoice for the next period 2,5months before it ends. Finally, a customer service/success which is very pushy to always subscribe to very pricy solution and taking a yourself a lot of time with un-needed presentations. As a start-up manager of more than 20 employees, I was very disappointed by Meltwater services.

Solid, easy to use and no real issues.

Pros

I used the Search function of Sysomos for sourcing influencers for digital marketing campaigns. I really enjoyed using this tool, I found it very user-friendly and never encountered any issues nor bugs when using it. It works mostly on the boolean search function and you can also do social listening, map out influencers, and search by keywords/phrases in a user's Twitter bio. I found the tool super accurate and never encountered any issues using it. There's a lot more you can do with this tool but this is mainly what I used it for.

Cons

I have no real cons for this tool. Just brush up on your boolean stuff!

Media Platform

It was a good platform for tracking data and finding new resources

Pros

A complex platform with the abilities to showcase great insight for communications and media professionals

Cons

A lot of features and functions, sometimes not so intuitive or easy to use. Not much mobile functionality either.

Great software

It's a great software that allows us to track our mentions across the media. It's helpful in reporting.

Pros

The interface is easy to navigate around making the customer experience enjoyable.

Cons

There aren't many cons bar the cost for the little time it gets used.

Sysomos is great- if you have a lot of time for training

We used Sysomos Heartbeat for social listening and lead gen. It was useful but also difficult to learn.

Pros

I liked the customized dashboards and reports for media clips and the way you could sync with social media. I used this for a real estate company and was able to follow conversations about moving to the area and ping people with the real estate company info. It was very helpful for lead gen.

Cons

There are almost too many features. I found the customer support great but also necessary because the product could feel clunky and there is a lot to figure out. Steep learning curve for sure.

Great for general media audits

Pros

I like that you can go up to 2 years back to get news stories

Cons

The social listening component is a little lacking, I would only recommend this for news stories/media stats

Affordable, but terrible customer service and sales overpromises/underlivers

Once I signed my contract, it took several weeks to even get a login. The payment terms I had negotiated were also thrown out the window. I like the idea of Meltwater, but I don't like the dishonesty and disorganization of the company nor do I like being deceived - maybe this is why it's so cheap.

Pros

Meltwater does the bare minimum of what you need it to do for media monitoring and reporting. The price is pretty low so in budget.

Cons

Sales and customer service are not high quality

I'm a beginner

I am releasing an important press release this week and our rep at Meltwater helped me learn how to create a media list and set up a newswire release.

Pros

I am impressed so far with Meltwater. It seems there are a lot of capabilities and I think it will really help with my PR efforts.

Cons

There are so many functionalities that it can be a little hard to create a media list, there are a lot of options. However, our rep helped me!

Excellent Twitter social media hashtag tracking tool

Pros

Sysomos is a great tool for understanding the reach of your social media hashtags. It also measures engagement, which not all other tools do.

Cons

Excellent with Twitter, but not much access to other social media sites, such as Facebook, or blogs.

Freemium - Likealyzer

Pros

I used the freemium likealyzer for social media. It was really helpful to analyze my client social media data and their competitor too.

Cons

The only cons is that there is some maintenance in the site for 3 days now.

Valuable in the Right Hands

Pros

Meltwater has a veritable boatload of functionality that allows media professionals to track coverage, pull reports, and boost PR presence.

Cons

The only downside here is the learning curve. There's a vast amount of functions, but they can be difficult to remember. Ample training is needed to get a full grasp, but once that's compelte it's a really valuable tool.

Still trying to figure it out.

I have to think that my issues with Meltwater are user error because I have heard good things about it, which is why we pay for it in the first place.

Pros

The ability to export data to share with clients is fantastic.

Cons

Meltwater almost never "finds" all the news articles it should be locating. I find myself googling things and having to "add articles" to my lists every time I write a report.

Easy to search

Pros

I use this for news updates without our organization. Searching is easy across multiple mediums.

Cons

I haven’t delved deep enough to find much I don’t like. There was some difficulty in sending newsletters with formatting and link capabilities but we are in the process of figuring that out.

This reviewer only left a rating