All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Moz Pro Reviews

Pros

Moz is also incredibly affordable compared to more enterprise solutions. Their training and support team is wonderful and they offer tons of great FREE resources on SEO training, best practices, etc.

Meisha B.

Read the full review
High quality educational content. This content is way more than helpful at helping you better understand how to be better at ranking.

Adrianna B.

Read the full review
I found it useful mostly for the purposes of keyword research and competitor intelligence. The user interface was good, modern, and pretty easy to navigate which was nice.

Read the full review

Cons

Sometimes there can be a frustrating lack of data on keyword search volumes in the UK.

Chris S.

Read the full review
The interfaces can be a bit confusing and hard to get back to a page you were on.

Read the full review
It's also slightly disappointing that some of the reports are not available until a week or more after you load up the keywords.

Moz Local is a MUST for any small business owner

I've had a great experience with Moz Local over the past 4 years. Nothing negative to say, their syndication and reporting and noting of duplicates is great and a must have for any small business owner.

Pros

This is insanely easy to setup and use and the reporting and information it provides a small business owner is great. I work with clients that range from 200+ locations down to 1 location and this software is perfect for small business owners. The reporting is quick and easy and clients love being able to login and see most everything in 2-3 clicks.

Cons

I wish they could automate some of their process for bigger clients, but the reason they are so cost friendly is because you have to do "some" manual work to clean up duplicates.

Hey Joshua! Thanks for the stellar review. We're happy to know you enjoy Moz Local and find it easy to set up and use!

A great high-level SEO platform for Marketing Executives

For over a year I have run side-by-side comparisons of both SEM and Moz. I have run reports on my clients' websites, used the platform for new-business purposes, and have used Moz extensively for keyword research. On all these fronts Moz excelled. I would happily recommend it to any CMO/Marketing Director-level person who's trying to build a strategy. But if you're a small agency trying to figure out which subscription to keep, it might be SEM Rush only for the ability to drill down deeper. I personally didn't enjoy using SEM Rush compared to Moz. Moz gave me information with a minimal of annoyance. Moz is built for the big picture. Between SEM Rush and Moz? Moz will make you feel like a genious.

Pros

Moz has a really lovely and user-friendly interface that makes it easy for me to pull great-looking reports for clients and for myself. Moz natively generates just the right amount of detail -- not too much or too little -- to make it a great selling tool for Account Directors or in-house Marketing Directors. And it's intuitive enough that you can step away from it for a month or two and go back in and find everything you need in just a few minutes. That said, this platform also offers up lots of detail. I've definitely done some deep-dive keyword research using Moz alongside SEM Rush and been very pleased with what Mox came back with.

Cons

The complaint I would make against Moz is the same one I would make against SEM Rush: These are tools that seem to be made for IT/web developers more than marketing directors. It's hard to get a CMO-level report out of either of them. That said, I would definitely say Moz is more "client-friendly." Honestly, SEM Rush and Moz excel at different things, and they're both expensive. If push comes to shove, you may choose SEM Rush for its breadth of data, but then berate yourself for losing the user-friendliness of Moz.

Thanks for the great review Amy, that was very insightful. It's great to know that you really enjoy using the tools and find so much value in them.

Good Value for the Cost

Moz is easy to use and has been great for allowing our in-house content team to quickly perform simple keyword research.

Pros

Moz Pro has a more intuitive & user-friendly interface than other SEO tools and is a great option for an in-house team of mid-level SEOs - people who aren't necessarily looking to dive deeply into the super nitty-gritty stuff.

Cons

The estimated keyword volumes seem to be much lower than those reported by the other tools we use. The number of ranking keywords also seems to be less than what other tools report for many URLs.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tool with basic features

Pros

I've tried various SEO-related tools, as part of my work as a content marketing practitioner. Moz can be integrated into the browser as an extension, which makes it easy to use on-demand. I particularly use it to expose 'no-follow' links on Web pages. This is very helpful when considering the application of backlinks via publishing on sites that enable content syndication. The 'free' MozBar will meet the basic needs of most novice or experienced digital marketers, but the 'paid' version offers many more features.

Cons

The tool sometime needs to use browser features that may be turned-off by default - such as 3rd party cookies in the Chrome browser. The user interface is okay for many users, but will require some investment in time.

Critical to my marketing agency

The website explorer feature alone is worth the price of the software, but it also provides keyword research, backlink information, ranking reports, and more. Great software.

Pros

Moz Pro gives you insights into websites that you can't get from other products or Google Analytics. The backlink functionality is one of a kind.

Cons

There are limitations on the number of actions you can perform based upon the tier of service that you choose, and to my knowledge there is no way to buy additional functionality ala carte, which would be nice.

Hi Scott! Thanks so much for your review! We've made a few changes to our Moz Pro plans to allow for the release of Add-ons. Add-ons allow Moz Pro customers to add more of what they need when they need it, without having to change their entire Base Plan to get it. More information on Add-ons can be found here: https://moz.com/help/your-account/manage-subscriptions/purchasing-add-ons

My Favorite SEO Tool

Our company is a digital marketing company so we utilize a lot of the available SEO tools and Moz is one of the favorites among my team.

Pros

There are a lot of features offered and data is provided very quickly. You can easily set up and store different campaigns and a lot of insights available.

Cons

Not a lot of customization in the reporting. There are also a lot of error messages that occur when utilizing the different features of the site.

Moz is a good tool, but it's not quite 'great' due to a few problems

While Mozpro is something i'd really like to like as a Seattle native, but it's not something i actually used in practice even with my company provided license. I use their training and webinars but not the tool as Semrush and Ahrefs is superior

Pros

Moz has just about everything you could need to run a SEO business or just do SEO for your own website. With good support articles, help section, and support they know what they're doing and want your site to succeed.

Cons

Moz, in my own experience compared to other software, consistently gave different results for things like rank and volume. This was terrible when i was using multiple services at once to double check work. The other issue is the design layout is not easy to use nor intuitive.

A ranking and reporting tool from the experts in SEO themselves!

Been using Moz website for years in terms of their blogs and reading updates in the SEO world, however only recently have upgraded to Pro for the reporting.

Pros

Customized reports and rankings in one place, easy to generate info on traffic, keyword movements and individual URL rankings for any website/project. The interface is modern and colored to help differentiate between data sets and as an SEO company, having the powerful Moz brand behind your reporting doesn't hurt! I really like the "featured snippets" integration, as most other reporting tools will only show basic rich results.

Cons

Takes a long time to setup, but well worth it in the end as the reporting is comprehensive and seems very accurate when cross checking with SERPs and other tools.

Great SEO tool

It's has been a great tool to research my competitors and find potential keywords to target.

Pros

It allows me to know the domain and page authority of my competitors and lets me see important stats about keywords when I'm researching for new words to target

Cons

The backlink database needs to improve, and it offers less features than other SEO tools in the market

Moz Pro

It's not a bad solution at all. I tried it because of its popularity and I went back to the usual solution I use. Perhaps had I given it more time I would have found more value.

Pros

I was using SEMRush and Moz Pro simultaneously and I believe the user dashboard is a little intimidating but overall it is a great product.

Cons

The dashboard can be a bit complex for a first time user. It's not as intuitive as other competing solutions.

Hi Katlego! Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate it.

Provides solid SEO monitoring but is falling behind competitors.

This system monitors keyword performance, provides several useful SEO metrics, and also makes those metrics available in a browser toolbar. I would say MOZ is easily in the top two SEO tools available.

Pros

MOZ is a solid SEO monitoring tool that we will likely continue to use. It provides keyword tracking but takes it a step further in a couple of ways. The system provides a metric called Search Visibility. This score can either be applied to all of the keywords that are being tracked or just the keywords within a user controlled category. So this helps us understand how the site is performing but also individual product categories. We are also able to see how three competitors compare. The system is junk in, junk out. So if you don't track the right keywords, then you aren't going to get good information. But if used appropriately, you likely won't find a better system for the money.

Cons

As of the Summer of 2017, the company has fallen behind some of its competitors. Not to the point that we are going to make a switch. But we do have smaller subscriptions to their competitors to take advantage of all systems. MOZ has really fallen behind in two ways: Domain Authority and Backlinks. Domain Authority is a metric used to gauge the overall strength of a website. It gets updated semi...

One of a best SEO tool with awesome learning resources

Moz-Pro not only provides you with SEO software but also tools and training platform. It provides guaranteed results that are to be trusted. Its features are also vast and important for the users' needs.

Pros

Moz-Pro is a combination of various SEO tools. It also has free tools which include keyword explore and open site explorer which are available to use for as many times as you can. Its chrome extension called Moz Bar provides you with information about the domain rank or page authority on the search engine results page. In case you subscribe for Moz-Pro, the tools that you will have access to can’t...

Cons

Cons of Moz-Pro. 1. Subscription is needed. Although it has free tools, you need to subscribe so that you can access the other tools that aren’t free. Tools such as campaign crawl test, on page grader and rank tracker can only be accessed by the subscribed users and are not available without subscription. 2. It is very expensive. Moz-Pro user requires much capital when it comes to subscribing to get important tools that aren’t available without subscription. You are also required to pay an extra amount of money if your operations are large since the campaigns or keywords are limited.

No longer an industry leader, but still a solid product

Moz Pro helps us with Local SEO, keyword tracking (for specific locations which is awesome), backlink analysis, reporting, and technical site crawls. I utilize the community Q&A to bounce questions off of other experts as well.

Pros

Having used many SEO softwares and Digital Marketing Suites, my favorite thing about Moz is its approach to data. The team at Moz is meticulous in producing accurate and responsible data within their tool. Domain Authority (along with the MozBar) are incredibly helpful in gauging a site's ability to rank. I love their keyword tracker - it's really easy to use. Since its most recent update, Moz's link explorer is now one of the best and boasts one of the largest link databases in the industry. Last but not least, the Moz community is incredible. The Q&A is great and high quality, really helpful.

Cons

I don't necessarily dislike anything about Moz (I do think the user interface could be better), but in general almost every one of their tools has a superior option out there. SEMRush has far better keyword and topical research tools, Screaming Frog performs a better crawl, Majestic (subjectively) has better link data, and Ahrefs has better reports (in my opinion). I also think since seemingly changing who they do citation management through, their Local SEO tool is not what it should be.

Powerful but flawed

As the person on our team tasked with optimizing our website and content for search, I have gotten a lot of use out of Moz. It's generally a good tool for accomplishing the basics, which for me means doing the day-to-day of SEO-informed content marketing, such as keyword research, campaign tracking, some link-building, etc. I hear that there are some pricier alternatives that work better in specific areas, but as a decently priced option that does everything pretty well, Moz is a good choice. I've gotten great results in boosting our site's performance in my time using it.

Pros

I quite enjoy using Moz most of the time. It does a lot of different tasks quite well, including keyword research, SERPs ranking monitoring, backlink checking, etc. For budding SEOs on teams with the budget, it's a useful tool to get started with. I currently use it daily at work, and I find it works great for my main use for it, being tracking rankings both daily and as part of ongoing campaigns to increase our company's standing in Google search.

Cons

My main gripe with this software is that it seems features are often struggling to work correctly. Rank tracker in particular has been a source of frustration, with the feature just not working at all for weeks. While it's not strictly necessary to monitor the day-by-day ranking fluctuation of pages against specific keywords, it's something that Moz's rank tracker is supposed to enable you to do, so the fact that it doesn't work consistently is quite annoying.

A must-have SEO tool

Pros

Moz includes the most important features you expect from an online SEO tool. Backlink analysis, keyword tracker, domain analysis, onsite and offsite SEO, organic traffic analysis, and competitor analysis (just SEO). That's why I call is a must-have app. I've used many other SEO apps (such as SEMRush) and the majority of them are helpful but only for your research stage. After that, you will end up paying for features that you won't be using that much. Plus, Moz pricing has been same for a few years now.

Cons

There is a section for "insights" to help users understand a few actionable tasks to improve their website SEO score but at this point, Moz's "insights" is premature. Reporting is not a decent feature in Moz. You will find some options for PDF exports but most important charts are not supported and you can only export CSV files and then make similar charts yourself.

MOZ Pro - a powerful tool for SEO

Moz Pro packages the entire software into a beautiful UX/UI with awesome data visualization, which is extremely helpful for me to look through the data without feeling frustrated on 'what am I really looking at?' Moz Chrome Extension is a great tool for getting things like Page Rank and SERP standing, which helps me identify how my competition is doing and prospecting new leads. Would only recommend Moz Pro to the seasoned professional who understands SEO.

Pros

Moz Pro is a comprehensive SEO tool for marketers like myself, and it packs a ton of features like keyword explorer and backlink checker that are an absolute must for crafting any digital marketing strategy. I'm probably in these two tool sets the most, and I love Moz Pro's Keyword explorer more than any other SEO software I've tried. The Keyword explorer helps you find both short and long-tail keywords that are profitable in your desired niche, and helps round out your keyword strategy with lucrative or hidden keywords that you may not have known about before. This helps you craft blog posts and put those keywords you just found through Moz Pro to gain new traffic through organic (or paid) search.

Cons

Moz Pro and (SEO) requires a lot of patience and a bit of knowledge in what SEO, keywords, SERP really is before you get the maximum benefits of Moz Pro. I wouldn't recommend the Pro version to anyone before they try out Moz standard version or at least do a bit of reading in SEO. It took me about a solid 2-3 months of really putting Moz Pro to the test before I understood everything.

MOZ.com = Software created by SEO experts

MOZ.com (formerly SEOMoz.com) provides SEO software, tools and training. What I like most about MOZ is that I trust their results. Additionally, I always look to their thought leadership and training on any topic related to SEO, SEM, PPC, Keyword Research, Local SEO, etc.

Pros

MOZ is feature-rich with multiple modules and the ability to track performance of multiple websites. Products include: -Moz Pro - Search Marketing: -Moz Local - Local Search Marketing -Moz Content - Content Marketing -Followerwonk - Twitter Analytics -Mozscape API

Cons

MOZ, although feature rich, is somewhat expensive for the base package. If you want the other modules like Keyword Research, Backlink Reports, Local SEO, you have to pay extra for each.

My Very First Crawling App, great experience

The first time I started working in digital marketing, I had to use this tool and it was very useful to start learning the fundamentals of web crawling and understand the different common metrics of the digital environment.

Pros

A very friendly design, keyword monthly tracking, extensive competition analysis according to searches. The Chrome extension is very useful for quick views of the pages you browse through. The best thing that it has without a doubt is the extensive guide both of the characteristics of the tool itself, and of the market in which it lives.

Cons

You have to be very specific with the keywords that are added to the projects, because otherwise you get metrics that can be very different from the real ones, for better and for worse. At first it was an accessible tool for medium-sized agencies, but its price increased more than I expected.

From a Local SEO expert

I'm an SEO export and I've been using Yext for about 4 years. We use it for our franchisee clients that don't want to pay for premium services like Yext.

Pros

Price. You can easily sync any updates for your business with Moz Local. The platform is very simple and straight forward. I would recommend this tool for business owners with a small budget.

Cons

Technical issues. I have not the best experience with Moz Local, especially with connecting Moz Local to Google My Business. I would love to see more available directories for sync.

Best Companion to analyze my content

As discussed above, Keyword Explorer is my favorite of all its features. My contents backed with the keywords researched by employing this tool has really helped me rank my page. Furthermore, the suggestions advanced by Moz coupled with SERP analysis serves as a complete package to inspect the performance of my work.

Pros

Moz Pro is not only a software, but also a self-performance examination tool, which has given me some commendable insights into my content. Moreover, its special feature- Keyword Explorer has been working wonders for me. Being a content writer, it helps me stay connected to the identical pertinence and structure, to each content that I draft.

Cons

On a bigger front, I really cannot fish for any cons for Moz Pro. But I would like the concerned authorities to kindly allow the other nations apart from the U.S. to access the database/crawler/metrics.

Useful for Tracking Keyword Progression over Time

I can say it has definitely given me some real data points and structure to monitor keyword improvements on our website. Takes a lot of the guesswork out of SEO, or at least lets you see the results of your guesswork.

Pros

The keyword position monitoring feature is what I like most about Moz. You can select different keywords and then see how they change over time, and how changes you make to your site affect your keyword position. They keyword explorer tool is also good for makes sure you don't get stuck focusing on the same old keywords and neglecting new/different/shifting terms & terminology.

Cons

If you aren't a fully time professional SEO expert, Moz might be a big too much at first. It was a bit daunting and time consuming to get setup, but I think it also depends on how complex your website is and how diverse your product offerings are. I would say that it took me a good 2 or even 3 months to feel totally comfortable using Moz - but I did start getting value on a high level within the first week.

Thanks for the great review, Amy! Exciting to hear you are finding so much value out of the keyword research features. if you need any help, you can reach us at help@moz.com - we're always happy to help.

Moz Pro Doesn't Stand Up Compared to the Competition.

MozPro is definitely a good tool to have in your arsenal, but I'd recommend using this one only as a supplement to the more robust tools out there.

Pros

Keyword ranking and search visibility are key factors, and MozPro's focus on these does it justice. The Chrome extension is also nice - so when I'm perusing competitor sites, I can do quick (virtually instantaneous) research on their sites compared to ours. The weekly crawls and updates are also good insights to see how our SEO is performing.

Cons

It's nice that Moz Pro focuses completely on SEO, but one of its disadvantages is that it doesn't have the full tool suite that its competitors have (like social media analysis and PPC analysis included). In today's world, focusing purely on SEO doesn't cut it anymore - not when everyone else is doing this PLUS other things! The way data is displayed in MozPro is very confusing at the outset - so while the concepts themselves are easy to understand, the data visualization in Moz isn't simple. There's a good learning curve associated with it. Why MozPro displays the same data sets in different ways, I'll never understand! Finally, it is expensive!

Decent Organic Tracking & Tools

Long time (happy) customer. They seem to have nailed the rank tracking and their index is average compared to others like ahrefs. Really shines when it comes to competitor analysis in the organix space. Absolutely essential for organic and content audits. really wish they'd provide more tools though as the organic channel is becoming more and more opaque as Google does too.

Pros

Fantastic rank tracking and competitive analysis reports.

Cons

Clunky, slow, forced design language and expensive.

Useful set of tools

I've used Moz across several roles in the last 4 years and found it to be very useful. My favourite tool from Moz has to be Open Site Explorer, which is great for getting a quick overview of the authority of a website, with data to back this up which mainly comes from backlink profile and social shares. This tools allows me to dig into my backlinks, checking the authority at domain level & page level,...

Pros

Access to Mos's suit of tools to help with the main aspects of online marketing Great for getting a snapshot of website performance Good for identifying new opportunities for links & Keywords OSE is a great tool which provides a snapshot of your link profile with many great features Nice custom reports Access to a number of discounts or exclusive free trials through Moz's 'Perks'

Cons

OSE doesn't discover as many links as some of the other SEO tools that I use

Best SEO tool on the market.

Pros

I've used a lot of SEO tools out there and still am, but the guys at MOZ have a big team that focuses on everything that you need to get your SEO up to par and then beyond. Features a plethora of tools to review your website with weekly rescans to make sure that your website is operating as well as it can. With help of all the tools I managed to get my domain authority from 31 to 59 in about 3 years. Still ways from a 100, but we wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for Moz.

Cons

Over the past 3 years that I've been using it, they've removed some tools that I did use and more tools are soon to be removed once again. In their defense, they do try to provide a substitute but for the steep price that they charge, if they send you an email saying "hey, we just removed this tool from our system, but if you still want it, you can get it for a discounted price of XYZ", no matter what XYZ stands for it feels like it's XYZ too much.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.