Snapchat Logo

1K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.68/10

Reviews by rating

It has helped me to integrate work with fun activities in one space. It has been very helpful and useful for Content Creation.
It is an amazing platform to explore during lockdown. I feel more confortable using snapchat than instagram since I only keep my best friends there.
It’s super easy to quickly catch up with friends through images, which is more lively than texted. The social media is focused on posting images and videos only.
Also because of the disappearing feature, I worry that not the greatest people can send insulting messages to children without their being long-lasting proof that could prove their guilt.
I wanted to completely block the Discover section so that nothing showed up on there that could potentially be inappropriate for her.
The promotional filters are the worst. I cannot stand the filters that come with sound.

1,038 reviews

Paulina G.

Social Media Manager

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Snapchat is fun and easy

Transcript

Paulina: Hey guys, my name is Paulina. I'm a Social Media Manager. I give Snapchat five stars out of...

Glenn S.

Associate Director of Talent Development & Brand

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Great Social Media Platform

Transcript

Glenn S.: Hey, my name is Glen and I am a talent development manager, and I rate Snapchat a four out...

Mahmoud Q.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001-5,000 employees

Document all the moments

Excellent software for posting photos with friends, easy to use and free

Pros

Snapchat is a multiuse application , you can explore the world as a public or even just your friends , you can share all the beautiful moment with you friends and keep it as a wonderful memory , also you can use it for chatting , advertisement . Its always up to date to provide you the best experience , it's suitable for all smart phones and you use it as an offline camera and take advantage on the filters that provided

Cons

The resolution of the pictures that came from snapchat not satisfied for certain people but still better for the more , also the erasing the chat after it viewed or after 24 hrs. from viewing it's consider as a disadvantage for the app

Iram J.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

My snapchat journey

Snapchat is a captivating and vibrant social media platform that offers users a one-of-a-kind and captivating encounter. Since its inception, Snapchat has revolutionized the way individuals connect and exchange moments with their circle of friends and followers. With its diverse array of messaging options, multimedia sharing capabilities, and innovative tools, Snapchat has become the preferred destination for countless individuals across the globe.

Pros

sending notifications when someone taking a screenshot without permission.Privacy, easy tools to use, new lens

Cons

When I talk to the other party and the automatic deletion of messages is activated.. and I find that my messages have also been deleted, also high data usage

Jerad C.

Photography, self-employed

Highs and lows

Was great until I had to deactivate my account due to constantly getting hacked.

Pros

First, it's very easy to set up as a new user and a very easy app to use. The filters are fun and it's exciting when they upload new filters. It's an overall fun way to keep connecting with friends and family.

Cons

The biggest issue I ran into was with security issues. My account got hacked and I had to go through the process of account recovery. I figured that was the end until about a week later and I got notified in my email that there were multiple attempt, yet again, that someone was trying to log into my account. When I opened the app, yet again, I had to do another recovery to regain access. Due to my account constantly getting hacked, I just ended up deactivating my account all together and now I no longer use it for fear of the risk of.my personal data getting breached.

NM

Nesreen M.

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Snapchat app

So interesting and I love it and I use it daily .

Pros

I like everything in Snapchat such as : take photos by filter and sharing streaks with friends .

Cons

Deleted any messages within 24 hours only.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Snapchat for Future

A really friendly-user app most convenient for youth .

Pros

Campaign management , it is very easy to use and it make a good integration with my Targeted goals .

Cons

multi account management , Snapchat primarily focused on personal accounts, and multi-account management for individual users was not a prominent feature.

ac

ayoub c.

Fine Art, 51-200 employees

I love snapchate

It is a very sociable application for me

Pros

The quality of followers and cameras And other nice perks

Cons

Frankly speaking, there are no negatives that it is of high quality

LA

Laxmi A.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

I send snap everyday

Pros

I like the fact that your snaps disappear once seen. I also love making snap streaks.

Cons

At first it was confusing for me to navigate but now i excel.

LK

Lee K.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

One of my favorite social media app

Use this app for more than 7 years, always comes to my mind when I want to check what my friends are doing today.

Pros

Able to connect with someone nearby and even make new friends.

Cons

The user interface makes me a little confused to operate compared to the old interface a few years ago.

TG

Tami G.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Another Advertising Source

Pros

I like the ability to add filters to the images

Cons

I don't like that the messages disappear

TM

Tim M.

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

Great Application

Pros

Easy to use not hard to install either.

Cons

There really is nothing that I can think of that is negative

Shaunak P.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Snapchat, An ultimate app for New-gen millenials!

We were running a paid campaign for a social media company, we developed an AR lens to engage the audience to use this lens with branding and also share on various other social media platforms. It was an awesome experience. Now I maintain streaks with my connections on regular basis.

Pros

I love the concept of Snapchat, It is really unique and no similar app is found in any of the iOS or Android Marketplace. Snapchat is widely used for self-photography as well. Amazing filters make it so addictive that it gained immense popularity. People send disappearing picture messages called snaps in real-time to keep the audience (friends, family, etc.) engaged. AI and AR-based superb filters...

Cons

Snapchat is a fab product, but apart from having so many pros, few cons still exist. Like, creating Bitmoji DP is very tedious and still not very accurate for average looking people, and spotlight view is worst, I am male and my avatar looks like having female features. One more distraction is the bump in notification style, it disables me to view the first snap in the main list. It is really very disturbing. Sometimes after viewing snap we cannot record it. Also, there should be a well-defined gesture to view/open the chat of any person. But still snaping is the best feature to maintain a streak, makes me feel that I'm alive.

KY

Kyle Y.

Motion Pictures and Film, self-employed

The quickest way to send photos through social media

Overall Snapchat is a great social media app to use with friends if you wish to communicate with them through photos and videos. It's simple to use and has a lot of fun features and filters. There are some downsides to the app but looking past those Snapchat is a fun app to use for anyone who has a smartphone.

Pros

Snapchat is a social media app that is used by millions of people worldwide. Its main focus relies on the camera and posting pictures or videos to your story or privately to your friends. Sending a picture through Snapchat is one of the fastest ways to send a photo. It takes barely any effort and can be done in seconds. Same with videos as the functions are essentially the same. You can also edit yourself...

Cons

While Snapchat has a lot of good features, it's been used less and less lately as more people move on to other social media apps such as Instagram and TikTok. Even if this wasn't the case Snapchat does have some downsides to its features. One of these downsides is the chat function where messages will disappear once you exit the chat if you don't manually save them beforehand. Another is that the camera quality on the app is a bit worse as it has to compress the image in order to maintain smooth functionality. The last complaint I have is that the news section covers topics that can be a bit raunchy and unorthodox. While it is interesting to see these being covered, it can be a bit too much sometimes.

Hayat A.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

The fun and creative social media app

Pros

I liked most about Snapchat the following:* **The ephemeral nature of snaps.** I like the fact that snaps disappear after a short period of time. This makes Snapchat a great platform for sharing personal moments and thoughts without worrying about them being saved or shared with others. I also like the fact that snaps can be used to tell stories in a more creative and engaging way than traditional...

Cons

Here are some things I liked least about Snapchat:* **The ephemeral nature of snaps.** I understand why Snapchat makes snaps disappear after a short period of time, but I sometimes wish I could save snaps that I really like. I also think it would be helpful if Snapchat had a way to mark snaps as "important" so that they don't disappear.* **The chat function.** The chat function on Snapchat is a bit...

Ak

Ajay kumar G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

So cool social media app

I am Full Stack Developer and run small business. I thing is the best best app for reach the costumers because they provide lot option for business persons. They provide Post monitoring matrix, Post schedule options, business management page and more. And they maintain very perfect user interfaces and very fast to use. Some time Some bad contents accrue here that is small drawback of the app.

Pros

This best social media for small business because they provide lot of features for post creating and post management. The main reason for using the Snapchat they provide Post Automate polishing and scheduling options. mostly I am not watching post so I can't explain about post view option but the user interface iv well compare to Facebook.

Cons

Mostly I am using for business So, here don't have a drawbacks. Some bad contents accrue here.

SA

Shiraz A.

Computer Software, self-employed

My Experience with Snapchat

I use Snapchat primarily to communicate with friends and family, particularly those who live out of state. I have the impression that it is significantly more private than other social media platforms such as Instagram or Facebook. I also briefly used Snapchat for my blog business. I created a separate account in order to communicate with followers more personally and to demonstrate a more private side of myself. I prefer Instagram for this purpose, but I have friends who are influencers who are extremely successful on Snapchat.

Pros

Nowadays, with everyone becoming involved with a plethora of brands and products, this application helps to keep things positive. Snapchat enables you to share your life experiences and stories with others. There is no better application for promoting your products than this one. Another advantageous feature of this application is the ability to apply filters via GEO-Filters. By doing so, you can ensure that potential clients are aware of your brand. The thing I like the most about this application is when you click some photos on the day you click your photo it will remind you when it passes a year.

Cons

As with any application, there are both positive and negative aspects. That Snapchat encourages bad behaviour, like a large number of users have been caught using Snapchat while driving, resulting in road accidents and taking pictures of meals before eating them. It should be regulated with the assistance of technical experts.

Pharmaceuticals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great Advertising Outreach for Younger Audiences

My overall experience with Snapchat has been quite decent from both a business and personal perspective. The service does pretty much all that it is intended to do, but mostly from the lens of the younger demographic of individuals. I would suggest the service, but would do so with a bit of caution if the product or service intended for advertisement is primarily targeted for middle or older aged individuals.

Pros

What I like most about Snapchat is the simple deployment of whatever material that is desired onto the platform. The material for business use is mostly in the form of advertisement, which works phenomenally, but primarily for those in the younger demographic, as shown by experience. The service is quite popular among a wide range of individuals and attracts more and more as time passes by, thus promoting a great audience for whatever product or service is trying to be promoted. Overall, the service does what it is intended to do, and that is really all that matters as it relates to the bottom line.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the aforementioned somewhat limited audience outreach as it relates to middle aged or older demographic. The service does not really appeal to that array of individuals, so if some sort of campaign can be launched in order to attract that audience, I think it would turn out great for both the software company and their consumers, on all fronts.

PT

Priyanka T.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Uses of Snapchat

I like using Snapchat as I like to play with filters and also maintain my streaks. It has also been one of the main marketing tools for my business. I like how user-friendly and catchy it is and how youths are obsessed with this software. I get to know about my friend's daily life activities without texting them through this platform which has been a great help for me.

Pros

1) It feels more lively to catch up with friends than in other applications because of the image sharing feature. 2) There are so many filters and we can edit pictures and videos instantly which makes it very user-friendly. 3) It is so easy to just take a snap and send it to friends on Snapchat helping to know about their daily life. 4) The software can be used for marketing, advertising, and communication as there is unlimited freedom to share and post snaps.

Cons

1) Stories on Snapchat disappears after 24 hours which makes it harder for people to advertise their content. 2) Sometimes, the snaps that are sent can not be rewatched which is very irritating if I was not able to see if the first time. 3) There can be a danger of our pictures being misused by the other side of users because it does not alarm us if the receiver starts recording a snap.4 4) Even though, it is very popular among youths, it has a comparatively lower audience than other platforms. 4)

Rida N.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

The best app to capture snaps

Snapchat is an incredibly great software that I love using daily. I have a variety of filters so that anyone can choose their type of filter. I have been using it for the past four years, and I find it very entertaining.

Pros

Snapchat also offers us facilities that we can have a free call or a video chat with our friends, and it is free. It is a user-friendly software which anyone can use without taking the training. I can also make streaks with my friends, like sharing some day's highlights with my friends.

Cons

Snapchat is excellent software, and I love using it. I have not found any replacement for this software since the day I introduce this software to me. It could be a little more fascinating by adding more exciting features which entertain the audience explicitly.

JF

Jason F.

Furniture, self-employed

Snapchat Pros and Cons

Overall, my experience with Snapchat has been great. It has saved me numerous of times to not use my regular camera default app to take pictures but to capture moments by using various filters that are amazing.

Pros

Snapchat is a great platform for online communication and interaction. The software is also suitable for marketing, advertising, and promoting. The user has the freedom to post snaps such as videos and pictures. Snapchat provides a wide variety of filters that are able to be placed on both pictures and videos. You are also able to see who watches your content. All pictures and videos can be saved to one’s account. Snapchat is also user-friendly and it is very simple to learn how to use the app.

Cons

The stories that are posted on Snapchat by users can only be displayed for a limited time which is 24 hours. In order to market your business on Snapchat, one has to either repost their content everyday or create new content for each day of the week. When taking a screenshot shot of another person’s story or the messages that are in their inbox, the other user will be notified that a screenshot has been taken. Also the videos and pictures are intended to be viewed only vertically.

Gbenga S.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

From filters to lenses

It is extremely easy to use, and its interface is user-friendly. The app has an intuitive design and guides users through its features. From sending snaps to adding filters and lenses, everything is easy to understand and use. The app has a dedicated support center that provides users with answers to frequently asked questions, which makes troubleshooting problems simple.

Pros

The platform also provides insights into ad performance, which enables businesses to track their return on investment. Moreover, businesses can leverage influencers to promote their products and services by partnering with them. also, its Stories enable users to share a series of images and videos in a chronological order that automatically disappears after 24 hours. This feature is especially helpful for businesses that want to showcase their brand and products creatively. Companies can use stories to engage their audience by sharing exclusive content, highlighting a new product launch, or promoting a sale

Cons

The app could benefit from a better search function for finding specific users or content. Additionally, some may find the privacy settings to be confusing and difficult to manage.

CO

Candace O.

Higher Education, self-employed

Snapchat has been a pioneer in social media and continues to be a trailblazer.

Overall, my experience with Snapchat has been wonderful. I have been able to share incredible moments and everyday events from my life with whomever I wanted, and saved those precious Snaps in Snapchat's "memories" feature. Not only has this allowed me to preserve my memories, but save me on a lot of digital storage. I would recommend Snapchat to just about anyone, as their wide amount of features can appeal to everyone.

Pros

The thing I love the most about Snapchat is that sending photos and videos is the focus and the main point of the app. Text messaging takes forever to send photos, and videos almost never send at its original quality. Snapchat gives creatives as well as everyday people the chance to share their experiences through photo and video rather than a post or a text.

Cons

I've been using Snapchat since 2013, and so I have grown with the app through all of the road bumps and growing pains along the way. (I've been a user since before there was a chat feature, filters, and memories!) If I were to get Snapchat now, I would be overwhelmed by the amount of features and the overall interface. I think it's a lot to digest at once, especially the discover/stories page, and could be simplified a bit.

Saqib S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Snapchat - Connection with People

Overall my experience is that Snapchat is good platform where people can connect to each other which is best part of it.

Pros

Snapchat is reliable application because it does not save anything which are sent or received by anyone. It has one more better part that I can share my story with my friends and colleagues and if someone post a photo on his wall so nobody can copy r download from his story or post. Through Snapchat I am connected to everyone globally and can share my feeling by this application.

Cons

I did not find ever but one thing is that I have ever noticed that children make their account in Snapchat before 18. It should be monitored by Snapchat.

SK

Soun K.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Snapchat is the best growing apps

Let me explain overall, it is not in desktop version, only Android and iPhone users can use this application, they can make photo video and after making it, it disappears on its own.Snapchat is very different from other social media apps, one who can understand Hindi may have to use Snapchat easily. Snapchat is the first downloaded application in a phone of youth.Snapchat is very different from other social media apps, one who can understand Hindi may have to use Snapchat easily. Snapchat is the first downloaded application in a phone of youth.

Pros

Because of how easy it is to connect and talk to people through Snapchat, it's a great app to interact with people from all over the world. i like it very much I use it for fun and it's good for me. Anyway, it's also a great way to help keep your friends and family paired. I remember who likes the most Whose funny filter is this photo with my friends and with their activities It's a lot of fun Feels different

Cons

Snapchat is almost ok, it lightens every photo a bit too much, I didn't like it at all. And it also takes updates very quickly, there is a lot of problem for small phone users.

OK

Ozge K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Old

When I first used it, I was in high school and this program made me happy. Afterwards, I thought that this program was in adolescence and stopped using it. The filters are of course different from each other, but the program no longer appeals to me.

Pros

An ideal platform for the moment with your closest friends. While everyone I don't know is human on Instagram, my formatting snapchat in more sizes accommodates the audience. It is also the one that was thrown without registration. It is also an adequate program for photography and video. I think it stands out with its many filters. It's also a great feature to get a notification when a screenshot is taken.

Cons

I think that this program is now behind the times. It was extremely popular when it first came out and almost everyone was using it. Nowadays, its target audience is more adolescent group. It is not a platform that can be used by people from all walks of life.

Publishing, 51-200 employees

Snapchat - A Great Longtime Photo Sharing Platform

Snapchat is a popular app with the younger generations - though not as popular as it once was. I have found fewer people using Snapchat recently, but it has never wavered from what made it an enticing platform for sharing photos, short videos, or direct messages.

Pros

Snapchat is an easy to learn free social media platform thanks to its simple interface centered around sharing photos or short videos. Photos and videos only last for 24 hours, so nothing has to stick around forever, and you will be notified if anyone takes a screenshot. You can sync your contacts to quickly find and add them as your friends, and you can direct message them. You can create or subscribe to public channels, and snapchat has a snapcode icon that you can easily share to have someone add or subscribe to your account.

Cons

Snapchat uses up a great deal of battery power on all of my phones over the years when active. It is also not possible to switch between two accounts (i.e. a personal account and one for your business) without just logging out of one and logging in to the other each time.