Taboola

Web-based content marketing platform for writers & editors

Taboola Reviews

Content distribution network with some high quality placements

Pros

I believe this tool offers good scale of distribution as it has some large publishing partners within it's network (such as Huffington Post and BusinessInsider). It's been easy to get the content ads up and running and the reports that you get are easy to digest. The interface is well designed and doesn't require much training to use.

Cons

Spam. Along with the good placements there is also a lot of spammy placements, which drives spam referral traffic and can sway your campaign data. However it is possible to filter these out from the report.

A great product depending on where you are located

A good experience and hope to grow together with Taboola.

Pros

We love to be able to target new audiences with Taboola and especially take advantage of its demographic and language targeting.

Cons

Depending on which country you setup the account you can get various levels of support. We prefer the self serve type of accounts.

Review Taboola

I use Taboola to promote my online product store.

Pros

What I liked the most was the possibility of advertising my marketing campaigns to thousands of people in an easier way.

Cons

At the beginning I had a bit of difficulty using it, I needed to look for help on You Tube, but in the end I learned how to do campaigns.

Hard to find a winner, and get approvals, but can work with a lot of testing

Pros

The traffic is super cheap, once you get it up and running. You can just set a bid and you're good to go.

Cons

Super hard to get approvals, even on a clean, compliant lander. Support is slow to respond as well.

Pure Bot Traffic

Disappointing!

Pros

Nothing. Only thing is it may boost SEO by registering visits to your site but that's it!

Cons

I received about 1 real human visitor for every 100 sent according to my recordings. Most bot visitors just sit idle and then after about fifteen seconds the cursor abruptly moves down triggering the pop up and then it's over. You wouldn't think they would send this type of bot traffic according to their professional website and so-called legitimate reviews but they do. I have forwarded the recordings from my heatmap software to my attorney for possible fraud.

Untargeted, worthless traffic

Pros

It's easy to get your new campaign up and running and approved with Taboola. The interface is pretty slick.