Taboola Logo

Taboola

Web-based content marketing platform for writers & editors

Taboola Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.53/10

Reviews by rating

It's easy to get your new campaign up and running and approved with Taboola. The interface is pretty slick.
The billing section is hard to manage, you cannot chose the amount billed.
The UI is not pretty to look at, navigating can be difficult.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

4 years and counting!

Pros

They don't try to dress up the campaign setup or optimization as something it isn't, there's no multiple pages with 4 settings BS - just one page of campaign settings, one page for the ads, and it's very functional. Very easy to check for mistakes. Of course they provide quality traffic, and the price ranges are also quite good.

Cons

Sometimes the servers are overloaded, or we have other issues that cause breaks in our day, but that's fine, we can grab a coffee and do something else for a while. Support can be a bit hard to communicate with, there's usually more back and forth to confirm everything twice, but they are trying to be safe I guess.

RV

Randy V.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Allow Taboola to do ALL of the Heavy Lifting

From the moment we established our account, it has been a Blessing. The Artificial Intelligence (AI) aspect informed us that we would have a better chance of not having our "Ad Copy" truncated on particular Ad Partners if we kept our heading at 60 or below. The AI feature reworded out Headline to an even more powerful message. Our goal is the "Accomplish the Mission" and Taboola is assisting us with our Goal.

Pros

The Ease of Use, The Customer Care Agents, The Affordable Pricing.

Cons

We have not experienced any challenges. We are 100% happy with our decision to utilize all of the robust features of Taboola.

MA

Mohammed Ali K.

Taboolateral

Currently still experimenting and hopeful that Taboola would improve their conversion tracking set up.

Pros

Taboola is a good platform for sourcing transparent traffic for native campaigns/ads

Cons

Conversion tracking is complicated especially while running campaigns for well known advertisers/affiliates. Taboola can simplify conversion tracking similar to 3rd party trackers like Clickflare, etc

RT

Ryan T.

Great Platform for Native Advertising

Overall, we are extremely pleased with how many leads Taboola had provided our client.

Pros

I like the customer service and ability to get started quickly. We were former Yahoo DSP customers, and Taboola treated us like we had been customers for years.

Cons

The reporting features could be improved greatly, taking learnings from other DSPs.

CH

Corinna H.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Valuable partner and innovative platform for performance marketers

Pros

Fast pacing company that keeps a pulse on customer needs to have continous improvement on their product landscape. We highly value this long term partnership that offers us great technology combined with personal connection on key challenges.

Cons

With the large publisher list comes a challenge to filter for the best value options. Facilitating user's options to handle this aspect on his side (without depending on support) and sharing further insights on the publishers KPIs/availability would increase the speed of optimization.

JM

Jos M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Significant success working with Taboola and Maximize Conversions bidding strategy

Pros

We achieved significant success with Taboola by collaborating closely with their product team before launching a new bidding strategy. By implementing the automated approach of Maximize Conversions, we not only saved valuable time and effort but also expanded our reach to previously untapped inventory, showcasing our success in terms of improved efficiency and increased profitability.

Cons

Testing ads can be expensive due to expedited learning on newly uploaded creatives.

GD

Greg D.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Greg's review - 5 stars

Overall it has been great compared to other marketing partners I work with. The account team at Taboola is really great to work with. I cant say enough about that. Additionally, the Yahoo transition has been a huge success for us. yahoo was incredibly difficult to work with, their team was horrible, and their DSP was a hot mess. Now that we can access our Yahoo campaigns in Taboola, our performance has sky rocketed and our lives are much easier.

Pros

Easy to use, with complete transparency. Thats all I have to say about that.

Cons

There are a lot of bugs in the UI. Thats all I have to say about that

SS

Suraj S.

Best Product for Marketing

Pros

site bidding features was best for me. And Yes integration with our business process was smooth with taboola.

Cons

Unlike other platform taboola dont offer option to make ad sets it would be easy to manage campaigns if it has that missing option.

Fabiola S.

Advertising - not so effective

It hasn't brought so many good results, so i recommend it for advertising and awareness but not for selling.

Pros

I really like that it gives us the ease to be present on many websites regardless of the topic. It easy to setup and as you pay per impressions is not that expensive.

Cons

What i don't like is that it does not have so much credibility so people don't click a lot on them

SD

Sungjun D.

Taboola User Comments

Pros

Disclosing the exposed advertising page transparently, The function of targeting and detargeting the exposed advertisement is the best.

Cons

There was a lack of some expected features. 1) I was hoping to check several events, but I can check only one conversion event 2) I can't check the data on the ads or campaigns by day

LN

Lior N.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Schneller und hilfreicher Support

Pros

Der Support war da, als ich ein technisches Problem mit meiner Pixel-Installation hatte. Sie konnten sofort eine Lösung vorschlagen, um meine E-Commerce-Kampagne wieder ordnungsgemäß zum Laufen zu bringen.

Cons

Wir haben mit Taboola großartige Ergebnisse erzielt, allerdings würde ich mir einige Verbesserungen in der Benutzeroberfläche wünschen.

Showing original review in German. See translation

KK

Koren K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Taboola helped me improve my performace

Great experience the platform is easy to use and provide great results.

Pros

I enjoy the websites and the partners of taboola because I receive great results recently from the platform

Cons

I didn't like the fact that we can't choose specific website to target. I know it's difficult but I wouldn't mind to have less impressions and less money spent for less results ( spend limitation )Also in case of a more complex conversion goal other than ty page the platform have a problem to track.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Buena opción

Pros

Usamos Taboola para promocionar nuestro eCommerce. Es una buena herramienta sobretodo para trabajar la parte awarness.

Cons

Quizás para algunos negocios no funciona, viene muy bien para proyectos de marketing viral, para ecommerce hay que trabajar bien la campaña, a nosotros no nos fue posible rentabilizar la campañas, en otras palabras, no logramos generar muchas ventas.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Insurance, 11-50 employees

A great product depending on where you are located

A good experience and hope to grow together with Taboola.

Pros

We love to be able to target new audiences with Taboola and especially take advantage of its demographic and language targeting.

Cons

Depending on which country you setup the account you can get various levels of support. We prefer the self serve type of accounts.

RR

Ricardo R.

Internet, self-employed

Rikroses

I'm still starting and I don't have much information

Pros

Taboola is easy to use and have a great support

Cons

selection of language sites other than the country of origin of the campaign

NB

Nikhil B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Best Experience

Pros

I like the interface where we run the campaigns and ads, I also like the easy way to create campaign n get started with your ads. I like the support team, if I get any queries they solve it perfectly. Overall I like everything about Taboola, but I'm a user with less experience here. As by more experience I'll share more details about other feathers here.

Cons

I want Taboola to increase thr speed of adding funds, for me it takes whole 24hours to add in balance. I hope that will improve soon.

JB

Jay B.

Mediocre experience

Pros

We saw fairly positive traffic thanks to Taboola and it didn't cost as much as most of their competitors.

Cons

We switched to PulsePoint and preferred both the traffic we got AND the user interface.

AT

Andrea T.

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Affordable and gets the job done

I used Taboola to generate website traffic on new articles I wrote and generate a second source of traffic. I liked the very advanced targeting, as well as the retargeting.

Pros

Taboola is for everyone's pocket, based on the goals you want to achieve. The traffic that leads to the website is a second interesting traffic item. Targeting options are multiple. The support is efficient and fast, they answered my emails in half a day.

Cons

The UI is not pretty to look at, navigating can be difficult. A big con is that you cannot appear on a specific website but it depends on the user's experience.

JA

James A.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Pure Bot Traffic

Disappointing!

Pros

Nothing. Only thing is it may boost SEO by registering visits to your site but that's it!

Cons

I received about 1 real human visitor for every 100 sent according to my recordings. Most bot visitors just sit idle and then after about fifteen seconds the cursor abruptly moves down triggering the pop up and then it's over. You wouldn't think they would send this type of bot traffic according to their professional website and so-called legitimate reviews but they do. I have forwarded the recordings from my heatmap software to my attorney for possible fraud.

JS

Jalen S.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

It can just be me...

Overall I believe this is a great opportunity but those who are struggling should be able to chat with an professional and get help

Pros

Starting setup is easy and self efficient.

Cons

It hard getting my revenue. I'm paying more than what I am getting back.

Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

Mind blowing product! You rock!

Awesome! Good job

Pros

It took about a day to get the ads and landing pages approved. Once the algorithms had some time to understand the best placements, our campaigns started bringing in positive ROI.

Cons

The dashboard is pretty easy to use, and will look familiar to anyone who's run campaigns with Meta or Google. But I think there's still room for improvement in the UI in some areas. An account manager reached out and made some suggestions which lowered the CPC, which is always welcome. Overall a positive experience, so far.

FB

Franz B.

Music, self-employed

First contact

Pros

support was very fast and excellent. Thank you.

Cons

was too complicate for me, i´m not expert in internet and IT

GN

Gerson N.

Music, self-employed

Maravilhoso

Pros

Plataforma de anuncio diferente das outras

Cons

Essa pergunta não se encaixa em meu ponto de vista

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

rr

roberto r.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

buono

Pros

l'assistenza abbastanza veloce nelle risposte

Cons

UNA TRADUZIONE non molto accessibile - ciao

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

MR

Mara Rubia S.

Executive Office, 1-10 employees

Review Taboola

I use Taboola to promote my online product store.

Pros

What I liked the most was the possibility of advertising my marketing campaigns to thousands of people in an easier way.

Cons

At the beginning I had a bit of difficulty using it, I needed to look for help on You Tube, but in the end I learned how to do campaigns.