ChurchTrac Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.5/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

IF I have an issue or can't figure something out customer service is very quick to respond and help. Very good company and very useful for what we do.
I have had a great experience over all with ChurchTrac so far. Had to call Support once and he was so helpful.
ChurchTrac has been amazing for us. It has been a real blessing to be able to get started with a free trial period and have so many free resources to help guide us through the setup and utilization.
This feature sames me so much time and anguish.
Only thing that is missing is the recently discontinued payroll functionality.
Not being able to talk to someone right when I have a problem. They are very quick to get back to emails and if a call is needed they will set up a call also.

ChurchTrac users...

Quickbooks Online-logocaret

Quickbooks Online

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise-logocaret

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

How would you rate ChurchTrac?

DS

Dennis S.

Pastor

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Affordable tracking

Transcript

Dennis S.: Hi, I'm Dennis and I am the pastor of our church and we use ChurchTrack Online and I would...

Great Church Management system

Transcript

Deann: Hi, my name is Deann and I'm the office and communications manager. I rate a five for ChurchTrac....

Great Product... will grow with your church - Used at a previous church and just got for new church

Pros

If you are a small church that needs a good online database that doesn't break the bank, this is it. There are numerous features that you can choose what fits your particular ministry and have everything in one area... instead of needing 4-5 different programs to do it all. One of the best things is that you can add more and more names and then simply pay to upgrade to the next level as your church...

Cons

A few of the reporting features are somewhat limited and not able to be as customized as I would like, but this is such a minor issue compared to all the Pros that it's hardly worth mentioning... but it was a required field so I had to come up with something. I did have an issue when I wanted to add more volunteer users, but it was fixed within an hour of opening the ticket due to their AMAZING customer service!

Church Trac after years of use.

Our biggest experience is with the Contributions. It is easy to track contributions and the year-end reports are easy and readable.

Pros

The thing I liked about the software is how easy it was to operate the program. We used a leading accounting package and Church Trac far exceeded our expectations.

Cons

The thing I liked the least is not being able to make changes to the members to cut down on the number of fields that you have to operate through. Some businesses like ours don't really need all of the church information.

Thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review, Steve. We're so glad that you've found ChurchTrac easy to use and even exceeding your expectations. Could you create a feature request support ticket regarding the number of fields? That kind of feedback is much appreciated by our developers. Be blessed!

Admin Assistant

I am not since i have been locked out. i feel information would be helpful, it i could pull it easily and print. I don't like not being able to speak with someone or at lease have them look a my information.

Pros

I can pull and print reports of the information I put in.

Cons

I liked the previous package better -- it was user friendly. This package is not easily walked thru to pull reports and input the information as the previous package. Someone has changed my login and password - there is not a way to speak with anyone for help! The steps provided did not work. I have been locked out all week and now starting another week. I am disgusted!

As it turns out, this customer had a malware infection on her computer that prevented her from accessing her account. Whenever she visited a website, a popup would say that her computer failed a security check, and told her to call a toll free number answered by a person in India. This is a common scam that all internet users should be aware of....if you cannot access websites or accounts that you...

Most affordable and effective Church Management software

Only been using ChurchTrac for 1 month so experience is limited. Great support team and looking forward to extending usage as our needs grow.

Pros

Low Cost for limited income Covers several areas of essential services

Cons

Taking time to get used to the new software.

Thank you for the 5-star review, Gregory. Reach out to us anytime if there's anything you need help with in the future. Be blessed!

Wow! Excellent, incredibly affordable software for the mainline micro-church

Amazing experience so far. ChurchTrac is going to be such a huge help to us as we transition into whatever-is-next for our ministry. It really has been a wonderful thing for me as preacher, administrative assistant, worship planner, and chief bottle-washer to be able to enter info and know where it is and how to access it.

Pros

ChurchTrac is obviously designed to assist larger congregations, but it is incredibly versatile for our small church. We were driven to find a database program by our need for accounting and budgeting software. Even if that was all ChurchTrac provided, it would be worth the cost for our little congregation. But the member management platform, the event and scheduling features, the calendaring options,...

Cons

I wish I could more easily use the Worship Planning tools as a small, mainline church with a traditional hymnal. It's not a big deal, because, as I said elsewhere, we purchased this program for the accounting and budgeting program. But I do sort of wistfully wish I could use it, too. I would like to use some of the communication tools with ChurchTrac without it costing us more. We have 25 average...

Hi April! Thank you soo much for the kind words and the 5-star review. We're so glad that ChurchTrac has helped you and your ministry. We love helping equip churches of ALL sizes. Please schedule a phone call and ask for Wes. He can walk you through how to use the software to plan worship using traditional hymnals. It's actually pretty easy (and will make your life much easier). Talk soon. Be blessed!

Quality of Service

Recording financial transactions and reports make it easy to track.

Pros

The system is easy to use and can be used over multiple computers by different users without buying duplicate software programs.

Cons

I do not like the fact that you have to "create a ticket" to get a reply to issues. I feel like you should have enough technical people to answer questions during business hours.

Thank you for the review, Bernistine. We're glad that you've found ChurchTrac Easy-To-Use! It is true, we do not have a number to call at any time. However, our ticket system is really fast and most receive an answer in less than 1 business hour. It's not a question of us not having enough technical people to answer questions during business hours. We've just found that it's easier (and faster) to use a well-made ticket system and also allow you to schedule a phone call instead. Be blessed!

Best Church Software Out There

I love ChurchTrac and all of its bells and whistles for an affordable price. Its support staff is top-notch and knows what they are doing

Pros

The software is all user-friendly. Not only do they keep it up to date but they add cool workable features without hicking up the price.

Cons

The only Con that I can think of about the software is how they have the pledges set up for individual people. They should be able to be reset/or updated from year to not. Having their giving carry over each year does not give you an accurate account of their pledges.

Thank you for the 5-star review, Dorothy. We're so glad that you've found the software user-friendly and affordable for your ministry. Regarding the pledges, Pledge setup is crucial to its functionality. This is laid out nicely in our user guide here: https://www.churchtrac.com/support/giving/using-pledges If you need any additional help, we're here to help. Blessings!

Free Trial Experience

Pros

The customer support during the trial is better than expected through webinars, videos, guides, and support calls, I am completely impressed. I over-analyze and pay attention to more detail than I need, and your support staff have been extremely patient and informative with every call. I feel like I can pull off selecting software for our church, a task I felt very ill-equipped to do at the beginning of this project. I am taking baby steps with accounting/budget set up and the support staff is holding my hand and checking my work, which gives me confidence in reporting back to our staff regarding the product's fit for our church's needs.

Cons

It does take time to understand for a lay person. I need to set aside time to review the videos and grasp the concepts, but all of the information I need is at my finger tips.

Thanks for the 5-star review, Shelly! We're glad that the software is helping your ministry. As you continue to take those baby steps and learn, we've got lots of videos and guides to help you along the way. Plus you can always communicate with a real person too :-) Be blessed!

Satisfied

The greatest benefit is the affordable price. I have researched several software and personal bookkeepers, but none compares to Churchtrac.

Pros

The ease of setting up the accounting feature has been most impactful for me. I am an elder person and not a computer whiz, so I appreciate the simplicity of the software.

Cons

What I least like at this time is not a software feature. I would prefer to be able to make a direct phone call at the moment that I need help, and not have to wait until the next day or a later time. I have to set problem aside and come back to at scheduled time that is available. This can be inconvenient for me.

Thank you for the 5-star review, Yola. We're so glad that the Accounting feature has helped you. In order to provide amazing (and free) support, we use a ticket system and give users the ability to schedule phone calls. Questions asked via support ticket get a response in 1 biz hour or less. Plus you can schedule a phone call at a time that works for you. Have you checked out our videos and webinars yet? We have well over 100 of them! As always, reach out if you ever need any assistance. We're here to help. Be blessed!

We Love Churchtrac!

Excellent!!!!

Pros

I think the thing that has put Churchtrac ahead of everyone else is that you are constantly improving your product and the ease of using it.

Cons

Really the only thing I can think of is the multitude of applications in this product. It was overwhelming at first, but I honestly don't know what we would do without it. The learning curve has been very easy, and if we have had questions, you ar equick to respond.

We appreciate the 5-star review, Charles. Our developers are very busy implementing all of these awesome ideas given to us by our ministry partners like you. We agree, that there are a LOT of features and it can seem overwhelming at first. We recommend focusing on one feature at a time. You'll be a professional in no time at all Charles. Be blessed!

Church Management software at it's best!

I am a happy Customer and a true advocate. You can keep Customers happy by delivering value or you can make happy Customers. There is a difference! Customers who you need to keep happy are dependent on the company cranking out new features. When they stop seeing value, they become unhappy. I am happy in spite of the fact that every feature doesn't work exactly the way I'd want it to. It would be selfish...

Pros

I looked into accounting software for my church and found ChurchTrac. After testing it for 30 days, I was sold. The accounting features are top notch and are exactly what we need for my congregation. It's intuitive and fun to use!

Cons

There are some features that could be fleshed out a bit but nothing that is truly a CON. :)

Thanks for the 5-star review, Denita. We also detest manual work! We're glad that the software has simplified your work and saved you lots of time. As always, don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever need any help. We're here for you! Be blessed :-)

We Love ChurchTrac

I'm the pastor of a small church and needed help with the administration, accounting and budget work. I obviously wanted to go with a software based option. A "Google" search revealed ChurchTrac and it appeared to be a good price. It was certainly competitively priced. ChurchTrac was been an amazing tool for our church. It provides our church with everything we need and even more. There are a lot of features we hope to use as we grow. Accounting and budgeting related work is easily tracked. At any moment I can report in detail to the congregation on these matters. ChurchTrac is so user-friendly, but they also offer helpful technical support if needed.

Pros

We really love the accounting and budget features in ChurchTrac. I began using ChurchTrac specifically for this function, but soon realized it was also a great way to track people and attendance. It's difficult to say what I like most, but I do love the new Church Connect feature. Basically our church has an app now. Members can login and update their own information. It might seem like a small thing, but I'm excited about the fact that members can login and see their own giving. They can literally download the giving report weI generate for tax purposes. We are loving the new features. Oh, and "bulk emailing" options. We definitely hope to use this function more.

Cons

ChurchTrac continues to improve and evolve so we haven't used every feature yet. Honestly, I really can't think of anything we don't like. Of course, I don't really have much experience with other products for a comparison. The church was using "Churchsoft" before I became the pastor and I found it very difficult to use. ChurchTrac seems so simple and we love it.

Thank you for the 5-star review, Greg! We're glad to hear that the software is helping you and your ministry. As always, feel free to reach out to us for help anytime. Be blessed!

Love this software! Perfect for smaller churches

This program has been a time saver and I actually enjoy working in it throughout the day.

Pros

Integration was very easy. I did a data dump of my old program in ShelbyNext and sent the file to customer service at ChurchTrac and they took care of uploading it into ChurchTrac for me. The ChurchTrac customer service is amazing!! They always respond within minutes of me opening a ticket and make sure they follow through to completion. The software is very easy to use and I love that most of...

Cons

The only thing that I could see needs improvement is the reports. They are very basic and don't really look polished. My biggest problem with the reports is printing a church directory and not really being able to manipulate what information I want to include or not. Most times when I run reports I export it to CSV so I can resort and reformat it to how we like it. I wish I didn't have to do that. But they are adequate.

Thanks for the kind words, Pam. We're always working hard to add great features that are always easy to use. Anytime you need help, we're here for you!

Love using ChurchTrac!

I think being able to email to the entire congregation, enter accounting, giving and child check in, it just makes it the best program and user friendly!

Pros

I really like that everything is in one place. You can track attendance, membership database, accounting, giving, etc. When I started using ChurchTrac it was a desk top program. Not online. But everything transferred over and was even better than before! I have worked for the church almost 6 years and I have ChurchTrac open all day as I am working! We just recently started using the Child Check In and that works fabulous! I have spent countless hours on the phone and thru email with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she is the best tech support and I would highly recommend anyone that is new and is struggling with the program to reach to her!

Cons

I don't there is anything that I don't really like about it. You can create reports for almost anything, you just have to learn how to use the program.

Thank you for the kind words Lisa! We're so glad that ChurchTrac has been such a help to your ministry for so many years. Here's to many more years to come :-)

ChuchTrac Software Review

The support staff at ChurchTrac has been absolutely outstanding. Each time I have had a question or suggestion, they have responded within a very reasonable timeframe. The most recent interface that I had with them had to do with reporting and the potential to add a feature to one of the reports to make the users life a little easier. The initial response was that it had been designed that way for a specific reason. I accepted that but proposed an option be added to be able to run the report to include or exclude certain information that would be beneficial to the user. It was indicated this would be considered. Only time will tell if the suggestion is considered.

Pros

There are two things that make this software standout from other comparable software. The first is "It is economical. You don't have to take out a loan to afford the software. Secondly, the ease of Setup and Use. ChurchTrac is an intuitive software in that it is very user friendly and relatively easy to setup. While we currently do not use several of the features offered in the software, I have looked at them and they are as easy to setup as those that we are currently using. It would take the planning and time to commit to the setup.

Cons

There is not a lot that I don't like about the ChurchTrac software. I have found that the reporting options could be enhanced. That having been said; ChurchTrac is very aware of the reporting options provided and they have provided limited options to control the accuracy of the reporting for novice users who may not be as literate in creating reports.

Thanks for the review, Timothy! We chuckled when we read "You don't have to take out a loan to afford the software." We're always trying to do our best to provide a super great value for our ministry partners, while also having the #1 best support available. Keep the ideas flowing to us. Many of the features in ChurchTrac come from the great ideas of people just like you! Talk soon.

New improvements are AMAZING!

I feel my records are more accurate.

Pros

ChurchTrac recently started to automatically import online giving from Stripe to my register on the day the donation was given, plus shows the date in my register when the payment clears the bank. Oh, and the Stripe fees are shown as well with each transaction. This will save me so much time and reduce my own errors. Plus reconciliation of my accounts is so easy. It has cut down my time that I spent on month end procedures. The online help topics, online webinars and videos are very helpful. I must say, too, how wonderful the support people are! I'm doing this job for my church with a very limited financial/accounting background. Whenever I had a question, they answer quickly and continue to help me until I get my issue resolved.

Cons

I had used the free ChurchTrac 9 program (about 2 years) and thought it would be an easy switch to the online version. However, I was thrown for a loop because I was also learning the online giving parts/pieces in addition to the newer software. Some things were not intuitive for me, but it could be that I was overwhelmed in trying to get everything underway in a short time, plus finance/accounting is not second nature for me. Now that I'm three months in, I'm starting to understand it better. Some of the reports could be improved. It would be nice to have the budget analysis report a bit larger for readability.

Thanks for the feedback Deb! Don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you do need any help with the features (especially accounting). Talk soon!

Great software at the best price.

Churchtrac has helped us keep track of members much easier - including birthdays, addresses, and phone numbers. All of the person's information is in one place (we used to keep it on a spreadsheet). The accounting and giving records part fits our church better than quickbooks, since we are a smaller church.

Pros

I did a lot of research before choosing a solution for our church. Churchtrac had by far the most options included for the price. And their price is at least half of most companies. The monthly subscription includes not only management tools for people, but also accounting as well (which is a huge bonus). We also were able to create printed church directories for people in our church (and can reprint them at any time through the software). We moved our financials into churchtrac, and it is proving to be a great option as well, We are a smaller church, but the software and service have been great. Highly recommend giving them a try. You won't find a better price around - and you won't sacrifice quality for what you get.

Cons

Most of the help is through tutorials, or through videos. It is hard to talk to a live person. But they respond very quickly to any questions, and will schedule a phone call if needed. My bookkeeper is taking a little time to adjust from Quickbooks to this software, as it runs a little differently.

Thanks for the kind words Jerrod. We're always working hard to improve our software and keep it at a price point that's actually affordable for smaller ministries. Reach out to us anytime we can be of assistance!

Perfect Church Management Software

I've been able to do everything I've been asked. We are using Quickbooks for our gov't-required accounting, but for the day-to-day bookkeeping, ChurchTrac even handles that! I especially love how it intgrates giving with bookkeeping so well.

Pros

ChurchTrac integrates everything I could possibly need for all aspects of church administration: people tracking, attendance, giving, receipting, income, expenses, processes, follow up, tracking screening, messaging (email & text), people reports, budget tracking & reporting, online directory (I print only as needed now), congregational access to their own giving record & contact information, ... the list goes on. I haven't found any other software that does as much as ChurchTrac. I recommend it to everyone. The price is also outstanding for what you get. Can't find anything more reasonably priced!

Cons

Would love to be able to sort people on the people screen by membership status & attendance, and would love to see individual attendance on the people screen. Giving vs. Attendance is also a report that is requested often, but I haven't figured out how to easily do that.

Hi Megan, Merry Christmas!!! It's awesome to see that you are finding so much usefulness out of our ministry tool. I have taken your suggestions about the sorting and report to our Development Team to further explore. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions at all!!!

Great Church Management System Option

ChurchTrac has and continues to be capable of everything we needed and most of what we want. ChurchTrac's navigation is fairly straightforward, which is great, and their support posts tend to be helpful for everything that's not straightforward. ChurchTrac is capable of more than what we are using it for - which equates to some good goals for us to move towards things we COULD be doing. Customer service has been efficient when it is needed as well.

Pros

-Compared to what we were using, ChurchTrac is much easier to use! -The ease of getting new users familiar with the basics -Ability to personalize quite a few reports and exports for multiple uses -Overall ability to edit and find information -Customer support is rather efficient and helpful

Cons

-Some things really need some digging to find, but they can be found -Some personalizing would/has require an outside coding expert, but that is to be expected with what ChurchTrac is (want to make it so your child check-in is fool proof? you might need a coding expert) -Wish it integrated MORE with services like MailChimp (more than exporting to MailChimp), but ChurchTrac is transparent in what it does. This isn't unexpected.

Great Church Membership Software

I have been able to do keep up the information, set up records, print reports, communicate with members, print out yearly contribution reports, etc. I do not have a church secretary to take care of this information for me so I have to do it myself. I love having this software. To be totally frank, it offers much more than I am able to utilize. My goal is to learn even more of what it provides and enjoy additional benefits.

Pros

I am a pastor of a small church and had never been able to afford the "big church software" products. When I discovered ChurchTrac I found a great treasure of opportunities at a very affordable price. First of all, the product is simple to use. As with all programs it takes time to set up the membership information but after that it is very easy to keep the information up to date. The home screen...

Cons

My preference has always been to call for tech support when I have an issue. ChurchTrac does not offer tech support by phone initially. You must send and email with a description of the problem and wait until they respond. I have utilized this free service several times. I always get a response and the information I need.

Easy to use and Economical Church Membership Software

In my opinion, at this time, ChurchTrac is the best replacement program for my old computer based system. With the cloud based program I can let other Church leaders have access to the information and improve our ministry to our members. I'm a Deacon and this program really can help us with our Deacon Family Ministry Plan. The cost is really great also. We're not a large church and finances are always a concern. Another feature I think will be advantageous is having our data in the cloud. I won't have to worry about keeping the system backed-up. I searched and reviewed several other programs before deciding on ChurchTrac. In my opinion, this is the best program for the money.

Pros

I liked most the ease of learning the software. I took time to enter all of our Church members into the trial version of the database because I wanted to learn the software. By the time I had entered all names (about 200) I was amazed just how much I had learned to navigate the database. I ran all types of reports, tried everything that I thought I would use and I was very happy with the results. I...

Cons

There were a few features that I got used to in the old computer based program that I was using, that was either not possible with ChurchTrac or difficult to make happen. One was a neat little directory of members (5" x 8 1/2" when printed and the paper cut in half). This was the perfect size to fit in your Bible or purse. All our members liked the size. However since playing with the reports on ChurchTrac...

ChurchTrac Online - good value for money, not perfect but does most of what you need to do

We switched to this software from PowerChurch, which is old and outdated. The difference was huge. Compared to outdated software like that, this software is very easy and enjoyable to work with. However, I also tried out Breeze, which is significantly better than ChurchTrac from what I could see. Their pricing is a flat rate, however, so for a small church like ours ChurchTrac provided more value.

Pros

1) Very easy to use 2) A good amount of functionality 3) Above all, the price is better than other online options I found 4) Mobile website works quite well - the online functionality is a big plus for any church who is not already using an online database

Cons

I have not had the best experience with their support people. Getting our database integrated into ChurchTrac was a bit of a hassle, it took us a while to do as we are a smaller church without a ton of staff resources to dedicate to this. We were constantly losing access to the database because our free trial had ended and it was time to pay for a software that we weren't even sure we would use. They...

Very Satisfied

Very pleased. And it saves us a lot of money. Our old computer based system from another company charged us an annual fee much higher than Churchtrac, and then every couple years required us to pay for an “upgraded version”, at a cost of around $350.00. Since Churchtrac is web based, there are no upgrades required. In addition to its “people tracking” system (addresses, phone, membership level, etc), it really simplified our “giving” tracking system, which is also included in the basic package. We have not used their upgraded “Plus Plan” as of yet (worship planning, scheduling, Accounting & Budgeting) so I cant speak to those features.

Pros

Initially it was the cost savings. They are very reasonable and based on your congregation size which really helps smaller churches. Plus it is web based. Our older system, from a different company, was stored on our server. When it crashed we were unable to retrieve the data. This system has no need for a server. Lastly their tech support is included and has been very responsive. Very impressed.

Cons

We gave it a slightly lower rating on “Ease of Deployment”. The nice thing about Churchtrac is also it’s most challenging. It has a lot of useful features, but they take a little time to figure how to use them all. I’m sure someone who is more tech literate and who uses the varied features more regularly would have no problem.

Thanks for the kind words Don! ChurchTrac does have a LOT of features...but you will be a pro in no time at all. As you continue to learn how to navigate through everything, don't hesitate to reach out for any help. Talk soon!

Great product, price, customer support

Pros

The price is what initially drove me to ChurchTrac as a CRM since it is tiered and comparatively inexpensive. It does much of what I need. One of the things that has kept me with it is the amazing customer support -- usually have an answer within an hour. It integrates seamlessly with MailChimp and they keep developing it more and more with user feedback. The other major benefit of the software is that giving, scheduling, and database are all in one place so once people access it, they can access everything. Online giving is easy via ChurchTrac and the costs are lower than the alternative.

Cons

It is a little bit clunky in some aspects. One of my least favorite is that when you are creating an event to schedule people to serve, like weekly Sunday services, you have to create each one individually. While you can use a template, you still have to enter every single Sunday. For a church scheduling software, it seems like it should be a no-brainer that you can create weekly meetings with the same roles each time so that all you have to do is assign people. Another critique I have is that some aspects are dated -- like automatically creating a formal greeting for a family to be "Mr. and Mrs. John Smith". Few people use that designation any more so I have to go in and change it for each family I enter.

Thank you for the kind words JoEllyn! We do have templates that store all the roles and everything for each service. Planning each service like that should be really quick. Schedule a phone call when you get a chance so we can work on this together :-)

The best Church management Program Ever

Wonderful. So thankful for a program tailored to our Church needs.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, the functionality of all of it's components, and their great customer support!

Cons

I really don't have any areas of ChurchTrac that I don't like.

Thanks for the 5-star review, Misty. We're soo glad that you're enjoying ChurchTrac. Feel free to reach out to us if there's anything we can help you with!