Dropbox Sign Logo

Dropbox Sign

Intuitive eSignatures trusted by millions

Dropbox Sign Reviews

4.7

1K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.96/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

We use this software daily and have had great luck with their templates. Our customers have also let us know the software is easy to use, and they love being able to e-sign documents.
Overall, I am very pleased with HelloSign and feel that it is the best software in that particular field of expertise.
For a free account, the user experience is outstanding. It does what it's supposed to do without any frills/hassle.
The only and biggest con to HelloSign is the inability to sign in blue ink. This is frustrating as a lot of our documents require signatures in blue, rather than black ink.
With very long documents, the buttons to go directly to the interactive part of the document does not work very well.
Biggest drawback for me is lack of a Microsoft Word add-in to upload/sign directly from Word instead of having to log into the website and upload.

1,033 reviews

Blake P.

Operations Manager

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Nothing fancy, gets the job done

Transcript

Blake: Hey everybody. My name is Blake. I'm an operations manager, and today I'm going to be giving HelloSign...

Tyler Jae S.

Associate Principal, Wayzata High School

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Excellent electronic signature capture tool

Transcript

Tyler J.: My name is Tyler. I'm an associate principal. I give HelloSign a five out of five. For more...

Halimatun Z.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Quick e-sign with HelloSign

Pros

HelloSign was simple to install and use. It made it easy for me to rapidly create a contract template that I could reuse when signing up new clients. Other extra functions make it far more helpful than it seems, but I didn't really have to apply many of them because I only needed them for a small task.

Cons

I had one issue with HelloSign, and it was hard to discover the section I was looking for. I wanted to create a template contract that would be a link on my website that people could click to quickly and easily sign the document, but I couldn't figure out where to do that or how to set up the layout appropriately.

WS

William S.

Banking, 11-50 employees

Excellent Value when compared to their biggest competitor

Excellent Value for Entrepreneurs and Start-Ups. ULIMITED actually means UNLIMITED, unlike their more expensive competitor who offer unlimited until you get to 8 sends per month, then their 'fair-use' policy kicks in to charge extra fees or attempts to coerce you into 'upgrading'. Thus far I have sent 27 documents out for e-Signature. ZERO ISSUE. Smooth. I get an email verifying the Send, the Read and the instant the doc has been Signed by each party, and then a Completion Notice. Overall I wanted value for my $$$... I found that with HelloSign. Very happy!!

Pros

ULIMITED Document Send4Signature(s) actually translates into UNLIMITED without ANY 'fine print' surprise limitations under some 'fair use' policy garbage. THIS was the a huge

Cons

I wish the HelloSign APP was available in Canada. No idea why it's not. Makes ZERO sense to me. I can still access it on my phone but I have to sign in using a mobile browser, and THAT means my use can be tracked by companies like Google and Samsung... I DO NOT LIKE THAT! I like an APP that I click on and I'm right there to do business without the extra strokes and 2FA. That annoys me.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, William. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about the 2fa barriers in Canada to our product team. Thank you again!

JH

Jenny H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Customer Care Team need some work.

The benefit of hellosign is that it does what it should on a basic level. In regards to price increase and level of service it really needs to work on this to justify its increase.

Pros

I like the ease of the software but some basic features need to be really considered.

Cons

Customer care team, In the instance of an emergency you can wait over 48 hours which is not ideal when you are using the product daily. The team also just seem to say I have escalated the problem via email. It is very frustrating considering prices have gone up in 1 year by over $200 and the care team just seem not care/try to solve the issues. We have had an ongoing issue since April that is not resolved. Feature wise it is a shame that Hellosign haven't added (considering they have put their prices up so high) to amend documents that have been signed by 1 party and not the other.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Jenny. Our marketing team monitors all feedback we get on Capterra and works to pass it to our product team. I'll be sure to let them know your feedback about our support team and our response time. We're working to improve all the time and thank you again for taking the time.

Antonio R.

Translation and Localization, 1,001-5,000 employees

A very good surprise indeed.

My overall experience with Dropbox Sign is very good. I must confess that I didn`t expect much and had that `more of the same` idea when I was first introduced to it. Not really. I am very happy with it.

Pros

It is environmentally friendly. I like everything Dropbox Sign has to offer, but I am a great fan of the fact that multiple people can sign the document and we will all know when it is signed. This is perfect.

Cons

I think the only thing I like least is the poor storage limits for free users.

Thank you for sharing your experience Antonio. This can be really helpful for those in their own search for an eSignature solution.

UR

Uziel R.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Perfect for Construction companies and builders

We love Hellosign. We don't see us switching over to any other platform any time soon. Besides the one flaw this software has, it has shown several solutions for flaws found in competitors.

Pros

The software is really user friendly. We switched over from a competitor due to the lower price with HelloSign. They fit our needs perfectly and we love that we don't get limited to how many documents we can send a year which was an issue with every single competitor I have come across with.

Cons

You can't modify a document after it's been sent. Sometimes one customer has signed but the document isn't complete until all parties have signed. This is the only flaw I have seen. It can make it difficult as sometime we decide only one customer signature is good, then we can't simply remove the other person who won't sign off of it. This makes us have to recreate the entire envelope to resend to customer and explain to them why they are resigning. Having this feature would save everyone a lot of time and would be greatly appreciated.

RG

Randy G.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Very happy with product. Will continue use.

Overall, I love it. It has made it so much easier to comply with the state laws regarding our required notices It is easy and convenient to send to our clients and they can get back to us anytime that works for them. No longer are we driving around trying to meet up with clients to get their signature for legal purposes. Saves, time, money, and my sanity.

Pros

I like that it is very cost effective and just as easy to use as the bigger names. I recommend this product for all companies that need contracts signed. Especially contractors that have to give out legal disclosures. Simple, fast, affordable. Well worth the membership.

Cons

The only bummer is that it can be a bit annoying if you go to start inserting signatures, initials, dates, etc. and then see something in the document that needs to be edited. In order to fix the document you have to re-upload it and then redo any signature boxes or dates boxes again. However, I this is the same with any electronic signature software. They can't help it if I make a mistake on my main document, so really not that big of a deal. Also, one time I had a bit of a weird issue during the renewal of our billing but it was quickly resolved and handled by customer care.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Randy. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about post-send editing capabilities to our product team. Thank you again!

MM

Molly M.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

HelloSign allows my business to thrive and my clients to access contracts easily

Pros

This software has wonderful security features and is extremely easy to use. It allows me to quickly get potential clients contracts, while creating both spaces for my signature and theirs. I like that it allows me to choose how many signers there are and that I can quickly choose the necessary fields (date, signature, initials, etc.). I really like how it sends me reminders of my amount of outstanding contracts. This makes it easier to follow up and ensure that all parties have received the document. All of our clients, regardless of tech skills, have been able to use HelloSign.

Cons

I do not like that after a two week period or so, potential clients cannot access the document. It should allow you to choose how long the document is valid for, so that you do not need to resend the document after a certain amount of time.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Molly. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about valid send dates to our product team. Thank you again!

HR

Hope R.

Maritime, 11-50 employees

Great for small businesses

I use Hellosign everyday to ensure my customers have the information needed from us and we have the information needed from them so we can get their boats up and running. Hellosign is easy to use and seamlessly integrates with my dropbox account so everyone that needs the information in my company has it.

Pros

Hellosign makes getting legally binding documents signed for my small business affordable and easy to manage.

Cons

Nothing, I have had zero cons with Hellosign.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Hope. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! Thank you again!

TV

Tania V.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great software

Easy to use.

Pros

Integrates with Dropbox easily which integrates into our EHR and makes filing incoming signatures easy.

Cons

Having to re-do the entire form of I update the pdf of a form. It doesn’t recognize how I had it set up previously

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Tania. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about template editing to our product team. Thank you again!

Blake P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Nothing fancy, gets the job done

We use this for internal purposes as well as having our workshop participants sign agreements. For the most part, everyone seems to use it just fine.

Pros

It does everything we need it to do: collect electronic signatures, send reminders for said signatures.

Cons

It can be clunky - and it's a little pricy for a small nonprofit. I also wish there was a way to upload one document and allow it to go out to multiple people at once, rather than having to send them out individually.

SS

Shoaib S.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

1 2 3.. Sign

Exceptional. No more printing and mailing for signatures.. Worth every penny.

Pros

Hellosign is extremely user friendly, we have team members who aren't great with technology and even they didn't have any issues working with Hellosign.

Cons

It doesn't have options for blue ink as a signature. In the middle east where we operate, some organisations require signature in blue ink. I did suggest this feature but I guess it is still being considered. Some features such as having the option to remove the document ID and separating the audit trail is only available if you go for the business plan. Which wasn't the issue for us since we required more users but if u need less than 5 users then that may be a thing for you to consider.

SP

Samantha P.

Completely changed our business

HelloSign has completely changed the way we send documents for signature and has absolutely saved us time and resources getting documents to and from our clients.

Pros

Prior to HelloSign, we would have to email documents for client signature, print and mail them, or have the client stop by in-person. Many of our clients live out-of-town or out-of-state, and a good number of them do not have access to a computer or printer, so it was extremely difficult and took quite a bit of time trying to figure out who was able to sign how. Now, we just send the document using HelloSign, and they are able to sign from their phone or computer, and they do not need a printer.

Cons

I wish there was a way to insert custom, fillable fields, i.e. date of birth or SSN - there may be/probably is a way to do this, I just haven't had time to sit down and look through/learn it, and couldn't think of anything else to put here.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Samantha. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about learning about how to best leverage our fields/templates to our product team. Thank you again!

AE

Andrew E.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

My HelloSign

I really like HelloSign. It just makes work so much easier. I use it every day.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and the ability to make templates. This feature saves so much time. I also like the storage, documentation, automatic reminders, etc.

Cons

I can't think of any. When I do, I will let you know.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Andrew. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! Thank you again!

MC

Melissa C.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Best to streamline business contracts

Pros

This has been my favorite platform to upload contracts and send for signature I send contracts daily and this allows for an easy tracking of the documents and makes it better then using an adobe signature process

Cons

Nothing I’ve had a great experience so far with hellosign. If you need to send contracts hellosign is a great place, I’ve canceled the service but somehow always go back to it

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Melissa. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! Thank you again!

JG

James G.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Manager

Pros

I use it primarily for the e-signature. This allows me to quickly send a contract to a customer and have them sign it the same day instead of waiting for the US Post Office.

Cons

I wish the templates could be presented in PDF format instead of the question/answer format. I tried using the template but felt more like a Google form than the PDF I had originally designed.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, James. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about PDF output to our product team. Thank you again!

ES

Eileen S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Hello Sign is inexpensive and easy to use

The benefit that is the most noticeable is the cost. The ease of use by the staff has been reiterated countless times.

Pros

What I like most about the Hello sign is the cost. Secondly, I like the ease of use. This product compares to another well know document signing software. Our company has saved thousands and it is an easier product to manage within the company

Cons

I have not yet come across an item or aspect that is difficult or annoying.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Eileen. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! Thank you again!

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Good esignature tool

Used HelloSign in order to electronically sign agreements with clients or employees, and in order to have a clear and easy to use as a repository of contracts.

Pros

HelloSign is pretty easy to use with a simple interface and makes it easy to upload and send any documents for signature (also in bulk)

Cons

The problem I see with tools like HellSign is that they're not as well recognized by clients as tools such as AdobeSign or DocuSign, so while it is very easy to use and works under the same premise, some clients don't consider it as 'safe'.

CM

Chari M.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Invaluable Product

We used a different product for a while that was inferior and we felt was much harder to use. Absolutely no problem with using HelloSign for our online document signing program. We have legally binding documents without the extra public traffic in our offices.

Pros

Our office is a Property Management Company, managing over 400 privately-owned rental properties. We first started using HelloSign during the early days of the Pandemic. Our office was shut down for a month at the beginning of the Pandemic. We opened back up to employees, but not the public, a month later. We were closed to the public for at least 6 months. HelloSign was invaluable to us during that time. We were able to still do our job for our owners using HelloSign to get signatures on new leases, renewals and additional required paperwork from both Tenants and Owners. Without it we would not have been able to conduct our business. Even though we are fully open for business now, we still use it for renewals so tenants don't have to make the trip to our office to renew their leases.

Cons

I cannot really think of anything I don't like about HelloSign. It is extremely easy to use and our customers seem to find it easy to use as well.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! I was wondering if you would be interested in participating in a roundtable about how HelloSign is used in sales use cases. We'd love to have your voice!

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Revolutionized our sign off practices

HelloSign is absolutely instrumental for my team (business development). We execute a number of agreements on a daily/weekly basis, and HelloSign makes the process absolutely seamless. It is 100% worth the cost.

Pros

I entered the workforce 10 years ago. The company I worked at was a heavy deal and sign off company, and I was constantly running around the office with a manila folder and a pen to get signatures from everyone I needed. If I lost my document before getting the 10 signatures I needed, I would have to start all over from the bottom of the chain. If HelloSign existed when I was an assistant, I would...

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about this software. I'm struggling to think of something that frustrates me -- ah. Here's one: sometimes, when you upload a contract and there's not enough height on the lines, it's difficult to create signing fields that don't overlap. But, to be fair, that's a problem that can be fixed with us.

TO

Todd O.

Good bet

Once you get the hang of it, it's good. It does what I need an e-signature service to do.

Pros

Similar in feel to the "big guys" in the industry, without the giant price tag.

Cons

Initially, it's not intuitive. I don't like not being able to see who I sent the document to under the Documents tab, without extra steps, as we send similar named items to multiple contacts. I don't like not being able to preview or print the signed document in a browser and having to download it to print (or at least, I cannot find said functionality if it exists.)

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Todd. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about the UI to our product team. Thank you again!

Robert B.

Easy, Straight Forward Signature Service

After having a very lackluster experience with a competitor's electronic signature program, our firm made the switch to DocuSign. I was impressed that it was the same cost as the competition and had more features and less limitations. After just a day or two into our free trial we knew the switch would be permanent.

Pros

Ease of use, simplicity, daily reminders from HelloSign make it easy to track pending signatures

Cons

Some downtime with website recently, technical support was a bit behind with offering a cohesive explanation and getting it sorted out

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Robert. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about our site support and responsiveness to our product team. Thank you again!

SM

Sylvie M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Try Hello Signs

We are happy with Hello Signs we have been using Hello Signs for over 2 years.

Pros

We love using Hello Signs software, we use it to send contract to our clients, it's easy to use and the price is the best.

Cons

I frequently receive email from my clients that they do not have a copy of their signed contract.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Sylvie. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about document sharing to our product team. Thank you again!

JB

Jenny B.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Convenient & easy to use!

I love using HelloSign when we need a document signed by our borrowers. It's much more convenient than asking them to print, sign, scan and return the items to us.

Pros

The set-up of the landing page is easy to follow. It takes you through each step needed to upload your document, assign signers, and attach signature boxes quickly and simply.

Cons

It was more difficult and time consuming in previous versions to assign a signature box for multiple signers. You could only assign for 1 person at a time without selecting a different name in the drop-down. This is much more user-friendly now!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Jenny. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about how you enjoy the new multi-signature experience to our product team. Thank you again!

SP

Sylvia P.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Great Small Office Product

Pros

Integration with Dropbox Business is a large selling point as we have clients signing documents on a regular basis. Not having to manually download every completed document saves time. The interface is simple and user-friendly, which is important since many of our clients are older. Hundreds of signatures at this point and never has there been a complaint from a client about using HelloSign that wasn't staff error.

Cons

When dealing with multiple signers on one document, the switching between signers can be cumbersome.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Sylvia. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about multiple signers to our product team. Thank you again!

BO

Barbara O.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Easy, Convenient, Perfect Price Point

Pleasant, Refreshing, and a breeze

Pros

Very easy to use, we deal with many elderly clients and it is very simple to walk them through the process even they are new to the internet.

Cons

The lease thing I like is that other software's aren't as easy or convenient

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Barbara. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! Thank you again!