HelloSign

Free, web & mobile electronic signature platform

HelloSign Reviews

Pros

For a free account, the user experience is outstanding. It does what it's supposed to do without any frills/hassle.

Benjamin d.

Customer service is very responsive and they have a good support knowledgebase. Other things I appreciate is the ease of Google integration for sign-on and also signing docs right out of a Google doc.

Krista B.

We use this software daily and have had great luck with their templates. Our customers have also let us know the software is easy to use, and they love being able to e-sign documents.

Cons

The only and biggest con to HelloSign is the inability to sign in blue ink. This is frustrating as a lot of our documents require signatures in blue, rather than black ink.

Christine B.

With very long documents, the buttons to go directly to the interactive part of the document does not work very well.

Richelle Marting J.

Excellent e-signature solution

For my minimal e-signature needs - only a few documents a month - this is the perfect solution. It's extremely easy to use for both me and even the unexperienced recipient.

Pros

Extremely easy to use, affordable, with great audit trails. It sends messages to all signatories with alerts to sign the document and reminders if the document remains unsigned after several days. All users are notified and sent a copy when the document is fully executed.

Cons

Biggest drawback for me is lack of a Microsoft Word add-in to upload/sign directly from Word instead of having to log into the website and upload. Other solutions offer this solution and it would be a great timesaver if added.

1 2 3.. Sign

Exceptional. No more printing and mailing for signatures.. Worth every penny.

Pros

Hellosign is extremely user friendly, we have team members who aren't great with technology and even they didn't have any issues working with Hellosign.

Cons

It doesn't have options for blue ink as a signature. In the middle east where we operate, some organisations require signature in blue ink. I did suggest this feature but I guess it is still being considered. Some features such as having the option to remove the document ID and separating the audit trail is only available if you go for the business plan. Which wasn't the issue for us since we required more users but if u need less than 5 users then that may be a thing for you to consider.

Best way to go paperless

Fantastic.

Pros

Since HelloSign is also developed by the same company as Dropbox their integration is flawless. This is the way to go paperless and a great tool during this difficult pandemic time.

Cons

The limited amount of templates for the paid version.

Easy, but missing essential functions.

Overall, for the cost, this product is great. If I need additional functionality, I'll pay the additional cost for another product. But, this does basically all the things I need for a fraction of the cost.

Pros

HelloSign is extremely easy to use. There's basically no training required. It's all straightforward. Items can be required or optional. Text fields, signatures, initials, etc., can be added by drag and drop. Templates can be created from any document. It's also very low cost compared to similar products.

Cons

We use HelloSign through Brokermint for real estate brokerage transactions. I wasn't able to save an e-sign document draft, then come back to finish it later. I had to either complete the document or lose it. There isn't a strike through feature, as is common with these products, so the workaround is to insert a text box over existing text and use underscores to strike it. I'm required to add a signer to every document, even if it's myself, but sometimes I just want to add a textbox and save it without needing a signature. Also, as an admin, I wanted the ability to access documents of users, but I don't think that's possible. I was only able to access documents to which I was the creator or a signer.

Get documents signed!

Getting signatures for documents when clients do not want to leave home, or have the inability to print and send back

Pros

Having the ability to send and get documents signed for my clients without an expensive subscription is key for a new business. It has helped me send and receive documents via email without having clients come in the office during the pandemic.

Cons

There is nothing I can say I like least - the product works as intended. offers 3 free sends per month, possibly adding a pay per send could help.

Hello...SIGN! An Electronic Signature Alternative

It's been a great experience using HelloSign. My company was able to save money by switching to this platform and it has great usability. It's been really great using this product! I highly recommend HelloSign.

Pros

I like the user interface on this product. It's very user friendly and easy to navigate between functions. I also love that there is the ability to create template and template links. The template links are a great option so you can share in bulk or don't want to type an email address in each time you send the same form to someone.

Cons

I don't like that there isn't a good customer service function. It's hard to get help and you have to contact the company via email.

This is absolutely the best electronic signature software for small and medium businesses!

My experience with HelloSign has been great! It's super easy and intuitive. Also, the pricing is very competitive, and I found it to be the best option for my needs. I use it to sign agreement with partners and providers. I definitely recommend this product!

Pros

HelloSign is super easy to use, the user experience is smooth and very well designed. It's simple, yet powerful. You can upload a document, highlight the fields to be filled and submit it in a couple of minutes. I absolutely love this product!

Cons

I don't see many negative aspects of this product. Perhaps having more advanced functionalities for editing the documents, but this is not a big issue for me.

A Great Alternative for Electronic Signatures

Still in the trial phase with a limited number of users.

Pros

User friendly, similar enough to Docusign allowed for very little learning curve, customizable, and reliable.

Cons

We just recently started using Hellosign on a trial basis and are working through the learning curve of using a new platform. Cons thus far are the inability to schedule reminders, multiple email reminders when there are multiple signers and the document is pending the next signature, and the inability to create email templates within the platform.

Easy, Quick & Simple To Use

Pros

HelloSign was very quick to setup and use. It allowed me to quickly make a template contract that could be used for signing new clients and just help with streamlining the whole process. There's a wide range of additional features as well that make it much more helpful than it appears to be, but I didn't need to use many features since I only required it for a simple task.

Cons

One gripe that I did have with HelloSign was that it was hard to navigate through to find the section I wanted, I wanted to make a template contract and make it into a link that I place onto a section of my site so that signing it could be quick and efficient, I struggled with finding where to do this and also struggled with setting up the template correctly.

Easy online document signing

Communication is key and HelloSign makes it easy to provide and collect signed Agreements. Their free version works great for my needs as I only send contracts about every other month. I have never had an issue with the software - everything runs smoothly. You can't say that about many things these days!

Pros

I needed to send clients Agreements for them to sign in a manner that would be easy for both of us. I didn't want them to have to print the document, sign it, scan it, and send it back to me. HelloSign takes my PDF and makes it easy to identify where signatures, dates, and initials are required. It has made the whole process easier and makes me look good!

Cons

I haven't found anything specific I dislike about this software. It performs well and is less costly and easier to use than other programs.

HelloSign makes the signing process a breeze.

Overall, HelloSign has delivered the program options we need at a very affordable price.

Pros

HelloSign is very straight forwarded. Anyone could use this program. I literally had it set up and ready to go in minutes. It has always worked and not failed us once. Our clients find it easy to use on their end also. HelloSign also has an amazing price structure. When they say unlimited, they mean unlimited. We were with a competitor of HelloSign for several years, sending out the same number of envelopes over those years then suddenly, they decided our "unlimited" package didn't cover that amount and we would have to move to a much higher package. The increase was several thousand dollars. Just ridiculous. I have not had any hint of this problem with HelloSign.

Cons

The only con with HelloSign is there isn't as many optional features as there are with other programs. For instance, optional dropdown fields. HelloSign does give a text box option but that can't be restricted to only a few options. They also don't offer extensive reports. At least not in the package we are currently on. For the price difference, I am okay with that.

Revolutionized our sign off practices

HelloSign is absolutely instrumental for my team (business development). We execute a number of agreements on a daily/weekly basis, and HelloSign makes the process absolutely seamless. It is 100% worth the cost.

Pros

I entered the workforce 10 years ago. The company I worked at was a heavy deal and sign off company, and I was constantly running around the office with a manila folder and a pen to get signatures from everyone I needed. If I lost my document before getting the 10 signatures I needed, I would have to start all over from the bottom of the chain. If HelloSign existed when I was an assistant, I would...

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about this software. I'm struggling to think of something that frustrates me -- ah. Here's one: sometimes, when you upload a contract and there's not enough height on the lines, it's difficult to create signing fields that don't overlap. But, to be fair, that's a problem that can be fixed with us.

Solid E-Sig Platform!

Overall, Hellosign has really made an impact on our offer letter process. We are now able to send and receive letters in a fast and efficient manner. As mentioned, any document you send over for signature, you can view when a person sees it so there is no need for additional follow up with the potential receiver on whether they received the document or not. It has truly helped me save time and candidates who receive our offer letter through hellosign, are able to sign easily without any complications.

Pros

I love how easy hellosign makes it to obtain electronic signatures on any document. You can easily drag and drop any document or can manually upload the docs. As a user, I'm able to upload a document and assign signature fields easily. An added benefit is that you get a notification when someone views your document as well as a notification when it has been signed. Depending on your settings, you can...

Cons

The maincon that I see with this platform is the lack of signature options. I wish there were more styles available. Also, when you upload multiple documents, it can take awhile to load. I am not sure if it was just my computer being slow but this has happened on a few occasions.

A must have for your toolkit of productivity tools and a top e-signing tool

I think that they've done an excellent job with making this tool something anyone can use and the interface very sleek.

Pros

I am a personal business user of this tool and have also been the IT project manager to implement this tool university-wide. It is extremely user friendly and it's a very versatile tool. It is also priced very reasonably for the features available and is a smart addition or any size of organization. You can e-sign your own personal documents or send it out to multiple users and designate the order...

Cons

I think that the document repository can use some more filtering or organizational tools so teams can manage incoming documents more effectively. Also for team delegation for a primary user can override or intercept documents if they've bottle-necked.

Good esignature tool

Used HelloSign in order to electronically sign agreements with clients or employees, and in order to have a clear and easy to use as a repository of contracts.

Pros

HelloSign is pretty easy to use with a simple interface and makes it easy to upload and send any documents for signature (also in bulk)

Cons

The problem I see with tools like HellSign is that they're not as well recognized by clients as tools such as AdobeSign or DocuSign, so while it is very easy to use and works under the same premise, some clients don't consider it as 'safe'.

Extremely Poor Customer Service.

Easy to use software. Expensive for what you get though and the customer service is diabolical. Would not recommend them.

Pros

The ease of use, quick and easy set up of documents but this is common across all e signature softwares.

Cons

Their customer service is very slow. Everytime you message them it takes 24 hours for a basic response. There are plenty of other e-sign solutuions that are better, more cost effective and have much better support. We have been with this company for nearly 3 years, pay over $100 a month and the customer service is diabolical. We have chosen to go with PandaDoc.

Solid e-Signature Product

Very positive, fast, and efficient. The emails to let you know where your doc stands are helpful but if you are not responsible with your notifications you will be getting way too many if you use regularly.

Pros

Very easy to use and super clean user interface. Easy to upload documents for signature and to send out for signature. The search feature is easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

Still has trouble finding emails and names even if you have sent to the same people repeatedly. The search feature functionality is not great for seeing what is outstanding. There are a lot of paid features that require additional upgrades for branding, etc.

An Awesome Tool for Filling Out Paperwork

Overall I have had a great experience with HelloSign. It was easy to set up and a very affordable choice. I have to oversee hundreds of pages of documents that need signatures every week and HelloSign makes it very easy to request those.

Pros

The thing I love best about HelloSign is how easy it was to implement and train others to use it. Importing a document, adding fields, and requesting signatures can be done in less than two minutes. Setting up templates is a breeze as well.

Cons

I wish there was a feature that allowed users to combine templates as needed instead of being forced to just use one at a time or have to send multiple requests for signatures. It would be super helpful to have this feature. Other softwares have this feature, so hopefully it will be added in the future.

Virtually Seamless Software

Pros

Our company has being using HelloSign for several months now, and compared to other electronic signature software that we have tested, we have found it to be extremely user friendly. It is extremely easy to customize signature and text fields in our agreements and each document ,after executed by all parties, generates an audit trail, showing the date , time an ip address of the signer. We do a lot of insurance work and to date we have not had any challenges to the authenticity of the signature. It is truly a great value for the price.

Cons

If a document is sent to multiple signers, it cannot be downloaded until all signers have signed. We have had situations where one of the signers signed but the other couldn't access the document. We were not able to print the document containing the e-signature and just have the other signer wet sign. We instead had to resend the document to all parties, necessitating the original signer to re-sign. I think it is, however, possible to preview a document that has only be signed by one of several signers.

Easy online document signing

It is very useful for online contract signing. Creating and saving templates is easy and you can send a contract to someone and have it signed in just minutes.

Pros

Blank contracts can be uploaded to create and save templates. Creating templates is very easy using drag and drop function of textbox, signature, or sign date fields. The document may be sent other parties through email. Setting up signing order is also possible and HelloSign will alert signers when a document is sent for signing, when it is their turn to sign, and when the document is completely signed. Documents are considered valid and legal. A signed document will show when it was viewed and signed and what the IP address of the signer is.

Cons

When not used and kept in the background for a few minutes, it will say that the application timed out and you have to create the template or type the information again. Sometimes, creating templates is tedious and you have to make sure that the textbox in the template is big enough to fit the text you will type.

Best Value in esignatures

Pros

Their ability to integrate with 3rd parties is great. They have a very new, beautiful API. It took way longer to build the UI we needed in our software than to technically build out the integration. I spoke with 10 esignature companies and HelloSign was definitely the best for value. The sales rep I worked with was fantastic and I could call him anytime and get a response -- although I didn't need to much after the initial set up.

Cons

Their options for esignatures were a little limited. They don't offer radio buttons with multiple options. But we could talk our customers out of really needing that by using others of their features.

HelloSign

Love it and use it on a regular basis. Have used several of these services since they came out and this is pretty much my fav

Pros

HelloSign is the most user-friendly service of its kind

Cons

no real cons here - nothing I really had a problem with it

Signatures made Easy!

Has saved a lot of time and made life much easier.

Pros

Instead of having to print stacks of paper and get them signed by higher management, Simply upload the documents and it is signed within seconds. Saves time and paper!

Cons

There should be an option of repeating the signature/initials on all pages instead of having to manually insert the required box.

Easy to Sign

Although I prefer signing my name on paper rather than on a screen, when the need arises to sign a digital document, not being particularly tech savvy, I need something simple, no-frills, affordable and reliable, HelloSign is all of the above.

Pros

Not being the most tech savvy person I'm always on the look out for apps that function as I need them to, are intuitive, and simple to interface with. When I need to sign my name digitally to a document, or need someone else to sign their name to a digital document, HelloSign is my go to app. Its reliable, fast, and does what I need it to.

Cons

My signature never comes out like it would on paper. Additionally, there never seems to be enough room on the interface screen to sign my name as I would wish to. Although these may seem like trivial criticisms, and they may indeed be trivial criticisms, for me, not being able to feel good about the quality of my signature always leaves me with a feeling of disappointment.

Hellosign does what we expect it to do.

Pros

The ease of use for Hellosign is 10/10 . It has got a short learning curve, I picked this up in less than half an hour. I love how it forwards reminders to clients ,reminding them of documents they need to get signed. It majorly has eliminated a lukeworm,long contract and agreement signing process.Making this important but formerly despised process very quick ,efficient and way less cheaper.

Cons

Hellosign does perfectly what we as users expect it to do . However my only reservation will be with the email link we send to clients ,from where they can view documents to be signed.We have situations,whereby a client clicks on the link, closes it to come back to it later ,and by the time he/she returns back to click on the link, the link has expired and we have to resend the document.This need be fixed.