All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

mHelpDesk

Win more jobs and grow your business with mHelpDesk!

mHelpDesk Reviews

Pros

I appreciated the support and eagerness to help implement and answer all of my questions. That in itself is a valuable asset.

Lee'Ann B.

Read the full review
I like the customization. It wasn't AS customizable as I was told it was but it was nice to be able to add in fields that are important to our specific company.

Theresa B.

Read the full review
Super good price for what you get. I was really surprised that their price was the cheapest of all the software I tried previously, especially since their product was much better.

Chelsea P.

Read the full review

Cons

Over the past year many changes have been made to this program that, for our business, have made the program worse. The added features which make it harder to operate also make it more sluggish.

Paul K.

Read the full review
Our small business has suffered greatly in efficiency and the capacity to make money due to this system. I would say we have lost at least 15-20% in sales in 2018 and that's being conservative.

Karen H.

Ken P.

Read the full review

Our experience has been extremely positive. No other company would go this far for a customer.

We are completely cloud-based, completely mobile, our response time has decreased and profits have increased. We have found a vendor/partner that listens. We truly have an integrated product from end-to-end. Service calls/requests for quotes come in, an excellent work product goes out, seamlessly.

Pros

The field app is very strong and that is a must. The admin provides a true workflow experience. The software is as flexible as it can be, provides true integration to QB, and has cut our entry time in half. Our profits are up and communication is vastly improved. The cloud feature fits our Disaster Response plan. Their customer service is the best I have seen and we have tried many.

Cons

Very little to dislike. They are always improving. I would like to see an inventory module, and Ajax searches would be a real improvement. But overall, they are the "best-in-class".

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on mHelpDesk Mark! We are so happy to work with you and VIALARM.

Field Service Software for any Business to Stay Organized

Overall I have had a really good experience, anytime I have ran into a problem which is not very often but my problems have been resolved in a professional and expediential matter that allowed my business to continue to operate. You can keep an open line of communication with your customers on work order status or any problems that arise during the work order.

Pros

You are able to automate your business to keep a customer database, schedule and track work orders. Billing is a breeze with in the email feature you send to your customers. They can pay directly with PayPal or Credit Card account. There is even a feature to generate leads to your business. You can customize your invoices and work orders to meet your business needs. Works on mobile Apps and integrates all your invoices to quick books.

Cons

When customers pay from your credit card account, you are only able to setup and activate one payment option at a time. It would be nice to have individual bank accounts set for different sections of your business model.

mHelpDesk/HomeAdvisor

The weaknesses we struggled through for the first 2 years really left it on the back burner as far as fully implementing and incorporating it further into our customer contact operations. Resorted to doing a lot of it manually. As a CRM, it was pleasantly functional until they jacked the prices up after the HomeAdvisor affiliation came in full-bore. Home Advisor's shortfalls are a whole other dissertation.

Pros

1. The calendar integration with Google worked well and the appointment processing flow was good enough. 2. Invoicing and job dollar tracking worked OK as well. Quickbooks integration came along too late for us to play with or even consider. 3. The support team is pretty responsive and helpful when available. 4. The automatic linking with HomeAdvisor worked well usually. When it did, sending out text message alerts for new leads was a nice feature.

Cons

1. My biggest issue was communication logging. Although the customer note log was a help, it should log ALL communication with the customer. The fact that their development team couldn't get the log to reflect individual and system-generated emails was a HUGE stumbling block when trying to track customer contact instances. 2. They tried to change our package processing after we were with them for...

Ken, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear that overall the scheduling and job tracking features work well, and that the automatic customer texting has been valuable. We're sorry to hear that the communication logging isn't as expansive as you would like -- that's something that we're considering for further development in future updates. We're thrilled to see the 5 stars for Customer Support -- that's always a top priority for us. Please give us a call or send us a chat if we can help with anything. Thanks for being a customer.

Great Customer Support

Overall has been great! I went to another company and came back to MHelpDesk cause the other software just didn't work like MHelpDesk - I always get prompt and friendly service which make my job easier as I am always in a hurry.

Pros

It integrates very nicely with my Quickbooks - I also like that it keeps everything streamlined to make my job easier.

Cons

Wish there was an option to "CLOSE" the estimates so they just go away versus having to mark them inactive. Once I invoice the customer I have to mark the estimate inactive or "Sent" in the status field so I can keep it separate from the "active" or "approved" estimates - I used the estimates to keep track of my current jobs.

Julie, we're thrilled to hear mHelpDesk is working well for you and helping you manage your business. Thanks for the feedback and suggestion about the estimates - we will pass it along to our Product team. Thanks for being a customer!

For the small business owner, this is a MUST

It was suggested we try Quickbooks as well, and we did not like how that program interface looked. Too many "bells and whistles" make a program more complicated to use and harder to teach to new users.

Pros

We used to rely solely on PayPal for our "small business needs" but their invoicing system was too complicated and confusing. MHelpdesk makes very eye-pleasing invoices and billing statements, and they are easy to manipulate and add/change information on. There are other nice perks of the program, but the invoicing and billing was our main reason for choosing it and switching from PayPal as a stand-alone.

Cons

The only issue I've come across is that the app is actually more functional and intuitive than the desktop version, but seeing as how most of our transactions are done on an iPhone, the app does suffice and fit our needs.

We're happy to hear that you're having a good experience mHelpDesk's billing and invoicing! If you ever need any help or have any questions our team is here to help! www.mhelpdesk.com/support Thanks for being a customer!

SOFTWARE NEVER WORKS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE

HORRIBLE

Pros

You can punch in and out for service. You can also enter materials.

Cons

This company has the worst customer service; we had used this software for 2 years now and it constantly has issues. They want screenshots, videos, but everytime we send it over, it gets fixed for a day but not for every technician, and then it goes to sh** again. HORRIBLE software, do not recommend it to anybody.

Ease of switching

A++. Their customer service team answers and solves issues within minutes ! They definitely know their software and ways to make it fit your needs.

Pros

This software was easy to set up, customization was a snap and it has saved so much time in the organization of each call performed and invoicing. It integrates with Quick Books immediately. No more delay in getting the information at your fingertips.

Cons

I wish there were more reports that could be run and easier to print if necessary

mHelp has been a welcome addition to our office. We are finding it to be valuable to our business.

We got rid of paper invoices, which has allowed us to streamline our billing and has saved our office countless hours. We are able to view our business at a glance on our computers and even on our phones when we are away from the office. We are just starting to see the benefits of using the scheduling board. The customization features are awesome!

Pros

We started off trying to master the Job, including invoicing but we are now branching off to use the scheduling board and many other aspects of the software. We find it to be user friendly. One of our very favorite features is the customizing capabilities. We are still learning but we are super happy over all with the software.

Cons

Truthfully we are happy with most everything. There are a couple of things we cannot do but we have worked around these issues.

Thank you so much for this feedback Michele--we're so happy to have the opportunity to support Hammons. We're glad the customization features have been helpful to your business!

mHelpDesk

overall the system is easy to use and user-friendly. It was not hard to learn the system. Easy to catch on

Pros

being able to automate is a great feature for our business. A great tool that keeps a customer database, tracking, and scheduling work orders. Customer support is very helpful when you ever need an explanation or issues resolved

Cons

you are only able to set up one payment option at a time. If a customer has more than one it would be nice to have the capability of setting up different accounts for different sections.

I LOVE this software

I love it. I think it's a great knowledgerbase and Accounts receivable tool.

Pros

I use this software all day everyday to update contact records and collect payments from our customers.

Cons

I can't think of any. IT lyncs over to quickbooks which makes thing even easier for me. This product is great.

Great Field Service CRM Foundation

Pros

Mhelpdesk Field Service software greatly improved our business workflow by transforming our carbon copy work order system to a fully digital system that helped reduce our turn around time for billing. Recently, I was able to work with a mhelpdesk staff member during the development of the newly designed Equipment page where they were implementing the new features to track when equipment next service due dates are. This was a huge improvement for our business as we track mandatory inspection dates for our customers.. The customer support has always been A+ when it comes to address issues, or questions, especially with the instant chat function from the web app.

Cons

- Mobile App: The mobile app is an area that could see improvement. Some of the workflow using the app when creating a new Service Request can be glitchy and difficult to input all the information. The list of service requests also does not always update correctly and this is something we are currently in the process of working with the support team on. - Inventory: The inventory management section...

Overall Pretty Great!

Overall I would recommend this to most people in search of a CRM. There are a lot out there, but I cannot imagine the customer service is as good.

Pros

First, The customer service is Great! Especially the rep who helped me out tremendously. The live chat feature is probably the best in the business in terms of helpful information and response time. Aside from that the software works really well. We are not totally utilizing every feature and it works really well for our company! - The overall layout and ease of use is great - Very easy to create...

Cons

- If you don’t input the information of the ticket correctly the first time, it makes it extremely difficult to change it after. - You cannot look up tickets by their address on the mobile app (At least not easily if there is a way). - When having a recurring lead there is no drop down to select the customer, you have to enter the customers name EXACTLY the same as it was entered the first time

Luke, thanks for the detailed review! We're very glad to hear that you are taking advantage of so many features of the app. Please let our team know if there is anything else we can do to help. Thank you for your business!

Great if You Have to Make Invoices in the Field

GOOD. mHelpDesk does what I need it to do. It is affordable for a small shop. It's the only software that allowed my, not-so-computer-literal, technicians to create detailed invoices in the field AND HAND IT TO THE CUSTOMER, and record payment. I would recommend it. Most of my frustrations come from having such a very functional software package and my techs have to fill out paper timesheets. All the data needed to create a timesheet exists in the Price List including Items or fields called Labor-Travel, Labor-Tech or Labor-Apprentice. The time they signed in and signed out exists in the items list of the invoice. All we need is a report that can filter this data and voila we have timesheets.

Pros

Support is very good. Works great if you make many invoices in the field, print them and hand them to customers. Must have internet signal. Email Invoice with Payment Button. Customer clicks the button and pays with credit card. Easily convert Estimates to Service Call to Invoice. Customer Info with multiple jobsites easily managable. Great mobile app., fluid, very functional, easy to use. Intuitive desktop platform. Works great with QuickBooks Desktop.

Cons

You will have to pay to retrive YOUR DATA when you leave mHelpDesk. No inventory. Don't let them fool you. You cannot create PO's and have to go to a price list, select and item, delete the quantity, and enter the new quantity everytime you want to add inventory. No inventory history. No Time sheets. Again, don't let them fool you. Technicians can sign in in the morning and sign out in the afternoon and you can print a report. That's it. No phase codes. Cannot label time entries. No way to associate payroll to billable hours/ServiceCalls/Jobs. Custom Reports? Never could create one that was usefull and I have 20 yrs experience in MS Access.

Tim--thank you so much for this detailed and very helpful feedback! We will share it with the product team so they can explore some of the ideas that you've raised.

Reports

- great customer service availability by phone and online chat. - easy scheduling. - mobile app for technicians on the road.

Pros

With the help of the support team I was able to filter out a list of customers that live in a certain region. Our out of town customers are grouped by areas. In order to send those customers a reminder email or reminder cards we need to filter them from mHelp. The report feature is too restricted and didn't help us. Then finally I had someone on the phone that told me to create a new selection under Customers. I selected the cities that are on that route and listed all of them separately. And voila, I had a list of customers that I was able to export to excel.

Cons

I don't like the way the reports are set up. There should be at least one report available that we can select/ search for all the fields that we need included. At the moment the customer custom fields can NOT be selected. Although this is a database that we're working on and theoretically all fields can be searched. I think it is not only us that ran into this problem. I need to be able to select...

Hi Sigrid--thank you so much for this review and feedback on our reporting. We're always looking at ways to improve so this is very helpful, and will be shared with our product team. We appreciate it!

5+ year customer

I've found that while they met my expectations at the beginning, they have consistently gotten better over the years. They are responsive to customer requests of new functions. Having this online has allowed me to work from home when needed which was one of the reasons we chose it in the beginning.

Pros

It has all the functions I need to do my job efficiently and they have had some nice updates over the years. Their customer service is great. I've always gotten representatives that are knowledgeable and nice. When I have a problem, I'm able to use the chat function and 99% of the time they get me answers. Even when that doesn't work, they answer my calls and fix the issues. Every customer service rep without exception has been very nice to work with.

Cons

Sometimes they do updates that don't necessarily help with my day to day use of the program. I understand that they are servicing many different industries and needs and I can see the usefulness of the update. It would be nice if they made more of them optional. I have noticed a bit of a slow down in the program responsiveness. It isn't awful, but noticeable. I've done speed tests so I don't think it is my server but I'm not a computer geek so I can't be certain.

Hi Carol, thank you for being a long-time mHelpDesk customer and for taking the time to share your experience. We're proud of our Customer Success team and we're thrilled to hear you've had good experiences with them over the years. As you mention, we are always finding ways to improve the software, and you should see additional improvements in the coming months. Thank you again for your business.

mHelpDesk lacks on the support

Dispatching

Pros

It's quite easy to use, did not take long to get the hang of, but I am also very comfortable with computing and software. You would have to be since the documentations they have only go as far as showing you the default way of doing things. If your business does not follow their model exactly you will be customizing yourself for weeks to come. All-in-all though, the software is functional, no down time, and the servers are pretty quick.

Cons

Ugh, there are several things to dislike. First and foremost, is the customer support. You will wait forever for a response, and when you finally get one, its just that, one. Then you have to wait another 30 mins for them to respond to your next sentence again. We are talking the same conversation here and they have 30 mins between replies. If it's my turn, it's my turn, don't leave every reply...

David -- thank you for the review. I'm sorry to hear that the Quickbooks sync did not go as smoothly as it should have and that you did not have the best experience with our support team. We pride ourselves on focusing on customer support, so I will pass your feedback to that team to see how we can continue improving our service. If you have any other issues with your account please contact our team and we will be happy to help. Thank you for your business!

Schedules/tracking/invoices/estimates

The customer service team is always ready to help! I have searched and it is my belief for the money - you won't do better than mHelpDesk. It has taken our business to a new level.

Pros

This software has enabled me to eliminate one office person. The techs in the field use the app to complete estimates or invoices and then the program integrates with QuickBooks. This has eliminated paper tickets. I like that we can add pictures to a work order as this can be a vital tool for a job. The techs can also input data if they are out of range with their mobiles, this is not an option with other similar software/apps. Additionally, almost all of our invoices are emailed to the customer and that means that I get paid faster!

Cons

The program - for the cost - is about the best you are going to find. It does have a few issues I would like to see resolved. If a customer clicks approval on an estimate it doesn't trigger a notification and I think it should. I am also paying another company to garner, share and post reviews. I think that mHelpDesk can do this. They have all the customer info - it should be a matter of checking a box. The customer service at mHelpDesk is wonderful. They have always tried to assist me with any questions or to resolve any issues.

Hi Margaret, we are happy to hear that mHelpDesk is helping you run your business better! Thank you for the suggestion for adding customer reviews -- we are always looking for ways to improve the product. Thank you for being an mHelpDesk customer!

mHelpDesk a solid tool for MSPs

mHelpDesk has been a welcomed addition to our operations. In vetting the product it was challenging getting accurate information about how we wished to use the tool. We integrate it with QB and use QB Advanced Inventory for our inventory mgmt. It has been challenging getting the functionality we desire from the inventory module through the mHD UI. Since rolling it out, the core functionality is working well. The enhancements specific to our operations have been less successful. The fact that the mHD team is constantly gathering feedback and augmenting functionality makes me more confident that we will eventually be able to use it as we intended to use it from the onset. The forthcoming API is a big part of this.

Pros

Easy association of work orders with easy to produce estimates & invoicing. Customizations are easily achievable via a user facing settings interface which is quite intuitive. Support has been very responsive to our requests. We may not always get the answers we wish we would get but support is quite robust. mHD is always gathering info from the users and adding functionality. We are greatly anticipating the API.

Cons

No API. the user defined fields are just free text fields. You must export a CSV to use the data. It would be much more helpful if when I enter the mileage from the field techs I could then run a mileage report. The customized report interface is lacking. You cannot query the DB directly.

Priority Appliances - Another Happy MHelpDesk Customer !

Overall, the benefits have been great. It allows us to organize our business according to our set-up, rather than shoehorning into someone else's. MHelpDesk has become our bible and effectively helps us run 600 work orders a month to the highest level of customer service we can.

Pros

The software is highly customizeable, and constantly evolving. Our favorite feature is that the programmers always seem to be looking for ways to improve. As a service business, constantly innovating and finding ways to provide a higher level of service to our customers is crucial, so it's it's nice to partner with a company that is always improving themselves. In addition, for the things that MHelpDesk does not (yet) do well, its exporting and reporting features allow us to integrate with other programs seamlessly to mitigate our manual entry. This way we can partner will several systems.

Cons

This is a minor issue. The platform's appearance is a little dated looking, but very functional. It would be nice if there was a way to bulk upload photos, but those are the only complaints we have.

Jeremy, thanks for the feedback. We're glad to hear that mHelpDesk has been helpful for your business. Please continue to let us know if you have issues or ideas -- we're always improving the platform! Thank you for your business.

Just about the easiest system in the world to use!

I researched quite a few different comparable products and this is by far the best. I have a very small business with a staff that HATES technology and change and they are even capable of using this system.

Pros

It's Crazy Easy to use! You can manage your "people" in one spot. I can see my customers and staff's profile in the click of a button. I can organize my techs work by "Jobs" that connect right to their schedules. The estimates are professional and accurate. I can hide details that I don't want to share with my customers on any "template" I need to. It is very easy to customize your templates. You can...

Cons

I wish i could see a real time map view of where my techs are and have been from the online version. They have the option on the app to view a map of where an employee has been that day but I don't think there is a real time map of my people right from the online version. This product is a little expensive for a small business if you have a lot of employees that need to have an account.

mHelpDesk

Always have a great experience when dealing with customer service. I have been helped in a very timely manner with any issues that would pop up.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and was easy to setup. The flow of the customer account is good.

Cons

I do not like the reporting. It is not the easiest reports to pull and when you do, sometimes does not make sense. However, I have not used the reports enough to say they are unworkable.

Rita, thank you for sharing your comments. We're happy to hear that the product is working for your business and that the Customer Support team has been helpful. We'll pass your feedback about the reporting to the product and engineering teams. Thanks for being a customer!

have used for 4 years now

We were much happier with the original version and while we continue to use the software, I still and looking for a new option to try.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use. We mainly use it to create invoices and work orders that we print and send to customers. The customization of forms was great when they helped us initially set it up.

Cons

We acutally loved this product when we first started using it. We used it on a desktop in the office. We were on the original version until they kicked us off and told us it was not longer available. The do not truly think of the people who have to use it on a desktop at all. The font is so light that I literally get a headache each day trying to read it on my 20inch monitor. I have already enlarged...

Property Management user for 5 years

Moved to mHelpdesk from paper work orders. Still using it 5 years later. We don't schedule or invoice jobs, just use the work order function.

Pros

Least clunky work order software we demoed. Easy for service techs to pick up. Good technical support - I think they wrote an update after one of our guys phones stopped displaying the app properly. That was pretty cool.

Cons

Rollout of December '19 update wasn't that smooth. Honestly, most of my complaints are issues that come from being a long-term user and having wrong codes and items from my staff cluttering up the software. Reporting is a little weak.

Exceptional service and software

The software: We are the owners and managers of over 1000 units across Pennsylvania, New jersey and Miami florida. We have been in the business for 17 years now and we are always looking for ways to get better and increase efficiency. I have tried so many maintenance management softwares throughout the years and non of them was able to answer our needs as much as Mhelpdesk. I am now able to monitor...

Pros

Customizable Coloring of the work order type Recurring maintenance Report

Cons

The mobile app needs a serious upgrade! Being able to upload more then one file at a time (picture in particular) bring back the ability to make a contact inactive without having to delete his records. Keeping records is the number one need in real-estate management. There are work arounds but definitely need to be brought back

Customer support is great....in particular if you can get past the service desk to a develper or accont rep

Really need the business unit capability enhanced a bit, and security levels in the system increased (ie added limited user option)...need a few more of this tye of permision, but by business unit *ie geographic region or department...This enables us to grow as a company and not have to look for an alternative system

Pros

ease of use, desktop and mobile app pretty close....like idea of mobile app being focused on field technician, and desktop app can be used by office admin, etc.. I use it for field work order management, and close off the financial transactions for one account and on another account have finalcial transaction turned on. I use both.. I like idea of having both options. I find the tool easy to use,...

Cons

There have been several times when changes made to system (ie enhancements), however there were bugs and it negatively impacted on my operation. Becomes a big problem when you have several hundered users out in the field and there is a bug or functionlity of the system changes. Need much more notice on functionality changes to help with field change management.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.