mHelpDesk Logo

Win more jobs and grow your business with mHelpDesk!

mHelpDesk Reviews

Suggested alternatives

servicetitan
kickserv
synchroteam-com

Easy to navigate, helpful tutorials and responsive in the moment assistance and overall great customer service.
The free trial, the ease of setup and very reasonable price, along with supreme customer support; I could not have asked for a better company and product.
We love the simplicity and straightforward design of this service management solution. QuickBooks integration is a great timesaver.
Very complicated, problems syncing, workflow is horrible, not efficient. Went to cancel after 5 days and was told I couldn't get any of my money back after I had paid for a full month.
No one who works there knows in the ins and outs of the program and they never can give consistent answers. Our company had lost thousands of dollars by implementing this application.
It is an embarrassment to our company when using it in the field and has only been a headache from day one. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE.

Diana R.

Customer Support is excellent!

Pros

It is feature rich for a great price. It is easy to use and has many tutorials (if even needed). The scheduling and invoicing system are terrific.

Cons

The search function is not very good. I'm told it will be upgraded, but it has been quite awhile now.

Stacey A.

Great value and very customizable

Pros

For the pricepoint, it is hard to go wrong here. And while we encountered a few things we couldn't make the system do, neither could Salesforce (and SF wanted 10X the price). We are very happy with out decision for this.

Cons

You have to REALLY think through how you want your workflow, templates, and in particular how you want to name your products and services. It is a headache to go back and change things. Additionally, the search function is painfully slow and counter productive once you get over ~1000 skus. Their database simply can't handle it.

Thanks Stacey--we really appreciate the feedback and your business!

LD

Leslie D.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Worst CRM Of All Time

My experience with MHD has been a headache since day one. Many of the features promised do not work. They try to "trouble shoot" each issue when they arise, but can honestly say they have never actually fixed anything we've had an issue with in the last 10 months we've been using the product. I have not used anything slower since dial up internet. No one at the company can give us a straight answer as to when fixed will be implemented and everyone gives the run around to save themselves. My company speaks with them at least 3 days/wk.

Pros

MHelpDesk has made invoicing easier than what my company used in the past. It also allows all client information to be in one place.

Cons

This is the worst CRM. They have false advertising on their website claiming to be the "fastest, easiest, most powerful field service software." This could not be farther from the truth. Not only is this the SLOWEST software I have ever come into contact with, they also have the worst customer support. No one who works there knows in the ins and outs of the program and they never can give consistent...

Leslie, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're very sorry to hear of the challenges you had using mHelpDesk, and we'll be taking this feedback directly to our product and customer support team so we can work on doing better in the future. This isn't the experience we want our customers to have with our product. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know.

Denise G.

Excellent and efficient business management tool

Pros

I would highly recommend this to those in my network outside of my organization. There are plenty of custom features and the customer service team has been excellent thus far. I love that I am able to track every part of a transaction and interaction with guests and clients.

Cons

The overall user interface is easy to use but could be a bit updated in look and features within the software.

Brandon V.

11-50 employees

This is a game changer for a small business. The efficiency and professionalism will impress.

Pros

The price is great in this will take a small business from looking like a mom-and-pop to start up to a franchise level business operation.

Cons

It's never fun setting up software it wasn't difficult but it was a little bit time consuming. Once everything is set up it pretty much runs itself though.

David L.

Construction, 1-10 employees

mHelpdesk is great for HVAC Companies!

I've used mHelpdesk for about 6 months now and have been very pleased. I have a mid-sized HVAC repair & installation company and I highly recommend mHelp for others in similar lines of work. They've done a nice job of making the system intuitive and speedie(no long lag times). Some systems out there have functionality but don't have the same performance nor extra features. Reporting, Field Invoice processing, customized field creation etc. It has also been very affordable.

Pros

1. Speedie invoicing and collection (24 hr with stripe integration for CCs) 2. Fast reports: I've used other systems where it was very laborious to pull reports. NOT here. 3. Drama FREE: Reliable. Used it for several months with no big data issues

Cons

No big cons just wishes. Definitely would like the capability to do the following. - Flag Bad clients (ie people who didn't pay and should not go back to) - Manage Various levels of service contracts and pay plans - It would certainly help me

thanks for the feedback! we're listening to your requests closely and building new features as fast as possible. Thanks!

Joshua D.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

More features then you'll even likely use

Pros

mHelpDesk is extremely comprehensive, and offers everything you could ask for and more. Keeping track of both projects and dispatching technicians in an efficient and effective manner is crucial for any support shop. mHelpDesk makes tracking inventory, managing contracts, reviewing and revising schedules, and clear and concise workflows a simple and pain free process. The mobile features are also incredibly robust, and allows for technicians and managers to efficiently coordinate from wherever they are.

Cons

Initially there were some roll out issues for my client, but those are expected and were minimal. mHelpDesk support was extremely responsive.

Thank you so much for the feedback Joshua! We appreciate it.

Derrick J.

Computer Hardware,

How MHelpdesk Helps Us

We love mhelpdesk and run all of our tickets, repairs, invoicing, and scheduling. It is one of the only solutions that syncs with Quickbooks Online and is still affordable. I would recommend MHelpdesk to anyone who has a repair type of business. They take your feedback and work on implementing new features that the users want and need. I appreciate that they are willing to continue to develop new features and like feeling like I have a little bit of a say.

Pros

Syncs with Quickbooks Can bill & take payments through email Customer Logins Web page issue submission Repair, Estimate, Invoice, Payment workflow works well for our business

Cons

Everyone once in awhile there is a feature that I wish was available, which I have with anything. I am able to customize to my needs pretty well as is.

Thank you Derrick! Happy that you love Mhelpdesk! For the features you want, make sure to post them on our forum and upvote them. We are working hard on building the best features.

hussein m.

Food Production, 501-1,000 employees

Great program for organizing appointments

Pros

Great software and sending text message alerts to new potential clients was a great feature."Useful that helps us on a daily basis keep track of our estimates and appointments.It was very easy for our employees to use

Cons

It has poor search features, poor customer service, and the response takes a lot of time until your problem is considered.

Carol G.

Management Consulting,

What the App lacks the Support more than makes up for

We're using MHelpdesk with a commercial maintenance & reno company. While implementing the software for my client, I did find a few things that didn't seem to work as I expected/hoped. BUT I have to say the support team was so quick to help me either understand the app better or find alternatives that I have no regrets on our choice.

Pros

Easy to implement including progressive roll out of features being used. Fantastic value Great for facilitating communication/status with customers Easy to learn - for tech and non-tech minded staff & customers

Cons

Somewhat clumsy integration with Quickbooks (or is that just me?) Generating & printing reports could be smoother still

Thanks for the feedback Carol! Give us a call for some help with Quickbooks: 888-558-6275. we'd LOVE to help you out and get this smoothed out. Thanks for being an awesome customer :)

LC

Luis C.

Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

Update to previous review after 3 years

Another really pet peeve that I did not have enough space for under Cons: It's ridiculous right from the beginning and for years now, you can't hide or remove former users you deleted from the Staff List. Anyone you add will be there forever, cluttering up your view of the Staff list. It's things like this, while initially we were very much advocates for mHelpDesk and thought it had a lot of potential,...

Pros

We initially liked this platform because for what we needed it was one of the best values out there at the time. Granted, anything was better than what we had, which came down to mostly notes in a ticket system in our previous CRM.

Cons

Many things have become cons over the years, mostly because we have seen very little improvement from our point of view. It's like development has been minimal at the most. For example, it has some glaringly missing auditing capabilities. A person can assign an Item in a Work Order/Jobs under another person's name, and there is no record of who did it for accountability. The "Items" area is where...

Luis, thanks for the review. We're continuing to make investments in the user experience so be on the lookout for new functionality this year and into the future. We're glad to hear that our Customer Support team has been helpful and that mHelpDesk has been useful for your business. Thanks for being a customer!

EH

Elizabeth H.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

What a Nightmare

They frequently push super buggy updates. For example, the most recent update made the decision to update all of our customer automatically about the status of their tickets via text without our or their consent. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. we reach out to customer service about things they've broken, it takes the better part of 2-3 hours talking to a service agent before they SOMETIMES acknowledge the problem....

Pros

When we started using mHelpdesk about 4 years ago, it was everything we could possibly want. It's only gone downhill since then.

Cons

mHelpdesk forces universal changes on a user without requiring their permission. The longer we've been with the service the more difficult it has become to use. They've taken useful tools away in favor of new "features". We've lost the ability to sort different categories and there's no way to switch it back. Customer service is a nightmare. Fixes for major issues can sometimes take upwards of six months.

Elizabeth - thank you for sharing your concerns. We are sorry to hear that mHelpDesk did not meet your expectations. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

BT

Beth T.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Looks good, doesn't work- waste of time and money

I spent a year shopping for a program, speaking with sales and doing demos. This won out on every aspect. Unfortunately nothing was as it seemed. We spent a lot of time implementing in training, only to find out months later when we started using it regularly that it actually doesn't work. It's like a bad relationship that you can't break up with because you feel you invested too much time into it. However, like a bad relationship you can't let it ruin your life. I lost thousands of dollars, hours of unbillable labor, most recently a client and a very big job because we appear inept (from relying on MHelp). I'm breaking up and moving on. Probably filing reports with the AG and BBB.

Pros

There would be many pros if everything in this app actually worked. It looks good, but clearly it's just packaging. It's glitchy and you won't find out until after spending hours and hours of labor getting it set up

Cons

Client info is frequently deleted so I have to contact clients to get info they've already provided , tax areas changed and deleted so my invoices and estimates will suddenly be wrong and I have to contact clients to let them know their bill/ estimate is incorrect. Text notification of new jobs are blank so they are pointless. Employees cannot connect- with or without internet. "Offline" mode does not work as we can't see any stored info (it doesn't cache). Everything I was told this product does sounded great during the sales pitch, but in actuality none of it actually works . A year and thousands of dollars later, a program that was supposed to make my life easier is running my business into the ground .

OS

Olivia S.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Just about the easiest system in the world to use!

I researched quite a few different comparable products and this is by far the best. I have a very small business with a staff that HATES technology and change and they are even capable of using this system.

Pros

It's Crazy Easy to use! You can manage your "people" in one spot. I can see my customers and staff's profile in the click of a button. I can organize my techs work by "Jobs" that connect right to their schedules. The estimates are professional and accurate. I can hide details that I don't want to share with my customers on any "template" I need to. It is very easy to customize your templates. You can...

Cons

I wish i could see a real time map view of where my techs are and have been from the online version. They have the option on the app to view a map of where an employee has been that day but I don't think there is a real time map of my people right from the online version. This product is a little expensive for a small business if you have a lot of employees that need to have an account.

TC

Tanya C.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

have used for 4 years now

We were much happier with the original version and while we continue to use the software, I still and looking for a new option to try.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use. We mainly use it to create invoices and work orders that we print and send to customers. The customization of forms was great when they helped us initially set it up.

Cons

We acutally loved this product when we first started using it. We used it on a desktop in the office. We were on the original version until they kicked us off and told us it was not longer available. The do not truly think of the people who have to use it on a desktop at all. The font is so light that I literally get a headache each day trying to read it on my 20inch monitor. I have already enlarged...

BP

Barbara P.

This reviewer only left a rating

We provide Information Technology Service and Solutions to home and business users. We pride ourselves on the fact that we deliver service and solutions that solve the headaches that Information Technology can cause, efficiently and professionally. Our solutions are totally managed by our support team made up of inside support technicians and field service technology support teams. Working on solutions...

TS

Tim S.

Mhelpdesk has improved our business in a number of ways

Our business had grown to the point where the typical administrative tasks such as work order management and invoicing were becoming cumbersome. Concerns regarding slowing turn around times on invoice creation and the potential for lost or incomplete work orders drove us to begin reviewing electronic based work order management solutions. Early on we reviewed building something custom (time intensive),...

LC

Luis C.

Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

Best option we found for a Professional Services Automation (PSA) platform.

It does the job we need it to do: a Help Desk for internal and external use and Service management.

Pros

For what it does and the price, it was the best deal we found after having looked at other a dozen alternatives. We hardly use half of what it advertises it can do, but all we needed was a Help Desk and Service Ticket platform for our use as a security systems integrator and MSP provider. Their salesperson was extremely patient and helpful, and hosted multiple webinars for stakeholders who could not all attend at the same time. It's still rough around the edges that we need to tweak, but it's 10 times better than trying to use our CRM to do service tickets like we had been doing.

Cons

The interface has that odd feeling, take-up-the-entire-screen-realestate look that supposedly a websites that have to be "Google search friendly" are forced to contend with. Reporting is weak. Some info on screen like service ticket numbers can't be selected with the mouse for copying and pasting, strangely, and not all information detailed areas are easy to get to. No Salesforce integration, but supposedly that is coming someday soon.

JR

Josh R.

MhelpDesk talks a big game but fails to back it up

A headache

Pros

Customer service department is located in the USA and they have great hours of operation that cater to both West and East Coast

Cons

Fails in every aspect of execution, from set up to customer satisfaction. MhelpDesk was built on empty promises. Ill summarize my experience in a very brief manner to save everyone time. Signed up with MhelpDesk and paid a premium for the premium set-up team to assist in customizing our workflow. Was promised it would be no longer than two weeks but we would strive for 1 week set up time. 1 month...

JA

Jo-Ann L.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Hover feature no longer works!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND this program. As of now, it has made our business less profitable and more difficult to manage

Pros

Scheduling used to be easy and tracking of calls fairly good. We made it work even though we are in Canada, Customer service is there, but mostly their answer is "send us a feedback message" when they try to answer your questions. Imports transactions into Quickbooks

Cons

When you hover over the truncated mini view of the schedule on the calendar it does not automatically open to preview the full extent of the job any longer, which means that you have to open each job to see what it is and try to schedule from there. It's very time consuming and what program doesn't give a preview when you hover over information??? DROPS CUSTOMERS AND PHONE NUMBERS AND HAS TRANSPOSED PHONE NUMBERS AND ADDRESSES, doesn't show current day by highlighting it to know you are working in it to name a few, THEY DROP PROGRAM FEATURES WITHOUT WARNING.

CC

Christopher C.

Mhelpdesk was a LIFESAVER

Having never worked in a service management role before, I was nervous to jump right into my company. During my first year, I learned the ways of our day to day business practices in which we utilized a carbon copy paper system to develop our hand written work orders that contained 3 pages; One for the customer, one for billing and one for our records. Though this system was working adequately, I couldn't...

WH

William H.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

How does mHD hlep me

In general it does quite well, I prefer to use the web based system from my laptop. But the phone is a big help.

Pros

The ability to see all of the customer data.

Cons

The text messages come from different phone numbers so I get voice readouts of the text messages, if they came from a single number or a few numbers it would be easy to block text to voice on them, but there are so many making it quite difficult. I also tried to search based on locale either I did not know how or it was not possible. Also people tend to dump more than just the address data in the address fields, when you go to map the customer location it will not map due to erroneous data. Need to figure out how to just filter the address data, or squawk when someone tries to add more than just the address.

Hi William, thank you for the feedback! We're happy to hear that overall your experience with mHelpDesk has been a good one. Thanks for the specific suggestions about the text messages -- we will pass that to our Product team. In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Thank you for your business!

RK

Raeann K.

Hopes Dashed

At first I was excited to implement this program into our business. I researched for a year before choosing a paperless software. MHelp Desk promised a service mobile app. Their demonstrations were impressive. However, they can't seem to deliver what was promised. I would not recommend this product to any service company. The app may or may not save causing much frustration to my team. No news yet...

Pros

I like the helpful the customer service agents. They really try their best in my opinion.

Cons

I feel that this program and it's designers do not have a clear understanding of the service industry. To market a product and not understand completely your customer base is very frustrating from a consumer perspective. The salesman and the set up agents lead me to believe once our forms were set up this would work wonderfully. I'm very disappointed. We've been using MHelp Desk since March 2016 and we have more issues now then we did during the summer. Like all managers I JUST need this to work. We are in our busy season now and MHelp Desk is falling very short of my expectations. It would be helpful for the staff and programmers to shadow a service company and it's techs to fully understand how to provide the best software.

JG

Joanne G.

Design, 11-50 employees

Terrible Customer Service

Terrible Customer Service from the beginning. They entered all our information for us to get started and then it took months for us to get it the way it would work for us. No help and no consistency. We are going on 2 years and we are still not getting the help or answers we need to get MHD to work for us.

Pros

We were told this would intergrade with sales, proposals, client approval etc. And we are still not getting the proper emails from clients that are approving our proposals.

Cons

Customer Service is terrible. Every time we have an issue, they say they will take care of it and then something else goes wrong. You talk to someone different each time so basically you have to start over and each person you speak with does something or tells you something different. We were told we would have a representative assigned to us to help with our set up and any questions after and you never can get the same person.

JW

Joel W.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Works great for invoicing. Scheduling and clock in features need work

Overall we like Mhelpdesk, but it is not a one stop shop at this point. We use T-sheets to compensate for the clocking in issues which is too bad.

Pros

The customization possibilities for creating estimates and invoices are awesome. Being able to create a price list makes invoicing in the field much easier since you can just add a pre-worded/priced line item to the invoice. Collecting payments also is very easy with the option to email the invoice to a customer and they are able to click a link and pay with a credit card.

Cons

The new clock-in feature still has a lot of bugs. We stopped using it because we had so many issues with it and ended up overpaying some employees. Also the GPS tracking feature is very hit and miss. We ended up using T-sheets for clocking in. Scheduling works pretty well, but we have had issues with the app going offline and employees not realizing it and then looking at the wrong schedule.