Soda PDF Reviews

4.0/5 (45 reviews)

Ken Englander

FREE functionality is very good!

Reviewed 2017-06-07

It gave me the capability to transmit PDF files that are password protected. Also, it provided a PDF print device.

Pros
I needed software to allow me to protect PDF files to prevent opening by an unintended party. I was able to add just the security module . It is also a plus that it includes a PDF print device, especially since I am still using Windows 7.

Cons
Actually there are a few things. 1) It does not remember the directory used for new output files. 2) Highlighting is not included with the FREE functionality. It is with Acrobat Reader. 3) The first time output is directed to the PDF printer, the software is very slow to load.

Edsel Pertile

This is a SCAM

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-09-05

The support team can only tell you that their product does not support the features you try to use. Their billing department is horrible. You may need an act of God in order to cancel your subscription, which in most cases you don't even know that you will have after buying the product.

Pros
Absolutely nothing, It is cumbersome to use and not always provide the output you expect.

Cons
The software had a reasonable price, I decide to buy it to try. The Software is clunk, not intuitive and does not offer all the options Adobe does. The worst part is that I just discovered they are continuously charging me for a sneak renewal, which costs double of the price of the software. There are plenty of bad reviews of this product at PcMag, Amazon, GetApp, and others, so do not be alluded you are buying a good product. It does not worth the trouble.

Response from LULU Software

I am really sorry about the experience you have had. As you know we have already refunded your purchase renewal per your request.
I reviewed your case and I am sorry that you felt you were "scammed". We do our best to make sure that every purchase is as clear and transparent as possible, for example when purchasing we give the option of switching between perpetual and subscription based products, we indicate the subscription on the checkout page. Furthermore, we give a 30 day renewal notification before sending a renewal confirmation email. We will further investigate your case to see how we can do a better job and improve at ensuring that the renewal for all our clients is clear. As for the missing features, we would love to know what we are missing, so that we can improve future development. We are always open to feedback and appreciate our customers, which is why we aim to provide outstanding customer support in any and all instances.

Edo Modun

My preferred PDF viewer and editor

Reviewed 2017-07-26

Documents in PDF are global standard. After experimenting with several solution I found that this one is best solution on the market, for my needs.

Pros
User interface is fantastic. Working speed also. Different options offer solutions for all sort of necessities or problems.

Cons
By my humble opinion, subscription plans are not a model for every software solution. In this case a one-time payment would be something to expect. Slightly heavy on computer resources.

Pamela Crenshaw

Good substitute for Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed 2019-05-01

Overall it's a good product.

Pros
Soda PDF has many good features and is easy to use. I like that we have an option to pay one price versus a monthly subscription.

Cons
Redaction. There is not an option to change the color of the redaction like I can in Adobe Acrobat.

Response from LULU Software

Thanks for the the review. I will forward your feedback regarding the redaction feature to our Development Team.

Dennis A Dussault

Danger Wil Robinson Danger

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-02-04

Pros
Seems like a decent low cost replacement for Adobe Acrobat

Cons
Watch the installation routine, it is a trap. You cannot install the program without approving "Block dangerous and phishing scams" and "Stop websites from tracking you online". It is very suspicious that these cannot be unchecked. Not convinced yet? Read the light grey policy text: "By selecting 'Install Adware Web Companion', I agree to install Adaware Web Companion, set my homepage, new tabs and default search engine to Bing or capatible web browsers, and consent to its End User License Agreement and privacy policy." Make this product more of a scam rather than a product.

Response from LULU Software

Thank you for your feedback. We will forward it to our Marketing department. Just to let you know there is an option to skip the installation of Web Companion. We will make the request to make it more obvious how to skip this installation.

Verónica Marshall

It offers many features

Reviewed 2019-09-29

It is a very important software for my work, since I can correct the mistakes I have made and manipulate all the PDF documents as I wish. I really like the large number of functionalities offered with this software, SODA PDF replaces many other small softwares that offer only one or two of its functionalities.

Pros
It offers an executable software and a very good web interface to handle PDF files. It is a very reliable solution that also allows you to convert to a wide range of file types, edit the content of PDF documents, add digital signatures, add security to documents and even recognize text thanks to its integrated OCR functionality.

Cons
I have no negative points to highlight from this software. I believe that the editing of the text in PDF could be improved, since the edition of the font is not always compatible, so the changes made in the document are noted.

Anonymous

SODA PDF is sell designed and easy to use. One of the best PDF programs available incthe market.

Reviewed 2018-07-17

Creating And editing pdfs is easy with this program. If you are looking for an alternative to adobe reader this is a perfect candidate.

Pros
Soda PDF os a jack of all trades. Its contains all the tools you need in reading, creating and editing PDFs. It is well integrated into programs we use daily like the microsoft office 365. Creating a pdf is as easy as printing your document as pdf.

Cons
The initial 30 day trial would not be enough for your needs. Purchase is necessary but there is nothing that you would not like about this program.

Frédéric GUERIN

Extremely easy to use

Reviewed 2019-03-13

Pros
Very useful product which allows me to merge and edit many of my PDF files

Cons
the limitations set which allows me to download only a certain number of PDF files which i have created

Ana Karina Gómez Fermín

The best for your pdf files

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Pros
Across the years SODA Pdf has keeping the higher level of software uses to read and manage pdf files, because they are pioneers and they always improve, the current version is awesome, because it comes with many tools for edit, modify and send your pdf files.

Cons
I do not have any complain about SODA Pdf it always has been wonderful for me, in the past it has some difficult with large images but now it runs smooth no matter the size of the flles.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Joe Watton

Great PDF manipulation

Reviewed 2016-11-04

How frustrating is it when you need to edit a line of txt in a pdf and have to revert back to the original word document etc. Well Soda PDF is great for these tasks. Merging pdf single pages into a single document. This software is now one of my most used on a daily basis, I find it opens pages quicker than any other pdf reader and having the ability to edit make sit as near to perfect as can be for me.

Pros
Editing of PDFs

Cons
Sometimes crashes my email

Kapil Verma

A nice tool for PDF creation and editing.

Reviewed 2019-04-05

It helps me to create my financial documents in PDF format.

Pros
It is a cloud based program which is the best thing about it. The interfaces of this software is very intuitive and helps users to edit files easily.

Cons
The pricing is slightly on a higher side of smaller businesses. They should offer some better pricing.

Response from LULU Software

Thanks for this nice feedback. I will surely pass it on to our marketing staff.

Orlando Mata

It is a usable software with its own characteristics

Reviewed 2018-06-22

I have been able to open my documents in pdf format in addition to converting text files in this format, protecting it against any threat of plagiarism

Pros
It has a friendly interface, it is specific in its functions, it seems great to be able to highlight or underline texts in the document just by pressing a button in the options menu. I love the transition from one page to another in a document when it is in 3D View. Convert Word documents to PDF without any difficulty

Cons
In general it is an excellent program, however you can not access the option to write texts on the document, The panel on the left side does not have much use if the document does not have signatures, layers or registers

April Shannon CPhT

I ordered the soda software so that I would be able to modify pdf documents without having to retype

Reviewed 2018-06-05

ease of conversion between word and pdf documents.

Pros
I like that the software allows you to convert pdf documents into a variety of formats without having to rewrite content

Cons
When some files are converted they do not maintain the original format meaning the information is sometimes spread all over the place and the file has to be adjusted manually

Ana Matic-Modun

Fantastic PDF editor and viewer

Reviewed 2019-03-25

Exceptionally good PDF editor and viewer, perfect for any occasion and project.

Pros
This program is so packed with features and options that is incredible. Anything that You can think about, there is already implemented in. Ribbon interface is a standard one. Very fast response. PDF editing is so fluid. There are plenty converting options and preferences in general.

Cons
Font management can be better as it takes so much time to open list of fonts. Often is freezing (for a few seconds) with interesting video glitch. More languages would be nice.

Response from LULU Software

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. This motivates our team to keep improving our software.

Regina Hancock

PDF and so much more

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Soda PDF can convert any pdf into very several and everything needed formats in a blink of an eye. Great product that allows for esignatures as well

Pros
Soda PDF is a perfect software tool to use when dealing with PDFs and the need to convert.

Cons
It is not free, but it is worth the minimal fees

Pat Caslin

More affordable than Adobe pdf, but not as good at converting pdfs to Word and especially Excel

Reviewed 2018-07-12

Pros
Features and affordability. The feature set is quite good. It allows for creating pdfs from different document types, editing them (adding/deleting pages), extracting images, and quite a bit more.

Cons
Converting pdfs to Excel. It generates hundreds of columns and the need for some very sophisticated excel formulae to get all the figures aligned vertically, without which the Excel file is barely usable. The Adobe version does a better job of this.

Davin Chahal

Great Product but Needs Refining

Reviewed 2018-12-05

I enjoy the product for it's basic features, but the program could use a little bit more refinement in order to remain competitive to Adobe.

Pros
The price point is good and has many features that work well (ie. merging documents, removing pages etc.)

Cons
I found that the program will often freeze, and cause the PDf to be unusable. This would result in having to restart the program and use the "Repair" function that is built into the program. Unfortunately, I've had to do this several times in the last 2 months. Also, the black friday promotion is a little invasive/annoying as it rolls up your desktop even when the program isn't being used.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Melissa Earnest

Powerful PDF Program -

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-09-11

Pros
I began using Soda PDF, Desktop 10 version, because I wanted a no-cost or low-cost solution to combining pdf pages into one document or to separate one pdf document into separate pages. Soda PDF met those expectations and much more. Soda PDF enables me to create a PDF from a file, my clipboard, or even from a blank. Right on the home page there is a support link as well as a video product tour. It is very well design and user friendly. I had no issues doing what I needed to do.

Cons
Probably what I like the least is just a personal opinion and a concern I have with most software. There seems to be so many features and functions that it would be impossible to learn it all and use it all. That sometimes makes it difficult to grasp exactly what needs to be accessed to get something accomplished.

Tony Genovese

Reliable online PDF software for Business Users

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-01-30

Pros
The best reason why you use Soda PDF is for the online options. It doesn't matter where you are or what computer you are on. No matter what, you are able to securely add, edit, and create the PDFs that you need. Great for business users on the go.

Cons
The licensing options are not geared toward personal use. It seems marketed and priced for the business users. Support is pretty good, but not the best. You can't seem to get a hold of them except thru some restricted business hours.

Cesar A Siso L

Many things to do in your pdf with SODA

Reviewed 2018-03-15

Pros
The amount of functiong that SODA pdf offer for you to edit your files is huge, you can divide, merge, compressed, unlock, protect, sing, export, convert from so many formats and so on, it is very useful, and the process of edition it is very quick and the results is what you are looking for.

Cons
Unfortunately the premium version for me is too expensive, I every time that I have to use the software I have to be connected to the internet.

Anonymous

Watch out Adobe! Soda is on your heels.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-07-06

Love! Try it.

Pros
Before I started using InDesign, I had used this free online software to merge large PDF files into a booklet for our Magazine company. It is very fast to compile your data and create professional looking booklets absolutely free. Also, you can use this online without the need to download software.

Cons
Honestly, I do not have any real complaints. You can download this software if you choose and use it as an overall PDF reader and editor.

Todd Nichols

Glad to find a PDF print / edit solution that works well and easily without lots of configuration

Reviewed 2017-06-29

PDF Edit, Print solutions in desktop and web portal form so they are accessible from both desktop and mobile. It was a really great solution for me and my work environment.

Pros
Its just works. No need to spend lots of time reading manuals or dealing with settings! Other software that I've used requires a lot of manual configuration or just doesn't work. it is a big upgrade from the free products that normally restrict edits.

Maria Brito

IIt is a very easy to use converter, it transforms documents of different formats among themselves.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-06-13

Pros
I can transform the diversity of file formats among themselves, that is, I can transform png, jpg, bmp, word, excel formats, among others, to pdf format and vice versa.

Cons
Sometimes it can take a while to make the conversions according to the size of the file to be transformed and in some cases it could even cancel the conversion, but this is due to the size of the file and the speed of performance of the computer.

Jordan Hollander

Ok product with terrible support - didn't perform as advertised

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-09-07

Pros
Decent UX and ok overall but really bad customer support on simple issues that you shouldnt even have to write in about

Cons
We purchased this to add links to pdfs and found that after spending an hour adding them - when we exported the pdf the links disappeared. Then we wrote into support and they started sending articles about how to remove links from the pdf. Total waste of money for us and very unhappy with the purchase. Support took forever to reply and was very unhelpful on top of this...stay away!

Response from LULU Software

Hi Jordan,

I'm sorry for the bad experience you had. I would like to make this up to you. Can you please send me an email at contact@lulusoftware.com ? I will be able to look at your Soda PDF account and coach the agents that answered you previously.

Sincerely,
Claudia

Anonymous

A great PDF-editing tool, with many features and easy to use

Reviewed 2018-03-09

PDF editing tool at a very competitive price

Pros
Soda PDF is a great product in its category, offer all possible pdf-related funtionality, such as splitting, editing, combining and signing pdfs and is reliable and easy to use. it is also constantly upgraded and improved, making it a good choice for private use and also for company use. It has a desktop version but also a mobile application browser-based, making it a great choice for mobile users.

Cons
the integration with the cloud can be seen as a benefit but in certain cases it can also be seen as a limit, when product features exist exclusively in the cloud then this can be an issue.