The Receptionist for iPad Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.23/10

Reviews by rating

The best thing about this software is the customer support. It is superior and love the personal touch and that you are actually talking to someone live.
The check in process is super important because that's like a first impression, so I love how we can customize it to certain visitors.
Super easy to setup and more cost-effective than the competitors. We tried Envoy and iVisitor and this is a better product.
Our staff is now immediately notified with a delivery is made or a client presents for a session. No more checking the lobby a dozen times.
The only problems we've had, is when there is an apple update, the iPad is not compatible with the iPad Receptionist app. I have to continually delete and re-download the program and printer.

Kelly Elise U.

Founder

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Saves Time & Money.

Transcript

Kelly: I'm Kelly. I'm the owner of Bloom Counseling and Nutrition. We're a group practice of about 13...

DP

Dimitri P.

Trade Officer

Government Administration, 1-10 employees

Consulate of Greece review

Transcript

Dimitri: Hello, my name is Dimitri. I'm the Trade Officer and the Consulate of Greece in Chicago. I'm...

NV

Nicole V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Improved Visitor Process

Pros

This product has improved our visitor sign in process exponentially. It has also allowed us a much better way to track and manage our guests both single and large groups. This software is extremely easy to set up and manage. Whenever I have run into a problem with this software and had to work with their customer support it has always been a wonderful experience. Their support staff is amazing.

Cons

The only complaints that I have are in regards to the printer. There is only one brand of printer that can be used with this system and the quality of the tape roll that is used in not very good. It does not stick well to most fabrics to usually within a few mins the name tag is lost somewhere.

Hi Nicole, Thank you for the wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that our system has helped you in such a material way. I also love hearing your feedback about our support. We take it seriously, and our team will be happy to read your comments. I will pass along your feedback about the printer tape roll to our team as well. We tend to see this happening more with the 'off brand' labels that work with Brother and not Brother's branded labels, as well as old labels. Thanks again! Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

DC

Derek C.

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

TDK-Lambda Americas Inc.

Before choosing iPad Receptionist we tried 3 other major Visitor Management software systems. We downloaded their free trials (typically 30 day) and purchased some equipment (ipad & badge printer) to have real world experience with all of them. Out of all of them, iPad Receptionist was by far the easiest to set up for the administrator of the system. The visitor sign in/sign out and host notification processes are both intuitive and reliable.

Pros

None of the other systems tested came close to being competitive in regard to cost and customer service. Another feature we like is the system is regularly being updated with improvements and more options. The people that we have spoken with and emailed at the company give us a real feeling that they care about your needs as a customer.

Cons

The only issue we have had has been that our badge printer is networked and for some reason it occasionally goes to Wifi mode and badges will not print, but the system still notifies the host.

Hi Derek, Thank you so much for your very nice review! It was a pleasure meeting you last week at the TDK-Lambda facility. It's super impressive what you are doing and great to see so many high-end manufacturing jobs in the US! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@theipadreceptionist.com

FG

Faith G.

Helpful when our receptionist is out!

Pros: Quick notification, easy to understand, nice look Cons: Would like there to be more customization options. Some people like the chat feature, while others don't want to be bothered with that. Some people like a simple message to be displayed to their visitors. It would be nice if we could choose individual functions for each contact.

Cons

Hi Faith, Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are serious about listening to our customers and their feature requests. We frequently release features and our customers say "you actually listened when I asked for that feature, I can't believe it!" We love hearing that feedback. If there is anything we can do differently to earn those 2 extra stars in the Overall Rating please personally let me know! Thanks again, Andy Alsop, President andy@theipadreceptionist.com

JD

Jamie D.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Excellent Investment!

We have eliminated the antiquated pen and ink visitor log by using The Receptionist for iPad. We have freed up time for our Office Administrator to spend on other tasks. Integrating The Receptionist for iPad with our HubSpot account has become a great help to our sales team.

Pros

The notifications feature. We have a lot of visitors come through and if our lobby attendant isn't available, they do not have to wait around for someone to help them. They simply register through the iPad and their contact is notified immediately.

Cons

That the pre-registration feature doesn't work with the touch-free feature. If those two options were "married" it would be a match made in heaven!

JG

Jeff G.

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

Nice sign-in solution

It's slick, and it looks professional up front. Customers are kind of impressed, which is nice.

Pros

We use The Receptionist to allow visitors to sign in (and print visitor badges) on an iPad. It works really well, and notifies our users by SMS and email when they have a guest who has signed in.

Cons

Would really like to see it integrate with UPS, FedEx, and USPS tracking for package arrivals/notifications. This would make it much more useful to us. We're still doing packages on a paper log.

Hi Jeff! Thank you so much for leaving such a fantastic review of our system. I'm happy to hear that you and your customers enjoy the experience. Regarding delivery notifications, have you tried our Delivery Button option to send employees package delivery notifications? Chat with our support team on our website if you have questions. Best, Andy Alsop President & CEO

KH

Kendhal H.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Very easy to use and navigate, excellent price, superb customer service!

Our staff is now immediately notified with a delivery is made or a client presents for a session. No more checking the lobby a dozen times! Our clients also like that the know the therapist has been notified since we do not have a traditional front desk staff.

Pros

I searched for a long time to find a check in system that would work for my office. I tried many systems and ultimately chose the receptionist because it is very easy to set up, allows for multiple offices on the same subscription, was affordable, and allowed for a customized and simple check in process. I also love that we can integrate it with Slack which we use.

Cons

I wish it worked on android devices because those are far less expensive than iPads. I also would like for the company to be willing to sign a BAA for HIPPA compliance. However, we were able to find a workaround to avoid asking for PHI from clients checking in.

Hi Kendhal, thanks for the amazing review! Your feedback is truly appreciated. I'm so glad to hear that you're having an excellent customer service experience with our team, and that you're finding so much value in all the features The Receptionist for iPad offers. Sounds like we've saved you and your staff some time now that they don't have to check the lobby constantly, which is wonderful to hear! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

DB

Deborah B.

Warehousing, 201-500 employees

Reception Ease

Since we no longer have a Receptionist at our Front Desk, we urgently needed something to direct visitors as well as log their visit. The Receptionist for iPad looked like a "User" Friendly option and it has turned out to be a simple way to resolve our issue, without making it too complicated for the visitor.

Pros

Easy steps for setup of visitor checkin/checkout process, convenient retrieval and export of visitor logs. Also like that multiple locations can easily be setup by cloning an existing setup. Excellent customer service which always provides us with fast responses to questions.

Cons

Would like to see the software available for an android tablet as well. Would also like ability for more customizing of visitor buttons using some logic options. Since there is only room for 6 buttons maximum, would be nice if check-in process could be controlled by answers to question(s) that are presented to visitors, which in turn could follow a "what happens next" for that customer type.

Thank you for sharing your feedback! It is extremely valuable, and we take it seriously. Your requests for the product enhancements you mentioned are definitely things we've heard before, and we are exploring these items for future upgrades. Thanks for being an amazing customer! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

KL

Kristopher L.

Less issues compared to other vendors! Support is Grade A. Others have been closer to F.

Pros

Simple setup and configuration compared to other vendors in the similar industry. The web interface is simple enough to get use to.

Cons

Lacking features to compete with higher tier apps in the industry even though they don't execute them that well. Features such as a like an emergency list if a fire occurs with all the people in the building and maybe even procedures/ contact list. The api needs to be able to push data out to other SaaS systems/databases.

Hi Kristopher, I am glad that you have experienced our Radical Support and that we are stacking up well against the competition. Could you please send me your full list of feature requests? As part of our Radical Support we listen very closely to our customers regarding the improvements they think we could make to the software. Safety and evacuation are essential parts of The Receptionist...

Judiciary, 51-200 employees

The Receptionist for iPad- An Efficient Cloud-based Visitor Management System

Pros

The integrated Badge-printer tool which allows badges to be printed for visitors at our organization is my favorite aspects of this software.

Cons

The photo quality needs improvement. In some instances, resolution, and imaging is dark and difficult to identify at times.

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our software! We always strive to get better, and feedback like yours goes a long way. Sometimes, repositioning the iPad to get better lighting helps. We've had a lot of customers get great results when they put the iPad in a place with better lighting, even if it's just rotating it just a bit. If you ever have any issues, we'd love to see if we can help walk you through them as best as we can. Please reach out to me directly or contact our support team through the chat feature on our website or in your admin panel. Have a great day! Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Simple easy to use

As a means to gather a security agreement, it definitely does its job. On top of that, getting the updated notifications helps.

Pros

I think the best part is the notification aspect of the software is pretty convenient. As opposed to just notifications by email, you are able to sync with Slack and have a bot also notify you, which can ensure the host receives the sign in.

Cons

I keep having issues with the badge printer accompanying it. Sometimes the software will print the badge of the guest before the one who is currently signing in. If it prints at all, if not it will have issues.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We really value customer feedback and I'm so happy to hear how useful our notification system is for your team. If you ever have issues with your badge printer, feel free to chat with our team using the orange button at the bottom of our website and we'll be happy to help! -Kayla Hollenbaugh, Digital Campaigns Manager

ME

Mark E.

Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees

Easy to implement and working great!

Really like our implementation. It fits our needs well. The follow up customer service is exceptional.

Pros

Liked the ability to track and meet compliance of visitors. Ability to sign a visitor compliance document was a must.

Cons

Would like a few more design and font options to match our brand. Maybe a background slide show which can be changed as well as a video plays at end of sign in.

VP

Virginia P.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Wonderful College Visit Service

The Receptionist for iPad has been immensely helpful. I have personalized it to maximize the use in my department. Students have no problem using it and our counselors appreciate being notified the minute the student checks in.

Pros

This software has been wonderful for our college visits. It is very self explanatory with a lot of helpful features.

Cons

I only have one complaint with this software. I wish I had the ability to have the notification sent to the counselor the minute the student clicks on their button and not have to wait until they finish the whole check in process.

Hi Virginia, Thanks so much for posting a review about your experience with The Receptionist for iPad! I am so glad that you are enjoying the software. I am including my personal email address. Would you mind sending me an email so that I can understand what problem you are trying to solve by sending the notification immediately? We wait for the visitor to complete filling out the info so that the recipient or company contact has all of the info the visitor completed. Thanks, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

SB

Sarah B.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Game Changer!

The Receptionist has improved customer service and been a life saver for after hours. Our clients feel connected when they walk in the door and can check-in simply at the iPad. Our providers love the notifications, helps them stay on time, and also makes them feel safer knowing who has entered the practice.

Pros

I love that there are multiple features. The most beneficial for us is the check-in. It's eliminated the need to hire another administrative person, yet allows clients and providers to feel connected and informed. The ability to review practice documents and sign them right there on the spot is amazing and simplifies the process for our clients. No need to navigate difficult portals anymore. Also, I love how it sends a copy of the paperwork right to the client.

Cons

Is there a way to have it on a timer so the app can close on its own? Our iPad is on round the clock and it bugs me that we can't shut it off.

CS

Claire S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Good product and great customer service!

Gave our receptionist the freedom of not having to hand-write visitor badges. Overall, it looks better when entering our office, visitors are excited to use it.

Pros

The most valuable thing about The Receptionist is their customer service team. Helped us through every question and issue we've had. The badge printer complements extremely well and was able to easily customize the badges for our company. Management on website is user-friendly, any changes are quickly reflected on mobile app

Cons

Would like language options. Language translation is something we look forward to in the future! IT Department found limited/missing customization abilities for: button size, fonts, background/page image, clock header, layout/location, padding/margins.

Hello Claire! I am so glad you have experienced our Radical Support! Making sure our customers are happy with their experience is a top priority for The Receptionist. I am also happy that you have been able to take advantage of our drag-and-drop badge customization feature. This has proven to be very popular with our customers. I have added your two feature requests to our feature request tracking system. You'll be happy to know that both are high priorities for us. We will update you as we make progress on language localization and additional customization options. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

PD

Paul D.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Very simple and easy to use! It's simplicity results in some limitations, but overall great.

It's great at replacing a paper sign-in sheet allowing us to keep track of who is in the building and maintaining a history.

Pros

Setup and configuration is easy. The interface is professional and polished. Also, it is entirely cloud based!

Cons

With easy comes limitations. Some areas I would like to customize but can't. Also it's multi language support is limited. (That feature is in beta so hopefully it will be improved)

Hi Paul, Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I really appreciate your compliments and candid feedback about the customization options you are interested in. Would you be able to send me an email with details around what customization options you'd like us to implement including how we can improve our multi-lingual feature? I will personally enter your feedback into our feature request system and it will have an impact on the future of our software. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

DT

Diane T.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Great Interactive Tool to Ensure No One Goes Unnoticed

Love it so far. When and if I open my store I will be buying this software and using it. Knowing who is coming, when they are coming, all of these factors need to be considered in the business person's schedule. I think this is a wonderful new software and very user friendly.

Pros

For the free version I've explored so far, it is a great tool!! I am in the process of checking out brick and mortar locations to open my own secondhand store. This software allows for people to check in via their cell phones with Receptionist for iPad and this software can be programmed to notify each person who would be expecting customers and or visitors. No more waiting at an empty desk while someone has to run to the back for a moment. Also a great perk is that this software is multi lingual !!

Cons

I have not yet paid for the "Official" software but from what I have seen from the free offering, this is a marvelous tool for anyone who has an office, and even for people who have a lot of people to be expected at family events!!

Diane, I am glad that your free trial has gone so well. I hope that you will open your store and implement our software to make things more efficient. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

KK

Keith K.

Executive Office, 201-500 employees

Great Money and Time Saver

Great time and money saver.

Pros

It eliminated the cost of an employee and their benefits. It's easy for our guests to use.

Cons

I really have no complaints in regard to this product.

Hi Keith, We're glad that your guests are enjoying an easy check-in experience. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! Best, James Jordan Creative Manager

ED

Erin D.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Overall Great product

We are able to keep track of who is in the building at all times.

Pros

Easy interface to use and creates a quick check in process.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to "Check in" guests who have accidently checked themselves out early on the receptionist website.

Hi Erin! Thank you for leaving this review of our software. I'm glad to hear that our system has helped create some efficiencies in your office and that its been easy to use. Thanks for being a great customer! Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

RG

Robin G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Pros

Receptionist for iPad is great for small businesses and large businesses alike, it provides the opportunity for customers to come in and sign in and be recognized even if the environment is extremely busy. The organization of the clients information, the ability to pre-enter information concerning clients, is advantageous whether you are signing in at the spa or the doctors office.

Cons

It can be frustrating if information is not entered correctly in precisely as the software dependence and operates based on information input.

Hello Robin, Thank you so much for leaving us this wonderful review and so the fantastic perspective you offered. I greatly appreciate it and thank you for being such an amazing customer! Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

TS

Tracy S.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Functionality for ABA Center

Overall experience has been great! I look forward to seeing more changes and options with this.

Pros

It is easy to use. It has a clean sleek appearance.

Cons

I would like for it to connect or for us to include information about our clients so caregivers can verify accuracy, report changes, etc. I would like to see a way this can be used for client sign in/out instead of staff clock in/out. Would like to ensure security features are in place for when we are using for families to sign in and out. There is so many other areas this could be used in.

KA

Katiria A.

Banking, 201-500 employees

Pros

Once I was able to navigate the site, it was very user friendly to customize and comply with our Marketing expectations.

Cons

One con is that the email receipt cannot be customized to say your client's name. This can cause a client who is visiting the bank to think they have received a spoofed or fraud email.

Hi Katiria! Thank you so much for leaving us such a fantastic review! As the Marketing Director here at The Receptionist, I'm especially happy to hear that our system has helped you stay on brand. We are looking at ways to make email customizations more available in future product updates, so hopefully we can continue to meet your needs as we go. Thanks again! Michael Director of Marketing

VM

Vanessa M.

51-200 employees

You'll love it and so will your visitors!

Overall its been a very positive and beneficial experience. Right form my initial enquiries through to testing , customer support and the final implementation it's all been a seamless process. It has increased administration productivity and decreased costs.

Pros

Easy and Intuitive.

Cons

I'm pretty happy with it so nothing really to add here

Vanessa, Thank you for posting your review! Hearing that you have had a great experience with our product and our company is exactly what I hope to hear from our customers. If there is anything we can do for you please don't hesitate to reach out. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@theipadreceptionist.com

Alexander Q.

Excellent for using in a co-working space

Pros

The receptionist keeps our client information in one place and allows for check in and check out to be seamless and intuitive.

Cons

I wish there were more options when it came to the buttons, such as removing a required input field from some buttons. I also wish there were just more customization options.

Hi Alexander! Thanks for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am glad that Workability is enjoying the software. I have entered a feature request regarding more customizations and attached your email address in our feature tracking system. Should we release these features we will notify you directly. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

BT

Betty T.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

The solution to our problem...!

We love our iPad Receptionist. Although it may have some issues here and there (like all software does) the support provided to solving these issues is definitely 5 star...!

Pros

It's so user friendly and easy to set up. Visitors think it's so modern and clever ... they love it!

Cons

Hi Betty, Thank you for posting such a nice review! I am happy that our customers all around the world (including Australia) are happy with our software and service. As I am sure you know, reach out at any time and we're here to help. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@theipadreceptionist.com

ML

Minh L.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Virtual Receptionist on a iPad

It has a very clean and intuitive interface and super easy to deploy.

Pros

The console is online and configurations are applied instantly with the timely chat support within the console.

Cons

No comment. I like all the features so far in our deployments