Avail Logo

Avail

Real estate property management for landlords

Avail Reviews - Page 2

RF

Ruben F.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

This product is a dumpster fire

My experience has been nothing but negative. I don't understand how someone ever thought to ship this product in this state. No I am not going to set up automatic payments. Why would I trust Avail's security back end when their front end app is designed so poorly? Why do I need a third party to leech off of such a simple process when they can't even do it right? The only thing that would save Avail would be to allow payments to process from my account to the landlord's account the same day they are submitted, including weekends and holidays.

Pros

There are no good features. Avail has literally taken something as brain dead as paying rent and added a bunch of barriers to be able to be able to do it efficiently. Their competitors for online payments are PayPal and Venmo or literally a bank transfer. Alternatively if I wanted the inconvenience of blackout payment dates I could use a check.

Cons

For software that is supposed to make payments easy, this does the complete opposite. Rental payments are to be paid on the first. In the classic days of literally just giving your landlord a check this was simple. I write a check, I give it to my landlord, they cash it. We even have new technological improvements such as using PayPal or Venmo to do this all online. Avail has managed to take this simplicity...

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with Avail. We only want to provide the best experience and it sounds like we may have let you down in this instance. We truly appreciate you for taking the time to share your feedback and please let me know if there’s anything we can do to make it right. We’re working to make Avail the best in the industry, so would truly welcome your feedback on where we can improve. Please don’t hesitate to share any additional product feedback or insights on how we can improve and I will share directly with my team for future Avail enhancements. Again, my sincerest apologies; please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help make things better.

KP

Kisha P.

Best Customer Support

There was an issue that a potential tenant when completing his application. He notified me and I called the support number. The person I spoke with went into the system to see what the problem may have been. He told me he would work on it and get back with me. He also said he would contact the potential tenant, which he did. A few hours later I received an email stating they figured out the problem...

Pros

I am a new landlord with 2 properties. I was looking for software that would provide the background and credit check along with an eviction report. Being able to select a lease and add in my clauses for a specific state is a plus. It is also important for my tenants to be able to pay online and through ACH. I also wanted my tenants to be able to submit maintenance requests through the software.

Cons

I just started using it. So far it was fairly easy to set everything up and get the property listed.

Hi Kisha, thank you so much for the review! We genuinely appreciate your feedback and are happy that Avail has been able to help with your rental screening needs. We've put a lot of time into developing a fully comprehensive application and are glad that it has helped with your 2 properties so far! Thank you so much again and please let me know if there's anything else we can assist with. Kind regards, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail.co

TW

Tyler W.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Good features so far

Support has been terrific. Definitely contributes to my impression that Avail is well on its way to having the “Cadillac” identity in landlord management solutions. Nice work with your payment and Leasing setup. Also nice work with much of the marketing tools. Add premium adds (pay for top of list advertising) and syndication to the rest of the online rental sites and you’ll go from a convenient but moderately effective marketing solution to a slam dunk! Or, partner With RentLinx.

Pros

Avail has thoughtfully designed. The features it has work well and they have a more solid foundation in there product than any of the other offerings I explored. Avail has a great product in what feels like a budding market.

Cons

I’m looking forward to Avail tackling some new problems (feature requests): - user selectable widgets on the dashboard, new info options here (time sensitive actions pending in tenant on boarding, maintenance requests, financial performance KPIs, etc) - Kanban style board of maintenance requests - scheduling automation or better yet, partnership with other providers (ShowMojo) - marketing: listing...

Hi Tyler! This is a very very thorough review and we definitely appreciate you taking the time to really break down the areas of improvement. For our team here at Avail, feedback like this is truly invaluable. For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should. And for those areas where we could...

SW

Sherri W.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Best Property Management

Pros

Everything I needed for a property management software to start managing tenants with applications, background checks, upload own leases, deposits, email communications for the property manager to the tenants, maintenance request portal and more, but the best service I've enjoyed has been their awesome customer service team that has been so knowledgeable, patience and very helpful with all my questions. They took so much stress and concerns I had off my mind about using this software. I would highly recommend AVAIL to any other agent or company that's looking for an effective and simple program to use within their property management division.

Cons

Nothing serious. Just a couple of times I experienced a lag in information updating on the screen, but it could have been me (user error).

Hi Sherri, thank you so much for the kind review! We are so happy to hear you had a great experience with the product, and want to be sure to take into account the areas of feedback where we can also improve. In terms of your point about the lag in screen load time, sometimes this can be a connectivity issue. That said, if there's anything I can help out with please feel free to reach out by sending an email to robert@avail.co and I'll do my best to relay that feedback directly to my product team. We are always evaluating the different ways we can continue to provide value to all of our users. More than happy to assist! Kind regards, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail.co

CO

Chris O.

Real Estate, self-employed

Avail simplified my property management function

The greatest benefit has been collecting and depositing rent.

Pros

The software allows for many optional settings to customize how I like it.

Cons

The software does not allow for employees or multiple users with different levels of access.

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I can honestly say that on behalf of the entire Avail team we truly are lucky to have you as a member of the Avail community. We built our platform so the process of renting could become super easy, especially for property owners who have decided to self-manage their portfolio. I've also noted the request to allow multiple employees/users...

OF

Olivier F.

Education Management, self-employed

There are scams on your website !

Pros

Very easy to use and looks fine for landlords, cannot say that for prospective tenants !

Cons

I was looking for a studio to rent. I filled the application as required by your website which looks very trustful. I thought you were doing some background check or at least ID check for the landlords posting offers on your website ! I was victim of a scam, a fake landlord tried to steal me 5,000$ of prepaid rent without allowing me to visit the place, even if I work 10 min away from this studio....

Hi Oliver! Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. I want to take this time to apologize to you for the experience that you reported. Fraud is a common industry issue, and here at Avail we take extra precautions to make sure that fraudulent activity is thoroughly investigated. Scammers are always looking for new...

JB

Javonni B.

Ok, but nothing special.

Pros

Leases, online signing. Rent payments are nice

Cons

Hard to navigate, not very fluid or easy to use.

Hi Javonni, Thank you so much for the honest review -- and I do sincerely apologize that your experience concluded with you feeling as though it wasn't worth it. We've tried to do our best to competitively price our features given that it is a one-stop-shop for everything and we do have different subscription tiers based on the number of units you have. Still, if there were issues with payments...

KY

Kate Y.

Real Estate, self-employed

Avail makes keeping track of our tenants and rentals a piece of cake!

Fantastic customer service, both by phone and live chat. Fairly priced considering other options out there and gives us a great way to export financials to lenders.

Pros

We were able to create leases, send tenants the lease, have tenants enroll in auto-pay, and have tenants sign up for renters insurance all within an hour. Avail also sends you updates as a landlord if the State Laws update, which I didn't think to consider before we started using them.

Cons

Some of the rent scheduling can be glitchy if you need to edit a rent payment for a tenant. The tenant needs to edit and I think the landlord should really be the only one to edit.

Hi Yanov! Robert here I'm a Community Manager with Avail. On behalf of the team, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback! We really do appreciate hearing from valued product users like yourself. We always strive to provide users with the as excellent of an experience as possible. Having said that, it sounds like you may have run into some issues with the scheduling tool....

BM

Bobby M.

Avail review from Landlord

From the beginning, Avail has been a true partner with me.

Pros

The ability to receive rental payments and the ability to go through the process from application to finalized lease makes my job so much easier.

Cons

Some of the graphics and icons can be confusing.

Hi Bobby, thank you so much for the honest review of Avail. We love to hear that you're enjoying using our payments features for your rent collection needs, as well as our lease creation tool. I also want to be sure to acknowledge the areas where the experience could potentially be improved. We should always aim to make this a better experience from our customers. Our design and product teams have...

JP

Joshua P.

Military, self-employed

Avail Offers Great Features at an Amazingly Low Price!

My interaction with Avail personnel has been great. I had a phone conversation with someone prior to upgrading my account and they were very helpful, explaining all of the differences that existed.

Pros

Avail does a great job presenting you with all of the relevant information for you to make decisions as a landlord. The website is easy to use and nearly all of the features are free to use for a single rental unit, although I easily justified the Pro account due to the Credit Boost feature that it offered. Overall a great product!

Cons

There was nothing that I found that I did not like about the software.

Hi Joshua, Robert here I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, thank you for the honest review of Avail. We definitely aim to make a great first and lasting impression, while also acknowledging areas for improvement so we can continue to make the product experience that much better. I'll definitely relay your feedback to our product team and dev team! Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're always here as a resource for you! Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

CC

Cynthia C.

Avail Review

Overall I am pleased with the processes in place, they give me the ability to refer to AVAIL as my management service company when speaking to the tenants.

Pros

The ability to remove ourselves from the money collection piece of the tenancies.

Cons

The Reporting module is weak, whomever designed the options doesn't seem to know what kinds of information or trends a landlord or accountant would need, and the data they are looking for. The format they comes out in requires too much time to get to a usable spreadsheet.

Hi Cynthia, Robert here. I'm Avail's Community Manager and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, I wanted to apologize for any difficulty you've experienced using your account. As you've noted, there are some added benefits of having more beefed up accounting features. We are making a lot of changes to the platform, yet we still want to keep it within...

JS

Jacqueline S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great software for property management

I've been able to easily manage my out of state properties with the help and ease of Avail. The maintenance communication layout has allowed me to better track and manage maintenance requests and their associated costs. Additionally it's offered a great platform for managing an e-signed lease agreement.

Pros

Avail is perfect for small property management teams with the ease of marketing your rental through their site, reviewing applications and general tenant screening, creating a lease agreement and tenant maintenance requests. All of these features are easy to use and the overall lay out of the site is user friendly and well displayed.

Cons

The only con I run into with this software is that the automated emails that go out to applicants and tenants do not include an option to cc or bcc the landlord.

Hi Jacqueline, Robert here I'm one of our resident Community Managers and I first just wanted to say thank you so much for the thoughtful review. Reviews like yours mean a lot to us; it helps landlords all over the country who are looking for a new rental business solution to find us. As you noted, we are meant for small DIY landlords (and their teams) and we've tried to think through developing...

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

The Most Amazing Landlord Software Ever

I love Avail, it saved me the trouble of dealing with the issue of charging my tenant late fee when she forgot to pay rent on time. It's great to document all the maintenance activities and the rent record.

Pros

Easy to navigate, very considerate for the landlord.

Cons

I wish there will be an app for this!!!!

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We definitely want to make the rental process easier for landlords and tenants. Our co-founders set out with the goal of making this process easier, so to hear that type of feedback in a review like yours really does make it all worth it. As for a mobile app, that is definitely on our product roadmap. In the meantime, our website is optimized for mobile device usage so your tenants can easily access it from their mobile device's web browser. Again, I can't begin to thank you enough for the kind words! If there's anything we can help out with, please feel free to reach out! Best, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

SM

Shaina M.

Retail, self-employed

A must have for rental owners and managers!

So far the customer service and support has been great. Any time I need anything or have a question the team has gotten back to me quickly. Easy to use and has really improved my ability to manage my rental.

Pros

This software adds ease to both the start of the rental process (application review and acceptance) as well as ongoing support of the rental. It allows for electronic payment collection and can allow for multiple payers for a single unit to take out the guesswork of who still needs to pay and removes the need for one tenant to carry the burden of payments. This software allows for customization of what is required, how payments are processed and tickets that can be cut and addressed in the portal.

Cons

There are some additions that could improve the software including integration of payments to utilities and auto payment requests, addition of an app for on the go management.

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, Shaina! Our co-founders set out with the goal of making this process easier, so to hear that type of feedback in a review like yours really does make it all worth it. As for integration of payments to utilities and auto payment requests, just to clarify there are some things that we make standard in order to give landlords more flexibility. Since utility...

eD

eric D.

Avail Review

Good

Pros

I'm currently advertising a property for rent so I'm using the marketing website for the 1st time and I'm getting tons of interest because of the multiple websites my ad is being put on. Every time I had an issue or perceived issue I reached out to the support group and was almost immediately directed on how to fix the problem.

Cons

I don't really have any cons at this time.

Hi Eric! Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. Believe me when I say that this is something we take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will love for years to come. Many DIY landlords join Avail for the very reasons you mentioned, and as we continue to add more tools to the platform, reviews like yours play a central part to exploring how we can make things better. If you have any questions or need help within your account never hesitate to reach out to us; we're here as a resource for you! - Kindly, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail

AF

Amgad F.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Great enabler

Is was one of the very first adaptors it enabled me to expand my business beyond what I could have without it

Pros

Designed with small business rental property owners in mind, full cycle management from advertising and listing to deposit rent and submit service requests

Cons

Lack of mobile app, but the internet application is mobile friendly

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, Amgad! We definitely want to make the rental process easier for landlords and tenants. Our co-founders set out with the goal of making this process easier, so to hear that type of feedback in a review like yours really does make it all worth it. As for a mobile app, that is definitely on our product roadmap. In the meantime, our website is optimized for mobile device usage so your tenants can easily access it from their mobile device's web browser. Again, I can't begin to thank you enough for the kind words! If there's anything we can help out with, please feel free to reach out! Best, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

Ashanti C.

Easing the Process for First Time Landlords

Avail has been extremely easy to use and their customer service team is very helpful. I’ve had very little issues with the software and the monthly price is highly reasonable.

Pros

I love the fact that I can upload my Own lease. While I enjoy the option to create a lease using the template provided by Avail, I love being able to truly customize my lease.

Cons

I wish the software provided a document folder for each listing. There are other documents outside of the lease that associated with a rental and it’d be useful to be able to store all of the documents in one place.

Hi Ashanti, Thank you so much for the thoughtful review. I can't begin to thank you enough! For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should. We've taken a lot of time to really think through the tools that we offer and it is awesome to hear that a valued customer like you has had a positive experience...

FT

Frank T.

Legislative Office, 501-1,000 employees

Enlightening Service

The knowledge and database of forms Avail offers is invaluable. It is generally easy to use and takes much of the " guesswork " out of selecting and using proper forms for the daily running of property management . It is a definite " Must Have " for any Property Owner or Manager. Thank you Avail.

Pros

I truly appreciate the vast database of documents available at Avail. The standard forms are there for the user and the ability to add your own rules and clauses is incredibly helpful. There's no need to worry about standard language or which form is correct for your region. Avail takes care of that from the start. It's uniquely foolproof. Thank you Avail.

Cons

I do wish there were an easier way to finalize a document and save it to a hard drive. It seems the only way to view a " finished " document is to email it to an account you have access to. If there's something I'm missing I'd like to be made aware of a different procedure.... If not, then I do hope Avail makes a simpler process for viewing finished documents available in the future.

Hi Frank, Thank you so much for the honest feedback! A review like yours is going to help in a big way. As we work towards a stronger product offering, the best way for us to improve is to take the genuine, honest feedback that we receive into consideration. I'll definitely be sure to get this information over to my Product team. Thank you so much again and please know that we are here as a resource for you! Kindly, Robert B. Community Manager @ Avail.co

AO

Allyson O.

My landlord experience using Avail

I had a small problem when I accepted an application from a tenant. Somehow they made a duplicate application. But avail customer service jumped right in and helped the tenant and myself to resolve it quickly. I've asked for technical help a couple of times and they always get back to me shortly.

Pros

I can easily see maintenance request previous leases and a payment history then I'm able to print off for taxes. The software is just easy to navigate.

Cons

Nothing. Everything has gone well. I can't say I've had any issues that would be negative in over a year.

Hi Allyson, thanks for the kind review of Avail. We love to hear that you've had a smooth experience. We've put a lot of thought and time into developing resources for landlords and renters nationwide, and are super thrilled to hear that not only have our maintenance tool and lease templates been helpful, but also that you're finding value in our payments tool and accounting features. (We really want to make things easier for when tax season comes around!) Please let us know if there's anything else that we can help out with. Always happy to be a resource for you! Kind regards, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail.co

JW

Joseph W.

Public Safety, 1,001-5,000 employees

Aail is a very useful product with just a few minor glitches

I am managing three rental houses with Avail. I have had only minor issues that have been resolved quickly through customer service. The system works as advertised with very few hiccups.

Pros

Tracking of received monies as well as tracking of maintenance issues

Cons

Inability to personally customize. There are a few areas that I would like to change or add options

Hi Joseph! My name is Robert and I'm one of the dedicated Community Managers here at Avail. I wanted to follow-up to say thank you so so much for being a valued Avail user (and thank you for the honest review)! As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for); and while I know that additional customization features are on our product...

MB

Mike B.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Great rental mgnt software

Easy to buy, set up and use. 8 out of 10.

Pros

Simple to set up Great lease set up and legal advise. Easy for tenants to pay their rent.

Cons

No repair person setup for tenants to call when repairs are needed.

Hi Mike, Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, thank you so much for leaving such a thorough review of our product. We are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), and a review like yours really helps our team to move the product in the right...

MR

Monisha R.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Best organized landlord/tenant portal I've used

Fantastic! After years of having landlords require physical rent checks, this has definitely improved my life.

Pros

Really clear layout in the interface, great use of color scheme to make sections/action items seem intuitive. Very smooth "motion" operation (clicking things has a very effortless flow, vs. blocky). Visually pleasing while covering all the necessities.

Cons

Once my rent auto-payment has been "authorized" - but before it's been deposited - there is no way from the tenant side to cancel the payment (that I can tell, anyways). My living period in my unit ended a month early, so I wanted a way to cancel my auto-payment since it hadn't gone all the way through yet to withdrawal/deposit, but there doesn't appear to be a good way to do this vs. just waiting for the payment to clear and having the landlord refund. The payment had just been authorized the night before, so pretty quick turnaround. Super minor thing though! Everything else has been perfect.

Hi Monisha, Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers and I wanted to follow up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, thank you for the honest review. This feedback will help a lot of other landlords to find Avail as their preferred rental management solution. In terms of the rent auto-payment being authorized - I definitely will provide this feedback to the Product...

JJ

Jill J.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

It's always nice when you're using the internet to be able to speak to a human. The Humans at avail

Avail is great. Working with affiliate sites -- is non productive and a waste of time. TIME IS EXPENSIVE. I don't have time to deal with sites that it is impossible to have contact the managers. IT'S very frustrating for me and the people who are trying to contact me. People keep clicking on every picture that's nice and then have no idea who I am when I respond to them. I would much rather just deal with Avail -- and not have to put up with the aggravation of dealing with the others. STRESS LIKE THIS TAKES A TOLL.

Pros

I hate this software. It's clearly not customized for Avail ... It keeps saying things like .... "what do like about this product. PRODUCT?????? Avail IS NOT A PRODUCT!! IT'S A SERVICE. They're not selling beans, people.

Cons

The connections with other rental agencies pretty much suck. I got emails from people on affiliate sites, stating that my responses to them got cut off by there software and were useless. I think "Hotpads" was the affiliate. The thing that I hate about this software is the the inflexibility of responses. I have one bedroom for rent in a fabulous four bedroom townhouse. These is no way to convey this due to inflexible auto sites' programs.

VN

Vikram N.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great

Pros

I like the customer services response with any questions . Ease of use .

Cons

If you can add accounting software along with it and provide direct schedule E form for reporting. If Rent ACH transfer time come down.

Hi Vikram! Robert here? I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you so so much for being a valued Avail user (and thank you for the honest review)! As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for); and while I know that additional accounting features are on our product roadmap, I don't have...

MA

MARCUS A.

Property management made easier

I love the product

Pros

Easy to receive payments and track all payments

Cons

Apartment pay twice same. Andress but pay twice a

Marcus, Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I can honestly say that on behalf of the entire Avail team, we truly are lucky to have you as a member of the Avail community. We built our platform so the process of renting could be super easy, especially for property owners who have decided to self-manage their REI portfolio. In regards to any difficulties you may have experienced when...