Class Manager Logo

Class administration software for dance studios and clubs

Class Manager Reviews

Suggested alternatives

teamup
glofox
wellnessliving

The ease of use for both staff and customers has been amazing compared to a program that was used last year. Everyone loves the invoicing look and ease of payment.
Time saving, easy, accessible, good for team, good for parents, great for registers, free trials and peace of mind and efficiency.
Anything I need/that is missing to the software, I contact them and within a couple of weeks (or months, depending on the complexity) it is added to the software.
There's a few annoying niggly features - for example, when you try to go back a page it will take you to the beginning of an entire list rather than just the beginning of the page you were on.
The only downside is that is doesn't work well with Safari so I have to use Google Chrome to run.

AK

Aditya K.

Executive

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Extremely user friendly and comparatively reasonable!

KB

Kirsty B.

Class Manager Review

Class Manager has dropped my paperwork hours from a couple every evening to simply an hour once a week. With also the ease of use on my phone, I can respond to a parent within seconds rather than having to search through files to find the answer or set them up. New parents can also sign up within seconds and take a look at trial classes without the need of handing out numerous forms for them to fill in

Pros

Very versatile across many devices. Very easy to create and add classes for a new season. Creating and sending invoices/orders is a breeze. Great customer service

Cons

A link for a list of the latest parent enrolments to classes and seasons as you don’t get notified if someone has enrolled.

kc

kirsty c.

Constantly evolving

Very positive

Pros

The customer service is amazing. Really helpful and quick to reply. As it is still relatively new they are constantly evolving and improving and take on board suggestions and want to work with the customers to make it the best platform possible. It has made invoicing and chasing invoices up SO much easier. Massive time saver and now you can add products onto orders=even better

Cons

Eg if I was looking at 100 invoices and I got half way through the list and went on one to look at it, if I then clicked back it would take me to the beginning of the list again which can be frustrating!

MH

Mark H.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Used since launch - this has improved overtime

generally a positive one however further updates needed to improve ease of use and functionality as it can make more admin work by keeping ontop of it.

Pros

I enjoy how some of the requested updates gone in and the bills being sent by email

Cons

It still needs a grouping system for classes for students who pay a monthly fee it would save hours of admin time and make time tabling alot easier I have requested this since product launch as not all schools charge per lesson. The discount system is not fit for this purpose No download able app with push notifications for bulletins etc... all done of weblinks which is increasing difficult to get parents to use and check regular

IB

Ignus B.

Exceptional Organisation

Class Manager is a joy to use and have transformed, TRANSFORMED, the way we operate. And this is not an empty phrase, it genuinely feels like a little family. Their Facebook community is super supportive and adds to the family feel. Well done [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Class Manager is by far the best software we trialed, primarily due to the fact that their team is exceptionally customer oriented. We ask, they make the changed, sometimes within the day. It does everything we need it to, it's user friendly, current and much cheaper than competitors. There are no hidden charges, none! Setup way a doddle and a joy. They also have the most amazing integration with Zoom, life saver!

Cons

There are hardly any aspects we don't find useful. It took us a few days to get our heads around the idea of classes and lessons being separate but we've got it now. This may have been due to having to adapt to online lessons due to lockdown.

LM

Laura M.

Performing Arts, self-employed

Life made easy

The customer service is an absolute dream, the platform is simple and ease to use.

Pros

Class Manager has a simple clean layout that is very easy to navigate around. It covers all the main features required to run a studio. They are constantly innovating and adding new features which is amazing.

Cons

There are a few functions that are not available yet, such as text messages and instant payment for enrolment. However I know are working hard to develop.

LN

Lisa N.

Easy to use system

Customer service is excellent. I did have a couple of issues initially and these were dealt with quickly and effectively.

Pros

I love how easy class manager is to use, everything I need to organise my classes from registers to invoices is all in one place. I like how parents can set themselves up as a customer making it less work for myself.

Cons

The policies section could be more user friendly as I found this quite difficult during the initial set up.

KM

Kelly M.

Class manager review

The help and support that they give you is brilliant. I love that they listen to their clients and evolve the system based on needs. I also like that it’s a fixed fee and that you are not penalised for having more clients or wanting to use all aspects of the system.

Pros

Being able to send invoices at the click of a button, clients able to access their area for all information, able to send an email to everyone easily

Cons

You can’t put a class on hold you have to change dates and archive it. If you no longer have certain clients involved in classes even if you do an email to everyone they still come up on the email.

GS

Gemma S.

Customer Service Second to None

It’s made my admin much easier and cut the time down substantially. You can quickly and easily see how much you are owed in fees and who has and hasn’t paid which makes things much easier. You can also quickly and easily chase up outstanding invoices.

Pros

The instant access to a human customer service agent via the online chat is without a doubt the best out there! Any issues, questions or problems are sorted quickly and easily.

Cons

Some of the features are difficult to get your head around at first. Not very obvious. But once you understand it, it’s much better. Also some things you would like to do for everything, you have to do individually. But again, once it’s done once, you can copy it month by month.

EC

Emma C.

Never going back !

Excellent , it’s made the move to online learning so much easier and we now have all our info stored somewhere central that we can Access and the calendar and other administrative tools have made us look much more professional and organised so we can get on with the fun creative stuff !

Pros

Ease of use for parents and staff . Prior to class manager we had no way of knowing if our messages were being read and acted on. The daily email reminder for zoom classes ensures we are reaching our students and parents . The customer support has been excellent !

Cons

When composing an email I sometimes would loose my progress if I forgot to save draft when opening other windows

Isael Alexander M.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

The most stable t virtual training platform

Pros

What struck me the most about this platform is its ease of use and how stable it is, as well as how easy it is for students to adapt to it.

Cons

I feel like it can be a little less expensive

CF

Courtney F.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Its a Class Act

We have been very pleased with our overall experience thus far. The customer service is unmatched by any other company we have worked with, your eagerness and willingness to adapt to the needs of your customers and the changes we are seeing in the world are commendable and have greatly benefited our unplanned pivot to the online teaching world. While we haven't quite seen the benefit yet on the administrative front, implementation of the new system hadn't fully taken place when we went into lockdown so we still have a few things to integrate before September that should be helpful.

Pros

The feature I have appreciated the most is customer service. Whether you have emailed, messaged or interacted over Facebook, the customer service team is always willing and able to answer. The team has gone to great lengths to assist us and has even been able to expedite rolling out software features based on our individualised needs. They are very open to constructive criticism and feedback in an effort to improve upon their software and service for the betterment of their various clients and the administrative ease that we are all so desperately in need of.

Cons

There are a variety of features that have not yet been introduced that unfortunately have made the ease of use for myself and our team a little more difficult than we'd anticipated. Our old system was built using Google Drive which apart from the email integration, invoicing capabilities and security we felt worked quite well for us but we wanted something that would be more professional and would...

MP

Mariona P.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Has saved me so much time!

I am very happy with it and the costumer service has always been great answering all my questions and taking on my feedback during development process. I believe this app is great for my business and has saved me a lot of time, specially when I didn't have the budget to hire people to help me with admin work. I believe in the capacity of this team to keep developing an app that it is up to date and keeps offering smart solutions to businesses like mine. I hope they develop a phone App version in the future for parents and studio owners .

Pros

I like how user friendly the software is and the fact that it suits perfectly the nature of my business (dance school). I am able to coordinate classes, teachers, costumer data base, communication with costumers, invoicing system and merchandising orders all in one. It has saved me a lot of time with spreadsheets and I know the information I store from my costumers and business is safe and protected.

Cons

I joined this software at the initial stage of its development, I was one of the business who was part of the trial period. Obviously the software has some minor issues at the beginning and didn't offer all the potential it had at that stage. I had to wait for some features to be developed but they always delivered what they promised they were going to add to the App. Class Manager listened to their costumers's feedback and have always been very effective and proactive correcting and adding new features to the app. For example, they were extremely reactive to add online classes feature when the Covid-19 started.

RM

Rachel M.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Class Manager has changed my life!

I love that there is no more paper work and that parents / guardians are able to update their information easily. I also love the direct messaging function, meaning that emails don't get lost anymore.

Pros

I have tried many different programmes to help with the running of my performing arts business, but generally have found them either very complicated to understand and use, lacked certain functionality, or were to expensive to go forward. I was recommended Class Manager by a colleague who uses it for her own dance school and immediately I knew this was the software for me. I started with the free trial...

Cons

Nothing has come up to date. When I spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] he explained that a few functions were still to happen i.e texting function, so even though some functions may not be fully working the team are working hard to resolve it.

DE

Danielle Emily S.

Performing Arts, self-employed

Excellent product

Excellent experience great customer service

Pros

I love the fact it is so easy to create seasons, charge for classes and access information quickly

Cons

I would like a better app to use one that mirrors the website exactly

RL

Rachel L.

100% perfect!

I have been using them since they launched, they have listened to feedback, customer suggestions and respond to anything so quickly. Excellent service and so easy to use.

Pros

The most useful feature for me is invoicing and payments using stripe. Before using class manager I would spend hours of my week creating invoices for parents and chasing up payments. Class manager generates all these for you and cut down admin time by more than half. I also really like the messages feature, being able to quickly communicate with parents in an official capacity. Being able to communicate with just one class, the whole school, or selective parents, And the new feature to see if email have been read and how many times is an absolutely game changer!

Cons

I honestly don’t think I could say anything bad about class manager, I have never had any problems that haven’t been resolved and were usually my own fault anyway!

MH

Melissa H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Excellent product and support team

The support from the team has been amazing since we took on Class Manager. Previously we had done everything manually and via paper copies, but the COVID year has driven us to do things differently and Class Manager has really helped with this. The team have been brilliant at answering questions and the facebook group has been great for sharing tips and getting quick responses

Pros

Class Manager is so easy to use and follows a common sense / logical approach. The ability to plan classes for multiple teachers, venues and genres has revolutionised the way we can manage classes. The links to be able to electronically take the register and have it updated in real time has been invaluable (especially over the last year!), and being able to invoice in one easy click has been amazing. Our outstanding fees have never been so small and this has been driven by how easy the system is to use for both the staff and the parents.

Cons

I'd like the ability to print off a timetable from the system. I might be missing something, but a calendar that can be printed off would be really helpful as sometimes you just need to see the overall picture to pick out the clashes!

GW

Gemma W.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Simple and Affordable

I’ve had no problems. I’ve been with them from the start and it’s made my life so much easier and saved me hours and hours of admin time

Pros

I love that I can use this software on multiple devices wherever I am in the world. I can coordinate with my team and customers with ease- and can see at a glance what invoices, registers etc are outstanding. Customer service is amazing too- so any problems, I know somebody will help me

Cons

Sometimes, when using a new feature it’s not always obvious but once I’ve done it, it’s easy and quicker the next time. It’s not really a con as actually CM are always improving and adding to their package so it’s better value all the time.

LT

Letisha T.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Exactly what I needed

Can’t say how happy I am with with this product after using a competitor who seemed to be “a jack of all trades and a master of none”

Pros

Love the ease of it, the features that don’t cost extra except credit for texting which I find perfectly acceptable because I control how much I purchase for what I use, customer service, the way classes are automatically archived and the copy class feature is amazing

Cons

At the start there weren’t all the features I needed but it certainly has it now.

NN

Naomi N.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Gives me more time, more money, less stress!

The team have been friendly, approachable and always happy to help. They keep me updated on all updates; even those still in development, so we can comment and be involved in the process. They really do put the users at the heart of everything they do.

Pros

Class manager is user-friendly and easy for even the most basic of IT users. Whenever I may have been confused, I just contact one of the team and they are always quick and happy to help! This saves me so much admin time and is so reasonably priced for the large amount of work it does!

Cons

Nothing! It really is amazing stuff! The team are constantly listening to users and adding new aspects to the software constantly. Everything I’ve wanted for my dance school, they have provided. Even during these challenging times of covid-19, they have given dance school owners a range of items that have helped us throughout to continue working productively online.

JC

Jaclyn C.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Amazing Software! Fabulous Customer Service!

Pros

Class Manager is incredibly easy to use. From the moment you login it is all very straightforward and logical, making it very easy to adapt to my business. The customer service is second to none, with any issues dealt with in a friendly and timely manner. The cost is absolutely justifiable and I would honestly never use another dance software again.

Cons

There are a few features that are not yet available such as accounting software integration, however the rate at which new features are added is incredibly quick, so I expect any missing features are always just around the corner.

NS

Nina S.

Education Management, self-employed

Class manager - very helpful for my business

Excellent. Always quick to answer any questions. And I'm not great at tech so I had a lot of questions to start with all of which were answered v quickly and sorted. Great live demo too so I learnt with someone talking me through it rather than having to work it out for myself.

Pros

Being able to see/edit all my classes at once and change as pupils join/leave. It saves a lot of time and keeps everything looking organised. Also being able to see at a glance who's paid, who's yet to pay, being able to send gentle reminders to parents at a click of a button rather than sending out individual emails. This all saves a lot of time and makes everything seem more professional. It has meant I can get on with planning my lessons and spend less time on my admin.

Cons

The only negative would be inputting dates of birth for my students, it was tricky to do at first as I think it was in the opposite to the UK setting but I believe that's changed now.

HO

Hayley O.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Class Manager is just BRILLIANT

Pros

Class Manager is just BRILLIANT. They are so responsive to feedback and the ever-changing needs of their clients. They are personable, professional and the software is fantastic. I’ve used 2 others and this is by far the best and the cheapest! Don’t hesitate! xx

Cons

When I started it was new and needed a few extra things - but the team IMMEDIATELY implemented them after feedback.

KS

Karren S.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Excellent product

Its been really positive and easy to use

Pros

Cons

I think there is a few things to make life easier such as making modification to invoices once a person has paid.

LL

Liz L.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great for the price

Super easy to deal with, the time delay as they are in the UK is something to get used to but for the price we are dealing with that. Everything we have asked has been health with or explained which is lovely.

Pros

Class manager is an easy to use software that helps our studio run efficiently without costing a fortune

Cons

There are always options that we would love to have but the team at class manager are always updating new features on requests taken. Sometimes its a little clunky heading back into some screens but again they are working on improvements all the time

JD

Jessica D.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Great software… fabulous customer service and help

Class manager is the full package! We run all of our scheduling and customer management through it. It’s fabulous for booking trial classes for new customers too!

Pros

Class manager helped us to manage the rapid growth of our studio with ease! It has so many fabulous features… we would be lost without it!

Cons

There is nothing that comes to mind… it’s great!