Hoopla

Cloud-based sales motivation & employee engagement platform

Hoopla Reviews

Pros

We have used Hoopla for a few years and have had a great experience. Their customer support is very proactive and willing to help us maximize our utilization.

Jason H.

Ve been using Hoopla now for the past 6 to 12 months and absolutely love it. It has been an awesome way for me and my family to access Books from our local library.

Andrew H.

It's easy to use and provides amazing opportunities.

Julia M.

Cons

Hate they limit how many audiobooks you can get per month. I listen to audiobooks constantly and with limit of four per month I have to go to downloading them from library or my kindle.

Aisha-Kimberly H.

Hard to individualised notifications for each rep.

It works well for a large sales team but maybe not as well for a smaller one.

4.6

A wonderful local library tool!

I’ve been using Hoopla now for the past 6 to 12 months and absolutely love it. It has been an awesome way for me and my family to access Books from our local library. It’s especially helpful for listening to audiobooks while on road trips.

Pros

I love that I can access my local library through my Hoopla app. It’s seriously awesome! Ebooks, audiobooks, music and movies can be accessed through the app if you have a local library card.

Cons

You cannot highlight in your borrowed Hoopla books, just like you should highlight in your library books. You also cannot copy, paste or share text from the books.

Keeps sales team engaged and energetic

Pros

We have been using hoopla to get the sales team more engaged. Love how a rep can directly call someone else out to compete. Helps drive the competition between the sales team and the music and pictures you can add in are great as well. Since implementing I have noticed our team get more driven in setting goals and competing to beat each other. The gifs are fun too and when someone closes a deal they get to hear the song of their choice and their face light up across every tv in the company.

Cons

I have no cons for this. It works well for a large sales team but maybe not as well for a smaller one

Best Place to Read Graphic Novels

Hoopla is awesome and I look forward to using it more in the future.

Pros

I use Hoopla through the Indianapolis Public Library and I love it! While there are music and movies that are available, I mostly use it to read graphic novels. It is easily one the best places to read graphic novels on a tablet without paying for a monthly subscription.

Cons

I wish I could use it on my Roku smart TV, to watch movies. That would really expand me use of the program.

Good idea but lacking in development

It's good for a small office to visually track sales and performance but limited in the data that can be shown. Slow development has lead to other providers being a better option in my opinion.

Pros

I like how easy it was to jump into Hoopla and begin using it, especially that you can feed it from a google sheet/excel. Adding in the users was very easy and training was simple

Cons

Sometimes it refuses to update and it is not in live time if not linked to a CRM system If would freeze on occasion It's quite expensive in comparison to a competitor we changed to and offers far more functionality

Great

It works great

Pros

It works great for what it is needed for

Cons

It runs a little slow but it works great

My favorite e-Book software!

The entire experience has been amazing! I was a fan of physical books, but Hoopla has drastically and quickly changed my mind to dive more into e-books.

Pros

What I like the most is the convenience of it all! All of the e-books that I haven’t started or I am already in the process of is all located in one place. Not to mention, this app is totally free! All you need is a valid library card.

Cons

I don’t like how some e-books that look very interesting aren’t available. I don’t know if this has to do with some sort of licensing issue between the app and the book publishers, but I would love for more options to be available on this already amazing app!

Neat Idea for Motivation

We did a trial of this software for upping the morale in the office.

Pros

We have brokers with sales goals and spiffs. This software made it into a game and was a lot of fun.

Cons

It has an occasional glitch or "grayed out" feeling in some areas where we wished it could do this or that.

The Best

Pros

This platform in a improvement over what I used to use and is easy to navigate and use. There are no real bells or whistles here just choose and listen. I have recommended it to many friends.

Cons

It could use a update It would be really nice to be able to listen to a short sample, even just a minute or less, before you actually commit to borrowing it..

Hoopla review

Pros

It allowed for leaderboards for the sales team

Cons

I don't like the way they price the software per user

Generic Gamification Tool

Saw a major increase in SDR production after implementing.

Pros

Integration with SFDC for reporting. Real-time notifications.

Cons

Creating chaneels is cumbersom. Hard to individualised notifications for each rep.

Best Valued with Essential Features

Before purchasing Hoopla, our company was in the market for a gamification software. We wanted something easy to use and provide us with leader boards and statistics at a good price because this was new to us. After 30 days of testing we instantly found the value of it and haven't looked back since. It is on all our TVs and the team is engaged!

Pros

Ease of use and fast implementation.

Cons

Would like to see more automation possibilities based on our environment.

Good way to get a book for downtime!

Love the ease of grabbing a new book I have been waiting for or have heard about, interface is user intuitive but the limits need to be lifted. There is really no reason to limit how many books I can listen every month, is there?

Pros

Love the ease of checking put audio or e books. Listen on break or while on the way to work and keeps me entertained!

Hoopla Review

My team loves the application. The ability to customize their newflashes and the ability to see where they rank in near real-time keeps their enthusiasm up. I would like to be able to have multiple Google Doc connections as we have multiple users that are currently using the application. I would also like to have it display stats from Salesforce reports that are calculated but not related to a user - for instance, I'd like to display the average length to close a case within Salesforce where the average is for the whole team. Overall, implementing this app has had a HUGE boost on moral and motivating employees. Love the overall impact it has made in the department.

Pros

Ease of showing near real-time stats, ability to add personalized pictures, newsflashes to announce reaching milestones

Cons

Only one Google Docs source for data, summarized data cannot be easily displayed from Salesforce - need more robust Salesforce integration

Amazing tool to motivate sales people with a fun twist

We have been using Hoopla for more than half a year and are really happy with the perfomance of the tool. Our consultants love it to see their performance and battle each other with their colleagues. The customer service is always very fast and helpful. New features are rolled out constantly and always improve the experience.

Pros

Looks very nice, different options to make it look different

Cons

the corporate edition is only available with annual payment

Definitely gives

Pros

This software definitely makes a statement when a rep books a meeting. We have it so a loud gong sound goes off. The team has a love/hate relationship with it.

Cons

You have to create special reports for Hoopla. I wish you were able to just have Hoopla pull from existing reports but once they are created it's fine.

Overall was ok, but not worth the investment

Pros

Really enjoyed it for a sales team when closing sales, recognition piece great

Cons

Didn't get the full use out of it and ended up not thinking it was worth the investment

Hoopla has brought an entirely new level of competition and metrics awareness to my team!

Pros

I love the level of transparency that Hoopla brings to my team's performance and metrics. While we have access to our own performance dashboards, Hoopla allows other departments on the floor to see and recognize the work we are doing, as well as to acknowledge top performers.

Cons

The creation of the reports and dashboards was a little tricky at first, but our CSM has gone above and beyond to make sure that we got everything up and running and even helped us build some of the reports out.

Great for content

Pros

Hoopla is a great platform to access content.

Cons

Not the best for content creation. More for consumption.

Could have a better look and feel and functionalities

Used it for a few months but it didn't had what I needed.

Pros

You will get basic configurations and metrics for a Gamification process. I had to change it for rise.global because I didn't had advanced metrics calculations, ex: points were the sum of 50% of sales metric + 25% od phone calls + 25% of meetings. Bassicaly you will get Leaderboard charts for a TV Output.

Cons

It lacks several advanced functionalities and the possibility of advanced design settings

Hoopla review

Pros

It's easy to use and provides amazing opportunities.

Cons

I did not find any particular issue to point out.

Great for Gamification

Hoopla was pretty easy to set up and offered some great options for gamification within the office. Being able to compete with colleagues on a different front and seeing the results was pretty awesome.

Pros

It's really awesome to be able to set up competitions and adds another layer of drive to the office.

Cons

Some of the stock themes and transitions can be a little cheesy.

Works well for what we need

Hoopla has helped us make work fun for our employees. It's also helped us connect offices around the country. That's a pretty valuable benefit. The support has generally been pretty timely and helpful.

Hoopla a Sales tool

It is very easy to use and maintain. It provides a competitive environment to the sales team. We are using it for a long time. It integrates seamlessly with Salesforce.

Good Experience....

Hoopla

Overall.y experience with hoopla has been good. I enjoy using it.

Pros

It's great software for checking out books and movies. I use it once a month to get book's and movies

Cons

You can only get a limited number if items each month. I wish this were different. I would use it more often.