Enterprise content management system

Adobe Experience Manager Reviews

Pros

Using AEM from 2 years and its pretty good CMS tool.customer service is really great and they are pretty quick and knowledgeable. I have also attended the adobe training which is also good to have.

Phani T.

The Adobe experience manager is a must, especially the experience asset management which uses the Artificial Intelligence (AI) power to get the best results for your business.

Cons

Because it can do everything under the sun, it's hard to navigate and difficult to see all of it's functions. The support contract is almost as much as the software.

Jeff D.

Difficult at the beginning if you have no knowledge, you'll often have to figure out on your own and spend hours learning something. And also it can be a bit pricey for some small companies.

Cindy F.

Learning how to use the software can be incredibly frustrating.

4.3

The Cadillac of CMS

We used AEM at the very first company I worked with. I dont think I realized how great it is until I moved on in my career to several other companies that do not use it. There is truth to the saying that sometimes you dont appreciate things until you no longer have them! The company I am with now uses AEM, and anytime I get frustrated with not understanding how to do something, I remind myself of the alternative.

Pros

Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is the cream of the crop when it comes to CMS. The functionality that it offers - from its backend configuration to its capabilities for 'everyday' users - is unmatched from the other products I have worked with. If I were to single out my top pros for the CMS, I would say its component building blocks, and it's flexible workflow integration. These two things in particular set it apart from other competitors (for me, at least).

Cons

As with most products that pack a ton of functionality and features, AEM is not always the easiest CMS to work with. That being said, it is also definitely not the most difficult. But, most of the advanced configurations and integrations require an adept development team. And, to make changes to existing functionality also usually requires a lot of interaction with dev (again, not a bad thing, but something to take into consideration).

Enjoyed the functionality and customization

I think the forms that I was able to create with AEM were great. The software I now use doesn't have the same customizable features, and I miss them. I feel that the forms I create now don't look at good.

Pros

I really liked how much I could customize the forms I created.

Cons

It took a lot of training and practice to get good at using the software.

Best content management and web development platform out there!

Overall, AEM is a very powerful platform and probably the best one out there for building enterprise level responsive sites.

Pros

For web content authors, this is the best tool out there for creating a responsive website. AEM comes with OOTB components that make it easy to build pages with various layouts

Cons

Basic authoring is simple but anything more requires a steep learning curve and the documentation and tutorials available are lacking

Pretty solid not when it works; smaller additions would make it a more solid program

Once set up, it is fairly easy to pick up, especially if you have worked with other CMS products.

Pros

It is pretty easy to pick up with the text component and image one, even for clients who aren't tech savvy.

Cons

The touch UI interface with versions 6.1 and above feels rather underwhelming. Because I can do much more in the classic interface, it provides little motivation to "play" with the touch interface. Also, cannot see doing much development on the touch UI side. Second, there are a lot of little things Adobe can do that will greatly improved the user experience of this product. First, add a simple spell check the various text editors and allow users to expand the size of the edit dialogue box even selecting assests and pages. Additionally, adding the name of the components when hovering over the component in editing mode in authoring. I know people have requested this. The latest version cloud version also seems a little unstable. Seems to have connectivity issues from time to time.

My experience

My overall experience h as been good with this. I use it on day to day basis. I found nd it difficult to work on system where it is not installed.

Pros

I like the simple GUI of this products it's easy to use and available on trial period. You can use it free of cost with limited function also.

Cons

It should allow to convert from one format to another format. Apart from this, it should also give the option to insert image.

For what it is, it's fine

Overall good, I'm just a stickler for a good looking product. Webdam UI is better

Pros

I like that its very easy top understand how to use. Very user friendly and easy to catch on to. AND you can more easily use with other Adobe products

Cons

My god is it ugly. The interface is easy to use but not pleasant to look at at all. If i didn't have to use the website I wouldn't ever want to look at it again.

Powerhouse

This is a robust program for operations that need to manage a large number of digital assets and pages, or with complex site maps. Edits to existing content are relatively intuitive and new page setup is straightforward.

Pros

I had to make updates to existing pages that others had set up. AEM was fairly intuitive and easy to work with. It's not always easy to walk in to someone else's setup, and we have a large number of pages and different departments with their hands in the program. My experience with that kind of situation in the past would be that it was an act of futility, but it's been super easy to jump into.

Cons

The help and training is not always that easy to navigate. When I run across an issue I can't resolve, I usually have to ask someone with more experience. If he wasn't around, I am not sure how I would find the answers I need.

Adobe Experience manager, The Best Content Management System

Features like msm, tagging, workflows makes this best content management system.

Pros

The ui of AEM is so much user friendly and touch optimized. It makes website development easy and quick.

Cons

Some of the feature screen are still in classic ui which must be changed as per touch ui in order to support mobile.

is the old reliable!! it can not fail.

Pros

Easy of use, I mean you can do all with Adobe if you just look for it. It make easier to send some files.

Cons

The could develop a free version for students. I mean Adobe is the best document manager but it's expensive for students

Fillable forms made easy

Fillable forms that anybody can utilize as end user

Pros

The ability to finitely move text to fit desired format. Able to put much more legible information on one page than in applications like MS Word.

Cons

Would be nice to be able to preset preferred fonts and sizes rather than having to format each inserted field.

Adobe Experience Manager

Positive, Good tool to build enterprise level websites

Pros

Adobe Experience Manager is one of the best content management system for building enterprise level websites. Though it is a bit expensive to low level businesses, it makes it the best web content management tool for big businesses. AEM makes it easy if you want to migrate from other platforms. Its cross channel content customization options are awesome and takes care the digital experience for all...

Cons

It is a bit expensive for low level businesses.

Best User Friendly CMS Tool

I have been using Adobe Experience Manager as a developer for almost 4 years now and every version out does itself. As a developer, I will be recommending AEM for everybody out there.

Pros

Adobe Experience Manager is one of the most sort after CMS tool in the world currently. It's modular design, and it's ease of integration with both other Adobe products as well as other third party products makes it unique. It's OOTB features are so easy and well developed that it decreases the effort required in overlaying them. Seamless integration with Java in the back-end and almost all the high rated front-end tools makes it a best product to design a website on. And the customer or business support is the best in the market.

Cons

Nothing as of such. It's almost a near perfect product.

For being an Author, you're as limited to the limitations of your developer.

It's been ok. I believe your overall experience woudl depend on the team's willingness to keep up to date with all feature releases and understand it's capabilities, vs it's limitations.

Pros

I think if it were as polished and built to represent the business' needs, then it could be an incredibly efficient platform for your web experience. The ability to rapidly create and maintain pages and the integration with Target makes for a great testing platform.

Cons

Again with developer limitations.. there are a lot of vanilla features that work great and is a benefit to the business. But when it comes to building out your website experience.. unless your UX designer and developer express creativity and can work around challenges and limitations, you may find yourself being only able to build pretty cookie cutter type web sites.

An enterprise content manager that acts like visual studios

I've used a few content managers, but this one has been the best for author customization and communication. I like that you can leave other authors notes. I compare it to visual studios because authors have the ability to drag and drop to modify pages. Authors have a lot of freedom potential for settings, obviously depending on permissions. Their tag manager is also a great asset to our architects.

Pros

Tag manager, digital asset manager, and nontechnical admin abilities.

Cons

Permissions take a lot of effort to lock down and authors could potentially do prod damage. A lot of I's to dot and t's to cross to make sure they don't have damaging access.

Adobe, excellent tool

Adobe I use it a lot to present quotes, make official letters to important clients and avoid modifications that were not originally made by me.

Pros

What I like most about this app is its easy and dynamic way of interpreting and presenting excel and word formats and files. I work in the commercial area and submit quotes in Adobe is the easiest and most correct.

Cons

What I sometimes do not like is that you can not copy texts that come in the Adobe format to paste it somewhere else but in general terms it is a very useful application

AEM isn't easy but it's a workhorse

When we decided that we needed to redesign our college's websites (over 100 of them), we looked for a tool that was robust and versatile, and one that had recommendations from others in higher ed. We found Adobe's Experience Manager (Called CQ5 back then). And although it's been a bumpy road, we are starting on our third large redesign with no regrets.

Pros

Whatever you want to do, AEM will let you do it. Customization is key, and the ability to create multiple sites with one product is a bonus. There are tools to help you get started, and the ability to create a template where our authors can just enter content without worrying about format is a blessing.

Cons

AEM is not an easy program to install or to administer, not if you are going to go beyond an all-in-one server. The configurations are headache inducing, and the documentation isn't always current. Sometimes it behaves in inexplicable ways until you get your hands into its guts to look at the underlying configuration - then it becomes fairly simple to diagnose. But finding experts who are doing what you are with the software (my favorite way to solve an issue) can be difficult.

Can do it all

Pros

The level of customization and development capabilities are best in the business. We run everything on through AEM. My primary function is around the DAM, but from web authoring, workflows, you name it, we're able to customize AEM to meet our exact needs

Cons

While customization is king, it does take development time, hours and personnel. That said, the pros FAR outweigh the cons in that regard.

Useful Content management system

Pros

Very user friendly with the WYSIWYG interface and easy to learn components and templates. Regular workers can author their own content.

Cons

With most content management systems they each have their own nuances. Things can arise depending on what browser youre using, how your components were made, what kind of network restrictions your company has. All things to consider when setting up this application.

One of the best content management systems

Pros

A Sophisticated tool that is easy and quick to develop and addresses digital marketing needs, super easy to use for a marketer.

Cons

Adobe docs do not provide comprehensive development help. Learning is more community driven than authenticated by Adobe

Adobe Experience Manager

Overall I have had a fair experience with Adobe Experience Manager. Our employees use adobe every single day so it needed to be managed.

Pros

I would say this software works great. The Manager function works as it should. Easy to manage and find what needs to be found.

Cons

One thing I do not like is if as the manager of the software I need to cancel one subscription it will not just cancel it. It will put the subscription on hold and wait to assign it to someone else. I had to try and get a hold of someone on support to remove the subscription so we don't get charged another monthly fee.

Adobe Breakdown

it has been a smooth experience to say the least

Pros

the easy use of it, not having to have a bachelor's degree to understand

Cons

staying up to date on improvements so that we can stay up to date on improvements

Good content management system

Pros

Adobe Experience Manager makes it easier to organize and manage the data needed as per the company's needs. It has a hassle free set up and it's overall a stable tool.

Cons

A bit pricey, but totally worth every penny.

Wonderful invention with so many useful features

In short Adobe Experience Manager allows me to properly organize all my digital assets into one specific location with an ability to view them accordingly.

Pros

This professional software has so many useful key elements that help in the engagement of the mind and body in the best way. I really like the way in which it helps me to drag and drop out files according to my wish within a single location. Moreover, this unique product has been an immense supporter in blocking all the unnecessary and malicious websites that could be a major issue while working.

Cons

All the superb features make it my best solution in this huge world of technology. So, I can’t think of any major drawbacks in it that makes it my most favorite.

enterprise tool to help your marketing

Pros

Thanks to easy content authoring you can cut your need for developers and time to market but keep quality.

Cons

To keep it running thre is a need for constant administrators support.

Adobe Aem Review

Overall I would say king of CMS in the market now. Hard to understand and implement. You have to go by convention then and then you will get desired results.

Pros

Configuration based Java based OSGi services Extensible components Salable Use either MongoDB or tarMk

Cons

Steep learning curve Preliminary knowledge of Java is required Oob components are poorly designed