All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

eFileCabinet Reviews

Lisa C.

Read the full review
Great place to store all personal and private files. Clients appreciate my ability to help them with storing their trusts, wills and special needs.

Lars W.

Read the full review
I love the fact that we have been able to get rid of a lot of paper in the files and use e-file, which has been so amazing. We can just log in and get any information we need for our clients.

Nakita A.

Read the full review

Cons

The inability to add to something already filed and the inability to delete unwanted items. Example I made a new profile and never used it, now I cannot delete that profile and it is very annoying.

Barb D.

Read the full review
Hate the checking in and out of documents and often I get error codes trying to check something back in. I have no doubt it has far more capabilities than I utilize as a small firm.

Jeanette E.

Read the full review
The inability to delete accidentally uploaded files is completely unacceptable.

Peter M.

Better Than Others With Room for Improvement

eFileCabinet support has been quick and resolved any questions/concerns that I have. The price is higher than others but you get more features than lower-priced programs.

Pros

The ability to customize sharing so much; granting access without individual having to have separate account for program; preview pane; branding ability; multiple viewing panes at once; audit trail easily accessible; folder templates; e-signature in program

Cons

Invitation email 24 hour timeout; inability to select multiple files that aren't listed consecutively; drop down for filing is visually a little difficult to differentiate between; works better in certain internet browsers; Gmail will not allow as third-party app because level of security not high enough (for pulling in emails)

It's great to learn more about how eFileCabinet is helpful for your business, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with this review and your feedback!

Alfresco Enterprise Alternative

We needed a modern, robust, cloud-based document management system for long term digital archiving. Overall eFileCabinet has served our needs very well.

Pros

The conversion team saved us from an aging system that we needed to abandon. The Cloud Server being the same cost as an on premises server was a great incentive for choosing eFileCabinet. The Cabinet -> Folder structure is easy to understand and navigate. The ability to share large files with users outside of our organization easily has also been a boon.

Cons

Search is powerful, but due to the Alfresco Enterprise system we imported from relying on metadata tags for search, very particular steps are needed to use the search in eFileCabinet's Rubex properly. It's confusing for our core users sometimes. I'm not sure if I would feel differently about Rubex's search functions had we started our digital archive in Rubex, but as it is this is a function that is mildly frustrating.

Please contact me to explain if your software will improve

Our investment into eFileCabinetOnline has not produced what we had expected and what we had discussed when the product was pitched to us. The functionality lags way far behind our predecessor ShareFile. The linking between EFCO and SecureDrawer is great except there are so many limitations and issues with the new version of SecureDrawer that many of our professionals and many of our clients at times...

Pros

You can link SecureDrawer to eFileCabinet. And you can access from virtually anywhere

Cons

Our investment into eFileCabinetOnline has not produced what we had expected and what we had discussed when the product was pitched to us. The functionality lags way far behind our predecessor ShareFile. Versioning doesn't work in eFileCabinet. Filtering doesn't work in SecureDrawer, you cannot download multiple files or sometimes upload multiple files at once without issues or errors. Permissions...

Great value for small business DMS

Pros

We found it relatively easy to get up-to-speed on the features we needed to use, especially with the hands-on training and technical support from eFileCabinet. And as a small business, being able to scale the features and space and number of licenses down to the scale we needed, while still maintaining a robust set of features, made Rubex the clear choice for us.

Cons

At times Rubex can be a little clunky, but that was an acceptable tradeoff for a cloud-based DMS.

eFileCabinet

Fantastic. Simple. Not afraid to use it as it is not overwhelming and almost no learning curve.

Pros

A platform that provides an intuitive, simple and common filing system that mimics what one would utilize if using paper. There is very little set-up and also provides the ability to accommodate/configure each company's needs. The accessible customer service is based in USA and everyone has been extremely helpful without hold times. They will train you more than once, if needed, as it is a very simple means of going paperless. They are not trying to reinvent the wheel in filing but are continuously upgrading and improving its capabilities.

Cons

The only thing for me, since my application is cloud based and not desktop, is integration with other vendors. On the other hand, i am not sure if I would ever need to integrate with my other vendors.

It's awesome to learn more about you use eFileCabinet and that you love the customer service and support. We're grateful for you as a customer and we really appreciate your time to leave this review!

Worth it!

We have had an excellent experience with eFileCabinet. The customer service team is very responsive, our sales person is well informed on the product and can easily direct you to the team member who will be able to assist you with a problem. The trainers are patient and are willing to advise on the set up of your files. Our trainer, Kevin, knows EVERYTHING about the product, and is willing to do multiple sessions for us to make sure that we understand how to use the product.

Pros

eFile Cabinet and the associated Rubex software make moving from paper files to digital files easy. The various add-ins provide access to the system from your email, PDF, MSExcel, and MSWord. Once uploaded, the files (and their contents) are easy to search. An additional feature that is particularly useful for our team is the ability to allow a "guest user" to access files for a limited time. This is a lifesaver for managing audits and allowing employees to access and view documents in their file. The best feature in this software is the "help" automations that literally walk you through the different activities you may want to accomplish in the software.

Cons

This software can be used be a team that does not have a "plan" for moving to a digital platform, but that is very unwise. It is easy to begin using it right away; the biggest challenge comes in the set up and administration. There is a definite learning curve, and the training that is offered should be readily accepted -- it will be needed, and it is very helpful!

Wow, this is amazing feedback to hear and we're so grateful to be supporting your business and look forward to helping you with future successes. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

eFile Cabinet and SecureDrawer

I am able to share files with my clients in accordance with IRS guidelines.

Pros

My clients and I are able to share files securely.

Cons

I need a workflow management solution which is not included with eFile Cabinet.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, it's great to hear your feedback!

EfileCabinet Document Management System

No issues. We are very happy.

Pros

Very easy to use. Always works. Competitive Pricing.

Cons

I wish I could pdf from lacerte into efilecabinet, but its not that big of a deal to just pdf to my desktop and then drag and drop into efilecabinet.

It is excellent to hear that your business is happy with eFIleCabinet. We strive to provide the best in value and support for our customers! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

eFileCabinet

Pros

Being able to organize and store electronic documents.

Cons

The fact that indexing documents is not automated. Integration is week.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review!

Great HR Documentation Solution

Pros

The efile scanner and the sidekick app set this software apart from others.

Cons

I feel like the user licenses are pretty pricey.

Saving Space and Saving Time

Keeping up with paperwork for at least seven years per project can be absolutely overwhelming. It takes up physical space, it is difficult to navigate and find items from years ago. Not to mention the dust bunnies that build up! Our company absolutely adores this product because it really gives us a space to keep all of our documents organized, stored in a safe place, and dust free! You cannot ask for more when it comes to keeping up with documents!

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to navigate and to use. The sector our company is involved requires tremendous amounts of paperwork, high compliance standards, and impeccable organizational aspects. Having e-FileCabinet simplifies keeping up with the paperwork and gives us the option to discard physical copies of old paperwork from old projects. Another aspect of the software is the ability for anyone in the company to have unlimited access to the paperwork needed. It's very simple to log onto our account and find what we need. One other aspect that is one of my favorites is the ability to customize what drawers are within each folder when created. This makes the ability to really organize our work effortless.

Cons

What I like least about the product is I have found on a couple of occasions where the PDF file did not upload properly and when accessed at a later date, the file would not download. Other than this issue, we have had no issues with the software.

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this glowing review with us about your experience! We love that we get to support your business and thank you for being our customer!

Excellent way to go paperless

The tech support staff at eFile Cabinet has been great to work with when any issues have asrisen. As a CPA tech support is everything and if you can't support your product in a timely fashion the product is worhtless.

Pros

Easy to use, secure storage of client. I wanted my data management system to be separate from my tax software should I ever want to change company's. Also from previous experiences I need a company that would stand behind their product and was large enough to be around in the future.

Cons

After buying a license with annual support I was forced to switch to an annual renewal. Shades of Microsoft & Adobe with monthly/annual subscriptions. So as long as you don't mind and annual subscription . . . . . .

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, we very much appreciate the feedback and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business!

**Supreme** (online) Document Management Storage Software!

In the business world today, there are mountains and mountains of paperwork. Being able to limit and severly reduce our paper file storage has amounted to savings of thousands of hours and dollars. The ability for our PM's to be able to search for a document their smart phone or tablet while on the job and find the document/invoice/proposal/bid/change order, etc. is invaluable and hard to put a dollar amount on! There are many DMS software programs out there, but eFileCabinet is perfect for our enterprise!

Pros

Our (big) small construction business has been using eFileCabinet for almost 5 years now. We have 8 users who interact with the software on a daily basis. The flexibility of searches, profiles (tags), ease of organization, templates and such make this such a great program for our office. The ability to see documents on our smart devices or using a web browser (online version) is crucial to our project mgrs and even office staff when we are working remotely. I am a huge fan of this software and every update that comes out just improves the program even more. We are very happy with the tech support (hardly need it) on the rare occasion we encounter an issue. **Highly recommended**

Cons

I pondered this question for a good length of time. I honestly cannot complain about anything at this juncture. I am the "admin" for our account and so I do all the setup, permissions, user groups, profile setups, etc. I am the most knowledgable of the software at our office and can say with certainty that we are extremely happy with our use of eFileCabinet.

Wow, thank you so much for leaving this glowing review. We really appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that we've been able to support your construction business with being able to go to a digital storage system with our document management software. We very much look forward to continuing to support the success of McGuirk Sand-Gravel, Inc.

Exceptional Document Management System Software!

The company that I worked for is like most companies in America right now. They didn't seem to have a genuine way of organizing their documentation. There was the issue of multiple people having copies, but all of them had different revisions. You could only imagine a headache that it caused. Well, that was when I set out to find a DMS for the company. When I began to look deeper into eFileCabinet,...

Pros

The biggest thing that I like about the software is the ability to do my own cabinets and not allow others to see them. I like having everything organized so that it's easier in the long run. EFC allows me to have that organization and I am grateful for it.

Cons

Again, as I've stated before, the only issue with the software is that not all file extensions are included. You have your typical Microsoft Office file types, but it would be nice to have an add-on for extensions like .pcb, .dxf, and others that when associated with a particular software, that software's insignia is used in EFC.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback in this review. It's great to hear that eFileCabinet has been able to provide you with an organization solution and that you've found it easy to use. We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

One of my Most Valuable Tools

I stumbled upon this software while searching for a better paperless solution in my office when I learned that my tax software would no longer support their own document management system. They recommended another system, which I found wholly inadequate, both from the standpoint of transitioning and customer care, both of which were less than adequate. When I discovered Efile Cabinet, I found a solution that offered more than I was even looking for and included a level of customer support that I have found to be extremely responsive, considerate and very helpful. I also had an experience where my hard drive crashed and the tech support at Efile Cabinet helped me to restore everything from Cloud view on to my desktop, so I was up and running again in very little time.

Pros

This software has so many features and offers far more than what I ever expected - including the ability to preserve all items in the cloud automatically, the app to be able to retrieve, alter and transmit documents from anywhere with ease and the Secure Drawer option that allows me to share files with my clients back and forth. There are many training videos available, so I'm able to get answers to my questions easily and when I can't figure something out, the tech support is readily available to me. In short, this software is one of the most important tools I use in my office.

Cons

I wish the software had a direct connection to my tax prep software so I could print tax returns directly to client folders, but that's more a function of the tax software than Efile Cabinet, so I can't really hold it against them. It's really the only thing that I don't like, and it's a small thing relative to all the good things.

We're excited to hear that eFileCabinet is one of the most valuable tools around your office. We strive to provide strong support for eFileCabinet users and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

Good for the price but, be wary of version updates.

Pros

The ability to create a template and mass apply said template to multiple clients eliminated much of the tedium of having to do so one-by-one. I also liked the ease in which we were able to sync to the Secure File exchange portal online from within the desktop application as well.

Cons

Despite numerous updates, we were never able to drag/drop documents from the software to our desktop or to emails. The searching of text in the software, while it worked initially, stopped working for us after new versions were released and installed. We stopped being able to search anything (such an important feature) not long after purchase in the search bar. The workflow feature would also have been nice to use but, proved to be very basic. Next, even though I set up naming conventions, when these were available to use depended on how you saved the document instead of being available all the time.

Thank you so much for this feedback, it's great to learn more about how you use eFileCabinet. We want to provide you with the best possible support to help you with some of the search issues you have experienced and will have your account manager reach out to you to discuss this in further detail. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review!

eFileCabinet Review

We love e-file cabinet, and we love the IDEA of secure drawer. But it is just so difficult for our clients and us to use.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. I like how it is laid out. I like the function of emailing encrypted documents.

Cons

Secure drawer is HORRIBLE. Our clients and us are ALWAYS having issues with it. We love the idea. We love having a secure way to send docs, however it needs to more simple. And when we are able to speak with customer service they're fantastic and always tremendous help. However sometimes the wait times to get ahold of CS is difficult. Most of the year I can sit on hold for 40+ mins and it is not a problem. But during Tax Season Feb-Mid April, I do not have time to sit on hold for that long. I just cannot. So that is a very small downfall, however it very normal with any system and any customer service team.

It's great to hear that you love how easy eFC is to use. We're excited to announce that we have some big changes launching soon that will improve the user experience even more and we would love to tell you more about how these changes can assist in your frustrations with Secure Drawer. We are hosting a free webinar on April 25 to discuss these changes, if you are interested you can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc...

A Great Solution for Your Paperless Business

Really helpful with productivity in establishing workflow. Extremely quick to enable answering factual client questions without having to call them back. Technical support has been great over about 5 years of using the software.

Pros

The "templates" feature enables you to create folder structures for each client as well as pre-defined names of documents to be stored. Every client folder is then standardized in structure. This feature enables creation of document workflow without needing to create a massive bookmarked pdf that might be susceptible to file corruption. The "Logs" feature is really helpful to locate items I may have stored in the wrong client folder.

Cons

What's not to like? I can think of two minor complaints I suppose. I am a heavy pdf bookmark user. EFC allows creation of bookmarks without having to "check out" the file but sometimes the bookmarks don't "stick." I get around this by checking out the document, bookmarking it and then checking the document back in. "Checking in" and "checking out" is a very easy process. Second minor complaint is that when I want to apply a template (I have multiple templates), the dialog box always pre-selects the first template on the list and I have to "de-select" it.

Wow, thank you so much for leaving us a great review and for taking the time to give your feedback. We're glad to hear that you love our templates feature and that our product has helped your business establish a workflow. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your company.

eFile review

Our overall experience with eFile is becoming more positive. We started out on a rough patch with the system. Our initial training wasn't the greatest and didn't focus on what we would actually benefit from in the system so we basically had to teach ourselves how to use it. Our company uses Sidekick more than online which has really helped our productivity in our company as we used to spend tons of time trying to get documents into employee drawers.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use eFile Sidekick. We have found that using that saves us much more time than using the online version and pulling documents from our email is much quicker than using the eFile scanner.

Cons

What I least like about this software is how the online version lags so much. We are also a company of 30,000+ so we have many drawers out there for our employees. We've had to create multiple cabinets to continue adding employees into. We've had to find a work around in searching for employees since our one cabinet is so full, we can't click on it without freezing and getting booted out of sidekick. I do wish that eFile was able to really handle the amount of documents we put into the system and that it would run smoother for us.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your business and for your trust in us to provide support for your business. We're excited about some new upcoming features that are launching soon that will improve the user experience even more. We look forward to providing continued support for your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Multiple Locations

This helped us mange our files better and more efficiently. It assured with the accessibility of files for everyone in the organization. Opening over multiple states this is a must.

Pros

What we like most about the software is the accessibility from multiple locations and ease of use.

Cons

It is a little hard to mange on your phone. Not impossible but takes some getting used to for old eyes.

It's awesome to hear that you love the ability to use eFileCabinet in multiple locations across multiple states! We strive to help your business be more efficient! Thanks for leaving us your feedback, we truly value you as a customer and are grateful for the review!

Great storage option!

I do love the integration between other software and eFileCabinet so that you can easily bring in the documents. Over the years that I have had eFileCabinet, I have really liked it, however, the pricing is getting a lot more expensive. Also some of the features, I have had a bit of trouble figuring out how to use. Some are features that I only use once in awhile as so I forget hour to use them - like purge, unpurged, and templates. But overall the software is great, just getting a bit pricey.

Pros

Love the sync with SecureDrawer!

Cons

Trying to use some of the features - Templates is a big one, I set up a couple of templates awhile ago, but I remember it was not the easiest thing. I now need to edit those templates and don't have the time to dig in to see how to do that. Also, I do not understand how to CHECK OUT something, edit it and put it back. I am always having to save it on my desktop and re-import. Also, it would be nice...

eFileCabinet (EFC) Is Superb for Accounting and Tax Preparation Practices

We are a 12-person accounting and tax preparation practice that has used the locally installed of EFC for 5+ years. Currently we have 115GB of data made up of 143K+ files in 425K+ folders and 6.7K+ drawers. EFC has performed faithfully with only very occasional minor issues (usually user error) during the entire time we've had it. In 30+ years in IT/Business I can't recall any other software that has been this reliable. This is one of the few pieces of software I can recommend without hesitation.

Pros

Allows us to save scans of our clients paper and electronic documents as well as digital copies of their tax returns in a fast, secure, dependable and easy to use document repository. Excellent search capability allows misfiled/"lost" documents to be quickly located.

Cons

Integration with Lacerte, our professional tax prep software (which has ~85% of the market) is limited. NOTE: This is NOT the fault of EFC. Despite our repeated requests over the last 5 years, Intuit, owner of Lacerte, has not provided the needed API (interface) that third parties like EFC require to integrate. EFC has said they stand ready to develop this integration once Intuit delivers. We are hopeful this will occur in 2019.

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it's great to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to faithfully improve the efficiency of your business. Thank you for being our customer, we look forward to providing your business with continued support!

eFileCabinet User for Many Years

I have a tax and accounting practice, and eFileCabinet allows me to have very little filing space. Everything is returned to the clients, and I scan everything and have access to whatever I need or want from there.

Pros

eFileCabinet allows you to print straight to the program from every other program I have ever tried - Microsoft suite programs, accounting software, QuickBooks, tax software, everything! This feature along with the ability to quickly scan and store items make a paper-free office a reality, not just a goal.

Cons

I have my eFileCabinet set up very detailed. I would like to be able to click on where I want the file saved or printed to and then just scan or print it straight in there. Most times I have to click as many as six different things to save the document where I want it. That has been a complaint of mine since I started using the software.

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to leave us this review. We are excited about some new features that will be launching soon that are going to improve the user experience even more. We would love to tell you more about them and are hosting a free webinar on April 25 where you can learn more. You can register here: https://go.efilecabinet.com/webinar/whats-new-efc Our customer support team is also available to discuss some of these new features and can show you how they can improve your processes. We hope this helps and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Finding documents

Ease of retrieval, ease of filing, quick review of documents in a file. We have a client portal as part of our web site so we don't use the secure drawer feature.

Pros

I love the OCR feature. If I know I've written an article or written a letter to IRS on a subject and I don't remember who the client was or when the article was written, putting in the key words brings up the appropriate documents. It is easy to re-title documents and storage is easy. We have e-file cabinet icons on excel, word and e-mail. Just click on the icon when you want to file something...

Cons

We have a file structure that uses cabinets for current clients and former clients and it is not as easy as some of the other operations to move drawers.

It's so great to hear how the OCR feature is able to help support your role, and we love to be a part of your business's success! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review!

Thoughts after using EFC

We switched from SmartVault to EFC. First off, their tech support people are really helpful and so far we have been extremely satisfied with them. Upon getting our EFC database set up on our server we were hit with a slew of problems. First was an issue with the way the SmartVault data was transferred. When going through the purchasing process of EFC the sales person made it sound like EFC tech people...

Pros

I like that the software is available to be hosted on our dedicated in-house server because we don't trust our client's data in the cloud.

Cons

I don't like how you cannot edit pdf's within the program. For example, you cannot permanently rotate or delete a page within a pdf document without having to pay for a 3rd party pdf editing program. Our employees don't particularly enjoy the user interface that shows the folder and document structure. It was a big change from Smartvault where the client list is on the left-hand side of the screen and then the rest of the screen contained the drawer folder structure and the documents within those folders. In EFC you are forced to select a folder to view the documents within that folder, but you are unable to view documents in two separate folders at the same time.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We appreciate your patience and trust in us as we resolve some of the issues you have had and are excited about some future updates that will create an even better, smoother user experience.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.