Laserfiche

Scalable document management & process management software

Laserfiche Reviews

Pros

This software is very effective and great at keep information private and secure.

Rachel B.

Daniel V.

Kyle S.

Cons

Our company does not have the newest version so it if missing a lot of the features.

Kim G.

The system lags and has issues importing large or multiple documents.

Thomas R.

This software is difficult to understand and takes a while to adapt to.

Rachel B.

4.5

Excellent Document Management Solution

It has been a wonderful experience with Laserfiche, over storing our information on network shared drives. It has helped us with finding information within documents easily and quickly.

Pros

This software provides a friendly interface to our users and helpful workflows while providing a centralized location with protections in place to keep data safe.

Cons

There is some work on the back end to set up this software, but in the end it is well worth the effort.

Innovative set of applications

We have been using Laserfiche products for approximately 8 years. Our original purpose was to digitize our HR records, and the scanning utilities provided us with just the right solution to get this accomplished with very little stress. Once Laserfiche Forms was released we adopted it and slowly started to push our HR and business processes online. After a year the potential of this product was realized, and we now have approximately 85% of all our HR and Business department related processes online through Laserfiche.

Pros

Perfect for document retention, long term digital storage, and business process routing. It's fairly easy to use, but at times does require some training. The available applications provide us with almost limitless capabilities when it comes to our business and HR processing. I have yet to find something I am unable to build that has been requested by our district staff.

Cons

To be able to fully use the software applications capabilities one would require a fair amount of experience with other applications such as SQL database design, and Windows Domain administration. I would say its not truly possible to utilize Laserfiche to its fullest without personal knowledge of the before mentioned items or a team of individuals that has the knowledge necessary.

Good.

Pros

Ease of use. Much easier to find / search files than going through physical files.

Cons

Hasn't eliminated paper copies (yet) for our organization.

Laserfiche review

Great way to distribute documents for signature authorization. Also great for document control and access. Like using it.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes hard to come up with a consistent process. Not a Laseriche issue, more of a company issue.

Laserfiche, Not the Best but Gets the Job Done

The only positive thing I've experienced with Laserfiche is that it's reliable for storing documents and I can automatically see recently saved items without having to constantly refresh, but that's about it. It can store a lot but so can a lot of other data storage softwares that I've used in previous years. There are definitely better and more user-friendly programs out there.

Pros

I like how much memory and capacity for storing information this program has. It is also very easy to add and rename documents in each client file

Cons

One of the things I dislike the most about this software is how it's never guaranteed that work will be saved if you don't use the check in/check out feature. I've already lost so much work that if I'm going modify a document with comments or update an excel spreadsheet, using the check in/check out feature has become second nature. Remembering to check a document back in is equally frustrating because it's not enough to hit save and close out of the document. Another thing I don't like is how sometimes I'll stay locked in a document even though I don't have it open.

Laserfiche for Space Management

It is great in terms of saving office space. Finding and accessing employee documentation is also very easy.

Pros

We had several paper based processes and the piles of paper was taking up a huge amount of our office space. Laserfiche has been able to store all our paper documents in digital format. It is easy to use; finding and updating information is very similar to the folders in MS Office.

Cons

Many cloud based systems have the ability to store digital documents. It would be nice if there was a way to link Laserfiche with other HR or payroll systems to store all information in one system.

Better workflow management

As a workflow appliction it does it job effectively. developer need to make sure proper logs are set up for each workflow for easy understanding to the consuming team

Pros

It made workflow management easy, can use VB or C# scripts to create and execute a workflow. workflows can be customized based on organization/ team requirements. setting up workflow is quite easy. Workflow logs are helpful to identify issues whenever they fail

Cons

Bit complex application, input parameters are a bit tricky. It might be because we use old scripting to run these workflows, the output is not displayed and tracking is not possible in many scenarios

Easy processes that are user-friendly from function to function.

It helps with our record keeping by efficiently channeling it to the proper digital folders.

Pros

I really like the ability to transition the configuration of sending the documents to their destination from manual to immediate.

Cons

I have had troubles with inserting a document in the finished file in the destination folder. It will not allow me to scan from there and add more pages.

Great document management for an end user

Pros

As an end user, Laserfiche is great for document management. It has helped automate many of our manual processes through custom workflows. Template help keep everything organized by standardizing meta data, which makes searching and sorting super easy.

Cons

There are a lot of options. It can take a little bit to get everything setup so it all works and so all the different document types can be displayed properly.

Laserfiche makes it easy to manage documents

Laserfiche is essential for regulated companies looking to keep customer's information in order and secure.

Pros

When working in a highly regulated industry, document management is key. Laserfiche is the easy way to manage several hundred documents.

Cons

Takes a long time to integrate into your existing platforms

The best

Laserfiche has been a great software to work with. Their customer service is good, if you have a problem they are allows there to help you through it. I would recommend this software to anyone.

Pros

Laserfiche is the best software for document imaging. This software is very easy to use and to navigate. It is easy to set up you templates and folders. Plus it comes with a lot of other options, that we have not explored yet, to help with no only your document imaging but with records keeping, keeping track of records requests, work flows, etc. You've got to check this software out if you have not already!!!

Cons

There is not really anything that I do not like about this software. But if there was one thing it would be pricing of some of their other additional options. For small municipalities it makes it hard to have the JustFIO and their other software but you get what you pay for. This software is well worth it though.

Organize Your Business

Laserfiche has been important to our company and houses all of our employee information, allowing us to edit, share, and view documents in a timely manner.

Pros

We use Laserfiche to digitize applications and paperwork. I like that it is very user friendly and has a useful search function that allows me to search by either the title of the document or the fields within the document. I can also add notes to each page of documents and specify which security level indicated gets to view them.

Cons

When I move a PDF into a Laserfiche file, I cannot combine it with another electronic file. I would have to manually print it out and scan it into the desired file in order for them to be a part of the same document. I would allow users to add other electronic files that are independent of the original document.

Organizes, saves money, process design,

Pros

The end to end process from collection to destroy / retain and that it has the ability to keep the entire process electronic. I like that they are focusing on a cloud solution that makes the application reachable to businesses of all sizes. The continued research and development along with the support make it a product that changes and supports with the times.

Cons

The cloud needs storage in Canada, ability to apply sequential numbers to documents that would act like a register. You can do this with code and sql tables but it would be great to be able to do it within the form without the requirement of a developer.

Get rid of all your file cabinets!

We are able to locate filed documents much quicker and more easily.

Pros

It is a good filing system, but what makes it even better is the ability to search. Previously, if something was misfiled (paper filing system) you would just have to wait until you found it (which my be never.)

Cons

If I am printing from a document (usually a pdf from someone else) into Laserfiche, occasionally the document does not come thru into Laserfiche correctly. Don't know this unless you go and check the document.

Review of Laserfiche

We've been using Laserfiche since 2006 and have drastically cut down on our lease space because we no longer have the need for filing cabinets. Being able to access client info via our web portal is huge for us.

Pros

The ability to pull documents where ever we are... in the office, at home or even out of the country. Our clients appreciate us having the information handy in a timely manner. It does also help keep us organized.

Cons

There are a lot of features to using it, therefore new staff have a long learning curve.

Finding records faster!

Pros

Laserfiche is the easiest records management system I've ever used. It is quick and easy, it allows to set up your documents in a format to match your filing system. The documents are researchable and can be emailed in a variety of formats.

Cons

The initial set up is kind of pricey. Also, if you (the user) does not put in the information correctly it makes it hard to search those particular documents, but that is training issues on our end.

Does what we need

Pros

We got Laserfiche 4 or so years ago to help cut down the amount of items we had in our servers at work. With Laserfiche, we were able to have items put into different group types, have metadata associated with each page, set retention periods for how long we have to keep the document, and have access across the whole City. Multiple people in different offices and buildings can add and view files as needed. We also got this product because we can store even more on here with the option of having it saved as a .tif image instead of a .pdf or .jpg that takes up more storage spage.

Cons

First starting out on the program was definitely a learning curve for everyone. It is not really user friendly, but it does get easier to do. I am currently having a hard time trying to convert my .pdf files into .tif files once they are in the Laserfiche program. I have no issues scanning it in to be a .tif document, but some of my stuff that needs to be added to Laserfiche are already created .pdf files that I do not need to print just to re-scan in.

Multiple employee Access

It allows us to store archived data, and allows us multiple employees access to needed daily work logs.

Pros

The ability for my employees to access multiple files and share daily work activities. Also it allows you to archive important documents for future reference.

Cons

Had to apply filters so employees couldn't limit access to certain files. This isn't much of an issue, staff is up to speed now.

Excellent digital file cabinet

I like the ease of uploading and now I just learned the "save to pdf" feature and I am impressed

Pros

Excellent digital file cabinet, easy to get documents into a neatly organized drive.

Cons

I am not exactly sure how the metadata features are supposed to work but I have trouble doing a search to locate documents where I thought based on the information I put in metadata fields, I would easily locate what I am searching for. I will continue to explore this feature.

Laserfiche is a very solid product for document storage. Lots of capability.

Pros

Highly configurable suite of products. Plenty of support in the community. The company updates and improves the software annually. Very strong user conference each year.

Cons

Some modules are costly and depending on the size of your organization, price my preclude some of the capability.

Laserfiche Review

Pros

I have been using Laserfiche in some form for over 12 years. I appreciate that it allows the user to organize information in a way that is meaningful to them. As a government user, I value the ability to store our historical and confidential data within Laserfiche, as well as our public record information, and we can select and direct our customer to documents accessible to them for viewing.

Cons

The search feature could be a little more robust, but part of that comes from the metadata entered by staff and what returns are pinged.

Opinion

Pros

I like the convenience of Laserfiche. It is easy to use.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about the software. It is pretty straight forward.

Laserfiche

Pros

Easy to scan things to Laserfiche. You can give the file a name, and make it as detailed as possible so if you ever need to retrieve the scan later, you can get exactly what you are looking for instead of searching through tons of other files.

Cons

If you do not enter enough information about the Scan, it can be pretty hard to find it later on. Sometimes there are duplicates also.

Great Records Management System

Pros

Scanning capabilities and document/records management system is very easy to use and helpful filing capabilities.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be slow depending how many users are using it simultaneously. It doesn't happen often, but on occasion it has happened where it seems to take longer to scan documents or open scanned documents for viewing.

Laserfiche greatness

Pros

I love the snapshot option. It makes putting a pdf through to accounting a breeze.

Cons

It’s a little difficult to program the meta data.