Laserfiche Logo

Laserfiche

Scalable document management & process management software

Laserfiche Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.34/10

See full reviews by rating

My experience after using this software was very good because it contains useful aspects and better guide lines.
This software is very effective and great at keep information private and secure.
I like that it is very user friendly and has a useful search function that allows me to search by either the title of the document or the fields within the document.
Our company does not have the newest version so it if missing a lot of the features.
The system lags and has issues importing large or multiple documents.
This software is difficult to understand and takes a while to adapt to.

SHRESHTHI M.

HRIS Manager

Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Laserfiche for Space Management

Transcript

Shreshthi M.: Hi, my name is Shreshthi, and I work as an HRIS manager. I am going to review Laserfiche...

Christina R.

Easy processes that are user-friendly from function to function.

It helps with our record keeping by efficiently channeling it to the proper digital folders.

Pros

I really like the ability to transition the configuration of sending the documents to their destination from manual to immediate.

Cons

I have had troubles with inserting a document in the finished file in the destination folder. It will not allow me to scan from there and add more pages.

KD

Kim D.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Opinion

Pros

I like the convenience of Laserfiche. It is easy to use.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about the software. It is pretty straight forward.

ss

sharon s.

Wholesale, 5,001-10,000 employees

Laserfiche

Pros

Easy to scan things to Laserfiche. You can give the file a name, and make it as detailed as possible so if you ever need to retrieve the scan later, you can get exactly what you are looking for instead of searching through tons of other files.

Cons

If you do not enter enough information about the Scan, it can be pretty hard to find it later on. Sometimes there are duplicates also.

NT

Nick T.

Great Records Management System

Pros

Scanning capabilities and document/records management system is very easy to use and helpful filing capabilities.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be slow depending how many users are using it simultaneously. It doesn't happen often, but on occasion it has happened where it seems to take longer to scan documents or open scanned documents for viewing.

PR

Paula R.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Laserfiche greatness

Pros

I love the snapshot option. It makes putting a pdf through to accounting a breeze.

Cons

It’s a little difficult to program the meta data.

JM

Jason M.

Law Enforcement, 201-500 employees

If your looking to get away from hard copy file storage this is the way to go!!

Pros

Love how easy it is to scan a document label it and put into a specific folder that can easily be found and never have to worry about where it is or have to sift through hard copy files anymore.

Cons

Nothing maybe a more of a how to use instructional video on the various features of use.

Massimo S.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Laserfiche makes it easy to manage documents

Laserfiche is essential for regulated companies looking to keep customer's information in order and secure.

Pros

When working in a highly regulated industry, document management is key. Laserfiche is the easy way to manage several hundred documents.

Cons

Takes a long time to integrate into your existing platforms

EK

Erin K.

Individual & Family Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

New to Laserfiche

Pros

The position that I was briefly in used laserfiche to organize client data to have it all in one location. Being new to this software I was worried about ease of uses. To my surprise, it wasn't as intimidating as I thought it would be and quickly learned how to use it. Organization is one of my strong points and Laserfiche allowed me to easily organize my client data.

Cons

I didn't use this program long enough to have any complaints about it. In the short time that I did use it, I was able to learn quickly and enjoyed this software.

BE

Brett E.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Features

Pros

The solution has lots of great features that make it very powerful and provide lots of scanning solutions for the organization.

Cons

The cost per user can be prohibitive to organizations. Expanded features can require dedicated staff to manage all the option sets interactivity.

JT

James T.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Controls our whole business at the touch a button

Pros

Any level in the organization is presented information in a simple/effective manor that anyone can understand

Cons

Lots and lots of back end programming can take sometime to get up and running. Approx. 100+ hrs of programming

SW

Shirley W.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Streamline projects and run things automatically

We're admittedly still new users, and so far we like it, but it's far more programmer intensive than we were led to believe. We have to have help to do almost anything. That said, it will be worth it to streamline some of our processes.

Pros

Establish stored procedures and databases which automatically integrate and run processes for you. We've been able to take a six week project and move it down to about 4 days.

Cons

Hard to learn to use and set up, we often need to pay programmer time; which gets expensive. Program won't fax out things on its own--we've had to implement an external procedure.

MD

Marry D.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Excellent software

I used the software and i have found it very useful. Lasefiche has basically, mastered the art of providing solutions to their clients.

Pros

-user friendly - Helpful for organization -free trial

Cons

i haven't observed any

Terra S.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

It's too complicated

I've had Laserfiche for 2 years now, and I'm still struggling to get it fully operational.

Pros

This software will basically do anything you need it to for document management and more.

Cons

The software is way to complicated to build for the average person.

TC

Travis C.

"Run Smarter" - More than just a tagline!

We have been using Laserfiche for almost five years, and we continue find areas where our agency (Law Enforcement) can put it to good use. For the end user, Laserfiche is very simple to use, with our typical user up and running in about twenty minutes. The solution is completely customizable to the extent that you want it to be, or you can use it right "out of the box". With the addition of Forms,...

DD

Don D.

Laserfiche -- The Final Solutioon for Paper and Processing Problems

Finding Laserfiche some years ago was a God-Send for me and my company. I wanted to go paperless and thought I had exhausted affordable market-place offerings, yet decided to take one more chance and look at Laserfiche. At first, I was overwhelmed. I thought I had to learn everything, install everything and use everything. However, I found that I only needed to buy what I needed and expand as needed....

TG

Tony G.

You need more stars to rate this product and company

I suppose if you had a ten star rating system, I would still want it to go to 11. We have been using Laserfiche for the last five years and simply love the product and the company. The product because it does all we ask of it (and can do more). It is secure, easy to use and highly configurable for almost any business. The company because they are so engaged with their customers. I foresee a long...

MM

Maisara M.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Manage documents but no sharing!!

Not bad but not the best

Pros

The capacity and general characteristics of the storage environment and capabilities of organizing and managing documents

Cons

The way of sharing documents is very poor and not reliable

RK

Ronald K.

Design, 11-50 employees

Laserfiche

I use Laserfiche every day at work, and we rely heavily on the software. It's been great to us.

Pros

I like that you can name files you scan through the software on the computer or through the scanner itself. It's not complicated to use.

Cons

There's really nothing that I dislike about Laserfiche.

TR

Thomas R.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,001+ employees

This is a great repository too. However, it would be much better if it linked to Windows Explorer.

Pros

The drag and drop capabilities are extremely helpful. Also, the search options based on meta data makes locating documents much easier.

Cons

The system lags and has issues importing large or multiple documents. The speed of the system and overall ease of use could use improvement.

KJ

Kathy J.

Laserfiche: A Record Manager's Best Friend

When I started looking at document management systems to get our records management problems under control, Laserfiche had the easiest, most user-friendly system I could find to implement. With little IT support and awesome Laserfiche support, I was able to get Laserfiche, Records Management Edition, up and running, helping our organization with records management and compliance issues. Laserfiche continues to expand its functionality and is a robust system and deserves a deeper look for anyone comparing systems.

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great software to organize our documents

Automate manual process in document management.

Pros

We are able to set up workflows to capture our documents in an orderly fashion, which has allowed us to do away with more manual processes.

Cons

The initial setup process can be a bit strenuous, but the end product is worth it if the time and effort is put in initially.

BZ

Brian Z.

Flexible software that works in any vertical market

The flexibility, ease of use, familiar windows explorer type interface, and strong workflow tools allows Laserfiche to excel in any vertical market. We have installations in Manufacturing, Financial, Medical, Insurance, and Government. These installations range from 2 users to above 75 users with varying software skill levels from novice to expert and all of the users are able to hit the ground running with minimal training.

EA

Eda A.

Doing ediscovery from Laserfiche and it is a terrible products.

Pros

Basic interface. It is so basic that it is almost gives you the feeling that you are opening a mere folder from Windows 99

Cons

It does not support big documents. It gives error constantly while editing and logs you off. It is a terrible product for e discovery. The only function We need is to be able to see the documents. In lasefiche if the pdf is 100 page long good luck with that.

TS

Todd S.

Awesome Record Keeping Software

I work for an organization that uses Laserfiche daily. I find it intuitive and easy to use for both scanning documents and recalling them later. The ability to connect with existing software to create workflows is an ongoing process that makes pen and paper tasks much more digital and streamlined.

RP

Roland P.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Does the job as intended

Pros

Work flow and transfer to the appropriate departments. Being able to create workflows. OCR and its capability to scan documents.

Cons

Not having the capacity to work with our existing software (ie: Spectra); would be ideal if we didn't have to export and create a .csv file so this data can be integrated to our software.