Mighty Networks Logo
Mighty Networks

Build a different kind of community on a Mighty Network.

visit website

Mighty Networks Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.45/10

Reviews by rating

I love that Mighty Networks is its own network and free of all the other social media platforms. I also love the combination with content in the context of community.
I really appreciate the simplicity of the layout and the ability to schedule posts into the future. I also see that they are adding features that make the app more effective for my audience.
Mighty Network (MN) is an extremely robust platform for creating and nurturing a community of people with shared interests and a focus on transformation of some kind.
I also really hate that we have internal and external plans for workshop sign ups. It is a bad business plan to add key strokes to any process asking for a sale.

Holly S.

CEO, Lead Therapist

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Better Than Slack or Facebook

Transcript

Holly: Hi, I'm Holly, I'm a licensed clinical therapist, and I give Mighty Networks a five. And for more...

Marc M.

Marketing Consultant

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Mighty Networks User Review

Transcript

Marc D.: My name is Marc. I'm a marketing consultant and my rating for Mighty Networks is four out of...

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Switched from Facebook and never looked back

Pros

I used to use Facebook groups to manage my groups and host my courses separately, but MN allows me to manage my members and give them access to my content/courses. This has been a game changer for me as I have my content and membership in one location. MN is easy to navigate, the team are also fantastic always adding value on how to use the software. The customer service is also outstanding and responds quickly.

Cons

I think the learning curve, especially for my members from Facebook who are not tech savvy. It has taken them a while to get used to the MN and some of them have left, however, I am in the progress of signing up new members as they seem to adapt faster to the software.

CL

Cindi L.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great Community Hosting Platform

I am using Mighty Networks to host an online software and hardware training community for my company's products. I provide both general and custom assistance with "how do I" and "what is" software questions that are not in tech support's wheelhouse and I offer tips and techniques based on user questions and needs. Answers fellow users provide to help each other are vetted for accuracy and modified if needed. We are gradually weaning people away from clogging up tech support phone lines with issues based on operator ignorance. Thus far only 2% of our users are taking advantage of this service, so there's a lot of growth to come.

Pros

1. Mobility: Mighty Networks ability to enable me to create a community website with paid options that could be easily accessed on a computer, tablet or phone, without me having to have extensive staff or knowledge to produce different versions of content. 2. Reliability: The software doesn't fail. I haven't had any worries about my users being able to access content or the community. 3. Support:...

Cons

The biggest con for me is the lack of customer/user management features. I am not notified the instant someone cancels; in fact,. it's rare that I'm notified at all. I have to run daily reports and compare them to my existing database of members, to ensure I've welcomed everyone new, see who's been retained and who chose to leave. I can't just look at a settings file online and get a customer database...

DF

Donny F.

Sports, 51-200 employees

Halfway there

Useful but missing features

Pros

Its ideal and layout and what could be done with it, but has a lot of limits still

Cons

Customer support is no good. I dont even bother reaching out anymore. Also costs for making it your own app are horrendous

IR

Ian R.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Mighty Networks Review

So my comment above about using the group structure is the main business benefit. I really don't think anyone else offers it. So that has been pivotal.

Pros

The main feature for me is I have the courses and the community in one place. My classes require that I have a series of groups with say 20 students. But I have 15 of them. Each group posts to their own group and interacts with that group throughout the course. Each member can go and see what other groups are doing if they are curious. But they specifically work within a small group. I do not thing any other platform allows that. Also I deal with an older demographic and I did not want to use facebook, and I wanted the teaching platform and the groups all in one place. That has been invaluable.

Cons

So I am not very good with tech. And I found for myself that I was confused about setting it up. I also think I was sort of pushing the envelope in terms of my group structure so it was not a straight forward situation. But I got good support. And now it is all simple. Because I have a lot of retirement aged students I think they have issues with the tech too. But they have problems with zoom calls too so who knows. My needs are pretty striped down other than the groups and course platform. So there are lots of features I have never used.

Thanks for this detailed feedback Ian! We're glad you've found benefit in the ability to combine your courses with community and break out different cohort groups. We look forward to you getting more benefit from the other features as you grow with the platform!

JD

Joan D.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Engaged members = great community = better business

I love the folks that run Mighty Networks. They truly care about their users and are constantly listening to those of us who host networks on their platform. They believe in continuous improvement and are transparent and present for their users. I feel like I joined part of an online family rather than just signing up and using some piece of software. I'm delighted with my network!

Pros

My new online community—the Gutsy Great Novelist Writers Studio—hosted on the Mighty Networks platform is fantastically engaged in a way I never saw inside my Facebook group. The writers in this community have truly become friends. They collaborate on their writing, freely share knowledge, tips and resources, celebrate and laugh and have fun together, and mostly they're just super engaged with each other in a respectful space that's ad- and distraction-free. What I love most about MN is that as the host I can offer everything in one space: online classes, private groups, live events . . . all under one roof! Ahhhh!

Cons

There's a learning curve for users that needs to be carefully managed in an onboarding process, since the users are trying something new. So the set up time is somewhat labor-intensive, but MN offers an online class to help you design things wisely so you're set up for success in that regard. Once I got that onboarding process up and running, I was in great shape, and users that pay attention can be fully engaged within a very short time.

We really appreciate this feedback Joan and are happy to hear that you and your community have found a home on your Mighty Network where you can build real connections without distractions, while also helping you build your business. We will continue to look for ways to help our Hosts onboard their members so they can jump in and begin experiencing the community and results you are creating for them.

AS

Alex S.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

The Future of Digital Community

My experience has been amazing. I am 100% satisfied with Mighty Networks as a company and a product. The future of digital community is being build on the foundation that Mighty Networks is setting.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is the beautiful simplicity of the software. Although it's easy to use and clean, it also has a wide range of features that are continuously being added. Everyone who has joined my community has said the same thing, "This is amazing!" People love Mighty Networks because it is a true community builder!

Cons

It's difficult for me to find any cons or even constructive criticism for Mighty Networks. From my conversations with the MN team, I know we're still at the beginning. Perhaps I can mention a few enhancements that I'd like to see (I'm sure these are on the way) 1. No native video (Ideally, I'd be able to upload video directly within MN.) 2. Lack of ways to pay out ambassadors (Having simpler ways to pay members for referrals would be helpful as well.) 3. No "live" features inside of the program (I'd like to "go live" with my entire audience without having to leave MN.)

Thanks a ton Alex! We're glad to hear words like "beautiful simplicity" "easy" and "clean" associated with our software. Also happy to know that you're members are enjoying it!

RW

Ross W.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Combining user discussion, online courses, email list, and shareable content on one platform

Mighty Networks is where LinkedIn Groups could have been if they had not lost their way. LinkedIn would rarely solicit user feedback and always ignored it when they did interact with their users. MN actively solicits user feedback and builds that feedback into their development plans. LinkedIn changes were always surprises and disappointments. MN provides advance notice of what they are working on (or considering) and the enhancements are always excellent functional improvements.

Pros

We were able to move all of our discussions off LiinkedIn with the addition of splitting into multiple topics and sub-groups (not possible on LinkedIn). Further, we no longer need an email list program nor a separate course building platform with everything integrated on the MN platform. It is also hard to beat the availability of key people within MN when trying to push the platform to its limits. They are quick to respond and often add suggestions to their development plans.

Cons

Minor issue - moving discussion threads between topics is excellent, but replies can be lost when moving a discussion thread from one sub-group to another.

TF

Taryn F.

Starting w/a Following vs. From Scratch

Overall, I've used MN for a company that had a small following and it's been a wonderful place for community to thrive and folks are still poking around at all the resources that are available! However, I did also start one for my personal coaching business and without a following it's been tricky to funnel folks in even using the tactics they tell you.

Pros

I have been project manager getting our community site up and running AND I've started a MN for my own company. I do appreciate how supportive the resources and livestreams MN creates are for folks getting started. There's a robust amount of customization and they add new features regularly based on feedback. I've dreamed up multiple ways to use their 'course' feature (resources, course, ambassador resources, table of contents, session notes) -- and MN allows you the customizing ability to change language around how their courses are labeled within.

Cons

MN is limiting in it's features for plans. There have been a few times I've had an idea for how I'd like to accomplish, price and sell a plan, but am unable to do so based on their configuration. Also, I don't think it's intuitive for community members to navigate (and I'm tech savvy). You could see this in your free trial, but it does take a while to get the hang of all the different 'containers' and how to get back to the main feed from those containers + customizing all the settings for different groups (great feature, just a lot to customize).

GY

Glenn Y.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Leaves FB in the dust.

I finally feel comfortable creating a community where I get to set the tone and structure. I’m not limited to FB’s ever-changing “improvements” designed to open my wallet and get me to part with my money.

Pros

In looking for an alternative to FB with all its privacy leaks and financial shenanigans, I came across Mighty Networks. It has the feel of a quiet PRIVATE oasis for open communication between like-minded Souls with like-minded interests.

Cons

The downside is teaching people how to get into our community. That, and si wish there was a more flexibility in how I put up a course.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Lacking accessibilty

Pros

community members experience a fairly simple learning curve

Cons

Lacking in accessibility features for vision impaired people. Does not play well with popular programs for vision impaired people.

KA

Kristien A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great for getting started

Pros

Nice aesthetics, I like the way it delivers content. Makes it easy to start your membership/content management portal.

Cons

Wish there was a way to customize payment plans

HH

Holly H.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Better Than Slack or Facebook

Pros

Love the network app. It's such a decent place to actually network with people and not have so much distracting noise around you like Facebook and Slack. I couldn't recommend more.

Cons

Signing in is a hassle when trying to join a network. It really sucks having to keep having to log in although you're already in the network.

JB

Jeff B.

E-Learning, self-employed

The backbone of my business

It’s been tremendous and I recommend it to anyone looking to build community on a platform. It has exceeded my expectations at every turn.

Pros

I love the mobile-first design of the platform and the functionality through the app. Additionally, it’s the best way I’ve found to organize and interact with my content. This is a big deal when you create as much as I do. What really takes it over the edge is the amount of resources Mighty offers you to really make your platform sing.

Cons

It can occasionally be confusing to remember where to go on the site to edit some of the settings. The support is very prompt though, and there are lots of ways to search for answers.

AM

Anna Marie C.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

All-in-one Solution for Community Engagement

Business problems we're trying to solve - connecting a global community of entrepreneurs and leaders who share a common heritage, building entrepreneurship skills, and driving financial inclusion.

Pros

The aesthetics, affordability, and functionality are what initially drew me to the platform. The features that are customizable include: creating groups, courses, and membership levels.

Cons

Lack of real time customer support and onboarding are challenging. The Community Design course and the Mighty Hosts group are very helpful but when you need that quick response, the chat takes 24 hours to respond.

CJ

Caroline J.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Great, but could add valuable features

It has been positive, for the most part, but I struggle to know if I will continue as key functions don't appear to be on the horizon, such as the gallery/album feature I mentioned above.

Pros

The simple interface for members is positive and I like the course integration.

Cons

There are a few things...first, I would love a photo album feature. This is a big problem for community. We share photos and the live feed loses a lot of posts over time. I also really hate that we have internal and external plans for workshop sign ups. It is a bad business plan to add key strokes to any process asking for a sale! It is wildly confusing to everyone too.

JS

Julia S.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

A platform of potential!

We love Mighty Networks! It is always evolving, adding value and we are learning all the time. Our members love having a safe place to communicate and learn. You get out what you put in with MN!

Pros

The customisation options, the courses platform, the look and feel of the platform are all fantastic. As is Might Network's commitment to continuous improvement and the Mighty Host community and learning experiences.

Cons

The membership plans can be cumbersome and confusing. Would love to be able to duplicate and amend plans instead of starting from scratch each time. Customised welcome messaging would also be great.

LD

Laura D.

Sports, self-employed

So many possibilities with Mighty Networks!

Great software that they're always making improvements on. The team is very communicative and open to feedback. I really appreciate that.

Pros

MN puts together all the great elements of a community: a feed, courses, events, you name it!

Cons

The plans are messy but I believe they are in the process of redoing them. RIght now they are clunky to edit and consolidate.

EF

Elayne F.

Online Media, self-employed

Finally, a platform that GETS me!

The support has been incredible and makes me feel confident about taking a chance on the platform, investing in it and moving my community of 446 women over to it. I've been thinking about moving from Facebook for more than a year but didn't know where to go or how to make it work. Mighty Networks was the answer.

Pros

I'm most excited to have everything all in one place for my community and to focus on really building it here. With Mighty Networks, I will be able to close my Facebook group, cancel Teachable, cancel Clickfunnels and be able to offer my community special features like the app so they can connect with other women entrepreneurs in their area.

Cons

I'm not sure there's a way to do live chats within our groups yet, but I'm sure that's coming. ;)

We really appreciate hearing from you Elayne and are particularly glad to know that you'll be able to bring everything together in your Mighty Network.

MY

Mohammed Y.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

A positive and useful application that helped me accomplish many tasks with ease. I recommend using

A wonderful application and contains many features that I loved and recommend to everyone to use it.

Pros

Management and access to everything is very easy, and more than one operation is accomplished in a short time

Cons

There are a lot of advantages and nothing happened that bothered me or was negative

Emelda D.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Great Platform To Build A Community

It has been good so far, I really recommend it

Pros

I love being able to engage with teams and form different chat groups as we are working with cross functional teams

Cons

Some of the members could not navigate the platform with ease to locate project documents and resources

KA

Katie A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Depends on what you use it for

Eh. It's pretty limited.

Pros

The newsfeed style is great and our audience likes it since it feels like Facebook. The login is also easy.

Cons

The "plans" and pay gates are a mess. You can't delete a plan once you've created it and the structure/permissions are confusing at best. There's also a severe limit on indexing content you upload. You can only tag things once, so if you're organizing content by topic you have to upload multiple times to have it appear under different tags. Pretty shortsighted in that regard.

Darryl D.

Publishing, 51-200 employees

Good but not perfect

Mixed experience. Good platform, but I wanted a bit more control.

Pros

It is a good alternative to big social media platforms. It allows a lot of features that encourage participation.

Cons

We used it as a course platform, and felt a bit frustrated that we couldn't control some of the features.

Thanks for the feedback Darryl! We'd love to hear what you wanted more control over in the Courses feature.

Lynn H.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Mighty Networks is THE solution.

Pros

The whole package — MN is the reason my company went to market. Being able to grow a community around an interest (in our case, comedy) and deliver both belonging and mastery, all in the same place = game changer.

Cons

We come across occasional bugs and clunkinesses, but the support and product teams are always on the case.

RP

Redley P.

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Mighty Networks Overall

Mighty Networks can be a fantastic tool for setting up and managing your online community, but it might not be the greatest option for communities that are very large or for those seeking more sophisticated metrics and integrations.

Pros

It's easy to get startedSetting up a new community is pretty straightforward.You can make it look like your ownYou can customize the design of your community to match your brand.It helps people connectMighty Networks has features that encourage engagement and interaction among community members.You can make moneyYou can charge people to join your community or sell products and courses.

Cons

It's not built for huge communitiesIf you're expecting to have a massive community, this might not be the best fit.Analytics are basicYou won't get super detailed analytics and data.Limited integrationsYou may not find as many integrations with other tools as some other options.

SZ

Stephanie Z.

Useful

Pros

It is a great tool to develop networking with your colleagues!

Cons

I wish I can set up a group better. They have limited options for setting up groups.