All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Redbooth Reviews

Pros

It is good to have the ability to set up other team members with tasks and completion dates. Receiving the notifications via email is also a helpful experience.

Read the full review
Of the best platforms for project management, activities and times. Very good to get reports of hours in tasks and generate diagrams for deliveries.

Solsiret V.

Read the full review
Helps us work together on client projects and let our client know the progress on projects. Also love their integrations.

Madhav B.

Mario S.

Read the full review
Does the job but can sometimes be frustrating to use.

Yocheved S.

Read the full review
Missing status update option as native versus a tag.

4.4

A Solid Option for Task Management

Redbooth, the perfect platform for organizing team projects.

We are able to communicate more easily about our projects, and keep track of which assignments are upcoming and who's working on them with you.

Pros

Redbooth is a platform that we use to keep track of our team projects. With Redbooth we are able to see who is all working on the same project and which portion is assigned to each team member. Within the platform we are able to talk among each other about the project that we're working on. Redbooth increases our workflow by allowing us to find all of our information easily and giving us the ability to correlate with each other on our projects. Additionally, Redbooth notifications can be pushed through to your email account, so you never have to miss any information or update on your projects.

Cons

Sometimes the push notifications to your email account can appear to be messy if there's a lot going on in one task. This isn't too much of an issue though, since you can just open Redbooth from your email and view all the information there, in a much more clean space.

Simple task tracking software

It's been a great tool to keep client communication organized

Pros

1. The ease of adding columns to customize to different project's needs. 2. Very easy for clients to learn and use

Cons

1. lack of outside integrations 2. Task assignments: teaching clients to properly tag/notify people can be a challenge since it's not clear who or when people will get notified without knowing the software

Love RedBooth for its Ease of Use

Love Redbooth!

Pros

Very Easy to use and a great tool for collaboration. Perfect for a start up!

Cons

Capacity per employee is hard to track using this tool and reporting

Redbooth is OK

I think there are some improvements to be made with Redbooth to where its a little more user friendly

Pros

I like that you can organize your tasks into different sections and move them around. It is easy to view items. The chat feature is nice!

Cons

I do not like that one you enter in a comment after a certain amount of time you aren't able to edit the comment.

Super Easy To Use

My experience overall has been great as I have used the product since back when it was Teambox 4

Pros

Redbooth has a great UI and continues to make updates that makes the product super easy to use.

Cons

Missing status update option as native versus a tag. Also would love to be able to assign sub task to a person and set due dates for them similar to the main task.

It has almost everything but . . .

We use it for project planning and management. However, as our number of projects has grown we are finding internal communication within the platform to be increasingly problematic. We are scouting for a new solution.

Pros

We have been using this platform for almost a year and we love almost everything about it. It's super easy to set up and use. It's very intuitive.

Cons

It needs an internal chat feature that is not linked to a workspace. As we have added more projects we find it very difficult to find conversations within the application. All activity feeds and conversations are linked to a specific workspace. This requires us to sort through our workspaces to find the conversation. We have mentioned this to the Redbooth support team and their suggestion was to create a separate workspace to hold these conversations. This really isn't helpful to us and we don't want to create a Slack integration, especially after Slack's sale to Salesforce.

My opinion

Pros

This tools helps to maintain communication with the team and provides updates on the tasks

Cons

It can be complex if you are not familiar with the tool. My recommendation is to watch the videos in order to understand the tool functionality

Great for Project/Task Management

Pros

User interface, ease of use, dashboard organization, commenting ability

Cons

It can be a bit pricey for smaller departments or organizations

Really good

In general very good for the management of any project and its activities

Pros

Cons

Only that you do not have a free option.

Stability

Solved and helped our organization greatly, just not dependable for the long term.

Pros

Easy to use and function access platforms

Cons

hard and fast support issues not resolved, locked out of account with no recourse other than regenerating the organization from scratch, no backup.

+3 years using it. Always helped, but with a pinch of frustration.

Pros

Incredibly versatile, one-man-band type of collaboration software. It ties communication tools (HD videoconference and chat) with task management (recurring tasks, subtasks, ...), project management (lightweight Gantt chart, workload view and time tracking), all native, in one package. It also features native Android and iOS native apps. These work well for keeping in touch with the team and create/update tasks. This is specially important for teams who are dispersed (different cities, different timezones, ...). While you can easily spend hundreds of dollars on different softwares for different purposes, Redbooth ties it all together in one.

Cons

They've been through a lot of changes over these 3-4 years and they don't seem to have found their core yet. The UI still looks something out of the first drafts and doesn't look polished or slick like other players in the collaboration space like Asana or Slack. The Dashboard is somewhat useless and just mimics a prettier email inbox while having the same behavior. Their premise of replacing email is a bit doubtful. Lots of potential, but doesn't seem to go anywhere.

A Solid Option for Task Management

Redbooth is as strong as the amount of users who commit to it. We struggle to get everyone on board, and therefore a lot of task management still has to happen over email and text. However, on teams who have really bought into the software, Redbooth offers everything we need.

Pros

The layout of Redbooth, with horizontal columns that are flexible and moveable, has given us a really great way to organize our tasks, and schedule out a variety of time-based tasks and travel appointments. We also make use of the robust tagging and notification options within the software to manage our tasks appropriately across a 20+ member team.

Cons

A weak point of Redbooth is definitely the calendar view options. We really need the ability to view tasks on a calendar that are only under a specific tag, or viewing tasks for a single person across all workspaces. We also run into some issues with Word documents not displaying properly in the web interface, which just adds another step to download and look at a document when all you need is just to see it at a glance.

Used for marketing project management - good for limited budget + quick onboarding

-project management -cost savings

Pros

-Clear accountability for users who are assigned tasks -Clear paper trail of conversation/feedback given -Easy to scale up/down for different projects + teams -Many ways to structure a team and project -Straightforward UI - easy to onboard new team members -Cost-efficient -Easy to divide projects within the platform and create different user experiences for people touching different elements of a project -Easy timeline setup based on task input

Cons

-Glitchy at times (for example, upon upgrade, the customer support chat window covered up a critical button; difficult to format notes because once you've added bullets, it's hard to go back to normal formatting; difficult to drag elements to reorder) -File storage is extremely unheplful. When you upload attachments to tasks, they are just stored as files within a master file, and it takes significant time to organize them separately. We wound up ignoring this feature altogether -Additional notification setting options for tasks would be helpful - we wound up blasting people's emails, so they started ignoring Redbooth emails altogether

Heartache. Time Lost.

Not great. Don't like to write negative reviews, it just is what it is! Cost me a lot of time and money.

Pros

It's super fresh and flexible. Seems like the best thing since sliced bread when you start using it! My team thought it was going to be great.

Cons

It was far too flexible. We found that tasks were being created and not added to client accounts. Spent weeks doing an audit to recover about $30,000 from clients. The clients were not happy.

Very intuitive online project management tool for high productivity team working.

High control over project related tasks. Productivity improvement. Thousand of hours saved.

Pros

Redbooth helps to organize the entire team. Task related, always on schedule. Great user-friendly interface constantly evolving. Data stored in the cloud, access from any place and device. Android and iOS supported app. Very fast and professional support. Free collaboration possible for external clients via e-mail. Integration with many popular apps and services. Chrome and gmail connection. Many reports available. Zapier and API support for multi connection and automation across different platforms.

Cons

Really hard to find any. Any functionality that is not available directly inside Redbooth may be find and implemented from different aps via API support or Zapier.

Does the job but can sometimes be frustrating to use

Pros

I like the ability to clearly lay out tasks and create subtasks.

Cons

The view can sometimes be unintuitive. There are multiple screens you need to check to make sure you have all the most up to date information on your tasks. There is one view that shows updates on tasks, but it will only show the tasks that have updates. There is another screen that shows all your tasks in order of due date but doesn't clearly show which ones have updates. Then there's another view that lets you see all the tasks in a workspace but it's not immediately clear which ones have been updated recently.

Great User Interface, Intuitive with Many Features

The UI has changed a bunch over the last few months. It is now responsive and has icon placement pretty much where you'd expect to find things. The chat is helpful. Task templates make a great boilerplate for similar tasks, perhaps the checklist used to add a new user to your system. It is a bit expensive and the mobile app doesn't currently work well to remember who you are logged in as if using Google SSO.

Pros

Mobile app, alerts, responsive website.

Cons

Google SSO / Mobile App design and price

Get Ahead With Great Coordination

With Redbooth, we get our project organized and managed in the most effective way.

Pros

Firstly, it's very easy to get started with Redbooth. An easy and smooth configuration. Aside from that, it handles the project management impressively, with the guarantee to increase team performance. Wonderful templates are available for use. They have really responsive customer support also.

Cons

No major setbacks with Redbooth. Although we do encounter some minor setbacks with the way it deals with word documents.

Top Combination of Substance and Style

Pros

Redbooth help keeps our larger teams moving forward; creating a central repository of information. There are many task managers out there - and I surveyed about 20+ of them before settling with Redbooth. Redbooth offers a robust feature set, while staying simple and easy on the eyes. We found actual adoption and usability being a big stumbling block when we started to actual start to implement a company wide task tracker. We had tried Asana - but it's graphic design and complexity never allowed it to take hold. Redbooth is so quick to pick up that people actually like using it. For a single feature - I like the "Task to Email".

Cons

I think the ability to assign a subtask with a date could be useful. I would also like to be able to duplicate complete Projects. Small issues really.

Redbooth is the BEST project management software I've ever used

Have been using Redbooth for about 3 years now, started with just myself and my freelance work, now it's for my small business managing about 4 people and client proofing as well as milestones and work to give out to our social media team and designers.

Pros

Easy to use, incredible desktop and phone app, it's constantly updated, great tutorials and webinars.

Cons

Wish timing integration was done a little better

Great way to track tasks around multiple projects

Really love this product. I have tried many of the top task management softwares with myself and for clients and this one comes out tops for functionality and ease of use.

Pros

Very easy to use. The Dashboard helps you stay on track with what is due when across multiple streams of information.

Cons

I would like more functionality on the cell phone app

redbooth Feedback

Website creation with users in different time zones. Was an efficient tool to track tasks and timing.

Pros

Great flexibility to conduct complex projects with multi users. Ability to assign tasks, priorities defined by the users. Excellent tool for remote teams working on several threads while managing expectations (deliverable contents, time).

Cons

The software is complete as such. However, a better tutorial for new users would be useful.

Hi Marc, We are glad you have enjoyed using Redbooth for remote team project management. Thanks for the feedback on the better tutorials for new users, we are working on some new content specifically for new users! Cheers, Ryan

Useful Project Management Tool

Pros

I’m in charge of spearheading projects for my team and each of us has specific roles and responsibilities. Although, we have our individual duties, we collaborate on projects together to fulfill the requirements. I found Redbooth to be very useful in delegating assigned tasks and overseeing what my team is doing. It keeps me up-to-date to where we are heading. I can spot the progress which also depicts the initiative and drive of our team. I want people to be enthusiastic about their work and not just do it because they have to, but also because they want to.

Cons

I prefer to use this software while I’m working on my computer because it sometimes freezes when I use my phone. I wish it didn’t have to do that so I can also work from my phone.

Thank goodness for red booth!!!!

Pros

I'm horrible with organization of my projects. If it wasn't for my business partner and Redbooth.. I'd 1 probably forget projects and 2 be late.

Cons

Dashboard updates are confusing sometimes. Doesn't show updates on some tasks.

Awesome Task Management Software

I love Redbooth. It has completely transformed how my organization runs. We effectively use workspaces, tasks, and assignments to track all KPIs and current projects. The accountability and help the tool provides is great. I also love Redbooth Meetings for an easy video chat and screen share.

Pros

Ease of use and elegant design

Cons

I can't have my assistant schedule a Redbooth Meeting for me.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.