Yammer Logo

Yammer Reviews

User ratings

4.2

• Likelihood to recommend7.57/10

See full reviews by rating

Yammer is a great way to share info with your colleagues - whether it is a fun fact of the day or reinforcing important messages/due dates.
The perfect tool for setting up work channels. Easy to use, ability to create a number of different groups, can be linked through Microsoft Teams which is a great bonus.
We used this product while working with UK team. It was making our work fun & I could say it was a really helpful to build a better relationship with the overseas team while carrying out our work.
Everything becomes lost in between groups, it's difficult to remember who posted what where.
I feel that this app offered from the many by Microsoft has just been left behind a bit. With Teams now being the boom, I believe Yammer will tend to die if it is not implemented within Teams.
Sometimes having too many tools in the O365 makes it confusing for users to follow up on. Found that deleting posts may be a challenge.

Yammer users...

TeamViewer-logocaret

TeamViewer

Office Chat-logocaret

Office Chat

How would you rate Yammer?

Kipp M.

Program Manager

Computer & Network Security, 10,001+ employees

Good for Company Internal Social Media

Transcript

Kipp M.: Hi, my name is Kipp. I'm a senior consultant. I give Yammer four out of five stars. For more...

Handy

Transcript

Heather: Hi, my name is Heather. I'm a benefits team leader, and I give Yammer a three out of five rating....

Robust collaboration and inter-company social media application

Pros

Using it daily as my organization and its people post news, updates and the latest happenings. Easy to use, interact with other employees and collaborate across companies within the organization.

Cons

No cons as per my experience and use case.

Great for Community Enagement

Overall, for a larger company I would recommend Yammer, it can sync well with all your Microsoft products and it is a fast and efficient way to spread a message to a large amount of employees at the same time! Yammer can hold the messages, documents, trainings, videos so that you can still review them at your leisure as a user and still participate in the comments! I will say that if you are watching...

Pros

This is a great software to get everyone in the company (or community) involved! You can post updates to share company wide and all of those who have joined Yammer can not only access the details, attachments and/or videos attached, but the users can also comment and hold conversations about the topics posted. This system will also house documents, training, videos, company updates, polls, monthly...

Cons

The only con that I have experience is more of a "user settings" I would love to be able to exclude myself from several emails that I receive on what seems like a daily basis, however I have found a work around to just route the emails to a non-important folder until I do have time to review them! The only other hard thing that I have noticed when it comes to Yammer is when/if you are watching a "live feed" it can be a little confusing to keep up with the most recent comments/questions being posted while the feed it continuing.

Good for Employees Integration

Although a simple tool, I rarely publish anything on it. It's interesting overall but I think that currently LinkedIn has become that type of Social Media that Yammer was longing to be: where people publish both personal and professional accomplishments, pictures and share information.

Pros

It is nice to see employees getting along with each other in a professional but still casual tool. To receive weekly mails with the last news is also very interesting for having an overview of what's happening in the company - especially being a global one.

Cons

Yammer itself lacks a bit of appeal, its appearance is not nice and intuitive. I also believe some of the employees don't actually use it due to the great amount of groups and fragmentation inside the tool.

A great application to keep communicated

Pros

What I like about this application is Yammer is fully equipped to act as a central contact of contact and communication in my network. We have an international set (scattered) of people on my network and we choose Yammer in our communication center. We create a commercial space for each working group and another for our coordination team. Not only do we use group spaces, but also the messages between the members of the Yammer group are extremely effective and safe. We can write to individuals or create groups for continuous communication in the hammer. Therefore, although we must maintain the security of the information in the part of the world we use, we trust the aspects of security. I also use the iOS Yammer application to access my account and messages.

Cons

What I do not like about this application is the user interface is not rich and it seems and considers that it should improve. I'm not sure, but a little time is suspended. In addition, it is not very difficult to seek publication. It becomes more confusing again when several groups are created.

Company internal announcements on Yammer

Pros

Knowledge management, enterprise wide announcements, brief email notifications, one-stop shop for all key messages from the leadership

Cons

It is sometimes hard to navigate, better categorization of topics could be helpful

Yammer

Ele se trata de uma ferramenta ótima principal quando se trata de employer branding e comunicação interna. Um canal que agrega muito e que já vem com o office 365.

Pros

Integração, facilidade, descomplicado e otimizado

Cons

Não sei se ele possui pontos a melhorar! Gosto muito

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

function social networking tool

Pros

great for communicating and community building with customers and business colleagues. I like video and picture sharing with response emojis and comments. The polling feature where you can ask a question with multiple choice answers is great for getting feedback.

Cons

a broader range of quick response emojis would be helpful as I use this for business. eg. I agree/disagree rather than 'like/dislike' would feel more appropriate in some contexts.

社内のSNS

Pros

社内で、組織や上下関係なく、情報発信、個人の表現ができる

Cons

参加しない人、興味のない人は、全く参加しない

Showing original review in Japanese. See translation

Offers a great Community Building Tool For Teams in the Workplace

Pros

Yammer is the best tool to use for effective team collaboration when you want to reach a broad number of people at once especially when working remotely. It ensures effective communication with my colleagues and I had no problems integrating it with other Microsoft apps so it has been good to work with. The interface is easy to use and I can share my files and ideas with my colleagues with no issues and its also good when you want to establish or build a community with your team.

Cons

Yammer seems to operate more like a social media platform but marketed as a tool for professional use which can be distracting for employees that are highly occupied by their jobs.

Yammer - Internal Social Media app for organisations

My overall experience in using yammer has been okayish. Not that happy with it. There are much better options available instead of this. But it serves the purpose of internal communications though.

Pros

The praise and poll features are good. They have now added reactions to the posts as well now.

Cons

The experience in using the app is not that wholesome. The chat option is not that good. The main feed page can also be a bit better.

A Great Means to an End

Yammer has been so amazing at allowing the freelance workforce to come together and really discuss current issues and information about the work. Otherwise, we'd all be so isolated and unable to work together to enhance the finished product of transcripts. That information share is so, so important to not only get the best work to the client, but also to learn more and advance individually in the field. It links me to fellow transcriptionists and gives the human contact that makes up a huge portion of actually being to tolerate long hours of work. So thumbs-up, Yammer.

Pros

I use Yammer to link to fellow employees of Transcribeme. So far, Yammer has been extremely easy to navigate and I have not seen any glitches during my two years working with it. Yammer uses columns to organize your different feeds which helps with clarity. In a quick sweep of my feed, I can see the app directory, any new activity in all my groups, suggested managment or key team members to follow...

Cons

All the positives said, I think Yammer could work on it's design. Maybe it needs some modern touches and perhaps more social features. An amazing app that brings work-at-home people together could always do with more social features ie. a live-chat feature, customizable themes, more inviting interface because it's really important to catch the attention of freelancers so that they are more apt to frequent the site.

Social networking at work

Pros

With Yammer staff can learn to build connectivity at social level across organization and engage collaboratively to learn and develop their skills. Yammer helps organizations build a healthy learning environment where anybody can contribute. You can create knowledge share and interest groups where employees engage in discussion and hone their skills. The key is to use it appropriately. Instead of engaging...

Cons

It might appear to be a distraction for highly occupied employees. They just might not be able to respond to even to birthday greetings.

The standard network for business communication

In general, I have had an excellent experience with Yammer, it has everything you ask for from a collaborative tool and has the bonus of being part of the Microsoft ecosystem, which is possibly one of the most powerful in the entire market. It is a 100% recommended platform for any audience.

Pros

Yammer is a Microsoft platform and it has all the good things about this type of tool, it is very flexible, it has a lot of integrations with third parties, it works fast, it works on any device, it is safe and reliable, the updates are up to date, etc. Yammer is an excellent collaborative tool, that is its main function, it applies from small groups to gigantic companies, it is a platform designed for collaborative work and its tools and interface make it noticeable, it has a fairly formal but very well optimized interface. In addition, it is an excellent program for internal communication and transferring files. Yammer is a 10/10 platform.

Cons

The platform's advertising is very invasive, from the many emails that arrive, from unnecessary notifications to the phone, etc. The interface, although it's fine, is quite boring, it works well, but it doesn't encourage you to spend a lot of time on the platform.

Yammer - Share content and collaborate

I had never heard of Yammer before I started working at my company, but I've since discovered that it's one of the most popular workplace apps out there. It's used by companies of all sizes to share information, collaborate, and build relationships with employees and partners. When I first started using it, I was surprised at how many people I could connect with right away. Word quickly spread throughout the company about my new account, and I was soon receiving invitations to join groups and conversations with people all over the world. The platform allows me to interact with my colleagues in ways I never thought were possible. The social networking aspect of the platform has allowed our small business to grow and become more successful than ever before.

Pros

1. Yammer is a business social networking service that allows small and medium-sized businesses to create a private, secure online workspace to help build stronger relationships with colleagues, clients, and customers. 2.Yammer integrated with Office 365 services in a number of ways. Within Yammer itself, it will be possible for users to create Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents through Office Online. 3.It is a tool that allows users to easily create, share, and connect with Yammer-enabled applications. It is primarily used for communication, but it has the potential to accomplish a wide variety of other tasks. 4. It is a great platform to share links to articles and sites that can help you learn more about the technology.

Cons

1. It's expensive, members are often confused with the feature set is limited. 2. It can be difficult to add new members to Yammer and create new groups. It is also difficult to create new groups without an invitation

Good content sharing tool which is underutilized because there are a lot of alternatives

Yammer has helped us reduce the number of intracompany emails and also reduced the number of meetings since we all can collaborate within it.

Pros

Yammer is like a social media tool for workers in my company to interact with each other. We tried it out in 2016 and we never looked back. Company update can be sent to all members just like using an email, while documents, images and videos can be shared within it. It is cheap, sign up is free and have good customer support. You can easily join a group or create a group depending on what you want....

Cons

Yammer is too strict on 3rd party adverts within their platform. It is not widely popular and people just tend to disregard it. The learning curve for yammer use to be very low but recent additions and innovations somehow made it a bit steep for newbies. yammer work more like a social media platform rather a corporate tool with the many innovations been added to it The interface is too rigid for my liking. (personal dislike but my colleagues absolutely loved it)

Great Professional Version of Social Media!

My overall experience with Yammer has been phenomenal, and I am sure that my coworkers can attest to that experience, as well. I have been able to communicate efficiently with coworkers, I have been able to share documents with them, and we have all been able to update our "statuses" just as we would on most other informal social media sites. Would definitely recommend Yammer to anyone.

Pros

What I like best about Yammer is that it acts like a pseudo-social media site, but only within the inner circles of your near and distant coworkers, (meaning those who are on site and off site), but within the same company. The site makes for a nice getaway whenever you need a break from work and you want to see what everyone else has to say on their profiles, if you want to send direct messages back and forth to a coworker, if you want to share various files, (both professional and personal), among a slew of other features that are very reminiscent of other social media sites. Only individuals with the proper corporate email addresses are able to create an account on Yammer and join your inner group of friends, which is fantastic.

Cons

There is literally nothing that I do not like about this software, because its purpose is very simple - and all of what it is made for is being met, at least in my case, and I have been using the software for a decent amount of time now. The messaging is in real time, the interface is simple and appealing, and it is accessible on desktop, laptop, or mobile.

Private social media

Pros

Yammer is a intranet social media that run privately, among the workers of my organization. We have use it for sharing news and memo of our department or organization. We can have a private group that only our department use, or the public forum wheres everyone on the organization can freely communicate with each other.

Cons

Yammer is getting obsolete, as nowadays, no one have use it anymore. There are not new update of feature for the software, so we have lost interest on it. We only use it for to check update from our Administration department, any not using it for anything else anymore.

Best purpose is for sending bulletins to a community group

This is really more of a stay-connected tool for our company. Different functions, locations, or even hobby groups keep in touch here. Especially with more people working remotely, forums like Yammer are needed to share photos and stories to keep employees engaged and feeling a sense of community.

Pros

This is a great software for sharing random stories with a group in your organization. We have thousands in our organization. One of the Yammer "communities" of my organization is the entire company. It is enjoyable to read posts from others in our organization all around the world. It is more general or light-hearted news that is shared here, such as community service activities, industry trends,...

Cons

It seems there should be an administrator of Yammer within a company. It is a bit disorganized because anyone can create a new community. If an employee wanted to create a community that didn't align with the company's values, there should be administrative control of the process.

Yammer Review

Really enjoy using this tool!

Pros

My organization has been using this product for a few years now. It's a great communication tool for the company as a whole and within each department. As part of the Learning & Development department, we use Yammer to communicate training results and also send out quizzes to each department to test their knowledge. The tool is really easy to use, it reminds me a lot of Facebook in that it has...

Cons

It is sometimes hard to keep up with everything going on, especially if you are a member of many groups/pages. And if you put your notifications on so you get an email every time something is posted, it can be overwhelming at times.

A unique tool for coordinating communication between team members

Through Yammer, we have records that document the work of the different groups, and it also helps to manage the process of communication between them, thus shortening the time needed to communicate information to members, and this leads to better tracking of tasks.

Pros

Yammer enables us to create groups by specialization, so that we can easily share files and task updates, in addition to scheduling all events for all group members in a unified calendar. I like the fact that Slack integrates with email platforms, as well as Video Conferencing platforms, which enables us to interact more efficiently, as well as enable us to discuss, add comments and suggestions in an organized way. With Yammer and thanks to the high-quality automation provided with it, all dashboards stay up-to-date, based on updates from group members.

Cons

There are no negative things affecting the main functions of Yammer, I just need to lift some restrictions on formatting and editing the panels to become more relevant to the nature of our work.

A Unique Blend of Social and Business Collaboration Platform

I think my overall experience with Yammer is functional - yet, under-utilized. It provides and interesting social space within the hustle and bustle of a business world. I think some organizations can pull this integration off - but it is difficult. Yammer is built in a way that should increase collaboration and alleviate location based barriers for working teams. However, Yammer can fall into the potential pitfall of diving too far into a social trends over creating cross-functional teams. Therefore, in the end, I see a lot of promise in the tool - with quite of bit work left to go.

Pros

Yammer does a really nice job of offering a social platform for workers to interact with other across the company. I work in a large organization and Yammer is a tool that I use to interact with my business cohort across the country. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to add individuals to your connections, find like-minded groups, and share documents for others to review. I have tried using Yammer for various uses and have largely found it beneficial for keeping up with co-workers in off-site locations.

Cons

I think Yammer can fall a little too far into the social category for a business. I have often felt like the platform veers too far into a social media tool rather than a business collaboration platform. The user experience feels very similar to Facebook and often is difficult to differentiate it from other social platforms. I have had other experiences with other business tools that seems to pull this off a bit better than Yammer. From my experience, other business professionals realize this and stay away.

It's Facebook for your company employees

Yammer is a great networking and collaboration tool for employees, but you need to make sure your employees are willing to use it and follow the best practices you've implemented to keep new content coming in and organized along the way.

Pros

Yammer has the same look and features as your typical social media platform like Facebook. You can create new communities for specific groups, make comments and posts, @ mention other people, upload different media files like photos, videos, attachments, etc. It's a good way to keep your company connected if your employees are engaged in the first place.

Cons

Searching or filtering content was never successful. If you are trying to find old posts with a particular subject or file, you will need to be very specific with your keywords. Even then, Yammer will return a bunch of results for you to sift through. Recommend using tags with your posts if you plan on returning to them in the future. Many people do not do this so it's difficult to search for content.

Specialty specific physician message board

Pros

Provides an easy to use platform for communication and sharing. The relatively limited feature set keeps interacting with Yammer a straight forward experience. For our purposes Yammer provides a great substitute for the "Doctor's Lounge" that our physicians miss since we are a much larger organization than just a few years ago. Physicians can, in physician only environments, discuss patient cases and ask for advice and referrals to other specialists from a much larger community of their peers than are available at their physical location.

Cons

Because Yammer does not seem to have all the same connections to our AD database as other applications in Office 365 getting everyone onto the platform can be challenging. Creating and managing groups can be daunting as the platform is open. Controlling the types of communication on the platform can also be difficult and channel moderators have to stay vigilant. This does mean that the platform is creating new work for those staff chosen as channel moderators, and depending on adoption and usage this can be a significant commitment of time on a regular basis.

Facebook for your Coworkers

I used this at my prior company, and HR in particular found it to be rewarding. From celebrating milestone employee birthdays and announcing new hires to promoting newsletter content and collecting charitable donations across the enterprise, Yammer is great for casual announcements. Serious announcements, urgent communications and PR are still best distributed via email. But Yammer is scalable to your company. It can be as streamlined or intricate as you choose.

Pros

Yammer is modelled after social networking platforms, both from function and UI standpoints. So if you can use Facebook, you'll instantly feel comfortable on Yammer. Think of it as a social intranet - post companywide updates and photos, hold contests, have team-specific chats or channels to cut down on inbox clutter, and promote a culture that's both full and well-informed at your office. Yammer allows polls, and you can set up email notifications to make sure you don't miss anything that might be of interest to you.

Cons

Yammer's social function is still a bit lacking, and it doesn't integrate as seamlessly with Office 365 as I'd like. Be sure that your company is thoughtful about what should be communicated on Yammer, and what should still be sent via email. Adoption by other employees was a challenge for us, as it can feel like just anotjher platform to have to check on a daily basis. I did receive feedback from several colleagues along the lines of "I already check my email. It's easier to have all communications go though Outlook. Why would I want to add another platform to my list of things to check?"

Yammer Review

As said above, we're a big organization and having a platform where you can interaction in real time with a large or specific audience is great, even more so now that my entire company is working from home. We use other messaging services, but Yammer really helps with things like announcements, process updates, and communication in general. It's integrated perfectly into Office 365.

Pros

Yammer is a social networking platform that functions similarly to Facebook or NextDoor, but for professionals & businesses. My company is quite large, and we have a good amount of employee that work from home (even before the pandemic in 2020), so this is a great platform to use for communicating. I like how you can create teams that are small and very specific (like just my team, or all of the employees working in the same role as I) and broader (all div, all company etc.). The most useful tools to me are the ability to share process updates and by "liking" them you know who has read and acknowledged the update, and for creating polls for a specific audience to gauge which path to take when there are multiple solutions.

Cons

The Yammer layout is very similar to that of other social networking sites, I would like if they would give the software a facelift and make it more distinguishable from other, similar programs.