Zoho Docs Reviews

4.49/5 (123 reviews)

Colin McNicol

Zoho Docs - Writer, Sheets & Show Plus Cloud Storage

Reviewed 2019-01-17

Zoho Docs is a perfectly functional suite of tools to rival more popular rivals, but it is unlikely to displace Microsoft Office in the corporate world. That means it needs to be able to work with Office formats if you have clients or suppliers who will be sharing files with you. This generally isn't a problem, but not all features of Word, Excel and PowerPoint are supported. Some companies may still want a single copy of MS Office on hand to help manage this process. For most small business users, Zoho Docs (or the even better value Zoho One suite which includes Docs) can be a good alternative to both G-Suite and Office 365.

Pros
- Cost-effective alternative to basic Microsoft Office Suite - Word Processor (Writer), Spreadsheet (Sheets) and Presentation (Show) software included. - Writer great for creating HTML content for web pages - Syncs files with desktop - Integration with Google Drive and Dropbox - Strong Security - Good integration with other Zoho products - as you would expect

Cons
- Sheets doesn't have the power and analysis capabilities of Excel, but is perfectly functional for most small business use cases. - If you need to share files with external users you generally have to convert to more popular formats. These export options are available, but an extra step and another version of the file to manage.

Everianny Brito Padrón

An excellent alternative to save information in the cloud

Reviewed 2018-07-19

Zoho docs is an efficient solution for companies that need a cloud and modification of documents in real time. This powerful tool optimizes internal processes, generating greater collective work, competitiveness, performance and productivity, that's why I recommend it as one of the best services to work in the cloud.

Pros
In my work it is very important to stimulate collectivism in its different stages and functions, with the firm intention of endowing the investigations with analytical and technical elements of greater depth. Zoho Docs is an excellent alternative for collaborative work and in real time, it allows adjusting and modifying information hosted in the cloud with the purpose of making corrections, append information and modify the data that are necessary. Another interesting option of this software is the possibility of previewing documents in the cloud without the need to download. This option saves us a lot of time and effort in downloading the file and the corrections.

Cons
Although the platform offers great benefits, has an excellent intuitive system, and offers comprehensive solutions, this platform does not do all the work, therefore it is necessary to hire personnel in the area of accounting and administration to develop more detailed tasks

Binyamin Klempner

Zoho Docs: Easy and Intuitive

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-10-23

All in all, I wish I could replace Google Docs with Zoho Docs. I simply prefer using Zoho Docs more. If I had a large company I might do so for internal use. But given that most of the people I communicate with don't use, and have never used Zoho, it makes Zoho a difficult choice as a go to word processing platform.

Pros
Zoho Docs is easy to use, robust, online, and free for up to three users. It offers a feature rich platform not found on platforms that are entirely free. Work is saved automatically on the web so one never needs to worry about constantly saving work or fear losing it. Although its been a while since I've logged onto Zoho, writing this review reminds me of what a good word processing platform Zoho and what I'm missing by not taking greater advantage of the many features Zoho Docs has to offer. Given my personal preference, I'd rather use Zoho Docs over Google Docs.

Cons
The problem with Zoho Docs is that it isn't ubiquitous; whereas Google Docs is. If I want to share something on Zoho Docs they need a Zoho account and if they don't have a Zoho account they need to create one and this is considered a hassle by many, and indeed is a hassle. While more robust than some of its competitors, Zoho Docs is also a bit clumsy.

Rick Powell

Solid and sometimes superior replacement for Google Docs

Reviewed 2019-03-15

As always with Zoho products, I was pleasantly surprised at the features provided for free. However, certain workflow and performance issues keep me from using the tools full-time.

Pros
Zoho Docs wouldn't be all that special without Zoho Writer, which is the unsung hero of free online word processors. I've reviewed it positively on Capterra and highly recommend it. So it's hard to talk about Zoho Docs, which is basically the management hub for multiple Writer docs, without also talking about Writer. Zoho Docs provides feature parity with Google Docs and improves it in many respects. For instance, all Zoho Docs can be sync continuously with Dropbox. I guess it makes sense that Google Drive continuous sync isn't included. ;-) Zoho Writer now provides an integrated grammar checker/writing assistant called Zilia, which in my tests provides better advice than Grammarly and for free. I like the Zoho Docs templates better than those from Google Docs.

Cons
UI fonts are too small and too light to be read easily by these old eyes. I couldn't find any settings to change the default other than increasing the browser zoom. That's bad. Everything loads slowly on underpowered devices and there's no feedback as to the state of the interface. UI elements are therefore often slow to respond. No integration with Zoho Notebook, for some inexplicable reason, which makes Notebook kind of pointless. No integration with Evernote either so that's a definite workflow issue.

Mathew White

The best possible way to get done with cloud documents and file sharing.

Reviewed 2019-09-12

The experience was somehow alright but they really need to improve the services. Still, we have gained much benefits from this tool by creating efficiency in working and improving our cloud document service.

Pros
One of the most easy and efficient way to get our documents prepared online and can easily be shared with anyone. We can get easily prepare and download all kinds of formats. We can easily update our docs online and can easily implement them in our day-to-day routine. It's a reliable yet most productive tool to use.

Cons
I have issues in managing my files or arranging them in an orderly manner. Also, in order to edit the previously saved files, it gets hard to change the formatting. Sharing the files with other users, also creates issues in a more baffled way.

Megan McBride

It's not Microsoft, but a close second

Reviewed 2017-08-15

I really appreciate having an affordable alternative to Microsoft Office. It does everything we need, but without the high cost of installing Office on our server.

Pros
I love Microsoft and have used the office suite since high school (20+ years). I've always purchased the Office Suite for new computers, and we use them on work computers. But then we got a server at work and even though each employee already has Office on their computers, each employee accessing the server needs an additional license purchased on the server. And I've got about 15 people accessing the server, and there was no way I was paying to put all those licenses on the server. So we went with Zoho Docs and it works great. We're saving a ton of money and the programs have similar features.

Cons
If you're used to Microsoft Office products, Zoho Docs is similar but just a little different. Once you get used to the differences, it works great. I do miss some of the add-on plugins I use in excel (like ASAP utilities) but that's about it.

Anonymous

A Great concept that is not executed well

Reviewed 2019-01-28

Pros
The benefit of this product is its whole purpose. For their to be a software that houses all of our documents and make them accessible to users. It is even nicer that you can make some files open to some users, but not all of them.

Cons
The concept is there, but the execution falls short. We use a whole bunch of ZoHo products at the office. The issue is that some of them to not make work easier. ZoHo Docs is a perfect example. We are constantly having an issue with it syncing to our computers. It is often easier for a coworker to email the document, instead of putting it into the ZoHo Docs folder. This is because it does not sync easily.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Luis Daniel Rodriguez Vega

A powerful Google Docs Alternative

Reviewed 2019-06-18

Used it for a while and loved it.

Pros
If you need to be editing documents in the cloud or have them accessible somewhere without worrying about privacy issues, Zoho Docs is a good alternative. You can edit from the phone or website and even share the documents with other people. You can also have a team that can access the files and the free tier gives you a reasonable number of features for the tier. We use it mostly for corporate documents since you can brand or email in documents and we also use it to provide NDA's or password-protected documents with expiration links to customers. While some of the editor features might not be as responsive as Google Drive or Office, it's still really good! You can also chat with your collaborators and view everything on the mobile app.

Cons
Some of the paid features could be free features, like protected sharing and increased file sizes.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Elvis Franco

The ideal complement

Reviewed 2018-03-31

Pros
When you offer the client a professional email and also the possibility of having a folder of your pc and that you can take it everywhere, it is what they have always needed. Excellent for archives documents or important files that you need to present always avoiding the one that you have the memory or something because you will always have it available in the cloud and at your fingertips.

Cons
I really do not have anything in mind that I do not like or least like. It is simple and very easy to use.

Jensen Tschetter

Perfect for having all our bids, contracts, invoices, etc. in one place.

Reviewed 2019-02-15

We have been using zoho docs for about 3 years now, and it makes file sharing, and file backup super easy.

Pros
We love being able to securely access all our documents 24/7 from anywhere. The varying features like being able to share documents with other people in your organization, a text and audio chat in the bottom of every page, and being able to access all the documents right from our email page.

Cons
Sometimes i have noticed issues when trying to switch back and forth between bullet points, and numbering.

Jonathan Wynn

Stellar software

Reviewed 2017-12-24

The ability to edit and track edits in one place for a variety of document types.

Pros
I love that with ZOHO Docs, you can save, edit and send documents of any origin, which is something that competitors lack , additionally i like the simultaneity collaboration which helps everyone to stay in the loop on tasks big and small.

Cons
The only complaint i have about this software is that after adding larger files , we found that sometimes the loading became slower but that is the only issue i've experienced

Best Cloud System for Small Team

Reviewed 2019-03-26

Our overall experience with Zoho Docs has only been positive and I look forward to continuing to use Zoho Docs for all of our storing and sharing needs as we continue to grow as a team.

Pros
Zoho Docs is absolutely perfect for sharing and storing documents within my team. We are able to upload any documents that we can think of to make sure that they are safe and shared with the entire team. I would highly recommend Zoho Documents to any team that is looking for a cost-effective and easy way to share and store their documents for their small business.

Cons
The one thing that I don't like about Zoho Docs is that there seems to be a bit of an issue with loading up screenshots or other photo type of documents that we're looking to share with our creative team. Otherwise, the software is flawless and performs at a very high level for our team.

Anonymous

Free alternative to google docs business

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Its free alternative of google docs, docs spreadsheet i use it almost daily and sharing it with others is also very user friendly and hence i use it within my company team

Pros
We use zoho docs in my company for everything and google docs charges for the same features in their business plan but zoho gives it for free

Cons
Nice very close to what google docs provide but at times the loading time is a lot and slow performance when using zoho spreadsheet, formulas are not as good as google docs

William Valdez

Organizing and synchronizing

Reviewed 2018-12-31

Pros
I use this software to organize a work folder and keep it synchronized and supported. Its configuration is very simple. The appearance is simple but this allows your navigation to be faster.

Cons
On some occasions it has been difficult for me to download the content in the application. It is depending on the cellphone model.

Anonymous

Pretty good software for document management

Reviewed 2019-02-20

Pretty useful for me and easy to use. Customer support is also good.

Pros
I use Zoho Docs for document management in our company. We use it for document review and people can modify the document at the same time. Version control is also good for me.

Cons
I can use cell phone to access the documents anywhere and anytime.

Ramin Sultanov

Just everything you need!

Reviewed 2017-03-17

Zoho Docs is the best document management platform. Using amazing features which provided by Zoho Docs are allow you good chance to collaborate with your colleagues and also you can access the permissions. You don't have to download all files, just sync some important files and use them offline. Zoho Team had done a great job with that one. I think everyone needs that kind of docs program, so it definitely worth to try.

Pros
Price is reasonable, awesome features which are better than Google Docs in some cases and of course customer service is helpful.

Cons
Actually, I did not see any negative sides of Zoho Docs, but extra new tools would not be bad)

Orlando Marrone

A cloud to complement other services

Reviewed 2018-10-31

Pros
As simple as opening your file browser, add the files you want to backup and automatically everything is synchronized. From the cell phone you can access these files without having to use unnecessary space.

Cons
In my experience with Zoho, it is quite safe. I recommend it to you.

Doriangel Miranda León

A brilliant choice to leading applications.

Reviewed 2019-04-11

Pros
An excellent option that I have been trying for the functions of edition and construction of documents, a quite simple tool that involves the management of what I understand are the most basic functions of office automation, the writing of written text and the elaboration of spreadsheets. Zoho Doc has nothing to envy to the most popular tools, since although a revolutionary software does not fulfill its functions well with a touch of innovation.

Cons
I would like you to be a little more daring in innovation, as you could compete directly with market leaders.

Kayla Lopez

Online files

Reviewed 2018-12-01

Pros
In search of sharing files with specific users, with this software we could do it. Sharing folders by passwords allows us to show customers the progress of their requests. We use this cloud as an online records.

Cons
I'm doing very well from the PC and cellphone.

Henry Diaz

excellent to manage the files of a company, the easy way to share and upload files

Reviewed 2018-05-22

Pros
its user interface is quite friendly, very intuitive when using, the way to share with other users of my computer is great, since I can synchronize my computer with zoho docs, even upload files from my iphone. I really like that you have an online version to access my files from anywhere

Subasinghe Nuwan

It is a very useful document management application

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Manage the test-cases. Share the document with team members. Do my test designs after office time also.

Pros
-- Can create a word, spreadsheets & presentation related documents. -- the Same document can access same time by multiple users. -- Can sync documents to the local machine using ZOHO Docs windows application. -- Allow to attach files from google drive & sync the dropbox with the ZOHO account. -- Using smart chat can chat with the team members.

Cons
-- Sometimes changes are not applied properly to the document. -- Cannot generate the public links for the documents.

ARLENE WILLIAMS

Zoho Docs are great for creating and storing my files.

Reviewed 2018-03-23

Pros
Easy to use if you've ever used MS Word or Word Perfect. Cloud based which enables me to store my files securely.

Cons
The layout is a bit outdated but it has a majority of the functions I need. Which lets me edit and store my files.

Kensuke Kitamura

Easy and fast

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Pros
I use this software to manage my spread sheets and photos for my job. What I like about this software is very simple; there is no outstanding issue and it is fast. I might need to click several times to reach where I want, but it is functional.

Cons
As I stated above, I need to click or tap several times to reach the file I want when those files are shared by administrator. I have to click shared, then click shared to me, then choose the file. I tried Favorite once but it didn't list on my favorite folder somehow.

Orlando Marrone

Synchronizing the most important

Reviewed 2018-01-20

Pros
This program is excellent to take your most important files always with you . If you forgot something, do not worry, it's so simple to use that just by pasting in folder what you need, you'll have it on all the devices that are synchronized.

Cons
I would like there to be some type of file indicator, where the most active are shown to help with the cleaning issues.

Ysmael Fuentes

Store in the cloud is great and with this tool is even more

Reviewed 2018-06-28

Pros
Practical and simple to use is this multiplatform that allows you to store files, videos, among others, in the cloud. Save my documents and work in a shared way in the cloud is great, since I have them from any device and anywhere. Its toolbar is very complete and above all its option to preview the files before downloading ...

Cons
Impossible to give bad reference of this software, there are many functions and advantages that it offers, and definitely after starting its use it becomes essential