Contractor Foreman Reviews

Contractor Foreman

All-in-One Construction Management Software

4.53/5 (112 reviews)

Pros
  • In my research, NO software does it all, and if you need a program that directly correlates to your current process, then good luck. You're better of designing software yourself.Brent C.Read the full review
  • What i like most is that everyone can access everything in one place and not having different apps for different procedures. The time keeping feature has been a great asset to our company.Bari M.Read the full review
  • The customer support is outstanding. The guys at Contractor Foreman are fully committed to making thier system the best.David V.Read the full review
Cons
  • I assumed I would be charged for 1 month, but not the entire year. In addition, they claim there is a 100 day product satisfaction guarantee- I am unhappy after 2 days and still they refuse a refund.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • We had a few problems when first setting up but the problems were immediately reviewed and fixed.Savannah E.Read the full review
  • Missing critical items for overall job cost tracking.Devin C.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Ron Lawson

Easy to use, fast support responses, and value for money

Reviewed 2018-10-16

Pros
Price is amazing. Ease of use. Customer support is fast and seem to be eager to assist. What I love the most is I can request/suggest items from the desktop version be added to the mobile version. I have made 2-3 suggestions and I have seen all my suggestions integrated into the mobile version. I have had issues with the software a couple of times. I would create a support ticket with my issues and literally within minutes to just a couple of hours there would be an update pushed for the app and the issue was repaired. This software does pretty much everything you need it to do. I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. I tried several different applications and ConstructionForeman is and was by far the easiest to use and delivered alot more bang for the buck!

Cons
All my cons have been addressed so far through updates. I would like to see the mobile version have the ability to do everything the desktop version does as I use my phone for 95% of my business.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thanks Ron - I'm glad to hear that when there have been issues, our team has been prompt to resolve them. We use software services to run our business and understand the frustration when things do not work correctly and support is slow to resolve it. We try to make sure our customers avoid the same delays.

Alec Summersgill

A must buy to digitise site processes!

Reviewed 2020-05-06

Brilliant from the start, support throughout, clear pricing structure. Nothing to catch you out. Friendly and thorough support team. Plus great software that receives regular updates based on user suggestions. Makes you feel like you are being listened to and helping develop the software.

Pros
The ability to add multiple users including those outside of are company at no additional cost is brilliant, you can also easily give each user different access settings. The software is easy to use from the start as it is separated out into different features/processes. That said should you have a problem the support team is brilliant. Contactable via email, live chat and online training with ease, make the most of this as it is all included in the price. Given we were very much paper based for our processes changing to using Contractor Foreman was simple. But should you be transferring from other platforms this wont be a problem as the CSV upload system works great and templates are provided. Also there are training videos and webinars that pretty much cover all elements should you require any assistance.

Cons
It would be great to have multiple signatures available on the form builder, although aware this is a feature to be added in a coming update. A file management system would be brilliant so you don't have to re upload documents should you add them to the wrong area. That said aware again this is a feature to be added at some point. An integrated drawing/plan feature where you can add comment, pin issues etc would be brilliant. again believe this is looking to be added.

john sansoterra

Look elsewhere

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-03-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Horrible

Pros
Unfortunately this APP did not deliver as promised. We gave it a try due to a very cheap price. We had nothing but tech problems. We send 12-15 men out per day and everyone of them had glitches, It became more trouble than problems were solved. Don't waste your money. The promise of tech support was met by frustration and defensiveness from tech support. We wrote it off as a loss. Should have spent more time during the 30 day trial. Fail

Cons
Read the fine print. Make sure you cancel. Our card was charged. We contacted contractor foreman the same day. Explained our difficulty and the fact we had not used in 6 months, only refunded 80% FOR ONE DAY !! Scammers

Response from Contractor Foreman

Hi John.

This review is far from accurate. Looking back at your account, you never started a Live Chat session with us. The only support ticket you created said "I have questions" and when we asked you to send us the list, there was no reply. You and Renee scheduled three training sessions with us and were a No Show for each. We were here and willing to help you as we do all of our customers.

At no point do we ever get frustrated if someone reports a problem. We know that if one customer is having a problem, that means others are - so why would we not want to resolve that immediately? No software is perfect but any customer who has ever reported a problem can testify to the swift action we take to duplicate the problem and fix it. Most are fixed in less than 24 hours.

It's unfortunate that this did not work out but we had our hand extended out the whole time awaiting you to arrive to the trainings and to reply to the ticket.

Thank you John.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Austin Galloway

Invaluable

Reviewed 2020-03-26

Revolutionary for my business in every digital way

Pros
Schedule blocking and flow is awesome. So many features and options always does more than you need.

Cons
Occasional crashing of app, needs to be restarted and sometimes the buttons take multiple taps to react which is strange and frustrating but not always

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Austin for the great review. Anytime there is a crash on your end, we get a notification on our end. The development team is able to review the issues and fix the problem and release an update within a day or two. Please make sure you have the latest version of the app so that these issues are not happening. If there is still a problem, email us or click Live Chat and we will make sure it is resolved immediately.

Jake Vice

A lot of features, great support staff

Reviewed 2020-03-25

It has been somewhat frustrating being so used to how Quickbooks online is setup and functions and then having to try and reprogram my brain to setup all of our systems in this new software's terms. Fortunately the customer support team is extremely responsive and very helpful.

Pros
The ability of being a one-stop shop for all our project management files for our crew foremen is excellent

Cons
Unfortunately for us it seems like this program is more focused on large scale general contractors and is almost too advanced for our needs. Perhaps we will get there over time and evolve with the software to start tracking all the metrics that this program is setup to track.

Levi Ostlund

Great Project Manager Software

Reviewed 2020-03-29

Great. It is a great product with many features.

Pros
User friendly. It runs with the big dogs of software like procore. It has alot of features and they are improving always.

Cons
Support. I would like to talk to some one more, via phone.

Scott Henwood

Great product. Outstanding people behind it.

Reviewed 2020-05-18

Pros
The ability to integrate into QuickBooks is a gamechanger for efficiency and workflow. There are tutorial videos on every page to help anyone who doesn't feel confident with what they're doing. Customer service is quick, responsive, and helpful.

Cons
More analytical data could be built in - the ability to really dig deep into the numbers driving the business.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Scott for the great review regarding the recent UI changes we've made to the apps. We will finish these changes are part of the May update as this will substantially make the app more user friendly for all users. We will revise the Edit mode to show a new Common view that includes the fields used by most people but still providing access to click View All Fields to see the lest popular fields in use. This will allow you to see the most important information on the screen without the need to scroll.

Neil Lamborn

Always Improving!

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Contractor Foreman is well worth the investment. I like the constant improvements that the developers are always working on. Customer service is very responsive. I have made multiple suggestions to development and have always received a response whether it be for more info or sometimes, what their plan is to implement my suggestion.

Pros
Contractor Foreman is very customizable. I like that the user can has to do a minimal amount of setup in order to start using the software.

Cons
This is very basic software. Reporting is somewhat lacking but the user has the ability to create custom reports with available data.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Ryan Willis

Up and Coming Project Management Software

Reviewed 2020-03-20

We have enjoyed using this software and working with the CF team.

Pros
Our company has fully migrated our operations to CF over the past few months. It has been a great organizational tool to manage all of our ongoing projects. The best part about CF is their support team, they are always available to assist and answer your questions about the robust number of features.

Cons
Being new, it is still being developed and kinks worked out. But the updates are consistent and the software gets better each update.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Ryan for the great review. We have a great team and always aim to provide great service. We know that there are many others in this space and we want each customer to have an amazing experience when they trust us to help them manage their projects. We will continue to release monthly updates and and add new features and make improvements. Adding new features and solving problems drives us to be better each day. -Steve

Joseph Reese

Awesome program! Looked at many.

Reviewed 2020-03-29

Great at first, then I had to really learn how to use all the features and that got rough but mainly because I had to also learn construction billing, now its easy and love it.

Pros
It allows my whole company to stay connected, makes my life a lot easier because billing is all in one place. Tracks employee hrs, they can create nites amd change orders on the spot.

Cons
Takes time to learn, I came from quickbooks and was green to construction accounting.

David Vaughan

Great Package!

Reviewed 2020-04-12

Great!

Pros
We needed a system for sharing files: Project contacts, schedules, safety plans, daily reports, progress photos, RFIs, submittals, etc. We tried cloud-based share drives but just had difficulties. Contractor Foreman makes it easy to share files. We use MS Project for scheduling. Many of our clients require us to submit schedules in MS Project. Contractor Foreman's scheduling feature can import and export MS Project Files. Very helpful. Best scheduling functionality with or without MS Project files we have seen after reviewing three other project management systems. Project Foreman's functionality far exceeds our driving need to share files effectively. We are still learning how we can streamline our subcontracting, schedule of values, and invoicing processes. Contractor Foreman allows us to customize templates which we have used for simplifying change orders, and we think we can use templates for warranty and release of claims statements for subcontractor closeout. In short, Contractor is a powerful and versitile project management platform. It is easy to schedule training to get your PM's and Superintendents up to speed with the system. The customer support is outstanding. The guys at Contractor Foreman are fully committed to making thier system the best.

Cons
Contractor Foreman is easy to use but, it is not the easiest system to use on the market. I haven't tried to get a Superintendent to use the system yet but, I think non-computer savvy superintendents are going. struggle. Contractor Foreman's outstanding customer support will be helpful. There are features that could be improved. There are features that could be included but are not. I would like to see a customizable daily report that is one page, no tabs. I will suggest that with the Contractor Foreman team. The templates function has a lot of potential for improving current features and adding new features. included

Jason McGuire

Contractor foreman 1 year review

Reviewed 2019-10-07

We've solved time theft. It's transformed our estimating and to-do list of estimates and following up with clients.

Pros
I love the time card functions especially since it's been updated. This will save you the cost of the program alone. Very easy to use and save files and photos to review. To-do list is great. We complete projects from 15 - 100k and it's been a great help for us. Highly recommend this product.

Cons
Geo fencing isn't here yet. Can't wait for that.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Jason for this great review. Geofencing was added in the September update. You can enable it in Company Settings > Time. The range is defined in Project > Details. New features are being added for it including the ability to allow users of certain roles to not be required to be within the geofence area to clock in - such as a supervisor who is away from the job for a meeting about the particular job or buying materials, etc. We will continue to make the time card function even more beneficial and recently added overtime tracking. More features are on the way!

Michael Rubinstein

Excellent Software and Great customer service

Reviewed 2020-05-05

Great software...the hardest part is to make people use it...

Pros
I like the ease of use and the flexibility of the software. I really like that everything is completely adjustable and if something is missing the development team is really attentive to the suggestions and new options or features. Its always being updated and improved and has a great deal of options and features that are very helpful.

Cons
There are some minor bugs that still need to be polished out. Mostly on the mobile application however it seems that the development team is on top of it so as long as those bugs are presented and addressed to the team, they seem to be worked out quickly. I wanted to have the client portal and when I brought this up, it was already in development. Overall no major complaints

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Michael for the great review. We look forward to releasing the Client Portal in our June update.

Matt Kuehn

Finally

Reviewed 2019-10-07

Pros
I am just starting to use the software but so far it is very easy to use. They obviously designed it for the average person to use effectively without a massive learning curve. The cost is a no-brainer compared to the competition.

Cons
I have not found any yet. Some of the training videos the sound breaks up.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Matt for the feedback. You are right - we did build it so that it would be easy to learn for those in the office as well as the field. Time is money and we want to reduce the time it takes to understand how to use the system. Once someone understands how one module works, the rest of the system is pretty much the same and very easy to use for all skill levels.

Amanda Ram

Review- Just getting started

Reviewed 2020-05-08

Everyone has been super helpful. Especially since I am doing all the set up on my own! This is going to help us eliminate a lot of paper!!!!

Pros
I am still in the process of integrating and setting everything up. I am learning everyday! Help is readily available whether through an email, chat, scheduled training, video or a panicked phone call! What I like most is the ability to have all pertinent information for each project available in one spot and being able to assign the level of access within roles. Implementation will be my hurdle! Changing old school habits!

Cons
I would like more ability to hide features/functions from dashboard/menu which we will not be using. Just to keep it decluttered and streamlined for users. I understand this is coming in May - folders within a project. (not just through files/photo tab) I need to be able to open a project, go to my files and have them organized in folders. Not a page of Pdf's. Excited for this. Also being in Ontario, I'm going to need to add most of my own Safety Topic info. I have a great pdf book of all topics. Page per topic. It would be nice when creating a topic to be able to attach the page in topic text window. (since pages have pic's etc. copy & paste doesn't translate into a readable document. I think the Forms has been my biggest hurdle. Through no fault of the app. lol I currenting have all my forms and checklists is a fillable pdf format, which I can add. However, once filled in I can't save that copy to project. So, I guess I'll just have tp pick away at making new forms! lol

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Wendell Thomas

Worth every penny

Reviewed 2019-10-07

It has been a wonderful experience and has made life much easier. It is extremely user friendly and very cost effective. Quite possibly the best Project Management purchase to date.

Pros
It is extremely easy to use and even easier to set up. I have been training employees over the past month and a half and they have all taken to it wonderfully. The ease of set up has been the best.

Cons
It is hard to have anything bad to say about the software. The developer team is easy to talk to, changes are made frequently and they are always improving what they have.

Brandon Harrington

Great Software for contractors

Reviewed 2019-10-04

Pros
It has a ton of features and really is a complete solution for contractors. The phone app has the same exact functionality as the web version. It also has allowed us to eliminate some other programs we were using on top of our old project management software. Support has been great and is always very responsive.

Cons
It does lack some customization most other companies have also I feel like it has so many features that some basic things were over looked when developing. But they do up date the system monthly with fixes and improvements so I know in the long run it will be much better.

Tom Gostinger

Contractor Foreman - Basic decision overview

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-10-07

Pros
The program offers a platform that meets a lot of our needs. From project managing to tracking field staff, this program brings our staff together in a way we didn't previously have.

Cons
There are a few other features I'd like to see, such as scheduling field crews in a more traditional way instead of from the "general contractor" perspective. This is something I've brought up to the company and they have said it's something they're looking into. And, on the positive end, I've noticed a lot of updates and innovation within the programs in the time I've worked with Contractor Foreman.

Brent Collins

Lots of Tools to mold your process to a paperless one

Reviewed 2019-04-01

We are a subcontractor that performs concrete work like curbs and sidewalks. We needed a paperless system that would allow our foreman to fill out daily logs and site information, as well as time sheets. We looked at many programs but none of them had the straightforward basic style of form filling that we needed, and if they did, those programs were $400-$1k per month! Contractor Foreman is, essentially, a construction / contractor management software that streamlines daily tasks. The good part about this program is that it has so many features that any business can mold their current workflow or process to the one in Contractor Foreman by finding the right tools in the application. In my research, NO software does it all, and if you need a program that directly correlates to your current process, then good luck! You're better of designing software yourself. However, if you have some flexibility and want to eliminate all those costly miscommunications and loss of notes, then definitely give CF a try!

Pros
-Easy to setup -Easy to add records like jobs, employees, and daily logs -Continually adding new features -Quick customer service when setting up

Cons
-There are many features which I would like to see added -Was buggy at first, but all have been fixed now

David Mirassou

Love Contractor Foreman

Reviewed 2019-10-04

The people at CF are great, quick to respond and they continue to upgrade!!

Pros
Love working with Contractor Forman!! It has helped me get a substantially better understanding of my business and total control of our reporting versus having several different programs.

Cons
It took me a little time to get to know it but not as long as my previous software.

Jim Critzer

Highly Recommended

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Overall experience is this has allowed us to cancel Tsheets, we are currently entertaining cancelling QB online (we use desktop as well). Communication issues with the field, the clients, the office become integrated into 1 place also allowing for miscommunication. change orders, punch lists, estimating, job costing...etc. again to be integrated into 1 place. Love the software!!

Pros
The functionality of the software is unmatched at the price point. Tried countless other software programs/apps to only be missing more than 1 piece we needed or the price point was so far out of our budget. Contractor Foreman offers the biggest bang for the buck, has allowed us to cancel other apps and bring everything into 1 application. Project Management, Time Clock, Budgeting, Job Costing...etc. Constant updates and upgrades!

Cons
The ramp up was a little cumbersome - Free Training solved the issues Personally my biggest con is the inability to customize the actual layout of the estimates/invoices... Only other con is the learning curve BUT if i/we allow time for the learning curve to run it's course we haven't been disappointed yet

Deanna M phillips

Learning curve of course, they are willing to help.

Reviewed 2020-04-02

We are now able to build estimates and budgets in 1 platform and we can integrate our quickbooks too.

Pros
It is designed specifically for the construction industry. Customer service does respond to emails and phone calls usually the same day. Free live training via video chat. Unlimited training at not additional cost. Much lower in price to competitors.

Cons
Limited CRM capability. Not much in automation. Still have to use a separate service for mass emailing and texting of our current and potential clients. Does not help with marketing to clients.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Johny Sam Ilango Patrick

Amazing App!

Reviewed 2018-10-16

This helps me set estimates,fix budgets, generate invoices, note down retainer amounts and keep every contact and business transaction in check without having to note down anything separately as the app is comprehensive in meeting all my business needs.

Pros
The team behind this app is amazing. They're responsive, helpful and quick to resolve any queries that I bring to their notice. The app itself evolves to include features that will add value to businesses and this is something that any company would love to see. The app is intuitive and works really well with complex features that not a lot of apps offer with this much ease.

Cons
Calendar functions could be improved to make it the perfect app!

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thanks Johny for your kind words about our Support team. We know that it is one of the many factors that sets us apart from others. We do plan on adding more features to the calendar. Being able to used fixed and variable retainage held is something that many of our competitors do not offer so we are glad it is a valuable feature for you.

Candi Dickerson

Excellent Tool One Stop Shopping

Reviewed 2018-10-17

I have 10 different inputs for a single job that all roll up / out to various business functions. CF took me from 4 different APPs to one!!

Pros
The ease of use- and the fact that it's available for desktop and app. I need both from an administrative perspective and for my job Foremans.

Cons
I am a little ADD based on my nature :) It would be nice to be able to HIDE the screens/options I don't want to see. The same thing that makes the tool SO attractive, which is TONS of different options and items to integrate is the item I would like to be able to customize to reduce. But I'd rather have the options available so in this case it's not a con as much as a personal preference.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Candi for the great feedback. To hide items from the menu that you do not plan to use, go to Settings > Roles and set the item's property to No Access. This will hide it completely. Later, if you decided you are ready to use it, you can return to the original setting. This helps you and your crew ensure you are focusing on the features you use.

Joey Cole

Great Program

Reviewed 2020-05-08

Contractor Foreman has helped us begin to streamline a lot of things and cut down tremendously on paperwork.

Pros
The timecards with GPS and the change orders are the best features for our business. Overall the system is pretty convenient to use.

Cons
I wish there was a way to disable the default jobs from the timecards section.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Joey for the great review. You can remove the default jobs by going to Company Settings > Custom > Time Cards. We look forward to bringing you many more great features. Thank you again, we do appreciate it.