Contractor Foreman Reviews

Pros

I really liked the program when I first sat down and did an overview. It seemed like it would be very user friendly and I liked that layout and the abilities of the program.

david m.

Chris C.

Its been pretty fantastic so far. The customer service is right there if you have any questions, great training and they have how-to videos beside every subject...these guys did it right.

Neil A.

Cons

Also the estimating inputting seems to be a struggle. Maybe its that we are new but going from Estimate to SOV to whatever is next is a struggle and we still dont have it down.

Shawn B.

Difficult to set up and use. Integration and transferring from screen to screen and phase to phase crazy.

James C.

Very rude customer service. Huge mistake trying this company.

Alison V.

Contractor Foreman Review

Transcript

Jana: Hi, I'm Jana and I'm a partner here, and we own a home building business. And I would rate Contractor...

Comprehensive Platform

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Tom. I'm a human resources director for a flooring industry, and I would give...

Easy to use, fast support responses, and value for money

Pros

Price is amazing. Ease of use. Customer support is fast and seem to be eager to assist. What I love the most is I can request/suggest items from the desktop version be added to the mobile version. I have made 2-3 suggestions and I have seen all my suggestions integrated into the mobile version. I have had issues with the software a couple of times. I would create a support ticket with my issues and literally within minutes to just a couple of hours there would be an update pushed for the app and the issue was repaired. This software does pretty much everything you need it to do. I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. I tried several different applications and ConstructionForeman is and was by far the easiest to use and delivered alot more bang for the buck!

Cons

All my cons have been addressed so far through updates. I would like to see the mobile version have the ability to do everything the desktop version does as I use my phone for 95% of my business.

Thanks Ron - I'm glad to hear that when there have been issues, our team has been prompt to resolve them. We use software services to run our business and understand the frustration when things do not work correctly and support is slow to resolve it. We try to make sure our customers avoid the same delays.

GREAT SOFTWARE TO KEEP YOU ORGINIZED WHEN U HAVE SO MUCH ON THE GO

Awesome as I just started this company funds were tight and they were flexible and allowed me to make monthly payments so i could use the software. Other software's were 50 less a month but they were so confusing I couldn't make a estimate even after 1 hour of training so trust me this is the best software for small start up construction company's like mine

Pros

Contractor Forman was the 4th trials software I used and by far was the easiest to learn and navigate through without any training. I need to get training on invoicing % of jobs and when i finally hired a employee I need help with time cards but the estimate software was so simple to create professional estimates

Cons

I wish I could scan documents and receipts in and have it auto populate the amount date items etc. Also I could be wrong here but i think any tools u buy for the company need to be placed under a project which is rare for me.

Budget-Friendly Project Management Software

Contractor Foreman has been a decent software for our company once we figured out how to use it. Setting up projects was a much different process than we were used to with our previous software. It doesn't have quite all of the features we'd like for tracking certificates of insurance and things of that nature, but we are a niche construction type company; we are a small business working large Government...

Pros

The cost is the biggest pro for this software. For the price, you can't beat it. It does an adequate job tracking the things we need to track, and the scheduling tool is great.

Cons

This software was very difficult to implement for our type of construction business. We do a lot of Government projects that require tracking unique items and obtaining different forms that we do electronically that we need our site superintendent able to track as well as office staff. The way to create the forms is difficult to figure out, and the formatting doesn't hold from one screen to the next so we get random spaces and periods in the finished product.

Thank you Sarah for the review. We do allow you to track certificates of insurance, GLI, and much more. It also sends notifications to you and the contractor (if you enable it). Can you provide more detail on which other tracking features you need? Thanks!

A budget software with serious usefulness

Although roll out of CF has been a bit bumpy and there is certainly a learning curve involved, it has been good! Every Step of the way has been a bit easier knowing there is always support to reach out to if you have any issues or confusion.

Pros

This software packs more punch than you would expect at its meager price point. It offers so much in the way of construction management that it is almost unbelievable. The best part? AWESOME customer service, ltterlay at your fingertips. If you are struggling with anything, an agent (usually one of the same few people) are available in less than 5 minutes to help you with whatever you are struggling with.

Cons

Since this software is a bit new, it is kind of clunky. Some of the processes to do things are less than efficient, and it definitely isn't "as pretty" as some of the other competitors, but what other competitors are charging $10,000+ for, CF charges about $1,500.00. However, this is made up for my the fact that they are constantly updating based on real customer feedback, I am genuinely excited to see where this product is heading!

Thank you Lindsey for the awesome review! We've worked hard to add awesome features and now we are in the process of making it prettier and even easier to use. Each month we will release an update that will improve your experience.

New Contractor Foreman User

The training people at Contractor Foreman have been a pleasure to work with. The certainly understand our business and terminology. This has been a very good fit for our company.

Pros

We are just starting with the implementation of this software and doing as many training videos as possible. So far, we are very pleased with the ease of integration to our business, but it is going to take us some time to be fully integrated and have all of us using the system properly.

Cons

The length of time that it will take us to master the system. I wish we could become much more proficient within a few weeks, but I think it's going to take us much longer to be using all of the features properly.

Thank you Brian for the great review. We really do appreciate your feedback and trusting us to help you manage your project needs. We will continue to improve and add new features and we are certain that you will continue to be happy that you made the switch to Contractor Foreman.

Best All In One Software for Construction!

Creating estimate/proposals, Change Orders and sending to customers for signature approval. Easy invoice creation. All of my estimates/change orders, invoices are modifiable to meet my style, and needs.

Pros

How they provide all of the necessary tools needed to manage a project, from beginning to end. Every module has a training video, Customer service is exceptional. I am able to send estimates and change order to customers and request a signature, without having the customer sign in to the system to view and sign. The option is there for the customer to log in as a customer viewer and view everything about the project.

Cons

Minor glitches on documents editing. Some editing functions need to be equal through out the software.

From Mom & Pop to Modern Efficiency

I have had a great experience with Contractor Foreman and would recommend this platform for any GC or Contractor looking to run lean. Excited to see the first project run through the phases with this software.

Pros

We are still new to the software, but the implementation has been seamless. The supports staff helped me build a training schedule for my team based on the pre-recorded modules. The system seems to be very intuitive and I'm looking forward to running our first project through Contractor Foreman this week.

Cons

The software does not have the markup feature released, yet. It is supposed to come out with the next update. We are looking forward to this as it will eliminate additional software needs. Customer service is fantastic when you are in contact with a person. Very knowledgeable and eager to assist. However I'm not a fan of receiving so many automated emails. Others might find it helpful.

The best out there for the price

It has been great and their quick to help out or implement changes you ask for, I have done demos with almost every other software out there and while some say they have a lot of features none of them compare to CF.

Pros

All of the features, believe me I did a demo on ALL others and this one always came out as the leader plus they are constantly upgrading and adding new features. Let them know what you need or want and they will do their best to make it happen.

Cons

I wish some things were more customized easily to suite our very unique needs.

Very pleased

We are very pleased with this product, it has helped take our business to the next level!

Pros

What I like most about this product so far is estimating feature, once you get your products and templates built estimating is a breeze. Another great feature is the scheduling feature for projects and crews!

Cons

We have used this product for over a year now and as of yet everything this software has to offer meets our needs.

Thank you Austin for the great review. We will continue to add even more features and improvements to the Estimating module as well as all others. We are committed to providing the best construction management system at the most affordable price.

Lots of features under one platform

For the price you get a lot of useful features, daily reports were the highlight, fillable forms, RFIs and how it managed those files was nice.

Pros

Covered a lot of things we use multiple applications for, the file system and document tracking was great

Cons

Time tracking and schedule were okay but not what we were expecting. There is so much going on that sometimes it feels overwhelming.

Searching for F I V E years!!

EXCEPTIONAL. Again - from the beginning with other companies, our time was mostly spent figuring out "workarounds" for their issues. No software will be everything to everyone, but this one is close. We've searched for FIVE years and have used most of the bigger names in the construction industry. Most highly overpriced, and poor customer service. CF has great people, all willing to help and they're even modifying the system monthly based on their customer feedback. What? A company that cares what we think?

Pros

For the FIRST time in engaging with new software - the positives are more than the mandated "workarounds". Easy to use. Simple to train. Seems to be EXCEPTIONAL at caring about what their customers want. Took the time to get the TWO WAY INTEGRATION figured out with Quickbooks (no one else has done this that we've worked with). Honest about the shortcomings, but again very motivated to change as needed.

Cons

Wish there was more attention paid to "coloring" the dashboards. Making colors correspond to the areas that you are working within. Wish that they'd put together either a Procedural book, or help more with a documented training. It's not hard to train, just would be nice to have a roadmap per see.

WOW!! We get a lot of great reviews and this is one of the greatest. But with all of that said, we will not rest. Each month we will release a new update with new features and enhancements and we will continue to improve and help you save time and money. The search for the right solution can take a long time - we know, because we use other solutions as well. Thank you for sharing your experience with others and we look forward to serving you. -Steven Gabbard, Founder

A great upgrade to our management of projects

Overall, I'm very happy so far with the experience. The staff are very responsive and helpful, and will always look to improve the product with suggestions and bug submittals, and the app being feature heavy is extremely important in our situation.

Pros

- The integration of the whole platform is very good, including externally with Quickbooks Online. - Ability to do time sheets in the field without separate software. - Cost codes and cost items that can be used for different jobs, this is huge for us. - Other fringe abilities, such as sending billing to a different person vs. the customer, and CC'ing multiple folks. - The apps are really feature heavy for a construction software, many other competitors, the apps are just terrible vs. the web portal.

Cons

- The Service Ticket and Work Order systems don't work that well, and leave us lacking. - So far I have found tons of bugs in the iOS app, though I will say they try to address them quickly. - Might seem odd, but can't assign multiple wage rates to the same employee depending on cost code/item. This is huge for contractors that deal with Davis-Bacon wages.

Thank you Chuck for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. If you will, send us a list of the suggestion you have for how we can make Service Tickets better. It's one of the most popular features but we get very little feedback about it so we are always looking for suggestions on how we can make it even better. steven@contractorforeman.com

Jr. J

I think you have a great software with tons of potential and it is very all encompassing, I think you could charge a lot more for the software with some enhancement to the user interface online and in app as well as adding those abilities to time track any type of order but most of all the one thing above all else that keeps you from being able to charge more is the lack of integration training and...

Pros

You have a lot of features built into one place.

Cons

Not very user friendly, wording and descriptions for permissions for example are confusing, app user interface could be simplified for field techs, should be able to have a customer with multiple locations and the biggest feature that is missing is the ability to require time tracking on work orders and change orders. Also hate that you cannot create a service ticket with an item from an estimate or sov. Also, hate that you cannot create estimates, invoices, payments, change orders, work orders, po's, bills, expenses or add subcontractors through the project summary unless one has already been created outside of the summary.

Thank you Jessica for the feedback. Will you please send me additional details bout the Con's you mentioned? support@contractorforeman.com. It's difficult for a service provider to provide live phone support that is able to answer your call when you answer without charging as much as our providers do. Most of our customers do not need that level of service so we work to keep the price low by offering live chat support and email support even during the evening and weekends.

I love this

Pros

That the support team is the greatest and that they really want to help. I wasn't quiet sure the other day when i wasn't getting a response only because i was not going to the right place to ask the question. The software is great and once you get use to the menu it really is a great product. I am so happy that we are getting this for our office. You get very important stuff for a great price. This is not over priced at all compared to others and it gives you more than the other competitors do.

Cons

Not knowing how to copy and paste instead of having to enter the same information multiple times.

Thank you Toshua for the great review. We are glad that we can provide a great product and great support at a fraction of the costs that others charge. -Thank you.

A must buy to digitise site processes!

Brilliant from the start, support throughout, clear pricing structure. Nothing to catch you out. Friendly and thorough support team. Plus great software that receives regular updates based on user suggestions. Makes you feel like you are being listened to and helping develop the software.

Pros

The ability to add multiple users including those outside of are company at no additional cost is brilliant, you can also easily give each user different access settings. The software is easy to use from the start as it is separated out into different features/processes. That said should you have a problem the support team is brilliant. Contactable via email, live chat and online training with ease,...

Cons

It would be great to have multiple signatures available on the form builder, although aware this is a feature to be added in a coming update. A file management system would be brilliant so you don't have to re upload documents should you add them to the wrong area. That said aware again this is a feature to be added at some point. An integrated drawing/plan feature where you can add comment, pin issues etc would be brilliant. again believe this is looking to be added.

Great Package!

Great!

Pros

We needed a system for sharing files: Project contacts, schedules, safety plans, daily reports, progress photos, RFIs, submittals, etc. We tried cloud-based share drives but just had difficulties. Contractor Foreman makes it easy to share files. We use MS Project for scheduling. Many of our clients require us to submit schedules in MS Project. Contractor Foreman's scheduling feature can import...

Cons

Contractor Foreman is easy to use but, it is not the easiest system to use on the market. I haven't tried to get a Superintendent to use the system yet but, I think non-computer savvy superintendents are going. struggle. Contractor Foreman's outstanding customer support will be helpful. There are features that could be improved. There are features that could be included but are not. I would like to see a customizable daily report that is one page, no tabs. I will suggest that with the Contractor Foreman team. The templates function has a lot of potential for improving current features and adding new features. included

Comprehensive Platform

We chose Contractor Foreman because we wanted ONE program that would accomplish the tasks of the many (6 or so) programs we were using. This software helped to consolidate our efforts and bring our company together in regards to standard operating procedures. We are still in the beginning stages of implementation, however we've been able to run many projects through from start to finish and we are very pleased with the plan.

Pros

This is a comprehensive software, that my company has integrated into everyday use. The aspect I like the most is that it is always improving. The innovators working in the background at Contractor Foreman are constantly seeking to optimize.

Cons

The biggest problem we've had is waiting on the ability to connect with QuickBooks Desktop. At this point the connection is ready and my team just needs to follow the steps.

From

Right now I am overall pleased with what i am getting for the money. It is very comprehensive and it appears that the leadership recognizes the room and areas for improvement and are making an honest attempt to make it bette. I give creit for that because most companies dont engage at all. Ive been asked for my response every other day and contacted by someone for training every few days. This to me is priceless. It appears on the cover anyway, these guys actually care. Until they prove me wrong, I will believe them and support them.

Pros

I think that coming from one of the major providers to Contractor Foreman I expected alot less than what we have. In fact, I am impressed at how much it offers for the price. I like that it has almost everything in one place from the client portal to schedules, to bugets, and so on.

Cons

I would love to see better forms or template options. Even if it was easier to create a template would be helpful because we use different templates for different Brands in the commercial industry and we need to be able to create them in this platform. Also the estimating inputting seems to be a struggle. Maybe its that we are new but going from Estimate to SOV to whatever is next is a struggle and...

Our search is over!

Exceptional! Support has been amazing as well as all the friendly staff. Very personable and knowledgeable.

Pros

The versatility! Being an electrical contractor that works in both residential and commercial, its difficult to find a platform that works for service, small projects and larger scale projects. Not only is this platform versatile, it also has a flow that works and makes sense. It has consolidated two other platforms we were paying for as well as two in house solutions, saving us 1000's over the next few year. We are already seeing the benefits in project management and accountability as a company not to mention the elimination of redundant data entry and a streamlined system.

Cons

The only thing so far is the lack of a timeline on the service ticket screen to see a live view by service tech.

Fantastic ROI

So far, fantastic. We are excited to see already what this software is able to do as well as find out what else it can do that we aren't aware of yet.

Pros

A whole lot of functionality all in one place. I like having a single place for myself, subs, and clients to access the information needed.

Cons

Seems there's some redundancy. Not sure if I missed it, but a quick start training to estimating would be beneficial. Example - it's easy to find "estimates" and create one, but if you do this outside of opportunities you will have to manually tie the estimate to the project later. There should be a best practice that shows how to utilize the system in the most efficient manner to save time.

Great Software

Experience has been good.

Pros

Works well with Quickbooks. It also has a nice estimate worksheet that is customizable.

Cons

Navagation could be easier. I would prefer the navigation based on customer vs a large dashboard you have to navigate.

Contractor foreman 1 year review

We've solved time theft. It's transformed our estimating and to-do list of estimates and following up with clients.

Pros

I love the time card functions especially since it's been updated. This will save you the cost of the program alone. Very easy to use and save files and photos to review. To-do list is great. We complete projects from 15 - 100k and it's been a great help for us. Highly recommend this product.

Cons

Geo fencing isn't here yet. Can't wait for that.

Thank you Jason for this great review. Geofencing was added in the September update. You can enable it in Company Settings > Time. The range is defined in Project > Details. New features are being added for it including the ability to allow users of certain roles to not be required to be within the geofence area to clock in - such as a supervisor who is away from the job for a meeting about the particular job or buying materials, etc. We will continue to make the time card function even more beneficial and recently added overtime tracking. More features are on the way!

Impartial

I'm very impartial. I was very impressed at first with my tutorial which made me want to purchase the program, but once purchased I realized that even for small questions it took an hour to get an answer out of someone on multiple occasions that should have been simple "set status to this" or "create an invoice this way for a project." So overall I am not as happy with Contractor Foreman as I expected to be and never would have purchased it for the amount of money if I knew it was going to cause so many issues.

Pros

Cons

The program is extremely picky, one must know exactly how it works or it won't work at all the way one would expect. The program has extreme potential to be so user friendly and it'sjust not. Every Estimate, Invoice, project, ect must be set at certain statuses to do what the program is expected to do. I consider myself fairly tech savvy and could not figure out how to print an estimate without help....

Hi David. Are you sure you were using Contractor Foreman? To print anything, you just click View/Email PDF. Then the PDF opens like a PDF normally would and you can print it. The program is VERY flexible. That is what most people like about it compared to other systems where you have to follow a certain path. Yes, the status does trigger certain actions. While you are building your Estimate and...

Invaluable

Revolutionary for my business in every digital way

Pros

Schedule blocking and flow is awesome. So many features and options always does more than you need.

Cons

Occasional crashing of app, needs to be restarted and sometimes the buttons take multiple taps to react which is strange and frustrating but not always

Thank you Austin for the great review. Anytime there is a crash on your end, we get a notification on our end. The development team is able to review the issues and fix the problem and release an update within a day or two. Please make sure you have the latest version of the app so that these issues are not happening. If there is still a problem, email us or click Live Chat and we will make sure it is resolved immediately.

I am very impressed with this software and extremely excited to see it help our company grow.

Very excited that I choose Contractor Foreman.

Pros

The project management tools are amazing.

Cons

It just a lot of information to get use to but it's just the typical learning stages of getting started. It normal.

One of the great things about Contractor Foreman is that you are more likely to grow into it than you will out grow it. We all want to succeed and when we get a point, sometimes the systems we started with no longer meet our needs. Contractor Foreman is different. The price is excellent for smaller and new companies and the features also fit the need of large established companies. This reduces the need to look for alternatives as you move from Residential to Commercial or as you grow and add new employees.