Textura

Simplify Construction Billing and Payments

Textura Reviews

This product allows me to do my job quickly & efficiently

This product is quite possibly my favorite program used to link all project members. Hands down the easiest and most comprehensive document sharing product available.

Pros

The format allows you to see the big picture of the project and the ability to zero in my particular scope.

Cons

In my experience, some GCs don't close their projects and I still receive notifications for projects that have ended. That may be the fault of the GC and not the developers.

Submittal Exchange Non-Construction Industry User

By in large, it has been positive and a useful product.

Pros

I am overseeing a construction project for my school district and have been required to use Submittal Exchange to manage submittals, meeting agendas, document and artifact storage, etc. While it took me a little while to understand the details of the system, once I did, I was able to follow the logic of the system and find most anything that I need to have access to.

Cons

Not a criticism of the software, but it is definitely written specifically for the construction industry and there is some industry knowledge that you must have to use the system appropriately. The only way I have been able to acquire the requisite information is through third parties. I wish that Submittal Exchange provided some of this information up front.

An OK program for smaller companies

Pros

You can use this program as a centralized location for project documents. The program does not have great customization options for sorting through RFI's, Submittals, etc.

Cons

The program seems outdated, not much has changed about it over the last 3 years i have been using it as a subcontractor

Great tool for construction admin

Pros

It keeps everything you need in one spot - whether it's the latest drawings, open RFIs, PCO/COs. You can set time limits and keep up with the schedule

Cons

Graphics/ interface could be cleaner and more intuitive

Ordinary Program

Pros

I think for the sake of submittal exchange being a good program for sharing submittals, field notes, and photos it is easy to use.

Cons

The downloads take 30 minutes! This is too time consuming.

Textura is a clicking nightmare with the most condescending service ever.

Pros

Not one thing. You basically pay to be treated like crap. It is a clicking nightmare. Difficult to find what you are looking for.

Cons

Condescending service. Difficult to use. Not user friendly. When you call in for help, they treat you like complete crap.

MEP Engineer using Submittal Exchange for RFIs and Submittal processing

Pros

+Email notifications for submittals and RFIs that are in my court (MEP Engineer); email notifications when the architect has sent back the RFI to the contractor +Can access all RFIs at once and log gives detailed history

Cons

-Software is tailored more for contractor use and not so much MEP Engineer or Architect; therefore permissions of what can be viewed are limited

Great Way To Track Information

Pros

I like being able to upload submittal information and track it's progression through the approval process.

Cons

The interface. It's a bit bland and it makes it a little difficult to spot open submittals.

Bid Organizer is a little bit off of track!

Pros

Not that much I can say that really sums up what it's all about, but something that I liked from the program is its reliability.

Cons

I used to be a faithful user to this program but it never really modernized and for me that is a real deal breaker.