BookedIN Reviews

4.65/5 (192 reviews)

Angela Briggs

I'm so glad I switched to BookedIn

Reviewed 2016-11-29

I have been using BookedIn for 2 years now. It has been an amazing time saver for me. Prior to using this service, I wasted lots of time returning phone calls to clients asking for appointments. They would leave me a messege, I 'd leave them a messegeback, and it would go on for a few days before we settled on a time. Between every client I'd have emails, voicemails, and texts to reply to clients asking for an appointment. Now they go to the link on my website and see my availability and schedule their own appointment. It appears on my calandar and I get an email notification. If they ask for an appointment the old way (by texting me, calling me, or emailing me) I promptly text them or email them the link. At the time of appointments, I make the next appointment for my client using BookedIn in the office. I worried that I would not be in control of my schedule, but it hasn't felt that way at all. I still set the parameters that clients can choose from and it works out great for both me and my clients. The email reminder to clients has cut down on no-shows too. The BookeIn program also has a built in email invoice that I use for billing no-shows. The client receives an email bill, pays it online, and the money is deposited into my account. Saves time, stamps, envelopes, paper, and printer ink. My personal google calandar with my own dentist appointments or conferences or kids activities is imported into my work BookedIn calandar so I know not to book clients during those times. This feature has made it seamless to mange to calendars (home and work). If i have questions or suggestions for improvement, I speak directly to the developers and they are very helpful and responsive. BookedIn is more affordable than it's competitors and doesn't include useless features I don't need, but rather has many options for me to customize the program to be exactly what I need. I can't reccommend BookedIn enough!

Pros

Cons
Sometimes the loading time is slow

Caroline Graham-Brown

Flexible time saver and easy to use

Reviewed 2016-09-09

I am delighted with BookedIN. It has so many convenient features that are saving me a lot of time. And it is easy to set up, with friendly online support.

Pros
My clients can run through my diary easily to see what slots are available and taking a slot is easy. Setting up was straightforward. In particular, linking with Paypal was easier than some of the others that I tried before choosing BookedIN. I love the diary sync. I used to manually type clients' details from the booking site to my calendar. And when the client pays, this shows up on the calendar. The payment system is easy too. I used to manually prepare invoices. Then I would have to chase them up. This system resolves that manual work. I have saved at least 6 hours a week, and I work just 3 days a week, so that is significant. I have been able to charge different prices for daytime and evenings too. The diary syncing is just so easy. With 2-way syncing I have been able to add personal diary events on the go (hairdresser, evenings out) and they show up on my diary in the office. This is so convenient. I am very happy indeed with my switch to BookedIN. It is terrific that my clients' bookings go straight to the calendar and that they can write me notes. And the system makes payment magically easy for both me and the client. It is great that I can see at a glance when clients have paid. I think this has saved me around 6 hours a week, and for someone who works just 3 days a week, this is significant.dated. I used to do this manually. I am spending less time typing, collecting fees is easy. So I am less stressed and have more more time to spend on my clients.

Cons
I am looking forward to the SMS facility which I understand is in development. It might be nice to offer a few more automatic emails, perhaps after the event, encouraging clients to write me a friendly review.

Maria Arongaus

This software makes mine and my clients' life softer

Reviewed 2016-10-27

I have a busy, small home business, where I work by myself. When I first started the only help I had was my answering machine. So clients would call me when I was busy with a client and unable to answer the phone to book an appointment, many times they called from work and left a message to call them back. If I had a little spare time I would call back only to get their voice mail, saying they were unavailable at that time, and this was the hide and seek game we played until we finally got a hold of each other, it was sometimes very frustrating for me and for them. My husband found out about BookedIn and suggested me I should give it a try. I was a little bit intimidated about using the system, because I am not so good with computerized technology, but decided to go for it. I am glad I did, it is so easy to use and made a big difference on my business, on how I use my time, on my performance and state of mind and my relationship with my clients. I have received comments from my clients on how glad they are to be able to book their own appointment, picking the day and time that best match their schedules. About the features in the software I can't say too much because I don't know how to use all of them, but I am happy with what I am using, customer support I only used once, about a misunderstanding on receiving payment, but after I got in touch with customer support team it was corrected very quickly, and value for the money is good too, because would cost me a lot more if I had to hire a secretary. So I am very satisfied with the software, which I have been using for over 3 years. Thank you BookedIn Team. Maria Arongaus

Pros
Makes my life a lot easier.

Cons
Can't think of anything now

Benjamin Asher

This is the first booking tool I've used, but I'll never stop using it. It's easy, and saves time.

Reviewed 2018-02-01

The main benifit is time. I dont have to personally book appointments, have lengthy conversations via email, Facebook, text, in person, anything. Theres always a 10 minute juggle of calendars when booking appointments in person, ots frustrating. Not anymore. It's a great booking tool and it gives the client the control within the parameters you set. Customization is great, the auto features are awesome. If you dislike excessive customer service this is a gold mine! It's worth a 30 day trial. I'm now a subscriber.

Pros
1) I like that my clients can book without texting me or meeting with me in person. Saves me a lot of time both at work and at home. 2) I love the deposit and auto refund tools. I always take deposits before booking, and if the client cancels they get a refund without having to come see me in person. 3) The reminders and sync is awesome for both me and my client. I get all the info I need, they get reminders, confirmations, and calendar sync, it's phenomenal. No lengthy texts or sending personal reminders. It's all there for them to confirm without me taking the time from my schedule. 4) I like the variety of customization options. Charge different deposits for different services, time for rest between appointments, hours available, everything.

Cons
My suggestions, if bookedin is reading any of this - 1) Categories for services and the ability to limit how many of any certain service/service category is available each day. I dont want 3 touch ups in 1 day, I want 1 touch up a day for 3 days. Maybe I overlooked something, but I dont think this is an option. 2) For my clients - search for service by time availability is unavailable. My clients have to manually click on each day in my calendar to see if I have 6 hours available. I think it would be easier if there was an option to view the services, choose the service, then see highlighted days available to them. Keep the same system! Just add an alternative as well. If that makes sense.

Marco Castaneda

More than Valuable, Vital for many!

Reviewed 2016-10-27

Thanks to BookedIN, I often have even first-time clients book their OWN appointments! Though this can be very valuable when one has limited staff, it is vital when one is a solo-entrepreneur. My patients happily report that scheduling through BookedIN is clear and simple, and in the few instances I have wanted a hand - the BookedIN help-desk staff has always proved top-notch, professional and friendly. I'm looking forward to more BookedIN service in the future, and rate BookedIN 5 out of 5 AND an A+ on service! ' M Castaneda, DC (www.GoDrC.com, Knoxville, TN)

Pros
Ease of use, friendliness of staff, and the fact that Mike I. is reachable! :)

Cons
Still hoping it might incorporate texting of reminders sometime soon!

Jayme Henderson

The Revolutionary RMT

Reviewed 2016-10-27

I've been using Booked In for 2+ years now. I cannot adequately express how much time and energy this booking platform has saved me. I run a busy Massage Therapy clinic with four other RMTs. I can easily update schedules; add a practitioner and modify services offered. The program is easy to use and doesn't require my patients to have yet another login and password {trust me, more important than you';Ltd think!} Both patients and practioners love the e-mail confirmation feature. It has reduced the number of missed appointments and allows clients to reboook if something has come up. I don't think you will find another program as easy to use and financially feasible for a small business owner. The customer support is phenomenal. Any questions I've had have been addressed in a timely and friendly manner. I have recommended Booked In to a number of other small business owners & will continue to do so. We love supporting a Canadian small business!

Michael Maish

Excellent solution and great value

Reviewed 2019-05-17

Bookings our primary business model but do form an important part of it, so we needed a platform with good functionality but not a restaurant-level price tag. BookedIN has been perfect for that, and offers a great experience to both us and our customers

Pros
Easy and intuitive to set up and navigate. Integration with website and social media works well. Simple interface has surprisingly rich features that allow you to customise the customer experience. Paypal integration works well. When required, customer support has been responsive and helpful.

Cons
The one feature I'd like to see added is a good print function for the calendar, in our case to give a daily schedule to our staff. At this point your options are limited to taking a screen capture of the information.

Kathy Wojcik

An organized time machine

Reviewed 2017-03-14

BookedIn improved my business and enhanced my life. My clients love it because it is so easy to use. I love it because I can control my time. The software is very intuitive. The graphics are crisp, clean and easy to read. I can sort clients by name and it shows all their appointment history. I can even request a payment using BookedIn. I did a lot of research on scheduling platforms. Some are less expensive, but the support that BookedIn provides is simply amazing. They answer questions in just minutes - day or night! My clients also love that they can drop me a note when they make an appointment. BookedIn is a wonderful tool. Try it and see what it can do for you!

Pros
The displays. The ability to sort by client. The day off button. How easy it is to alter my hours and set up different types of work.

Cons
I wish it dealt with time zone changes. I travel and my clients are from all over. If they could book in their time zone and they could see my schedule in their time zone, it sure would be more user friendly for them. Then I'd want to see my appointment in my time zone, depending upon where I was located . I've also gotten some feedback that clients can't cancel their appointments. They keep contacting me to cancel the appointment for them. This needs to be clarified. Directions for cancelling should be visible to clients.

Victory Ram

Innovative and easy!

Reviewed 2016-10-27

I've used BookedIN for years for my business and I've never had a single issue. I love that someone actually answers their emails too - there is a real person on the other end! I'm also loving their app; makes bookings or changes even easier. I'll continue to use BookedIN for years and you should too!

Pros
There's always someone answering my emails!

Cons
The app sometimes will reload itself and I have to sign in again and again

Fiona Bergson

Owner of a business with 12 employees using booked since 2013

Reviewed 2018-06-28

Pros
The automatic reminder to the clients is one of my favorite feature, booking clients have never been that easy and to see what the recent activities have been and what's going on. I love the side bar that keeps you updated on the upcoming appointments for the day. It is easy to confirm appointments also.

Cons
The fact that we are not able to see the appointments without internet connection is kind of annoying since I travel a lot. Finding a way to make it possible would be a big improvement

Jeff Cohen

Run don't walk

Reviewed 2016-09-09

I'm a busy person. I run a coaching practice, have an organization of Business Owners that support each other and individual clients that I consult with. Making appointments with others has always been a 3-5 step process. You know, asking what time works or suggesting one or two while HOPING that you've got a workable time. Getting a counter offer, finally agreeing on a time...TOTAL HASTLE...until Bookedin! When I started using Bookedin I was unable to review the product because it was missing a key feature that was an enormous impact for me. Now that the calendar sync is in I am not only happy to write the review, I'm ELATED! I've been shopping for appointment booking systems for a long time. I would look and then stop and get frustrated as they were so complicated I could not figure out how to get clients to use them. Now with Bookedin my clients like the ease they can book a meeting with me so much they are saying things like "I love the BOOK APPOINMENT SYSTEM, pretty awesome!" Can you imagine the value of having a client love your appointment booking system...$$$cha-ching$$$ The truth is they have incredible customer service. The app. is super easy to set up and use, however their CSR Leanne helped me create a Book Appointment button that I've added to my email signature and now meetings just arrive upon request. I am notified via email and can easily modify or delete a meeting that I have not agreed to. If all that was not enough, I'll say that the reason to use this system is dedication. Mike the CEO is attentive to his clients and their needs. He's been in direct contact with me and reached out as soon as he had the key functionality available that I wanted. Thank you Bookedin team, keep up the good work!

Marco Castaneda

Excellent tool for Entre- and Solo-preneurs!

Reviewed 2018-07-03

Freeing up my time so that I might better serve Patients / Practice Members!

Pros
Once clients are familiarized its use, BookedIN enables me to let clients make their own appointments, at their convenience and thus frees me up to keep serving other clients!

Cons
There are just a couple of nit-picky things I'd like to see implemented that haven't been implemented yet (such as different colors for different types of appointments) but I know some of these are already in the works (eg recurring appointments)!

Rebecca Karl

Maverick Driving Academy

Reviewed 2019-02-27

We are able to put in times that have set for the testers and they are able to go in and set the time and date. It has saved a lot of time, because I do not have to be on the phone as much explain all of the things that they will need for the test.

Pros
We like that the customer is able to go in anytime and schedule a driving test. We do not have to take payments during the busy time of all of the paperwork, so it moves a lot quicker.

Cons
We would like a way to run reports at the end of the month and see what we have done in though the month on testers. Wish there was a way to call some to explain the problems that we are having and be able to fix it with out going though an email.

Matt Priestley

Everyone loves using the app

Reviewed 2017-12-10

It gets me more frequent clients. I wish that they could pre book in advance more than one time slot. Most want a recurring appointment but don't have the option.

Pros
It's easy for my clients to use. They like getting reminders about when to come in. They like the layout as well.

Cons
I book 45 min appointments but the app shows 30 minutes. I lose more appointments this way. It's costing me money and I might find a better app after this year.

Response from BookedIN

Hi Matt, Thank you so much for the review! To help out with the 45min appointments, there is a great setting for this. Go to "settings > calendars > edit... then change your 'BOOKING INTERVAL' to 45 minutes. Hit "save" and then your booking page will show 45 min increments to clients which will space things out nicely for you :) Also, I will track your vote for the "recurring" feature. Let me know if you have any other feedback, we always love hearing from you! ~Leanne

Andrea Czarnecki

It has changed the way I run my business!I'm able to leave my phone at home for a change!

Reviewed 2017-07-11

Better use of time to start! I am able to focus on running my business and give my clients the best possible care without worrying about the minute details of booking people in. My clients love the convenience!

Pros
The best part about the BookedIn system is that I am no longer attached to my phone. Clients can easily access my business booking site, they don't need a password or profile to book and it literally takes 30 seconds for them to book their own appointments! I am so pleased with how much stress this has taken off my plate. Not having to text people appointment options and wait until they get back to me has streamlined how my schedule fills. I have gotten new clients in the last month and even more during the trial period. I can't say enough about how easy it is to use.

Cons
There is a minor lag sometimes when switching screens and while using the desktop version I sometimes have to refresh the page but again only minor. I have only had one occurence where someone didn't receive their text reminder but it was caught and I was able to confirm via an alternate means of communication but otherwise I am loving it!

John Mehmet

so ease to use & install

Reviewed 2016-10-27

im so happy that ive manage to found a Software program which we can all easy use. needed a Diary to book the appointments with . I'm not one for change & have no idea on the use of PC Technology , i was Petrified that I wouldn't be able to understand & use . It was very Easy to install . It has been over a year since we installed the Bookedin System its a old Cliche , I wished that I'd done it much sooner.

Pros
Vary easy to use

Cons
Can not send out Text messages

Response from BookedIN

Hey John!

BookedIN is super excited to announce patient text reminders are now live!

Looks like you have not activated them yet though. You'll find the new settings under "settings > email/text reminders" in your web account.

Please give us a shout any time if you need help. =)

Karen Gaines Long

I love BookedIn. Very convenient and easy to use. Although I would love to see new features.

Reviewed 2018-07-17

Pros
Easy access, I can sync to my personal calendar, appointment reminders for clients (although I wish there were more options for reminders: like a day before notification/reminder). Love that I can pull up app from my computer or mobile devices.

Cons
I can't pull over clients who are already in my contacts. It would be so much easier if I could have access to my contacts when booking a new client who may already be in my phone contacts. Right now I have to copy phone numbers and email address from contacts in order to add to bookedin to book appointments.

Lindsay DeBord

BookedIn for new business

Reviewed 2017-03-23

We appreciate bookedIn. Any less than 5 is because we know they will continue to add the features and functionality needed and that clients expect-ability to text for appointment reminders. To repeat bookings biweekly, every week same time, etc. Further, only being able to email has been a bit frustrating as a new business learning. They are very fast at responding we just enjoy talking.

Pros
Basic to use, not complicated. Easy to update/change services and hours. Our clients love the ability to book themselves online. The online booking is easy to share in texts/social media.

Cons
Inability to text clients and to re-occurring booking times (our clients come twice a week for many weeks in a row and very time consuming to book each appointment.

Response from BookedIN

Hi Lindsay! We're super excited to announce bookedIN SMS reminders are live! Looks like your clients are using it already. Got any feedback for us?

Thanks for the awesome feedback, our team is always working to improve the app so this kind of feedback helps us know what to build next. =)

If you ever have questions or ideas, please give our team a shout any time.

Jana Bake

I use this program for my salon. My clients and my stylists love it, and so do I!

Reviewed 2018-07-02

The ability to keep track of all my stylists and my schedules on the go, as well as allow clients to schedule online which they love.

Pros
I can take calls at home and schedule any time from my phone. I can see what my stylists are doing any time, which I love.

Cons
I wish it saved client info from the client side so I wouldn't get so many duplicate entries from clients who may not type their name in the same each time. Also, when they are booking multiple appointments, they have to type their info in each time. I wish it were easier to combine duplicate entries as well.

Tommie Schwesing

BookedIN has been a great addition to my business

Reviewed 2018-06-28

Quick and easy online scheduling. Ease of use for myself.

Pros
The ease of use for myself and especially my clients is great. I am told consistently how easy it was for a client to book their own appointment. This comes in handy for my senior clients who aren't always tech savvy

Cons
It doesn't have the ability to sell products or send out promotional emails, which would make it amazing. I also wish it had the option of sending out a one time client intake form in the beginning.

Julie Brooks

Very easy to use!

Reviewed 2016-11-15

I've been with bookedin for a while now and any time I've had to ask any questions or need some support theyve been very quick to get back to me. As a personal trainer this scheduler is perfect for me and my customers.

Pros
Ability to sync with other calendars

Cons
Can't put a location on each day so that clients will automatically know where we'll be. Each day is a different location.

Paisley Bedford Parker

Great application

Reviewed 2019-02-22

I am able to send out my calendar to clients and have them book or give them the option to have me book appointments. I like the option of only allowing clients to book so far ahead, but being able to personally block off my time and customize hours when needed. It has helped me receive less overlap when booking clients for myself.

Pros
I like that I am able to send reminders to clients, to save client information, and potentially add additional calendars/employees.

Cons
I don’t like that I’m not able to extend appointment times between days (ex: 9pm-3am) and instead have to make two appointments. I also haven’t figured out if booking reoccurring appointments is possible.

Heidi Ricakrd

My customers love my booking system

Reviewed 2016-10-27

My customers love how easy it is to use BookedIn. I also love how easy and intuitive the program is to use. If I ever have any issues, I contact customer support. They are always cheerful and helpful and I feel genuinely cared for as their client.

Pros
Easy, clean and inexpensive

Cons
I would like more options, fonts and colors.

Monica Young

Love program until you updated software and now my patients are getting emails for 1:30am etc appoin

Reviewed 2018-06-28

Pros
Ease of adding patient information, allows me to make changes to names etc. Patients love the system.

Cons
but do not like how u changed the time slots. Until I realized I needed to make sure all appointments said PM patients are getting emails in the middle of the night .. Not happy

Response from BookedIN

Hi Monica, Thank you for letting us know about that issue with the am/pm. I'm so sorry about that, a client getting an email for a 1:30am appointment is definitely not good! This issue was caused by a bug, and thankfully it is now fixed. The AM/PM should now default properly avoiding any confusion. Please let us know if you have any other concerns, thank you again for letting us know. ~Leanne

Laura Olsen

User-friendly!

Reviewed 2016-10-27

This appointment booking software is absolutely perfect for my needs. It has significantly decreased my need for back-and-forth communication just about scheduling issues, thereby saving me time. Customer service has always been so prompt with their responses. I tried a couple of other similar programs before Booked In and it is above and beyond better than other programs out there.

Pros
Real time scheduling, they do all the confirmation and reminder emails, ease of ability to change my "regular" schedule when I need to. Syncs to my personal calendar, which is awesome. I love the app as well for when I'm not at my computer.

Cons
I honestly haven't had any issues with it. Very satisfied.